pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
LG Sciences BC+EAA
First Impression​
Taste
= 5/5
Great blue raspberry taste, with absolutely no bitter aftertaste. Also not overally sweet or overpowering.​
Mix-ability = 4/5
I tossed the recommended three scoops into my shaker cup and tried mixing it with a spoon really quick, dissolved a little bit but I would have been sitting there for a little bit to get it fully absorbed. I dropped my blender ball in and tossed the cap on it and it was fully dissolved with about 10 seconds of shaking.​
Other
I will get into other aspects such as training, endurance, recovery, etc once the log starts rolling. Today I had to take a stim this morning along with BC+EAA otherwise I would have not got my @ss out of bed, let alone to the gym. Also I would like to thank LG Sciences for the logging opportunity.​

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Great start, looking forward to the rest of the log :)

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
wow, a 5 out of 5 on taste. i can't wait until mine gets here!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
wow, a 5 out of 5 on taste. i can't wait until mine gets here!
Im a sucker for Blue Rasp, it reminds me of being really young and getting Slush Puppies from the gas station by my elementary school. Man I looked like one tough 4th grader when I was rolling with a Slushy after school on the way home.....

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
now you've got me thinking of trying to make a blue-raz BC+EAA slushy in the blender.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
now you've got me thinking of trying to make a blue-raz BC+EAA slushy in the blender.

Great minds think alike, this is EXACTLY what im going to do tonight when i pick it up from the UPS center!!!

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
subbed, and agreed on the flavor, I took 4 scoops pre and 4 post today. So glad it isnt overly sweet like xtend. I was loyal to xtend for yrs despite the slight headache from large amounts artificial flavors, but am damn glad theres finally a better option on the market!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good deal, paul.

I can't wait to get mine!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I am actually thinking about ordering another bottle while they have the promotion going and making this log serious...

Other
I had a serving right upon waking today since I most likely wont be lifting anything today. The drink was really refreshing and got rid of my cotton mouth very well. I put a little to much water in so the flavor was a little weaker but none the less it still tasted good. I definitely noticed a little energy from it about 15 minutes later, which is always nice in the morning. I am looking forward to using it before my ME upper day tomorrow, those always drain me pretty good.​

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the only thing i was worried about is the taste ..but after reading the feedback .. ima order 3-4 tubs of this stuff since the promotion is going on :)

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Workout #2​
Energy
The Bcaa's definitely have always given me a little extra to run on during training. I like taking them right before hitting the weights because it keeps me feeling pretty good for about 45-60 minutes after taking them. I noticed today since I was coming off of my carb load from yesterday that they helped regulate my blood sugar level which was a little low before going into the session.​
Muscle Recovery
Well I had a pretty rough ME lower day on Friday, and when I went to train today I wasn't really feeling any DOMS other than a little in my hips. Usually my hamstrings are pretty sore after a squat workout but I didn't really notice it today. I will be really happy if my upper body isn't sore tomorrow because I tried a bunch on new stuff today because we just got a fat bar into the gym.​
CNS Recovery
Basically I test this with my grip strength. I use a captain of crush gripper after my training and see if I am able to close it with both hands. If so then I know my CNS is recovering well but if I can't I know its time to back off a bit or promote CNS recovery in other means. I was able to close the gripper fairly easy today with both hands, but on Friday I was only able to close it with my left hand completely. If I can consistently close the gripper throughout the whole log, then this supplement will be a winner in my book.​

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Workout #2​
Energy
The Bcaa's definitely have always given me a little extra to run on during training. I like taking them right before hitting the weights because it keeps me feeling pretty good for about 45-60 minutes after taking them. I noticed today since I was coming off of my carb load from yesterday that they helped regulate my blood sugar level which was a little low before going into the session.​
Muscle Recovery
Well I had a pretty rough ME lower day on Friday, and when I went to train today I wasn't really feeling any DOMS other than a little in my hips. Usually my hamstrings are pretty sore after a squat workout but I didn't really notice it today. I will be really happy if my upper body isn't sore tomorrow because I tried a bunch on new stuff today because we just got a fat bar into the gym.​
CNS Recovery
Basically I test this with my grip strength. I use a captain of crush gripper after my training and see if I am able to close it with both hands. If so then I know my CNS is recovering well but if I can't I know its time to back off a bit or promote CNS recovery in other means. I was able to close the gripper fairly easy today with both hands, but on Friday I was only able to close it with my left hand completely. If I can consistently close the gripper throughout the whole log, then this supplement will be a winner in my book.​
Excellent feed back man!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in! Glad to finally see a log of this! Nice review so far! Very interested to see how this works for you!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I used the BC+EAA after my workout yesterday in place of my PeptoPro so I could compare the two, and....
Taste
This is so much more enjoyable to drink after training then PeptoPro, its not bitter tasting at all​
Hydration
I used about 16 ounces of water with my serving and it seemed to keep me pretty hydrated after training. I didn't experience any dry mouth or head aches so thats good.​
Insulin Surge
Well since I am on the AD diet I did not add any carbs to this so the insulin spike was pretty minimal with one serving. I went solely on judging how my body felt about 10-15 minutes later so this isnt the most scientific test. Usually though with PeptoPro I will noticed a sharp decrease in blood sugar after about 15 minutes.​
Recovery
I am feeling pretty sore today, but I had a rough workout so its hard to judge. I still prefer using the aminos before my training and the pepto pro after so that is what I will continue to do through out the rest of the log.​

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the updates man! Looks good so far :)

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I am not running a log, but I did buy 2 canisters of this during pre-order. I tried 3 scoops and mixed with 12 oz of water. After tasting XTend and its overpowering flavor I expected similar with this product. It was definately not the case and the flavor was very light. The next time I put in 4 scoops and that made the flavor less watered down and very good.

I also can say it has helped with my recovery. I have pushed myself this week while being on vacation. I hit the gym on Mon, Tues and Wed and pushed some serious weights with 20+ minutes of cardio every day. While I do have some DOMs they are not as bad as they have been before and I have the energy needed to perform at my best. So far I am impressed with this product and I plan to order more once these tubs run out.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I am not running a log, but I did buy 2 canisters of this during pre-order. I tried 3 scoops and mixed with 12 oz of water. After tasting XTend and its overpowering flavor I expected similar with this product. It was definately not the case and the flavor was very light. The next time I put in 4 scoops and that made the flavor less watered down and very good.

I also can say it has helped with my recovery. I have pushed myself this week while being on vacation. I hit the gym on Mon, Tues and Wed and pushed some serious weights with 20+ minutes of cardio every day. While I do have some DOMs they are not as bad as they have been before and I have the energy needed to perform at my best. So far I am impressed with this product and I plan to order more once these tubs run out.
Awesome news man! Glad you liked it, and out performing Xtend in taste? Great!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Awesome news man! Glad you liked it, and out performing Xtend in taste? Great!
I have only tried the XTend in watermelon. I like the taste of it, but the aftertaste is rough. With the LG product there is minimal aftertaste.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
1 Week In​
Taste
Still very enjoyable, perfect at about 12 ounces of water for me.​
Energy during training
One of my favorite parts of BCAA and EAA administration before a workout is the amount of energy you still have towards the end of a hard workout. I really went to town my last couple training sessions with a lot of reps and little rest between them and I have not had any problem making it through the workouts. I can't wait to start my new training cycle this week, we have been just doing whatever for the past couple weeks because we came off of a meet and with the Holiday coming up there was no point in starting a cycle.​
Recovery
Although I haven't noticed a huge difference in DOMS the day after training, I have noticed that I am not sore the same night that I trained. Usually if I train in the morning I will start to feel some DOMS by the end of the night while I am at work, but with the BC+EAA I haven't really noticed that.​
CNS Recovery
With the exception of Monday, nothing this week has been to CNS intensive. With that being said though I am definitely feeling very refreshed and ready for some heavy training. I closed my grippers no problem today and I am going to be using the next strength up very soon, just have to remember to use it when I am at my gym.​

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Speed Squat/Pull Day​
Training
I have had a crazy low back pump since today's session, damn reverse hyper. I drank the BC+EAA during my training today and I am glad I did. I was able to keep my energy and strength up for a pretty long workout that had a big break in the middle. Here is the session for anyone who is curious

DE 14' Box Squats - warmups then 8x2 @ 225+80-100pounds chains.
Ran mono hooks for others so I cooled down here and then:
DE Sumo Pull against Monster Mini's 6x1 @ 315 and maybe an extra 150 at the top
Glute Ham's - 4x10-12
Standing Ab's (awesome exercise) 4 x 12 @ 120
Reverse Hyper Short Strap - 3x20 @ 200​

Other
I am noticing that my weight has stayed the same over the past week although my training and diet has been a little off do to some family issues. I have been falling about 800kcals short each day and had to cut my carb up way down and I am not really feeling any negative effects from it. Usually once my calories go down for a few days consecutively I lose all my static strength and really have to rely on perfect form to move anything worthwile, today I was able to blast through my speed work pretty good despite a few lapses in my pulling form.​

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dynamic Upper Body​
Training
Training felt good today, despite the gym being about 30 degrees. I drank the BC+EAA just before my workout and within about ten minutes I noticed a bit of a pick me up. Here is the training for the day:
DE Bench : 9x3 @ 185 + Double Mini's and 1 Set Chains per side
5 Board Press : All sets with Chains and Minis still 225x5 275x5 315x5 315x5 With the bands and chains its about 425 up top
Reverse Hyper Swings : 2x20
Lat Pull Down Fat DD handle : 5x12 @ 230
Barbell Front Raise : 4x10-12 @ 85
Standing Tates : 2x15 @ 50's + Light Band
Curls : ? just done while waiting for training partners to finish up​
CNS
Tested the grippers today and I was able to close the 200lb gripper with out setting it first so I was happy about that. Felt very refreshed and mentally into training today.​
Mass
I am up about 4 lbs this week, I know a few pounds are due to water retention thanks to some salty pistachios, but my legs seem to be a little bigger without the retention. If I gained a 1/2 of muscle this week I would be really pleased, so I can't wait to see how I look once I lose my bloat.​

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Nice log man! Good format, are you finding DOMS is decreasing?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Nice log man! Good format, are you finding DOMS is decreasing?
DOMS isnt usually a big issue with me except for when it comes to my posterior chain. I have noticed that the doing reverse hypers does not leave me as "sore" later in the day. I quoted sore because unless you have done reverse hyper swings you really wont get the feeling I am describing, its like a pump mixed with doms mixed with feeling stretched out. Tomorrow I am scheduled to do some suspended camber bar good mornings, which if I am not sore on Saturday I will be amazed.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I pretty much follow all of your logs...so just checking in with ya bud!

Cheers!:cheers:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DOMS isnt usually a big issue with me except for when it comes to my posterior chain. I have noticed that the doing reverse hypers does not leave me as "sore" later in the day. I quoted sore because unless you have done reverse hyper swings you really wont get the feeling I am describing, its like a pump mixed with doms mixed with feeling stretched out. Tomorrow I am scheduled to do some suspended camber bar good mornings, which if I am not sore on Saturday I will be amazed.
I get that feeling from Cleans, although those mess with my wrists. Need to work on my wrist flexibility to catch the bar.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Max Effort Legs​
Training
I left the BC+EAA outside in the snow about 1 hour before my training, by the time I got to them they were definitely refreshing. We had a night session last night so everyone was a little out of their element but I felt the BC+EAA definitely gave me that little extra energy to step up to the plate. Anyways here is the training, I cut the SSB a little early because my balance was right tonight and I was slipping around in my chuck's like crazy.
SSB 10' box+soft foam - 135x3 185x3 225x3 275x3 275x3 295x2 (fell backwards and torques ankle on third :( )
Arch Back GM - 225x12 315x5 365x5 405x5
Back Attack on GHR - 4 sets 15-10 reps
Reverse Hyper Abs - 3 sets
Dimel Deads - 225x15x15
GHR - 3x15-20
My Low Squat Sucks!​
DOMS
I was expecting my back to be a little sore today but it actually felt pretty good. My hips feel pretty beat up though, but that will most likely subside sometime tomorrow. I don't think the BC+EAA is dosed high enough for me to really get a huge DOMS reduction but it does definitely help a little bit to lessen my DOMS in the few hours after the session. I am going to try double dosing for my next speed lower day and see if that makes a difference.​
CNS Recovery
I definitely notice this benefit from the BC+EAA, as I have been able to close my gripper with no set every time I tried. The real test will be towards the end of next week because I always start getting worn out after two weeks of a cycle where we go for triples.​

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice log to date with this stuff... With the promo code you cant beat it! and with Xtends prices...well its a no brainer!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Max Effort Upper​
Training
Had a great day today, went in all carb'd up from yesterday so I was feeling pretty ginormis. I double dosed the BC+EAA today and drank it during my training. My energy stayed great throughout the training and I definitely kept my strength up throughout. Here is the training:
Warmup Full Range Presses - worked up to 225
3 Board against doubled Monster Mini's - 275x3 295x3 315x3 335x3 345x3 365x2 (Probably about 80lbs band tension on board and 120lbs up top. )
El Gordo O.H. Press - 135x10 185x8 190x6 190x6
Fat Man Rows - 3 sets of 15
Floor JM's - 5 sets of 10
Metal Militia Lat Pull Down - 4 sets of 12
Hammer Curls - 4 sets of 12 (supersetted with lats)​
DOMS/Pump
Well when I left today I was feeling pretty pumped up, but as the day has gone by its just turning into sore triceps. Hopefully a good nights sleep will cure all, I will let you guys know tomorrow.​

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dynamic Lower​
Training
Well I was still pretty sore before doing this workout, but some foam rolling and good layer of Blue heat and I was good to go. Do to some time restrictions with the rest of the group we had to split the training into two sessions, one in the morning and then one later. Here is the training:
AM
GHR - 3 sets of 15 to warm up
Dynamic Squats w/ Squat bar and 80lbs chain - 225x2 225x2 225x2 245x2 245x2 245x2 245x2 265x2
Speed Deads with doubled Mini's - 275 for 8 singles (about 150-200 band tension at top)
Reverse Hyper Swings - 4 sets of 20
PM
Some Lat Pulls to warm up
45 degree back raise against average band - 4 sets of 15 add 45lb plate 1x12
Standing Abs - 6 sets
Thigh Adductor Machine- 210+doubled mini band around knees
AnkleTraction and Foam rolling to finish​
Recovery
I felt great going into the later workout of the day despite the tremendous back pump I had early thanks to the reverse hyper. The second workout felt really good and actually made me want to split my training up more often if I can get recovery like this. I think using the two servings of BC+EAA really made a huge difference in the effects for me just because I am a bigger guy.​
BC+EAA's One Downfall
I can fit my hand into the container to get the scoop now that the powder is getting lower!!! This really is the only downfall I have seen in this product so far and it is easily remeedied by dumping the product into a different container.​
Hydration
Well I figure this is a pretty good indicator so I will share it with everyone. I have been drinking about 20oz of water with the BC+EAA throughout my workout and I have noticed the my urine in the hours after my workout is crystal clear. Probably more info that some of you wanted to know but it is definitely a positive aspect of the product, because a hydrated muscle is an anabolic muscle.​

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Yeah two serves for someone your size might be in order. 225lbs! Wow!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Dynamic Upper​
Training
Had a good day today and hit a PR in my board pressing. I am really noticing increasing strength since I have started using the BC+EAA and now that I am double dosing it I am noticing it reducing my DOMS. I still think the biggest effect I am receiving though is the recovery rate of my CNS. Despite the workouts I have been doing and the extra work I do throughout the day I haven't noticed any fatigue that I would normally associate with CNS drain. Anyways here is the training for today:

GHR and Reverse Hypers for Warmup
Speed Bench With Doubled Mini and 1 Set Chains - 9 working sets of 3 at 185 (Great Bar Speed)
5 Board with Band/Chain - 275x5 315x5 365x5 365x5 (so much tension at the top lol)
Fat Bar Pull Ups - 6 sets of 15
Blast Strap Dips - 100 total reps in 5 sets
EZ Bar Curls - 4 x 12 @ 145lbs
Finished with Face Pulls and Rotator Bar Pulldowns​

Taste
Well as mentioned previously in this thread the taste reminds me a lot of a slushy. Well since there was a good wet snow coming down today I decided to mix my BC+EAA with about 2-3 ounces of water to make it very strong and then I placed a keg cup out in the snow while training. Towards the middle of the workout I went out grabbed the cup and put the BC+EAA's on the snow. Damn was that refreshing lol. Nothing like having a slushy when your training in an unheated garage in the middle of winter.​

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

Final Review
Max Effort Lower​
Training
Awesome day today IMO, felt very strong and well recovered from the week. Here is the training:

GHR Warmup
Deads against doubled Mini's (~100 pounds at bottom 200 at top)
135x1 225x1 225x3 275x3 315x3 365x3 405x3 425x2
Mantra Ray Squats to Hassock - 3x6@225
Glute Hams With Light band around neck - 3x12​
Final Thoughts
Taste - Excellent, really enjoyable to drink and really refreshing
Mix-A-bility-Very similar to XTend, almost instant mixing in cold water.
DOMS Relief- Only really noticed it when starting double dosing but I am also a bigger guy. Very similar recovery to using a shake with isolate and carbs, but nutritionally speaking this is better IMO because I don't need the carbs.
CNS Recovery-This really shined for me, my grip strength stayed consistent throughout which is a good indicator of CNS fatigue for me.
Only Flaw- We need a bigger container! Not only would I like more product it there so I wouldn't have to buy as often (price per serving is fine, no complaints there) but I would also like a container my hand could fit into. Like I already said though this is easily fixed by dumping the BC+EAA into a different container which I did once it started getting low.
Is It Worth Buying- Yes! Its a product that everyone can benefit from and is enjoyable to use.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice log... I agree with the container, Its need to have a wider width

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Nice review man, and I agree a larger container with even more in it would be great! maybe 60-90+serves :)

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Nice log... I agree with the container, Its need to have a wider width
That is my only problem with it as well. I can't fit my hand in the container and I make a mess trying to get the last bit out. Besides that I am very happy with the product.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
That is my only problem with it as well. I can't fit my hand in the container and I make a mess trying to get the last bit out. Besides that I am very happy with the product.
i believe this is being fixed :)