REDuction + Lean FX + Extras...

VegasCoug

Awards
Today is Day 1. Will post all the details tonight but was bored at work so I figured I'd get this thing going.

Quick Stats:
-6'
-Approx 200ish lbs (will get 1st day weight at gym tonight)
-Approx 13-14% bf
-I've been lifting seriously for about 3 years. Moved to Vegas in January and with the move, new job, etc. my training was put on the back-burner. I've been lifting hard for the past few months and am getting close to where I was before moving.

The Supps:
-Controlled Labs REDuction
-Anabolic Xtreme Lean FX
-Designer Supplements Activate Xtreme

The Staples:
-Core ABC (this is technically a new one to me but I've taken Xtend off and on for the past year and a half)
-Multi
-Fish Oil
-Scivation Whey

Training:
-I follow a modified Westside routine geared towards strength and mass gains.
-Will post up workouts as I do them.
-Mon = ME Upper
-Wed = ME Lower
-Fri = RE Upper
-Sat = RE Lower
-That's the basic outline but the days may change depending on work, life, etc.
-But I lift 4 days a week. And usually do cardio twice a week on the elliptical or treadmill.

Diet:
-CHA (Scivation)
-Little carbs, lots of protein and healthy fat
-Protein sources: chicken, eggs, whey, turkey
-Fat sources: almonds, natty PB, egg yolk
-Carbs: only coming from grapefruit, broccolli, spinach. Trace carbs coming from some of the marinades I use. Very little though, 4 or less carbs.
-Calories are around 2700 or so. Don't measure exactly. I mainly judge it by how quickly I lose the weight and if strength suffers.

Goals:
-LOSE BODYFAT! :D
-Maintain or even gain strength

I'll be measuring results based on the scale, mirror, and strength on lifts. I most likely will not take measurements but may see if I can get my BF tested at the gym tonight.

I should probably mention that this is an Unsponsored Log.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing some results! :D

Feel free to follow along and ask any questions!

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 1:

Training:

-ME Bench
Warmups
205x3
230x3
210x3

-CG Chin-Ups
BW+20x6
BW+20x6
BW+20x5
BW+20x3 + BWx3

-Seated Military Press
135x6
135x6
135x5

-Pendlay Rows
135x6
155x6
175x6
175x6

-Lying Extensions
75x15
75x10
75x8 + 4

-Standing DB Curls
35x14
35x10
35x8 + 4

-Laterals
25x12
25x12

-Felt pretty good in the gym.
-Wasn't impressed with bench but other lifts felt strong.
-Nice pump and good energy throughout entire workout. Just wanted to keep going.

Weight:
-199.5 lbs (preworkout)
-Weight is taken around 6pm so it's not as accurate as taking first thing in the AM. But should help track progress.

Supplements:
-Probably too early to make any claims... but I did have good energy throughout the day and felt strong in the gym. Good pump and vascularity.

QUESTION:
-What's the best way to dose Lean FX? I read on the website to take one upon waking and one immediatly postworkout. I workout at night. Where would the best place be to take the 3rd dose?

VegasCoug

Awards
Here's the Westside program I've been following for quite a while now:

Monday-
-Bench Press: 1x3 100% ME, 2x3 >90% 3RM
-CG Chin-up: 4X5-6
-Military Press: 3x5-6
-Pendlay Row: 4x5-6
-Lying Extensions: 3x10-15
-Standing DB Curls: 3x10-15
-Laterals: 2x10-15

Wednesday-
-Deadlift: 1x3 100% ME, 2x3 >90% 3RM
-Front Squat: 4x5
-Reverse Hypers: 3x8-12
-Cable Laterals: 2x10-15

Friday-
-Incline DB: 3x8
-Wide Grip Pullup/Lat Pulldown: 4x8-12
-CGBP: 3x8
-Seated Rows: 4x8-12
-Tri PD: 3x10-15
-Preacher Curls: 3x10-15
-Laterals: 2x10-15

Saturday-
-Squats: 5x8
-SLDL: 4x10
-Reverse Hypers: 3x8-12
-Cable Laterals: 2x10-15

VegasCoug

Awards
Another question for you guys, I took a few pics tonight and am wondering how to post them in the thread. Any help is appreciated! :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Along for the ride!

You can "attach" the pics via the thread, or post them on "imageshack.us" and link us from there!

VegasCoug

Awards
Forgot to mention I'm taking CL Green Magnitude. I've taken it in the past so I know what to expect from it.

Will get the pics up tonight when I get home :D

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to mention I'm taking CL Green Magnitude. I've taken it in the past so I know what to expect from it.

Will get the pics up tonight when I get home :D
Awesome stack you have going there!!! How long have you been working out?

VegasCoug

Awards
Awesome stack you have going there!!! How long have you been working out?
I started lifting regularly around 2003 or so. Didn't actually get serious about it until 2006 or so. Since then I've been followed anything from your typical splits, to DFHT, HST, to 5x5, etc. I've been doing this Westside hybrid for a little over a year and have been happy with it. My strength was quite a bit higher before moving to Vegas. Moved here to take a job after college and it's been pretty stressful. A lot more hours, so lifting suffered for a while. Now I'm back in the groove and am really looking forward to some results! :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Subb'd

Best of luck with your cycle, man.

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 2:

OFF DAY FROM TRAINING

-This is actually my 3rd full day of AX. I bought the bottle a couple months ago and tried using it. But after a couple days on the full dose I had what looked like an allergic reaction. So I stopped taking it. Had the bottle sitting in my cupboard for a while and figured I'd give it a go again. This time I started with 2 pills for a couple days, then 3 pills for a couple days, then the full 4 pills. I've made sure to take the pills with meals. Haven't had any problems doing it this way. I have no idea if the reaction was due to AX but stopped taking it just in case.
-Felt good all day. Felt positive, confident, happy. Maybe too early to attribute this to the supps but regardless I had a good day.
-Nearly slept through my alarm this morning. (REDuction?)
-Hungry all day. Seems my metabolism is working quite nice :D

ME LOWER tomorrow! Bring on the deads... :D

VegasCoug

Awards
FYI, my dosing schedule....

Upon waking:
-2 AM REDuction
-1 Lean FX

1st meal:
-1 AX

2nd meal:
-1 AX (non-workout days)

3rd meal:
-Lean FX (non-workout days)

4th meal:
-2 AX (approx 1 hour before gym)

Preworkout:
-Green Magnitude

Intra:
-CORE ABC

Postworkout:
-1 Lean FX

5th meal:
-Nothing

6th meal:
-1 AX
-1 Lean FX

30 minutes before bed:
-2 PM REDuction

I'm not sure I'm dosing the AX and Lean FX optimally. Anybody got some input? I've read that a lot of people have had good results with the 2 AX prior to working out. And the Anabolic Xtreme website mentions to take 1 dose upon waking and 1 immediately post-workout. I kind of threw in the other doses when I felt they made sense. Any input is appreciated!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
The best times to take AX are first thing in the morning and pre-workout. First thing in the morn is when Test levels are the highest (and like 98% taken up by SHBG). Before a work is a no brainer: that's when the test levels make a big difference on your performance.

Lean FX is great first thing in the morning. Your body has been in a semi-fasted state, cortisol is about to be produced as you wake up and start moving around. The additional ingredients (i.e. Cha de bugre and Aneurin-DBE) will freaking wake your ass up! Post workout is again a good time to take, as the body starts producing cortisol while you work out to give you more energy. Taking post-workout will put a damper on it when you're finished. Other than that, so long as you are just getting your doses in throughout the day, you are good to go. You could also time your doses around more stressful times of your day, such as work, etc. With the holidays coming up, you might dose it before going shopping.... or making an attempt to drive across town within a reasonable time. :sad:

VegasCoug

Awards
The best times to take AX are first thing in the morning and pre-workout. First thing in the morn is when Test levels are the highest (and like 98% taken up by SHBG). Before a work is a no brainer: that's when the test levels make a big difference on your performance.

Lean FX is great first thing in the morning. Your body has been in a semi-fasted state, cortisol is about to be produced as you wake up and start moving around. The additional ingredients (i.e. Cha de bugre and Aneurin-DBE) will freaking wake your ass up! Post workout is again a good time to take, as the body starts producing cortisol while you work out to give you more energy. Taking post-workout will put a damper on it when you're finished. Other than that, so long as you are just getting your doses in throughout the day, you are good to go. You could also time your doses around more stressful times of your day, such as work, etc. With the holidays coming up, you might dose it before going shopping.... or making an attempt to drive across town within a reasonable time. :sad:
Thanks! I think I'll keep the dosing close to how I have it since it follows your comments. Good info about the stress, I have noticed that at work I've been a bit more upbeat and have actually been more productive than usual :D

The combo of REDuction and Lean FX in the morning has definitely been a nice energy boost. Nice and smooth energy.

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 3:

ME Lower

Deadlift
-Warmups
-315x3
-355x3
-315x3

Front Squat
-135x5
-155x5
-175x5
-175x5

Reverse Hypers
-55x12
-55x12
-55x10

Cable Laterals
-20x15
-20x14

Supersetted with...

DB Shrugs
-65x12
-65x12

Decline Abs
-25lbsx15
-35lbsx15

Supersetted with...

Leg Lifts
-BWx12
-BWx8

-Felt pretty good in the gym. I was a little tired so my energy was a bit lower than usual. Will be getting to bed earlier tonight.
-Deads were a little hard. Grip strength seems to be the issue. I don't use chalk, gloves, straps, etc. Need to work on grip!
-Energy and mood was good throughout the day. I've been in a really good mood all week. Focus has been better at work as well.
-I was extremely hungry today! I eat all day but still seem to be hungry.
-I've noticed a couple pimples here and there. I tend to get a few pimples every once in a while, so far it's hard to tell if it's from AX.

Will be lifting tomorrow instead of Friday. I have a work thing going on Friday night. So I'll post another update tomorrow night!

VegasCoug

Awards
Woke up this morning with an extremely dry mouth. I drink about a gallon of water a day, will up that to see if that helps.

Super tired this morning, took my REDuction AM and Lean FX and now I'm ready to go! I'm really enjoying the energy it's giving me. It's very smooth, no jitters or anything.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
most stimulants tend to have a slight diuretic effect, so you might look into increasing your water intake.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
most stimulants tend to have a slight diuretic effect, so you might look into increasing your water intake.
Yup. The PM will make you thirsty in the morning, and possibly throughout the night.

I can see the PM formula is working quite well with your sleeping... Better sleep = better recovery and higher test levels :thumbsup:

VegasCoug

Awards
Yup. The PM will make you thirsty in the morning, and possibly throughout the night.

I can see the PM formula is working quite well with your sleeping... Better sleep = better recovery and higher test levels :thumbsup:
Haven't had a problem being thirsty during the night but definitely woke up this morning with a seriously dry mouth! I drank more water today and will leave a glass of water next to my bed tonight just in case :)

I've been sleeping really well. Almost too well... I feel a little groggy in the morning but after AM and Lean FX I'm ready to go.

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 4:

-Incline DB
Warmups
80x8
80x8
80x7 + 50x5

-Widegrip Pullups (Done on assisted pullup machine, I actually like this better. Allows me to use really strict form)
BW-40x12
BW-50x11
BW-60x11
BW-60x8 + BW-70x4

-Closegrip Bench
155x8
155x8
155x8

-Seated Rows
135x12
135x12
135x10
135x9

-Tri Pushdowns (Rope)
60x15
70x15
70x15

-Preacher Curls (Done leaning over the opposite side of the preacher bench using a flat BB, not EZ Bar. Kinda hard to explain the lift. But it really hits my biceps hard.)
55x12
55x10
55x8 + 55x6 Standing

-Pretty intense workout. Nice pump throughout upper body and some vascularity. The pump was nice since I'm not on any NO supps and am eating virtually no carbs.
-Energy and focus was really good. Didn't want to leave the gym.
-Hunger was crazy again today! But I'm not having cravings. Just always hungry.
-Felt pretty warm after taking the AX preworkout. Noticed this yesterday too. It wasn't uncomfortable or anything, just a little warmer than usual.
-Little bit of acne but nothing unusual yet.
-Mood has been really good the past few days.

Off day tomorrow. Will be in the gym Saturday for RE LOWER.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Haven't had a problem being thirsty during the night but definitely woke up this morning with a seriously dry mouth! I drank more water today and will leave a glass of water next to my bed tonight just in case :)

I've been sleeping really well. Almost too well... I feel a little groggy in the morning but after AM and Lean FX I'm ready to go.
Do you get your full 8 hours every night?

VegasCoug

Awards
Do you get your full 8 hours every night?
Not as often as I'd like. Usually it's around 7 hours during the week. I work pretty long hours and by the time I've worked, lifted, relaxed, cooked the next days meals it's always pretty late. I need to work on getting a bit more sleep.

VegasCoug

Awards
Days 5 & 6:

Off days

-I'm noticing that my face has been a bit oilier than normal. Test increasing?
-Alpha Male seems to be kicking in. I've caught myself getting pretty frustrated at bad drivers lately lol. Usually I don't really care.
-I feel very motivated as well. I don't like taking off days. I just wanna lift!
-Diet has been very clean since Day 1.
-Will weigh myself Monday. But just by looking in the mirror I appear a bit leaner.
-Today was an unscheduled off day. I'm moving today's workout to tomorrow.

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 7:

-ATG Squats
185x8
185x8
185x8
195x8
195x8

-SLDL
225x10
225x10
225x10
225x10

-Reverse Hypers
50x12
50x12
50x12

<Supersetted with>

-DB Shrugs
60x12
60x12
60x12

-Decline Abs
25x15
35x15
35x12

-Energy was really low at the gym today. But still managed to add some weights/reps to lifts.
-Very little rest between sets on Squats and SLDL.
-Sweated a bit more than usual.
-Noticing a little more acne. Nothing major, just a couple here and there.
-Haven't noticed an increase in libido.
-Alpha Male is starting to kick in. A little more aggression. More confident and less anxious.
-Did some hiking earlier in the day for my cardio (reason I was pretty tired).

ME UPPER tomorrow! Looking forward to increasing that bench :D

VegasCoug

Awards
Thanks guys!

It's been a rough day at work. Looking forward to taking out some of the aggression at the gym tonight :D

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 8:

-ME Bench
Warmups
210x3
235x3
215x3

-CG Chin Ups
+25x6
+25x5.5
+25x5
+25x4 + BWx3

-Military Press
135x6
135x6
135x5 (Form was much better this time)

-Pendlay Rows
155x6
175x6
175x6
185x6

-Lying Extensions
75x15
75x10
75x7 + 3 (Not really sure what happened here???)

-Standing DB Curls
35x15
40x10
40x8 + 4

-Laterals
27.5x10
27.5x9

BLUE equals any lift that increased since last Monday.

-Lots of blue! Most lifts went up since last ME Upper workout. I'm pretty impressed especially considering the lower carbs and calories I've been eating the past week.
-Vascularity was more prominent today at the gym.
-I think I wore myself out before Lying Extensions. Just couldn't get anymore reps out.
-It was a long, stressful day at work so energy was pretty low but still managed a great workout.
-Actually got a nice pump today :)

Weight: 198.5 -1 lb

FYI, I've been dosing Lean FX 1 upon waking, 1 with 3rd meal, and 1 post workout or with 5th meal on non-workout days. And 1 AX with 1st meal, 2 pre-workout and one with last meal. Or 4 spaced evenly throughout the day on non-workout days.

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 9:

Not much new to report today. DOMS are pretty bad in legs. Which surprises me since I lifted them on Sunday and take Core ABC daily. I'm hoping that won't affect today's lower body workout. I'm feeling a lot leaner in the midsection and am noticing more vascularity, even last night on my off day I could see more vains in my shoulders and arms. I'm thinking if I were bulking or following a diet with some complex carbs those vains would definitely be showing.

Looking forward to deads tonight! :D

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 10:

-ME Deadlift
Warmups
325x3
365x3
325x3

-Front Squats
135x5
155x5
175x5
185x5

-Decline Abs
+35x15
+45x12

<Supersetted with>

-Leglifts
BWx12
BWx12

-Reverse Hypers
60x12
60x12

-Cable Laterals
25x13
25x12

<Supersetted with>

-DB Shrugs
65x12
65x12

-Really good workout. Deads felt a little easier than last week even though I increased them by 10lbs.
-Energy and focus were good in the gym.
-DOMS were still present in lower body. Front squats were tough. Probably could have went a bit heavier had it not been for the DOMS.
-Need to do more cardio! I hate cardio and tend to put it off. Will try and get a few sessions in each week.

-Pre-Thanksgiving Weight: 197.7 lbs
Don't plan on completely stuffing my face today but will not be watching macros or anything. I'm considering this my cheat meal/day :D

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Will be in the gym tomorrow for some cardio and RE Upper.

VegasCoug

Awards
Thanks guys!

Haven't updated in a bit. It's been a busy weekend with Thanksgiving/family. I'll get my last couple workouts posted sometime today once I get caught up on some work.

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 11:

-Incline DB
85x8
85x8
80x8

-Widegrip Pullups
BW-40x12
BW-40x10
BW-50x10
BW-50x10

-Closegrip Bench
155x8
165x8
165x8

-Seated Rows
135x12
150x11
150x9 + 120x3

-Tri Cable Pushdowns
80x15
80x13
80x9 + 70x3

-Preacher Curls
55x13
55x10
55x10

-Cable Laterals
25x12
25x12

-Really starting to notice a strength increase. I've been upping nearly all lifts while still managing to cut a little weight.

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 12:

-ATG Squats
185x8
185x8
195x8
205x8
205x8

-SLDL
225x10
225x10
225x10
225x10

-Reverse Hypers
65x12
65x12

<Supersetted with>

-Decline Abs
45x15
45x12

<Supersetted with>

-Leg Lifts
BWx15
BWx12

-DB Shrugs
70x12
70x12

-Lotsa BLUE again! :D

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 14:

Finally caught up!

-ME Bench
Warmups
215x3
240x3
220x3

-Hammergrip Pullups
BW+25x6
BW+30x6
BW+30x5
BW+30x5

-Military Press
135x6
135x6
135x5

-Pendlay Rows
155x6
175x6
185x6
185x6

-Lying Extensions
75x15
75x12
75x9

-Standing DB Curls
35x12 <--- Forgot a couple reps haha
40x12
40x9 + 3

-DB Laterals
27.5x11
27.5x10

Weight: 198.0 lbs (-1.5 lbs)

-Weight is going down, yet lifts are going up. I'm thinking the loss of 1.5 lbs is a bit misleading. I imagine I'm gaining a bit of lean mass while shedding some fat.
-Energy and focus were good in the gym today.
-Pumps and vascularity have been good as well. Which I'm happy with seeing as I'm not eating much carbs at all.
-Upped AX to 5 pills today. We'll see how that works out for me.
-I'm really liking REDuction and Lean FX together. They give you good energy without the crash of some stimulants.

*Forgot to mention that after the past 3 workouts I've spent about 12 minutes on the treadmill each day. Just a quick walk with an incline of 11. Figured I'd add in a bit more cardio to see if I can lose a bit more fat.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
This looks like a winning stack :thumbsup:

VegasCoug

Awards
This looks like a winning stack :thumbsup:
Definitely! I'm enjoying it so far :D

I think I'll be following this cutting stack up with some more AX and add in Stoked. I've been reading a lot about this and it seems to be a pretty popular combo. I'm looking forward to bulking again and really seeing some strength gains!

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 15:

OFF DAY

Loooong day at work so thankfully it was an off day. I was pretty drained by the end of the day.

VegasCoug

Awards
Day 16:

-ME Deads
Warmups
330x3
370x3 :D
330x3

-Front Squats
135x5
165x5
165x5
185x5

-Reverse Hypers
70x10
70x10

<Supersetted with>

-Decline Abs
45x15
45x14

-Leg Lifts
BWx12
BWx12

-Another long day at work but still managed a good workout.
-Deads felt strong. Actually felt like I could have gotten up 375 or 380. Next week....
-Leg was bothering me a bit during front squats. Didn't want to push too hard. Still got 185x5 with good form.
-Vascularity is still good. It's more noticeable on off days than it used to be. Usually my upper body vascularity is only really noticeable after working upper body. But now I see it most times during the day. Impressive considering zero complex carbs (except one cheat/refuel meal per week).
-I'm feeling and looking leaner. Especially around the midsection.

Friday's workout will be pushed to tomorrow.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Nice job on the deads, man.

Any updates on your cycle?

VegasCoug

Awards
Nice job on the deads, man.

Any updates on your cycle?
Yikes, it's been a while since I've updated! There wasn't a lot of interest so I think I lost some interest in my own log haha :D

Anyways, I'll get a full update this weekend. But the last week has been good to me. I've felt a little overtrained though. The low cals and carbs are catching up to me. I have made some good increases in my lifts though. Some are still going up, some have stalled. Usually with this program I would switch exercises once I stalled but for the purpose of this log I wanted to keep them the same.

Weighed 195.7 lbs tonight :)

Anyways, full update to come this weekend!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Good stuff man.

Keep up the good work.

Are you pleased with your results thus far?

VegasCoug

Awards
Good stuff man.

Keep up the good work.

Are you pleased with your results thus far?
Definitely pleased! I know the results could have been better with a better diet. Not that I cheat a lot, just the diet I used during this cut didn't seem optimal for me. I cut some weight and kept/gained strength. Just don't seem to look much leaner. Could just be my body type, I've never been super lean.

I can't find my workout log, I'm in the process of moving so my room is a mess. But I'll give some before/after's on the key lifts...

-Bench
230x3 ----> 245x3

-Rows
175x5 ----> 185x6 (2 sets)

-Deads
355x3 ----> 375x3 (Easy...)

-Incline DBs
80x8 (2 sets) ----> 85x8 (3 sets)

-Closegrip Bench
155x8 (3 sets) ----> 165x8 (3 sets)

-ATG Squats
195x8 ----> 225x8

Bodyweight started at 199.5. Weighed 195.5 yesterday at the gym. Will get a final weight on Wednesday. I don't like weighing on Monday. It's usually the day after my carb refeed/cheat meal so I feel the weight is a bit high. I'll also get some pics up as well as a final review.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Strength goes up, weight goes down. That's the tough thing to accomplish. Nice job, man.

VegasCoug

Awards
Strength goes up, weight goes down. That's the tough thing to accomplish. Nice job, man.
Exactly, I'm happy with the results :D

Terrible workout today!! Lasted about 5 minutes. I ended AX about a week ago and decided to give the TNT stack a try. Been on it a couple days and haven't felt 'right'. Stomach has been feeling pretty bad, pain and feel bloated. It was pretty bad in the gym today. Felt like I was on the verge of puking so had to leave. Will discontinue use and see how I feel.

I did weigh myself though... 195.5 lbs. So that's a 4 lb drop in 4 weeks. Not bad! Plus strength went up. Will get some pics up when I'm not feeling so crappy and bloated :thumbsup: