AppNut: Neovar Recomped & Osteo-Sport

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    just a question...
    do you squat?
    yeah. actually i recently got my form down a little more, and was moving up nicely. but i may have irritated my sciatic nerve last week, so im avoiding anything too stressful on my lower back, deads, squats, heavy shrugs, etc.

next week ill probably try out some ligh squats. see how it feels, and go from there.

2. Day 9 and 10

still havent trained. cough seems to be going away a little bit. been eating a little more.

shoulder is really starting to feel great. becoming a little more flexible. and im increasing from a 5lb DB to 7lb DB starting monday with all my exercises, which, to me, will be heavy.

ive got high hopes for the end of my treatment. im really looking forward to starting bench and normal shoulder routines.

tmrw ill be doing some morning cardio, i hope. and maybe even some training before the big meal.

hope everyone has an amazing thanksgiving. eat big or go home!
    •   

3. Day 11 - 11/27/08

hitting up the gym for a fasted workout. ill be armed with anabolic pump which ill pop before i drive to the gym, and 4.5 scoops of LG's BC+EAA. which, from what i can smell, will be VERY tasty.

im going for a full body pump. nothing more, nothing less.

probably supersets, but basically one exercise per bodypart, 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps. trying to only take 1 min rest, but we'll see how that works out.

***UPDATE***
    Neovar Dose 1: 4 caps 20 mins post w/o with 1 cup oats and some brown sugar, and 2 scoops whey.

Neovar Dose 2: 4 caps, 15 mins later, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, ham, turkey, and a little bit of stuffing

Osteo Sport: 4 caps before my workout

workout was nice. had a really intense pump in my tris. started to hurt when i was hitting my peak contraction during rope pushdowns. leg extensions also brought an incredible pump. all in all tho, i felt worn out, kind of lethargic, and just crappy.

still getting over my cold. seems like it is starting to go away, but little by little. on the upside, ive been getting a ton of rest.

and my lower back has been killing me lately. especially everytime i cough, it jerks my body and i feel the pain in my back, possibly in the sciatic nerve on my right side. im inclined to think my bed f*ckin up my back. ive got that "groove" in my mattress, from sleeping in the same spot every time haha. reminds me of the groove that homer has in his chair.

anyways, thanksgiving was good. had two pretty generous sized plates. one in the afternoon, one in the evening. and a couple slices of pumpkin pie, one slice with plate 1, and one sice with plate 2. pretty much, i had a veryyyy successful holiday

***UPDATE***

weight was at 191.5 this morning. expected, as i havent been eating as much as i like to. but on the up side, i look a tad bit leaner then a few days ago. so weight loss isnt too bad.

alright, im out.

4. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    hitting up the gym for a fasted workout. ill be armed with anabolic pump which ill pop before i drive to the gym, and 4.5 scoops of LG's BC+EAA. which, from what i can smell, will be VERY tasty.

im going for a full body pump. nothing more, nothing less.

probably supersets, but basically one exercise per bodypart, 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps. trying to only take 1 min rest, but we'll see how that works out.

weight was at 191.5 this morning. expected, as i havent been eating as much as i like to. but on the up side, i look a tad bit leaner then a few days ago. so weight loss isnt too bad.

alright, im out.
    Full body, minimal rest and fasted on some AP, sounds like my kind of fun! Get at it and good luck!
    NSCA - CSCS

5. Day 12 - 11/28/08

black friday, didnt go shopping. went and looked at a couple cars. im in the market cuz my 95 intrepid with 170k miles finally kicked it. so if anyone has a hookup in southern california, im alllllll ears.

anyways, pretty much ate whole wheat pasta, marinara, and ground meat all day long haha. one plate with a dose of neovar. and osteo sport was dosed first thing this morning.

tmrw im hoping to get some light fasted cardio in in the morning. and maybe hitting the gym again for a pump session again. and i hope to god i finally start losing this damn cold.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    yeah. actually i recently got my form down a little more, and was moving up nicely. but i may have irritated my sciatic nerve last week, so im avoiding anything too stressful on my lower back, deads, squats, heavy shrugs, etc.

next week ill probably try out some ligh squats. see how it feels, and go from there.
    ok. your leg day looked a little strange without any squats.
    keep up the hard work bud. Looking forward to reading some more reviews about osteosport.
    SFW and GFH

7. alright. tonight marks the start of more serious updates. my cold is finally beginning to subside. and im also starting a new routine, as the westside for skinny bastards wasnt really doing it for me.

heres the layout:

day 1 chest and triceps
    day 2 back and biceps
    day 3 shoulders and calves
    day 4 legs and abs

each workout will contain a compound movement for 5-6 sets of 3-6 reps. and an isolation movement for 5-6 sets of 8-15 reps.

should be fun. each week ill probably change it up some, minus chest for a couple weeks as i can pretty much only do weighted push ups right now. and shoulders i can really only do upright rows.

update tonight. be ready!

8. Always good to switch things up.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Day 15 - 12/01/08

skipped a couple updates, nothing to report for the missed day. trained saturday night. but was just a full body pump type of workout. successful, kind of.

on to the update

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 4 caps, 15 minutes later, 2 cups brown rice, 6 oz lean ground pork, and terriyaki sauce mmm

Neovar Dose 2: 4 caps, 15 minutes later, 3 cups milks, 1 dinner roll with olive oil butter spread, and some sugar free jam.

Osteo-Sport: 4 caps empty stomach, around mid day.

Training

Chest

Weighted Push-Ups (feet on a bench, hands on dumbbells facing downward, plates loaded on back)
    BW x 15
    BW+45 x 12
    BW+70 x 5
    BW+90 x 5 (UP!)
    BW+100 x 5 (UP!)
    BW+100 x 4
    BW+90 x 5

High Cable Cross Overs (weight is for each handle)

40 x 15
    60 x 12
    80 x 12
    60 x 12
    60 x 12
    50 x 12

Triceps

Decline Skull Crushers

60 x 12
    80 x 5 -superset- 80 x 10 close grip press
    100 x 5 -superset- 100 x 6 close grip press
    100 x 4 -superset 100 x 4 close grip press
    85 x 6 -superset- 85 x 8 close grip press

Reverse Grip EZ Curl Cable Push Downs

80 x 15
    140 x 12
    180 x 12
    200 x 12
    200 x 12

Notes
    well, a nice little strength boost on my weighted push ups. i actually really enjoyed this set up last night. had a really awesome pump the whole workout, and kept it kinda fast paced, and today ive got some decent DOMS in my both my chest and tris. tri DOMS is always easy for me to get, but chest DOMS is only rewarded to me on certain occassions.

shoulder is feeling great. i feel less fatigued and less burning and discomfort during chest moves now. i am probably going to up my dose to 5 caps, to help bring about a little more relief for the next couple weeks of my physical therapy.

also, a question about osteo sport for the reps, how much cissus is in each capsule? after i finish this bottle, im probably going to pick up another bottle, but add in some extra cissus, probably the primaforce one.
  10. Day 16 - 12/02/08

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 5 caps, 20 mins later, 5 eggs, 4 oz ground beef, 3 slices whole wheat toast w/ honey

Neovar Dose 2: 5 caps, 20 mins later, 1 cup white rice, 4 oz chicken, 4 oz steak (from sansai)

Osteo-Sport: 5 caps taken at same time as Neovar Dose 1.

Training

Back

Pull Downs (grip slightly wider than shoulder width)

120 x 20
    165 x 12
    195 x 5
    225 x 5
    240 x 4
    225 x 4
    210 x 6

One Arm Dumbbell Rows

80 x 12
    100 x 12
    120 x 10

One Arm Hammer Strength Rows

3 plates x 12
    4 plates x 12
    4 plates + 25 plate x 10 (PR, not sure what prompted me to try this, but i was fired up and tore that sh*t up)

Biceps

Chin-Ups (underhand grip, slightly narrower than shoulder width, done on a fat bar of a power rack)

BW x 8
    BW x 6
    BW x 6
    grip was slipping too much, moving on...

Underhand Grip Pulldowns (slightly narrower than shoulder width)

150 x 10
    180 x 5
    195 x 5
    210 x 5
    225 x 4

DB Hammer Curls

40's x 10
    50's x 10
    60's x 8

One Arm Cable Curls (3 seconds up, 1 second at peak contraction, 2 seconds down)
    20 x 12
    40 x 12 x 4
    30 x 20

Reverse Barbell Curls (30 seconds rest, never set the bar down, suicide grip)

40 x 12 x 4

Notes

a pretty f*cking awesome workout. pump was incredible. im glad i dosed the 5 caps tonight. the pump i had in my lats, traps, bis, and forearms, was beginning to be painful towards the end of my workout. especially the cable curls. hit a PR on the hammer strength rows. got some looks at the gym, which i always find funny. im never sure if it is because im pretty animated listening to music, playing invisible drums and guitars, or because a smaller looking guy is lifting a hell of a lot more than some of the larger doods.

shoulder felt pretty good. sometimes pull downs give me trouble, but the only pain or discomfort i had was due to chest/front delt DOMS from yesterdays workout.

tmrw im going to take an off day. ill dose neovar with breakfast, and again with dinner probably. and osteo-sport will stay at 5 caps for the remainder of the log. and same with neovar. i may bump to 6 in a week or so to see what the fuss is about

11. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post

Weighted Push-Ups (feet on a bunch, hands on dumbbells facing downward, plates loaded on back)
    BW x 15
    BW+45 x 12
    BW+70 x 5
    BW+90 x 5 (UP!)
    BW+100 x 5 (UP!)
    BW+100 x 4
    BW+90 x 5
    Sounds fun and very creative!
    NSCA - CSCS

12. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Sounds fun and very creative!
    give it a try. its a sweet alternative to bench. plus the stretch at the bottom, in between the dumbbells, is intense.

and i just realized i put feet on a "bunch" haha.

13. day 16 updated. its a good one

14. update for tonights workout will come tmrw. and im starting another log for my sponsered run of LG's new BC+EAA.

see you tomorrow folks!

15. Definitely diggin the log here bud! Keep up the great work!

Cheers to ya!
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  16. Day 18 - 12/5/08

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 5 caps, 20 minutes later, half a large sweet potatoe, 8 oz chicken breast

Neovar Dose 2: 5 caps, 45 minutes later, 1 cups oats with brown sugar

Osteo-Sport: forgot to dose it! damnit!

Training

Shoulders

Dumbbell Shrugs

60's x 20
    80's x 15
    100's x 12
    120's x 12
    120's x 10
    120's x 10
    120's x 8

Barbell Upright Rows

45 x 20
    65 x 12
    95 x 5
    115 x 5
    135 x 4
    135 x 3
    115 x 4
    95 x 7

DB Front Raises

20's x 12
    30's x 12
    30's x 10
    30's x 10
    30's x 8
    20's x 15
    20's x 12

Calves

Seated Calf Raises

2 plates x 20
    4 plates x 12
    4 plates + 25lb x 12
    5 plates x 10

Seated Calf Extensions

180 x 12
    240 x 12
    280 x 12
    320 x 8 + 2 forced reps, holding at peak contraction and releasing slowing (also a PR on this machine. last week i was able to hit 8 at 300. woo!)

Notes

i think im starting to see some good strength increases from neovar. i think it was apparent with my weighted push ups, pull downs, hammer strength rows, and calves. performance is also outstanding. i like the energy and endurance i have from the extra carbs im taking in pre and post workout. and also, DOMS seems to be a little less despite fairly heavy and intense training. all in all, im about 3 weeks in almost, and im liking it a lot.

shoulder felt pretty good throughout the routine. front raises gave a little bit of discomfort, but not too much. calves felt like they were huge when i finished up the extensions. especially after the last set. was a very painful calves session. no pain no gain right?!

other than that, im definitely loving neovar. all day pumps, strength increase, size increase, leaning out a tad bit. no complaints here!

17. this is officially my 1000th post. in your face charley murphy!

18. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    Notes

i think im starting to see some good strength increases from neovar. i think it was apparent with my weighted push ups, pull downs, hammer strength rows, and calves. performance is also outstanding. i like the energy and endurance i have from the extra carbs im taking in pre and post workout. and also, DOMS seems to be a little less despite fairly heavy and intense training. all in all, im about 3 weeks in almost, and im liking it a lot.

shoulder felt pretty good throughout the routine. front raises gave a little bit of discomfort, but not too much. calves felt like they were huge when i finished up the extensions. especially after the last set. was a very painful calves session. no pain no gain right?!

other than that, im definitely loving neovar. all day pumps, strength increase, size increase, leaning out a tad bit. no complaints here!

Good to see that you're starting to notice and feel results. You're doing great so far!
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

19. Whats your appetite like? I'm on day 3 of my NeoVar and mine is going through the roof!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

20. eat up man!
    SFW and GFH

21. eat eat eat
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

22. obama and pumpkin carving FTW

ill get an update going tonight for the passed few days. had a KILLER leg and calf workout this morning. after a grueling cumulative final.

cheers.
  23. Day 21 - 12/8/08

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 5 caps, 15 minutes later, 1 large sweet potatoe with olive oil spread and 1 tbsp of brown sugar, and a chicken breast

Osteo Sport: 5 caps first thing in the morning

Jacked: 2 scoops pre workout

Anabolic Pump: 1 cap 20 mins pre w/o

BC+EAA: 4.5 scoops with 75g WMS intraworkout

Training

Legs

Squats

135 x 12
    wasnt feeing it with my back, so i moved on...

Leg Press

4 plates x 15
    6 plates x 12
    8 plates x 8
    10 plates x 6
    10 plates + 50 lbs x 5
    12 plates x 5
    8 plates x 8

Leg Extensions (1-1.5 minute rest times)

80 x 15
    115 x 12
    145 x 12
    175 x 12
    190 x 10
    "DROP SET OF DEATH"
    205 x 8
    -dop-
    145 x 7
    -drop-
    80 x 8

Lying Leg Curls
    80 x 12
    95 x 12
    110 x 10

Seated Leg Extensions

140 x 20
    200 x 12
    260 x 12
    320 x 10

Single Leg Standing Calf Raises

BW x 15
    BW x 12
    BW + 30lb DB x 12 x 2
    BW x 12 x 2

Notes

cut the workout a little short in terms of sets. on leg curls, my hamstrings were already pretty fatigued from the leg press. i cut calf extensions a little short, only because i planned on burning em out with the standing ones.

strength felt through the roof on leg extensions. that is by far the highest i have ever gone on them, and then the drop set of death....holy cow. i almost screamed like a girl. my quads felt like they were on fire. it took me a good 1 or 2 minutes to recover them, and then i had to limp across the weight room to get some water haha.

shoulder is feeling great. neovar is going great.

btw, jacked is the sh*t. honestly, more focus than i have experienced with adderall. a good pump, but i dont give credit for that to jacked.

and i used jacked and AP pre w/o, and neovar post w/o. i was itchin to use it, so i decided to give it a whirl. but neovar is back on the menu
  24. Day 26 - 12/13/2008

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 5 caps, 15 minutes later, 1 large sweet potatoe with olive oil spread and 1 tbsp of brown sugar, and a chicken breast

Osteo Sport: 5 caps first thing in the morning

Jacked: 2 scoops pre workout

Anabolic Pump: 1 cap 20 mins pre w/o

BC+EAA: 4.5 scoops with 75g WMS intraworkout

Training

Legs

Squats

135 x 12
    wasnt feeing it with my back, so i moved on...

Leg Press

4 plates x 15
    6 plates x 12
    8 plates x 8
    10 plates x 6
    10 plates + 50 lbs x 5
    12 plates x 5
    8 plates x 8

Leg Extensions (1-1.5 minute rest times)

80 x 15
    115 x 12
    145 x 12
    175 x 12
    190 x 10
    "DROP SET OF DEATH"
    205 x 8
    -dop-
    145 x 7
    -drop-
    80 x 8

Lying Leg Curls
    80 x 12
    95 x 12
    110 x 10

Seated Leg Extensions

140 x 20
    200 x 12
    260 x 12
    320 x 10

Single Leg Standing Calf Raises

BW x 15
    BW x 12
    BW + 30lb DB x 12 x 2
    BW x 12 x 2

Notes

cut the workout a little short in terms of sets. on leg curls, my hamstrings were already pretty fatigued from the leg press. i cut calf extensions a little short, only because i planned on burning em out with the standing ones.

strength felt through the roof on leg extensions. that is by far the highest i have ever gone on them, and then the drop set of death....holy cow. i almost screamed like a girl. my quads felt like they were on fire. it took me a good 1 or 2 minutes to recover them, and then i had to limp across the weight room to get some water haha.

shoulder is feeling great. neovar is going great.

btw, jacked is the sh*t. honestly, more focus than i have experienced with adderall. a good pump, but i dont give credit for that to jacked.

and i used jacked and AP pre w/o, and neovar post w/o. i was itchin to use it, so i decided to give it a whirl. but neovar is back on the menu

25. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    ...also, a question about osteo sport for the reps, how much cissus is in each capsule? after i finish this bottle, im probably going to pick up another bottle, but add in some extra cissus, probably the primaforce one.
    That's a question only Dirk can answer (Note: Why would you add MORE Cissus if OsteoSport is working for you?)

And rolandajoint, you don't need to dose the NeoVar Recomped as high as you are (not sure WHY you are, either). 3 caps per dose is ENOUGH for someone of your weight.

Other than that, log looking good.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  26. Day 28 - 12/15/08

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 5 caps, 2 cups skim milk, 1.5 scoops whey, 3/4 cup ground oats

Neovar Dose 2: 5 eggs, 1 cup oats w/ brown sugar, 2 cups skim milk.

Osteo-Sport: 4 caps post workout

Training

Chest

Weighted Push-Ups (feet elevated on bench, hands shoulder-width apart on face down dumbbells)

BW x 12
    BW+45 x 12
    BW+70 x 6
    BW+90 x 6
    BW+100 x 4
    BW+90 x 5
    BW+90 x 4

Low Cable Flyes

30 x 15
    40 x 12
    45 x 12
    50 x 10
    60 x 8
    40 x 15

Triceps

Skull Crushers

55 x 15
    65 x 12
    80 x 6
    90 x 6
    100 x 4
    100 x 4
    80 x 6

Reverse Grip EZ Bar Cable Pushdowns

100 x 12
    140 x 12
    180 x 12
    200 x 12
    200 x 10
    160 x 10
    -drop-
    120 x 8
    -drop-
    80 x 5

Notes
    awesome workout to say the least. was kind of a rushed workout because my girlfriend and i both had work right after the gym. pump was great. vascularity is increasing. pump was to the point of pain anytime i flexed.

im noticing a bit of leaning out. im still around 193 or so. so i know im definitely dropping a tiny bit of fat, despite eating a crap load of carbs. even later in the day and night.

shoulder is also feeling great. ive been starting my workouts with my therapy exercises. helps to warm it up and seems to amount to less discomfort and pain during exercises.
  27. Day 29 - 12/16/08

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 5 caps, 2 scoops whey in water, 1 cups oats w/ brown sugar

Neovar Dose 2: 5 caps, 5 eggs, 4 oz ground beef, 1 cup oats w/ brown sugar

Osteo-Sport: 4 caps post workout

Training

Back

Pull-Downs (grip slightly wider than shoulder grip)

120 x 30
    165 x 15
    195 x 12
    210 x 6
    240 x 2
    210 x 4
    195 x 6
    195 x 4

Hammer Strength Rows (arms done separately)

2 plates x 15
    3 plates x 15
    4 plates x 12
    4 plates+25 x 12 (UP!)
    5 plates x 10 (UP!)
    -30 sec rest-
    4 plates x 12
    -30 sec rest-
    3 plates x 12

Biceps

DB Hammer Curls (alternating fashion)

30's x 15
    45's x 12
    60's x 6
    70's x 5
    60's x 6
    55's x 8

One Arm Low Cable Concentration Curls (2 seconds up, 1 second squeeze, 2 seconds down)
    15 x 15
    20 x 12
    25 x 12
    25 x 12
    25 x 10
    20 x 12

Notes
    pretty intense workout. i put up the 5 plates, worked up some aggression, and pumped out the set. i noticed an ease with the first couple reps, an increase in explosive strength. both with the 4plates+25 and the 5 plates set. i can attribute this to neovar and increase in carbohydrate intake.

pump was great. my arms are finally gaining some mass, and my left arm seems to be catching up a bit in size to my right arm. ive never really done concentration curls like that either, and it caused instant DOMS. my were so sore once i got home and started to relax and eat some food.

shoulder, still feeling great. osteo sport is running low. i will probably not buy another bottle, due to lack of funds, however i think it will be a good test to see if it has helped me to heal, or just to alleviate pain.

28. lets see some progress pics dude
    SFW and GFH

29. Quote Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
    lets see some progress pics dude
    that can be arranged. ive got a whole video from the end of my mass fx run, and i began neovar a couple weeks after that. probably another week of neovar, and ill post em up.

***2 update will be coming up tonight***

30. today was my last day of neovar, and a few days ago was my last dose of osteo sport. ive got about 4 or 5 updates to add, as well as a final review. ill get it up tmrw. will probably get some progress pics too.

hope everyone had a great holiday!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Osteo Sport
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 07:17 PM