AppNut: Neovar Recomped & Osteo-Sport

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Inrto

ill try to keep this short and simply. thank you to the guys at AN for this opprotunity. this will be my first time using neovar, and my third bottle of osteo-sport. im using the neovar per the "creatine non responders" threaded started a while back.

Details

Weight: 194
Height: 5'11''
Bodyfat: 12-13% i think
Goal Lifts: (evaluations will be performed this week)
Squats Week 1: ??? Week 4: ???
Deadlifts Week 1: ??? Week 4: ???
Push-Ups: Week 1: ??? Week 4: ???

Neovar: Recomped

i will be dosing this at 3 caps, pre and post workout on training days, and a breakfast dose and dinner dose on non-training days. week 1 i plan on playing witht he carbs a little bit. going to try complex pre and post, complex pre / simple post, simple pre and post, etc etc. hopefully by the end of week 1 ill be able to tell which work the best in terms of the "food pump".

Osteo-Sport

as i said, this will be my third bottle. i won this bottle in the picture contest thread (props to tex for thinking of that one haha). i absolutely love this stuff. i will, however, be going about my rehab differently this time. i know have prescribed physical therapy that i will be starting this week for my shoulder. it will be 2 or 3 times a week.

my doctor said i have a lot of tightness in my muscles, mainly shoulder, and that due to my stiffness i am irritating the tendons, causing pain. however its only when i move above perpedicular to my body. so my doc said as long as i keep my motion in that general area, and i avoid pain, im clear to keep shoulder and chest exercises in the regimen. woooo!

Training

currently, my girlfriend and i are using defranco's "westside for skinny bastards" routine. one week done, and i like it. heres the layout.

day 1 max effort upper body
day 2 dynamic effort lower body
day 3 off
day 4 repition upper body
day 5 max effort lower body
day 6 off
day 7 off

lately, ive also been doing crossfit routines. sometimes i will substitute crossfit for dynamic lower, or on off days. tho i make sure not to compromise strength and energy for my max effort days. for example if im planning on hitting squats on day 5, i wont do a crossfit routine on day 3 or 4 which involves deads or air squats for high number of reps, both of which are common in crossfit routines.

im kinda rambling right now, so lets set this off! day 1 is tmrw.
:bruce1:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

this was an awesome product. some aspects were better than others, but for the most part i would say this is yet another solid formulation from the boys and girls at appnut. let me go into my review further by looking at specific selling points of the product.

Strength
i noticed strength increases on all of my lifts. most noticeably in my chest exercises. going from doing close to no chest movements to giving it an adequate amount of volume has allowed me to rebuild my strength. this is extremely evident as of this passed week when i tried benching with a serious amount of weight for the first time in a year or more. previously, i was able to use 225lbs for a set of 8. with my current strength assessment, i was able to use 185 for 3 sets of 8, and 3 sets of 15 at 135lbs.

also, i noticed a profound increase in my strength and explosiveness with my first 4-5 reps. this was noticebale around the 3rd or 4th week.

Mass
i saw an okay increase in my weight. about 4 or 5 pounds. id like to think it was mostly muscle, but i could be wrong. diet has definitely been way in the surplus in terms of calories.

ive noticed my arms have gotten bigger, both bis and tris, and even my forearms. ive been given comments on my back thickness. my chest does seem to be a bit thicker. shoulders have come back up a little. traps have definitely improved. legs and calves have also come up a bit. though my legs are too hairy to really notice anything haha. might have to trim em up to meaure progress.

Pump
The pump was solid everytime. ive used a couple bottles of anabolic pump, and i would probably say i had better luck with neovar. i used complex carbs for almost every dose, though i did experiment a little bit with WMS. i also tried using white rice a couple times. nothing felt different with a simple source like white rice, so i continued to use the complex sources (whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, brown rice).

some sessions i had such intense pumps it was just pure pain. but most sessions were just pure bliss. usually lasted the rest of the day. i felt full and "hard", pretty much 24/7, now that i think about it.

Body Composition
i think this is really where this product shines. probably the most notable aspect of my run, was staying somewhat lean despite the, dare i say, extreme consumption of carbs. during this run i think i was eating probably close to 300-400 carbs a day. sometimes 200 but generally much higher. these were also sometimes later at night, possibly late as 1 am for a postworkout feeding of 1 cup oats and brown sugar.

and looking at my pictures, i gained a little more fat that i had thought, but still a lot less than i had expected with this sort of diet. especially this kind of diet for 6-8 weeks.

Side Effects
no water retention. however, i did notice a couple of other negatives.

first, with all of my postworkout meals, i felt EXTREMELY bloated and just full and uncomfortable. i didnt think much of this during the log, but in retrospect, i think i felt this every single time i had my postworkout. it made eating, as sad as it makes me, kind of a chore.

second, MAJOR gas. end of story.

Conclusion
ill definitely be using this again. however i only had similar increases from strength and recovery from the creatine aspect. i would be more interested in using this faithfully as a staple as the nutritent partitioner. i felt this was more effective and more potent than anabolic pump, and i think it would be awesome for all applications, including fasted cardio and workouts. so dirk, if you read this, ill be looking forward to this aspect as a standalone. or even in bulk!

and for osteo sport, refer to this review because it is my initial thoughts on the product, and my review still stands. even a few weeks after discontinuing use, shoulder problems are still close to nonexistant.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/applied-nutriceuticals/107751-osteo-sport-review.html

Top 3 Rows - Post Mass Fx - 11/1/08 - 194 lbs (about 2 weeks prior to start of neovar)

Bottom 3 Rows - Post Neovar: Recomped - 1/5/09 - 201 lbs (about a week and a half post neovar)

Attachments

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In.

As for whether or not complex or simple give a better 'pump', depends on whether or not you've done any training and the QUANTITY of carbohydrate that you take in.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - 11/17/08

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 3 caps, 20 mins later, 9 oz tuna on 2 slices whole wheat bread.
Neovar Dose 2: 3 caps, 20 mins later, 2 scoops ATW, 50g WMS

Osteo Sport: 4 caps empty stomach, first thing in the morning.

Training

i forgot my logbook to record my numbers, but ill do my best to recall the weights, reps, sets, etc etc.

MAX EFFORT UPPER BODY

Weighted Push-Ups, Max Effort (feet elevated on box, hands on dumbbells with weight facing downward, allowing for a stretch, and plates loaded on back) <------ if you need further clarification, youre screwed haha
BW x 10
BW+25 x 8
BW+45 x 5
BW+70 x 5
BW+80 x 5

Push-Ups, Max Reps
BW x 15 (short of failure)
BW x 14 (short of failure)
BW x 14 (failure)

Seated Cable Rows, Close-Grip Handles -Superset- High Cable Face Pulls
180 x 12 -superset- 120 x 12
210 x 12 -superset- 140 x 10
195 x 12 -superset- 140 x 10
195 x 10 -superset- 120 x 10

BB Shrugs
135 x 12
225 x 12
275 x 10
225 x 10

EZ Bar Cables Curls
100 x 12
120 x 12
140 x 10
120 x 10
80 x 21 ("7"s style, lower half, upper half, full motion)

Forearms (Props to sinner for the workout. olympic bar. 10 normal wrist curls, 10 reverse wrist curls, 10 reverse curls)
did it for 2 sets, and my forearms are still burning!

Notes
had a pretty awesome workout today. might have been the neovar, might have been so stoked to be trying neovar, but had a tremendous pump. pretty much no shoulder discomfort during pushups and rows. weights felt great. usually im only hitting a few clean reps for that high weight on rows, but i only had maybe 1 or 2 momentum reps for the last couple sets.

did i mention i had a tremendous pump?! delts looked good, arms looked a bit bigger, chest was about to explode. and its always nice to have a workout partner who is also your girlfriend :D. im very happy were doing the same routine. i push her, she pushes me, its awesome. and then we eat like crazy after haha. truly a romantic couple.

i start physical therapy on wednesday. crossing my fingers to finally rehab my shoulder back to full capacity. im aching to get back to normal chest and shouler exercises! in time tho.

tmrw is dynamic effort lower body. box jumps, step ups, etc etc. should be fun.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
id like to know more about the osteo sport so im jumpin in here

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
have you used anything like animal flex to compare it to? besides cissus that is.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
have you used anything like animal flex to compare it to? besides cissus that is.
yeah i used a can of animal flex. didnt do nearly as much as osteo sport did for me. animal flex + cissus would be nice, but then youre paying more than you would for osteo sport. and its a one time dose. and youre close to my weight, so 4 caps a day for osteo sport will last you almost 6 weeks.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yeah i used a can of animal flex. didnt do nearly as much as osteo sport did for me. animal flex + cissus would be nice, but then youre paying more than you would for osteo sport. and its a one time dose. and youre close to my weight, so 4 caps a day for osteo sport will last you almost 6 weeks.
yeah im up to about 202 now but I have been considering Animal Flex because it's just a lil cheaper and contains shark cartilage and Ive heard good things about it. Well... Ive heard great things about both! so Im still on the fence about which to try.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
No one notifies me, tisk tisk tisk. I have a bottle of neovar,drive, and igf2 im waiting to whip out in the next few months.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
yeah im up to about 202 now but I have been considering Animal Flex because it's just a lil cheaper and contains shark cartilage and Ive heard good things about it. Well... Ive heard great things about both! so Im still on the fence about which to try.
IMHO, i tried a couple joint products, but they didnt have cissus. tried cissus on its own, worked wonders. tried cissus in osteo-sport, worked more wonders.

either way, i think you should give cissus a go. even if you just grab USP or primaforce cissus caps. just my $.02.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
No one notifies me, tisk tisk tisk. I have a bottle of neovar,drive, and igf2 im waiting to whip out in the next few months.
nice. ive been wanting to try igf-2 either standalone, or with a pre w/o like rpm or corezap. but when i get some extra money, i plan on running the full AN arsenal.

you lucky reps. you guys have it made.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - 11/18/08

i think ive offically got a cold. sore throat, cough, head hurts a bit. so, off day. im still going to dose neovar morning and evening.

morning will be with a couple packets of instant oatmeal.

evening will be with some sweet potatoes.

i knew i was due to get sick soon. i only get sick like once a year, but it usually takes me out for a few days or a week. bummer. hopefully resting all day will make tmrw a little better.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
well keep hydrated adn bed rests, if you ignore it it will only get worse

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
The full arsenal is wicked. Best results ever. You can win a full stack if you enter (and win) this competition: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/108441-appnut-presents-how.html
the thing is, im more of a math kinda guy.

oh and i know the full line up is wicked. at the la convention im hoping to have some serious dough to buy a nice 2 or 3 month supple of drive, rpm, and osteo sport. maybe even a bottle of igf-2. especially if the prices are as rad as they were at the olympia.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I suggest grabbing a bottle of IGF2 bud. It's good stuff.
Check out my log if you haven't popped in already.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 - 11/19/08

Dosage

Neovar Dose 1: 3 caps, 20 mins later, 2 packets of oats, approximately 45 mins pre w/o
Neovar Dose 2: 3 caps, 20 mins later, 50g WMS + 2 scoops whey

Osteo-Sport: 4 caps 15 mins before breakfast

Training
Dynamic lower body, kind of. was a very on the fly type of workout. didnt follow my routine at all, but it was still a very effective leg day.

Leg Press (feet together, mid platform, passed 90º for legs)
*weight is total, not each side
6 plates x 20
6 plates + 50 lbs x 20
8 plates x 12 -rest pause- +8 reps

Sam's Static Squats (heels on 25 lb plates, 45lb bar on back for reps ATG, then a static hold in the bottom squat positions)
*credit to volcom for this move
20 reps ---> 40 sec hold
20 reps ---> 40 sec hold
20 reps ---> 60 second hold

Seated Calf Extensions
120 x 12
180 x 12
240 x 12

Seated Calf Raises
2 plates x 20
3 plates x 12
4 plates x 10
-drop-
2 plates x 12

Lying Leg Curls
80 x 15
110 x 12
140 x 8

Notes
for the first time in a while, i had a pretty solid pump in my legs. not sure if it was from the 20 rep leg press, or the static hold squats, but my legs were like tree trunks.

i have to say, even though i have only tried 2 nutrient partitioning products (neovar and anabolic pump), i feel like neovar is so much more potent. all the doses so far make me CRAVE carbs. not quite a hypo feeling, but probably 15-20 minutes short of full on hypo. especially my post w/o dose. probably since insulin levels are leveled out and in the lower range, i feel it on a whole other level. and once the WMS starts getting in the system, feeling goes away, and i know neovar has done its job.

tmrw is repitition upper body. will be more strict on the workout. also hoping to get some morning cardio in. will probably pop an AP, do 30-40 mins light cardio on the bike or elliptical, then run home, pop my 3 caps neovar, scarf down my eggs and oats, then hit the gym again for weights with my gf.

and today i also had my first physical therapy session. showed me a round of exercises to do everyday, got a hot pack, cold pack, electro shock thingy, and some stretching. my shoulder felt great after. and osteo-sport, as usual, is keeping inflammation and discomfort to a minimum. woo!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Where in Texas are you Lifter? Houston here. Keep up the good work Roland. I think I might try a combo of super cissus rx and osteo sport. Since I really started focusing on working my legs more, my knees hurt when I walk and stuff. It hurts right on the top edge of the knee cap. Of course I am 85 yrs old.................... wait for it, wait for it......ok now that your lower jaw is back in contact with your upper jaw, I am really 41. Would that combo be ok, or is it over kill? I am also using some drive and neovar samples I got, and loving it so far. I take the drive along with rpm for my pre. Those samples sure working fine, but running out.....hint hint Lifter.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where in Texas are you Lifter? Houston here. Keep up the good work Roland. I think I might try a combo of super cissus rx and osteo sport. Since I really started focusing on working my legs more, my knees hurt when I walk and stuff. It hurts right on the top edge of the knee cap. Of course I am 85 yrs old.................... wait for it, wait for it......ok now that your lower jaw is back in contact with your upper jaw, I am really 41. Would that combo be ok, or is it over kill? I am also using some drive and neovar samples I got, and loving it so far. I take the drive along with rpm for my pre. Those samples sure working fine, but running out.....hint hint Lifter.
It should be fine. I use OsteoSport and Osteobolin-C simultaneously sometimes.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
haha. well out of school i reside in houston area, during school i am college station. As for the cissus rx and osteosport, i would say save the money and just go with osteo-sport. it should be all you need IMO. I have lots of people on it including my dad who is 49. Glad to know the samples are doing you well.

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback guys......hold on my dentures fell out......oh where was I. Yeah, I will definitely get some osteo for my knees. Do any of you guys know where I can get some rims for my hoveround? I am entering a "Trick out my hoveround" contest...ok, seriuosly, thanks for the help guys. Peace Out.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 - 11/20/08

Dosing

Neovar Dose 1: 4 caps, 20 mins later, 2 scoops whey in water, 2 packets oatmeal

Neovar Dose 2: 4 caps, 15 mins later, bowl of cereal, 2 cups skim milk

Osteo-Sport: 4 caps, first thing in the morning

Training

repitition upper body (forgot my notebook again, ill do my best remembering sets and what not)

Push-Ups (feet elevated, hands on dumbbells faced downward)
BW x 12 (warm up)
BW x 20
BW x 14
BW x 14

Close Grip Pulldowns -superset- bent over reverse db flyes

180 x 10 -superset- 30's x 10
195 x 10 -superset- 30's x 10
195 x 8 -superset- 30's x 8
195 x 8 -superset- 30's x 8

Plate Pinch Upright Rows -superset- DB swings
25 lb plate (each hand) x 12 -superset- 40 x 12
25 lb plate (each hand) x 12 -superset- 50 x 12
25 lb plate (each hand) x 10 -superset- 50 x 12

Cable Pushdowns (EZ Bar attachment, inner grip)
100 x 15
140 x 12
170 x 10
200 x 10
200 x 10

Notes
the workout was actually cut short. i was supposed to superset the pushdowns with a shrugging movement, but i feel my sciatic nerve may be a little irritated, so i opted out of those today. my shoulder also started bothering me a little bit at the end of the push downs, so i didnt do my last exercise which would have been cable reverse curls, also one of my favorite exercises :(

other than that, it was a pretty awesome workout. strength was up for the pull downs. pushups also felt a little bit smoother today, in terms of my strength and joints. got a nice little pump doing the plate pinch upright rows. im not sure if i came up with those on my own, or saw someone else do em, but they feel pretty awesome.

tmrw is max effort upper body. not quite sure what im going to do yet, as i cant do deads, and im a little nervous to do squats. i may give front squats a whirl. who knows. i also have my second physical therapy appointment tmrw.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you may want to sub the squats for hack squats or extensions.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
you may want to sub the squats for hack squats or extensions.
ill probably put both in there. i like using the hack squat with my feet at the very top of the platform to bring hams in more. and extensions are always a prime target for drop sets :twisted:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 - 11/21/08

off day. felt kinda crappy. cough and sore throat made it a pretty horrible day.

dosed osteo sport in the morning, dosed neovar once with some cereal (appetite was kinda shot).

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 - 11/22/08

Dosing

Neovar Dose 1: 4 caps, 15 mins later, 3 slices whole wheat toast with olive oil spread

Neovar Dose 2: 4 caps, 20 mins later, 1 cup oat with about 10 grams brown sugar, and 2 scoops of whey in a shake.

Osteo-Sport: 4 caps about 2 hours after first meal.

Training

max effort lower body

Leg Press (weight is total, including both sides)

4 plates x 20
6 plates x 12
8 plates x 5
10 plates x 5
12 plates x 5

Leg Extensions

100 x 12
130 x 12
160 x 12
175 x 8
175 x 8
160 x 10
-drop-
100 x 8
-drop-
55 x 7

DB Stiff Leg Deadlift

45's x 12
65's x 12
80's x 12
100's x 12

Seated Calf Extensions

120 x 20
180 x 12
240 x 12
280 x 10 (PR!)

ab session:
leg raises 4 sets of 10
crunches 20, 14, 12, 12
stomach vacuums 5 20 second hold with 20 seconds rest in between

Notes

awesome workout. had a mad pump in my quads the whole workout. and they were burning after the drop set for a good 20-30 seconds. im really enjoying the neovar with these pumps. its something ive noticed throughout the week, ive had an intense and lasting pump each workout. kinda realized it tonight.

im liking the 4 cap dosage. complex carbs seem to be working well. im going to try WMS pre and post w/o. tho i may have to grab some more to do this, as i think i only have one more 50g serving left. maybe ill use dextrose instead, or powder gatorade. either way, im going to use simple carbs pre and post.

and props to my girlfriend tonight. while hitting leg press, she had 6 plates + 50 lbs loaded, and apparently some dood walked by, looked at the weight, and kinda shook his head, thinking "this broad cant do this". she then proceded to complete the lift, and i noticed the guy just kinda looking in our direction for a good 20-30 seconds after she finished. so f*ck you douche bag! haha

its so fun doing a routine with your girlfriend. seeing her push herself more and more. quite awesome. and i know shell be reading this. as she recently signed up :D

im out. my sister is coming home for thanksgiving, so i gotta pick her up from the airport. EXTREMELY stoked about hanging with her all week. ill even be playing trainer and nutritionist all week, as she needs to lose some weight, and she asked me to get her ass in gear. tmrw is off, ill dose neovar with oats or toast in the morning, and pasta with my italian family at night.

tmrw is going to be a good day :D

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 and 8.

no training, sh*tty diet (good food, just not enough), feel like crap still, a cough that wont go away.

hopefully i catch a break like tmrw.

osteo sport dose hasnt changed. neovar has only been once a day.

got a project to do for monday, a midterm for wednesday, and a food holiday thursday. i just hope im feeling better so i can enjoy all of that.

i also will be starting to use LG Sciences new BC+EAA. i only use bcaas on training days, and normally i have XTEND, but ran out, and got chosen to try this stuff out. ill be drinking it intra-workout.

other than that, i got nothing. hoping for a better day tmrw.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
just a question...
do you squat?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
just a question...
do you squat?
yeah. actually i recently got my form down a little more, and was moving up nicely. but i may have irritated my sciatic nerve last week, so im avoiding anything too stressful on my lower back, deads, squats, heavy shrugs, etc.

next week ill probably try out some ligh squats. see how it feels, and go from there.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 and 10

still havent trained. cough seems to be going away a little bit. been eating a little more.

shoulder is really starting to feel great. becoming a little more flexible. and im increasing from a 5lb DB to 7lb DB starting monday with all my exercises, which, to me, will be heavy.

ive got high hopes for the end of my treatment. im really looking forward to starting bench and normal shoulder routines.

tmrw ill be doing some morning cardio, i hope. and maybe even some training before the big meal.

hope everyone has an amazing thanksgiving. eat big or go home!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 - 11/27/08

hitting up the gym for a fasted workout. ill be armed with anabolic pump which ill pop before i drive to the gym, and 4.5 scoops of LG's BC+EAA. which, from what i can smell, will be VERY tasty.

im going for a full body pump. nothing more, nothing less.

probably supersets, but basically one exercise per bodypart, 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps. trying to only take 1 min rest, but we'll see how that works out.

***UPDATE***
Neovar Dose 1: 4 caps 20 mins post w/o with 1 cup oats and some brown sugar, and 2 scoops whey.

Neovar Dose 2: 4 caps, 15 mins later, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, ham, turkey, and a little bit of stuffing

Osteo Sport: 4 caps before my workout

workout was nice. had a really intense pump in my tris. started to hurt when i was hitting my peak contraction during rope pushdowns. leg extensions also brought an incredible pump. all in all tho, i felt worn out, kind of lethargic, and just crappy.

still getting over my cold. seems like it is starting to go away, but little by little. on the upside, ive been getting a ton of rest.

and my lower back has been killing me lately. especially everytime i cough, it jerks my body and i feel the pain in my back, possibly in the sciatic nerve on my right side. im inclined to think my bed f*ckin up my back. ive got that "groove" in my mattress, from sleeping in the same spot every time haha. reminds me of the groove that homer has in his chair.

anyways, thanksgiving was good. had two pretty generous sized plates. one in the afternoon, one in the evening. and a couple slices of pumpkin pie, one slice with plate 1, and one sice with plate 2. pretty much, i had a veryyyy successful holiday :D

***UPDATE***

weight was at 191.5 this morning. expected, as i havent been eating as much as i like to. but on the up side, i look a tad bit leaner then a few days ago. so weight loss isnt too bad.

alright, im out.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hitting up the gym for a fasted workout. ill be armed with anabolic pump which ill pop before i drive to the gym, and 4.5 scoops of LG's BC+EAA. which, from what i can smell, will be VERY tasty.

im going for a full body pump. nothing more, nothing less.

probably supersets, but basically one exercise per bodypart, 4-5 sets of 8-12 reps. trying to only take 1 min rest, but we'll see how that works out.

weight was at 191.5 this morning. expected, as i havent been eating as much as i like to. but on the up side, i look a tad bit leaner then a few days ago. so weight loss isnt too bad.

alright, im out.
Full body, minimal rest and fasted on some AP, sounds like my kind of fun! Get at it and good luck!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 12 - 11/28/08

black friday, didnt go shopping. went and looked at a couple cars. im in the market cuz my 95 intrepid with 170k miles finally kicked it. so if anyone has a hookup in southern california, im alllllll ears.

anyways, pretty much ate whole wheat pasta, marinara, and ground meat all day long haha. one plate with a dose of neovar. and osteo sport was dosed first thing this morning.

tmrw im hoping to get some light fasted cardio in in the morning. and maybe hitting the gym again for a pump session again. and i hope to god i finally start losing this damn cold.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yeah. actually i recently got my form down a little more, and was moving up nicely. but i may have irritated my sciatic nerve last week, so im avoiding anything too stressful on my lower back, deads, squats, heavy shrugs, etc.

next week ill probably try out some ligh squats. see how it feels, and go from there.
ok. your leg day looked a little strange without any squats.
keep up the hard work bud. Looking forward to reading some more reviews about osteosport.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
alright. tonight marks the start of more serious updates. my cold is finally beginning to subside. and im also starting a new routine, as the westside for skinny bastards wasnt really doing it for me.

heres the layout:

day 1 chest and triceps
day 2 back and biceps
day 3 shoulders and calves
day 4 legs and abs

each workout will contain a compound movement for 5-6 sets of 3-6 reps. and an isolation movement for 5-6 sets of 8-15 reps.

should be fun. each week ill probably change it up some, minus chest for a couple weeks as i can pretty much only do weighted push ups right now. and shoulders i can really only do upright rows.

update tonight. be ready!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 - 12/01/08

skipped a couple updates, nothing to report for the missed day. trained saturday night. but was just a full body pump type of workout. successful, kind of.

on to the update

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 4 caps, 15 minutes later, 2 cups brown rice, 6 oz lean ground pork, and terriyaki sauce mmm

Neovar Dose 2: 4 caps, 15 minutes later, 3 cups milks, 1 dinner roll with olive oil butter spread, and some sugar free jam.

Osteo-Sport: 4 caps empty stomach, around mid day.

Training

Chest

Weighted Push-Ups (feet on a bench, hands on dumbbells facing downward, plates loaded on back)
BW x 15
BW+45 x 12
BW+70 x 5
BW+90 x 5 (UP!)
BW+100 x 5 (UP!)
BW+100 x 4
BW+90 x 5

High Cable Cross Overs (weight is for each handle)

40 x 15
60 x 12
80 x 12
60 x 12
60 x 12
50 x 12

Triceps

Decline Skull Crushers

60 x 12
80 x 5 -superset- 80 x 10 close grip press
100 x 5 -superset- 100 x 6 close grip press
100 x 4 -superset 100 x 4 close grip press
85 x 6 -superset- 85 x 8 close grip press

Reverse Grip EZ Curl Cable Push Downs

80 x 15
140 x 12
180 x 12
200 x 12
200 x 12

Notes
well, a nice little strength boost on my weighted push ups. i actually really enjoyed this set up last night. had a really awesome pump the whole workout, and kept it kinda fast paced, and today ive got some decent DOMS in my both my chest and tris. tri DOMS is always easy for me to get, but chest DOMS is only rewarded to me on certain occassions.

shoulder is feeling great. i feel less fatigued and less burning and discomfort during chest moves now. i am probably going to up my dose to 5 caps, to help bring about a little more relief for the next couple weeks of my physical therapy.

also, a question about osteo sport for the reps, how much cissus is in each capsule? after i finish this bottle, im probably going to pick up another bottle, but add in some extra cissus, probably the primaforce one.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 16 - 12/02/08

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 5 caps, 20 mins later, 5 eggs, 4 oz ground beef, 3 slices whole wheat toast w/ honey

Neovar Dose 2: 5 caps, 20 mins later, 1 cup white rice, 4 oz chicken, 4 oz steak (from sansai)

Osteo-Sport: 5 caps taken at same time as Neovar Dose 1.

Training

Back

Pull Downs (grip slightly wider than shoulder width)

120 x 20
165 x 12
195 x 5
225 x 5
240 x 4
225 x 4
210 x 6

One Arm Dumbbell Rows

80 x 12
100 x 12
120 x 10

One Arm Hammer Strength Rows

3 plates x 12
4 plates x 12
4 plates + 25 plate x 10 (PR, not sure what prompted me to try this, but i was fired up and tore that sh*t up)

Biceps

Chin-Ups (underhand grip, slightly narrower than shoulder width, done on a fat bar of a power rack)

BW x 8
BW x 6
BW x 6
grip was slipping too much, moving on...

Underhand Grip Pulldowns (slightly narrower than shoulder width)

150 x 10
180 x 5
195 x 5
210 x 5
225 x 4

DB Hammer Curls

40's x 10
50's x 10
60's x 8

One Arm Cable Curls (3 seconds up, 1 second at peak contraction, 2 seconds down)
20 x 12
40 x 12 x 4
30 x 20

Reverse Barbell Curls (30 seconds rest, never set the bar down, suicide grip)

40 x 12 x 4

Notes

a pretty f*cking awesome workout. pump was incredible. im glad i dosed the 5 caps tonight. the pump i had in my lats, traps, bis, and forearms, was beginning to be painful towards the end of my workout. especially the cable curls. hit a PR on the hammer strength rows. got some looks at the gym, which i always find funny. im never sure if it is because im pretty animated listening to music, playing invisible drums and guitars, or because a smaller looking guy is lifting a hell of a lot more than some of the larger doods.

shoulder felt pretty good. sometimes pull downs give me trouble, but the only pain or discomfort i had was due to chest/front delt DOMS from yesterdays workout.

tmrw im going to take an off day. ill dose neovar with breakfast, and again with dinner probably. and osteo-sport will stay at 5 caps for the remainder of the log. and same with neovar. i may bump to 6 in a week or so to see what the fuss is about :D

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Weighted Push-Ups (feet on a bunch, hands on dumbbells facing downward, plates loaded on back)
BW x 15
BW+45 x 12
BW+70 x 5
BW+90 x 5 (UP!)
BW+100 x 5 (UP!)
BW+100 x 4
BW+90 x 5
Sounds fun and very creative!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Sounds fun and very creative!
give it a try. its a sweet alternative to bench. plus the stretch at the bottom, in between the dumbbells, is intense.

and i just realized i put feet on a "bunch" haha.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
update for tonights workout will come tmrw. and im starting another log for my sponsered run of LG's new BC+EAA.

see you tomorrow folks!

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Definitely diggin the log here bud! Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Cheers to ya!:cheers:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 - 12/5/08

Supplements

Neovar Dose 1: 5 caps, 20 minutes later, half a large sweet potatoe, 8 oz chicken breast

Neovar Dose 2: 5 caps, 45 minutes later, 1 cups oats with brown sugar

Osteo-Sport: forgot to dose it! damnit!

Training

Shoulders

Dumbbell Shrugs

60's x 20
80's x 15
100's x 12
120's x 12
120's x 10
120's x 10
120's x 8

Barbell Upright Rows

45 x 20
65 x 12
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 4
135 x 3
115 x 4
95 x 7

DB Front Raises

20's x 12
30's x 12
30's x 10
30's x 10
30's x 8
20's x 15
20's x 12

Calves

Seated Calf Raises

2 plates x 20
4 plates x 12
4 plates + 25lb x 12
5 plates x 10

Seated Calf Extensions

180 x 12
240 x 12
280 x 12
320 x 8 + 2 forced reps, holding at peak contraction and releasing slowing (also a PR on this machine. last week i was able to hit 8 at 300. woo!)

Notes

i think im starting to see some good strength increases from neovar. i think it was apparent with my weighted push ups, pull downs, hammer strength rows, and calves. performance is also outstanding. i like the energy and endurance i have from the extra carbs im taking in pre and post workout. and also, DOMS seems to be a little less despite fairly heavy and intense training. all in all, im about 3 weeks in almost, and im liking it a lot.

shoulder felt pretty good throughout the routine. front raises gave a little bit of discomfort, but not too much. calves felt like they were huge when i finished up the extensions. especially after the last set. was a very painful calves session. no pain no gain right?!

other than that, im definitely loving neovar. all day pumps, strength increase, size increase, leaning out a tad bit. no complaints here!

:D

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
this is officially my 1000th post. in your face charley murphy!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Notes

i think im starting to see some good strength increases from neovar. i think it was apparent with my weighted push ups, pull downs, hammer strength rows, and calves. performance is also outstanding. i like the energy and endurance i have from the extra carbs im taking in pre and post workout. and also, DOMS seems to be a little less despite fairly heavy and intense training. all in all, im about 3 weeks in almost, and im liking it a lot.

shoulder felt pretty good throughout the routine. front raises gave a little bit of discomfort, but not too much. calves felt like they were huge when i finished up the extensions. especially after the last set. was a very painful calves session. no pain no gain right?!

other than that, im definitely loving neovar. all day pumps, strength increase, size increase, leaning out a tad bit. no complaints here!

:D
Good to see that you're starting to notice and feel results. You're doing great so far! :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Whats your appetite like? I'm on day 3 of my NeoVar and mine is going through the roof!