LG Lipotropic Protein - Vanilla

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I've used the chocolate before and really enjoyed it. I would really like to see the peanut butter flavor make it to production because I'm a pb addict and think this gemma protein would lend itself well to that flavor. anyways, one thing I find with most vanilla flavors is the lack of flavor. The vanilla flavor in LG's is very noticable and tasty. You still get the texture and slight veggie taste if you will of the protein, but its just as good as the chocolate. I think I prefer the chocolate, but its really a toss up as they are both extremely good. I would highly recommend any of the two flavors of LG's protein. My favorite part is the instant mixing with ZERO clumps. It completely dissolves into milk or water. Good work LG, can't wait to try the BCAA/EAA mix next.

Oh, and get that PB flavor in high gear!! I'm highly anticipating its release!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the review bro! Eric said it was good and like I said in my other post im not a real vanilla type person because, like you said it lacks a real taste. I made a pwo shake with this vanilla and was very impressed.

I know eric said its been hard tryin to get a true PB tasting protein to work but im sure he's working diligently on it!

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice, but can you give numbers 1 to 10

taste,mixabilty,ect.

how does it compare to ON Whey or even Musclemilk

ari4216

ari4216

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i heard gemma protein has a Pea(vegetable) aftertaste,this true with lipo?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Nice, but can you give numbers 1 to 10

taste,mixabilty,ect.

how does it compare to ON Whey or even Musclemilk

You can't really compare Gemma to Whey honestly. They have two different textures. I will say this though. There really is not much if any of an aftertaste. The texture is the most notable difference. Mixability on a scale of 1-10, would be a 20. Literally mixes instantly in a glass with a spoon. Absolutely no need for a shaker with this. Taste, I would give a 9. Again, there is always room for improvement. This will be my third tub of Lipotropic protein. First time vanilla though. I really love this stuff and the price is great. I bought a tub of ATW Cupcake Batter and I just wanted to finish it off to get back to LG's protein. Its now my protein of choice.

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review man! Glad you liked it! I'll be sipping on some next week when mine arrives :)

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I too find this to be one of the tastier vanillas around, thanks for your feedback!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Can you describe the texture?
Hmmm. Difficult to do really, but I will try. Its does not affect the thickness of the shake, but there is somewhat of a "powdery" maybe texture. I can't think of a better way to describe it. Have you ever eaten dehydrated peas, maybe wasabi peas? If you have, do you know the texture that the peas become when chewed? Its kind of a powdery like texture. I guess if you can correlate that texture diluted, would be the best way to describe it. If you order and you don't like it, I will buy it from you for a slighly discounted price.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. Difficult to do really, but I will try. Its does not affect the thickness of the shake, but there is somewhat of a "powdery" maybe texture. I can't think of a better way to describe it. Have you ever eaten dehydrated peas, maybe wasabi peas? If you have, do you know the texture that the peas become when chewed? Its kind of a powdery like texture. I guess if you can correlate that texture diluted, would be the best way to describe it. If you order and you don't like it, I will buy it from you for a slighly discounted price.
Thanks man.. iimma give it a try..

Honestly when it comes to liquid i can choke anything down, so either way ill be good. Which is weird, because with food and chewing, certain textures make me gag...lol

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Hmm...how did you mix this? and what with? Honestly I mixed up some of the Vanilla last night (have yet to try the chocolate) it mixed well, but all protein does for me as I use a hand held electric mixer for any powdered supplements so I really cant rate the mix ability.

I usually order from TP, and the biggest noticeable difference is that this stuff was THICK! and I even mixed it with water! and well, the taste really reminded me of raw uncooked dough (and no, not cookie dough...MMM) I didn't want to post up a review untill i tired it a few more times as I figured I mixed it in the wrong ratios or some thing with all the good reviews?

I'll post up when I get a chance to try out the chocolate, but even if the taste isn't great, the price I paid, mixed with the nutrient profile still leaves me a happy customer, dont get me wrong it taste much better than the Micelular Casein I have, but I wouldn't say better than the ATW flavors, or TP flavors I have tried.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How is taste with water? Milk is obviously better and water mixes are usually thin and disappointing.

???

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
How is taste with water? Milk is obviously better and water mixes are usually thin and disappointing.

???
I mix all my proteins with water, I don't like them to be too thick, for the last few weeks I've been using a 1:1 mix of TP's normal chocolate, and premium banans n' cream (the cold-filtration Isolate, is what I've bought for the last 2-3 years, I just switch up the flavors). Maybe I have grown to like that consistency because the LG protein was way too thick for me, and the taste wasn't as everyone else seems to be describing, maybe I'm just weird!?!?!?

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Months back when I first tried LG's Protein the first 2-5 shakes didn't sell me, but after about a week you adjust your tastebuds to gemma. I really love the stuff. I mix mine usually with about 10 oz of milk and its not thick at all.

StrongerNow

StrongerNow

Awards
I can't get past the overpowering sweetness in the chocolate flavor! No matter what I've tried. Any suggestions?