Osteo-Sport Log (sponsored)

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Osteo-Sport Log (sponsored)

Texaslifter89 was generous enough to allow me to run a log for AN's new product Osteo-Sport. This will be an incredibly useful log for this product as I am an athlete and will be able to test its ability to reduce joint inflammation and promote recovery. I play College football and am a tight end. I specifically wanted to use this product because I have been relying on three ibuprofen a day just to get through a practice. My shins and angle joints are so stiff and painful when i get out of bed in the morning i have a tuff time walking barefoot. My left knee has also had a lot of swelling this year and really takes a pounding when swicthing practice surfaces.
    The injuries that have plagued me the most though this year are a hamstring I tore last year, bicep tendonitous in my left shoulder and impingment in my right shoulder. Unfurtunatly last week i damaged my right good hamstring up real high in my butt. I played through the week and played on saturday, but its been killing me. I missed all week of practice so far and its still hurting pretty bad now.
    Im hoping this product will be sucessful in helping with my hamstring pull, ankles and shoulders. I will be taking the osteo sport split into two doses, one of three and one of two. I will try and log every day and let you guys know how my ankle mobility, hamstring and shoulders feel. Any questions or comments please feel free to ask

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Day 1

Today was a non lifting day

11:00 hamstring treatment- Heat ultrasound- Light strethcing
    Then ice

12:00 Lunch and 3 osteo sport

3:00 Ice

5:00 Ice

7:00 Dinner and two osteo sport

I took it today with food, should i do that in the future for optimal results??
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

hey man im in! Try getting some EFA to go along with it as well as good sources of high protein.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

yeah i took the first one with a protein shake and lunch. My dinner is always high in protein: cottage cheese, egg whites, chicken, refried beens....yum! Should i add flaxseed oil with it when i take it? I have a ton actaully lieing around..
  5. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pavb10 View Post
    Day 1

Today was a non lifting day

11:00 hamstring treatment- Heat ultrasound- Light strethcing
    Then ice

12:00 Lunch and 3 osteo sport

3:00 Ice

5:00 Ice

7:00 Dinner and two osteo sport

I took it today with food, should i do that in the future for optimal results??
    Watching.

With OsteoSport, you actually only need to dose ONCE daily, first thing in the morning. And yeah, on an empty stomach. I would recommend that you try dosing 5 caps first thing for the first week, and see how that goes.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

BTW, tommorw is a big chest workout day, seven sets of bench and some dips. Lets see if the pain in my left shoulder for three years is still there.. Its only been one day, wow my expectations are high!!!!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

arite i guess ill try five first thing tommorw morn with some flaxseed before my egg whites on bagel and special K..
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Day 2

Morning: 5 osteo sport and flaxseed

11:00 Ultra sound and biking

8:00 Chest workout 225.7 lbs
    Barbell Bench 135-13 185-10 225-8 225-5 215-5 205-7 175-8 155-7
    Machine Ab twist 70-15 90-15 110-15
    Dips 9, 5, 5
    Flat Db Flys 30-15 35-15 40-10
    Crucnhes 3-60
    Standing kick backs 20-15 25-15 30-15
    Tight Push Ups 15 10

Obvioulsy my numbers and weight are down a lot but the workout was pretty good. The hammy is much better but probably has nothing to do with the osteo sport. My ankle still hurts as much as ever and both my shoulders got inflamed as they normally would while benching.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I was pretty sore this morning but happy because i got all my new supplements in
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Day 3

7:00
    Took the osteosport again in the morning with the flaxseed.

Today i didnt have a whole lot of time so i really couldnt go to the trainer for ultrasound. I did however go on the bike for ten minutes and then strecth. The stiffness in my pulled hamstring is going away and getting better but is no where no near 100%. I will not be suiting up tommorow, but hopefully i can get to jogging by monday maybe..... lets cross our fingers!!!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Day 4

Im going to continue to take 5 caps of osteo sport and flax seed oil through out the rest of the log in the morning on an empty stomache.

Biked today and strecthed. My hammy is starting to feel better but still pain in the high region of the hammy up into my buttocks. My right ankle is still real stiff and no significant changes there or in either one of my shoulders.

I did however lift biceps tonite after sitting out of football and the workout was pretty sick. I took no-xplode for teh first time and i had an awesome workout aside from the nassuea that soon followed. I assume it to be from the caffeine. My shoulders didnt really bother me today while doing biceps which was good and maybe some improvement....
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Day 5

This morning i took my normal dose and then went to the trainer. I went on the bike for five minutes and then ran on the treadmill for the first time after the injury. I ran for 20 minutes at 5.7mph which is incredibly slow and painful to my self esteem. The hammy was a little tight while running and i streched afterword and iced.

The hammy is feeling like absolute crap now though and im hoping that i didnt over do it and reaggravate it. Hopefully it feels better tommorow. The pain in my left knee has been going away recently. Maybe as a result of the osteo sport or as a result of not practicng live for a couple days.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Day 6

Same dose as usual.

11:00 Treatment: more eccentric exercises, heating ultrasound and stretching

4:00 Bike 5 minutes Jog on treadmill ten minutes at 6.6 ( very slow)

The hammy is getting better but the inflammation in my knee, ankle and shoulders is still exactly the same. No dramatic changes thus far.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Day 7

Normal dose with flax

11:00 Treatment: heat and progressing with strecthes and excercises

4:00 Today i took it on the track and did two warm up laps in 4:05 and then began to do some dynamic strecthes. I then proceeded to start running and changing directions by snaking and running S's along the track. This was a little uncomforatble as were a couple of the dynamic strecthes. I cooled down with tow laps in 4:01...

The hammy didnt feel so good while doing some of the excercises and im really hoping i didnt overdue it today. Its real sore now and ive been icing it. My knee really bothered me this morning while warming up with lunges so i dont think the osteo sport has kicked in yet....
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Ok, so i was going to type up my log for the last couple days but those days were absolutely trivial to today.....

11:00 Trainer strecthing stim excercises

Felt much better today than yesterday

4:00 Ran half mile (3:47)
    Dynamic Excercises
    Change of direction drills (not good, hammy felt weak)
    Half Mile (3:29)

8:40 Chest workout
    Incline
    Db Flat press
    Dips
    Dec Flys

Arite so here is why today was awesome. For the last two years i havent incline benched because of my left shoulder tendonitous. In the last month i started doing it and still got uncomfortable pain. I ussually always get pain when working chest and bis in my left shoulder. Today i got through all 8 sets of incline (high rep workout) and then i though to myself "somethings missing." In an instant i realized the pain in my shoulder that ive had for the last two years wasnt there!!!!!!! It didnt come all workout and i had one of the best workouts ever....

My hammy has been healing day by day but i think that is just normal, maybe not but the shoulder pain being gone isnt normal. I think the osteo sport is magic and this theory will be confirmed if there no pain next chest workout.

The only question i have is that im being drug tested nest saturday. Is everything in osteo sport ncaa legal?????
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

very nice! this is a normal trend with osteo sport. great job man and glad to hear it is working...Ill be watching and helping that this is your thing! good luck man. slow but steady recovery is what its about!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

dude i am absolutely amazed by this. I was very skeptical at first. Awesome product so far... Whats the deal on it with drug testing? will it screw me up? Coach said they need me for next week for playoffs so im gonna rush the recovery a bit. And im gonna be tested..
  18. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

dude i am absolutely amazed by this. I was very skeptical at first. Awesome product so far... Whats the deal on it with drug testing? will it screw me up? Coach said they need me for next week for playoffs so im gonna rush the recovery a bit. And im gonna be tested..
    Great stuff about your training and lack of pain!

As for drug testing, you should be fine. There is nothing in ANY of the AN products that is on the 'banned' list.

Note: I should mention that NCAA drug testing (something I found very interesting; it was actually brought up in one of Austin's logs) is NOT in line with/the same as WADA (which is what the Olympics and most international championships, etc. adhere to re guidelines of banned substances), and some of the stuff that IS legal in WADA is considered ILlegal in the NCAA (American college sport is weird).

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Great stuff about your training and lack of pain!

As for drug testing, you should be fine. There is nothing in ANY of the AN products that is on the 'banned' list.

Note: I should mention that NCAA drug testing (something I found very interesting; it was actually brought up in one of Austin's logs) is NOT in line with/the same as WADA (which is what the Olympics and most international championships, etc. adhere to re guidelines of banned substances), and some of the stuff that IS legal in WADA is considered ILlegal in the NCAA (American college sport is weird).
    Yup Yup, a problem i ran into with a product.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

glad to see its living up to the expectations man.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Guejsn has got me kinda concerned... The ncaa is very strict with drug testing and a simple thing like drinking a red bull or having muscle milk will make you fail.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Guejsn has got me kinda concerned... The ncaa is very strict with drug testing and a simple thing like drinking a red bull or having muscle milk will make you fail.
    I have never heard or a reb bull making someone fail? however i have had cases of protein making someone fail.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

synephrine and caffeine are actually banned substances. Only a tiny bit, 15 nanograms per mL is allowed in urine. Im currently taking scivation protein. Should i stop taking it? and what about the osteo sport?
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Answers

yeah i know gurana caffine is banned. look up about the scivation protein see if it clears...i think you should be ok though? i never failed any i had to take while on protein. You may want to look up the osteosport ingredients to make sure though
  25. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Didn't mean to 'scare' you, bud. But yeah, American college sports have some funny rules (not sure why they just don't go with the recognised international code of banned substances).

Caffeine is a banned substance? I know that a few years ago, over certain amounts it was, but now, in WADA it is no longer considered 'illegal'.

I know that OsteoSport is fine by WADA, but yeah, like Austin said, you would have to go to your drug testing organization and ask re ingredients in anything you're using, to see if it would pass.

26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

no its cool, its just if you fail a drug test you lose eligibility for the entire following year. Thats a big scare. I talked to our athletic trainer last nite about osteo sport and he said that for whatever reason glucosamine can give a false positive and further tests would need to be done and it would be a real mess.

Ive decided to stoptaking the osteo sport for as long as were in the playoff (1-5 weeks) and starting back up with the rest of the bottle in the offseason. Im going to make the log a little more interesting by supplementing cissus when the osteo sport is finished. The pain in my left shoulder didnt reoccur last nite when i did biceps so im fairly certain that this product does what it says on the bottle. Im going to take the cissus following the osteo sport though to see how regular cissus compares to osteo sport and whether or not my pain returns while on plain cissus

Product Grade Thus Far 4 out of 5 stars

-The only reason i only gave it four stars is because of the price but the results are far beyond five stars. It really worked in alleviating pain and inflamation that ibuprofen couldnt help with at all.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

sucks man. well now you know what works, and you can use it during the off season and take even more time to rehab those parts. what school do you play for? D1?
  28. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

no its cool, its just if you fail a drug test you lose eligibility for the entire following year. Thats a big scare. I talked to our athletic trainer last nite about osteo sport and he said that for whatever reason glucosamine can give a false positive and further tests would need to be done and it would be a real mess.

Ive decided to stoptaking the osteo sport for as long as were in the playoff (1-5 weeks) and starting back up with the rest of the bottle in the offseason. Im going to make the log a little more interesting by supplementing cissus when the osteo sport is finished. The pain in my left shoulder didnt reoccur last nite when i did biceps so im fairly certain that this product does what it says on the bottle. Im going to take the cissus following the osteo sport though to see how regular cissus compares to osteo sport and whether or not my pain returns while on plain cissus

Product Grade Thus Far 4 out of 5 stars

-The only reason i only gave it four stars is because of the price but the results are far beyond five stars. It really worked in alleviating pain and inflamation that ibuprofen couldnt help with at all.
    Yeah, that sucks (and is off). Anyways...

If you want a joint support to get through the next few weeks, you could always try Osteobolin-C. It's just Cissus and Vitamin C, but does correctly alleviates joint pains, and is cheaper. It worked for me (although, given the choice, would use OsteoSport, because it only needs to be dosed once and has more in it to help joints).

29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

nah i wish i had knew more about supplements and lifting in high school. I play d-3 ball for muhlenberg. We got upset today from being #3 in the country and now were heading into the playoffs as a low seed. Im gonna try to make a comeback this week from my hamstring injury...
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

hey so i never really got to run this through the entire way but i just finished the bottle 6 days ago. All my pain in my shoulder was gone while taking osteo sport and now its all back and killing me again. This product is awesome, i just wish it wasnt as expensive. Its awesome though....
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  200 lbs.
    Answers

So would you say that the pain has returned with the same intensity or do you feel that this product has heped heal some of your injuries?

I have impingement problem in my right shoulder and want something to help heal it, i'm not looking for pain relief as much as injury recovery.

thanks
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

yeah the pain is back 100 percent. It was completly gone for the month but thats it
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Answers

yeah the pain is back 100 percent. It was completly gone for the month but thats it
    any type of joint product MUST be used with some type of physical therapy. ive been using it with physical therapy and im nearly 75% back to normal. still a little bit of discomfort. before the physical therapy, results began to slow down.
  34. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

hey so i never really got to run this through the entire way but i just finished the bottle 6 days ago. All my pain in my shoulder was gone while taking osteo sport and now its all back and killing me again. This product is awesome, i just wish it wasnt as expensive. Its awesome though....
    Glad you loved OsteoSport.

I would suggest that you keep up with your rehabilitation; that SHOULD be helping return you to pre-injury status! It's NOT a fast process, though, especially for hamstring injuries.

Head up!

35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

hey so im in need of some help...while on osteo sport i made some crazy gains and always had great lifts. Mostly because the pain in my left shoulder was gone. Its now back 100 percent and feels like someone has a bike pump attached to my shoulder. theres no structural damage but just constant inflamation. what in osteo sport got rid of the inflamation? I really need to get rid of it and was wondering if i should buy another bottle or just get cissus powder or something?
  36. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

hey so im in need of some help...while on osteo sport i made some crazy gains and always had great lifts. Mostly because the pain in my left shoulder was gone. Its now back 100 percent and feels like someone has a bike pump attached to my shoulder. theres no structural damage but just constant inflamation. what in osteo sport got rid of the inflamation? I really need to get rid of it and was wondering if i should buy another bottle or just get cissus powder or something?
    There are many thing in OsteoSport that would have helped, the Cissus and Hyaluronic Acid included. You could get another bottle (recommended), or get some Cissus powder (won't have all the other ingredients that sets OsteoSport apart).

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Osteo Sport
    By joebo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 05:17 PM
  2. Take the Osteo-Sport Challenge
    By EasyEJL in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 08:58 PM
  3. Have YOU tried Osteo-Sport?
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements