Testing Primed Endurance and Saturated Creatine Stores with MST's CRE-02 (Sponsored)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, I would like to thank MST for making it possible for me to log CRE 02. I truly appreciate this.

I began my CRE-02 supplementation on Saturday, November 1st. Due to a lack of Internet access during the weekend and until Monday, I was unable to share the log here at AnabolicMinds. My apologies.

As a classic creatine-monohydrate negative responder, irrespective of the supportive studies behind creatine monohydrate, I am always on the lookout for alternative creatine blends, especially those incorporating more advanced creatine forms. My favourite creatine is typically creatine bonded to a Krebs Cycle intermediate. As is well-known, creatine bonded to any of the Krebs Cycle intermediates (citrate, fumarate, malate, succinate, and alpha ketoglutarate), or compounds involved indirectly in the energy cycle (for instance, orotate, pyruvate, and so on) delivers improved absorption, bioavailability, and potency. Furthermore, ATP synthesis and phosphocreatine elevation are improved. Before CRE-02, my favourite creatine forms were Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate (Cre-AKG), Tri-Creatine-Malate, and Tri-Creatine Orotate. Narrowing that dow, it was Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate. Here is why:

Cre-AKG is a molecular bonding of creatine to the alpha-keto amino acid, alpha ketoglutarate (AKG), and is claimed by many to be one of the most effective creatines around. AKG has been traditionally molecularly bonded to minerals, amino acids, and vitamins to make them more stable, more bioavailable, and more absorbable. This is also the same principle behind Cre-AKG.

Cre-AKG is PH-stable, is as soluble as creatine malate and creatine pyruvate, and is highly bioavailable. This is because AKG in Cre-AKG serves as a transport vehicle for creatine, pulling creatine from the intestines into the blood stream (thus avoiding any GI issues as in monohydrate). On the cellular level, with the help of AKG, creatine is pulled (and pressed) into muscle cells (without the help of the usual carbohydrate transport matrix), producing the typical creatine results without GI issues and osmotic pressure (Cre-AKG does not pull water into intestinal and muscle cells like monohydrate).

So, AKG makes creatine significantly more potent. Furthermore, AKG improves the endogenous production of of glutamine and glutamic acid, both important for muscle growth and for the immune system. AKG also binds to toxic ammonia in muscle cells, in the liver, and in the brain, thereby converting ammonia into glutamic acid, improving glutamine levels and assisting in elimination of toxic ammonia from the body. Lastly, as a Krebs Cycle intermediate, AKG improves VO2 Max and energy metabolism in muscle cells, and is consequently a potent ergogenic.

Fortunately, many of the benefits of AKG are also shared by some other Krebs Cycle Intermediates, such as malate (in CRE-02). Chelation of creatine also presents several important benefits.

Success Measures
To measure the effectiveness or otherwise of CRE-02, I will focus on the following:
- Improved Strength and Endurance
- Absence of Bloating and Cramps
- Reduced Fatigue and Improved Recovery Time
- Improved Muscle Bulk

Dosing

3 enteric-coated tablets CRE-02 daily (exception would be Day 1 with 2 x 3 tablets). On workout days, 60 minutes before training.

Other Supplements in Stack (only CRE-02 is sponsored)
- Citruvol-XS (4 capsules with CRE-02 daily)
- Cordygen-VO2 (3 capsules pre-bed)
- Carnage (2 x 3 capsules daily; one serving with CRE-02, and the other serving pre-bed)

Now, welcome to my sponsored CRE-02 log! :D

Last edited:
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
November 1, 2008 - November 4, 2008
Days 1 - 4

Results

I loaded CRE-02 on Day 1 by taking three tablets of CRE-02 twice, just to help elevate cellular creatine stores. Recall our bodies synthesize creatine daily from the amino acids glycine, arginine, and methionine. Besides, we also obtain creatine from diet (meat/animal sources). An average, healthy, 70kg athlete has creatine reserves of about 120gr. He uses up about 2.5gr - 3gr or so daily in metabolic processes, depending on his level of activity. Some of this creatine need is replenished via endogenous creatine synthesis and the rest directly from diet. Anyway, I weigh much more than 70kg, so I should be fine, if I supplemented with about 2gr-3gr of creatine daily, as long as absorption and bioavailability are optimized via CRE-02. And, by the way, I have not seen any evidence yet that suggests medium-to-long-term creatine supplementation in the 2gr-3gr daily suppresses or inhibits endogenous creatine synthesis, so I am fine with my CRE-02 dosing.

In terms of results, absorption appears excellent. There have not been any signs of bloating or cramps. Improvements in strength and endurance have not been dramatic. To be fair, though, MST expects these to set in after the first week. Recovery time has been truncated.​

Last edited:
JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, Im your first guest..I know this log will be full of informative information, and probably some words i'll have to look up in dictionary to understand..lol

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome, Im your first guest..I know this log will be full of informative information, and probably some words i'll have to look up in dictionary to understand..lol
Thanks for turning up, bud! I'll try not to use a dictionary! :D

LatSpread

LatSpread

Awards
  • Established
I really enjoyed CreO2, Im in for the log though as I may learn a thing or two.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am here!
As always, subscribed for the information.
And because Ike is the coolest guy here.
:D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I too am a Creatine non-responder but do like Size-on during exercise. I seem to get some pump from it and it does seem to add some energy as well. I was interested in how a fellow non-responder does on this.

Have you responded to any other Creatine products ?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look forward to this! :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you responded to any other Creatine products ?
Yes. Ragnarok, NeoVar, NeoVar Recomped, Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Creatine Pyruvate, Tri-Creatine Malate, Creatine-HMB, Orotine, and such. I suspect I would also do well with Get-Diesel creatine products.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh i've been waiting on this one for quite some time :head:

Cheers buddy!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh i've been waiting on this one for quite some time :head:

Cheers buddy!
And I had been counting the minutes until your arrival! Nice to have you around. :D

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats because I didnt see it Stratego. You know I would have been post number 2 if I had!!! :D

Adams

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, lookks like your gunna be rocking another major log my buddy, cant wait to see how this works, ive got some cre02 myself just waiting for the right time.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. Ragnarok, NeoVar, NeoVar Recomped, Creatine Alpha Ketoglutarate, Creatine Pyruvate, Tri-Creatine Malate, Creatine-HMB, Orotine, and such. I suspect I would also do well with Get-Diesel creatine products.
Ah so there's hope for me, I am going be using Neovar Recomped with TNT after Xmas.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats because I didnt see it Stratego. You know I would have been post number 2 if I had!!! :D

Adams
Sure thing, bud! Thanks for turning up! :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed, lookks like your gunna be rocking another major log my buddy, cant wait to see how this works, ive got some cre02 myself just waiting for the right time.
CRE-02 is quite an impressive formula. Apart from the advanced creatine forms, itt contains one of my favourite herbs, the champion adaptogen, rhodiola rosea. In addition, of course, to some other fine compounds, whose synergy I will address in subsequent posts. I like rhodiola rosea as part of a creatine blend, due to its enormously beneficial impact on phosphocreatine/ATP synthesis. :food:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
CRE-02 is quite an impressive formula. Apart from the advanced creatine forms, itt contains one of my favourite herbs, the champion adaptogen, rhodiola rosea. In addition, of course, to some other fine compounds, whose synergy I will address in subsequent posts. I like rhodiola rosea as part of a creatine blend, due to its enormously beneficial impact on phosphocreatine/ATP synthesis. :food:
Well stated....as usual, haha

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I logged this for MST. I'm interested in your success. In.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
awesome start! i'll look over this baby when i get some more time.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
November 5, 2008 - November 7, 2008
Days 5 - 7

Results

I continued with the three-tablets-per-day dosing scheme with four capsules of Citruvol-XS and three capsules of Carnage just before endurance activity. I would experiment with Citruvol-XS/Carnage pre-endurance activity and CRE-O2 post in due course. In any case, the most noticeable effects so far have been a dramatic increase in strength and endurance, coupled with noticeably full muscles, thanks to the superior volumization and anti-catabolic effects of CRE-O2's creatine blend.
I really enjoy the ATP boost, and the blend is full of compounds that support improved and sustained mitochondrial function. Creatine may be easy to underestimate here, but it plays a key role in ATP synthesis. As the energy currency of the body, our muscles must break ATP down into ADP and phosphate, in order to generate energy. One key limitation of ATP, though, is its relative instability, lasting only about 10 or so seconds when summoned. Fortunately, creatine recycles ATP, powering the energy demands of our skeletal muscle cells. Add to this the synergistic effects of the ATP-O2 Catalyst and ATP-O2 Endurance matrices, and the impact on strength, energy, and endurance becomes almost matter-of-fact.

Without any cramping in sight, I have enjoyed CRE-O2 thoroughly so far. :D

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Sounds awesome bro....looks like everything is going well so far. Have you noticed any change in mood? From a lot of previous loggers we have seen that they say their mood is dramatically enhanced by using Cre-02. I'd imagine that you personally would attribute that the the Rhodiola...and since you've used it so often in the past, maybe aren't experiencing the same effects....however, I wanted to ask anyway :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds awesome bro....looks like everything is going well so far. Have you noticed any change in mood? From a lot of previous loggers we have seen that they say their mood is dramatically enhanced by using Cre-02. I'd imagine that you personally would attribute that the the Rhodiola...and since you've used it so often in the past, maybe aren't experiencing the same effects....however, I wanted to ask anyway :)
My mood was good and stable from the relatively highly-dosed REVERSE I logged just before my CRE-O2 adventure, and I have not noticed any (adverse) changes. And you are right! Rhodiola Rosea must be one of the most significant mood enhancers in CRE-O2! :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering... what are your views behind creatine non-repsonse. I think that if we know why we don't repsond (non-responders) we can further understand what we need to do to respond better.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I think that if we know why we don't repsond (non-responders) we can further understand what we need to do to respond better.
1. You don't respond because you aren't using Cre-02

2. The way to respond better is by using Cre-02 :head:

Sorry...I had to :lol:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1. You don't respond because you aren't using Cre-02

2. The way to respond better is by using Cre-02 :head:

Sorry...I had to :lol:
:icon_lol:

You may be right but I was looking for a little more detail...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, I would like to apologize for not having updated this log in a while. We had an external ISO audit last week in the company I work for. As the internal coordinator of that process, it was a major challenge to ensure all the necessary conditions were met, in order to secure an extension of our certificate by another year. Throughout last week, I did not sleep for more than altogether 16 hours from Monday to Friday! (Y-RD was a life-saver!). The week before was just as challenging. Although I continued with my CRE-02 supplementation without break, I was unable to find the right circumstances to update my log. Once again, my apologies. From now onwards, I will ensure I update this log at least three times every week.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering... what are your views behind creatine non-repsonse. I think that if we know why we don't repsond (non-responders) we can further understand what we need to do to respond better.
Creatine non-response broadly reflects the inability of skeletal muscle cells to absorb creatine. There are several possible explanations for this creatine non-response or negative response. One or two, or even a combination of more, may apply to different non-responders.

1) Unfavourable imbalances in hormone and neurotransmitter levels, disturbances in insulin metabolism, or poor availability of electrolytes can lead to weak creatine absorption into skeletal muscle.

2) The molecular weight of the creatine we consume is also another factor that makes a difference. Lower molecular weight is positively correlated with better absorption. This is one reason some recommend to take standard creatine in warm water to improve absorption. High-molecular-weight creatine dissolves poorly in cold water. The undissolved compound sits in the gut and creates irritations. The body seeks to neutralize this condition by pulling water into the intestines. This, unfortunately, can produce bloats and even create an urgent need for the non-responder to seek the nearest toilet at all costs! Even the creatine that managed to reach the outside of the muscle cells, but unable to penetrate them, draws water and creates a puffy, bloated look. Essentially, the purer the creatine is, the better it is absorbed, independent of any transport system. Besides, because creatine is more stable in low pH media, unfavourable imbalances in acid-alkaline levels may ensure less creatine is able to pass through the gut into the blood stream (and then into our muscle cells).

3) Furthermore, because creatine acts as an intra-muscular water shuttle, pulling available water into intra-muscular cells (leading to cell volumization), insufficient fluid intake causes cramping and sub-optimal absorption.

Something else: high consumption of caffeine may reduce creatine absorption.

Improving creatine uptake may involve the use of a simple carbohydrate as a shuttle. This is so because insulin, the storage hormone, is a powerful creatine shuttle, and the consumption of simple carbohydrates (say, dextrose or, better still, maltodextrin) or whey protein with creatine induces an insulin surge that drives the creatine into muscle cells. Insulin mimickers, such as IGF-1, alpha lipoic acid, d-pinitol, and so on, that increase the sensitivity of insulin receptor cites, also replicate the same results. Another option is to try more advanced creatine forms in a blend, preferably with a transport shuttle.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As is well-known, there are three optimal times to take creatine: 1) First thing in the morning in a fasted state when the muscle cells are like sponge, dense with enzymes favourable to nutrient absorption; 2) Pre-workout, so that the workout itself provokes the uptake of nutrients; and 3) Within 90 minutes post-workout, to take advantage of the so-called Anabolic Window of Opportunity when glycogen stores are depleted and the body is in an optimal state for anabolism. Given this background, I decided to try CRE-02 in those different times, to see which produced the most desirable results.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
November 8, 2008 - November 10, 2008
Days 8 - 10

Results

These were non-workout days, so I decided to take four capsules of Citruvol-XS, three capsules of Carnage, and three capsules of CRE-O2 in a fasted state, thirty minutes before breakfast (protein powder and oats). CRE-O2 uptake appeared excellent. There was neither cramping nor bloating to report. I made sure to stay hydrated. Even without physical exercise, muscle fullness was noticeable, suggesting superior osmosis and excellent intra-muscular absorption of macronutrients. This feeling of muscle fullness lasted well over ninety minutes, and I had to struggle to resist the temptation to do some workout. Altogether a great feeling of contentment.​

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
November 11, 2008 - November 14, 2008
Days 11 - 14

Results

During these four days, I decided to take CRE-O2, Carnage, and Citruvol-XS after my workouts, with a combination of protein powder and a mixture of simple and complex carbohydrates. I know a pre-workout dosing was recommended, but I wanted to see if CRE-O2 could help me take advantage of the so-called Anabolic Window of Opportunity that is open within roughly 90 minutes post-workout. As is well-known, intense exercise triggers insulin release, up-regulates androgen-receptor sites, and depletes ATP and glycogen stores. Put differently, the body enters a catabolic state and the receptor sites become supersensitive to nutrient uptake to induce anabolism. However, this anabolic activity has to be fuelled by ATP, and since creatine is a substrate for ATP production via phosphocreatine synthesis, ATP upregulation via creatine supplementation, in the presence of macronutrients such as proteins and carbohydrates, becomes very attractive. In any case, supplementing with CRE-O2 with Citruvol-XS, proteins and carbohydrates post-workout was truly awesome. Nutrient uptake appeared optimal. Vasodilation was significant, creating the appropriate environment for flooding the muscles with macronutrients. Maintaining a high level of hydration, my muscles were noticeably full and hard. This remained several hours after exercise. This is not surprising because the androgen-receptor up-regulation and sensitization triggered by exercise is maintained hours after exercise.

In what follows, I will report the result of dosing CRE-02 within 60 - 90 minutes pre-workout and compare versus the post-workout dose.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's actually a really good idea, Strategic! The Anabolic Window of Opportunity is a fascinating theory.
Good call!
:thumbsup:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
November 15, 2008 - November 17, 2008
Days 15 - 17

Results

During this stretch, my objective was to take CRE-O2 again 60 minutes pre-workout with Carnage, Citruvol-XS, protein powder and carbohydrates. Generally, the idea of taking creatine supplements pre-workout is that training provokes better vasodilation, flooding muscle cells with nutrient-rich blood, leading to superior post-training repair and growth processes. Furthermore, muscle contraction (during exercise) requires adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the body’s energy currency. Unfortunately, as is well-known, ATP is highly unstable, delivering energy for about 10 seconds. Fortunately, the consumption of creatine helps address this problem. In skeletal muscle cells, creatine is converted to phosphocreatine or creatine phosphate by the enzyme creatine kinase (CK) and stored there. When required, the phosphate molecule is then donated to adenosine triphosphate (ADP) to form ATP. The metabolization of ATP creates energy, making muscle contraction possible. So, creatine can act as an ATP generator during exercise. By providing the body with more ATP, creatine helps enhance energy and strength, leading to an increase in (type 2) muscle fibers recruited and stimulated. And by recruiting ATP, creatine ensures the body by-passes glycolysis, down-regulating the release of lactic acid, leading to stronger and longer muscular exertion. These are all favourable conditions for intense exercise.

I observed that optimal results in this pre-workout supplementation regime are reached when hydration is at a high level, and macronutrients are readily available. Furthermore, a post-workout meal would also be necessary, so as to bind catabolic processes that would, otherwise, ensue. Although workout intensity is high, with elevated levels of strength and endurance, I still tend to prefer the post-workout supplementation alternative. I found that I had better results that way, and experienced better muscle-fullness and hardness much longer.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Although workout intensity is high, with elevated levels of strength and endurance, I still tend to prefer the post-workout supplementation alternative. I found that I had better results that way, and experienced better muscle-fullness and hardness much longer.
Very Intersting! I wouldn't suspect you to prefer dosing post w/o...but i'm glad to see someone enjoying something new. I hope all Cre-02 users are watching along with this thread and try this theory out ;)

Great updates Ike....truly a pleasure as usual!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
awesome updates! great details about creatine, it's MoA, etc. very informative and easy to understand! :D

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with this log brother! I hope cre-02 works as well dor you as it did me. I loved it, best creatine I have used thus far and if I had the $ I would be using it in my PCT.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very Intersting! I wouldn't suspect you to prefer dosing post w/o...but i'm glad to see someone enjoying something new. I hope all Cre-02 users are watching along with this thread and try this theory out ;)

Great updates Ike....truly a pleasure as usual!
Thanks! Once again, my apologies for the discontinuity in the updates. Was not intended.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome updates! great details about creatine, it's MoA, etc. very informative and easy to understand! :D
Glad you like that style. Creatine's versatility is easy to underestimate sometimes, even without going into its applications as an antioxidant, in boosting mitochondrial function, in the reversal of muscle-wasting afflictions, and so on.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck with this log brother! I hope cre-02 works as well dor you as it did me. I loved it, best creatine I have used thus far and if I had the $ I would be using it in my PCT.
I am more than half way through my log, and I have enjoyed it thus far. Thanks a lot for your support. :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's actually a really good idea, Strategic! The Anabolic Window of Opportunity is a fascinating theory.
Good call!
:thumbsup:
Underlies the importance of post-workout macronutrient supplementation. :food: ;)

Thanks, Iron! :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I want to focus in on the molecular weight issue what is the molecular weight of various creatine types. I was thinking this could be a real key to why some respond to one better than others.