Football Off season log

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
In anywhere from 3 to 8 weeks, depending on playoff circumstances my football season will end and I will be diving into the depths of the offseason. This year I want to keep a detailed log of my entire winter spring and summer workouts, supplements, nutrition and lifts.

My offseason last year was plagued with injury, surguries, physical therapy, sickness and despair. Last year i fell way below on most all of my goals and showed up to camp in a condition that did not represent my hard work. I do not want this to happen again and this years workouts will focus primarily on endurance, speed, durability and overall athletic performace. I do want to also increase my bench and clean while only maintaining my squat and dead lift. Last year i went way to heavy and tried to push from a 550 dead to a 600 dead and tore my hamstring and fascia in my belly.

As for this season my hamstring injury from last febuary left me out of shape for this season and I have played way below my ability which is very frustrating. At the end of summer i was 231 lbs and now I am trying hard to maintain 225. Coming into the winter i will be around 225 and it is my goal to get to 240 and be solid and fast by august......

I have started compiling my supplements and working on my workout plans and i cant wait to get this thing started

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
As for supplements, for the first 30 days or so heres what im thinking..... the training phases soon to come

Phase 1 supplements 30+ days

Morning
Multi Vitamin
Citrulline malate 3.5 grams
Beta Alanine 1.6 grams
Acetyl L Carnitine 1 gram

Mid-Day
50 gram Protein Shake
Flaxseed Oil

Preworkout
2 scoops extend
Beta alanine 1.6 grams
Acetyl L Carnitine 1 gram
Creatine Mono 5 grams
Citrulline Malate 3.5 Grams
RPM 5 caps

Postworkout
50 Gram protein shake
2 scoops extend
Beta Aalanine 1.6 grams
Creatine Mono 5 grams

Night
Multi Vitamin

-On non training days citruline malate is taken in morning and night
-Creatine mono is taken for three 20 gram loading days and then 10 grams a day for length of stack.

I am ordering cissus bulk powder from NP and kwick carb but I am not quite sure how to dose them. I want to avoid injury as much as possible

I also have a full bottle of mass fx and was wondering if I should throw it in now or wait until this stack is over and start it up with some activate extreme or something…

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
look into osteosport by Appliednutriceuticals for joint, cissus, and antioxidant benefits

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Yeah osteo sport seems pretty damn good, but is quite expensive for only thirty days use. Right now my body is feeling aweful from months of football. Ive tryed a lot of things to get rid of inflamation and right now im relieng on four motrin to get through practice. Maybe if AN sent me some free samples and it alleivated some of my pain id buy a couple bottles, because ive tryed everything. Guys on the team are always wondering about a supplement that will make them feel not so sh*tty.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yeah osteo sport seems pretty damn good, but is quite expensive for only thirty days use. Right now my body is feeling aweful from months of football. Ive tryed a lot of things to get rid of inflamation and right now im relieng on four motrin to get through practice. Maybe if AN sent me some free samples and it alleivated some of my pain id buy a couple bottles, because ive tryed everything. Guys on the team are always wondering about a supplement that will make them feel not so sh*tty.
check out some of the reviews....its well worth it. i dont think its too pricey. just as expensive as most of the hormonals...rather than hurting your insides its helping.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I wasnt really planning on any serious hormonals, but i mean im sure my body is damaged way more than a lot of the other people who ran those logs. I really wana make sure itll work for me before i use it, considering how cheap ibuprofen is.

also can this help with muscle pulls and injuries??

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I wasnt really planning on any serious hormonals, but i mean im sure my body is damaged way more than a lot of the other people who ran those logs. I really wana make sure itll work for me before i use it, considering how cheap ibuprofen is.

also can this help with muscle pulls and injuries??
be more specific when you say injuries....and yes. it contains cissus and many have used cissus to aid in post surgery, rotator cuff injury, soreness, joint problems, ect. Also it containa hyaluronic acid (sp) which is a useful antioxidant and well help rid of free radicals.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
seriously torn hamstring with about a marble sized piece of scar tissue in it from February. My shins and ankles are also so stiff and inflamed their tough to jog on. My left knee also has a lot of inflammation at the connective site. And recently i got some tendentious and impingement in my right shoulder..... Thats about the jist of it.

Another unrelated question i have is about what supplements i should take for the first phase of my offseason. Im having second thoughts about the citruline malate, creatine mono, beta alanine, rpm and extend stack. I was thinking of switching the stack to mass fx, activate extreme and rpm or vasocharge. The goal of the first phase 28-35 days is to put on 7-8 pounds and really increase my strength.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
seriously torn hamstring with about a marble sized piece of scar tissue in it from February. My shins and ankles are also so stiff and inflamed their tough to jog on. My left knee also has a lot of inflammation at the connective site. And recently i got some tendentious and impingement in my right shoulder..... Thats about the jist of it.

Another unrelated question i have is about what supplements i should take for the first phase of my offseason. Im having second thoughts about the citruline malate, creatine mono, beta alanine, rpm and extend stack. I was thinking of switching the stack to mass fx, activate extreme and rpm or vasocharge. The goal of the first phase 28-35 days is to put on 7-8 pounds and really increase my strength.
well IMO supplement are the least or your worries man. You need to worry about putting together a solid diet, workout, and sleep pattern. Then when you have all that set for success (while not furthering any injury) look into supplementation. PM me real quick.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
I already have a real solid workout regimen and diet. I havent missed one of my six meals in two years. I dont party or drink either and i havent missed eight hours of sleep in as long as i can remember. Im very serious about my lfiting and training. I just made a very poor decision last year and tryed to deadlift 550 on a day i wasnt feeling it...... My foot slipped out on chalk and i tore my hammy up and got a hernia and that isnt to mention breaking my jaw three months previous to that

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
hmm have you given yourself time off to heal? have you ever looked into AA? I would do some Citrulline Malate, AA, 25-spiro, some creatine mono, and bioperine

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
As for time off to heal, im thinking of a couple days and then starting back into lifting legs heavy real real slow. Ill keep running and keep my legs fresh and just ease back into lifting..

Ive looked into AA, but JJohn said not to try it because of the inflamation in my hamstring and shoulder. I wanted to try the original stack i had outlined earlier with citruline, mono, rpm and a couple other things, but i dunno if i wana switch that up and use a bottle of mass fx i have and maybe add in some activate extreme.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
hey guys, ordering my supplements tommorow and just wondering if you guys think for my first phase if i should go with the stack way above or try some mass fx hyperdrol stack?? or anything else....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
So i just ordered my supplements for the first phase of the offseason and heres what goodies i got....

Citruline Malate 200 grams
Creatine Mono 500 grams
Beta Alanine 500 grams
Scivation protein 10 Lbs
Xtend 100 grams lemonade
RPM Big block 240 capsules
Multi Pro

And i already had

Vitamin C
E 400
Alcar Bulk Powder
AAKG Bulk Powder
Green Tea Extract
Panax Ginseng
Flaxseed Oil

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I would get that cissus powder bro, it's cheap and works real well. I personally like glycerol monostearate and it's dirt cheap, experiment with it next time.

P.S. You can also add 5 grams of BCAA powder to Xtend and it will still taste good

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
yup i got some bcaa here already and luckily for me AN is sending me some osteo sport to run a log on so i dont need the cissus... Awesome oppurtunity, why would u add the extra bcaa tho?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Oh and also, whats the gylcercol stuff for??

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the heads up bro! What does it actaully do though, im always out to learn stuff about supplements?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the heads up bro! What does it actaully do though, im always out to learn stuff about supplements?
hydration and causes cells to swell supposedly to keep water intake.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
oh ok, yeah i think ill be sticking to the basics still. Tex, im hoping this osteo sport does some big things, my good hammy in the last week has become a big problem and i had to miss running today and instead biked....

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
oh ok, yeah i think ill be sticking to the basics still. Tex, im hoping this osteo sport does some big things, my good hammy in the last week has become a big problem and i had to miss running today and instead biked....
just keep base with me. let me know how things are going ect. Ill try to keep you at peak recovery timing.

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Aright so practice starts at four and is done by six thirty ussually. I ussually lift in season at nite at about 8 30 until 10 00. Out of season i lift always at between 3-4. Today im sitting and not practicing, gonna let the hammy rest, but what will be the best dosing for the osteo sport with those times?

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
Hey tex, got my osteo sport today and want to start a log asap. My hammy is bothering me real bad and i want any hlep i can get....

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
alright sounds good bro! Start at the recommended dosing for your weight. either 3-4-5 caps per dosage. so you should be taking between 6-8-10 caps a day. you can either dose morning and night or before workouts. Personally with the time gap you have i would dose before each training

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
6-8-10? i thought it says take 5 in two separate doses, 3 and 2? It says do not exceed 5 caps a day...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
6-8-10? i thought it says take 5 in two separate doses, 3 and 2? It says do not exceed 5 caps a day...
ah yes my bad. brain fart... anyways start at lowest dose for your body weight and progress with upping the dose if need be from there

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
supplements coming tommorow....now i just need an offseason....

pavb10

pavb10

Awards
  • Established
went 9-0 yesterday offseason could start in anywhere from 13-35 days!!!