Prime: Take 2
- 11-14-2008, 01:11 PM
- 11-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Very informative bro, and i like the honesty of your log!!!
Hope you start seeing some weight increase during the second bottle.
Day 21: Back/Posterior Chain
Deadlifts: 135x5, 315x5,6,5 : Bit disappointed, my grip kept slipping here even with the gloves. Barehand, it just rips my skin off.
Cleans: 115x5,6,5 135x3 Some were also presses. This is an ego bruiser, but I'm working on my form. My wrist mobility seems to be limiting currently
DB Clean Press: 60; 3x5 Was tired, but I've done these for a while
BB SLDL: 225x5 205x6,6,7 (Slow eccentric)
Weight: 173... Holding Steady
- My neck got itchy in the T-Shirt I put on, so I ended up working out in my comfy polo golf-shirt lol.
- I had DOMS in my chest, moreso after my leg workout day! I believe this was due to the Floor Wipers I did yesterday.
- The weakness in my lifts were partly due to my pre-WO timing. I had 3 hours of class, so I had moderate C/P/F meal for breakfast. 50 mins pre-WO I had 700mL yogurt (40g carbs, 30g Protein) however I needed to pack more carbs in. I drank my 30g Carbs/Pro PWO shake I had made just-in-case near the start of my WO which helped lift me at the end, but I feel this hindered me
- will post up 3 week review now
- I wanted to try a few samples of the new SMASH, and Axis generously sent a whole tub! So expect a comprehensive ongoing review of Smash Fully Loaded (600 g) By: Axis Labs
- INSANE apetite today PWO. It must have been all the compound movements, despite not having a lot of volume, I was sweating buckets at the end of the 40 minute WO. I've been eating non-stop it feels since I got home, hopefully my apetite dies down b/c I'm going out tonight and food choices are deadly. Edit: Bah that's too long of a story for you guys, anyways I've got a conference all-weekend. Saturday = Rest Day. Sunday = I'll schedule in the gym somewhere.
Day 22: Rest
- I am definitely noticing some upper back development from the cleans. Parts of the traps I don't usually hit with my shrugs/rows.
9 caps, I find, is the sweet-spot. I realize I am afforded a greater opportunity to do so, but try it for this week. If you run out, I will send a bottle up the QE.
DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!!
I wanna see the steve do da mega dose!!! that should be niiiiiiice! Poops jealous
I really enjoyed a 9 cap 2/3/2/2 protocol:
2 preWO (fasted, or with small shake) (0600)
3 postWO (super charged with bulk p-slin) (0800)
2 late afternoon (1500)
2 before bed etc (2200)
I ran that for 14 days straight, now Im taking 2 weeks off to 'desensitise' after a total of 60-day run - which is approx. 2.5 bottles.
I like his idea... but in all honesty I would prefer to dose in higher amounts 3x3 so that I could attain higher serum levels in three spikes... 6 hours apart isnt too bad IMO for repeat dosing and although I dont know what the actual half life is of this compound I would think youd be better off going higher each time then maintaining a lower constant level.... you are after all trying to break past what a current 2 cap dose will get you as far as effects are concerned. JMO
Day 23: Chest & Back
1a) Dips (+35) (7),10,7,4(4)
1b) Pullups: 4x8 Bodyweight Then Assisted (The +5 lbs made these hard lol)
1c) Captain Chair: 2x10 Not quite sure why I did this inbetween lol
2a) Rear Fly's 100; 4x9
2b) Front Fly: Mach: 135; 4x10 (Went lighter but more reps)
2c) Pullover Mach 150;10,9,7,6
3a) Incl DB: 75;5 Only one set, wasn't feeling good, sore/tired
3b) Face Pulls; 4x8
4a) BB Bench; 155; 8,7,6,5 Chest Was still not feeling Recovered
4b) T-Bar Rows: 45; 4x9
5a) DB Decl; 60; 4x10 Slow ,
5b) DB Flat: 60; 2x8
Weight: 177.5, then 176.25 after I took a piss 1/2way thru my workout. Yesterday was a rest day, so my glycogen stores may have been elevated, however I only had about 60-70g net carbs yesterday. Pre-WO was the usual oatbran, then 400mL water with Axis' SMASH.
- Felt slightly sore going into the gym this morning
- Dips improved slightly, however Incl DB was poor
- Didn't work up a sweat despite this rigorous workout, I think since it is subzero outside the gym is cooler
- Hopefully this weight fluctuation will continue for the next few days. I will repeat the same protocol tomorrow and compare
Start of Smash Fully Loaded Review
Axis' Labs Smash Fully Loaded
Smash Fully Loaded (600 g) By: Axis Labs
- the old version was fruit punch, and was a clear 10/10. The new one is "Citrus" and is very similar to Orange Juice. With 400mL of water it was a bit weak, but I mixed some stronger and it tasted very similar to orange juice, and not the cheap tang stuff either!
- I had no grits/floaters, however I did have some foam on the top, nothing to cause any problems and it probably would have dissolved if I waited even longer.
- Felt wide awake, despite losing a bit of sleep on this weekend.
- No noticeable jitteriness even with the full 200mg serving
- The workout literally flew by. I got in the gym at 9, and didn't even look at the clock until 9:50. I was almost late for the 1st presentation, but luckily it also started late lol
- this isn't Smash's fault by any means, so I was thinking about putting a NA but I went with a # instead. I was still a bit sore from last week's workouts, a bit low on sleep which I figure contributed to this.
Ill be interested to see how it goes for you period though, I know 9 caps a day woulda had me throwin plates across the room though
YA I was just thinking the same thing, you used that dose as a loading dose not as a spiking dose... this should do you well bro!
Just wondering do you take it with or without food? I found it LOVED fat containing meals.... ALSO do you have an bioprene or supps containing it laying around? Grape fruit juice? just thinking of what ways we can defeat your bodies blocks to this supp even more then just high dosing, I really want for you to feel this supp as I did as I just LOVED it, I could do this all night long at the gym! lol.
Yes I agree about the tight feeling, it's really nice but the doms is there too, so is the reformation.
As I am a good responder I don't feel the need to up my dose at this time but I do have some extra pills so I may finish the last couple weeks at a higher dose just to see if it gives me a boost.
Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
no BA, prime is a 2 ingredient mix, the trib aquatica and an adaptogen, I can't recall which offhand, but its also not common.
Day 24: Legs
Dosing UpdateDay 2 of 3/3/3
Calf Raises: 185; 4x10
Front Squats: 155;8,7,7,7
BB Lunges 135; 6,7,6,6
Leg Press: 9 Plates; 12,12,12,12,12 (Last week only did 4x8)
Weight: 176 Woot it didn't drop!
- Leg's aren't my strong point, but I've always had weak knees. I used the leg press for a while, and have only been slowly developing my squat
- My back was very sore after this workout, I believe I was leaning too far forward on my squat, and thus a lot of weight was shifted to my lower back
- No Pre-WO supp today, but still finished VERY strong with those leg presses
- DOMS is my lower chest, not bad in upper chest b/c the Incl. DB presses didn't happen, so I think I will do them tomorrow with shoulders
- From my math I've got 80 caps left, so this should continue until next Wed if I did it right
Free Y-rd with purchases of most USPLabs products at NP at the moment. That does make the deal even juicier.
NSCA - CSCS
Similar Forum Threads
- By PT3 in forum SupplementsReplies: 12Last Post: 11-11-2010, 10:50 PM