Prime: Take 2

Page 6 of 8 First ... 45678 Last

  1. x-factor type doms?


  2. Very informative bro, and i like the honesty of your log!!!

    Russian.

    Hope you start seeing some weight increase during the second bottle.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by ari4216 View Post
    x-factor type doms?
    Well ironically enough, I didn't get much DOMS while on AA. I think it may have been my program not being intense enough/high enough volume, but I had very little DOMS with on AA!

    Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Very informative bro, and i like the honesty of your log!!!

    Russian.

    Hope you start seeing some weight increase during the second bottle.
    Likewise! Weight was 173 again. I've upped my calories this past week, and I haven't done any cardio in almost a week so I was expecting atleast modest weight gain but nothing so far. Oh well, more food, how can I argue with that!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Well ironically enough, I didn't get much DOMS while on AA. I think it may have been my program not being intense enough/high enough volume, but I had very little DOMS with on AA!



    Likewise! Weight was 173 again. I've upped my calories this past week, and I haven't done any cardio in almost a week so I was expecting atleast modest weight gain but nothing so far. Oh well, more food, how can I argue with that!
    Yah I upped my cals and lost weight but that's more of what I am trying to accomplish but I am still bigger so... what the fug..

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Well ironically enough, I didn't get much DOMS while on AA. I think it may have been my program not being intense enough/high enough volume, but I had very little DOMS with on AA!



    Likewise! Weight was 173 again. I've upped my calories this past week, and I haven't done any cardio in almost a week so I was expecting atleast modest weight gain but nothing so far. Oh well, more food, how can I argue with that!
    I didn't experience any out of the ordinary DOMS from X-factor either. I know the AA facilitates muscle inflammation and I KNOW I WAS HITTING IT HARD, but I just didn't get the severe DOMS, but I did get increased strength, so no complaints here.
    NSCA - CSCS
  6. Day 21: Back/Posterior Chain


    Workout:
    Deadlifts: 135x5, 315x5,6,5 : Bit disappointed, my grip kept slipping here even with the gloves. Barehand, it just rips my skin off.
    Cleans: 115x5,6,5 135x3 Some were also presses. This is an ego bruiser, but I'm working on my form. My wrist mobility seems to be limiting currently
    DB Clean Press: 60; 3x5 Was tired, but I've done these for a while
    BB SLDL: 225x5 205x6,6,7 (Slow eccentric)

    Weight: 173... Holding Steady

    Comments:
    - My neck got itchy in the T-Shirt I put on, so I ended up working out in my comfy polo golf-shirt lol.
    - I had DOMS in my chest, moreso after my leg workout day! I believe this was due to the Floor Wipers I did yesterday.
    - The weakness in my lifts were partly due to my pre-WO timing. I had 3 hours of class, so I had moderate C/P/F meal for breakfast. 50 mins pre-WO I had 700mL yogurt (40g carbs, 30g Protein) however I needed to pack more carbs in. I drank my 30g Carbs/Pro PWO shake I had made just-in-case near the start of my WO which helped lift me at the end, but I feel this hindered me
    - will post up 3 week review now
    - I wanted to try a few samples of the new SMASH, and Axis generously sent a whole tub! So expect a comprehensive ongoing review of Smash Fully Loaded (600 g) By: Axis Labs

    - INSANE apetite today PWO. It must have been all the compound movements, despite not having a lot of volume, I was sweating buckets at the end of the 40 minute WO. I've been eating non-stop it feels since I got home, hopefully my apetite dies down b/c I'm going out tonight and food choices are deadly. Edit: Bah that's too long of a story for you guys, anyways I've got a conference all-weekend. Saturday = Rest Day. Sunday = I'll schedule in the gym somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah I upped my cals and lost weight but that's more of what I am trying to accomplish but I am still bigger so... what the fug..
    Yea I figured if I was staying constant I would be recomping a little bit, however I don't see myself leaning out much in the mirror. Of note, I am genetically predisposed to having the beer-gut, so even though I've got more abdominal fat on me, there's very little on my obliques/rest of my body.

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I didn't experience any out of the ordinary DOMS from X-factor either. I know the AA facilitates muscle inflammation and I KNOW I WAS HITTING IT HARD, but I just didn't get the severe DOMS, but I did get increased strength, so no complaints here.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one, because I was pushing pretty intensely! I will be giving AA another go, in the form of MaxOut sometime soon. Perhaps after my mini-cut. I bought some DCP/LR/Sesamin/CLA to get back under 10%. I will probably start Gut Health too, although I want to make sure I can see if it's working or not.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Lethargy is the last thing I feel on Prime. After I do one workout I look forward to the next. I know what you are talking about the doms though... immediate soreness directly after the workout and into the next day. I feel like a rock so I don't care about being sore... fuggit..
    my DOMS on PRIME wasnt like typical DOMS it was more of a TIGHT "rock" feeling like your saying... with a hint of soreness.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    my DOMS on PRIME wasnt like typical DOMS it was more of a TIGHT "rock" feeling like your saying... with a hint of soreness.
    i love that tight feeling too

  9. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    my DOMS on PRIME wasnt like typical DOMS it was more of a TIGHT "rock" feeling like your saying... with a hint of soreness.
    I have the same experience - but often delayed to the 2nd day after.
  10. Day 22: Rest


    Rest Day.

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    my DOMS on PRIME wasnt like typical DOMS it was more of a TIGHT "rock" feeling like your saying... with a hint of soreness.
    Hmm, I wish I could call myself a rock, but all that comes to mind is soreness!

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    I have the same experience - but often delayed to the 2nd day after.
    Most of the DOMS I've noticed is worst the day after. Was pretty limber on the dance floor last night, but sitting in chairs all day today was a bit uncomfortable; my entire back is sore. Hams are so-so, didn't hit the SLDL's hard enough at the end b/c my back was getting tired.
    - I am definitely noticing some upper back development from the cleans. Parts of the traps I don't usually hit with my shrugs/rows.
    •   
       


  11. 9 caps, I find, is the sweet-spot. I realize I am afforded a greater opportunity to do so, but try it for this week. If you run out, I will send a bottle up the QE.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    9 caps, I find, is the sweet-spot. I realize I am afforded a greater opportunity to do so, but try it for this week. If you run out, I will send a bottle up the QE.
    that's a fine offer!

  13. DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!!

    I wanna see the steve do da mega dose!!! that should be niiiiiiice! Poops jealous

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    9 caps, I find, is the sweet-spot. I realize I am afforded a greater opportunity to do so, but try it for this week. If you run out, I will send a bottle up the QE.
    Steve I would have to agree with The Mullet.

    I really enjoyed a 9 cap 2/3/2/2 protocol:

    2 preWO (fasted, or with small shake) (0600)
    3 postWO (super charged with bulk p-slin) (0800)
    2 late afternoon (1500)
    2 before bed etc (2200)

    I ran that for 14 days straight, now Im taking 2 weeks off to 'desensitise' after a total of 60-day run - which is approx. 2.5 bottles.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    9 caps, I find, is the sweet-spot. I realize I am afforded a greater opportunity to do so, but try it for this week. If you run out, I will send a bottle up the QE.
    I took an extra cap w/ my pre bed meal, and I will start today with 9/caps a day using Jake's protocol for a nice sustained delivery (unless you wish me to dose it in another fashion).

    Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    Steve I would have to agree with The Mullet.

    I really enjoyed a 9 cap 2/3/2/2 protocol:

    2 preWO (fasted, or with small shake) (0600)
    3 postWO (super charged with bulk p-slin) (0800)
    2 late afternoon (1500)
    2 before bed etc (2200)

    I ran that for 14 days straight, now Im taking 2 weeks off to 'desensitise' after a total of 60-day run - which is approx. 2.5 bottles.
    THanks for the idea Jake, I'll give that a go for the next few weeks. With the remaining amt in my 2nd bottle, I should have enough for 9 days I believe.

  16. I like his idea... but in all honesty I would prefer to dose in higher amounts 3x3 so that I could attain higher serum levels in three spikes... 6 hours apart isnt too bad IMO for repeat dosing and although I dont know what the actual half life is of this compound I would think youd be better off going higher each time then maintaining a lower constant level.... you are after all trying to break past what a current 2 cap dose will get you as far as effects are concerned. JMO
  17. Day 23: Chest & Back


    Workout

    1a) Dips (+35) (7),10,7,4(4)
    1b) Pullups: 4x8 Bodyweight Then Assisted (The +5 lbs made these hard lol)
    1c) Captain Chair: 2x10 Not quite sure why I did this inbetween lol
    2a) Rear Fly's 100; 4x9
    2b) Front Fly: Mach: 135; 4x10 (Went lighter but more reps)
    2c) Pullover Mach 150;10,9,7,6
    3a) Incl DB: 75;5 Only one set, wasn't feeling good, sore/tired
    3b) Face Pulls; 4x8
    4a) BB Bench; 155; 8,7,6,5 Chest Was still not feeling Recovered
    4b) T-Bar Rows: 45; 4x9
    5a) DB Decl; 60; 4x10 Slow ,
    5b) DB Flat: 60; 2x8

    Weight: 177.5, then 176.25 after I took a piss 1/2way thru my workout. Yesterday was a rest day, so my glycogen stores may have been elevated, however I only had about 60-70g net carbs yesterday. Pre-WO was the usual oatbran, then 400mL water with Axis' SMASH.

    Comments:
    - Felt slightly sore going into the gym this morning
    - Dips improved slightly, however Incl DB was poor
    - Didn't work up a sweat despite this rigorous workout, I think since it is subzero outside the gym is cooler
    - Hopefully this weight fluctuation will continue for the next few days. I will repeat the same protocol tomorrow and compare


    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    I like his idea... but in all honesty I would prefer to dose in higher amounts 3x3 so that I could attain higher serum levels in three spikes... 6 hours apart isnt too bad IMO for repeat dosing and although I dont know what the actual half life is of this compound I would think youd be better off going higher each time then maintaining a lower constant level.... you are after all trying to break past what a current 2 cap dose will get you as far as effects are concerned. JMO
    The difference between the two protocols depends on whether one wants to spike levels of the actives in Prime, or try and have a sustained delivery through the day (similar to something like Divanil). I did 3x3 before, with the 1st two doses with me pre and PWO meals, about 3.5 hours apart. I'll see if Strag of Mullet can give any further insight. Whatever they suggest I'll run for the next ~9 days (until my current bottle runs out) and then possibly longer if I get another bottle.
  18. Start of Smash Fully Loaded Review


    Axis' Labs Smash Fully Loaded


    Smash Fully Loaded (600 g) By: Axis Labs

    Taste: 8/10
    - the old version was fruit punch, and was a clear 10/10. The new one is "Citrus" and is very similar to Orange Juice. With 400mL of water it was a bit weak, but I mixed some stronger and it tasted very similar to orange juice, and not the cheap tang stuff either!

    Mixability:9/10
    - I had no grits/floaters, however I did have some foam on the top, nothing to cause any problems and it probably would have dissolved if I waited even longer.

    Energy:9/10
    - Felt wide awake, despite losing a bit of sleep on this weekend.
    - No noticeable jitteriness even with the full 200mg serving

    Intensity/Focus:10/10
    - The workout literally flew by. I got in the gym at 9, and didn't even look at the clock until 9:50. I was almost late for the 1st presentation, but luckily it also started late lol


    Endurance/Strength: 5/10
    - this isn't Smash's fault by any means, so I was thinking about putting a NA but I went with a # instead. I was still a bit sore from last week's workouts, a bit low on sleep which I figure contributed to this.

  19. I use a 3/3/3 protocol, and found it to be very agreeable. But, whatever your preference.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post


    The difference between the two protocols depends on whether one wants to spike levels of the actives in Prime, or try and have a sustained delivery through the day (similar to something like Divanil). I did 3x3 before, with the 1st two doses with me pre and PWO meals, about 3.5 hours apart. I'll see if Strag of Mullet can give any further insight. Whatever they suggest I'll run for the next ~9 days (until my current bottle runs out) and then possibly longer if I get another bottle.
    ya I def understand the ideology behind the different dosing, I would just think that with someone like yourself that doesnt respond well to lower doses would want higher concentrations at opportune times rather then a constant dose... again that was JMO.

    Ill be interested to see how it goes for you period though, I know 9 caps a day woulda had me throwin plates across the room though

  21. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    ya I def understand the ideology behind the different dosing, I would just think that with someone like yourself that doesnt respond well to lower doses would want higher concentrations at opportune times rather then a constant dose... again that was JMO.

    Ill be interested to see how it goes for you period though, I know 9 caps a day woulda had me throwin plates across the room though
    I will go with the 3/3/3 dosing that I used during my 1-week loading period. During that week, I didn't feel any extra aggression/power, however this is probably due to the fact that I was building up the levels in my body. Then after 7 days I dropped down to the lower dose, so I didn't enjoy the full benefits of the 9caps/day dose. This time around hopefully the levels of Prime in my blood are already elevated so I notice the effects quicker, but I'll probably take Mullet up on the offer so I can evaluate the effects of 9 caps/day for more than just 8 more days. It's no wonder I didn't respond to 5 caps of the beta, this is almost 11x more!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I will go with the 3/3/3 dosing that I used during my 1-week loading period. During that week, I didn't feel any extra aggression/power, however this is probably due to the fact that I was building up the levels in my body. Then after 7 days I dropped down to the lower dose, so I didn't enjoy the full benefits of the 9caps/day dose. This time around hopefully the levels of Prime in my blood are already elevated so I notice the effects quicker, but I'll probably take Mullet up on the offer so I can evaluate the effects of 9 caps/day for more than just 8 more days. It's no wonder I didn't respond to 5 caps of the beta, this is almost 11x more!

    YA I was just thinking the same thing, you used that dose as a loading dose not as a spiking dose... this should do you well bro!

    Just wondering do you take it with or without food? I found it LOVED fat containing meals.... ALSO do you have an bioprene or supps containing it laying around? Grape fruit juice? just thinking of what ways we can defeat your bodies blocks to this supp even more then just high dosing, I really want for you to feel this supp as I did as I just LOVED it, I could do this all night long at the gym! lol.

  23. Yes I agree about the tight feeling, it's really nice but the doms is there too, so is the reformation.

    As I am a good responder I don't feel the need to up my dose at this time but I do have some extra pills so I may finish the last couple weeks at a higher dose just to see if it gives me a boost.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    9 caps, I find, is the sweet-spot. I realize I am afforded a greater opportunity to do so, but try it for this week. If you run out, I will send a bottle up the QE.
    9 caps you say? That would be a 27 day run on 2 bottles, dosing 7 days a week.

    I'm a big fan of the larger doses. Did you take 3am/3mid/3pm?

    Is there any Beta Alanine in Prime? I don't know where I got that impression from.
    NSCA - CSCS

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    I use a 3/3/3 protocol, and found it to be very agreeable. But, whatever your preference.
    Oh, it appears you've answered this question.

    If anyone can chime in on the BA, that would make or break my purchase. I'm not a fan of paresthesia.
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    no BA, prime is a 2 ingredient mix, the trib aquatica and an adaptogen, I can't recall which offhand, but its also not common.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  27. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Oh, it appears you've answered this question.

    If anyone can chime in on the BA, that would make or break my purchase. I'm not a fan of paresthesia.
    first no BA and second I dont think its even necessary to use while on prime. JMO. I had INSANE endurance and never ending strength on Prime... check my log bro, it was quite a run to say the least.... Im on cycle now and lovin it BUT I still find myself looking forward to running Prime again.
  28. Day 24: Legs


    Dosing UpdateDay 2 of 3/3/3

    Workout:
    Squats: 205x10,8,7,6
    Calf Raises: 185; 4x10
    Front Squats: 155;8,7,7,7
    BB Lunges 135; 6,7,6,6
    Leg Press: 9 Plates; 12,12,12,12,12 (Last week only did 4x8)

    Weight: 176 Woot it didn't drop!

    Comments:
    - Leg's aren't my strong point, but I've always had weak knees. I used the leg press for a while, and have only been slowly developing my squat
    - My back was very sore after this workout, I believe I was leaning too far forward on my squat, and thus a lot of weight was shifted to my lower back
    - No Pre-WO supp today, but still finished VERY strong with those leg presses
    - DOMS is my lower chest, not bad in upper chest b/c the Incl. DB presses didn't happen, so I think I will do them tomorrow with shoulders
    - From my math I've got 80 caps left, so this should continue until next Wed if I did it right


    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Oh, it appears you've answered this question.

    If anyone can chime in on the BA, that would make or break my purchase. I'm not a fan of paresthesia.
    Definitely no BA in there Volcom, you should be fine with Prime. If you don't like the paresthesia, time-released Beta-Alanine might be the solution for you if you really want to try it. I believe Peak-Beta by MN is the only product out there right now.

  29. Free Y-rd with purchases of most USPLabs products at NP at the moment. That does make the deal even juicier.
    NSCA - CSCS

  30. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    first no BA and second I dont think its even necessary to use while on prime. JMO. I had INSANE endurance and never ending strength on Prime... check my log bro, it was quite a run to say the least.... Im on cycle now and lovin it BUT I still find myself looking forward to running Prime again.
    Thanks, I wasn't considering BA. BA would have broke the deal, not made it, so its good news that Prime has no BA.
    NSCA - CSCS
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ordered 4 Prime twin packs and get 4 prime?
    By Ubiyca in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 02:57 PM
  2. Prime Time with USPlabs! Without the Prime!
    By lbarber in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Log in
Log in