Prime: Take 2
- 11-15-2008, 06:38 PM
- 11-15-2008, 11:27 PM
- 11-15-2008, 11:59 PM
DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!!
I wanna see the steve do da mega dose!!! that should be niiiiiiice! Poops jealous
I really enjoyed a 9 cap 2/3/2/2 protocol:
2 preWO (fasted, or with small shake) (0600)
3 postWO (super charged with bulk p-slin) (0800)
2 late afternoon (1500)
2 before bed etc (2200)
I ran that for 14 days straight, now Im taking 2 weeks off to 'desensitise' after a total of 60-day run - which is approx. 2.5 bottles.
I like his idea... but in all honesty I would prefer to dose in higher amounts 3x3 so that I could attain higher serum levels in three spikes... 6 hours apart isnt too bad IMO for repeat dosing and although I dont know what the actual half life is of this compound I would think youd be better off going higher each time then maintaining a lower constant level.... you are after all trying to break past what a current 2 cap dose will get you as far as effects are concerned. JMO
Day 23: Chest & Back
1a) Dips (+35) (7),10,7,4(4)
1b) Pullups: 4x8 Bodyweight Then Assisted (The +5 lbs made these hard lol)
1c) Captain Chair: 2x10 Not quite sure why I did this inbetween lol
2a) Rear Fly's 100; 4x9
2b) Front Fly: Mach: 135; 4x10 (Went lighter but more reps)
2c) Pullover Mach 150;10,9,7,6
3a) Incl DB: 75;5 Only one set, wasn't feeling good, sore/tired
3b) Face Pulls; 4x8
4a) BB Bench; 155; 8,7,6,5 Chest Was still not feeling Recovered
4b) T-Bar Rows: 45; 4x9
5a) DB Decl; 60; 4x10 Slow ,
5b) DB Flat: 60; 2x8
Weight: 177.5, then 176.25 after I took a piss 1/2way thru my workout. Yesterday was a rest day, so my glycogen stores may have been elevated, however I only had about 60-70g net carbs yesterday. Pre-WO was the usual oatbran, then 400mL water with Axis' SMASH.
- Felt slightly sore going into the gym this morning
- Dips improved slightly, however Incl DB was poor
- Didn't work up a sweat despite this rigorous workout, I think since it is subzero outside the gym is cooler
- Hopefully this weight fluctuation will continue for the next few days. I will repeat the same protocol tomorrow and compare
Start of Smash Fully Loaded Review
Axis' Labs Smash Fully Loaded
Smash Fully Loaded (600 g) By: Axis Labs
- the old version was fruit punch, and was a clear 10/10. The new one is "Citrus" and is very similar to Orange Juice. With 400mL of water it was a bit weak, but I mixed some stronger and it tasted very similar to orange juice, and not the cheap tang stuff either!
- I had no grits/floaters, however I did have some foam on the top, nothing to cause any problems and it probably would have dissolved if I waited even longer.
- Felt wide awake, despite losing a bit of sleep on this weekend.
- No noticeable jitteriness even with the full 200mg serving
- The workout literally flew by. I got in the gym at 9, and didn't even look at the clock until 9:50. I was almost late for the 1st presentation, but luckily it also started late lol
- this isn't Smash's fault by any means, so I was thinking about putting a NA but I went with a # instead. I was still a bit sore from last week's workouts, a bit low on sleep which I figure contributed to this.
I use a 3/3/3 protocol, and found it to be very agreeable. But, whatever your preference.
Ill be interested to see how it goes for you period though, I know 9 caps a day woulda had me throwin plates across the room though
YA I was just thinking the same thing, you used that dose as a loading dose not as a spiking dose... this should do you well bro!
Just wondering do you take it with or without food? I found it LOVED fat containing meals.... ALSO do you have an bioprene or supps containing it laying around? Grape fruit juice? just thinking of what ways we can defeat your bodies blocks to this supp even more then just high dosing, I really want for you to feel this supp as I did as I just LOVED it, I could do this all night long at the gym! lol.
Yes I agree about the tight feeling, it's really nice but the doms is there too, so is the reformation.
As I am a good responder I don't feel the need to up my dose at this time but I do have some extra pills so I may finish the last couple weeks at a higher dose just to see if it gives me a boost.
Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
no BA, prime is a 2 ingredient mix, the trib aquatica and an adaptogen, I can't recall which offhand, but its also not common.
Day 24: Legs
Dosing UpdateDay 2 of 3/3/3
Calf Raises: 185; 4x10
Front Squats: 155;8,7,7,7
BB Lunges 135; 6,7,6,6
Leg Press: 9 Plates; 12,12,12,12,12 (Last week only did 4x8)
Weight: 176 Woot it didn't drop!
- Leg's aren't my strong point, but I've always had weak knees. I used the leg press for a while, and have only been slowly developing my squat
- My back was very sore after this workout, I believe I was leaning too far forward on my squat, and thus a lot of weight was shifted to my lower back
- No Pre-WO supp today, but still finished VERY strong with those leg presses
- DOMS is my lower chest, not bad in upper chest b/c the Incl. DB presses didn't happen, so I think I will do them tomorrow with shoulders
- From my math I've got 80 caps left, so this should continue until next Wed if I did it right
Free Y-rd with purchases of most USPLabs products at NP at the moment. That does make the deal even juicier.
NSCA - CSCS
Week 3 Comparison
Slightly delayed, but I'll go from my experiences up to Saturday. I had really high expectations for week 3.
Overall: I've really noticed a constant increase in DOMS. This is in part due to starting Cleans, however I am finding it with all my exercises. As stated in my log, I believe this is due to increasing the intensity of my training. Weight was stuck at ~173 during Week 3.
This is the magical week our subjects cannot stop talking about.
For most, by the end of Week 3 is when USPlabs Prime™ REALLY begins to impart its force upon your body…
You'll fly through your workouts…and…Your body will be hard as a freakin rock – all day long.
- Still not noticing any crazy "Rock-Hardness", although if when I stop taking Prime and I start noticing "softness" I shall definitely come back and make note of this. It could be a relative thing, but I really don't feel it
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A CONSTANT STATE OF FLEXION?
In addition, a weird, yet extremely addicting experience will begin to occur…
…You'll be sitting around watching TV, surfing the Internet or hanging out with family and friends and you'll have the sudden urge to just start flexing.
In fact, it almost seems as if your muscles are telling you to flex them. You feel completely jacked and you never want the feeling to go away.
I'm a modest guy, still not flexing randomly
It's the bodybuilder's equivalent of a crack high…
…And you'll never want to be without your fix!
Day 25: Shoulders/Arms
Military Press; 4x8
DB Shoulder Press; 4x10
BB Incl: 4x10
Incl. DB Curls: 10,8,7
Cable Curls: 2x9
DB Front Raises: 2x10
Weight: 174 after pre-WO shake, 172 after a mid-workout washroom break
- poor workout because poor sleep. I take days off from Powerful and only had a melatonin + GABA, and I kept waking up (like 5+ times). At 6:15 I couldn't stand waking up so much, and just had a pre-WO shake and hit the gym from 7-8:15 (Opens at 7, 9 on the weekends )
- Couldn't even get the 75 lb DB's up for Incl DB
- Weight went back down again, maybe I had some stuff in my GI tract for the past 2 days, lots of fiber perhaps
- Feeling tired, will try and nap today/sleep in tomorrow. I might be trying out X-Dreams, so that might help with my sleep/energy. I think being on a busy street + the nearby fire station & hospital are causing problems, and I sleep w/ earplugs AND a fan on
- HIIT didn't happen because the elliptical I use was all full, and the old-style elliptical I signed up was the broken one that can't too high resistance Yea cruddy day.
Dosing: 35 mins pre-WO w/ 2 banana's, 100g Yogurt, 1 med. Orange Blended. Chased by a scoop of WPI (I forgot, that's how tired I was)
Energy: Smash wasn't able to overcome my fatigue, but I think it helped me atleast get to the gym, the 200mg atleast. Poor workout, but like stated this is due to lack of sleep. Hopefully I can get in a better night's rest and have a good day tomorrow.
Day 26: Deadlifts
BB Deadlifts 275x10,10,10,9,9,8,8,7,4,6 : I expected 10x10 but haven't done this volume in a while
Weight: 176 After pre-WO porridge, 300mL water w/ Reloaded, then a piss
-I wasn't impressed with my grip failing last week, so I dropped the deads 40lbs and went back to GVT
- my back felt slightly stiff before I entered the gym, still from the squats on Monday I believe
- Excellent sleep, took 3 Powerfull and only woke up once during the night. I fell asleep quickly even after dance until 11pm. Still slightly sleep deprived, felt a tad tired upon waking but much better than yesterday
- Mini coles notes for those of you just browsing occasionally: PRIME Results Thread
Fully Loaded Thoughts:
- Great energy, no jitteriness (Which I sometimes get from 200+mg caffeine) and zero fatigue despite waking up a bit sluggish in the morning
- Just my usual pumps, that is to say I got the blood flowing and could see veins but nothing unusual
Strength: - The GVT was something I haven't done in a while, but they went well
- I added 2g BA to Loaded and didn't even get tingles, which makes me suspect there isn't too much in the formula
Day 27- Cleans/Shrugs
Cleans 115; 3x5,6,6 : Felt Light, but 135 was too much after deadlifts yesterday. I find a narrow grip makes these easier
Shrugs 205; 4x10 Slow & Squeezing
DB Oblique Bends; 70; 3x10
EZ Bar Preacher: 75; 4x8
DB Incl Curls: 4x10
Mach Shrugs: 200; 4x10
Military Press 150; 4x8
Tricep Extensions; 70; 4x10
HIIT: 10 sprints, 25s on /55s rest
Weight: 176.5 post-piss
- I(nstant)OMS, especially in the upper traps from the cleans/shrugs
- Excellent sleep, woke up at 6:30 energized, had time for Oatbran before working out at 8. Thank you powerfull! 3 caps, and I don't want to take any more days off lol.
- Strength is pretty steady on most of these lifts, however I have noticed some nice back muscle development from starting cleans
- Moderate appetite, was expecting something huge after the HIIT
- Chest is finally loosening up a bit, the lower pecs felt a bit over-worked the last few days/sore/stiff
- Not noticing any extra hardness, however over the past few weeks some pants have been getting together around the waist region. I have been doing a little bit of ab work, but I feel like there is a fair % of that which is fat
I noticed I haven't been tantalizing you guys with pictures, but I swear I'm still eating lol So here's what today's diet looked like:
6:30 ~150mg 20% Corosolic Acid (May have been higher in this cap)
7:00 130g Oatbran, Frozen Strawberries, 1sc. WPI, 3 Orange Triad 3 Prime
8:00 20g WMS, 10g Sugars, Scoop WPC (Was feeling hypo)
9:20 3 Neovar 2.0, 3sc. Golden Finish (Using up a 2nd tub I bought, all out now actually. Rare occassion),
10:40 Sirloin Chili, 3 Prime, 3 FishOil, 2 WW Biscotti
1 2 Pieces Lasagna, 50g Ground Beef, Frozen Veggies, Pistachios, 30 Pistachios, Tsp Coconut Oil, 3 Fish Oil
3:30 2 Servings Turkey Meatloaf, 2 Carrots
5:30 Hamburger, 40 Pistachios, 3 FishOil, Frozen Veggies
8:30 Chicken Ceasar Salad, 30 Pistachios, 3 Prime, 3 Fish Oil, 3 Orange Triad
9:40: 3 Powerfull
10:20 Casein, 1.5tbsp Coconut Oil (This list is growing as I get hungrier now lol)
I never feel hungry when I go to sleep, however last night my metabolism was roaring from those 10x10 DL's, and was kind of hungry during the night.
Damn Steveo, talk about clockwork!!!
NSCA - CSCS
looking good bro, you seem to have everything timed to perfection, hope you can stop by on my log...
RUSSIANS PALO ALTO, LEVIATHAN ,ANABOLIC EDGE, INCARNATE,Phase 2 sponsored!!
Day 28- Rest :D
I have to admit I was looking forward to this day; I've worked myself into a 5-day rotation, with only 1 day off. I had some milk DOMS in my hams from the cleans which is interesting, this really hits my posterior chain as well as the upper traps.
Dinner was a potluck, and I'm feeling stuffed however most of it was veggies (nobody seems to like them, whereas I was in heaven lol) so I think it's mostly fiber. Chest and Back are up tomorrow
MAN, forgive me ! I would've been here sooner had I known it was yours !
.. regardless, I'm in for the latter half.
VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products
- My Quest To Reach 200 lbs. Is Officially In The Making!
Day 29: Back
BB Rows 135; 10,8,7,6 (First set felt deceptively light lol)
Triceps Extensions: 4x10
Rear Fly 4x10
Chinups: 4x Failure
Pullover 1x8 (Stopped b/c felt pain in lower left pec, still not recovered)
Captain Chair: 4x Exhastion
Cable Crunches; 4x15
IsoLat Machine Pulldowns: 3x10
Behind the neck Military Press: 4x10 (Saw this on Volcom's log)
HIIT: 6 sprints, 4 min. recovery after (Not enough energy)
Weight: 170.5 Post-Piss,
- Yesterday was an off day, therefore restricted myself to ~55g carbs. I had my Oatbran + Berries , and also 400mL water with Axis Fully Loaded). However I didn't take creatine yesterday, which may have made this weight drop more significant.
- I was pretty focused, however I didn't have the energy to finish some sets at the start of my workout
- I omited chest exercises after having my left pec feeling tight. I think I strained it 2 workouts ago, and haven't allowed it to fully heal. I did some Tricep work instead, and might go Chest on shoulders day
- Ran out of energy during HIIT, I subconsciously thought about "bonking" when you run out of glycogen, and for some reason I feel that was me! This could have been due to LG's4 Slin I took pre-WO. I had more carbs w/ the Fully Loaded (~20g, some WMS) which helped some I imagine. Post-WO I had 4 Slin, my oats, two yogurts and I felt a better. I guess I need to remember to have a larger breakfast. I've had a huge apetite all day though, this is great
- I'm like a kid at Christmas, I got a whole bunch of stuff I had ordered from NP and was waiting for me in Buffalo for a long time. Got some more bulk Leucine, BCAA's, Protein(Cinnabun & Syntha for my sis), Samples, the DCP/Sesamin/CLA (It's cutting time next!), ZMA, the list goes on
- I was going to do photos PWO but ran out of time, will take some tomorrow after legs
i see you have your meal plan laid out fairly detailed but what is the total macros and Kcals you consume?
Just crazy, I dont know what your portions look like but it seems you eat more then I do and still arent gaining! that should even happen fully natty lmk what your at...
how tall are you again?
Pre-WO Oatbran is 93-23g= 70g Net Carbs + ~20g Pre-WO powder, 47g PRO, 11g Fat. Cals= 659.
3 Scoops GF is 185 cal (25g CHO/20g PRO)
Chili+Cheese+Biscotti ~550 cals
Meatloaf + Carrots ~ 450
Chkn Ceasar ~450
I should up the portion size. I am bumping this up further, but I know my maintenance isn't that high, and I didn't do any cardio for something like 10 days there.
hmmm I take in more then that though.... I think if ramped correctly and you continue to wisely use your partitioners you could def be well served to bump those cals my friend....
Im taking in about +4000 right now, NEVER do cardio and not nearly as much from veggies for my carb source(breads, oats and noodles) and Im currently losing fat! These slin helpers are just amazing IMO.
More then anything I think youd be well served to use more whole proteins from food sources rather then a majority from casein... dunno though what works for me may not work for you... safest bet would be to just increase your portion sizes first then start playing with different sources if that doesnt go well.
Enjoying the log bro!!!!
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
mostly agree, but glad to see that its casein used for filler protein rather than whey
One more thing what dose are you running the melatonin at?
Day 30: Legs
Squats: 205x9,8,7,8 Slow & Deep (Well just below Parallel)
Front Squat: 155; 7,6,7,7 (Even Deeper)
Leg Press: 10 Plates ; 7,9,10,10,10 (+1 from last week), I wish it was 10 per side lol.
Cardio: 25 minutes Low-Intesity
Weight: 167.5 Don't shoot the messenger! I have no clue wtf is was so low today, it's a mechanical one so I can't blame it on the batteries. I had some pretty olympic bowel movements this morning, but still, damn !
- Epic determination during those leg presses. I did 7, then pushed myself to 9, then got to 10 three more times. After my 3rd set I almost passed out I was pushing so hard, got a pretty good headache after this. I added 45lbs, and I went super-deep (my knees were reaching my chest, was actually feeling a bit of discomfort in my ribs from them!).
- I wish I could attribute this to some pre-WO supp, but today all I had was some Earl Grey for my caffeine fix , I just f'ing gave it 110%. A bit more grunting than I would like, but there was only 3 guys in the gym on a Sunday morning
- Sleep was quite good on only GABA & 3mg Melatonin, only recall waking once
Pictures: Worth 1000 Words- 4 Weeks:
Weight Change So far: Hard to say
AFTER( Red Bracelet) ---> BEFORE
- the pre photo may have been post-Chest/Back Day, judging by the chest pump
Now for your opinion: It's been 4 weeks. I've got maybe 3 days worth left, should I extend this log and see what another 13 days @ 9caps/day will do? I haven't experienced any massive strength increases yet, although intensity has been up. I was eating either slightly above maintenance or around (+0 to 400 cals I'd estimate) but didn't experience much of a recomp, possibly due to me needing some more HIIT Cardio to shed fat. I miss my abs and plan on cutting soon, just trying to decide if I should prolong Prime.