Prime: Take 2
- 11-03-2008, 03:17 PM
- 11-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Tues Nov 4: Deadlifts
Deadlifts 135x5 225x5 315x5,5, 2
HIIT: 25s/50s x10, Level 19
- Really wanted to get 6 reps in on the deadlifts, just didn't happen. I believe I was sore from the previous day's DB Clean & Jerk, my back was slightly stiff
- Weight seems to be happy at 173 lol
- itching was going down; did some HIIT in a new luluelmon/athletic shirt and was feeling kind of itchy, but sleep is much improved
Wed Nov 5th = Rest
- not really rest b/c I'm so busy all day I have no time to go to the gym, but I need a rest day anyways
Nice job. I can't wait until my lame lumbar is strong enough to dead again. Good job, bud.
NSCA - CSCS
Did Chest/Back yesterday, legs in a few hours and will update this afternoon.
dude sorry I missed the bday notice! happy belated B-day bro!
glad to see the itching is going down... although slowly.
Thurs Nov 6- Chest/Back
1a) Weighted Dips (+30) 11,10,8, (8) - Sore Wrist, lack of warmup
1b) Pullups; 4x Failure
2a) Isolat Pulldown Machine 4x8
2b) Fly Machine: 3x9
3a) Single Dumble Row; 120; 4x8
4a) BB Decl 155; 3x9
4b) Face Pulls 3x8 + Hold
5a) DB Incl 75x8,7,6,6 (Wanted to improve more here, tired now though)
5b) BB Rows; 135; 4x8
Cardio: "Stairway to heaven" = Stairs + Pushups at the end of every level
- typing all that out, I realized how long that was lol, had some medium DOMS next day
- a friend wants to work out together, but our schedules don't line up
- Not too much of an increase in any lifts yet
What day are you on, Steveo?
I bought 2 bottles for a run. I am thinking about waiting until after Thanksgiving, though.
I also got a ton of IGF-1
Day 14: Fri Nov 7
BB Squats; 4x6
Leg Press: 4x10 (Deep)
Front Squat; 155; 3x5
BB Lunges 135; 3x6
DB Split Squat; 35's ; 3x7
Diff. Leg Press; 4x10
- weight seems stuck at 173, however my abdomen is feeling slightly chubbier/well padded, I don't feel like there's a recomp going on
- MAJOR DOMS , like woah, it hasn't been this sore in a long time
- did today's workout in 2 parts since the 1st time I only had an hour and some guy was asking me questions for a good 20 minutes. I don't mind helping , but he kept asking about everything!
2 Week Review
My Observations:Week 2
You'll continue to have awesome workouts. During these workouts you'll begin to feel an intense full-body muscle fullness and hardness.
…While it's a pump per say, it's very unique and unlike that from creatine, NO or other products.
In addition, the super-human recovery abilities will begin to kick in…
…Remember, most pro athletes use anabolic steroids to significantly increase recovery so they can train harder, longer & more frequently.
USPlabs Prime significantly speeds the muscle repair process, leading increase training intensity, volume & frequency.
-Haven't noticed any full-body pump/muscle hardness
- slight increase in vasculature at the end of the day
- I pushed myself really hard these last 2 workouts and got some heavy DOMS, which I like because it shows I worked hard
- I was training beforehand at a very high intensity/frequency, and have only kept it up
- odd rash has gone away, mild itching, removed nuts from diet as a precaution since Wed Nov 5th to isolate the problem
Day 15- Sat Nov 8
1a) Weighted Dips: (+35)- (8),8,7,2(5) - up from 30lb dumbell
BB Shoulder Press
Cleans 115; 5,6,5,6- I failed my October Goal of mastering them, but I'm going to work on it!
DB Arm Abduction
HIIT: 7 Sprints only
- I OD'ed on the banaba this morning lol, ended up with 250mg instead of 150 mg 20%, threw me for a loop. I was eating Jam with a spoon and concentrated acai/honey before my workout; I should have figured something was up.
- Took AP + 3 Neovar 2.0 PWO , and ate like mad lol. Ended up eating my usual pre and post-WO oatbran, then some lasagna, veggies and chicken chili
- I feel like my workouts are getting longer; My 60 minutes in the gym is easily turning into 80
- No massive strength boost, but I do feel like my volume has increased. Today my friend actually asked me how long I was at the gym, and I realized I was 75 minutes in! I usually aim for 60-75 minutes, time flew by.
Mini Update Before Deadlifts:
- I've noticed consistently over the last 3 days pretty severe DOMS. Even X-Factor which I didn't respond too didn't make me this sore! And the exercises are not new (except for the cleans yesterday). My tri's are killing me after just skull-crushers and the weighted dips. Cleans really did a number on my hams I think.
For learning cleans I'm following : The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Power Cleans | StrongLifts.com , if anybody knows a better guide let me know. I might video a few and get Volcom to help me.
Happy Belated Birthday Steve!! Logs lookn good man! Keep up the good work!
Body Performance Solutions
Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
Good log bro, nice to see honest views on prime, it does seem to be working for you, with cardio output, but possibly you will need more time to see the full effects?
I've been training very heavily for these past 2 weeks, and right now everything is sore (Last 3 workouts gave me severe DOMS) so I'm taking the day off tomorrow and making sure I get plenty of sleep. I know the itching has taken a toll on the quality of my sleep, which may be hindering my gains. I've been cycling 5/2 on Powerfull, and I can notice the difference when I take the 2 days off.
Day 16: Sun Nov 9
Deadlifts: 135x5, 315x8,5,3,2 : Went from 6-8, although I was tanked after that show lol
DB Preacher Curls 4x8
DB Obliques : 70 (+5); 8,7,7,7
HIIT Sprints: 9 Sets, Poorly done due to stiff hamstrings
- Happy to get those extra 2 reps on my deadlift. The last 2 times were poor showings, and this time with my fatigued posterior chain (b/c of cleans) I thought I was going to have a bad time. Actually it felt so light I could have done probably 10 if my grip didn't give out on me! Afterwards it felt regular, but the 1st lift was awesome.
- My friend impulse purchased some NO-Xplode yesterday, $70 for the 40 serving one. He was jittery from the caffeine. Luckily I've told him and his housemate about NP and he's going to be throwing in a big Xmas order
Nice job on the deads! I love to see deads progressing. It's one of the most legit PR's.
NSCA - CSCS
Day 17: Rest
From the desk of Steveo: Rest days are lovely. That being said, I was out of the house at 8 and didn't get home until 7 lol. Spent 1 hour waiting at the health clinic after getting itchy yesterday afternoon, only to get told exactly what I knew. It looked like a skin rash from clothing, take benadryl, and I got a stronger cream to apply.
And true to the "From the desk of Steveo" line, here's what it looks like. Today's Economist (Still haven't read last weeks lol, the fitness book I got out for my mom/sister but they weren't too scared by it, and an immunology textbook if I feel like working lol.
Day 18- Chest & Back
1a) Dips (+35) (8), 9, 7, (8)
1b) Pullups- 4x Exhaustion
2a) DB Incl 75x8,0,7 - Spotter didn't understand I needed help getting my left elbow up on 2nd set, he was listening to music
2b) Lat-Bar Pullovers 70;4x8
3a) BB Row 135;4x7
3b) DB Fly's 35; 4x10
4a) BB Flat 165; 4x5 (It's sad I know lol, I neglected this for ages for DB's and can press more that way + getting tired)
4b) Face Pulls - 4x Exhaustion
5a) T-Bar Rows- 45;4x8
5b) BB Decl; 155x12,10,8,(8)
- Feeling pretty exhausted after this workout, was long and brutal. My sessions are definitely lengthening without me trying to
- Having my friends spot me (except that failed DB Incl) lets me push harder than before
- Not too much progression today, but I pushed hard
- I will take some 3 week photos on Saturday to help assess where I'm at
Day 19- Legs
BB Squats: 4x7
BB Lunges: 135; 4x8
DB Split Squats; 4x5
BB Front Squats: 3x6 (deep)
Leg Press: 4x9
- quick and dirty 1 hr workout b/w class
- I was tired from getting to bed late the night before, had dance. Didn't take pre-WO stim b/c I don't want to get dependent on caffeine
- Had a surprisingly intense workout once I got there, good focus/training intensity
Day 20: Shoulder
Machine Shoulder Press: 255; 10,10,8,6
BB Shoulder Press 115x5, 105x6,4 (Up from 105 for 1st set b/c I couldn't find the damn 5 lb's lol)
BB Shrugs 205; 4x10 (Mind muscle pinch)
DB Tricep Extension on Bench; 4x10
V-Bar Preachers; 4x5
DB Obliques 70: 10,6 (Grip exhausted)
DB Incl Bi's; 35; 4x8
Dips: (+35) 6,6, (8)
(While making oatmeal) BW Chair Dips for Triceps; 3x Failure
That was a crazy hour! JP8 got me going.
- Prime is definitely making me SORE! I get DOMS after every workout, last week straight. I believe I am pushing myself harder without even trying
Random side notes: Tomorrow I run out of NOW Adam and will be switching to CL's Orange Triad. Also I finished the 1st bottle of Prime yesterday.
Lethargy is the last thing I feel on Prime. After I do one workout I look forward to the next. I know what you are talking about the doms though... immediate soreness directly after the workout and into the next day. I feel like a rock so I don't care about being sore... fuggit..
Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug