Prime: Take 2

Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. The ladies don't workout topless at your gym? I thought they did that at every gym.:chick:


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Clean as a whistle

    I wish I could work out topless; then I wouldn't have to worry about my shirt rubbing on my skin which causes the itchiness. I would let the ladies do it to to be fair

    I love working out topless, because i hate getting sweaty and having bacteria next to my skin, but i dont like people to think im showing off, so i dont do it.
    Hows the skin bro?
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    I love working out topless, because i hate getting sweaty and having bacteria next to my skin, but i dont like people to think im showing off, so i dont do it.
    Hows the skin bro?
    Pretty red/irritated. I think what it really needs is a few days to rest up, but I keep hitting the gym, and my exercise tops/HIIT sprints seem to aggravate it. Anyways outside of my Halloween costume tonight, I'm going to confine myself to my lifeguard shirts (Wife-beaters) and see how it goes. If no improvement by Monday I'll probably go to a dermatologist (Or more likely get an appointment 6 months in the future. Canadian healthcare )

  4. When I used to run I went to running room and picked up some soft cotton shirts that were good for not irritating the skin, maybe it's a matter of wearing the right material.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  5. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    When I used to run I went to running room and picked up some soft cotton shirts that were good for not irritating the skin, maybe it's a matter of wearing the right material.
    They're great shirts actually, I have a bunch of http://www.lululemon.com/products/me...cardio_ss_tech , which are designed for cardio. I think my 1st one though is "drying out" somehow, and that is what made me itchy. My more recent 3 are better. But my chest is itching like MAD, I think tonight is going to be a bad night; definitely taking melatonin. Got redness right across my chest; I'm debating taking 2 days off PRIME and seeing if I notice an improvement, or if that would waste the loading that I've just done.
    Also I just finished my reading of the djbombsquad log, I don't know how I missed that.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Come to mention it, although I am not very vascular by nature, I have noticed more than usual and I am seeing veins under my skin that I never saw before up near my shoulders. I wonder as I lean out if I will be seeing these pop out a bit.
    Me too - slowly moving up from my hands/forearms.

    Little bit more in the shoulders - but nothing 'popping' out yet.

    Part factor of shedding fat as well.

    Hope you get that itch sorted out. Look on the bright side - at least it hasn't hit your nutsack...
  7. Day 8- Chest & Back


    Foreward: Night after Halloween Drinking, 5 hours of sleep

    Workout:
    1a) Dips (+30lb) - 11,9,7(1),2(6) - 11 is new best, endurance dropped like a rock lol
    1b) Chinups- 4x Exhaustion (BW + Assisted some)
    2a) Low Rows 4x10
    2b) Machine Pec Fly 4x12
    3a) Incl DB; 75x4,7,6,5 (1st I stopped b/c footrest was sliding, but down from last week of 10/9/8/7)
    4a) DB Decl: 60; 4x8 Felt light, but no spotter for usual BB bench
    4b) Chins: 6x to failure (BW then Pulldowns)
    5: BB Rows 135; 4x8 (Went from ground not pegs, liked the full ROM)

    Will do pushups/BW Dips this evening

    Comments:
    - didn't drink too much, just sleep deprived
    - 1.5 serv. Ragnarok got me stimmed up, but lacked energy/endurance
    - insufficient carbs, must have depleted myself last night from all the walking, and didn't compensate my glycogen stores this morning, felt hungry 1/2way thru
    - Can't decide if I should have rested today and hit the gym tomorrow
    - I looked pretty ferocious in my wife beater @ the gym, surprised myself actually
    - Steveo hooked up, possibly for more than 1 night lol, I need to call her


    Jake thanks for the nutsack laugh I'm getting some hydrocortisone cream to help.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Foreward: Night after Halloween Drinking, 5 hours of sleep

    Workout:
    1a) Dips (+30lb) - 11,9,7(1),2(6) - 11 is new best, endurance dropped like a rock lol
    1b) Chinups- 4x Exhaustion (BW + Assisted some)
    2a) Low Rows 4x10
    2b) Machine Pec Fly 4x12
    3a) Incl DB; 75x4,7,6,5 (1st I stopped b/c footrest was sliding, but down from last week of 10/9/8/7)
    4a) DB Decl: 60; 4x8 Felt light, but no spotter for usual BB bench
    4b) Chins: 6x to failure (BW then Pulldowns)
    5: BB Rows 135; 4x8 (Went from ground not pegs, liked the full ROM)
    Will do pushups/BW Dips this evening

    Comments:
    - didn't drink too much, just sleep deprived
    - 1.5 serv. Ragnarok got me stimmed up, but lacked energy/endurance
    - insufficient carbs, must have depleted myself last night from all the walking, and didn't compensate my glycogen stores this morning, felt hungry 1/2way thru
    - Can't decide if I should have rested today and hit the gym tomorrow
    - Steveo hooked up, possibly for more than 1 night lol, I need to call her

    Jake thanks for the nutsack laugh I'm getting some hydrocortisone cream to help.

    Thassssss my boyyy!!!!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

  9. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Thassssss my boyyy!!!!
    I must digress, the rest was all just filler She's Ukrainian too though, so I could see this lasting for a while. Calling them the next day is always awkward

    Going to get some solid sleep tonight and hopefully blast my legs tomorrow. I think I'm going to write down my workout ahead of time, that way I know exactly how much I'm going to do and this should help me push myself a bit further.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Pretty red/irritated. I think what it really needs is a few days to rest up, but I keep hitting the gym, and my exercise tops/HIIT sprints seem to aggravate it. Anyways outside of my Halloween costume tonight, I'm going to confine myself to my lifeguard shirts (Wife-beaters) and see how it goes. If no improvement by Monday I'll probably go to a dermatologist (Or more likely get an appointment 6 months in the future. Canadian healthcare )

    Nasty, can i suggest something, you may know it already but its amazing,

    Get 2 cups of pure natural oats, put them in a sock or a nylon stocking, attach it to the tap..i think in america its a faucet, and run the hot water through it to fill the bath up, run the water slow so it takes a while to fill the bath up, and the water should look and feel slightly oily, or even soapy, now relax and soak, dont wash, no soap nothing for at least 20 minutes, repeat every day for a week, after leaving the bath tub, just gently dry yourself, being carefull not to rub the skin, or dry it totaly, i will promise you will see a difference within a week, a major improvement, if you can use a sunbed once a week that also helps as it slows down white blood cell production. over stimulation causes skin problems.

    Please try it, i told my sister in law about this after everything had failed, 2 weeks later it had gone alltogether.

    Much respect, and hope it goes well buddy.

    Russian

    BBII

  11. Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Nasty, can i suggest something, you may know it already but its amazing,

    Get 2 cups of pure natural oats, put them in a sock or a nylon stocking, attach it to the tap..i think in america its a faucet, and run the hot water through it to fill the bath up, run the water slow so it takes a while to fill the bath up, and the water should look and feel slightly oily, or even soapy, now relax and soak, dont wash, no soap nothing for at least 20 minutes, repeat every day for a week, after leaving the bath tub, just gently dry yourself, being carefull not to rub the skin, or dry it totaly, i will promise you will see a difference within a week, a major improvement, if you can use a sunbed once a week that also helps as it slows down white blood cell production. over stimulation causes skin problems.

    Please try it, i told my sister in law about this after everything had failed, 2 weeks later it had gone alltogether.

    Much respect, and hope it goes well buddy.

    Russian

    BBII
    Bath... oats... but where are the bubbles
    Actually Aveeno is formulated using oats ( AVEENO® Skin Care Products ), and I'm upping the ante with the hydrocortisone cream. I really like the idea of taking a bath though, it is something relaxing I haven't done in , I don't know years probably. Thanks for the suggestion!

    On a side note, I was reading about my rash and it's definitely some sort of irritant contact dermititis. I find it amusing how every single single tells you first and foremost not to itch, and yet all I want to do is scratch my skin off. It's a real willpower battle.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Bath... oats... but where are the bubbles
    Actually Aveeno is formulated using oats ( AVEENO® Skin Care Products ), and I'm upping the ante with the hydrocortisone cream. I really like the idea of taking a bath though, it is something relaxing I haven't done in , I don't know years probably. Thanks for the suggestion!

    On a side note, I was reading about my rash and it's definitely some sort of irritant contact dermititis. I find it amusing how every single single tells you first and foremost not to itch, and yet all I want to do is scratch my skin off. It's a real willpower battle.

    Thats why the bath is great, it takes away the itching, just try it a couple of times, i know it will help its a remedy used over here for for decades, and even the doctors tell you to do that first before trying any medication, hope it helps you, and you get it sorted soon.
    Keep that will power going bro, we are all behind you(no homo)

    Russian

    BBII
  13. Day 9- Legs


    - still slightly sleep deprived due to itching, but symptoms appear to be easing slightly

    Workout:
    Squats: 5,6,5,5,5,5,5,4,4,4 (10 sets. Planned on doing 4 or 5, but kept on going, GVT glory days lol)
    Leg Press: 440; 4x12 Slow (All the machine goes up to)
    15 Mins Cool-Down

    Comments:
    Hungry! Summarizes my PWO feeling. Had 2 Na-R-ALA and 3 Neovar 2.0, and I felt like there was a hole in my stomach. I finished my oatbran (See below), then plowed through 1lb of frozen veggies, some yogurt , chicken, and carrots
    - Strength was average, however endurance was great
    - Will assess DOMS tomorrow to see how hard I pushed myself
    - Weight was an anomaly; I weighed in at 170.5, and then halfway through my workout I checked and I was down to 165, I think something was up with the scale seeing as how I only increased my fluids (via BCAA's & Water) during that time

    I got inspired by a chocolate brownie recipe I saw, and made my PWO Oat-bran with 3 tbsp Cocoa, Dark Chocolate Stevia, Choc. PB Protein Powder, and 1c. of raspberries... Once the oat bran solidified but was still warm, I swear it was like a mushy brownie eaten with a spoon. This picture doesn't do justice, but alas



    I eat one of those pre-WO, and one post-WO usually. Got fiber? 200% RDA of Mg, and 67% of Zn (Absorption probably hurt by all the fiber though)

  14. Looks good... although, I like to mix in peanut butter instead of the cocoa.

  15. wait, you play music to your oats? is this a canadian thing?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    wait, you play music to your oats? is this a canadian thing?
    I use the sound vibrations to induce oscillations in the oatbran, thus cooking it to a level beyond comparison.... Why how do you cook your oatbran?

    Also Iron I might try the PB idea, however I try and limit the fats around my WO, and the oatbran already has something like 8g Might do it PWO tomorrow though.

  17. I usually add it in post.
  18. Day 10- Shoulders


    Couldn't get out of the gym, fantastic workout


    WOrkout:
    1a)Standing BB Shoulder Press : 105x7,9,9,8
    1b) Bench Leg Raises 3x12
    2a) DB Clean and Jerk 60;6.5,5,6,6 (Stayed at the heavier weight this week)
    3a) Face Pulls: 2x8
    3b) DB Shoulder Abduction: 4x10 (Never do these so very low weight)
    3c) Trap Shrugs 185 ; 4x10 (Dropped the weight, went for the squeeze)
    4a) DB Full Front Shoulder Raises: 20; 4x10
    5a) Military Press 4x8
    5b) Lat-Bar Pullover 70; 4x8


    Comments:
    Weight: 173.5 (Good bowel movement from the oatbran though)

    - Finally good solid sleep, itching is going down
    - Absolutely wired off of JP8 today, couldn't leave the gym, missed 10 minutes of class I got lost in time (75 min WO)
    - Going to be sore tomorrow!
    Happy 20th Bday to me Going to be a cheat birthday cake in today's diet!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    ...
    Comments:
    Weight: 173.5 (Good bowel movement from the oatbran though)
    ....
    Is there a statistically significant relationship between your weight (173.5) and "Good bowel movement from the oatbran"? . Nice log so far!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  20. Happy birthday your the same age as my son Kris. He just turned 20 in August...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug



  21. "Que Sabroso... Jessss"
    NSCA - CSCS

  22. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Is there a statistically significant relationship between your weight (173.5) and "Good bowel movement from the oatbran"? . Nice log so far!
    I think so, which is why I usually indicate my hydration status/other pertinent details when I weigh in. It helps me compare apples to apples when tracking my weight.

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Happy birthday your the same age as my son Kris. He just turned 20 in August...
    Thanks DW, glad to know there's a few of us oldies around

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post


    "Que Sabroso... Jessss"
    Spanish congratulations?

  23. How are you bro, hope everything is ok...Russian

  24. Im around here too!! I turned 20 in august as well. Us old timers gotta hold it down
  25. Tues Nov 4: Deadlifts


    Workout:
    Deadlifts 135x5 225x5 315x5,5, 2

    HIIT: 25s/50s x10, Level 19

    Comments:

    Weight= 173

    Comments:
    - Really wanted to get 6 reps in on the deadlifts, just didn't happen. I believe I was sore from the previous day's DB Clean & Jerk, my back was slightly stiff
    - Weight seems to be happy at 173 lol
    - itching was going down; did some HIIT in a new luluelmon/athletic shirt and was feeling kind of itchy, but sleep is much improved



    Wed Nov 5th = Rest
    - not really rest b/c I'm so busy all day I have no time to go to the gym, but I need a rest day anyways
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Log in
Log in