Prime: Take 2
- 10-30-2008, 09:05 AM
- 10-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Damn you Steveoph, I was just strolling thru your log and now I gotta get up and cook something cuz your pics and descriptions got my stomach rumblin'.
Nice log btw
10-30-2008, 01:43 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/11tbfkl.jpg) Don't get me wrong though; those busty babes are great motivators too
10-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Day 6- Shoulders
1a) Dips (+30) 10,8,7(2),7(3) - No improvement from last time
1b) Decline Abs: 4x10 Slow
2a) Standing BB Shoulder Press 105x6,6, 95x10,10 (Bumped it up for 1st 2 sets)
3a) Back Hyperextension DB Fly's- 15; 4x10 (Never tried before)
3b) Bench Leg Raises; 4x12
4a) DB Obliques 65; 10,10,9,8 ( Could have pushed harder)
5a) DB Clean and Jerk? 60x6,55x6,6,5 ( 4 weeks ago did 50, meant to bump up to 55 but did 60 by accident!)
HIIT: 9 Sprints, R=19 (Up 1), 25s Sprint, 50s Recovery
Weight: 155.25 , 400 mL H2O w/ JP8 30 mins preWO, and usual Porridge + oats + PSlin + 3PRIME 2 hrs pre-WO.
- moderate liquids
DOMS: Medium (Good sign, I don't usually have much DOMS). The lunges were killer as I really focused on the movement. Also the SLDL's did a number on my hams, as I expected. This is what I used to call a "Cheek Day" when I got DOMS every leg workout.
I diluted my lifts with comments. I made my HIIT sessions more intense, I keep dying out at 8 or 9th set with huge side pains, hopefully I'll be up to 10 sprints soon. I did R=18 for the longest time, so 19 is a bit harder.
- neck was itchy at night, fine from waking --> hit the gym, then got progressively itchier during my workout. I really think my athletic shirt is getting old and "dried out" it feels, and is partly due to my neck irritation. I'm going to try working out in big wife-beater shirts to see if this helps (No neck friction)
- no nuts is hard! 5 times already I've unconsciously dug way back to where I hid my pistachios and was ready to have some. Probably not the cause anyways, but I'm loading up on cheese instead
10-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Day 7 - Cardio
Deads 135x5,225x5,315x4,3, 0
Elliptical: 45 Minutes
Weight 173 , quite dehydrated
- one of those crappy workouts. I got back early from the kegger, tried to sleep at 11:30 and didn't fall asleep till 2:30ish because I was always itching and rolling over, insanely frustrating
- my hams were still sore from SLDL's, and the bar didn't budge on 3rd set so I decided atleast to do some cardio
- tiny cheat with a package of Reese's Pieces...mmm! What are you guys going to be having?
- going to another kegger tonight. Didn't drink last night b/c lots of class/stuff this morning, might drink tonight, it's Halloween afterall Maybe that will help me sleep
- feeling "pudgy" because for the longes time I had my bf% around 5-8. Now I'm feeling the need to cut, which I will do once I finish PRIME. I will continue to eat a caloric surplus to allow the muscle building properties of PRIME to shine
- no noticeable muscle hardening
Week 1: From Writeup
You will begin to experience the power of USPlabs Prime™ during your workouts…
Weight will begin to feel lighter than normal and you'll begin to have great workout after great workout - even on days you don't necessarily enter the gym with the highest amount of intensity or energy.
You will find the ability to "summons" strength almost at will…
You also may begin to notice the anabolic effects kicking in where you're whole body will begin to harden.
- decent workouts, nothing blowing me away yet. Today was poor, but was caused by other factors (Sleep mostly)
- no hardening yet, although unusual vascularity in my biceps at the end of the day once
- I can summon strength at will, as I use my brachialis to consume this green tea
Dosing Recap: 3 PRIME + PSlin PreWO Meal, 3 PRIME + AP Post-WO Meal, 3 PRIME w/ Dinner for 7 days.
Rest of Log: 6 PRIME/day, 2 instead of 3 per dose.
10-31-2008, 03:26 PM
10-31-2008, 03:37 PM
10-31-2008, 03:40 PM
10-31-2008, 03:42 PM
10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
10-31-2008, 03:58 PM
10-31-2008, 04:04 PM
10-31-2008, 04:13 PM
10-31-2008, 04:57 PM
When I used to run I went to running room and picked up some soft cotton shirts that were good for not irritating the skin, maybe it's a matter of wearing the right material.
10-31-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.lululemon.com/products/me...cardio_ss_tech , which are designed for cardio. I think my 1st one though is "drying out" somehow, and that is what made me itchy. My more recent 3 are better. But my chest is itching like MAD, I think tonight is going to be a bad night; definitely taking melatonin. Got redness right across my chest; I'm debating taking 2 days off PRIME and seeing if I notice an improvement, or if that would waste the loading that I've just done.
Also I just finished my reading of the djbombsquad log, I don't know how I missed that.
11-01-2008, 12:02 AM
11-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Day 8- Chest & Back
Foreward: Night after Halloween Drinking, 5 hours of sleep
1a) Dips (+30lb) - 11,9,7(1),2(6) - 11 is new best, endurance dropped like a rock lol
1b) Chinups- 4x Exhaustion (BW + Assisted some)
2a) Low Rows 4x10
2b) Machine Pec Fly 4x12
3a) Incl DB; 75x4,7,6,5 (1st I stopped b/c footrest was sliding, but down from last week of 10/9/8/7)
4a) DB Decl: 60; 4x8 Felt light, but no spotter for usual BB bench
4b) Chins: 6x to failure (BW then Pulldowns)
5: BB Rows 135; 4x8 (Went from ground not pegs, liked the full ROM)
Will do pushups/BW Dips this evening
- didn't drink too much, just sleep deprived
- 1.5 serv. Ragnarok got me stimmed up, but lacked energy/endurance
- insufficient carbs, must have depleted myself last night from all the walking, and didn't compensate my glycogen stores this morning, felt hungry 1/2way thru
- Can't decide if I should have rested today and hit the gym tomorrow
- I looked pretty ferocious in my wife beater @ the gym, surprised myself actually
- Steveo hooked up, possibly for more than 1 night lol, I need to call her
Jake thanks for the nutsack laugh I'm getting some hydrocortisone cream to help.
11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Going to get some solid sleep tonight and hopefully blast my legs tomorrow. I think I'm going to write down my workout ahead of time, that way I know exactly how much I'm going to do and this should help me push myself a bit further.
11-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Nasty, can i suggest something, you may know it already but its amazing,
Get 2 cups of pure natural oats, put them in a sock or a nylon stocking, attach it to the tap..i think in america its a faucet, and run the hot water through it to fill the bath up, run the water slow so it takes a while to fill the bath up, and the water should look and feel slightly oily, or even soapy, now relax and soak, dont wash, no soap nothing for at least 20 minutes, repeat every day for a week, after leaving the bath tub, just gently dry yourself, being carefull not to rub the skin, or dry it totaly, i will promise you will see a difference within a week, a major improvement, if you can use a sunbed once a week that also helps as it slows down white blood cell production. over stimulation causes skin problems.
Please try it, i told my sister in law about this after everything had failed, 2 weeks later it had gone alltogether.
Much respect, and hope it goes well buddy.
11-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Actually Aveeno is formulated using oats ( AVEENO® Skin Care Products ), and I'm upping the ante with the hydrocortisone cream. I really like the idea of taking a bath though, it is something relaxing I haven't done in , I don't know years probably. Thanks for the suggestion!
On a side note, I was reading about my rash and it's definitely some sort of irritant contact dermititis. I find it amusing how every single single tells you first and foremost not to itch, and yet all I want to do is scratch my skin off. It's a real willpower battle.
11-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Thats why the bath is great, it takes away the itching, just try it a couple of times, i know it will help its a remedy used over here for for decades, and even the doctors tell you to do that first before trying any medication, hope it helps you, and you get it sorted soon.
Keep that will power going bro, we are all behind you(no homo)
11-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Day 9- Legs
- still slightly sleep deprived due to itching, but symptoms appear to be easing slightly
Squats: 5,6,5,5,5,5,5,4,4,4 (10 sets. Planned on doing 4 or 5, but kept on going, GVT glory days lol)
Leg Press: 440; 4x12 Slow (All the machine goes up to)
15 Mins Cool-Down
Hungry! Summarizes my PWO feeling. Had 2 Na-R-ALA and 3 Neovar 2.0, and I felt like there was a hole in my stomach. I finished my oatbran (See below), then plowed through 1lb of frozen veggies, some yogurt , chicken, and carrots
- Strength was average, however endurance was great
- Will assess DOMS tomorrow to see how hard I pushed myself
- Weight was an anomaly; I weighed in at 170.5, and then halfway through my workout I checked and I was down to 165, I think something was up with the scale seeing as how I only increased my fluids (via BCAA's & Water) during that time
I got inspired by a chocolate brownie recipe I saw, and made my PWO Oat-bran with 3 tbsp Cocoa, Dark Chocolate Stevia, Choc. PB Protein Powder, and 1c. of raspberries... Once the oat bran solidified but was still warm, I swear it was like a mushy brownie eaten with a spoon. This picture doesn't do justice, but alas
I eat one of those pre-WO, and one post-WO usually. Got fiber? 200% RDA of Mg, and 67% of Zn (Absorption probably hurt by all the fiber though)
11-02-2008, 10:50 PM
11-02-2008, 10:52 PM
wait, you play music to your oats? is this a canadian thing?
11-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Also Iron I might try the PB idea, however I try and limit the fats around my WO, and the oatbran already has something like 8g Might do it PWO tomorrow though.
11-02-2008, 11:07 PM
11-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Day 10- Shoulders
Couldn't get out of the gym, fantastic workout
1a)Standing BB Shoulder Press : 105x7,9,9,8
1b) Bench Leg Raises 3x12
2a) DB Clean and Jerk 60;6.5,5,6,6 (Stayed at the heavier weight this week)
3a) Face Pulls: 2x8
3b) DB Shoulder Abduction: 4x10 (Never do these so very low weight)
3c) Trap Shrugs 185 ; 4x10 (Dropped the weight, went for the squeeze)
4a) DB Full Front Shoulder Raises: 20; 4x10
5a) Military Press 4x8
5b) Lat-Bar Pullover 70; 4x8
Weight: 173.5 (Good bowel movement from the oatbran though)
- Finally good solid sleep, itching is going down
- Absolutely wired off of JP8 today, couldn't leave the gym, missed 10 minutes of class I got lost in time (75 min WO)
- Going to be sore tomorrow!
Happy 20th Bday to me Going to be a cheat birthday cake in today's diet!
11-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Product Educator | USPowders
Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
11-03-2008, 02:32 PM