Prime: Take 2

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Prime (120 caps) By: USPLabs

I originally beta tested this back in February (Brief review http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/102453-ordered-prime-who.html#post1510395 ), however I didn't notice much in the way of results. I didn't log it unfortunately, however this time it's going to be different.

Before and after pics will follow. I might post my 1RM on deadlifts and squats/bench, but they're not very impressive lol. I've been doing 10x10 (GVT) since late July, and focus on form over weight.

Brief background:
University student (med school bound hopefully), busy as heck but I still try and workout 5x/week. Training for past 7 years, roughly last 3 seriously. Former soccer/rugby player, with endurance running experience. Not enough time for long runs, so I hit the weights instead.

Stats:
Weight: 172
BF %: 12 (Estimate, getting higher)
Height: 6'0

Diet:
Carbs around workout, no shakes unless working out before 8:30 AM class.
Pre-WO meal (60 mins before) 125g Steelcut Oats, Whey, 0.5c Berries
Post-WO meal: Same, or Chicken Wrap, Chicken Stew... High Carb and Pro, no fat

Rest of meals are fat + protein + Veggies (Fish, Chicken, Beef, 4 Egg Omelets...etc duh!) Also 1tbsp Coconut Oil/day min.

Training:
- been doing 10x10 GVT for past 3 months, will probably switch to a new program on this log

Supplements:
Creatine Mono + Beta Alanine
Protein (Various)
NOW Adam
Vit. C, D, CoQ10, Calcium, Garlic, 2g ALCAR, Green Tea + GSE
Fish Oils (3g EPA & DHA combined/day)
Get Diesel's JP8 when needed
1-Carboxy, GABA + IGF-2 + Melatonin (Various combos Prebed)

Dosing: 1st Week= 9 Prime/Day, then 6 Prime/Day.

I'll tantalize you guys with some meal photos along the way. PRIME dosing will be 9 caps to load for the 1st week, then 6/day cruise. I have 2 bottles of prime, so that is... 35 days with no days off or 52 with 5on/2off, but I might go all out. PRIME will be taken with PSlin pre-WO meal, post-WO meal, and later during the day. I have taken 2 weeks off PSlin to resensitize myself (was losing the effects). I welcome any training suggestions/advice since lately I've found myself not pushing myself to the max at the gym unless I used JP8. I was going to run DTH+Sunami first, but due to an extended family emergency, I'm unable to pick up my supps from Buffalo for a few weeks, so I'm going to run this beforehand.

Just waiting for the thumbs up for Jacob/Kent on the PRIME/PSlin dosing protocol, then I'll get this started. (Colour coded to make things easier)

Week 1: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/106970-prime-take-2-a-4.html#post1625258
Week 2: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/106970-prime-take-2-a-5.html#post1638653

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First IN!
Looking forward to your second go at it!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In on this one Steve - good luck mate.

BTW - are you only running one bottle? Would serious recommend 2 as a minimum - esp. if you're going to front laod.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In on this one Steve - good luck mate.

BTW - are you only running one bottle? Would serious recommend 2 as a minimum - esp. if you're going to front laod.
Good point, I'll update my OP. Will be doing 2 bottles. If I get hooked on it though, I'll have to drive over to Mullet's place and get some more :woohoo:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
niiiiiice!!! Ive been waiting for this one for a lil bit!!!

and sorry to steal the thunder and go OT so fast but IL!!!! DUDE!!!

WHEN did you come on board the IBE team!!! Did I miss an announcement??? havnt checked the forums for a couple hours but WTF!!! NIIIIICE!

Welcome welcome brother!

PS... again really excited to see how this goes for you Steve ;)
you dosing the bulk Pslin??

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
niiiiiice!!! Ive been waiting for this one for a lil bit!!!

and sorry to steal the thunder and go OT so fast but IL!!!! DUDE!!!

WHEN did you come on board the IBE team!!! Did I miss an announcement??? havnt checked the forums for a couple hours but WTF!!! NIIIIICE!

Welcome welcome brother!

PS... again really excited to see how this goes for you Steve ;)
you dosing the bulk Pslin??
Just heard the news myself in the IBE forum.

Also Jacob sent me some regular PSlin to work with, but you can bet I'll be picking up some bulk PSlin on my next NP order! I've got plenty of experiments in mind, same with Focus Dirt.

prime it up steve!
Thanks Hank!

Also seeing as how I have an immunology exam tomorrow, and anatomy exam Friday, I don't want to start this at half-pace. I might hit this up starting Saturday morning.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in for this broskioskioski :dance:

Prime (120 caps) By: USPLabs

I originally beta tested this back in February (Brief review http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/102453-ordered-prime-who.html#post1510395 ), however I didn't notice much in the way of results. I didn't log it unfortunately, however this time it's going to be different.

Before and after pics will follow. I might post my 1RM on deadlifts and squats/bench, but they're not very impressive lol. I've been doing 10x10 (GVT) since late July, and focus on form over weight.

Brief background:
University student (med school bound hopefully), busy as heck but I still try and workout 5x/week. Training for past 7 years, roughly last 3 seriously. Former soccer/rugby player, with endurance running experience. Not enough time for long runs, so I hit the weights instead.

Stats:
Weight: 172
BF %: 12 (Estimate, getting higher)
Height: 6'0

Diet:
Carbs around workout, no shakes unless working out before 8:30 AM class.
Pre-WO meal (60 mins before) 125g Steelcut Oats, Whey, 0.5c Berries
Post-WO meal: Same, or Chicken Wrap, Chicken Stew... High Carb and Pro, no fat

Rest of meals are fat + protein + Veggies (Fish, Chicken, Beef, 4 Egg Omelets...etc duh!) Also 1tbsp Coconut Oil/day min.

Training:
- been doing 10x10 GVT for past 3 months, will probably switch to a new program on this log

Supplements:
Creatine Mono + Beta Alanine
Protein (Various)
NOW Adam
Vit. C, D, CoQ10, Calcium, Garlic, 2g ALCAR, Green Tea + GSE
Fish Oils (3g EPA & DHA combined/day)
Get Diesel's JP8 when needed
1-Carboxy, GABA + IGF-2 + Melatonin (Various combos Prebed)

I'll tantalize you guys with some meal photos along the way. PRIME dosing will be 9 caps to load for the 1st week, then 6/day cruise. I have 2 bottles of prime, so that is... 35 days with no days off or 52 with 5on/2off, but I might go all out. PRIME will be taken with PSlin pre-WO meal, post-WO meal, and later during the day. I have taken 2 weeks off PSlin to resensitize myself (was losing the effects). I welcome any training suggestions/advice since lately I've found myself not pushing myself to the max at the gym unless I used JP8. I was going to run DTH+Sunami first, but due to an extended family emergency, I'm unable to pick up my supps from Buffalo for a few weeks, so I'm going to run this beforehand.

Just waiting for the thumbs up for Jacob/Kent on the PRIME/PSlin dosing protocol, then I'll get this started. (Colour coded to make things easier)
wow it arrived quickly!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome, Steveoph! Looking forward to the rest of the ride! :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in for this broskioskioski :dance:
Hey hey! :cheers:

wow it arrived quickly!
Somebody told them I wanted it fast! Happened with some ATW protein as well. They shipped it out Thursday evening, and it got to my door Monday morning :fool2: Meanwhile I've had packages never make it to Canada at all, I think customs gets their hands on them.

Awesome, Steveoph! Looking forward to the rest of the ride! :)
Thanks Ike! Looking forward to having your guidance on board.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few more days :)

So what's the worst Niacin flush you've experienced? This morning it's hard to say how much I took (probably 600mg I'd guess), and you can see some pics of me with a massive body-rash.

And Jake I failed you, I was too lazy to put some fresh garlic into my omelet. But next time, for sure! I make one every day anyways, if any1 is curious what's in it:

4 XL Eggs
1 c. Egg White
2/3c. Milk

Inside: Sauteed Mushroom, Peppers, Zucchini, Onions, Ham (Kolbassa), Garlic (sometimes lol), Cheese

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mmm looks good :food:

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A few more days :)

So what's the worst Niacin flush you've experienced? This morning it's hard to say how much I took (probably 600mg I'd guess), and you can see some pics of me with a massive body-rash.
:think: wharz da piks????

I wanna see a welted up steve!!! lol.

I like/hate the niacin flush, just enough is cool, too much is just plain killer and want it to go away.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:think: wharz da piks????

I wanna see a welted up steve!!! lol.

I like/hate the niacin flush, just enough is cool, too much is just plain killer and want it to go away.
Lol I forgot to link to the thread in NN, http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/107034-swell-shake-well.html .

Also I weighed in at 170.5 after some serious bowel movements lol.

Strength Assessment: Deadlift
135x5
225x5
315x3,6,4

I had been working out at 275 10x10 for a while. I thought I might be able to pump out a few more than 6 at 315, but I'm still happy with that.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck Steve, I am on day 6 and I really feel it. I think I am a hyper responder.

Reading your logs always makes me hungry. If I was still in T.O. I would be at your door plate in hand...

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
you rock man... nice food pics!

good luck with everything!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you rock man... nice food pics!

good luck with everything!
Your melog got me started. Now I've got a massive collections of my food from the past few months. So now you mention a food I've eaten lately, and bam here's some chicken, salmon and salad for you:cheers:

Good luck Steve, I am on day 6 and I really feel it. I think I am a hyper responder.

Reading your logs always makes me hungry. If I was still in T.O. I would be at your door plate in hand...
My omelets bring all the boys to the yard..... Wait I didn't just say that ;)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Droools on keyboard

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My omelets bring all the boys to the yard..... Wait I didn't just say that ;)
Yah that would be euff for you to swear off eggs....:rofl:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright 3rd weight in : 172.5, with not too much food in me. So Average over the past 3 days is about 171.5+ .

I didn't do a straight up Upper Body strength Assesment, however here's today's 60min. workout. If you're worried about me fudging numbers, look carefully at the weights I'm posting lol. I focus on form, and leave my ego at the door.

1a)Weighted Dips (+30 lbs) 10,8,7,7
1b) ChinUps (5,5,4,4+3) - very weak, I rarely work on these
2a) Incl DB 70; 10,9,10,10
2b) Face Pulls; 8,8,8,8 (With Hold at end)
3a) Incl DB Fly's: 30x14,12,11,10
3b) Lat-Bar Pullovers 70x10,8,8,7
4a) BB Flat Bench 165x5,155x5,5,4 (Pretty f'ing tired by now lol)
4b) BB Rows- 135x8,8,8,8

HIIT Sprints, 8 sets of 30s/60s. (Pushed too hard, couldn't get in the last 2 sprints).

Pics:

IF THERE'S ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO INCLUDE/COMMENT ON, I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude, your face is something only a mother could love! :ntome:

HaHaaa! Just a j/k.
I'm glad to hear that you would rather have proper form, than numbers that are not real. I hate seeing people do swinging curls, bench presses that they let the bar bounce off of their chest, etc.
Keep at it, man!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ARE YOU THE ELEPHANT MAN?!?! :eek: haha jk lookin good bro

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Curious to see if things change this time around. I only ran one bottle and did really enjoy it. It did help me out alot. Towards the end I was getting really bad acne which I think woudl have prevented me from running two bottles, but I think the seconf bottle would have been the big hitter for me.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Curious to see if things change this time around. I only ran one bottle and did really enjoy it. It did help me out alot. Towards the end I was getting really bad acne which I think woudl have prevented me from running two bottles, but I think the seconf bottle would have been the big hitter for me.
I'm curious for the guys that go on test boosters and start getting acne. How many times do you shower / wash your face? Just curious, because even TNT or DTH never really made me break out.

crazym

Awards
Activate extreme has been giving me a few face and body zits, dosed at 6 caps a day, shower twice a day and wash face an extra time out of shower, so i dont think its a hygiene issue.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Activate extreme has been giving me a few face and body zits, dosed at 6 caps a day, shower twice a day and wash face an extra time out of shower, so i dont think its a hygiene issue.
Thanks for the reply. I hope nobody gets offended, but I've never heard anybody talk about talking about the facial hygiene + acne from test boosters in the same sentence. It's hard to think that everybody that got acne had poor facial hygiene, but I was just trying to avoid making any conclusions.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My son did experience some increased acne on prime as well, I think some will and some won't. I'd take a little acne with the gains he got.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1: Legs

- Took PSlin 10 minutes before 1c. of Oatbran, 1 sc. WPI, Frozen Berries, 3 Prime
- Didn't feel hungry until about 1hr after my PWO meal (with 3 Prime), kinda hungry this afternoon though
- Took an AP instead of PSlin PWO b/c I was still digesting Pre-WO meal, so I only had about 40g carbs
- Digestion was slow, I had a NOW Adam burp while doing cardio after my workout !
- I took Volcom's advice and did
I do a brutal shocker on occasion, but it doesn't last for 60 min. It's the 30 rep, 1 min squat stretch for 3 consecutive sets routine and repeated twice for calves. One on the seated calf raises and the other on the standing.

Squat Variation
- Place two 25lbs plats on the ground. Heel on the weight, toes touching the floor.
- Grab 40lbs Db's.
- Perform 30 grueling reps
- Following the completion of the 30 reps, immediately drop down into a squatted position and remain in that position for 1 minute.
- Following the completion of the 1 min stretch, go directly into a second set of 30 reps.
- 1 min squat
- Go directly in the the 3rd and final 30 reps
- 1 min squat

Calves Variation
- Use 45lbs and a 25lbs plates on the seated calf raise.
- Perform 30 reps
- Following the completion of the 30 reps, immediately allow your calves to stretch. The weight of the 45/25 will hold your calves in that deep, static contraction, hold for 1 min.
- Go into your second reps of 30
- 1 min stretch
- Third reps of 30
- 1 min stretch

Perform the same Calves variation on the standing calf raise. Either pigeon toe inward or outward, to emphasis a different of the calves.

What's the point?
If using the proper weight, preferably somewhat heavy, and performing this kind of volume, at the end of the 30 reps, your muscle fiber (take the quads) will be fighting to shorten and contract. However, while you're in the squatted position, you're withholding your muscle fiber's reaction to contract, so it continually pulls and creates a perpetual, minute long contraction. Some people's muscle will react to this stretch, some won't. If you're in the won't group, then don't do this, you'll be wasting your time. If you're in the group that does respond to the stretch, then it'll be the worst three sets of your life, especially with calves.

These are NOT more effective then standard heavy squats, but a good mix up to severely shock the system.

You can practice this same technique with chest. Use 135lbs, press it 30 times and hold a 5lbs weight on each hand to anchor down a deep, crucifix stretch for 1 min, then next 30/1 min stretch/last 30/1 min stretch.
- Painful! 40lb DB's was way to much, I had to cheat for the 60s just to make 50s and hold myself up
- finished up with 3x20 Leg Press & Abs, then 25 mins cardio

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting workout big guy...I'm following along :D :D

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Subbedadabblepopabuffalo

Im in, hope to see some results, how will your front load bro, what dosage will you use for that buddy? Russian

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Ooops posted 2 times sorry guys..very gay of me.

Last edited:
Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2- Back, Shoulders, Triceps

Deadlifts 315x5,5,4,3
2a) Standing BB Shoulder Press 95; 4x10
2b) BB Shrugs 225; 4x9
EZ Bar Curls + DB Tri Extensions
Dips; 4x Fail

Comments:
- 3 PRIME before & post-WO.
- PSlin didn't make me hungry like it used to :(
- for some reason the BB Shoulder Press was very tiring, I haven't done it in months
- Deadlifts are up a bit, but they felt heavy and I didn't make 6 reps like before
- The weather sucks... rain for 4 days
- I think I should drop the single bi/tri exercise and make a whole 4th day out of it, so I can really hit them hard.

Taking my 3rd dose of PRIME isn't finalized. I'm debating between taking 1 cap with my last 3 meals of the day, or all at once later on. I don't take in any carbs other than veggies, so there won't be any PSlin involved (Since I have the caps and not the bulk stuff). I do have some 20% Corosolic Acid that I can alternate with the PSlin to see how it compares, if anybody is curious ;)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting workout big guy...I'm following along :D :D
Thanks DG, although I reserve the title big guy for people like Trip, Shadow and Volcom among others lol. They've got years and many pounds on me, but I'm determined to push my body to it's growth capacity!

Subbedadabblepopabuffalo

Im in, hope to see some results, how will your front load bro, what dosage will you use for that buddy? Russian
9 caps, split into 3 doses of 3/day for 7 days. 1st and 2nd dose are my solid pre and post-WO meals. Pre is w/ PSlin, and usually Oatbran + some extra carbs (WW Bread, Fruit, etc). PWO is AP or PSlin, depends on amount of carbs.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would think the 3 caps at once would be better. Thats just me though.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I hit the motherlode. A friend of mine runs a conference, and they had probably 1/3 the expected delegates with food pre-order, so they knew who to turn to with the extra veggies/salad! I got 2x of these , lol.

Also I weighed in today at 174.5, but I had my oats, + White Flood + Water, and had eaten TONS of veggies/food the day before. Tomorrow is a rest day, but I'll see what I tip in at on Tuesday. I've added an extra meal into my diet to add some cals, I'm around 3200 I'd estimate.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lookn good bro! Pics are lookn good!:food:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

9 caps, split into 3 doses of 3/day for 7 days. 1st and 2nd dose are my solid pre and post-WO meals. Pre is w/ PSlin, and usually Oatbran + some extra carbs (WW Bread, Fruit, etc). PWO is AP or PSlin, depends on amount of carbs.
Nice!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That veggie meal looks like one of my precontest grazing fests... except I wasn't allowed carrots...