Prime: Take 2

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by pmiller383 View Post
    Possibly dry skin Steve? I get pretty bad dry skin when the weather starts to change like it has in our area lately and I get a horribly itchy back from it.
    Hmmm, I have some awesome Shea butter that I use on my hands. Not Dsade's magic body stuff, but I'll try that. Thanks for the idea That's why I put it out there , I figured somebody would have seen something like it. Plus I want to eat pistachios again

2. I like that macros breakdown website Steve.

Got my bulk PSlin arriving today - amped!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    I like that macros breakdown website Steve.

Got my bulk PSlin arriving today - amped!
    My 20% Banaba rolled in as well. I'm going to give PSlin a bit more time, then I'll do a comparison. I'm not too sure how I will be dosing it, will probably do 200mg doses, to get 40mg of CA. But I'll have to cap it to get accurate dosing because my scale is only good to 0.1g.

Also Pmiller you're a genius! No more itching! If I had waited a few more days I probably would have had some skin flaking and given it away, but this is much better. I'm going to demolish my remaining stash of pistachios in your honour

4. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    A few more days

So what's the worst Niacin flush you've experienced? This morning it's hard to say how much I took (probably 600mg I'd guess), and you can see some pics of me with a massive body-rash.

And Jake I failed you, I was too lazy to put some fresh garlic into my omelet. But next time, for sure! I make one every day anyways, if any1 is curious what's in it:

4 XL Eggs
    1 c. Egg White
    2/3c. Milk

Inside: Sauteed Mushroom, Peppers, Zucchini, Onions, Ham (Kolbassa), Garlic (sometimes lol), Cheese

That's awesome, I LOVE omelletes!
    NSCA - CSCS

5. good work..heep it up.. I'll check back to see how it goes

6. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post

Rainy and dreary, 3rd day straight here. I got drenched on the way to the gym to do my legs on Saturday lol. I finally finished Don Quixote which I started back in August. I finished 70% then school started; read the last 30% in the last 2 days. Now I'm deciding between Robinson Crusoe, finishing The Hounds of Baskerville (From Sir Arthur Conan Doyle), or Friedman's Hot, Flat and Crowded.

Nice, big time reader? I am still working on a Thousand Splendid Sons, and then have Angels & Demons and The Science of God to read.

7. Can you stop posting all this tasty food, damm, i feel hungry again now, its costing me a fortune on food following your cookery book log with added prime.

8. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Nice, big time reader? I am still working on a Thousand Splendid Sons, and then have Angels & Demons and The Science of God to read.
    Both are excellent reads.

9. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    The former 2 were good reads, haven't read the 3rd. A thousand splendid suns wasn't as good as kite runner, but still an enjoyable read. This summer I got through Huckleberry Fin & Tom Sawyer,both fantastic if you haven't read them already.

To keep russian's hunger down I won't post a pic (It's devoured already anyways) but I made a jumbo burrito. I brown Xlean Beef w/ Onions, Garlic & Peppers. Add some beans and corn, then freeze them in baggies so I've got like 10 wraps. I did double the insides + salsa +sour cream + cheese, grilled on the George Foreman.... scrumptious!

Day 4 CHest & Back
    1a) Incl. DB Press 75; 10,9,8,7
    1b) Face Pulls; 4x8 + Hold
    2a) DB Fly's 35; 4x9
    2b) Chin-Ups 4x Fail
    3a) Dips (+30) 7,6 (2),(7),(7)
    3b) Wide Grip Lat Pullovers 60; 4x6
    4a) BB Decl; 9(1),8(2),7(3)
    5a) Mach. Bench
    5b) Low Row

HIIT: 2 hours later
    Comments:
    Weight: 174.25
    - Upon waking I had NaRALA, 1.7 JP8, Swell, 20g WPI, 30g Fast Carbs, 20oz water (Very rough guess)
    - The 2 lb weight gain since starting PRIME was pretty immediate. On the other days, I would attribute this to PSlin + my porridge, which is quite massive causing a bit more glycogen/water storage. This morning it may have been water weight, however I may have put on a little bit of muscle. I'm probably 13% bf or higher now, so I did some HIIT at noon to boost the metabolism

I switched the order of my Incl DB & Weighted Dips. So the former went better, and the latter went worse due to fatigue . #'s in () mean decreased weight, either body weight of spotter-assisted to get in the last few reps.
    - The HIIT was amazing. My muscles had plenty of carbs from a massive PSlin + Porridge + Yogurt PWO meal. Bump up the intensity level from 18-19, and also pushed alot harder.
    - Still itching like mad, but moisturizing seems to help, therefore this log is now a PRIME + Aveeno log

10. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    The former 2 were good reads, haven't read the 3rd. A thousand splendid suns wasn't as good as kite runner, but still an enjoyable read. This summer I got through Huckleberry Fin & Tom Sawyer,both fantastic if you haven't read them already.

To keep russian's hunger down I won't post a pic (It's devoured already anyways) but I made a jumbo burrito. I brown Xlean Beef w/ Onions, Garlic & Peppers. Add some beans and corn, then freeze them in baggies so I've got like 10 wraps. I did double the insides + salsa +sour cream + cheese, grilled on the George Foreman.... scrumptious!

Day 4 CHest & Back
    1a) Incl. DB Press 75; 10,9,8,7
    1b) Face Pulls; 4x8 + Hold
    2a) DB Fly's 35; 4x9
    2b) Chin-Ups 4x Fail
    3a) Dips (+30) 7,6 (2),(7),(7)
    3b) Wide Grip Lat Pullovers 60; 4x6
    4a) BB Decl; 9(1),8(2),7(3)
    5a) Mach. Bench
    5b) Low Row

HIIT: 2 hours later
    Comments:
    Weight: 144.25
    - Upon waking I had NaRALA, 1.7 JP8, Swell, 20g WPI, 30g Fast Carbs, 20oz water (Very rough guess)
    - The 2 lb weight gain since starting PRIME was pretty immediate. On the other days, I would attribute this to PSlin + my porridge, which is quite massive causing a bit more glycogen/water storage. This morning it may have been water weight, however I may have put on a little bit of muscle. I'm probably 13% bf or higher now, so I did some HIIT at noon to boost the metabolism

I switched the order of my Incl DB & Weighted Dips. So the former went better, and the latter went worse due to fatigue . #'s in () mean decreased weight, either body weight of spotter-assisted to get in the last few reps.
    - The HIIT was amazing. My muscles had plenty of carbs from a massive PSlin + Porridge + Yogurt PWO meal. Bump up the intensity level from 18-19, and also pushed alot harder.
    - Still itching like mad, but moisturizing seems to help, therefore this log is now a PRIME + Aveeno log

Im really stoked to see just how much you can put on with this combination..i wonder if aveeno is anabolic?
    Sounds like your having fun as always with the pslin..cant
    wait for my bulk...good luck bro.

Russian
    •   

11. Nice pressing man. I've read Huckleberry Fin in HS and enjoyed it. I also agree that Kite Runner was a bit better than A Thousand Splendid Suns, although it is interesting to read about the women's side of things.

12. Lookin good Steve!! (Cable guy lisp voice)
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

13. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Lookin good Steve!! (Cable guy lisp voice)
    thoooooo, what are you trying to thay?
    Last edited by VolcomX311; 10-28-2008 at 05:21 PM.
    NSCA - CSCS

14. Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Im really stoked to see just how much you can put on with this combination..i wonder if aveeno is anabolic?
    Sounds like your having fun as always with the pslin..cant
    wait for my bulk...good luck bro.

Russian
    I'll be picking some bulk PSlin up on my next order if it's still in-stock. Experimenting with the 20% CA should be fun as well. I just wish I had a 0.01g scale right now for the dosing.

And I'm still itching, I'm hoping it's just dry skin by there were some red spots. I'll give my skin a few days with the moisturizers and see if it gets better, but it's pretty f'ing annoying. I just want to scratch all day lol. Reminds me of Baloo from the Jungle Book.

It's terribly dry and cold the air; it's actually snowing/flurries right now, but low humidity.
    Tonight
    Rain changing to snow at times heavy and blowing snow early this evening. Snowfall amount 10 to 15 cm(3.9 to 5.8 in). Wind northwest 40 km/h (25 mph) gusting to 60 km/h (37 mph). Low -1C(30F).
    Come on over, it's a party up here!

EDIT: I just realized I Put my weight down as 144.2 WTF, you guys are all sleeping on me

15. lol LIGHT WEIGHT!!!

thats funny... at least YOU caught it.

Prime: lose 30lbs over night as you itch off your entire epidermis! LOL.

16. So when you took it the first time around did you take it pre and post or through out the day?

Right now, Im doing 3 early morning, 3 mid day, then three hours later I workout, and 2 more pills about 2 hours after wo.

It's getting kinda odd for me because Im taking DTH which i CAN NOT TAKE within 1.5hrs of any food or I take 6-7 trips to the bathroom; however, the PRIME i take with food, so the dosing schedule is odd, especially since I wake up at 3:30 am 5 days a week.

Thus far, this is my third week, and started 8 e/d this week which is very much a noticeable difference than the six pills 5 days a week the first 2 weeks.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

17. following along steve. Nice food options!

In for the massive gains!

18. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    So when you took it the first time around did you take it pre and post or through out the day?

Right now, Im doing 3 early morning, 3 mid day, then three hours later I workout, and 2 more pills about 2 hours after wo.

It's getting kinda odd for me because Im taking DTH which i CAN NOT TAKE within 1.5hrs of any food or I take 6-7 trips to the bathroom; however, the PRIME i take with food, so the dosing schedule is odd, especially since I wake up at 3:30 am 5 days a week.

Thus far, this is my third week, and started 8 e/d this week which is very much a noticeable difference than the six pills 5 days a week the first 2 weeks.
    Dosing: Was 3 PRIME + PSlin w/ Breakfast (PreWO. 65g Complex Carbs, 20g Simple)
    3.5 Hours Later: 3 PRIME + AP + 60g Complex Carbs.

Today was a bit different, did 2 pre-WO w/ JP8 shake, 2 PWO w/ PSlin, then 2 post-HIIT session w/ AP. And final 3 were with the last meal of the day (now!)

19. Pertinent Observations:
    My chest is itchy, and becoming redder from the scratching. Several distinct patches of redness in chest/arm area, with some red dots down on my abdomen.

When assesing redness/swelling in the mirror (No I don't have the self-posing & admiring syndrome) I noticed both my bicep veins (basilic I believe) pretty dilated/ "pumped". The weird thing is I worked out 13 hours ago, haven't eaten anything in ~4 hours, and it's FING Freezing with snow on the ground! I'm the first to say the NO/pump products are bs, however I felt that this was a very surprising observation that is most likely due to PRIME.

Also due to the worseing (allergic?) reaction, I will cut out nut products 100% for the next few days, continue moisturizing and will report back.

20. Found your secret hiding place! All caught up, and in for the ride!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Dosing: Was 3 PRIME + PSlin w/ Breakfast (PreWO. 65g Complex Carbs, 20g Simple)
    3.5 Hours Later: 3 PRIME + AP + 60g Complex Carbs.

Today was a bit different, did 2 pre-WO w/ JP8 shake, 2 PWO w/ PSlin, then 2 post-HIIT session w/ AP. And final 3 were with the last meal of the day (now!)
    Well, monday, I did 8 prime and 5 dth and the w/o was phenomenal, to say the least.

On certain lifts, Im already back to where I was before my month layoff, odd to me, but great none the less..and Im only 2.5 weeks into the run.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

22. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Found your secret hiding place! All caught up, and in for the ride!
    Thanks for joining in Shadow Your reward? A picture of the scrumtious salad I'm just polishing off.

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    Well, monday, I did 8 prime and 5 dth and the w/o was phenomenal, to say the least.

On certain lifts, Im already back to where I was before my month layoff, odd to me, but great none the less..and Im only 2.5 weeks into the run.
    Glad to hear you had a solid workout! The weight didn't feel easy today,but I noticed myself digging deeper, pulling out a few more reps w/out any JP8.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Thanks for joining in Shadow Your reward? A picture of the scrumtious salad I'm just polishing off.
    Yay! I just had a salad myself. And chicken and pasta too. And an apple. And now I'm eating a protein bar.
  24. Day 5- Legs

Workout: Legs
    BB Squats: 4x5
    Class for 2 hours
    BB Lunges; 4x6 (Poor form, I haven't worked on these consistently and 135 felt heavy after those squats)
    Stiff-Leg Deadlifts: 4x8 (Haven't done in 2 months)
    Machine Squat & Leg Press
    15 Min Elliptical Cooldown

Comments:
    Weight= 172.5 - very dehydrated (Morning was messed up). After my Xtend + water PWO I weighed 175.5

-I avoided calf work because I got some stress fractures back in October from them + my old shoes, so taking it easy.
    - Timing didn't work out. I had porridge at 8:30, was planning on hitting the gym from 10:20-11:30, ended up getting there at 11:15. Did the squats then class, then came back and finished up.
    - Weights felt heavy as usual, however I was pleased with how far I was "digging deep" and getting in those last few reps. No pre-WO supps at all today, just 6 prime scattered around the workouts w/ PSlin/AP
    - bit the bullet and put in an order at NP. Staple restock (BCAA's, Leucine, ZMA, Sesamin, Fish Oils) and impulse bought some DCP & Gut Health (Which might be usuless since my GI tract seems robust already). Also got 150g of GSE since it's discontinued. Missed the testofen
    - My neck got VERY itchy during the 15 mins of cardio, and afterwards before my shower I had a lovely red ring around my neck, as if I'd been throttled. Felt OK for 3 hours after my shower + moisturizer, but I'm itching again now.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Yay! I just had a salad myself. And chicken and pasta too. And an apple. And now I'm eating a protein bar.
    I polished off one of these angus sirloin burgers (I made about 50 in late august, I think I'm down to my last dozen) http://i36.tinypic.com/6zc68n.jpg

25. Man, I hope your skin situation clears up soon.
    I find it odd; however, the human's individual set points are quite different from person to person - so anything is possible.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Man, I hope your skin situation clears up soon.
    I find it odd; however, the human's individual set points are quite different from person to person - so anything is possible.
    Yea I've got a good layer of this Aveeno stuff on me, so much that I can't scratch because my fingers slide lol BUT I"M STILL FING ITCHY UNDERNEATH! GAH!

27. the weird thing is that you didnt get this reaction during your beta run correct???

I mean the ingredients didnt change, just the dose size.

28. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    the weird thing is that you didnt get this reaction during your beta run correct???

I mean the ingredients didnt change, just the dose size.
    Maybe it's the strength?

29. so overall status on prime?

30. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Maybe it's the strength?
    I know had slightly dry skin last year, but with moisturizing the itchiness never bothered me this much. Perhaps with the 6x weaker strength it didn't affect me as much. I've definitely started losing sleep from the itching, hopefully this clears up in a few days. Or I might take the recommended 2 days off PRIME and see what happens, although I'd rather keep going strong on PRIME.
    I'm not a quitter though, so if there's a way to keep this PRIME run going, I will try it. I'm hoping my body adjusts to this change in weather conditions and I stop feeling like a scratching post.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2131 View Post
    so overall status on prime?
    5 days in, nothing crazy although on day 4 I noticed some vasularity at the end of a freezing cold day, over 14 hours after working out without even looking for anything which surprised me. I just wanted to see why I was so f'ing itchy!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ordered 4 Prime twin packs and get 4 prime?
    By Ubiyca in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 02:57 PM
  2. Prime Time with USPlabs! Without the Prime!
    By lbarber in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 10:59 AM