Prime: Take 2

Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    LOL that would look cool.
    I did it back before my X-Factor log. Mission X-Factor, Weapon = Napalm , looking back I've put on alot of mass (and fat too though) since May. I tend to cut down too much before summer.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    LOL that would look cool.

    yes it would. You already have photoshop, may as well
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I did it back before my X-Factor log. Mission X-Factor, Weapon = Napalm , looking back I've put on alot of mass (and fat too though) since May. I tend to cut down too much before summer.
    haha funny shi1t
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

  4. Curious to see if things change this time around. I only ran one bottle and did really enjoy it. It did help me out alot. Towards the end I was getting really bad acne which I think woudl have prevented me from running two bottles, but I think the seconf bottle would have been the big hitter for me.

  5. I figured this was log worthy; In another omelet discussion thread I decided to find the macro's on my omelet. Scary this is I ate this + veggies 90 minutes ago and I'm hungry, going for another meal. Thinking salmon



    Also wtf, only a 2.5/5 for weightgain Well since we're entering 4 star territory for fat loss, load up on the omelets folks! Get those 1k+ mg cholesterol!

    Site: Nutrition facts, calories in food, labels, nutritional information and analysis – NutritionData.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    Curious to see if things change this time around. I only ran one bottle and did really enjoy it. It did help me out alot. Towards the end I was getting really bad acne which I think woudl have prevented me from running two bottles, but I think the seconf bottle would have been the big hitter for me.
    I'm curious for the guys that go on test boosters and start getting acne. How many times do you shower / wash your face? Just curious, because even TNT or DTH never really made me break out.

  7. Activate extreme has been giving me a few face and body zits, dosed at 6 caps a day, shower twice a day and wash face an extra time out of shower, so i dont think its a hygiene issue.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by crazym View Post
    Activate extreme has been giving me a few face and body zits, dosed at 6 caps a day, shower twice a day and wash face an extra time out of shower, so i dont think its a hygiene issue.
    Thanks for the reply. I hope nobody gets offended, but I've never heard anybody talk about talking about the facial hygiene + acne from test boosters in the same sentence. It's hard to think that everybody that got acne had poor facial hygiene, but I was just trying to avoid making any conclusions.

  9. My son did experience some increased acne on prime as well, I think some will and some won't. I'd take a little acne with the gains he got.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  10. Day 1: Legs

    - Took PSlin 10 minutes before 1c. of Oatbran, 1 sc. WPI, Frozen Berries, 3 Prime
    - Didn't feel hungry until about 1hr after my PWO meal (with 3 Prime), kinda hungry this afternoon though
    - Took an AP instead of PSlin PWO b/c I was still digesting Pre-WO meal, so I only had about 40g carbs
    - Digestion was slow, I had a NOW Adam burp while doing cardio after my workout !
    - I took Volcom's advice and did
    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I do a brutal shocker on occasion, but it doesn't last for 60 min. It's the 30 rep, 1 min squat stretch for 3 consecutive sets routine and repeated twice for calves. One on the seated calf raises and the other on the standing.

    Squat Variation
    - Place two 25lbs plats on the ground. Heel on the weight, toes touching the floor.
    - Grab 40lbs Db's.
    - Perform 30 grueling reps
    - Following the completion of the 30 reps, immediately drop down into a squatted position and remain in that position for 1 minute.
    - Following the completion of the 1 min stretch, go directly into a second set of 30 reps.
    - 1 min squat
    - Go directly in the the 3rd and final 30 reps
    - 1 min squat

    Calves Variation
    - Use 45lbs and a 25lbs plates on the seated calf raise.
    - Perform 30 reps
    - Following the completion of the 30 reps, immediately allow your calves to stretch. The weight of the 45/25 will hold your calves in that deep, static contraction, hold for 1 min.
    - Go into your second reps of 30
    - 1 min stretch
    - Third reps of 30
    - 1 min stretch

    Perform the same Calves variation on the standing calf raise. Either pigeon toe inward or outward, to emphasis a different of the calves.

    What's the point?
    If using the proper weight, preferably somewhat heavy, and performing this kind of volume, at the end of the 30 reps, your muscle fiber (take the quads) will be fighting to shorten and contract. However, while you're in the squatted position, you're withholding your muscle fiber's reaction to contract, so it continually pulls and creates a perpetual, minute long contraction. Some people's muscle will react to this stretch, some won't. If you're in the won't group, then don't do this, you'll be wasting your time. If you're in the group that does respond to the stretch, then it'll be the worst three sets of your life, especially with calves.

    These are NOT more effective then standard heavy squats, but a good mix up to severely shock the system.

    You can practice this same technique with chest. Use 135lbs, press it 30 times and hold a 5lbs weight on each hand to anchor down a deep, crucifix stretch for 1 min, then next 30/1 min stretch/last 30/1 min stretch.
    - Painful! 40lb DB's was way to much, I had to cheat for the 60s just to make 50s and hold myself up
    - finished up with 3x20 Leg Press & Abs, then 25 mins cardio

  11. Interesting workout big guy...I'm following along

  12. Subbedadabblepopabuffalo

    Im in, hope to see some results, how will your front load bro, what dosage will you use for that buddy? Russian

  13. Ooops posted 2 times sorry guys..very gay of me.
    Last edited by russianstar; 10-25-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Because i double posted like a looser.

  14. Day 2- Back, Shoulders, Triceps

    Deadlifts 315x5,5,4,3
    2a) Standing BB Shoulder Press 95; 4x10
    2b) BB Shrugs 225; 4x9
    EZ Bar Curls + DB Tri Extensions
    Dips; 4x Fail

    Comments:
    - 3 PRIME before & post-WO.
    - PSlin didn't make me hungry like it used to
    - for some reason the BB Shoulder Press was very tiring, I haven't done it in months
    - Deadlifts are up a bit, but they felt heavy and I didn't make 6 reps like before
    - The weather sucks... rain for 4 days
    - I think I should drop the single bi/tri exercise and make a whole 4th day out of it, so I can really hit them hard.

    Taking my 3rd dose of PRIME isn't finalized. I'm debating between taking 1 cap with my last 3 meals of the day, or all at once later on. I don't take in any carbs other than veggies, so there won't be any PSlin involved (Since I have the caps and not the bulk stuff). I do have some 20% Corosolic Acid that I can alternate with the PSlin to see how it compares, if anybody is curious

  15. Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Interesting workout big guy...I'm following along
    Thanks DG, although I reserve the title big guy for people like Trip, Shadow and Volcom among others lol. They've got years and many pounds on me, but I'm determined to push my body to it's growth capacity!

    Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Subbedadabblepopabuffalo

    Im in, hope to see some results, how will your front load bro, what dosage will you use for that buddy? Russian
    9 caps, split into 3 doses of 3/day for 7 days. 1st and 2nd dose are my solid pre and post-WO meals. Pre is w/ PSlin, and usually Oatbran + some extra carbs (WW Bread, Fruit, etc). PWO is AP or PSlin, depends on amount of carbs.


  16. I would think the 3 caps at once would be better. Thats just me though.

  17. Well I hit the motherlode. A friend of mine runs a conference, and they had probably 1/3 the expected delegates with food pre-order, so they knew who to turn to with the extra veggies/salad! I got 2x of these , lol.


    Also I weighed in today at 174.5, but I had my oats, + White Flood + Water, and had eaten TONS of veggies/food the day before. Tomorrow is a rest day, but I'll see what I tip in at on Tuesday. I've added an extra meal into my diet to add some cals, I'm around 3200 I'd estimate.

  18. Lookn good bro! Pics are lookn good!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    ...

    9 caps, split into 3 doses of 3/day for 7 days. 1st and 2nd dose are my solid pre and post-WO meals. Pre is w/ PSlin, and usually Oatbran + some extra carbs (WW Bread, Fruit, etc). PWO is AP or PSlin, depends on amount of carbs.
    Nice!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  20. That veggie meal looks like one of my precontest grazing fests... except I wasn't allowed carrots...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  21. Day 3 - Off Day

    Comments:
    - a bit sore from deads, not as bad as last time
    - DOMS wasn't that intense after Volcom's workout, but I think I cheated a bit too much . I'm going to practice my wall sits, and I'm sure I can take the pain up a few levels
    - I know lots of people are looking for comparison, therefore at the end of every week I will do a summary, and also let you know how I feel compared to the claims made on the PRIME Write-up
    - I had a few caps last from the Beta , so I'm making a pseudo-scientific comparison
    And now , for your pleasure,

    OLD VS NEW PRIME PHYSICAL COMPARISON

    Weight: New: 735 mg Old: 860 mg
    Taste: Terrible
    Appearance: See Below
    Effectiveness: Assessment In Progress




    It's hard to tell via pictures (The full size can be found here ,http://i33.tinypic.com/2mdmd04.jpg) but guess which one is which! In real life, I could tell that one was a smidge browner, but very similar. As you know, the new one has 6x the steroidal saponins.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    [B]...- I know lots of people are looking for comparison, therefore at the end of every week I will do a summary, and also let you know how I feel compared to the claims made on the PRIME Write-up
    - I had a few caps last from the Beta , so I'm making a pseudo-scientific comparison
    And now , for your pleasure,

    OLD VS NEW PRIME PHYSICAL COMPARISON

    Weight: New: 735 mg Old: 860 mg
    Taste: Terrible
    Appearance: See Below
    Effectiveness: Assessment In Progress
    ...
    It's hard to tell via pictures (The full size can be found here ,http://i33.tinypic.com/2mdmd04.jpg) but guess which one is which! In real life, I could tell that one was a smidge browner, but very similar. As you know, the new one has 6x the steroidal saponins.
    Interesting attention to detail, there! I remember those all-green capsules, but had no clue anyone still had any beta-capsules left!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  23. Very hard to tell! Jacob would guess better than I, but I would say the left pile is the Production Run!

  24. I think the right-hand pile is the final product. Just guessing, though, as I have not seen/used the final product yet! The beta-version capsules are on the right-hand side of the picture, so the powder on the right-hand pile is likely to be the final product, otherwise, the powder-capsule association (same capsule and powder both on right-hand side) would be too obvious.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

  25. wall sits huh? i haven't done those in a long time.
    they are painful.
    i just finished a routine where i did statics finish my workouts. wow, was i hurting!

  26. Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I think the right-hand pile is the final product. Just guessing, though, as I have not seen/used the final product yet! The beta-version capsules are on the right-hand side of the picture, so the powder on the right-hand pile is likely to be the final product, otherwise, the powder-capsule association (same capsule and powder both on right-hand side) would be too obvious.
    Would I make it that easy? Hmmm lol. So far it's 1 and 1 in the voting. I had some lying around because I didn't notice much from the beta and so I didn't finish of the bottom of the bottle (was about 6 caps)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    wall sits huh? i haven't done those in a long time.
    they are painful.
    i just finished a routine where i did statics finish my workouts. wow, was i hurting!
    I was thinking wall sits would help me hold myself for the 60s "Squat Position" hold after the 30 reps, which is excruciatingly painful. This is like 5 minutes from hell.

  27. Awesome stuff bro, and thanks for the advice on the front load, what would the difference be between taking 3 caps all at once or spacing them out?
    Great log Russian

  28. Nice workout Steveo, how's everything going?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by russianstar View Post
    Awesome stuff bro, and thanks for the advice on the front load, what would the difference be between taking 3 caps all at once or spacing them out?
    Great log Russian
    Splitting it up would be for something where we want a pseudo time-release effect (i.e. Divanil), but if the goal is to spike plasma levels for a compound, then obviously all 3 at once. By taking 3 with my pre-WO meal and 3 with my post-WO meal with PSlin, the actives in Prime should be targeted towards my muscles.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Nice workout Steveo, how's everything going?
    Rainy and dreary, 3rd day straight here. I got drenched on the way to the gym to do my legs on Saturday lol. I finally finished Don Quixote which I started back in August. I finished 70% then school started; read the last 30% in the last 2 days. Now I'm deciding between Robinson Crusoe, finishing The Hounds of Baskerville (From Sir Arthur Conan Doyle), or Friedman's Hot, Flat and Crowded.


    Odd reaction: Since Saturday I've noticed some redness/itchiness. I'd cry wolf and say my nipples are itchy, but it's my whole chest and neck, and even on my legs a little. And it's not just a Niacin flush from SWELL in the morning lol. I will wake up in the middle of the night and itch like crazy; actually I've lost a mild amount of sleep due to waking up, itching and not being able to fall asleep due to discomfort. And itching makes it worse, lol. I haven't changed anything in my diet. I've cut out any and all nuts for the last 2 days, but still itching. Washed all my bedsheets, clothes, etc, still sitting here itching lol. I'm not jumping the gun and saying it's PRIME, I'm going to try and evaluate my diet and other factors further. Definitely visible red bumps around my neck though.

  30. Possibly dry skin Steve? I get pretty bad dry skin when the weather starts to change like it has in our area lately and I get a horribly itchy back from it.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ordered 4 Prime twin packs and get 4 prime?
    By Ubiyca in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-25-2009, 01:57 PM
  2. Prime Time with USPlabs! Without the Prime!
    By lbarber in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Log in
Log in