Gut Health Post Antibiotic Recovery

1. Unbreakable

Gut Health Post Antibiotic Recovery

I recently ran a four week course of Levaquin for an acute bacterial postatitis infection. If you are at all familiar with Levaquin you would know that it is a pretty potent antibiotic. Because of this my intestinal flora is likely in need of support.

Week one (last): 3 caps - equally spaced.

Week two (present): 2 caps

Week three: 2 caps

Week four: 1 cap throughout end of bottle (~26 days)

My primary concern is that from experience I will develop constipation and a back up of my intestinal tract after the use of antibiotics.

So far I am seeing a normal to improved regularity without any additional fiber supplementation. Additionally stool consistency is more "healthy" in appearance and volume which is a good sign as well.

This product is a no brainer for this application as all research suggests the Lactobacillus Casei KE-99 is THE probiotic.

This product is convenient to take and very affordable. I am happy and satisfied thus far.

Gut Health (75 Capsules) By: RPN
    Life is a terminal condition.

2. I've been real interested In the benefits GUT HEALTH may actually have on your body. I got a bottle on the way from RPN so I'll post up some feedback also on it. Good luck with this man.
    •   

3. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Week one (last): 3 caps - equally spaced.

Week two (present): 2 caps

Week three: 2 caps

Week four: 1 cap throughout end of bottle (~26 days)
    I am contemplating backing down to 1 cap daily this week instead of continuing one more week at 2 caps daily. I'm thinking it may be unnecessary.
    Life is a terminal condition.

4. Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I am contemplating backing down to 1 cap daily this week instead of continuing one more week at 2 caps daily. I'm thinking it may be unnecessary.
    Great to see you're having such great succes brian! You really should not need more than 7 days max of loading to effectively produce colonization of the Ke-99 probiotic bacteria, even after a heavy course of antibiotics.

I agree that 1 cap/day from here on out should be adequate maintenance dosing to continue to provide sufficient colonization.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

Similar Forum Threads

1. Post workout/Recovery?
    By KillaK2010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:15 PM
  2. All New Recovery/Post-Workout Recovery Formula!!!
    By ScottyDoc in forum Finaflex-Redefine Nutrition
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2010, 01:42 PM
  3. Post Workout Recovery
    By Smallone in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 09:48 PM
  4. m1t post cycle recovery
    By mass_builder in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 02:07 PM
  5. need help with post cycle recovery