Taking Buffery to the Next Level (Sponsored White Flood Log)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I am coming off of 2 months of hypertrophy focused lifting. Prior to that I was tri-setting and super setting everything with an intent to gain strength while eating at sub-maintenance levels to recomp. Now I continue my hypertrophy focused lifting until the end of December in which I will decide from there what I will do next.

Before

This is the first time I have ever flexed for a picture, and it looks like I don't even know how to do it right. Lol. So, please don't make too much fun of me. I tried taking the after picture in the same way that I did my before picture so it would be as fair as possible. If you have any tips for me on how to flex correctly, please do share. I'd like to flex correctly so I can really look for real progress between pictures.

I will use:
Neovar (old school version)
MVP/ZMK

Other than that, the white flood will be the only supplement I use. I have had some experience with BA so I am somewhat versed in its effects. I want to see how the other ingredients will work with the BA.

I currently weigh 167.7

Those of you interested, you can see what I've done for the past month in my signature (Bulking with CRE-02).

Wish me luck!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 1: Monday 10/20/08 Shoulders/Chest/Tris

D.B. Military (Unilateral)
60x10 +5 lbs from last week! PR

Upright Row (Smith Machine)
135x15 +3 Reps from last week!
135x15 +2 Reps from last week!
145x10 +2 Reps from last week!
145x10 +2 Reps from last week!

Incline Barbell Bench
195x5 +1 Rep from last week!
205x2 +1 Rep from last week! PR
205x2+1 +1 Rep from last week! PR

Tricep Pull Down
75x8 +5 lbs from last week! PR

Today I dosed 2, 2, then 4 P/W. Next time I will dose 8 P/W. I can handle the tingle. :) Other than the PR's I noticed increased sweating. Not much else just yet.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
You ask for some log buddies u got them..lol, Ill post the link up 2marrow to my WF log.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know Im in man! Lookn beefy!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
That's what I'm talking 'bout. Now we have a party.

Thanks Met and Deuce!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 3: Wednesday 10/22/08 Lats/Bis/Back

Lat Pull Down (Wide)
160x12 +2 Reps from last week

Lat Pull Down (Narrow)
160x8 +10 lbs from last week

Barbell Row
135x12
135x12
135x12
135x12 +2 reps from last week

BB Curls
60x12
60x8

This was my most intense workout of the year. I was really angry and just seriously going nuts everywhere. My focus was great. I think this is because I took all 8 of the pills PW. Big difference from 2/2/4.

I switched my DB curls to BB curls because I felt like I was stagnating and not getting good results. Now, I repped less! Can someone help me out, wtf? I did boost all other things though.

Great pump today and great energy. Also vascularity made my nipples hard. Holla.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like good things are happening! Keep it up bro!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I just don't know what to do about the bicep workout. I'm stagnating hardcore.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
you probably repped less with BB curls than with DB curls because even though you get better ROM with all DB exercises, it's also easier to cheat on curls with DB's than a BB.

Next week for Bi's, take either the BB or DB and stand with your back straight against the wall and do curls. That will tell you where you're at for sure.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Barbell Row
135x12
135x12
135x12
135x12 +2 reps from last week

For some reason I thought that said 135lbs barbell curls, and i was like WTF! You're not on no kind of white flood, you're on that white juice, but then i realized it was rows.

Anyway, keep up the improvements :cheers:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Nice workout bro. x2 what the Deuster said

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
It has stuck. From now on, you are the Deucester! I'll try your advice. I'll try anything at this point. My BIs are one of my weaknesses but I won't give up on making them grow and get stronger.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
It has stuck. From now on, you are the Deucester! I'll try your advice. I'll try anything at this point. My BIs are one of my weaknesses but I won't give up on making them grow and get stronger.
Check it for sure. You'll probably rep less early on...but as you progress, you'll start gaining faster and you'll know that it's your bi's themselves pulling the weight. At that position, you really can't allow any other part of your body to help out.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 5: Friday 10/24/08 Legs

Squat
215x10 +2 Reps from last week!

Leg Ext
110x15 +3 Reps from last week!

Leg Curls
60x12
60x12
60x12

Calve Raises on Leg Press
275x15 +50 lbs from last week!

I love what white flood does for my workouts. It's not a stimmed out feeling, but it's like a complete anger session. I think I'm going to start adding more volume now, although I still feel gains, I think I can now optimize by adding more.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Geeze, PR City up in herrrr. Good job man!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Guys, I have decided to go on a 4 day split now. I have done the 3 day split the last two months, and now I feel (specially with the addition of white flood) that I can easily add another day of lifting and see positive results from it. I will need to eat more now, but that's what bulking is all about!

I would like yall's opinion on how I should go about adding another day by splitting up other days, or what I should do for another day of lifting each week. Also, I will be doing Monday's workout today because I was on the road all day yesterday (10 hours).

If I don't get some input by the time I go to the gym, I will just do whatever I feel at the moment in regards to the split and the possibility of changing Monday's workout.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make it a specialized touch up day, posterior delts, traps, forearms.... or do some HIIT, which White Flood is also primed for.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I'll try that this week. What are some of your favorite posterior delt movements?

To be honest, I'm afraid of HIIT. Lol, I have pulled so many damn muscles that I damn near have had enough of it.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll try that this week. What are some of your favorite posterior delt movements?

To be honest, I'm afraid of HIIT. Lol, I have pulled so many damn muscles that I damn near have had enough of it.
- Bent Over Db Reverse Flies #1
- Pronated Grip Db Rows
- Cable Cross Over, Reverse Flies
- One Arm, Pronated Db Flies
- One Arm, Pronated Cable Rows #2

Pronated simply means overhand grip.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 9: Tuesday 10/28/08 Shoulders/Chest/Tris

D.B. Military (Unilateral)
60x10
60x10
60x10
60x10

Upright Row (Smith Machine)
145x13 +1 Rep from last week!
155x10 +10 lbs from last week PR!
155x10 +10 lbs from last week PR!
165x5 +20 lbs from last week! PR

Incline Barbell Bench
195x5
195x5
195x5

DB Front Raises (Unilateral)
25x10 Extra Exercise
25x10
25x10

DB Lateral Raises
20x10 Extra Exercise
20x10
20x10

Tricep Pull Down
75x15 +7 Reps from last week!
75x12 +4 Reps from last week!
75x10 +2 Reps from last week!
75x10 +2 Reps from last week!

I had the pills after I ate so I didn't get the anger in the gym today. Today was a good and bad day for different reasons. Bad because I didn't improve on the lifts that I really want to improve in. I credit this to the fact that last week I worked overtime every day and ate probably close to UNDER maintenance. Good because I was still able to improve on some lifts, I saw some sick vascularity today, more noticeable thickness to my shoulders, and I ripped the **** out of my tricep exercise.

I will eat like a monster this week. Next week will be better.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
So, I had BJJ yesterday and I had increased endurance and an easier time breathing than most times while rolling.

Bad news however, I have aggravated my right knee. I'm so ****ing annoyed at it, I feel like just letting it completely tear so I can have surgery on it.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
So, I had BJJ yesterday and I had increased endurance and an easier time breathing than most times while rolling.

Bad news however, I have aggravated my right knee. I'm so ****ing annoyed at it, I feel like just letting it completely tear so I can have surgery on it.

i've felt like that a few times now. I had a real bad crash on my right knee a few years back and now sometimes it acts up at the worst times. Leg day, in the middle of playing tennis or football, sprints...etc.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
What was/were your specific injury/injuries?

This BJJ is an anti-knee sport. The knee is a beautiful work of art in terms of mechanics, but not for this sport.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
the local hospital here has people working in it with degrees that are just about on par with the mental patients they have on the 6th floor of the establishment...let me start by saying that.

They called it a deep sprain with severe contusion. This is the same place that said the same exact thing about the top of my foot a year earlier and I came to find that the bone in my foot had actually broken. So yeah...I don't think it was just a sprain/bruise to my knee. It never healed properly and I was in a cast that covered most of my leg for 3 months.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Did they take x-rays and mri's and all that good stuff? I would consider taking your knee somewhere else man. You don't want to be in a wheel chair by the time you are 50, you know?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Did they take x-rays and mri's and all that good stuff? I would consider taking your knee somewhere else man. You don't want to be in a wheel chair by the time you are 50, you know?
I have done very extensive bouts of corrective leg work myself since it occured a few years back. One of the main reasons I got into personal training and the actual sciences behind working out ;)

In my logs when I say i'm doing lifts like the Rx1 and people look at me funny...I know why i'm doing them ;)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I don't even know what an Rx1 is. You should post a video if possible. I have used the bosu ball a lot in my rehab efforts. Looks like more bosu for me. :(

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

Rx1 - Rx2 - Rx-3

I perform them on just about every single day. Helps greatly with unilateral leg work, alignment, posture, and strength. On leg days I do them before as well as after all lifts.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Is that one movement together, or three separate movements?

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 10: Wednesday 10/29/08 Lats/Bis/Back

Lat Pull Down (Wide)
160x15 +3 Reps from last week
160x13 +1 Rep from last week
160x12
160x14 +2 Reps from last week

Lat Pull Down (Narrow)
160x8
160x8
160x8
160x8

Barbell Row
145x10 +10 lbs from last week

Good Mornings
25x20 New Exercise for day!
45x20
65x20
85x20

BB Curls
60x12
60x6 -2 Reps from last week
60x6

So, it was a decent workout. I was missing the crunkyness though because I had a meal an hour pre-workout and then had the pills 30 minutes pre-workout. I think my digestion is slower than most and I should take the WF an hour pre-workout. My back felt really filled with blood and pumped while doing the good mornings. I did plan on dead lifting, but after hurting my knee yesterday... it's definitely out of the question.

I did the bb curls against the wall following the deucester's advice. Much to my chagrin of being accused of cheating, I guess he did have a point since I repped even less this week than last week in the subsequent sets. I don't like feeling weak. :(

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Is that one movement together, or three separate movements?
3 seperate. Hold each one with each leg for a long duration. I hold each side for about 60 seconds right now. Going to be upping it to 75 seconds soon though.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear about your bummed knee. Keep trainin hard bro.

1 hour pre would be good as well

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, 1 hour pre-workout it shall be. I'll keep you updated on how that works out for me. Tonight I got BJJ again but I will be going very very light.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 11: Thursday 10/30/08 Brazilian Jiujitsu

Despite a homo-knee, I was too stubborn to not go. I planned on competing as a white belt in Feb, but was stopped by an injury. Then when I was promoted to blue, I sustained yet another injury a week later. Now I have re-aggravated this homo-knee again coming back from nursing it.

So, no more nursing the homo-knee. I have decided to go every day regardless of pain and common sense. Either it will heal and I'll be cool again, or it will completely tear and I'll have surgery. Either way, I'll be find in the end.

Yesterday was cool, we went over some guard passes. I worked with a younger dude so I could take it light. He probably weighs 130 or something. I rolled with him and didn't notice much pain while rolling and I was able to try out some more elaborate stuff due to his skill level. I then rolled with our instructor, and he ate my face. However, I was able to control him for moments at times (huge w00t). My last roll was with a purple and I almost swept him a number of times as well as almost pulled off a triangle. He did dominate me pretty well though.

All in all, I had great energy. I actually took the WF at 5:30 (two hours before training) because I was going to take it with a meal, and I did not want to have my sleep affected. It worked well. Good breathing, good energy, good focus.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 12: Friday 10/31/08 Legs

Leg Press
180x10
230x10
280x10

Weird Free-Weight Squat Machine Thing
149x10
149x10
149x10

Hack Squat
135x5

Bosu Ball Ass-to-Grass Squats

Leg Ext
110x15
110x15
110x15

Calve Raises on Leg Press
280x30 +15 Reps from last week!

So, today was a rehab-nursing-my-stupid-knee workout. I skipped out on squats to take it easy on my knee and did leg press instead. It should be noted that those weights were really easy for me (had I been 100%) and the beta-alanine is definitely starting to work (as you can tell in my calve raise numbers).

I tried hack squats today because Irish Cannon said they worked well for him. But, after one set I quit. It wasn't hard to do, just really annoying having a bar dragged up my legs. I sweated like a pig today. *Shrug*

I had to skip out of ham curls because my ham strings are donezo from Wednesday's good mornings. I guess I should be happy that I have soreness though.

I had the WF with food, so it took an hour and a half today for it to kick in!

Very awesome day for a rehab day.

:)

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Day 14: Sunday 11/2/08 Rear Delts/Traps/Forearms/HIIT

D.B. Bent Over Reverse Flies
10x20
20x10
25x10
25x10

Cable Crossover Reverse Flies
20x10
20x10
20x10
20x10

D.B. Unilateral Shrugs
30x10
50x10
70x10
70x10

B.B. Behind the Back Shrugs (Smith Machine)
185x10
205x10
205x10
225x10

B.B. Wrist Curls
45x12
55x10
65x8
65x8

B.B. Reverse Wrist Curls
25x15
25x12
25x12
25x10

HIIT (on stationary bike)
5 Minutes Warm Up
20 Second Sprint 40 Second Rest
10 Second Sprint 20 Second Rest
1 Minute Cool Down

I took the WF right before the gym because I wanted it to kick in during my HIIT. And, kick in it did. Unfortunately though, my cardio is not up to par at this point. I wanted to do a 20 second sprint and 40 second rest for 10 sprints, but I wasn't going to be able to handle it (at least I thought that when I did my first one.) So, I cranked up the difficulty on the resistance and did 10 second sprints followed by 20 second rests which worked pretty good for me. I will have to build up my cardio to 20 second sprints and 10 second rests (that will be my goal by next summer.)

I received a ridiculous pump to my legs after this HIIT on the bike. Which felt rather sexy-like. My forearms are also pretty pumped as well.

Volcom: I feel like I should have been able to do more weight on my rear-delt work. From my numbers in this log, would you agree, or do you think that it's pretty much even with the rest of my strength numbers?

Last edited:
VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Volcom: I feel like I should have been able to do more weight on my rear-delt work. From my numbers in this log, would you agree, or do you think that it's pretty much even with the rest of my strength numbers?

That depends on how you're gripping it. It you're gripping it pronated (or overhand), then it's more difficult, because it's much more concentrated on the posterior delts. However, a neutral grip will draw a lot more help from the scapular muscles & traps.

I only go as high as 40lbs Db's to 50lbs Db's.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
My palms were facing each other while I was doing them. Much like if I was doing lateral raises.

Also, for the cable cross-overs, should I be bent over? I put the pully at the bottom and crossed over from low to high.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My palms were facing each other while I was doing them. Much like if I was doing lateral raises.
Also, for the cable cross-overs, should I be bent over? I put the pully at the bottom and crossed over from low to high.
I do my cable cross overs from a high point. You could do these bent over also, but I do them standing fully erect on the functional trainer and pull the cables from a high point.

You're doing them neutral grip, you should be able to hit the 30's.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I received a ridiculous pump to my legs after this HIIT on the bike. Which felt rather sexy-like. My forearms are also pretty pumped as well.
Leg pumps = sure sign of good things happening!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I do my cable cross overs from a high point. You could do these bent over also, but I do them standing fully erect on the functional trainer and pull the cables from a high point.

You're doing them neutral grip, you should be able to hit the 30's.
I'll try them pronated next week. I really want to create the best angles for the rear-delts. So, from high to low will be the angle that hits rear delts better?