White Flood And Gvt Awesome Show----great Job!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't/didn't feel like coming up with a fancy name for my log, so I simply named it what it's gonna be. Awesome. I've about worked my way back into a full on "bulk" (consuming cals above maintenance, though I won't be doing what some nuts do and eating 2000000000 above).

I came off a low-carb diet I'd been on for 5 weeks. I lost a pant size. I've since gained some weight back (glycogen/water). Well, now I'm ready for some steak, grits, rice, melted peanut butter slushies. And some extreme volume lifting. I'm going for something of a "recomp" ideally. But I'm gonna get some weight up hardcore-like regardless.

Anywho, this is the product that Controlled Labs and Renegade Rows were so kind to bestow upon me which will aid me in my endeavor:

White Flood is a cutting edge preworkout formula that will rev you up for lifting and cardio like none other. Not only will you experience out of this world pumps, but tons of extra energy and true muscle building potential. That muscle building potential comes from the addition of compounds usually not seen in preworkout formulas of the past. We have also included potent anti-oxidants to scavenge any free radicals normally elicited by Nitric Oxide inducing ingredients. It's time to FLOOD YOUR SYSTEM.... with the most advanced preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer available; White Flood?!

WHITE FLOOD TABLETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:

Key Attributes:

- Fast absorbing and fast acting
- Synergy, strength and stamina
- Endurance and extreme pumps
- Nutrient delivery and recovery
- Carb Free
- Ephedra / Ephedrine Free
- Stimulate neurons
- Enhanced creatine utilization

From the makers of White BLOOD?, CONTROLLED LABS is proud to present: WHITE FLOOD?

FLOOD your system for PEAK performance!

Arginine and Ornithine have been shown to enhance the natural anabolic effects of weightlifting, and even promote greater strength gains within weeks!! In the White Flood? formula, potent doses of Arginine and Ornithine are delivered bonded to an ester and combined with Norvaline (potent arginase inhibitor), enhancing the absorption and simultaneously prolonging the effects of both compounds. With this controlled delivery system, these compounds can pass through the digestive system intact and deliver incredible pumps and vasodilation. As a bonus, this formula is highly effective in preventing an increase in blood ammonia during training and when combined with GABA, it may also have a somatostatin suppressing effect (leading to an increase in natural growth hormone production).

GABA is an important neurotransmitter that has been used for years as an ergogenic aid. When combined with the stimulants in our exclusive formula, users report a very unique effect that must be experienced to believe, due to enhanced neuron firing in the brain. Users report focused, relaxed, energy without the jitters often associated with stimulant use. GABA has also been shown to boost post-workout growth hormone levels and enhance fat metabolism (more research is needed on the exact mechanism of action).

Anecdotal feedback from power-lifters and strength athletes indicates that Inosine, a precursor to adenosine, may improve training during peak intensity (improving explosiveness and power) by enhancing the regeneration of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and enhancing oxygen utilization. It may even benefit the endurance athlete allowing for easier release of oxygen from the blood cells to the tissues leading to performance enhancement. As a bonus, it may also act as a natural anti-inflammatory.

Glucuronolactone is a powerful naturally occurring compound that has been shown to increase focus and concentration, help fight fatigue, and improve mood while providing an instant energy boost. Combined with GABA and caffeine, you have the perfect combination to take your intense workouts to the next level.

Octacosanol is a 28 carbon long-chain saturated primary alcohol naturally occurring in sugarcane wax, spinach and wheat germ (the Octacosanol in White Flood? is from sugarcane wax). Popeye must have been onto something because studies suggest that octacosanol has potent ergogenic properties including the sparing of muscle glycogen stores and increasing the oxidative capacity of muscles. As a bonus, it may help maintain optimal cholesterol levels.

Vanadyl Sulfate is a potent insulin-mimetic that promotes glycogen synthesis, helps maintain blood glucose levels, and may stimulate muscle anabolism by forcing more nutrients directly into the muscles.

Beta-Alanine helps to increase aerobic efficiency, enhance oxygen transport, and reduce lactic acid accumulation in the muscle tissue. Many users also experience a tingling sensation from this compound that revs them up for their workout.

Tyrosine works synergistically with Caffeine and other ingredients to help boost your focus and stamina.

To put this formula over the top, we added Potassium Gluconate (which most closely resembles the potassium found naturally in fruit) and naturally occurring ergogenics like Theobromine, Evodiamine, and Vinpocetine that increase blood circulation and nutrient delivery, enhance focus and oxygen flow, and improve athletic performance. We also included natural antioxidant recovery and reduce oxidative (and other) damage to DNA.

Attachments

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
EDIT: GTV is done. I am now on my meat n' taters routine. And heck, diet plan is gone. I'm now on my own thing. Don't worry about diet. I've got that covered from here on in indefinitely.

Here is me. I haven't seen a true picture of myself in a while. And having taken one and seen, I wished I'da taken it AT the gym while I still had a pump. And I wish I would have kept my shirt on. Whoo. Not lookin' good. Well, no more trying to cut for a while. I'm gonna lift/eat hard and get my silverback look going again. Here is the weak, pasty, still a bit pudgy boy:

Attachments

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you keep logs? Your lack of the fundamentals of physique development is laughable. Learn how to train before you attempt to guide others.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I might note that I will PARTICULARLY be watching for the effects of the GABA and glucuronolactone. I wanna see how focused/chill/centered this supp makes me in and out of the gym. And then I'll be watching for the endurance/pump in the gym. I'm gonna configure a system when I begin the log.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Why do you keep logs? Your lack of the fundamentals of physique development is laughable. Learn how to train before you attempt to guide others.
was that a shot?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Your powers of perception are uncanny...
Feel free to find/post anything you can find in these threads where I make myself sound like a complete fool, whether it be things I did and/or suggested others do. Til' tomorrow then.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have admitted in the past that you are struggling to understand how to construct a proper diet.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
You have admitted in the past that you are struggling to understand how to construct a proper diet.
Yes, Rodja. A "cut" diet. I full-on admit that I have limited knowledge on how to get sub-10% body fat. In fact, I can't, at least not with that limited knowledge. But doesn't mean I don't know how to eat to gain. That's the easy part if you ask me. And since you didn't ask. I'm telling you. I can eat above my maintenance and gain strength. And when I stop gaining, I am in tune enough with ME to know what needs adjusting. I haven't tried to GAIN in damn near a whole year. I've just been on fat loss experiments that have not worked out as well as I'd hoped. If I gain a bit more fat from here on in with this log, so be it. I'll just get back to where I was fat-wise, but I will be sure to have the muscle I was packing to match. Thank you for reminding me of my totally unrelated shortcomings with cutting.

And heck, just because I haven't successfully achieved my ideal composition, my "cut" look, doesn't give you the right to kick off MY log saying I'm just gonna **** the whole thing up. Who are you? Go spread your poison in another thread, and heck, edit your posts in this one to not be pretentious/rude.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
That's kind of rude, to come in and interrupt someone's log before it has even started. I expected more from you, Rodja. It's everyone's right to log a product, and share their experiences. People with all kinds of training experience visit these and learn. It's also a handy tool to gauge your progress and have OTHERS COME IN AND HELP YOU, not hinder you. Anyway, that's why we're all here, isn't it? To learn and get better at what we do. Everybody starts somewhere. Please take the personal attacks on his physique else where, thank you.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this works for you, Manimalia :thumbsup:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
That's kind of rude, to come in and interrupt someone's log before it has even started. I expected more from you, Rodja. It's everyone's right to log a product, and share their experiences. People with all kinds of training experience visit these and learn. It's also a handy tool to gauge your progress and have OTHERS COME IN AND HELP YOU, not hinder you. Anyway, that's why we're all here, isn't it? To learn and get better at what we do. Everybody starts somewhere. Please take the personal attacks on his physique else where, thank you.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how this works for you, Manimalia :thumbsup:
And I might further add that it is not only rude in my direction, but it has a shotgun effect that hits y'all, CL, in addition to me. It says, in its own way, that you guys don't know/care how to pick who runs logs for you. And what would that imply? That you guys are just out for a positive review from someone who has no clue what they're talking about. Which, I don't believe is the case.

Rodja won't be coming back, I imagine. He's left his mark already, so it's done. Some guys are just hardasses through this whole merry-go-round called existence. It's intimidating, really. Hahahaha. And don't worry about him. I ain't been around this forum long, but I know enough already to know that he's never been known for having a kind disposition. He can be helpful when he chooses to be, though.

BUT THIS NEGATIVITY IS OVER. THE POWDER BLUE COLOR CONFIRMS IT. GOOD STUFF FROM HERE ON IN.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The whole point of AM is to encourage, support and teach one another. I certainly don't know everything, but I know enough that I am able to keep progressing towards my goals.

Manimalia in the same boat. He's displayed knowledge as well a willingness to learn from others. He wouldn't be on AM if he didn't want to improve his physique and performance by sharing his experiences with others and receiving feedback.

I'm in for this log, M, go get 'em man!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for not posting, but i just started the log today. Today was the kickoff! And i felt good! Reason i just started today was because i had to attend to some tests and finalizing a motorcycle purchase/car sale. Things are gravy now. Got me my bike, ridin' the heck out of it so far. As I type this, my fingers are a bit numb still from having ridden back from spanish lab. Note to self, GET LEATHER GLOVES for cold weather. Gloves with holes in them are not good for retaining hand heat.

Anywho, due to having had to cram for a test, and practicing with my freshly-purchased two-wheeler, I didn't hit legs last night as planned. I hit them today, though. Here's what I did:

LEGGAGE:
(Supersetted)
Leg press 10x10x300
Deadlift 10x10x205

(Supersetted)
Leg raises with a 5020 tempo 4x15
Calf raises 3x20x160

*Upped weight from last week quite well. And I see no reason why I can't continue that trend. I realize I look like ish (this word jacked from poopypants) right now, but I will quit trying to "cut" for this log and see if I can aquire some meat to my bones/remaining loose flab. Can you tell that I hate my body?

I had a damn fine workout, though. I liked the energy I felt from White Flood (at a five cap trial). Just like it says, the energy was a help and not a hindrance. What I mean is, it is a CLEAN, FOCUSED energy, and not a "cracked out" energy like you get from some products.......*NO Xplode cough cough* (got a half tub of that crap in my bathroom. anyone want it?). I still feel focused right now, right freakin' now, and am actually a bit "chill" as us crazy kids say. This stuff, on my first day judging, just may be zen in a bottle. When it's on, it's on. When it's time to relax, it's on then, too. Having looked into this supp a bit, and its ingredients, I think that it will be good. And the BA is always a great thing. I loved using NO Shotgun about a year ago; used it for about a year straight. Love the BA. The reps burn, but do not scorch you into stopping with BA. It allows that extra push.

I will judge it with these factors in mind through this log:
FOCUS- 8
ENDURANCE- 7
ENERGY- 7
(again, only took five today to assess tolerance. i will likely, well obviously, feel it more when i take more....tomorrow)

I'm gonna add clean mass, and White Flood may just help me do it, along with the food I'm slamming down. About to go eat me a chicken breast, baked potato, pile of corn, and a big ol' glass of milk. G-Night everyone.

Eric

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Well, tomorrow is now today. And today I did my wimpy ass arms. my .22 calibers. Let's see if we can make em' some 9mm's. Here's what I did today in a 4020 tempo, as opposed to the 3020 tempo:

Arms/Shoulders:

(Supersetted)
Hammerbar Curl Preachers 10x10x60
Closegrip bench 10x10x110

(Supersetted)
Dumbell back raises 3x12x15
Lateral raises 3x12x20
*upped my weights a good bit. hope to do it again next week, too.

Very good workout today, considering the hectic day I had beforehand, AND that I didn't take my Flood at an ideal time. I am absolutely sure that I will up my numbers next week on all exercises EXCEPT for maybe the curls. Them curls kill me. The pump was aaaalmost debilitating after a while on them curls today. We'll see what's up next week, though.

I took my Flood later than I would have liked today (about a half hour before workout). It didn't kick in until toward the tail end. But when it did, I was thankful, because it, in addition to my "second wind" that comes with GVT, gave me the boost I needed to get through the workout, namely the curls.

I finished putting in that work, and then I ran for a bit around the block. Nothing major, just for five minutes. Gotta keep SOME cardiovascular health going. Speaking of that, I am buying a jump rope and learning how to use it, and i mean REALLY learning how to use it. I'm gonna get rhythms going with variations hopefully. Gonna use that for some 20 minute cardio sessions on tuesdays/thursdays, as i am very prone to fat gain.

The Flood, today, had given me some good energy toward the end of my workout today. And now I'm still feeling the energy. I'll put that to use on my meal, and if I'm feeling up to it, maybe my woman. hahah. Oh yeah, took 6 today. Here is what I think:

FOCUS: 8
ENDURANCE: 8 (saved my butt on them curls last minute)
ENERGY: 7

That's it for today. I'll stop in again on monday after I start over again, hittin' up chest/back that day. WHOO! Ric Flair was here.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
Sounding solid :cool:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
bonus update. did me some jump rope today. getting ready for work now. about to hop in the ol' shower. i figured out i'm gonna like it. did it 10-12 minutes in my guestimation. heart rate is up. body is greazzzzzzzzy with sweat. just did the ol "dance rhythm" as i call it. where you kick each foot back then forward. can't describe it, there's probably a name for it, though. nice workout.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
today was the start of a new week on this ol' GVT. i again hit chest/back. here's what i did:

(Supersetted)
Incline DB press 10x10x55's (*used 60's on the last two sets to find that burn)
Lat pulldowns 10x10x90 (ooooooooold school pulldown machine, to where the pulley works AGAINST you, and not for you with the weights, which is why the number is low on that)

Decline DB flys 3x12x30
Lawnmowers 3x12x55's

5 minutes jump rope variations post-workout for a total of 500 reps.

Did a good workout today, very good. BECAUSE my motorcycle is on the fritz....ALREADY. Not to worry too much, though. It's still under warranty. I don't think it's anything serious, though. It's actually likely a fried fuse and/or a dead battery from me trying from here to eternity to start the thing when it was malfunctioning.

Aggression was HIGH today, and not because of the Flood. Because today was a BETCH. Spanish tests, broken motorcycles, bad schedules, etc. The flood is starting to give me "wicked" vascularity in my forearms. I mean, my forearms have about a dozen veins that are popping out. Yeah, you're thinking, "just a dozen?" That's a lot to me!

So what to report on the flood? Took it on time today, which in my opinion is a bit over an hour before workout. I was amped up from it.....and ANGER. Killed the workout. Upped the numbers. Now it's time to eat. Lemme give this shet a grade and I'm gonna go tear into some meat and taters (and my veggies of course).

FOCUS: 9 (anger helped me out today a bit, too)
ENDURANCE: 10 (my anger would have kept me hitting iron until i died)
ENERGY: 10(again, anger)
*****without the anger, i would likely give a 9 all the way around with a full dose at the ideal time. we'll see how the unangered workout goes wednesday. will update with cardio tomorrow in the form of jump ropin'. Out!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Want to further add that I would like to have just gave the Flood a 10 for today, but I guess my subconscious stopped me. I don't want people reading the log thinking I'm being a "fanboy." But this stuff is very good so far. Focus is very good with this. And energy is there when you need it, but when you don't need it, it seems to dissipate nicely and leave you feeling "chiiiiiiiiill."

********Also, a little sidenote, I will be labeling my workouts with the colors I've used thus far from here on in. I can tell you why, as I thought about why I chose the colors I did, seemingly without reason, but there are reasons:

The RED for LEGS is because they are a pain in the arse! They tax me beyond belief most every time. It hurts, and I associate red with pain.

The GREEN for CHEST/BACK is because I consider working them as "gettin' that money! it's money, g!" I like chest/back a lot. It's a fun day for me.

The BLUE for ARMS/SHOULDERS is because arms/shoulders are so easy. It's like heaven, being on a cloud. You go to the gym and know you're not gonna feel like a bag of hammers when you're done on arm day. If you do, you're working waaaaaaaaaay too hard on em'. But heck, I shouldn't talk, cause I'm not exactly totin' 12 gauges.

That's really all now.

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
Want to further add that I would like to have just gave the Flood a 10 for today, but I guess my subconscious stopped me. I don't want people reading the log thinking I'm being a "fanboy." But this stuff is very good so far. Focus is very good with this. And energy is there when you need it, but when you don't need it, it seems to dissipate nicely and leave you feeling "chiiiiiiiiill."

********Also, a little sidenote, I will be labeling my workouts with the colors I've used thus far from here on in. I can tell you why, as I thought about why I chose the colors I did, seemingly without reason, but there are reasons:

The RED for LEGS is because they are a pain in the arse! They tax me beyond belief most every time. It hurts, and I associate red with pain.

The GREEN for CHEST/BACK is because I consider working them as "gettin' that money! it's money, g!" I like chest/back a lot. It's a fun day for me.

The BLUE for ARMS/SHOULDERS is because arms/shoulders are so easy. It's like heaven, being on a cloud. You go to the gym and know you're not gonna feel like a bag of hammers when you're done on arm day. If you do, you're working waaaaaaaaaay too hard on em'. But heck, I shouldn't talk, cause I'm not exactly totin' 12 gauges.

That's really all now.
My color logs are rubbing off on you huh? lol Great log so far buddy, those workouts look awesome might still a few ideas sence Im starting this bulk.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
My color logs are rubbing off on you huh? lol Great log so far buddy, those workouts look awesome might still a few ideas sence Im starting this bulk.
Yeah, i guess they are. Though you use yours in a different way. I do it because I want people to see the progress, should there be any, without having to scan. For quick checking:)

And as far as the workouts, i am just going by GVT guidelines. Look that up and see if it's for you. So far, I'm loving it. It's whole basis is perfection in form. I like that.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Well, decided that instead of just hitting the gym to do some traps/jump rope, I'd just go ahead and hit my legs today. I got bwned on today's workout. Upped numbers. Made it through. But now I am DEAD. Had to struggle through my meal, but it's down and digesting nicely. I think I'll lay down and let it work through me while I watch a movie. I'm thinking of renting "Scrooged." The lil' lady has never seen it, and she loves Bill Murray. Don't we all? If you don't love Bill Murray, I don't wanna know you. You're likely an azzhole.

Anywho, here's what I did today:

LEGS
(Supersetted)
Leg press 10x10x330
Deadlift 10x10x210

Leg raises in a 5020 tempo 3x15

Trap raises 5x20x140,120,100,80,60 drop setted
*did not hit calves, as they are a bit sore from jump roping.

I was murdered after this. The thing that did it was that this was usually my rest day. I decided, though, that since my legs were itching to get some beatdown put on them, why not do them today? Heck, now I got two whole days to recover, and even then, on Friday, it's just arm day. A breeze really, so I've got about FIVE days to recover.

Now, onto the Flood. Using it, with my determination, made for another successful workout. I made it through the entire workout. Numbers were upped. I prophecy bigger numbers for next week as well, on most all lifts, with the exception of bicep curls. I am lagging a bit with progression on them. But we'll see. I don't really care about biceps anyway. Let them get hit with them pulldowns.
Here is my score for the Flood:

FOCUS: 10
ENDURANCE: 10
ENERGY: 8 (likely my fault. worked out on what is usually an off day)

Whoo! I'm gonna go lay down now for a bit. Gonna hit up some decaf coffee out of my lil' thermocafe' thermos while I laze on the couch. Will mini-update tomorrow on the jump rope scene.

P.S.- The bike is fixed. It was merely a dead battery. I removed it, put it up to a charger. Put it back in. It's a champ again. It's so weird, considering it was a new battery on a new bike. Oh well, I ain't gonna question it. Let's hope that the battery stays good.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Ive always done logs in color, diff fonts and styles. IT makes it less boring but can be alot more work, i suggest getting a resusable format so you can copy and paste and just edit the specifics for the day. GL bro.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Awesome log.

Bill Murray, the man, the myth, the legend!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Jumped some rope yesterday. endurance and speed is way up on that. It'll keep going if i have my way!

Did 1100 reps. Did them mostly in increments of 150, using the run in place rhythm. In between sets, I would simply walk at a brisk rate to keep my heart rate going. I like this as cardio. It's kind of like that "HIIT" stuff, but easier. But better.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Today was a quick arm day. And this will be a quick update. Got some plans with the lady, and then I gotta hit some homework before hitting Halloween (gonna go to a party, but I don't drink really; I'm the sober guy. I don't NOT drink because of caring about fitness. I just don't like the way it makes me feel. And lucidity is so much weirder than altered states for me these days).

Anywho, I hit arms again today. Here's what I done:

ARMS
(Supersetted)
HammerBar preachers 10x10x60
Close grip bench 10x10x120

(Trisetted)
Lateral raise triset 3x12x15,12,10 (OUCH. them always hurt)

Back raises 3x12x15

In. Out. Done. Good job. I came up strong on all lifts EXCEPT for them curls. I think I'm at my sticking point on em'. BUT, i don't really care. Like I said, let em' get hit with them pulldowns in the beginning of the week.

The Flood came through for me strong today. Powered right through that benchpress. Killed the raises with no problems. The burn was suppressed and the fatigue was non-existent. The only reason I couldn't power through stronger curls is because they are, essentially, the way I'm doing them, concentration curls. And heck, I don't know about you, but I've never been able to use more than 30 lbs. with concentration curls, even when I was a mass monster, especially with 10x10. The pump is good. They're being worked. I'm a happy boy.

Here's my rating on the Flood for today:

ENERGY: 10

Oh, say word, what's that, a 10?! Yeah, I said it, a 10. Good stuff. Looking forward to more progression in this log. Gonna go to the steakhouse for some chicken, potatoes, beans, and corn now, y'all. Have a good, safe night my AM friends!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Jumping rope on WF = An intense experience!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Workout song of the Day:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtILxBszyf8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
*The irony is that he is about the least "gangster"-lookin' dude I've ever seen. But, alas, he really was a O.G.

Anywho, so, today was the beginnin' of a new week. Did chest/back today. Upped progress on ALL lifts. Here's what I did:

CHEST/BACK:
(Supersetted)
Incline DB press 10x10x60's
Lat pulldowns 10x10x95

Dumbell flys 3x12x30 with sloooooow tempo
Lawnmowers 4x12x55 with last set at 60

Workout was intense today. Thought I was going to vomit about halfway through, as I have not and will not do long rest periods between supersets as GVT suggests (90 seconds). I would say I took about five minutes total rest time in this workout, and this is about all the time I allow myself to breath any other time so far on this program, too. I like my heart pumpin' like I'm sprinting while lifting.

Anywho, progress progress progress. I have a feeling it's gonna have to slow down sometime, though. I mean, today I really pushed it to the limit. Don't know if I'll be able to up it again next week. But we'll see!

Here's the Flood breakdown for today. I took it LATE.......AGAIN. DAMNIT. Took it half hour before my workout. I think that my ideal time for taking it is 1.5 hours or so beforehand. I'd guage it that I know I'm ready when my face is tingling, and it takes about 1.5 hours for that to happen. Nevertheless, a good workout today. My determination and diet is helping I am sure. Oh, here's my new diet strategy. I know that this may sound crazy to you guys, but here goes.

I, for the past week or so, have been and will be only eating when hungry. Yeah, crazy right? Sometimes I go over three hours without eating. But when I eat, I eat well. The guidelines I follow are these:

1. Low carbs at night.
2. 40-50g protein per meal
3. Five+ meals per day (which is naturally how I metabolize by now)

That's it. I'm loving it. I've always had a big problem with planning diet. It's gotten me nowhere whatsoever. I usually just put on fat with the muscle when bulking, and lose muscle as I try to lose fat when cutting. So, I decided to GET BACK IN TUNE WITH MY BODY. No longer will I be a slave to the opinions of others. They, who write these rules, are not ME. I'm getting back in tune with my body from here on in. Now, my body tells me that it is HUNGRY. I'm gonna go eat.

Here is my view on the Flood today:

FOCUS: 8
ENDURANCE: 9
ENERGY: 9
(Took it late, my fault.)

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're eating like I eat. Cool. Listening to your body and reacting to the way it responds to what you eat is the only way to go. Every body is different - you have to take some general rules and tweak 'em until they work optimally for you. Good job!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
You're eating like I eat. Cool. Listening to your body and reacting to the way it responds to what you eat is the only way to go. Every body is different - you have to take some general rules and tweak 'em until they work optimally for you. Good job!
That's right, m'man. I'm loving this. It's what I should have been doing all along. Heck, I had my post-workout meal just now. And it was HUGE. Don't know how much I ate, but only ate til I was full. Had me 8 oz chicken breast and undetermined amount of beans/corn/potatoes/carrots (BIG bowl) all washed down with some cold milk. Good stuff. But I wasn't so hungry as usual before my workout. Just had me a little bit of white rice and a small protein shake as opposed to the bigger serving I usually take. My body just feels better this way.

Every meal I've ate thus far doing it this way feels like it assimilates/digests nicely. And I seem to be progressing, so I know I'm being fueled. Fat is not being put on as well. I'm gonna eat like normal people yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Reps at ya, Resolve.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I guess no reps, man:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Resolve again.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You have really detailed posts bro. I'm lovin it!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
You have really detailed posts bro. I'm lovin it!
Thanks. I'm lovin' the Flood and I'm lovin' loggin' it. It's nice to see some progress again. Thanks for letting me run this, RR. Bigtime awesome so far. Anywho RR and the rest of y'all, I GOT A PROBLEM. I NEED SOME HELP GUYS.

Jump roping HURTS. I haven't said anything in my posts. Was hoping I wouldn't have to. I was hoping the pain would eventually just go away. But it's only getting worse. When I jump rope now, it is debilitating. It hurts so bad now. It hurts from my ankles, up to my shins, up into my knees, and around/up into my hams. And it's not a healthy kind of muscle burn either. It's down into joints and bone type hurting. What should I do guys? I LOVE jumping rope, but this pain will no longer let me. I have trouble even walking between sets.

And here's an update on the Flood. Dosed 3 tabs for today's quick cardio session. Walked for a half hour and did as much jump rope as my achy self would allow, which wasn't much, about 400 reps. DAMNIT. The rest of me is willing to go the distance, but my legs are not. I figured out that you CAN chew these puppies. They are hard to break in half by hand, but chewing them is a cinch. Yeah, I'm hardcore like that; I chew em' up.

Anywho, guys, this is an SOS call. What should I do about the pain I get from doing the rope?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Don'tcha hate that?

No worries, though, man. That beans/corn/potatoes/carrots mix sounds tasty!:food:
Oh yeah it is! My favorite meal as of late is as follows:

1/2 can Hormel Turkey Chili w/beans
1/2 cup black beans
2/3 cup corn
1 medium potato chopped/steamed
6 oz chicken breast chopped
chopped/roasted tomato, onion, bell pepper, garlic
2 tbsp sour cream

THEN, mix ALL THAT up and eat it from a big azz bowl. It is BOOOOOOOOOOOMB.

P.S.- That's just a guestimate on the measurements with the beans/corn/potato. I go by eye now;)

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Oh and one more thing, to add a bit of humor to the day, I gotta tell y'all what happened. I took my dirt bike off road for the first time ever. I road it through the ditch by my apartment parking lot. BUT IT WAS NOT SOLID GROUND. I rolled into about a foot of murky/watery mud at about 10 miles per hour. The bike stopped and sunk. I hopped off because I had to. Was kneed deep in mud. Had to yank my bike out of it all. People were driving by and laughin' at me. But I didn't care. I was laughing too.

Fun stuff. For the future, test the ground. No matter how solid it looks, it could be mud stew with grass over it. I'm gonna go hobble downstairs and wash my bike now. Hahahahaha.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Bummer man! lol

I've been enjoying chili lately too, but haven't been adding all kinds of stuff to it - I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the idea.
Give it a try, duder. Takes about 15 lousy minutes to make it. Chop the raw chicken/veggies up and cook in a skillet until the chicken is golden. While all that is going, chop your potato up and microwave steam it with a bit of water in a bowl with lid for 5 minutes. Pop the top on the chili and break out your frozen corn, pull the beans from the pot and then nuke that all up together after you pull the tater out of there. Then, combine ALL OF IT and dap that shet with some sour cream. Then scarf!
The sour cream is VERY important. It makes it.

It's a beautiful thing.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Today's LEG DAY was quick. I did it in three minutes shy of half an hour. Yes, that's right. Less than one half hour. IT DIDN'T "HURT SO GOOD." It was bad. Here's what I did:

LEGS
(Supersetted)
Leg Press 10x10x360 (again, with the 4020 tempo)
Deadlifts 10x10x210 (again, with the 4020 tempo)

I had to do it this way because I arrived at my gym at 4:30. It closes at 5. Another hectic day in my life. But nonetheless, I progressed AGAIN.

I did not opt to come home and hit calf-raises and leg raises, even though I have the means to do so. I am fried out. Need some food and then some relax time. My calves still hurt from the jump rope fiasco. And as far as hitting them leg raises go, I'll just hit them tomorrow with some moderate cardio. Will update that tomorrow.

Anywho, chewed up six Floods about 45 minutes before workout. I find that when I chew them up into a powder, they hit really really fast. I'm fidgety within about a half hour with a tingly face, as opposed to the hour and some change it had taken before when I didn't chew em. So, I'm gonna chew em' up from here on in. Hit faster that way!

Did a good workout today. The flood was there for sure. My legs were SCORCHED in spite of having downed the pills, though. BUT that's because I hit legs hard with no rest periods. Think I rested about three-four minutes total in that 27 minutes. But I did spend some of that time getting the weights ready for the lifts and then some more walking back and forth in the gym for the supersets. I pushed through though, and I do believe the Flood gave me some of the endurance/focus/energy to do so. Speaking of which, here's my grade for it today:

ENERGY: 9 (Only dosed six, though. Don't know why I did that!)

I moved 57000 lbs. in a half hour. Whoo hoo!!!! Ouch.