White Flood And Gvt Awesome Show----great Job!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    AHAHAHA! Heck Yeah! Now I gotta watch "What About Bob?" Or "Groundhog's day" or something. So many great lines in those...
    Yes, there are. Here's one:

YouTube - Ghostbusters (1984) "Cats and Dogs" speech in Mayors Office

2. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Awesome log.

Bill Murray, the man, the myth, the legend!

bloobloobloobloobloobloobloo.. .

...bobby digital.
    •   

3. Jumped some rope yesterday. endurance and speed is way up on that. It'll keep going if i have my way!

Did 1100 reps. Did them mostly in increments of 150, using the run in place rhythm. In between sets, I would simply walk at a brisk rate to keep my heart rate going. I like this as cardio. It's kind of like that "HIIT" stuff, but easier. But better.

4. Today was a quick arm day. And this will be a quick update. Got some plans with the lady, and then I gotta hit some homework before hitting Halloween (gonna go to a party, but I don't drink really; I'm the sober guy. I don't NOT drink because of caring about fitness. I just don't like the way it makes me feel. And lucidity is so much weirder than altered states for me these days).

Anywho, I hit arms again today. Here's what I done:

ARMS
    (Supersetted)
    HammerBar preachers 10x10x60
    Close grip bench 10x10x120

(Trisetted)
    Lateral raise triset 3x12x15,12,10 (OUCH. them always hurt)

Back raises 3x12x15

In. Out. Done. Good job. I came up strong on all lifts EXCEPT for them curls. I think I'm at my sticking point on em'. BUT, i don't really care. Like I said, let em' get hit with them pulldowns in the beginning of the week.

The Flood came through for me strong today. Powered right through that benchpress. Killed the raises with no problems. The burn was suppressed and the fatigue was non-existent. The only reason I couldn't power through stronger curls is because they are, essentially, the way I'm doing them, concentration curls. And heck, I don't know about you, but I've never been able to use more than 30 lbs. with concentration curls, even when I was a mass monster, especially with 10x10. The pump is good. They're being worked. I'm a happy boy.

Here's my rating on the Flood for today:

FOCUS: 10
    ENDURANCE: 10
    ENERGY: 10

Oh, say word, what's that, a 10?! Yeah, I said it, a 10. Good stuff. Looking forward to more progression in this log. Gonna go to the steakhouse for some chicken, potatoes, beans, and corn now, y'all. Have a good, safe night my AM friends!

5. Good luck

NSCA - CSCS
    •   

6. You're going to a steak house for chicken? That's dietary dedication right there, good job man!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

7. Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    ENERGY: 10
    CONTROLLED LABS - WINNING the WAR against GENETICS
    Email: pt [at] controlledlabs.com

8. Jumping rope on WF = An intense experience!

9. Workout song of the Day:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtILxBszyf8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]
    *The irony is that he is about the least "gangster"-lookin' dude I've ever seen. But, alas, he really was a O.G.

Anywho, so, today was the beginnin' of a new week. Did chest/back today. Upped progress on ALL lifts. Here's what I did:

CHEST/BACK:
    (Supersetted)
    Incline DB press 10x10x60's
    Lat pulldowns 10x10x95

Dumbell flys 3x12x30 with sloooooow tempo
    Lawnmowers 4x12x55 with last set at 60

Workout was intense today. Thought I was going to vomit about halfway through, as I have not and will not do long rest periods between supersets as GVT suggests (90 seconds). I would say I took about five minutes total rest time in this workout, and this is about all the time I allow myself to breath any other time so far on this program, too. I like my heart pumpin' like I'm sprinting while lifting.

Anywho, progress progress progress. I have a feeling it's gonna have to slow down sometime, though. I mean, today I really pushed it to the limit. Don't know if I'll be able to up it again next week. But we'll see!

Here's the Flood breakdown for today. I took it LATE.......AGAIN. DAMNIT. Took it half hour before my workout. I think that my ideal time for taking it is 1.5 hours or so beforehand. I'd guage it that I know I'm ready when my face is tingling, and it takes about 1.5 hours for that to happen. Nevertheless, a good workout today. My determination and diet is helping I am sure. Oh, here's my new diet strategy. I know that this may sound crazy to you guys, but here goes.

I, for the past week or so, have been and will be only eating when hungry. Yeah, crazy right? Sometimes I go over three hours without eating. But when I eat, I eat well. The guidelines I follow are these:

1. Low carbs at night.
    2. 40-50g protein per meal
    3. Five+ meals per day (which is naturally how I metabolize by now)

That's it. I'm loving it. I've always had a big problem with planning diet. It's gotten me nowhere whatsoever. I usually just put on fat with the muscle when bulking, and lose muscle as I try to lose fat when cutting. So, I decided to GET BACK IN TUNE WITH MY BODY. No longer will I be a slave to the opinions of others. They, who write these rules, are not ME. I'm getting back in tune with my body from here on in. Now, my body tells me that it is HUNGRY. I'm gonna go eat.

Here is my view on the Flood today:

FOCUS: 8
    ENDURANCE: 9
    ENERGY: 9
    (Took it late, my fault.)

10. You're eating like I eat. Cool. Listening to your body and reacting to the way it responds to what you eat is the only way to go. Every body is different - you have to take some general rules and tweak 'em until they work optimally for you. Good job!

***NOW @ NP***

11. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    You're eating like I eat. Cool. Listening to your body and reacting to the way it responds to what you eat is the only way to go. Every body is different - you have to take some general rules and tweak 'em until they work optimally for you. Good job!
    That's right, m'man. I'm loving this. It's what I should have been doing all along. Heck, I had my post-workout meal just now. And it was HUGE. Don't know how much I ate, but only ate til I was full. Had me 8 oz chicken breast and undetermined amount of beans/corn/potatoes/carrots (BIG bowl) all washed down with some cold milk. Good stuff. But I wasn't so hungry as usual before my workout. Just had me a little bit of white rice and a small protein shake as opposed to the bigger serving I usually take. My body just feels better this way.

Every meal I've ate thus far doing it this way feels like it assimilates/digests nicely. And I seem to be progressing, so I know I'm being fueled. Fat is not being put on as well. I'm gonna eat like normal people yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Reps at ya, Resolve.

12. Oh, I guess no reps, man:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Resolve again.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    Oh, I guess no reps, man:

Don'tcha hate that?

No worries, though, man. That beans/corn/potatoes/carrots mix sounds tasty!

***NOW @ NP***

14. You have really detailed posts bro. I'm lovin it!

15. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    You have really detailed posts bro. I'm lovin it!
    Thanks. I'm lovin' the Flood and I'm lovin' loggin' it. It's nice to see some progress again. Thanks for letting me run this, RR. Bigtime awesome so far. Anywho RR and the rest of y'all, I GOT A PROBLEM. I NEED SOME HELP GUYS.

Jump roping HURTS. I haven't said anything in my posts. Was hoping I wouldn't have to. I was hoping the pain would eventually just go away. But it's only getting worse. When I jump rope now, it is debilitating. It hurts so bad now. It hurts from my ankles, up to my shins, up into my knees, and around/up into my hams. And it's not a healthy kind of muscle burn either. It's down into joints and bone type hurting. What should I do guys? I LOVE jumping rope, but this pain will no longer let me. I have trouble even walking between sets.

And here's an update on the Flood. Dosed 3 tabs for today's quick cardio session. Walked for a half hour and did as much jump rope as my achy self would allow, which wasn't much, about 400 reps. DAMNIT. The rest of me is willing to go the distance, but my legs are not. I figured out that you CAN chew these puppies. They are hard to break in half by hand, but chewing them is a cinch. Yeah, I'm hardcore like that; I chew em' up.

Anywho, guys, this is an SOS call. What should I do about the pain I get from doing the rope?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Don'tcha hate that?

No worries, though, man. That beans/corn/potatoes/carrots mix sounds tasty!
    Oh yeah it is! My favorite meal as of late is as follows:

1/2 can Hormel Turkey Chili w/beans
    1/2 cup black beans
    2/3 cup corn
    1 medium potato chopped/steamed
    6 oz chicken breast chopped
    chopped/roasted tomato, onion, bell pepper, garlic
    2 tbsp sour cream

THEN, mix ALL THAT up and eat it from a big azz bowl. It is BOOOOOOOOOOOMB.

P.S.- That's just a guestimate on the measurements with the beans/corn/potato. I go by eye now

17. Oh and one more thing, to add a bit of humor to the day, I gotta tell y'all what happened. I took my dirt bike off road for the first time ever. I road it through the ditch by my apartment parking lot. BUT IT WAS NOT SOLID GROUND. I rolled into about a foot of murky/watery mud at about 10 miles per hour. The bike stopped and sunk. I hopped off because I had to. Was kneed deep in mud. Had to yank my bike out of it all. People were driving by and laughin' at me. But I didn't care. I was laughing too.

Fun stuff. For the future, test the ground. No matter how solid it looks, it could be mud stew with grass over it. I'm gonna go hobble downstairs and wash my bike now. Hahahahaha.

18. Bummer man! lol

I've been enjoying chili lately too, but haven't been adding all kinds of stuff to it - I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the idea.

***NOW @ NP***

19. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Bummer man! lol

I've been enjoying chili lately too, but haven't been adding all kinds of stuff to it - I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the idea.
    Give it a try, duder. Takes about 15 lousy minutes to make it. Chop the raw chicken/veggies up and cook in a skillet until the chicken is golden. While all that is going, chop your potato up and microwave steam it with a bit of water in a bowl with lid for 5 minutes. Pop the top on the chili and break out your frozen corn, pull the beans from the pot and then nuke that all up together after you pull the tater out of there. Then, combine ALL OF IT and dap that shet with some sour cream. Then scarf!
    The sour cream is VERY important. It makes it.

It's a beautiful thing.

20. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Today's LEG DAY was quick. I did it in three minutes shy of half an hour. Yes, that's right. Less than one half hour. IT DIDN'T "HURT SO GOOD." It was bad. Here's what I did:

LEGS
    (Supersetted)
    Leg Press 10x10x360 (again, with the 4020 tempo)
    Deadlifts 10x10x210 (again, with the 4020 tempo)

I had to do it this way because I arrived at my gym at 4:30. It closes at 5. Another hectic day in my life. But nonetheless, I progressed AGAIN.

I did not opt to come home and hit calf-raises and leg raises, even though I have the means to do so. I am fried out. Need some food and then some relax time. My calves still hurt from the jump rope fiasco. And as far as hitting them leg raises go, I'll just hit them tomorrow with some moderate cardio. Will update that tomorrow.

Anywho, chewed up six Floods about 45 minutes before workout. I find that when I chew them up into a powder, they hit really really fast. I'm fidgety within about a half hour with a tingly face, as opposed to the hour and some change it had taken before when I didn't chew em. So, I'm gonna chew em' up from here on in. Hit faster that way!

Did a good workout today. The flood was there for sure. My legs were SCORCHED in spite of having downed the pills, though. BUT that's because I hit legs hard with no rest periods. Think I rested about three-four minutes total in that 27 minutes. But I did spend some of that time getting the weights ready for the lifts and then some more walking back and forth in the gym for the supersets. I pushed through though, and I do believe the Flood gave me some of the endurance/focus/energy to do so. Speaking of which, here's my grade for it today:

ENERGY: 9 (Only dosed six, though. Don't know why I did that!)

I moved 57000 lbs. in a half hour. Whoo hoo!!!! Ouch.

21. GOOD LORD!!!!!! 20 sets of leg movements in 27min?! I don't know what to say except: !!!!

***NOW @ NP***

22. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    GOOD LORD!!!!!! 20 sets of leg movements in 27min?! I don't know what to say except: !!!!
    I'm feeling it today! And not just in my legs. That's the least of my troubles. I think I fried out my NS with that little stunt. Might take a break on the arms tomorrow. Or might not! But I am dead today.

23. Lots of sleep, food, antioxidants, maybe an ice massage and a contrast shower are great for helping neural recovery.

***NOW @ NP***

24. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Lots of sleep, food, antioxidants, maybe an ice massage and a contrast shower are great for helping neural recovery.

Good call, brother. Just came off an hour nap, in which before that time I put away half a rotisserie chicken (the breastuses!), a couple corncobs, some pinto beans, brocolli/garlic/onion/mushroom curry, and two quartered tomatoes! I am still full, but feel it working wonders. I basically took and layed a pile of meat and a whole garden before me and scarfed. I needed that. And I'm gonna keep eating, and sleep tonight for about 10 more hours. Think I can hit this shet tomorrow if I rest up well. Say, WHERE is your log on the Flood tabs? Every time I search for it, all I can find is something of a 'Chemical Barrage' (cool title).....is it in there? I remember having been in your Flood log at some point, but can't find it now. Show me the light, m'man.

25. I find that i break down my muscles so bad during these high intensity workouts im thinkin maybe some bcaa's and some glutamine during and after. I did a crazy chest WO similar to your leg day and i sweear i lost mass and was significantly weaker next week. Some guys can get away with it but i cant so keep an eye on it.

26. Also, here's some inspirational stuff I just watched to get me ready for tomorrow's onslaught, should I be ready. I know I will, so long as I stay up all night watching this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17z1o8k9KEE"]YouTube - "Python Powder"[/ame]

27. Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post

Good call, brother. Just came off an hour nap, in which before that time I put away half a rotisserie chicken (the breastuses!), a couple corncobs, some pinto beans, brocolli/garlic/onion/mushroom curry, and two quartered tomatoes! I am still full, but feel it working wonders. I basically took and layed a pile of meat and a whole garden before me and scarfed. I needed that. And I'm gonna keep eating, and sleep tonight for about 10 more hours. Think I can hit this shet tomorrow if I rest up well. Say, WHERE is your log on the Flood tabs? Every time I search for it, all I can find is something of a 'Chemical Barrage' (cool title).....is it in there? I remember having been in your Flood log at some point, but can't find it now. Show me the light, m'man.
    Holy Crap! That's a lot of food. That ought to definitely help!

I'm actually not logging the white flood tabs, sorry. I running Muscle Pharm's Hardcore stack currently. That's the Chemical Weapon Barrage that you keep finding. You actually did post in it at the beginning. I'm just along for the ride over here cuz Controlled Lab's stuff is awesome, thought you might like the company and GVT just plain works wonders.

Edit: Somewhatgifted: BCAAs and Glutamine would a great addition to a GVT program - I never set foot in the gym without my "bran chino meano acids" if I can help it.

***NOW @ NP***

28. Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    I find that i break down my muscles so bad during these high intensity workouts im thinkin maybe some bcaa's and some glutamine during and after. I did a crazy chest WO similar to your leg day and i sweear i lost mass and was significantly weaker next week. Some guys can get away with it but i cant so keep an eye on it.
    Yeah, I can do some pretty intense sessions, but I find that after a few weeks, I get stopped dead. I think I need to take it a bit easier and pace myself. So, in retrospect, I should have waited til the next day to do my biggest training day instead of burning through it. The rest periods are supposed to be there for a reason, I reckon. Thanks for the advice, m'man.

29. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Holy Crap! That's a lot of food. That ought to definitely help!

I'm actually not logging the white flood tabs, sorry. I running Muscle Pharm's Hardcore stack currently. That's the Chemical Weapon Barrage that you keep finding. You actually did post in it at the beginning. I'm just along for the ride over here cuz Controlled Lab's stuff is awesome, thought you might like the company and GVT just plain works wonders.

Edit: Somewhatgifted: BCAAs and Glutamine would a great addition to a GVT program - I never set foot in the gym without my "bran chino meano acids" if I can help it.
    Heya! Yeah, it was a lot. I'm on my first CL ride right now, and I think I'm liking it. I mean, this stuff IS feeling like some zen in a bottle. Not bad at all. I think I wanna try their Purple Wraath and Glycergrow very very soon. Those look good!

30. Purple Wraath is good stuff - pricey, but a quality product, especially if stacked with additional BCAAs and carbs.
    Glycergrow has intrigued me, but I've never used it.

***NOW @ NP***
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Controlled Labs White Flood and White Blood FINAL Review
    By luelinks in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 09:38 PM
  2. Controlled Labs White Flood and White Blood FINAL Review
    By luelinks in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 11:59 PM
  3. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
  4. Controlled Labs White Flood White Raspberry Tester Thread!
    By Dracoy in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 01:46 AM
  5. Green Mag and White Flood is AWESOME!!
    By aedubber in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 01:50 PM