White Flood And Gvt Awesome Show----great Job!

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    You're eating like I eat. Cool. Listening to your body and reacting to the way it responds to what you eat is the only way to go. Every body is different - you have to take some general rules and tweak 'em until they work optimally for you. Good job!
    That's right, m'man. I'm loving this. It's what I should have been doing all along. Heck, I had my post-workout meal just now. And it was HUGE. Don't know how much I ate, but only ate til I was full. Had me 8 oz chicken breast and undetermined amount of beans/corn/potatoes/carrots (BIG bowl) all washed down with some cold milk. Good stuff. But I wasn't so hungry as usual before my workout. Just had me a little bit of white rice and a small protein shake as opposed to the bigger serving I usually take. My body just feels better this way.

Every meal I've ate thus far doing it this way feels like it assimilates/digests nicely. And I seem to be progressing, so I know I'm being fueled. Fat is not being put on as well. I'm gonna eat like normal people yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Reps at ya, Resolve.

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Oh, I guess no reps, man:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Resolve again.
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Manimalia View Post
    Oh, I guess no reps, man:

Don'tcha hate that?

No worries, though, man. That beans/corn/potatoes/carrots mix sounds tasty!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

You have really detailed posts bro. I'm lovin it!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    You have really detailed posts bro. I'm lovin it!
    Thanks. I'm lovin' the Flood and I'm lovin' loggin' it. It's nice to see some progress again. Thanks for letting me run this, RR. Bigtime awesome so far. Anywho RR and the rest of y'all, I GOT A PROBLEM. I NEED SOME HELP GUYS.

Jump roping HURTS. I haven't said anything in my posts. Was hoping I wouldn't have to. I was hoping the pain would eventually just go away. But it's only getting worse. When I jump rope now, it is debilitating. It hurts so bad now. It hurts from my ankles, up to my shins, up into my knees, and around/up into my hams. And it's not a healthy kind of muscle burn either. It's down into joints and bone type hurting. What should I do guys? I LOVE jumping rope, but this pain will no longer let me. I have trouble even walking between sets.

And here's an update on the Flood. Dosed 3 tabs for today's quick cardio session. Walked for a half hour and did as much jump rope as my achy self would allow, which wasn't much, about 400 reps. DAMNIT. The rest of me is willing to go the distance, but my legs are not. I figured out that you CAN chew these puppies. They are hard to break in half by hand, but chewing them is a cinch. Yeah, I'm hardcore like that; I chew em' up.

Anywho, guys, this is an SOS call. What should I do about the pain I get from doing the rope?
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Don'tcha hate that?

No worries, though, man. That beans/corn/potatoes/carrots mix sounds tasty!
    Oh yeah it is! My favorite meal as of late is as follows:

1/2 can Hormel Turkey Chili w/beans
    1/2 cup black beans
    2/3 cup corn
    1 medium potato chopped/steamed
    6 oz chicken breast chopped
    chopped/roasted tomato, onion, bell pepper, garlic
    2 tbsp sour cream

THEN, mix ALL THAT up and eat it from a big azz bowl. It is BOOOOOOOOOOOMB.

P.S.- That's just a guestimate on the measurements with the beans/corn/potato. I go by eye now
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Oh and one more thing, to add a bit of humor to the day, I gotta tell y'all what happened. I took my dirt bike off road for the first time ever. I road it through the ditch by my apartment parking lot. BUT IT WAS NOT SOLID GROUND. I rolled into about a foot of murky/watery mud at about 10 miles per hour. The bike stopped and sunk. I hopped off because I had to. Was kneed deep in mud. Had to yank my bike out of it all. People were driving by and laughin' at me. But I didn't care. I was laughing too.

Fun stuff. For the future, test the ground. No matter how solid it looks, it could be mud stew with grass over it. I'm gonna go hobble downstairs and wash my bike now. Hahahahaha.
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Bummer man! lol

I've been enjoying chili lately too, but haven't been adding all kinds of stuff to it - I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the idea.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Bummer man! lol

I've been enjoying chili lately too, but haven't been adding all kinds of stuff to it - I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the idea.
    Give it a try, duder. Takes about 15 lousy minutes to make it. Chop the raw chicken/veggies up and cook in a skillet until the chicken is golden. While all that is going, chop your potato up and microwave steam it with a bit of water in a bowl with lid for 5 minutes. Pop the top on the chili and break out your frozen corn, pull the beans from the pot and then nuke that all up together after you pull the tater out of there. Then, combine ALL OF IT and dap that shet with some sour cream. Then scarf!
    The sour cream is VERY important. It makes it.

It's a beautiful thing.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Today's LEG DAY was quick. I did it in three minutes shy of half an hour. Yes, that's right. Less than one half hour. IT DIDN'T "HURT SO GOOD." It was bad. Here's what I did:

LEGS
    (Supersetted)
    Leg Press 10x10x360 (again, with the 4020 tempo)
    Deadlifts 10x10x210 (again, with the 4020 tempo)

I had to do it this way because I arrived at my gym at 4:30. It closes at 5. Another hectic day in my life. But nonetheless, I progressed AGAIN.

I did not opt to come home and hit calf-raises and leg raises, even though I have the means to do so. I am fried out. Need some food and then some relax time. My calves still hurt from the jump rope fiasco. And as far as hitting them leg raises go, I'll just hit them tomorrow with some moderate cardio. Will update that tomorrow.

Anywho, chewed up six Floods about 45 minutes before workout. I find that when I chew them up into a powder, they hit really really fast. I'm fidgety within about a half hour with a tingly face, as opposed to the hour and some change it had taken before when I didn't chew em. So, I'm gonna chew em' up from here on in. Hit faster that way!

Did a good workout today. The flood was there for sure. My legs were SCORCHED in spite of having downed the pills, though. BUT that's because I hit legs hard with no rest periods. Think I rested about three-four minutes total in that 27 minutes. But I did spend some of that time getting the weights ready for the lifts and then some more walking back and forth in the gym for the supersets. I pushed through though, and I do believe the Flood gave me some of the endurance/focus/energy to do so. Speaking of which, here's my grade for it today:

FOCUS: 10
    ENDURANCE: 10
    ENERGY: 9 (Only dosed six, though. Don't know why I did that!)

I moved 57000 lbs. in a half hour. Whoo hoo!!!! Ouch.
  11. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

GOOD LORD!!!!!! 20 sets of leg movements in 27min?! I don't know what to say except: !!!!

***NOW @ NP***
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

GOOD LORD!!!!!! 20 sets of leg movements in 27min?! I don't know what to say except: !!!!
    I'm feeling it today! And not just in my legs. That's the least of my troubles. I think I fried out my NS with that little stunt. Might take a break on the arms tomorrow. Or might not! But I am dead today.
  13. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Lots of sleep, food, antioxidants, maybe an ice massage and a contrast shower are great for helping neural recovery.

***NOW @ NP***
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Lots of sleep, food, antioxidants, maybe an ice massage and a contrast shower are great for helping neural recovery.

Good call, brother. Just came off an hour nap, in which before that time I put away half a rotisserie chicken (the breastuses!), a couple corncobs, some pinto beans, brocolli/garlic/onion/mushroom curry, and two quartered tomatoes! I am still full, but feel it working wonders. I basically took and layed a pile of meat and a whole garden before me and scarfed. I needed that. And I'm gonna keep eating, and sleep tonight for about 10 more hours. Think I can hit this shet tomorrow if I rest up well. Say, WHERE is your log on the Flood tabs? Every time I search for it, all I can find is something of a 'Chemical Barrage' (cool title).....is it in there? I remember having been in your Flood log at some point, but can't find it now. Show me the light, m'man.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I find that i break down my muscles so bad during these high intensity workouts im thinkin maybe some bcaa's and some glutamine during and after. I did a crazy chest WO similar to your leg day and i sweear i lost mass and was significantly weaker next week. Some guys can get away with it but i cant so keep an eye on it.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Also, here's some inspirational stuff I just watched to get me ready for tomorrow's onslaught, should I be ready. I know I will, so long as I stay up all night watching this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17z1o8k9KEE"]YouTube - "Python Powder"[/ame]
  17. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Good call, brother. Just came off an hour nap, in which before that time I put away half a rotisserie chicken (the breastuses!), a couple corncobs, some pinto beans, brocolli/garlic/onion/mushroom curry, and two quartered tomatoes! I am still full, but feel it working wonders. I basically took and layed a pile of meat and a whole garden before me and scarfed. I needed that. And I'm gonna keep eating, and sleep tonight for about 10 more hours. Think I can hit this shet tomorrow if I rest up well. Say, WHERE is your log on the Flood tabs? Every time I search for it, all I can find is something of a 'Chemical Barrage' (cool title).....is it in there? I remember having been in your Flood log at some point, but can't find it now. Show me the light, m'man.
    Holy Crap! That's a lot of food. That ought to definitely help!

I'm actually not logging the white flood tabs, sorry. I running Muscle Pharm's Hardcore stack currently. That's the Chemical Weapon Barrage that you keep finding. You actually did post in it at the beginning. I'm just along for the ride over here cuz Controlled Lab's stuff is awesome, thought you might like the company and GVT just plain works wonders.

Edit: Somewhatgifted: BCAAs and Glutamine would a great addition to a GVT program - I never set foot in the gym without my "bran chino meano acids" if I can help it.

***NOW @ NP***
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    I find that i break down my muscles so bad during these high intensity workouts im thinkin maybe some bcaa's and some glutamine during and after. I did a crazy chest WO similar to your leg day and i sweear i lost mass and was significantly weaker next week. Some guys can get away with it but i cant so keep an eye on it.
    Yeah, I can do some pretty intense sessions, but I find that after a few weeks, I get stopped dead. I think I need to take it a bit easier and pace myself. So, in retrospect, I should have waited til the next day to do my biggest training day instead of burning through it. The rest periods are supposed to be there for a reason, I reckon. Thanks for the advice, m'man.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Holy Crap! That's a lot of food. That ought to definitely help!

I'm actually not logging the white flood tabs, sorry. I running Muscle Pharm's Hardcore stack currently. That's the Chemical Weapon Barrage that you keep finding. You actually did post in it at the beginning. I'm just along for the ride over here cuz Controlled Lab's stuff is awesome, thought you might like the company and GVT just plain works wonders.

Edit: Somewhatgifted: BCAAs and Glutamine would a great addition to a GVT program - I never set foot in the gym without my "bran chino meano acids" if I can help it.
    Heya! Yeah, it was a lot. I'm on my first CL ride right now, and I think I'm liking it. I mean, this stuff IS feeling like some zen in a bottle. Not bad at all. I think I wanna try their Purple Wraath and Glycergrow very very soon. Those look good!
  20. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Purple Wraath is good stuff - pricey, but a quality product, especially if stacked with additional BCAAs and carbs.
    Glycergrow has intrigued me, but I've never used it.

***NOW @ NP***
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Well, it's official, I have over-trained myself. I went ahead with a workout yesterday even though I had my doubts about it. I wanted to "stick with" the protocol. Well things are all loopy now. I mean, I think I was overtrained all this past week honestly. I think what I am going to do is skip Monday's chest/back workout. Then come Wednesday, I'll hit my legs. And on Friday, I'll hit arms. That'll give me, essentially, a week break on legs and a week break on anything upper body. In this time, I will keep my protein high and carbs/fat moderate. I will also do some cardio; I figure about three-four times in twenty minute bouts. Will update if I change my plans.

This will not derail me. I can already see that I've made the mistake of changing up this routine too much. The rest periods are there for a reason. It's so we do not over-exert our bodies, and so that we can get the most QUALITY work out of each set possible. I'm gonna "slow my roll" on my workouts a bit, and actually take some breaks. Not doing so worked great in the beginning, but in no time flat, I've went from feeling "inflated" to "flat."
  22. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

That must be incredibly frustrating. Still, the time off will fix what ails ya, and taking a break now and again is nice.

What is your daily stimulant intake like? Lots of Caffeine and other stims in addition to a hard routine can contribute alot to cns fatigue. there're a lot of other factors too, as I'm sure you know, but laying off stims somewhat has helped me in the past...

***NOW @ NP***
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm back in the saddle. Gonna hit up some cardio tomorrow, and then it's on to chest/back for Friday. This Wednesday, I'm gonna hit legs/core like usual. So, essentially, all I've missed this week is arm day, and meh, who needs it, so long as I can hit a good workout for chest/back on Friday.

Today, I downed some WPI and some grits and went to do some "playground cardio." I ran to the playground up the block and when there, I did:

(Tri-setted)
    3x12 burpees
    3x50 steam engines
    3x10 bike rack dips

(Tri-setted)
    3x10 monkey bar rows
    3x10 close grip monkey bar press
    3x20 free squat

I then ran home from the park.

The exercises I did were very easy. They sound more hardcore than they really were. Trust me, the angles/style I use makes for nothing more than a good stretch/pulse-raising/nutrient delivery session, so I am still resting. I did them as kind of a big superset. They didn't tax my muscles/NS. They did tax my heart, though, which is good. They, in total took about 5-6 minutes. The jog to the park where I did them takes 5 minutes. The run/walk home (long way) takes about 10 or so. A quick and varied 20 minute cardio session. Felt good. Ate like a champ afterwards. Had me some chopped/curried beef (lean), potato, carrot, celery with a side dish of tomato wedges. Now I'm about to go eat me a big omelet with some brocolli. Night y'all!

Will update tomorrow on my other light cardio session.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

That must be incredibly frustrating. Still, the time off will fix what ails ya, and taking a break now and again is nice.

What is your daily stimulant intake like? Lots of Caffeine and other stims in addition to a hard routine can contribute alot to cns fatigue. there're a lot of other factors too, as I'm sure you know, but laying off stims somewhat has helped me in the past...
    My intake is not high comparatively (with a lot of peoples'). Right now, the only stims I take in are from the Flood on workouts and my morning pot of coffee (2-cup pot, not the gallon-size pot hahahaha).

Yeah, brudda, and if that CNS ain't enough, my joints are jacked up from that jump-roping. IT SUCKS because I loved it. They're getting better, though. I ran today, as I mentioned in my last post. They hurt a bit, but are getting better day by day. I'm gonna have to stop by your log and check out the progress, m'man. But I'm already re-cooperated in the ol' NS, just waitin' for Wednesday! Whoo!
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Agreed. A rest is needed now, make sure to get sleep and calories in!
  26. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Great! - glad you're doing better. Man, that first workout after some time off is always a beautiful thing!

***NOW @ NP***
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hit another light cardio session today. Twenty minutes again. It's virtually identical to the above cardio session, except in the bodyweight exercises. I did today:

(Supersetted)
    3x10 pushups
    3x20 free squat w/ lateral raises

(Tri-setted)
    3x8 monkey bar row
    3x30 steam engines
    3x20 alternated lunge

Heart rate got up good again. Appetite is strong. Came home afterwards and downed my multivitamin and a meal. Had me some curried beef/chicken, potato, carrot, onion, mushroom, and garlic with some tomato wedges on the side. Gonna go make me some tea to wind down with. I'm thinkin' chamomile and jasmine would be nice about now.

Here's a humdinger. For today's cardio session, I took me a half dose of Flood. Needless to say, I had to stop myself from doing an actual workout. I wanted to lay into that playground with all assault of dips, pullups, burpees, you name it. But, alas, I played it smart and just did movements that got the blood moving/soaking up nutrients. The Flood is good stuff! I'll get back to putting it to real testing tomorrow, y'all. Have a good night my AM friends.
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Hit another light cardio session today. Twenty minutes again. It's virtually identical to the above cardio session, except in the bodyweight exercises. I did today:

(Supersetted)
    3x10 pushups
    3x20 free squat w/ lateral raises

(Tri-setted)
    3x8 monkey bar row
    3x30 steam engines
    3x20 alternated lunge

Heart rate got up good again. Appetite is strong. Came home afterwards and downed my multivitamin and a meal. Had me some curried beef/chicken, potato, carrot, onion, mushroom, and garlic with some tomato wedges on the side. Gonna go make me some tea to wind down with. I'm thinkin' chamomile and jasmine would be nice about now.

Here's a humdinger. For today's cardio session, I took me a half dose of Flood. Needless to say, I had to stop myself from doing an actual workout. I wanted to lay into that playground with all assault of dips, pullups, burpees, you name it. But, alas, I played it smart and just did movements that got the blood moving/soaking up nutrients. The Flood is good stuff! I'll get back to putting it to real testing tomorrow, y'all. Have a good night my AM friends.

Nice. I like your thinking: I'm a big fan of bodyweight exercises too. If you get some time, check out some of the Kane videos in the Controlled Labs section on AM. He does alot of cool bodyweight stuff
    Timbahwolf training
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yes-tah-day I hit the legs up again! Back in the saddle for real! Took my scheduled breaks the way I'm supposed to between supersets. That made all the difference for today. Here's what I done:

LEGS/CORE---------
    (Supersetted)
    Deadlift 10x10x215
    Leg Press 10x10x370 *slapped a 10 lb. plate on the pin

Leg Raises 4x15 in a 5020 tempo
    Calf Raises 3x20x170
    Trap Raise Drop set 5x20x150,140,130,120,110

Burned through that no problems. Dosed a full bit of Flood (8). Chewed em' up about 40 minutes pre-workout. Downed some WPI and some grits and hit the gym. Energy was way up. Endurance was great, ESPECIALLY since I took the prescribed rest periods between supersets. Here's my rating for yesterday:

ENERGY: 10

Now keep in mind, I've been giving this stuff a lot of 10's. This is not to say that this is the ONLY stuff out there that can give one that kind of focus, endurance, and energy. I would also rate VPX NO Shotgun this way, along with ALRI's WTF Pumped (only tried a sample of that stuff, but it was great for focus, endurance, and energy. The pump was INSANE, but I don't really care much about pumps, I guess, though).

This Flood is great for the attributes I'm rating it on!
  30. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

So, how would you rank White Flood in comparison to the VPX and WTF? Anything set it apart?

The additions of the 3 non-10x10 lifts was a good idea, especially considering you've increased your rest. Those 70-90sec between sets really makes all the difference, huh?

***NOW @ NP***
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

So, how would you rank White Flood in comparison to the VPX and WTF? Anything set it apart?

The additions of the 3 non-10x10 lifts was a good idea, especially considering you've increased your rest. Those 70-90sec between sets really makes all the difference, huh?
    I'd have to say it is better than VPX for the attributes I am rating. NO Shotgun has the aminos in there, though, which I was always smitten with. But I'd have to say, hands down, this product beats it for the attributes I find important/the ones I'm looking at in this log.

As far as WTF Pumped, I tried a sample pack. And I felt an insane amount of energy/endurance from it. Wasn't so much focused as I was just jittery/powerful-feeling. The pump, a side-effect as I call it, was astounding/debilitating. Nothing had ever given me a pump like that. But it was an unfocused "junkie" energy that I didn't like so much as this, and there was no focus on it. Just felt like an ape on meth. The Flood, again, wins.

The Flood, to me, is a nootropic blend with some bonus ingredients that are useful for physical parts of the workout. I think it is very good because it is very innovative. Never had I tried a blend that gave me such a good focus/state of mind in and out of the gym. The mind runs the body. It's a fact that the brain is what tells us to stop pushing a weight, as it fears we will injure ourselves, when such is 99% of the time, not the case. I'm no brain chemist, but I hypothesize that this stuff helps me push my brain down a bit and allows my body to push the weight up. Kapisce?

The rests did make all the difference. The equation for power is work/time. I used up far too much power last week. Therefore, my engine, my NS, was shot. So yes, they do make a huge difference. And as far as the auxillary exercises, they've always been there, as they should be. They're not a new addition.
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Great feedback!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Manimalia again." (such sadness...)

My bad on the aux. lifts, I just didn't remember them...

***NOW @ NP***
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Great feedback!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Manimalia again." (such sadness...)

My bad on the aux. lifts, I just didn't remember them...
    Man, your log is interesting as hell, broughams! Y'all are talking about lucid dreaming and whatnot. Don't nobody come to see my skinny ass, but hey, I'm loving loggin' anyhow. I'm gonna go check out what's new in your, brudda.
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yes-tah-day I hit the legs up again! Back in the saddle for real! Took my scheduled breaks the way I'm supposed to between supersets. That made all the difference for today. Here's what I done:

LEGS/CORE---------
    (Supersetted)
    Deadlift 10x10x215
    Leg Press 10x10x370 *slapped a 10 lb. plate on the pin

Leg Raises 4x15 in a 5020 tempo
    Calf Raises 3x20x170
    Trap Raise Drop set 5x20x150,140,130,120,110

Burned through that no problems. Dosed a full bit of Flood (8). Chewed em' up about 40 minutes pre-workout. Downed some WPI and some grits and hit the gym. Energy was way up. Endurance was great, ESPECIALLY since I took the prescribed rest periods between supersets. Here's my rating for yesterday:

Now keep in mind, I've been giving this stuff a lot of 10's. This is not to say that this is the ONLY stuff out there that can give one that kind of focus, endurance, and energy. I would also rate VPX NO Shotgun this way, along with ALRI's WTF Pumped (only tried a sample of that stuff, but it was great for focus, endurance, and energy. The pump was INSANE, but I don't really care much about pumps, I guess, though).

This Flood is great for the attributes I'm rating it on!

I realize I contradicted myself in this statement. What I meant to say was, there are other products that will greatly impact your workout like this Flood will. With the VPX NO and ALRI WTF, there was more raw, yet unfocused energy. The pumps were other-worldly with the WTF Pumped. The energy complex/amino complex in VPX NO was more than ample. BUT, this Flood, I feel, is more for a superior mindset, a superior focus. Granted, it does provide good stimulation and "pump", but I have simply like the mindset it gives me.

Sorry for reiterating, I just feel a bit we-todd-did when I contradict myself. Long story short, it's all about what you're lookin' for. I guess what does it with this stuff, I can only speculate, is the GABA, among other things speculatively.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

This past Friday, I hit arms and shoulders. I would have let y'all know ON Friday, but I had a lot going on. It's still about to be logged, though.

As of this past Friday, and after this coming week, I will be done with my initial phase of GVT, the 10x10 scheme. I said I'd be going with the 10x6 after that, but I may reconsider. BUT, for good reason, and here it is:

I, as of tomorrow morning, will be going to see about/possibly join a Jiu Jitsu school in my local area. I was considering boxing as well. Both here are very cost-effective for the trainee/trainer here.

The boxing gym here is only 15 dollars per month, which would include all things one would need to learn how to box, including instruction: full size ring, various bags (in total, six), various free weights, equipment, and smart/qualified folks who can/will give pointers. It's ran by a man who built it himself, which is why it's so cheap/why there are no full-time instructors. I figure I can do my resistance training/cardio/a bit of boxing there.

The Jiu Jitsu gym is a bit more "professional." You're instructed. You will begin with fundamentals. I do not even know anything about this style. I am simply going from my long time friend/father figure's know-how. He knows me and knows I can do it as he had done it. I'll be looking into all of this tomorrow.

But anywho, as far as resistance training, I was thinking I'd get back to something that's always been good to me when trying to not overtrain. It's not that GVT overtrained me too bad, but I know it can with other training thrown in+a non-bulking diet.

I was thinking the classic full body 3xper week workouts would be in good order for if I started this stuff up. I wouldn't have debilitating DOMS at any time really and I'd be free to focus on this other training, too, as my full body workouts generally last about 45 minutes if that, but they've always been good to me. Ample rest+ample time= being able to take on a bold new adventure of a martial art/a bit of boxing training.

I used to hit my friends' speedbag/punching bag from 13-15 years old. We had big gloves and we'd box in the back yard of his house on occasion. I know how to throw a punch. But I want to learn the method, not just the instinct of things.

Anywho, as you can see, a lot goin' on here with me, here's what I did this past Friday, the day before yesterday:

ARMS/shoulders
    (Supersetted)
    Hammer Preach Curls 10x10x65
    Close Grip Bench Decline 10x10x135

Lateral Raise Drop set 3x12x15,12,10,8 (buuuuuuuuurn)
    Back Lat Raise 3x12x15

The Flood was on again. Took it about 45 minutes before I had my pre-workout WPI and grits. Hit the gym. Blasted through the workout. I almost had me a sticking point, again, with the curls. I don't sweat it, though. I'm likely not getting past 65 lbs. without a miracle on them things. But it doesn't matter. They're bicep concentration curls. Who cares. I'll probably just stop doing curls when I hit my full body routines. Let em get hit with pullups, etc.

Am seriously considering buying another bottle of this stuff after I am out. I did one other log on here at AM for Advance Muscle Science's product called "Hypertrop X." And I liked it. And I told the truth about it. I remember saying it was underdosed and a bit expensive in my final review, but that it contained fundamental ingredients. Good stuff, just not enough of it, and overpriced.

What I'm trying to say is, I am NOT saying I like this product, and its fair price, because I am trying to do CL a favor. This stuff really is really good. For a fullout workout, you pop 8. For cardio, you pop 4. If you do three workouts per week and cardio 2 days per week, that'd be 32 caps in sum. A FULL bottle is 320 caps. This stuff, for forty bucks, would last you about THREE MONTHS! And as I've said, to ME, it's zen in a bottle. I'm diggin' it. Good goin', CL. You've just got yourself a customer, ya know?!
  36. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Am seriously considering buying another bottle of this stuff after I am out. I did one other log on here at AM for Advance Muscle Science's product called "Hypertrop X." And I liked it. And I told the truth about it. I remember saying it was underdosed and a bit expensive in my final review, but that it contained fundamental ingredients. Good stuff, just not enough of it, and overpriced.

What I'm trying to say is, I am NOT saying I like this product, and its fair price, because I am trying to do CL a favor. This stuff really is really good. For a fullout workout, you pop 8. For cardio, you pop 4. If you do three workouts per week and cardio 2 days per week, that'd be 32 caps in sum. A FULL bottle is 320 caps. This stuff, for forty bucks, would last you about THREE MONTHS! And as I've said, to ME, it's zen in a bottle. I'm diggin' it. Good goin', CL. You've just got yourself a customer, ya know?!
    That is a great review - really puts forward WF's strong points, how it compares to what else you have tried, and whether it's worth the investment of one's hard earned money.

As for your extra-curricular activities, switching back to 3 full-body sessions a week would be a good compromise - hitting everything 3xweek is one of my favorite protocols and has really helped pack on the size and strength. Coupled with jiu jitsu and boxing, you'll be one big, lean dude!

***NOW @ NP***
  37. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Great to hear brother!!! It definitely is a steal with that many servings, 3+ months as long as your not a stim junkie like me lol. Perhaps you can run another log down the road with one of our stacks. Great detail and progress so far!!! can't wait to see the end result
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks for the feedback, bruddas. Yeah, I look forward to seeing what the week after this one will bring. I may be at new gyms learning new things, and as far as resistance training, I'd think of going back to the ol' 3xa week full body. I love me a full body routine.

Here's what I had in mind (stuff that is together is supersetted):

DB bench 3x8

Upright row 2x10
    Lateral raises 2x15

Lat pulldown 2x12
    Squat 2x20

Ham curl 3x15
    Leg Extension 2x15

Reverse Curls 3x15
    Skullcrushers 2x12

Weighted sit ups 3x12
    DB side bends per side 2x25

(2 workouts per week, likely Monday and Friday, I will do a drop set of trap raises and forearm work)

Anywho, I will finish up the first phase of GVT this week, the 10x10 phase. It's been good. Intense. After this week is when I'm going to take me a tour of the boxing gym/jiu jitsu school. I may do one or both. If I do the boxing, I'll lift there as well. If I do the jiu jitsu schooling, I'll stay at my gym and go there for instruction most likely.

So, without further ado, here's how today went for chest/back:

CHEST/BACK
    (Supersetted)
    Incline DB press 10x10x60/65 (did last 5 sets with 65)
    Lat Pulldown 10x10x100

Dumbell flys 3x12x30
    Lawnmowers 3x12x60

Made me some improvement again. Am excited about that. I do believe I am feeling good and even losing a bit of weight at the same time. I've so far made a bit of clean gain and hope that this continues on with my new phase. I know that boxers/martial artists ain't supposed to be chubby chaps. I'm not overweight or anything, but I've got a couple I could lose. I wanna be kind of lightweight, actually.

Anywho, energy was on. Endurance was good. Not much more I can say. This program is not about straining under heavy loads for a few badly-done reps, so, I can say each workout feels really good, as I get good movement with each rep and improve weekly.

Here's what I got to say about the flood. And since I seem to be only judging a few things, let me tell you people potentially interested in this product of "the pump." The pump is decent. It's not bad at all. It is not debilitating, yet it is amplified. Where this stuff really shines, in my view, is what I'm grading it on:

There's not much left for me to say about the Flood, except letting the progress speak for itself. I'll be posting up pictures here after next week. I'll likely still not be huge, but I'll be a bit leaner/meaner.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Hit me some cardio today and dosed six of these bad boys......am......getting..... ....addicted. Had to stop myself from overdoing cardio today. Hit up 5 minute intervals on the exercise bike in the ol' gym. When I wasn't on that, I was doing supersets of 10 decline sit ups and burpees (did not opt to do the pushup with these, though, as I don't want to overtrain. I simply went to "plank" and back up without the pushups, otherwise it'd been a lot of unnecessary pushups). I think, in sum, between the three bouts of the bike I had done, totaling 15 minutes on that part, I must have done about 200 situps and 200 burpees. I was in there for a bit over twenty minutes. Had me a good, intense session. Left as I began breaking a sweat, though, as I don't wanna overdo things. I'm getting stronger and it seems these few excess pounds are slowly coming off in the process. I'm finally accomplishing, drug-free, what I've been wanting to do. And I owe it to cutting out the OCD dieting scheme and tuning in to when I NEED to eat. And also to getting me some cardio back in order, some damn fun/inventive cardio. It's funny-----you obsess with training and whatnot and never see the results you want. But then you decide to just let go and be kind of natural with things and good things start happening. I'm a happy boy right-bout-now.

The Flood was on today. I shouldn't use that much for cardio days. Will stick with the four from here on in for cardio days. It made me wanna stay and overtrain. The reason I took six is because I had popped my four and then ran a few errands. Well, the errands took a bit longer than expected. And the whole time I was doing them, I wanted to hit my cardio. Well, by the time I was back home and changing for the gym, I felt that I lost some of the Flood's intensity. I didn't, but I'm weird, so I took and chewed up a couple more, got ready and then hit the gym.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.98%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Great to hear brother!!! It definitely is a steal with that many servings, 3+ months as long as your not a stim junkie like me lol. Perhaps you can run another log down the road with one of our stacks. Great detail and progress so far!!! can't wait to see the end result
    Thanks for the opportunity, RR. I'm loving this stuff. How about you just have me run another log of thizzzzzzz Y'all have done good with this stuff here.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Controlled Labs White Flood and White Blood FINAL Review
    By luelinks in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 10:38 PM
  2. Controlled Labs White Flood and White Blood FINAL Review
    By luelinks in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 12:59 AM
  3. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-29-2009, 06:48 PM
  4. Controlled Labs White Flood White Raspberry Tester Thread!
    By Dracoy in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 02:46 AM
  5. Green Mag and White Flood is AWESOME!!
    By aedubber in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 02:50 PM