Volcom’s, Controlled Labs NEW White Flood CAPS (Sponsored TESTER)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Volcom’s, Controlled Labs NEW White Flood CAPS (Sponsored TESTER)

Controlled Labs’ NEW White Flood caps.

Edit Update: Stacked with Diesel Test Hardcore and Sunami, by Get Diesel

Thanks to Controlled Labs for sponsoring this log and selecting me to test their NEW White Flood caps.

Many of us here have tried, read or heard about Controlled Labs successful pre-workout supplement, White Flood. White Flood’s original and reputation established forge, was in the form of a powder that you manually mixed. During August of this summer, I ran a solo White Flood log (in it’s original powder form) and observed WF’s effects on gym performance. Meaning, how did it effect my strength, stamina, muscle endurance, focus and other relative facets related to a positive experience at the gym.

I have been selected to test White Flood’s NEW caps form, where I will not only inscribe the effects of the WF caps, but also make comparisons between the WF Caps vs WF Powder, based on my relatively recent logging experience with WF powder.

I am coming off of almost 6 months of hypertrophy focused lifting. I normally transition from hypertrophy and strength every 3 months or so, but I decided to extend my hypertrophy phase for such a prolonged duration with the intent of optimizing my previous (Blue GENE) log. This means it’s time to go heavy again! At least on critical compound lifts, such as bench, deads, and squats. However, I will not be going heavy for the sole sake of switching things up.

Important Information.
As many of us know, resistance training triggers the release of testosterones and growth hormones. Higher volume lifting stimulates a greater release of growth hormones, (though not exclusive, simply more of a GH release, than Test), while heavy, heavy load lifting, in conjunction with compound movements (such as bench, deads, squats) excites a greater & primary release of testosterone (GH would be secondary) . My 60 day Blue GENE run is coming to a close and although there was a time where my libido mysteriously spiked out of control in the beginning weeks of Blue GENE and making me feel like an 8th grader again sitting behind Mikara Moore when girls FIRST started wearing spaghetti straps. However, as my 60 day Blue GENE run is coming to a close, I currently seem to have the libido of a 95 year, blind eunuch. This is generally a good time to start stacking those natural test boosters, which I’m all for. However, I’m going to attempt to stimulate a more biological Test response and see how quickly I can bring my libido back through an inherent Test response to heavy, compound lifting. Yes, simply weaning off the Blue GENE will eventually lead to libido normalcy, but I’m going to see how heavy, compound, biologically Test stimulating lifts will effect the expedience of this process. Perhaps this will help when people need to bring themselves back from a loss of libido, and a positive experience could only augment the supplemental route of increasing test, which again, I usually prefer. This is just a personal experiment I will conduct and intentionally observe, being fueled by Controlled Labs White Flood CAPS.

Log Objectives
- Detail the effects of NEW White Flood CAPS
- Compare & Contrast NEW White Flood CAPS vs Original White Flood Powder.
- Experiment and Observe the (hypothetical) expediency of normalizing libido though stimulating an inherent Test response to Heavy/Compound lifting.

I’m going to post some videos of my general strength as a result of 6 months of hypertrophy focused lifting. Clearly, my strength will increase as I begin to intentionally lift heavy. For friends, these videos are re-runs, for everybody else, this will shed some light on myself.

Muscle Strength
125lbs Db's x 10 reps

YouTube - 125lbs Dumbbells x 10 reps

Muscle Endurance
100lbs Db's x 22 reps

YouTube - 100lbs Dumbbells x 22 reps

I'll attempt to post videos intermittently as opportunities arise.

Last edited:

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
# 2 is here !

Had it not been for my god damn wisdom tooth surgery, I'd be #1, Samuel ! lol

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
# 2 is here !

Had it not been for my god damn wisdom tooth surgery, I'd be #1, Samuel ! lol
Haha, so how'd it go? As bad as you feared? Or as chill as you were told? Also, are you currently drugged up???

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just read your latest post, me thinks ye still be slightly drugged up.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I just read your latest post, me thinks ye still be slightly drugged up.
Well, Ai kant bi kompleining mutch. Not pain, at the moment, but an hunger that needs to be satifies !

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I hated having my pulled. It sucked but maybe it wont be as bad for you.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! Lookin forward to this! So will you be dosing this intra workout? pre w/o?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything Beta Alanine

Due to the fact that one of White's Flood most hard hitting constituents is Beta Alanine (not only, just one of the headliners amongst a few), I wanted to share the positive effects of BA. Some people have a grasp of what BA does, but I wanted to find an article that explained it clearly, simply, yet powerfully, and I came across this strong article.

Supplement Superstar
Beta Alanine — The Research Keeps Comin'!
by Dr. Jeffrey R. Stout, PhD

Over the years I've studied dozens of supplements and ergogenic aids, most notable among them creatine, and when something new comes along, I find myself asking the same questions:

• Does it occur naturally in the body or in foods?

• When taken orally, does the body use it to its advantage, or does it combat it?

• When exerting its effects, what physiological processes occur?

• Do I want to use it?

If I can answer these questions simply and positively, I'm off to a good start.

Most of you know I've been shouting about the benefits of beta-alanine for a while now, but a whole bunch of exciting new research has recently been completed.

But before I show you the cool new stuff, let's take another look at how beta-alanine works. It's a non-essential amino acid found naturally in both the body and in foods such as chicken. When taken orally, it exerts the types of effects that excite scientists and make bodybuilders drool.

Actually, it makes anyone who takes his or her workouts seriously start to drool — anyone who wants to be bigger, more cut, faster, or stronger that is!

Let's Review How Beta-Alanine Works

When beta-alanine enters the muscle cell, it becomes what we call the "rate limiting substrate" to carnosine synthesis. By rate limiting, we mean that without beta-alanine, carnosine does not get produced.

So why is carnosine so important? Carnosine is a dipeptide found mainly in fast-twitch muscles whose primary function, as far as you and I are concerned, is buffering hydrogen ions (H+).

Buffer H+, and you prevent pH levels in muscle from dropping to low levels (more acidic). Low acidity creates that "burn" in your muscles, causing fatigue and forcing you to muscular failure (also known as the end of your set). In a more acidic environment ATP is less effective and the release of calcium, a key component to muscle contraction, is hindered substantially.

With higher carnosine levels in muscle, however, you can prevent the drop in pH. With H+ buffered, you continue to squeeze out reps, prolong a high intensity run, or you simply lift heavier weights for more reps.

So why not just double up on the carnosine? First of all, carnosine is not absorbed effectively in humans. When ingested and digested, only a small amount remains intact, but that in itself creates problems. The intact carnosine is hydrolyzed into histidine and beta-alanine, which is then taken up by skeletal muscle and synthesized back into carnosine.

Because of the initial hydrolysis, the ingested carnosine does not remain intact when taken up into muscle. The only value you gain by ingesting carnosine is the beta-alanine that's formed, since it's the beta-alanine that can "remake" carnosine in muscle. As such, it makes a whole lot more sense to take your beta-alanine straight!

In 1992 Dr. Roger Harris conducted a breakthrough study on creatine supplementation. He showed that you can take creatine monohydrate orally and it will find its way into your muscles.

Harris is at it again, this time with beta-alanine. He showed that you can take it orally and boost your muscles' carnosine synthesis by 64%.

The researchers compared this to an actual "infusion" of intact L-carnosine and found that taking beta-alanine was just as effective! In other words, adding intact carnosine adds no further increase than what beta-alanine can give you alone.

What about histidine? They also confirmed that an infusion has no effect on carnosine synthesis. It's strictly the availability of beta-alanine that determines the amount of muscle carnosine synthesis.

Recently, scientists have demonstrated that high intensity- high volume training can significantly increase muscle carnosine concentrations in untrained subjects. In 2004, Dr. Suzuki and colleagues discovered a strong relationship between carnosine concentrations in muscle and high intensity exercise performance — the more carnosine you have in your muscle, the more you can lift, run, or bike.

But here's what's really interesting: Dr. Harris and colleagues discovered that for highly trained athletes, carnosine levels only increase with beta-alanine supplementation, not with additional training.

In other words, if you work out, your carnosine levels will eventually plateau, and they aren't going to get any higher with more training. They can only be increased with beta-alanine supplementation.

How Well Does it Work? (Show Me The Science!!)

Now that we know it's much more effective physiologically (and financially) to take beta-alanine instead of carnosine, let's take a look at some studies. First, we need to know if beta-alanine supplementation can really increase carnosine levels, and if so, how effectively and how fast.

Harris speculates that at normal levels, carnosine contributes to roughly 20% of the buffering capacity in muscle. He believes if you can double carnosine levels with beta-alanine supplementation, you also double your muscles' buffering capacity.

The Harris study I mentioned above reported an impressive 64% rise in muscle carnosine levels. This occurred after just four weeks of supplementing 4 to 6 grams per day of beta-alanine.

After ten weeks, however, carnosine levels had risen 80%. (Similar to creatine, beta-alanine takes a little time to build up in muscle.) Interestingly, the sharp rise in carnosine levels was present across all muscle fiber types - Type I, IIa, and IIb (slow and fast twitch). This would lend further credibility to the belief that beta-alanine can benefit all types of athletes, regardless of their mode or intensity of exercise.

Another study, by Dr. Hill and colleagues, examined the effect of beta-alanine supplementation on muscle carnosine levels and exercise performance in untrained men. In double-blind fashion, twenty male subjects (19-31years) supplemented either 4.0g beta-alanine or a sugar placebo for the first week, then up to 6.4g for an additional nine weeks.

By week four, mean carnosine levels increased by 58%. Six weeks later, they rose another 15%. As for performance, the researchers also recorded a 16% increase in total work capacity during cycle ergometry.

New Data, Recently Published !!!

Beta-Alanine vs. Creatine

My colleagues and I recently examined the effects of beta-alanine and/or creatine supplementation on physical working capacity at fatigue threshold (PWCFT) in untrained young men. The male subjects (19 — 30 years) consumed either:

1) 1.6g of beta-alanine 4 times per day for 6 days, then 3.2 grams per day for 22 days.

2) 5g creatine monohydrate 4 times per day for 6 days, then 10 grams per day for 22 days.

3) Beta-alanine and creatine Combo.

4) Placebo (maltodextrin).

The results revealed a 28.8%, 11.3%, and 11.0% increase in PWCFT for the beta-alanine, creatine, and the combo, respectively. Very Impressive! Beta-Alanine increased PWCFT 61% greater than creatine on just roughly 3.2 grams a day.

Bottom line: creatine just got its ass kicked when it comes to delaying fatigue!

The Effects of Adding Beta-Alanine to Creatine on Muscle Mass, Fat Loss, Strength, and Performance

Now that you're an expert on he mechanisms behind the effects of beta-alanine, you're probably wondering whether combining it with creatine might make for a dynamic and explosive combination. Dr. Hoffman and Colleagues recently examined this and reported some interesting, if not surprising, results.

Dr. Hoffman assembled a highly trained group of 33 college football players and split them into three groups: a creatine group that took 5g twice daily; a creatine and beta-alanine group that took the same amount of creatine but with 1.6g of beta-alanine twice daily; and a placebo group, who took nothing.

Prior to and following the 10-week study, the researchers measured the athletes' body composition, body weight, one-repetition maximum in the bench press and squat, and had them keep a log of their dietary intake.

All were placed on a weight training program that included all the usual suspects: bench press, squat, deadlift, power clean, incline press and fly, row, etc.

Here's what they found:

• When you combine creatine and beta-alanine, your training volume goes up and you get stronger. The athletes were able to knock out more reps with the same weights, and although this was the case with the other groups, it happened to a greater and more significant extent in the creatine plus beta-alanine group.

• One-rep max, the strength measure, climbed significantly higher in both the supplemented groups. In the bench press, the athletes taking only creatine increased their one-rep max by an average of over 30 pounds while the creatine plus beta-alanine group saw it rise by roughly 25 pounds. The placebo group experienced an insignificant 12 pound bump.

• Increases in one-rep squat max were similar. Both supplemented groups experienced significant gains: roughly 50 pounds for the creatine plus beta-alanine group and just under 50 pounds for the creatine group. For comparison, the placebo group pushed up their max a meager 10 pounds.

The most impressive results of beta-alanine, at least in this study, were its effects on lean mass gains and fat loss, effects not seen in either of the two other groups.

Only in the creatine plus beta-alanine group did the investigators record a significant increase in muscle mass, with percentage of fat dropping roughly 1.2%. This adds promise to a supplement that, until this study, could only be viewed as a performance enhancer. Fat loss is also a benefit you don't get from creatine alone.

In my estimation, it would also be interesting to see what would have happened if the authors had doubled the amount of beta-alanine to 6.4g daily, at least for the first few weeks. Since this has been shown to raise intramuscular carnosine levels higher than 3.2g daily dose used in their experiment, it might bring more impressive results in all categories of performance and body composition.

Sneak Peak at Some Study Results Soon to be Released

There have been several other studies undertaken on beta-alanine, some of which are still in press. Dr. Harris recently examined the effects of 6.4g of beta-alanine on isometric endurance and after just two weeks recorded an 11.4% increase.

He also co-authored a creatine plus beta-alanine study in which they found a nearly 40% increase in power output, significantly higher than the roughly 8% gains made by the creatine-only group.

What's crazy about this study (besides me being so vague) is that the subjects were Olympic caliber athletes! More on this soon!

Conclusion

You can conclude from the preceding studies that beta alanine might be perhaps the most versatile supplement yet discovered — whether you're a bodybuilder, powerlifter, endurance athlete, or just someone who wants to get bigger, leaner, or stronger.

It's a simple pathway for success: H+ increases with all types of activity, shutting off muscle contraction.

With beta-alanine we can absorb it, and can literally become "better" at every one of those activities. We can be stronger, we can run faster, we can run longer. We can lift heavier weights for more reps, and as the Hoffman study showed, we can be bigger and leaner.

I think the greatest attribute of beta-alanine is that it will benefit all types of athletes — not just bodybuilders and fitness competitors.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So how many grams BA per serving? Is it exactly the same as 2 scoops?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So how many grams BA per serving?
I'll update that when my bottle gets here. What I can tell you is that 1 bottle lasts 40 days, as this is a 40 day sponsored log. However, I'm assuming that 1 serving Caps will equate to 1 serving powder, but I'll update that :thumbsup:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well atleast I made it in on the 1st page ;)

The Chest/Back workout today was killer. I think I went too far though, b/c at the end I was doing Flat DB Bench + Fly's + Rows and I hyperextended my shoulders on 4th DB bench, has been sore all day since :(

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well atleast I made it in on the 1st page ;)

The Chest/Back workout today was killer. I think I went too far though, b/c at the end I was doing Flat DB Bench + Fly's + Rows and I hyperextended my shoulders on 4th DB bench, has been sore all day since :(
Sucks about the shoulder, but MAN!! You added flies in that mix?!?! You were really fiending for some intensity.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WILLEH AGGLREEES!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sucks about the shoulder, but MAN!! You added flies in that mix?!?! You were really fiending for some intensity.
The brain was running on JP8 :) Today looked like:
Iso-Lateral Lat Pulldowns + Weighted Dips (4 sets)
Incl. DB Press + Pullups&Pulldowns (4 Sets)
Standing Cable Fly's + Pullovers (4 Sets)
BB Decl Bench + Face Pulls (4 Sets)
DB Bench + Fly's + DB Rows

80 minutes, went very well.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The brain was running on JP8 :) Today looked like:
Iso-Lateral Lat Pulldowns + Weighted Dips (4 sets)
Incl. DB Press + Pullups&Pulldowns (4 Sets)
Standing Cable Fly's + Pullovers (4 Sets)
BB Decl Bench + Face Pulls (4 Sets)
DB Bench + Fly's + DB Rows

80 minutes, went very well.
80 minutes!! Wow, that's a looong time to keep up that kind of intensity!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cant imagine ever not working out to tunes

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't usually workout to music, but I've got back into carrying my iPod around so that helped, plus the JP8 gets me going.
I expect some crazy stuff from you in WhiteFlood :)
Will do!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh snap! Priest in dah houuuse!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. That was an excellent read on the beta-alanine there Volcom. Very thorough. I've been taking 6 grams per day. Only for 5 days though. So it's starting to build up in my system. Should start kicking ass as I cruise into PCT starting Thursday. I can't wait to see your inital results with the WF caps. Are you already finished with the Blue-UP? That's one natty test-booster that I feel truly works. Controlled Labs is a very trustworthy company. I'm here for the whole exciting ride bro!! :head:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. That was an excellent read on the beta-alanine there Volcom. Very thorough. I've been taking 6 grams per day. Only for 5 days though. So it's starting to build up in my system. Should start kicking ass as I cruise into PCT starting Thursday. I can't wait to see your inital results with the WF caps. Are you already finished with the Blue-UP? That's one natty test-booster that I feel truly works. Controlled Labs is a very trustworthy company. I'm here for the whole exciting ride bro!! :head:
Thanks Thunder,

I'm in the last week or so of Blue GENE/Blue UP, and I still want to get a strength re-assessment in with the 125lbs Db's. It's always great to have you around, very encouraging and very inspirational!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yikes, just found out I lost $5,000.00 in my stock. That's about 40% of my investment. On the up side, things are looking upward, but man!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Yikes, just found out I lost $5,000.00 in my stock. That's about 40% of my investment. On the up side, things are looking upward, but man!
Yup it's been an exciting ride these past few weeks for my 401k.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup it's been an exciting ride these past few weeks for my 401k.
I have long term mutual funds, so it doesn't really effect my current financial status. My mutual funds are actually set up for retirement, so I'm looking at it from a 35-40 year perspective (unless some odd emergency comes up, like ransom to South American Gorillas for my eventual wife or children if I ever theoretically vacation in South America; it has to be pretty damn serious is my point, no supps).

Even still, 5K is a lot of $$$ to be losing! Especially when I don't even have that much in my entire debit account.

Other situation where I will pull out my investments. World goes nuclear winter and I need to go on an unlimited splurge of fried foods, deserts and buffets before I'm toast.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Other situation where I will pull out my investments. World goes nuclear winter and I need to go on an unlimited splurge of fried foods, deserts and buffets before I'm toast.
In case of such an event as a total financial collapse, I'll be jacking the weak mutha-fukkers and taking their food, money, women,.....etc.....etc..Tough times don't last.....tough people DO!! :bb3:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In case of such an event as a total financial collapse, I'll be jacking the weak mutha-fukkers and taking their food, money, women,.....etc.....etc..Tough times don't last.....tough people DO!! :bb3:
LOL, TG the pillager!

He'd be all positive about it tho, leaving those poor downtrodden ppl thanking him as they're being uprooted from their houses & whatnot, haha!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL, TG the pillager!

He'd be all positive about it tho, leaving those poor downtrodden ppl thanking him as they're being uprooted from their houses & whatnot, haha!
Hehe, "you did good, but now I must kill you and take your wife. Tomorrow is a new day, no wait, not for you, but you did great and I admired the effort, now taste my blade"

Ares

Ares

Banned
Awards
80 minutes!! Wow, that's a looong time to keep up that kind of intensity!
Yes a good way to suppress hormones, adrenals, and elicit cortisol.

Anywho, WF is one of my favorite Pre-WO drinks. I am interested in the caps.

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
I have long term mutual funds, so it doesn't really effect my current financial status. My mutual funds are actually set up for retirement, so I'm looking at it from a 35-40 year perspective (unless some odd emergency comes up, like ransom to South American Gorillas for my eventual wife or children if I ever theoretically vacation in South America; it has to be pretty damn serious is my point, no supps).

Even still, 5K is a lot of $$$ to be losing! Especially when I don't even have that much in my entire debit account.
Sorry to hear of you stock market bust, friend ! I have not yet had the chance/economy to begin investing. I'm hoping the real estate/mortgage market will bounce back within the next couple of years, as that's where I want to make my $$ . .

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hehe, "you did good, but now I must kill you and take your wife. Tomorrow is a new day, no wait, not for you, but you did great and I admired the effort, now taste my blade"
You and snagency know me all too well Volcom. I would be the type that after bludgeoning, terrorizing, and robbing my victims, I would at least say thank you for the contribution!! I would then advise them to keep a positive mental outlook and they'll find more work, and earn more money, for me to come and collect at another date! :toofunny:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry to hear of you stock market bust, friend ! I have not yet had the chance/economy to begin investing. I'm hoping the real estate/mortgage market will bounce back within the next couple of years, as that's where I want to make my $$ . .
No worries. As long as I don't have a family of my own to consider, which I don't, then all I need are my basic needs taken care of and I'm content. I'm not a big money guy with extravagant wants and desires, not that there's anything wrong with that. Maybe I'll become that when I have a family to feed, but for the time being, basic needs. Supps, Food, Shelter, in that particular order, j/k.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You and snagency know me all too well Volcom. I would be the type that after bludgeoning, terrorizing, and robbing my victims, I would at least say thank you for the contribution!! I would then advise them to keep a positive mental outlook and they'll find more work, and earn more money, for me to come and collect at another date! :toofunny:
The brutal raping & pillaging Viking... with a heart of pillaged gold.

Last edited:
Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I'm in. My oh my you have a lot of AM buddies.

I'm jealous.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am still in the latter midst of my Blue GENE/Blue UP run, therefore, I'll continue to log my workouts here, prior to the arrival of my White Flood CAPS. Once my White Flood CAPS arrive, I'll have one week left of the Blue GENE/Blue UP, but I will include the WF CAPS in the mix as soon as they arrive. Which was estimated to be this Friday.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
2 pages already??!!

jesus. well. im in. pretty excited to see the results considering i, among many others, witnessed youre results with the drink.

good luck brotha!