Irish Rugby's Offseason Training Log

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Irish Rugby's Offseason Training Log w/ Muscle Pharm's Assault and Bulletproof

For this I will be stacking Muscle Pharms:

Assault and Bullet Proof

I will keep this log even after I run out of (unless I order more) these because my offseason is from Nov - Apr.

Meals:
Meal 1: 8 AM
2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites, fat free yogurt w/flax seeds mixed in, 2 peanut butter sandwiches, 24 oz of skim milk, 1 piece of colby jack cheese.

Meal 2:
29.4g whey, 1 banana, 1 fat free yogurt.

Meal 3:
2 whole wheat pita pockets w/ Tuna, Light Miracle Whip, Banana Peppers and Spinach (Thanks Irish Cannon for the idea), 1 piece of cheese.

Meal 4 :
9oz ground beef, 1 fat free yogurt, 1 hardboiled egg

Meal 5(Post-Workout Shake):
29.4g whey, 5g creatine mono, 1/2 cup oats, 1tbsp PB, 1 banana, handful of raspberries or strawberries, 8oz of skim milk.

Meal 6:
Chicken breast, broccoli, spinach or romaine lettuce salad w/ tomato

Breaks down like this:

Cals: ~3670
Carbs: 346g
Protein: 341g
Fat: 108g

Supplements:
ON Whey Protein
Fish Oil gelcaps
Flax Seed
Creatine Monohydrate
MP Assault
MP Bullet Proof

Training:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
In, Good Luck!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Honestly for a sport like Rugby, I don't know if I would want to be much leaner than what you are at now. Fat provides some good protection when your hit. I am interested to see what your training is like, I don't know to many Rugby players in my area so I have no clue what you do off the field......Other than drink of course !

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Yes, we do a lot of that (drink). I cut back significantly in the offseason however. I will post my full work out tonight after I get home from practice. I wouldn't mind being a little bit leaner because most of the "flab" is unhealthy fat from eating really poorly and drinking a ton of Guinness.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Who you play this weekend Irish? I'm at SJU

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
We are playing Lincoln Park from Chicago at our field in Eagan. A ton of our team is from SJU. Good luck and smash some people.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Yes, we do a lot of that (drink). I cut back significantly in the offseason however. I will post my full work out tonight after I get home from practice. I wouldn't mind being a little bit leaner because most of the "flab" is unhealthy fat from eating really poorly and drinking a ton of Guinness.
If its from Guinness it can't be bad!
Honestly Guinness is the only beer/alcohol I have drank for the past three years now.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Holy Volume Training Batman!
That is a lot of work for one session, how long are you usually in the gym for?

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Actually I messed that up. I gotta fix all that **** and repost it.

EDIT: The new training schedule has been posted after it has been fixed...ha ha

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Actually I messed that up. I gotta fix all that **** and repost it.

EDIT: The new training schedule has been posted after it has been fixed...ha ha
Man you scared me there at first, that is a little more reasonable.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
yeah a lot more reasonable. I am not sure what happened to the cells when I transfered what I had written into word to excel. Anyway, thats it and the actually running part of the Rugby training may be less when I first start because I have shin splints so bad right now that its hard to walk after running a lot.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Big game tomorrow and then big party, So I may not post anything new until Sunday when I get my real before pictures put up.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
How'd it go? We won our match pretty easily, hopefully the Banshees faired equally as well. Social obviously ensued and shitshowness commenced. Hooray.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
We lost in a very tough game, but we won the B side game and I got binned on a bullshit call of high tackle so it wasnt anything cool to get binned for, but I scored a try too. We went to a German bar for the last night of Oktoberfest and got ridiculous. So I am moving a little slow today.

In other news my supps should be here either tomorrow or Tuesday and I will have Before pictures posted tonight.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
DAY 1 (Monday, October 13th 2008)

I got all of my food into me, but my energy level was really low. I have been fighting off a head cold for the last three or four days and the stress at work is really starting to piss me off.

My workout was tough. I had to force myself through all of the sets and my lifts were really pretty light. I am assuming assault will really pick that up and help me.

We will see how tonights lift goes, my supps should be at my apt when I get home tonight.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
DAY 2:

So I got my Assault and Bulletproof in the mail today and to my suprise they included a copy of Status Magazine and a Calander filled with hot chicks.

Thank you Muscle Pharm for that and I love your ads in the mag.

So I had my first round with assault and it was awesome.

The taste is phenomenal.

The tingly feeling you get about 5 minutes into is awesome also.

The focus, endurance, aggression, and the all around 'good' feeling lasted my entire hour workout and it just now starting to fade 2 hours after I took it.

I did start to feel uneasy and jumpy for about 10 minutes about 45 minutes into my workout, but after the next set I leveled out again.

The pump was awesome. My arms were so pumped up that seeing them only drove me to work harder. I can see how it would be easy to over work yourself on this if you dont have a plan.

All and all I am impressed with my first encounter with Assault.

I can see how if I hadn't eaten an hour before taking it that it could cause some nausea, but when comparing it to NO-Xplode its night and day. This doesn't even come close to the stomach/gastric rollercoaster that I got with NO-Xplode nor did I feel bloated and pukey. I didn't violently crash out and get exausted either, it was a very gradual decent down to not wanting to do laps around my apartment complex.

This is the only other NO product I have taken besides NO-Xplode, so I have limited experience outside of that. So I will compare it to that a lot.

On a side note. I am excited to see how the bulletproof.

My eating was a little off today because I woke up late for work, but I made up for it throughout the day.

I am at 205.6 lbs.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
My recommendation with the Bullet Proof is to take it about 20 minutes before bed on an empty stomach with about 4-5 ounces of cool water. For me it seems that when I lessen the amount of water I use a bit it hits me much quicker.
Thanks Again for logging this, we will definitely keep that in mind when doing sponsored logs in the future.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Sounds great man. I am working on my rugby guys and some of my friends interested in bodybuilding to check Muscle Pharm out and everything.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
DAY 3

So the bulletproof was pretty awesome. It doesn't taste as good as the assault, but its still not terrible.

I am going to have to take my assault earlier too because I had some issues falling asleep until about 12:30am and I had to get up at 7am and I am sure its because I took my Assault at 7:15pm.

The Bulletproof helped get very restful sleep, I didnt toss and turn at all and I felt really good when I woke up this morning, a little groggy right away, but after a shower I was wide awake and ready to go. I didn't read pmiller's advice until after I had already taken it with 12oz of water. So tonight I will take it with 5oz and see how that works. I will also be taking my Assault at 6pm and going straight to the gym from work.

Tonight is Legs and Abs

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
im in...out of curiosity what position do you play sir?

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
DAY 3:(continued)

Another great pump tonight. I took my Assault an hour earlier and got to the gym an hour earlier too.

We will see how the bulletproof kicks in tonight. I am going to take it in about 2 hours.

militarypress

militarypress

Awards
hows the rugby going for you? i played inside and outside centre for rugby, but much preferred rugby league..

im going to stack anabolic halo and NaNo vapor together soon, im not sure what to expect but im only new to suppliments so im wanting to try things myself now, im using NO Xplode at the moment with a mate and he has been experiencing stomach achs, really making him feel crook and draining the energy out of him.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Tell him to take less. If he is taking 2 scoops go down to a scoop or a scoop and a half. Its really dose sensative for some people. You have to eat at an hour and a half before you take it anything more or less will give you the shits and bloating, thats the way it was for me anyway. Tell him to pick up some Muscle Pharm Assault it tastes better and doesnt give me stomach cramps and diarrhea. The pump is way better too.

Rugby went well. We are in the offseason now so I am bulking. We start winter training in January.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Week 3

WEEK 3

Sorry about the lack of updates for the last week or so, but work has been killing me. I have been working out dilligently and I have noticed some gains in my max weight and definately in vascularity especially in my shoulders. I am going to be switching to a power lifting type program after next week to really focus on some real strength and power gains. I am going to be trying out for a select side team this spring that plays in national competitions and has the ability to get me on the nation team maybe some day. So its time to take these next 5 months and get myself geared up and in the best shape possible.

kilmann40

kilmann40

Awards
hows the rugby going for you? i played inside and outside centre for rugby, but much preferred rugby league..

im going to stack anabolic halo and NaNo vapor together soon,QUOTE]

noooooooo! ive done the stack and there is MUCH better out there

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Well after I raped the **** out of my back last Wednesday I am getting back into the gym after a 4 day rest. According to the Chiro said I popped a rib out of place. All I know is that I couldnt breathe real well.

Other than that brief injury issue, everything has been going well.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
In.

I'm curious about these new MP products.
So far I really dig them. I have seen some major vascularity increases especially in my shoulders.

I will post some pics tonight since its been over 21 days.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Nice Job man, keep it up.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
nice very interested in these products cash flow prevents an order at the moment:frustrate

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Yeah, I understand and the cash flow thing, but by far Assault is one of the best NO supplements I have taken. Not only for the great pump I get, but also because it doesnt have any gastro side effects that came along with N.O. Xplode.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
So I am opening my own brewing company called Scrum Brewing Co. I am going to open up my own brew pub. I am in the works of writing up my business plan and getting people interested in investing or getting the loan from a bank. Should be fun!!!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
So I am opening my own brewing company called Scrum Brewing Co. I am going to open up my own brew pub. I am in the works of writing up my business plan and getting people interested in investing or getting the loan from a bank. Should be fun!!!
Thats awesome, best of luck.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Final Review

Sorry my log kind of dwindled as my work schedule really started sucking. 10 hour days of working on computers make me not want to even come close to a computer when I get home. Anyway no more excuses and here are the final results:

Beginning Weight 207

Middle weight: 204

Final Weight: 209

My DB Bench max went from 65 x10 60 x10 55 x10 50 x10

To 85 x10 80 x10 75 x10 70 x10

all of the other areas went up in a comparable way also.

I leaned out a lot just by getting back into the gym again so thats the reason for the weight fluctuation.

As for the products all and all I really dig both products a lot.

Assault was really amazing it kept me focused and I had a good level of aggression that made me continue to push myself and get frusterated when I started to slack. It kept me from doing middle of the week laziness that so often plagues my routines. I had good sustained pumps for the first 3 weeks. They started to dampen a little in the 3rd and 4th week. Great product though and I will definately use it again.

Bulletproof was my favorite out of the two. I love sleeping so much and this helped me do something that I love, so it was great. I really cant recount any crazy dreams or anything as much as I can say that I woke up happy and refreshed not to mention it helped with my soreness also. Be advised though, make sure you schedule yourself at least 8 hours of sleep. If you cant get 8 hours in before you have to wake up I would not take it. I took it and had only 5 hours of sleep that I could get and went it sucked when I got up. I wasn't drowsy as much as I was just really pissed off that I had to be awake at that moment more so then normal. That and the libido went up for sure and thats all I have to say about that.

Personal Note:

I could have done way way better with my diet and scheduling, I ate like crap after the first 2 weeks and that was my own fault for not being disciplined enough. The same goes with my scheduling and getting my logs up. I wouldnt say I am disappointed in myself as much as I know that I have to do better.

Injury Report:

I dislocated a rib from where it meets your spine and that put me out for 3 days. I went to the chiropractor and got it popped back into place and felt much better, but it still sucked a lot.

In conclusion I really like both products a lot. I am going to continue bulletproof and tryout battle fuel for a Testostone boost. I am in the process of ordering those now and I am going to start a new log for both.

Thank you to MP especially pmiller for helping me out. Thanks to rugger and all the other people who subbed this for the encouragement, it means a lot.

Thanks guys,

Irish Rugby

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review buddy, I am glad you liked the products.