Roland-a-joint's MASS FX Log (sponsored)

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established

Introducing MassFX. Three time award winning pro-anabolic, Mass FX, forged revolutionary gains in raw, animalistic power and lean muscle mass from just one bottle.

It created plateau shattering workouts and amplified testosterone levels so high that it unleashed that “do anything, kick-ass, aggressive, strong, confident, dominant male leader of the pack” feeling that we call the “Alpha-Male” in everyone that used it.

NOW this beast just got even BIGGER! MassFX Maximum Strength goes far beyond our first formula by generating even more animalist gains in lean mass and raw power, by providing complete anabolic amplification of testosterone, forcing accelerated rates of protein synthesis far beyond 25R-diol alone, providing pro-anabolic-adaptogenic support and by precisely modulating estrogen for optimal strength and mass gains, available now at NutraPlanet!

INTRO
Name: Roland
Weight: 176
Height: 5'11''
BF%: 10-11%

Well, thank you to Anabolic Xtreme for this opprotunity. I've only read positive things about divanil and the rest of the ingredients in MASS FX and have had my eye on it since it was released. I've been on a cut / recomp since january 1st, and have lost about 25 pounds, mostly fat. However, in light of this being a MASS building product, i decided to end my quest for abs and start my first CLEAN bulk.

DIET
I'll be in a bulk type diet, eating around 2900-3300 kcals per day. and heres the breakdown.
Maintenance: 2625 kcals

TRAINING DAYS:
330 grams protein
150 grams fat
150 grams carbohydrates (50 with breakfast, 50 with pre w/o, 50 with post w/o)

OFF DAYS:
330 grams protein
150 grams fat
50 grams carbohydrates (50 with breakfast)

I stick to chicken, lean ground beef, a steak now and then, turkey bacon, and eggs for protein. brown rice, whole wheat pasta, oats, whole wheat bread for carbohydrates. natural nut butters (almont, cashew, peanut), nuts, olive oil, fish oil, and egg yolks for fat.

normally ill post my meals for the day.

SUPPLEMENTS
MASS FX (4 caps per day, either 1-2-1 dosing, or 2-2 dosing, depends on each day)
Whey (ATW isolate)
Fish Oil (usually 12-18 per day)
Multivitamin (3 tabs per day)
XTEND (4 scoops post w/o)
WMS (50 grams post w/o)
Osteo-Sport (4 caps pre-bed)

TRAINING
my training is a little bit weird right now. due to shoulder complications, im not able to bench or shoulder press. chest workouts will be higher rep, and only flye movements, and some push ups. shoulder workouts will be front raises, side raises, and bent over laterals, maybe upright rows, and db and bb shrugs, also using a higher rep scheme.

monday: chest + triceps
tuesday: shoulders + calves
wednesday: back + abs
thursday: biceps + forearms
friday: legs + calves

GOALS
strength - deadlift: current 315 x 2, post mass fx 315 x 8, 355 x 1
strength - squats: current 185 x 8, post mass fx 185 x 10
muscular endurance - push ups: current 22, post mass fx 30

in regards to goals, im looking to add a decent amount of weight to all my lifts, whether deadlifts or seated calves. im also going to try and add about 3 or 4 lbs to my frame. if i am able to add more, awesome. but ill be happy with 3 or 4 lean pounds.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
first pic is about a week before starting mass fx.
second pic is from last night, about 2 hours after my back session

Attachments

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Final Review!!

DETAILS
STRENGTH
I made some nice gains on all lifts. here are my numbers for the exercises i used as indicators.
Deads
Pre: 315 x 2
Comments: i couldnt be happier with this. i think i could probably hit 315 x 10, or 365 for a double. 315 x 8 was done this passed tuesday and it was at the end of my workout where my back and CNS were already pretty fatigued, and there is no doubt that probably robbed me of a couple reps.

Squats
Pre: 185 x 8
Comments: only 2 reps, however the set of 10 was a much deeper, strict form squat, due to me working on my form over the passed month or so. so im extremely happy with just the two reps.

Push-Ups (feet elevated, gripping dumbbells with a shoulder width grip)
Pre: 22
Comments: definitely happy with this. especially with a bad shoulder. i wish i could have used a bb bench or db bench as the indicator, but, you know. just making the best out of what i got right now.

MASS
Weight
Pre: 176-178 Bf: 10-11%
Comments: OMGZ I GAINED LIKE 20 POUNDS!! lol not really. i wish tho. most of the weight i contribute to water and glycogen from coming off of a 5 week CKD. i was also eating a lot more than i thought i would at the beginning of the log. started around 3300 cals a day, and lately ive been eating around 3600-4000 cals a day. which of course is good due to increase in weight. i also ate a lot more carbs than i had planned. ive been eating carbs with almost every meal. except later at night.

and im pretty positive most of the weight gain was muscle, because i dont notice a whole lot of fat gain. a little bit on my lower back. mid section is still looking decent as youll see in the pictures. and everything is bigger. chest feels a bit bigger, delts started taking shape again from all the time off, arms have definitely grown, forearms seem bigger, calves and legs seem bigger, back feels bigger, but i cant really tell too much by pictures. tho i have gotten comments from a few friends now that i seem much bigger than when they last saw me. all my clothes fit tighter, including my boxers. most noticeable on shirts with my sleeves, and i can feel my lats filling out my shirt a little bit more now too.

RECOVERY
i noticed this mostly because of the higher volume i was using. i would expect to be dead sore after workouts like these, but i only had minor DOMS on a regular basis, and only sever DOMS a few times, mainly with traps and hamstrings, due to trying out new things. but even then, i really only experienced that with the first week or so.

LIBIDO
awesome. peaked around week 3, and then kinda went back down to normal about the end of week 3. not decreased, just normal. i wont comment any further on this :D

PERFORMANCE
mass fx is definitely awesome in terms of immediate results. in the gym i experienced more intense pumps, increased aggression, laser like focus, and just more drive and motivation, probably due to the fact that i had mass fx in my arsenal. also, while it was amazing at 4 caps a day, 2 being pre w/o, 6 was fanfuckingtastic! it was so noticeable just with the first day i tried it.

OVERVIEW
i had a GREAT run with this. i couldnt be happier with the results, and i know for sure ill be trying this again. it did basically everything the bottle promises, and then some. i only had a few side effects. the forslean was messing with my stomach a little bit the first 5 or 6 days. my stomach adjusted, and i was fine. i also had a little bit of anxiety a couple times, like a nervousness. however it could have been from a subpar night of sleep, or ancy about something later in the day, or from a number of things, so i cant attribute it to mass fx directly.

other than that, i feel like this was a pretty flawless mini bulk for me.

IN THE FUTURE
some ideas i have for this with a future run: id like to run it for 6 weeks, 2 weeks at 4 caps ED, and 2 weeks at 6 caps ED, and 2 weeks at 8 caps ED. id also love to use a pre w/o product like RPM or Core Zap with this. or even add hyperdrol into the mix. i think it has a lot of potential for a recomp/cut as well, which will most likely be the goal i have when i use it again.

and thats it. thank you to anabolic xtreme for giving me this opprotunity. thanks for everyone chiming in giving words of encouragement and support!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I'm in, buddy! Knock 'em dead!!! :head::head::head:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - 10 / 06 / 2008

TRAINING
CHEST

D-handle cable flyes (weight listed is on each arm)
40 x 15
60 x 15
80 x 12
70 x 12
-superset-
one arm d-handle tricep pushdowns (a warm up exercise to get the blood flowin on those babies!)
70 x 12
70 x 12
80 x 12
80 x 12

Push-Ups (feet elevated, shoulder width grip on dumbbells)
22, 17, 16

Low Cable Flyes
25 x 20
30 x 20
35 x 15

High Cable Crossovers (slow movements 1 second hold at peak contraction)
30 x 15
40 x 15
40 x 12

TRICEPS

Rope Pushdowns
100 x 12
140 x 12
200 x 10
200 x 8
160 x 10
160 x 10

Reverse Grip, EZ Bar Cable pushdowns
100 x 12
140 x 12
180 x 10
180 x 8

Dips
BW x 12
BW x 10
BW x 9

DIET
FYI, sketchy day for eating haha
750 1 MASSFX
820 5 eggs, 1 cups oats w/ brown sugar, a multi, 4 fish oil
no food for 5 hours = bummer
115pm 8 oz lean ground beef, about 50 grams of whole wheat pasta with 1 tbsp olive oil and parmesan cheese
220pm 2 MASSFX
245pm workout
410pm post w/o shake = 50g whey, 50g WMS in water
700pm italian dinner with the family = cheat meal, 6 fish oil, a multi
1230am 4 osteo-sport, 1 MASSFX

NOTES
let me first shed some light on my diet for the day. mon, wed, fri i have 3 straight classes from 9am-1pm and only a 10 minute break in between, so i will definitely be having a shake in between with prolly some peanut butter or flax meal. also, fell asleep on my girlfriends couch around 1030 or so, and woke up around midnight, and drove home to take my nightly supps. so basically didnt eat the last 5 hours or so of being awake. not a good idea. oh well. diet will definitely be a lot better from here on out :D

on the real tho, holy sh*t. im not quite sure if it was 3 day carb up over the weekend, or the mass fx working its magic, but i had the most epic pump after the workout. i literally couldnt believe what i saw. i was looking lean, dry, and fcukin huge. either way, awesome workout. shoulder had a little discomfort, but wasnt unbearable by any means. actually felt a lot better than i was expecting.

also, im going to use the 22 push ups as an evaluation of upper body muscular endurance. keep in mind, this was only the 3rd structured chest workout ive had in about 3 months, so strength and endurance is definitely down. depressingly down. but im determined to bring it back up to the best of my ability.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - 10 / 07 / 2008

TRAINING
SHOULDERS

Cable Upright Rows
100 x 12
120 x 12
140 x 12
200 x 10
160 x 12
120 x 12
80 x 15

Tri-Set Madness :aargh:
Incline (stomach down) DB Front Raises
-superset-
DB Shrugs
-superset-
DB Swings

20's x 15 -- 100's x 15 -- 50 x 15
20's x 15 -- 110's x 15 -- 50 x 15
20's x 15 -- 110's x 12 -- 40 x 15

Random DB Shrug Set For Sh*ts and Giggles
120's x 10

One Arm DB Side Laterals
20 x 12
25 x 12
25 x 12

One Arm Cable Reverse Flyes
20 x 15
40 x 12
50 x 12
35 x 15

Bent Over DB Raises
30's x 12
30's x 12

CALVES

Seated Calf Raises
2 plates x 20
3 plates x 12
4 plates x 12
5 plates x 8
4 plates x 12
3 plates x 15
2 plates x 15

One Leg Standing DB Calf Raises (done on a raised box)
40 x 12 (each leg)
40 x 12
40 x 10

Seated Calf Extensions (seated, but legs are extended)
140 x 15
140 x 15
140 x 12

DIET
1115am 4 eggs, 4 slices turkey bacon, 1 cup oats with brown sugar, 1 cup skim milk, 4 fish oil, a multi
1230pm 2 MASS FX
130pm workout
310pm post workout shake = 50g whey, 50g WMS in water
430pm 8 oz chicken, about 50 grams whole wheat pasta with 1 tbsp olive oil and parmesan cheese, 4 fish oil, a multi
650pm 2 chicken and green chili tamales, a couple spoonfuls organic peanut butter
720pm 2 MASSFX
940pm 2 scoops ATW w/ giant spoonful of organic PB in water
1230am 4 caps osteo-sport

NOTES
diet was a lot better today. not even finished eating today, but i definitely got about 2 more meals in me, probably some whey and pb, and then some cottage cheese later on. its been a little bit of a challenge eating about 1000 more kcals than i have been for the past 10 months, so bare with me. in a couple days ill get the hang of having this extra food in my belly.

had another epic workout today. i wanted to do a full blown traps workout, but i remembered im doing deads tmrw, so i decided to save em for tmrw so that i can perform to the best of my ability on deads.

great pump today, shoulder felt good. ive recently started to really hammer my calves when i do them. and ive recently seen a lot of results in terms of mass and strength. shoulders, despite lack of activity with them, didnt feel too incredibly weak today. i felt i could have done more weight on all the exercises, but again, i decided to increase intensity with a few more reps and shorter rest time.

again, im not sure if im getting these epic workouts because of mass fx, or just the carb up giving me that "food pump", but im liking it a lot. so far, im feeling pretty good. i think its too early to see anything really, but im keeping my eye open for signs that test levels are higher: ie acne, libido, mood, strength, etc.

Last edited:
Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in buddy, good luck with this! :)

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
currently listening to:

AFI - "Answer That And Stay Fashionable"

Iron and Wine - "Woman King"

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workouts so far.

MassFX upregulates the enzymes used to produce nitric oxide. Needless to say, it makes for some wicked awesome pumps. Personally, think it's a better pump than any of the AAKG based NO-products.

What are "Side Swings" as part of your triple set in your shoulder workout?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Nice workouts so far.

MassFX upregulates the enzymes used to produce nitric oxide. Needless to say, it makes for some wicked awesome pumps. Personally, think it's a better pump than any of the AAKG based NO-products.

What are "Side Swings" as part of your triple set in your shoulder workout?
the DB swing is the same as a kettlebell swing. more of a power movement, working core, legs, shoulders, back. they say not to control the KB on the way down, but i do, putting some tension on the front dealts, making it a power-hypertrophy move.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz5XEcu_ij4"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Quick Update

my weight was 181 just now. yesterday i was about 178.5.

+2.5 lbs

i attribute this to my glycogen levels probably getting back up to the full mark. ive been slowly putting a couple pounds on here or there since friday when my refeed began.

however, i looked significantly leaner this morning. so good to know its not water weight. update tonight.

back and abs today after class sometime.
ill be doing my deadlift assessment today. im should for 315 at least once, maybe twice. 315x2 is my current max. but that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. and ive had some decent progress with legs and rack deads over those 4 weeks, so hopefully that will translate into one or two more reps. plus the amazing workouts ive been having, i think 315x3 or 4 is definitely attainable today. here we go.....

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 - 10 / 08 / 08

TRAINING
BACK
Deadlifts
135 x 12
185 x 12
225 x 12
275 x 6
295 x 3
315 x 2

One Arm DB Rows
70 x 10
100 x 10
110 x 10
120 x 8

EZ Bar Underhand Cable Row
120 x 12
150 x 12
180 x 12
210 x 10

ABS
Decline Bench Sit-ups -superset- side bends
BW x 40 -superset- 25 lb plate x 40 each side
BW x 20 -superset- 25 lb plate x 20 each side
BW x 20 followed by 10 second static hold

DIET
650am 2 MASS FX
730am 5 eggs, 1 cup oats with half scoop ATW isolate, 1 cup skim milk, a mutli, 4 fish oil
1020am homemade protein bar containing oats, whey isolate, natty peanut butter, and skim milk
115pm whole wheat pasta with 6oz tuna, marinera sauce, and 1 tbsp olive oil, a multi
220pm 2 MASS FX
245pm workout
445pm 2.5 scoops ON Whey, 50g WMS in water
***MEALS WILL BE UPDATED ASAP***

NOTES
fairly happy with my performance today. i was a little bit scared that i wouldnt be able to get 315 off the ground, but i did, and for a double. though im pretty sure i could have gotten one more out, i got a little worried about my back, and took too much time thinking, and lost momentum and only got 2. oh well. after not doing deads for 1 month due to a minor strain, im extremely pleased about being able to get a double out of it.

rest of the workout went awesome. had a good momentum and an awesome pump the whole time. was even able to keep rest periods down to about 1 to 1.5 minutes, which i normally cant do.

i also noticed a little bit of an anxious, uneasy feeling about an hour after i took the mass fx in the morning, and it lasted to my second class, but i think it was the forslean. ive had that feeling before and it was when i was using higher doses of drive. im sure in a couple days, my body will have adapted to the forslean and the feeling will be gone.

other than that, i can say im loving the mass fx so far. definitely feeling a little more aggressive and focused come gym time. and the pumps, well theyve been epic 3 days in a row. so i LOVE that aspect of mass fx the most so far. no signs of test increase yet. again, im keeping my eye out.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
feeling crappy today. prolly wont lift today and my appetite is nonexistant. so i cant imagine eating a whole lot today. oh well.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the DB swing is the same as a kettlebell swing. more of a power movement, working core, legs, shoulders, back. they say not to control the KB on the way down, but i do, putting some tension on the front dealts, making it a power-hypertrophy move.

Cool stuff. Didn't know you were a kettlebeller. Seems to be gaining a lot of popularity these days.

Just be care for your friends, when doing those. This exercise looks like it has the potential to kill thousands of unborn children.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
feeling crappy today. prolly wont lift today and my appetite is nonexistant. so i cant imagine eating a whole lot today. oh well.
Hope your feeling better soon, bro.

Is the fall weather starting to "kick in" where you live? I know by me, this is the prime time for getting sick.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
felt a lot better today. ate well, and got another epic bicep / forearm workout in. ill post the update later tonight when i get home.

right now, im going to get some thai food with my girlfriend and i couldnt be more excited :D

oh, and MASSFX has kicked in. noticed it big time today. details to come....

NeedMassNow

Awards
Cool log bro...I'll keep up with it to see how the Mass FX works for you. I'm out.
NMN

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 - 10 / 10 / 08

TRAINING
BICEPS
Rope Cable Curls
80 x 15
120 x 12
160 x 10
130 x 12
100 x 15

Standing Barbell Curls -superset- Standing Close grip Barbell Curls
70 x 12 -superset- 40 x 12
80 x 12 -superset- 40 x 12
90 x 10 -superset- 40 x 12

One Arm High Cable Curls
40 x 15
60 x 10
50 x 10
40 x 12

Machine Preacher Curl
80 x 12
95 x 12
110 x 12 -drop- 80 x 12 -drop- 50 x 8

FOREARMS / GRIP
Barbell Reverse Curls
40 x 12
60 x 12
60 x 12
60 x 10
60 x 10

Half Hammer Curls (strong focus on gripping the db, and feeling the negative)
40's x 12
50's x 10
60's x 10 -drop- 40's x 8 -drop- 30's x 8

Heavy DB Holds
75's x 20 sec
90's x 15 sec
100's x 15 sec
70's x 15 sec

One Arm Cable Reverse Curls
12.5 x 12
15 x 12
15 x 12
15 x 12
15 x 12

DIET
820am 4 osteo-sport, 2 mas fx
835am 5 eggs, 2 packets oatmeal
1030am 2.5 scoops whey, 3 tbsp natty pb in water
140pm 7 oz chicken breast, 4 slices whole wheat toast with butter
400pm 2 mass fx
415pm workout, 50g WMS, 4 scoops XTEND intra workout
630pm 2.5 scoops whey in skim milk
9pm thai food and frozen yogurt

NOTES
today ruled. i noticed a nice jump in libido today. it hit me in my 2nd class when i couldnt stop thinking about sex, and the topic of the class was abortion. go figure.

intense foucs in the gym is still going on. had an amazing pump going the whole workout, and again, was able to hit sets with less rest time in between. so im noticing a faster recovery, aggression, and focus.

i came to the conclusion today that for the next few weeks of the log ill try to keep my training very similar to better track weight increases and performance increases. plus i really liked the routine this week so im not opposed to keeping with it.

tmrw ive got legs, which im pretty stoked for. im still stoked on my deads from wednesday. cant wait to see those numbers rise. ive still got some DOMS in my lats from that back session.

umm, i think the forslean is definitely messing with my stomach a little. im going to try the 1-2-1 dosing again, see if that clears it up. i basically **** 6 or 7 times over the course of 2 days, and normally i have maybe 1 or 2 per day. so something was definitely not right. tho it could be something else, i just cant put my finger on it yet. it might be the ON whey. ive had some issues with it before, just not this extreme.

so legs tmrw, and off sunday, and back to the weights on monday. and im excited for monday because im going to fedex to apply for a job. hopefully i get it, cuz i think itd be a great job to have while in school.

other than that, everything rules. love my school schedule, just got awarded unemployment (yessss) and mass fx is treating me very very well. til tmrw....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sick workout, man.

Do you train forearms for any sport specific means? The reason I ask is because I used to do a lot of forearm training when I used to play hockey to improve snap shots and stick skills, and have a few that work well for sports like hockey, lacrosse, and track throwing.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Sick workout, man.

Do you train forearms for any sport specific means? The reason I ask is because I used to do a lot of forearm training when I used to play hockey to improve snap shots and stick skills, and have a few that work well for sports like hockey, lacrosse, and track throwing.
i dream of powerlifting eventually, but im still working on putting a good amount of mass, and developing the grip strength needed for those heavy lifts, and rehabbing my shoulder to be able to bench again. and i, like my socal brother volcom, admire forearm developement a lot. so for the last 5 or 6 months ive been reallllly focusing on forearm and grip strength, as well as forearm size and shape, and i basically dont use straps or gloves anymore, except for deads, and try to focus on my grip everytime i pick up a weight.

but id love to get more suggestions on grip and forearm training, so im down to try out your moves. i try to come up with sh*t on my own, sometimes it works, sometimes i look like a fool at the gym haha. oh well.

update coming up soon.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
ill have 2 updates for ya guys tmrw.

until then. i think this is hilarious.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dream of powerlifting eventually, but im still working on putting a good amount of mass, and developing the grip strength needed for those heavy lifts, and rehabbing my shoulder to be able to bench again. and i, like my socal brother volcom, admire forearm developement a lot. so for the last 5 or 6 months ive been reallllly focusing on forearm and grip strength, as well as forearm size and shape, and i basically dont use straps or gloves anymore, except for deads, and try to focus on my grip everytime i pick up a weight.

but id love to get more suggestions on grip and forearm training, so im down to try out your moves. i try to come up with sh*t on my own, sometimes it works, sometimes i look like a fool at the gym haha. oh well.

update coming up soon.
Cool. I'm writing a sticky note to type up some instructions on the moves. I'll PM it to ya. The one is a superset I learned from an all-american track thrower, and its a doozy. I remember the first time I tried it, I couldn't even complete one superset. I'm sure you'll like 'em.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Cool. I'm writing a sticky note to type up some instructions on the moves. I'll PM it to ya. The one is a superset I learned from an all-american track thrower, and its a doozy. I remember the first time I tried it, I couldn't even complete one superset. I'm sure you'll like 'em.
sweet thanks man. hopefully its one of those moves that leaves your forearms and wrists burning for 20 seconds after the move is complete :aargh:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 - 10 / 11 / 08

TRAINING
QUADS
Leg Extensions
70 x 15 x 3 (knee / quad warm up)

Squats
135 x 12
185 x 8
185 x 8
135 x 10

Hack Squats (Feet together, ATP, ASS TO PLATFORM :D)
130+Machine Weight (MW) x 12 x 3
130+MW x 10 x 2

Leg Extensions
100 x 12
130 x 12
145 x 12 x 2

HAMSTRINGS
Lying Leg Curls
95 x 15
110 x 12
125 x 12
125 x 10

Stiff Legged DB Deadlifts
40's x 12
50's x 12
60's x 12
70's x 12
80's x 12

CALVES
Seated Calf Raises
90 lbs x 12
135 x 12
180 x 12
225 x 8
225 x 6
135 x 12
90 x 15

Seated Calf Extensions
160 x 15
160 x 12
140 x 15
140 x 10

NOTES
by, the best legs session ive ever had. not because of MASS FX, but because i FINALLY nailed my form on squats, and although i went down in weight, it felt GREAT. was able to go below parallel, felt it big time in my quads AND hams, and it was awesome. so ill use the 285 x 8 as my leg strength assessment. :woohoo:

i did have an amazing pump throughout the whole workout. still feeling it in terms of being able to go with shorter rest periods.

like i said, diet wasnt really completely on track. had some sushi for dinner with my girlfriend, and a bowl of cereal as a snack mid day sometime.

im also reallllly liking the XTEND + WMS intra workout. i think im going be sticking with it for a long time. i just need to start stockpiling jugs of XTEND so i never run out!

oooo also. getting a little bit of acne on my chest here or there. its usually there at night, and gone in the morning. so not sure if its truly acne or if its because of test increase, but its there. libido and mood are also still up in the sky :D

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 - 10 / 12 / 08

TRAINING
TRAPS
DB Shrugs
60's x 15
90's x 15
100's x 12
110's x 12
120's x 12 x 2
100's x 15

Close-Grip BB Upright Rows
40 x 12
60 x 12
70 x 10 x 2

BB Shrugs
135 x 20
225 x 15 x 3

ABS / OBLIQUES
Decline Crunches
BW x 25 (warm up)
BW x 15
BW x 12
BW x 12
BW x 12 - 10 second static hold on 12th rep

Leg Raises on Parallel Bars
BW x 15
BW x 12
BW x 12
BW x 10

High Cable Wood Chops (to each side)
80 x 15 x 2
100 x 15 x 2

Cable Standing Russian Twist (i think i just made this name up haha. basically just a trunk twist using a D-Handle to provide resistance)
50 x 12 x 3 (done to each side)

CARDIO
25 minutes on the treadmill. about 10 minutes @ 15 incline @ 3.0 mph, 10 minutes @ 5 incline @ 5.5 mph, 5 minutes cooldown @ 0 incline @ 3.0 mph

NOTES
i had an urge to hit up the gym. i also had an urge to do some cardio do to less than ideal dieting. then i felt an urge when i got upstairs to the weights to do a trap session! and yeah, it was an excellent workout all in all. ive still got DOMS in my traps right now. and unfortunately, i had to use my versa grips because when i did DB stiff leg deadlifts saturday, my hands got f*ckin torn up. so i used my grips for the first time for something other than deads in a good 4 or 5 months i think. maybe longer. oh well. made for an awesome traps workout.

as always, pump was incredible. im pretty convinced MASS FX is doing some awesome stuff for me in terms of immediate results, i.e. pump, focus, energy, aggression.

libido still up. acne is still doing the disappearing act. forslean isnt giving me so much discomfort anymore. i think my body is finally getting adjusted to it.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 - 10 / 13 / 08

TRAINING
CHEST
Mid Cable Flyes
30 x 15
50 x 15
70 x 12
80 x 12
80 x 10

Push-Ups (feet elevated on bench, shoulder-width grip on dumbbells)
BW x 18
BW x 16
BW x 16
BW x 20 :)wtf:not sure where the extra reps came from. must have been the song i was listening too)

Incline Bench, Supinated Flyes
10lb plates in each hand x 15
10lb plates x 12 x 2

One Arm High Cable Flyes
40 x 12 x 2
60 x 12
60 x 10

TRICEPS
EZ Curl Cable Push Downs
100 x 15
130 x 12
160 x 12
200 x 12 x 2 :)head: PR b*tches. comments on it will be in notes)
170 x 10
140 x 13

Cable Push Downs
100 x 10
120 x 10
140 x 10
140 x 8

EZ Curl Reverse Grip Cable Push Downs
100 x 15
120 x 12
140 x 12
160 x 10

DIET
7am 1 MASSFX, 2 Caff tabs, 2 True Focus (NOW FOODS)
820am 4 eggs, 1/2 cup egg beaters (=2 eggs minus fat and cholesterol), 4 slices toast with cinnamon
11am 2 MASSFX
12pm workout - 5 scoops XTEND, 60g WMS
145pm 8 oz turkey breast, mostacciolis with sauce and mozzarella cheese
5pm 8 oz chicken breast, pasta with sauce and mozzarella cheese

NOTES
well let me comment on the PR. previously, i had only been able to hit 200 (whole stack) for 6 or 7 clean reps, and 2 or 3 more "momentum reps". so this is obviously a nice jump in weight, which im VERY happy about. ive been trying to really bring up my tris in the last couple months, and im really starting to notice the added strength and mass ive been able to add. and the 2 sets of 12 i did, were 12 clean reps both time. tho the 12th rep both times, especially the 2nd set, were just short of failure. it was quite the struggle and a lot of pain getting that last one each time.

well, had one of the most awesome pumps ive ever had. it was the movement limiting kind of pump, where your arms feel too big to move, and youre shirt sleeves are significantly tighter when you put a clean shirt on. not to mention i looked really lean.

ive been able to keep relatively lean so far despite less than ideal diet, and a huge increase in calories in the past week or so. my arms/delts look more defined, chest looks a little more defined, and abs are still at about the same place. im also feeling a lot fuller throughout the day, an all day pump almost. not quite like i had with anabolic pump or drive/rpm, but its only been one week, so im expecting this to get better as time goes on.

so end of week 1, i think massfx is pretty much kicked in at this point. now its just up to me to keep training and diet on track and i think ill be making some huge gains in lifts, and probably about 3 or 4 lean pounds.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lookn good bro! The machine weight for the hack squat, Id guess is about 10lbs.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys.

yeah i usually estimate hack squat, leg press, and smith at around 15lbs.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
couple quick things:
weight was 186 this morning. i dont expect this to be COMPLETELY accurate. i think my body was still in glycogen replenishing mode during the week. im thinking an actual increase in weight of about 2 or 3 pounds, not 5. but hey, hopefully im wrong, and it legitimately and just gaining weight very easily.

also, ive got some unfamiliar and AWESOME DOMS in my lower triceps, something ive never really felt before.

ill try to get an update up tonight before bed. i may not have time tho because ive got some reading and hw to do for classes tmrw. stay tuned....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the PR man. Keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
i just had one of the greatest back workouts.

i got 2 updates for ya guys later tonight.

ps. mass fx is the sh*t.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 - 10 / 14 / 08

TRAINING
SHOULDERS
Cable Upright Rows
80 x 20
120 x 12
160 x 12

Lying Upright Rows On Low Cable Row Machine
90 x 12
105 x 10
120 x 10
90 x 15

DB Side Laterals (each arm)
20lb x 15 x 3
25 x 12 x 2

Bent Over DB Reverse Flyes
20's x 15
35's x 12
50's x 10 x 3

DB Front Raises
20's x 12 x 2
15's x 15 x 2

CALVES
Seated Calf Raises
2 plates x 15
3 plates x 15
4 plates x 12 x 2

Seated Calf Extensions (each leg)
80 x 15
100 x 15
120 x 15
140 x 12 x 2
-both legs, burnout-
200 x 15 x 2

NOTES
was a good shoulder day. i really like the lying upright rows. just adds a little bit of variety to it and makes it burn a little more.

also not too much pain or discomfort in my shoulder. seems to be at bay a little bit. im still warming up my shoulder with various rotator cuff movements before my shoulder and chest routines. seems like it helps.

mass fx is still treating me very well. libido is still up. workouts are getting better and better. and i seem to be getting fuller as each day goes by. and im noticing faster recovery too. DOMS that normally lasts 2 or 3 days is only lasting about 1, MAYBE 1.5 days. and weight is still at 186. which is nice, because im still relatively lean, so i know its only a little bit of fat.

oh and i havent been logging my diet past couple of days. so ill try to get back on that. im feeling old i guess and not really remembering what im eating and when. oh well. i am eating a lot. its getting a little bit easier, but going from a 10 month cut to a bulk is hard work!

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 - 10 / 15 / 08

TRAINING
BACK
Deadlifts
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 8
275 x 6
295 x 6 x 2 (not a PR, but the most ive ever tried to rep for more than like 3 reps)

Hammer Strength Rows (narrow grip, end point of hand was just a bit behind my body)
90lb x 10 (each arm)
115lb x 10
160lb x 10
185 x 12
185 x 10
160 x 15

Cable Face Pulls With Rope Attachment
120 x 12
140 x 12 x 4

Close Grip Pull Ups (used close grip cable attachment draped over the normal pull up bar)
BW x 8 x 3

ABS
was kind of strapped for time, so i just did like 4 or 5 sets of decline crunches, reps ranging from 30 to 15 on the last set, with about 30-45 seconds of rest

NOTES
a truly epic back session today. i kind of fell in love with that hammer strength row machine. was an odd feeling at first, but then i liked it, a lot. and then seeing myself go up so high in weight made me even happier. was not expecting to be able to hand that much.

deads also went well. ive already got a sore back and lower back right now from today. was also a lot more volume than i do for back. and i handled it well. i had full energy the whole time. i think the XTEND + WMS cocktail really helped out tho. plus it tastes amazing, so, win win for me.

still getting the all day pumps. still looking relatively lean, maybe a little bit leaner in my arms and chest. libido is still high as ever, and being put to good use haha. i really want to try a MASS FX run dosing at 6 or 8 caps a day tho. i think that would make for a truly awesome natty cycle.

and i wish i was just a bit older so i could try out 3-AD. been reading some logs recently and i want to try it. but MASS FX will do for now.

tmrw i may try to get some fasted cardio in. biceps and forearms tmrw (my favorite day). also kind of a busy day tmrw. got gym in the morning, then a meeting at school for the national student exchange, and then a dentist appointment. AND i need to cook my 4 pounds of chicken breast tmrw on my foreman. and then i have a test to study for that i have on friday. so should be interesting.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wholy sh1t! You are doing reverse flys with 50's?! damn son

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
my back is unusually sore today. not like i injured it or something, but its a whole new type of sore on my back. and its top to bottom. its great.

bicep and forearm session in a little bit.

time to get psyched!
:frustrate :aargh: :twisted: :bruce3:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont even see the bigger guys doing 50s for reverse flys. Highest Ive seen someone going in my gym was 40s and that guy was loaded with roids/gh! My rotator cuff would kick my ass if I ever attempted it at the weight.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
headin to ucla tonight to chill with some friends and study all day tmrw. might even be able to get some lifting in at the kickass gym they have on campus.

will put up 2 updates tonight hopefully, which will include a killer bi workout and a grueling leg session that i had this afternoon. im already in DOMS city :rant: :aargh:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 - 10 / 16 / 08

TRAINING
BICEPS
BB Curl
40lb x 20
60 x 15
70 x 12
80 x 12
90 x 10
100 x 8
100 x 8
80 x 10
80 x 8

EZ Curl Cable Curls (inner grip)
100 x 15
120 x 12
140 x 12
160 x 12
180 x 6, rest pause, 180 x 4

DB Hammer Curls
35's x 15
40's x 12
45's x 10
40's x 10
30's x 10

Rope Cable Curls
120 x 12
140 x 10
140 x 8 -drop- 100 x 10

FOREARMS
EZ Curl Cable Reverse Curls
80 x 12
100 x 12
120 x 10

45lb Plate Pinchers (each hand)
20 sec
17 sec
17 sec

Heavy DB Holds
100's x 15 sec
100's x 13 sec
100's x 10 sec

NOTES
had a so so pump today. it wasnt as skin splitting as i had with my chest / tri sesh. but it was still good. havent hit 100 on curls since i was high dosing rpm and drive. then i cut down some more and lost a bit of strength. oh well. no biggy. you live and you learn.

this is also one of the first times ive done close grip cable curls, and i gotta say i liked the feel of it. but im still a big fan of the rope curls and hammer curls. forearms were kind of rushed, because i had to get to my dentist appointment.

diet has been good. ive been lazy in logging it, so im just not goin to be including it anymore. and im still dosing everything the same. 2-2 dosing for massfx, and 4 osteo-sport first thing in the morning.

im feeling a bit bigger. my shirts are getting a little tighter in the sleeves, back, chest, and shoulders, so i know im growing a little bit :D and weight is staying around 186-187 right now, and im still pretty lean. stil able to see my top abs, so im prolly still hovering around 10-12%bf.

libido is still high. austin powers-esque if you will haha. my girlfriend commented i had a little bit of acne on my back. not much, but a little bit more than i usually have. i havent really noticed anything with hair either. seems to be staying intact and growing at a normal rate.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Day 12 - 10 / 17 / 08

TRAINING
3 light sets of 15 on both leg extensions and leg curls, stretching hams, quads, and calves in between each set.

QUADS
Squats (strength up!)
135 x 12
185 x 8
205 x 6
225 x 5
185 x 7
135 x 8

Leg Extensions (strength up!)
100 x 15
130 x 12
145 x 12
160 x 12
160 x 12
160 x 10 -drop- 100 x 6 -drop- 55 x 10

HAMSTRINGS
DB Stiff Leg Deadlifts (strength up!)
35's x 12
50's x 12
60's x 12
70's x 12
90's x 12
90's x 10
70's x 12

Lying Leg Curls
95 x 10
95 x 10
95 x 8

NOTES
really good leg day. noticeable strength gain in pretty much all my exercises. very happy about this. now im looking forward to my next back day so that i can see if this strength increase will be evident in my deadlift.

nothing else to say :rasp:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking like you're going good so far, dude. Now that you've been using Osteosport for a while now, how are you finding your shoulder etc. compared to how it was pre-Osteosport?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Looking like you're going good so far, dude. Now that you've been using Osteosport for a while now, how are you finding your shoulder etc. compared to how it was pre-Osteosport?
its definitely a lot better. doesnt really click anymore. doesnt hurt all day like it used to. still a little bit of pain, but its minimal. i definitely need to get a closer look at it tho. only problem is i cant get an appointment until about 3 weeks from now. until then im just avoiding movements that cause pain as best i can.

youve also reminded me to write up the mini-review for osteo sport. ill get cracking on that this week when midterms are finally over.

thanks for the support too. im also really happy with how its going so far. and im not even half way done yet!

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' good in here, bro! Glad to hear the shoulder's feeling better. Keep up the good work!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mission1 Supplements 1