Roland-a-joint's MASS FX Log (sponsored)

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Day 8 - 10 / 13 / 08

TRAINING
    CHEST
    Mid Cable Flyes
    30 x 15
    50 x 15
    70 x 12
    80 x 12
    80 x 10

Push-Ups (feet elevated on bench, shoulder-width grip on dumbbells)
    BW x 18
    BW x 16
    BW x 16
    BW x 20 (not sure where the extra reps came from. must have been the song i was listening too)

Incline Bench, Supinated Flyes
    10lb plates in each hand x 15
    10lb plates x 12 x 2

One Arm High Cable Flyes
    40 x 12 x 2
    60 x 12
    60 x 10

TRICEPS
    EZ Curl Cable Push Downs
    100 x 15
    130 x 12
    160 x 12
    200 x 12 x 2 ( PR b*tches. comments on it will be in notes)
    170 x 10
    140 x 13

Cable Push Downs
    100 x 10
    120 x 10
    140 x 10
    140 x 8

EZ Curl Reverse Grip Cable Push Downs
    100 x 15
    120 x 12
    140 x 12
    160 x 10

DIET
    7am 1 MASSFX, 2 Caff tabs, 2 True Focus (NOW FOODS)
    820am 4 eggs, 1/2 cup egg beaters (=2 eggs minus fat and cholesterol), 4 slices toast with cinnamon
    11am 2 MASSFX
    12pm workout - 5 scoops XTEND, 60g WMS
    145pm 8 oz turkey breast, mostacciolis with sauce and mozzarella cheese
    5pm 8 oz chicken breast, pasta with sauce and mozzarella cheese

NOTES
    well let me comment on the PR. previously, i had only been able to hit 200 (whole stack) for 6 or 7 clean reps, and 2 or 3 more "momentum reps". so this is obviously a nice jump in weight, which im VERY happy about. ive been trying to really bring up my tris in the last couple months, and im really starting to notice the added strength and mass ive been able to add. and the 2 sets of 12 i did, were 12 clean reps both time. tho the 12th rep both times, especially the 2nd set, were just short of failure. it was quite the struggle and a lot of pain getting that last one each time.

well, had one of the most awesome pumps ive ever had. it was the movement limiting kind of pump, where your arms feel too big to move, and youre shirt sleeves are significantly tighter when you put a clean shirt on. not to mention i looked really lean.

ive been able to keep relatively lean so far despite less than ideal diet, and a huge increase in calories in the past week or so. my arms/delts look more defined, chest looks a little more defined, and abs are still at about the same place. im also feeling a lot fuller throughout the day, an all day pump almost. not quite like i had with anabolic pump or drive/rpm, but its only been one week, so im expecting this to get better as time goes on.

so end of week 1, i think massfx is pretty much kicked in at this point. now its just up to me to keep training and diet on track and i think ill be making some huge gains in lifts, and probably about 3 or 4 lean pounds.

2. Congrats on that PR, homey!!
    •   

3. Lookn good bro! The machine weight for the hack squat, Id guess is about 10lbs.
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

4. thanks guys.

yeah i usually estimate hack squat, leg press, and smith at around 15lbs.

5. couple quick things:
    weight was 186 this morning. i dont expect this to be COMPLETELY accurate. i think my body was still in glycogen replenishing mode during the week. im thinking an actual increase in weight of about 2 or 3 pounds, not 5. but hey, hopefully im wrong, and it legitimately and just gaining weight very easily.

also, ive got some unfamiliar and AWESOME DOMS in my lower triceps, something ive never really felt before.

ill try to get an update up tonight before bed. i may not have time tho because ive got some reading and hw to do for classes tmrw. stay tuned....

6. i just had one of the greatest back workouts.

i got 2 updates for ya guys later tonight.

ps. mass fx is the sh*t.
  7. Day 9 - 10 / 14 / 08

TRAINING
    SHOULDERS
    Cable Upright Rows
    80 x 20
    120 x 12
    160 x 12

Lying Upright Rows On Low Cable Row Machine
    90 x 12
    105 x 10
    120 x 10
    90 x 15

DB Side Laterals (each arm)
    20lb x 15 x 3
    25 x 12 x 2

Bent Over DB Reverse Flyes
    20's x 15
    35's x 12
    50's x 10 x 3

DB Front Raises
    20's x 12 x 2
    15's x 15 x 2

CALVES
    Seated Calf Raises
    2 plates x 15
    3 plates x 15
    4 plates x 12 x 2

Seated Calf Extensions (each leg)
    80 x 15
    100 x 15
    120 x 15
    140 x 12 x 2
    -both legs, burnout-
    200 x 15 x 2

NOTES
    was a good shoulder day. i really like the lying upright rows. just adds a little bit of variety to it and makes it burn a little more.

also not too much pain or discomfort in my shoulder. seems to be at bay a little bit. im still warming up my shoulder with various rotator cuff movements before my shoulder and chest routines. seems like it helps.

mass fx is still treating me very well. libido is still up. workouts are getting better and better. and i seem to be getting fuller as each day goes by. and im noticing faster recovery too. DOMS that normally lasts 2 or 3 days is only lasting about 1, MAYBE 1.5 days. and weight is still at 186. which is nice, because im still relatively lean, so i know its only a little bit of fat.

oh and i havent been logging my diet past couple of days. so ill try to get back on that. im feeling old i guess and not really remembering what im eating and when. oh well. i am eating a lot. its getting a little bit easier, but going from a 10 month cut to a bulk is hard work!
  8. Day 10 - 10 / 15 / 08

TRAINING
    BACK
    Deadlifts
    135 x 10
    185 x 10
    225 x 8
    275 x 6
    295 x 6 x 2 (not a PR, but the most ive ever tried to rep for more than like 3 reps)

Hammer Strength Rows (narrow grip, end point of hand was just a bit behind my body)
    90lb x 10 (each arm)
    115lb x 10
    160lb x 10
    185 x 12
    185 x 10
    160 x 15

Cable Face Pulls With Rope Attachment
    120 x 12
    140 x 12 x 4

Close Grip Pull Ups (used close grip cable attachment draped over the normal pull up bar)
    BW x 8 x 3

ABS
    was kind of strapped for time, so i just did like 4 or 5 sets of decline crunches, reps ranging from 30 to 15 on the last set, with about 30-45 seconds of rest

NOTES
    a truly epic back session today. i kind of fell in love with that hammer strength row machine. was an odd feeling at first, but then i liked it, a lot. and then seeing myself go up so high in weight made me even happier. was not expecting to be able to hand that much.

deads also went well. ive already got a sore back and lower back right now from today. was also a lot more volume than i do for back. and i handled it well. i had full energy the whole time. i think the XTEND + WMS cocktail really helped out tho. plus it tastes amazing, so, win win for me.

still getting the all day pumps. still looking relatively lean, maybe a little bit leaner in my arms and chest. libido is still high as ever, and being put to good use haha. i really want to try a MASS FX run dosing at 6 or 8 caps a day tho. i think that would make for a truly awesome natty cycle.

and i wish i was just a bit older so i could try out 3-AD. been reading some logs recently and i want to try it. but MASS FX will do for now.

tmrw i may try to get some fasted cardio in. biceps and forearms tmrw (my favorite day). also kind of a busy day tmrw. got gym in the morning, then a meeting at school for the national student exchange, and then a dentist appointment. AND i need to cook my 4 pounds of chicken breast tmrw on my foreman. and then i have a test to study for that i have on friday. so should be interesting.

9. Wholy sh1t! You are doing reverse flys with 50's?! damn son
    •   

10. my back is unusually sore today. not like i injured it or something, but its a whole new type of sore on my back. and its top to bottom. its great.

bicep and forearm session in a little bit.

time to get psyched!
    :bruce3:

11. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Wholy sh1t! You are doing reverse flys with 50's?! damn son
    stop youre making me blush :chick:

12. I dont even see the bigger guys doing 50s for reverse flys. Highest Ive seen someone going in my gym was 40s and that guy was loaded with roids/gh! My rotator cuff would kick my ass if I ever attempted it at the weight.

13. headin to ucla tonight to chill with some friends and study all day tmrw. might even be able to get some lifting in at the kickass gym they have on campus.

will put up 2 updates tonight hopefully, which will include a killer bi workout and a grueling leg session that i had this afternoon. im already in DOMS city
  14. Day 11 - 10 / 16 / 08

TRAINING
    BICEPS
    BB Curl
    40lb x 20
    60 x 15
    70 x 12
    80 x 12
    90 x 10
    100 x 8
    100 x 8
    80 x 10
    80 x 8

EZ Curl Cable Curls (inner grip)
    100 x 15
    120 x 12
    140 x 12
    160 x 12
    180 x 6, rest pause, 180 x 4

DB Hammer Curls
    35's x 15
    40's x 12
    45's x 10
    40's x 10
    30's x 10

Rope Cable Curls
    120 x 12
    140 x 10
    140 x 8 -drop- 100 x 10

FOREARMS
    EZ Curl Cable Reverse Curls
    80 x 12
    100 x 12
    120 x 10

45lb Plate Pinchers (each hand)
    20 sec
    17 sec
    17 sec

Heavy DB Holds
    100's x 15 sec
    100's x 13 sec
    100's x 10 sec

NOTES
    had a so so pump today. it wasnt as skin splitting as i had with my chest / tri sesh. but it was still good. havent hit 100 on curls since i was high dosing rpm and drive. then i cut down some more and lost a bit of strength. oh well. no biggy. you live and you learn.

this is also one of the first times ive done close grip cable curls, and i gotta say i liked the feel of it. but im still a big fan of the rope curls and hammer curls. forearms were kind of rushed, because i had to get to my dentist appointment.

diet has been good. ive been lazy in logging it, so im just not goin to be including it anymore. and im still dosing everything the same. 2-2 dosing for massfx, and 4 osteo-sport first thing in the morning.

im feeling a bit bigger. my shirts are getting a little tighter in the sleeves, back, chest, and shoulders, so i know im growing a little bit and weight is staying around 186-187 right now, and im still pretty lean. stil able to see my top abs, so im prolly still hovering around 10-12%bf.

libido is still high. austin powers-esque if you will haha. my girlfriend commented i had a little bit of acne on my back. not much, but a little bit more than i usually have. i havent really noticed anything with hair either. seems to be staying intact and growing at a normal rate.
  15. Day 12 - 10 / 17 / 08

TRAINING
    3 light sets of 15 on both leg extensions and leg curls, stretching hams, quads, and calves in between each set.

QUADS
    Squats (strength up!)
    135 x 12
    185 x 8
    205 x 6
    225 x 5
    185 x 7
    135 x 8

Leg Extensions (strength up!)
    100 x 15
    130 x 12
    145 x 12
    160 x 12
    160 x 12
    160 x 10 -drop- 100 x 6 -drop- 55 x 10

HAMSTRINGS
    DB Stiff Leg Deadlifts (strength up!)
    35's x 12
    50's x 12
    60's x 12
    70's x 12
    90's x 12
    90's x 10
    70's x 12

Lying Leg Curls
    95 x 10
    95 x 10
    95 x 8

NOTES
    really good leg day. noticeable strength gain in pretty much all my exercises. very happy about this. now im looking forward to my next back day so that i can see if this strength increase will be evident in my deadlift.

nothing else to say

16. Looking like you're going good so far, dude. Now that you've been using Osteosport for a while now, how are you finding your shoulder etc. compared to how it was pre-Osteosport?
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

17. Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Looking like you're going good so far, dude. Now that you've been using Osteosport for a while now, how are you finding your shoulder etc. compared to how it was pre-Osteosport?
    its definitely a lot better. doesnt really click anymore. doesnt hurt all day like it used to. still a little bit of pain, but its minimal. i definitely need to get a closer look at it tho. only problem is i cant get an appointment until about 3 weeks from now. until then im just avoiding movements that cause pain as best i can.

youve also reminded me to write up the mini-review for osteo sport. ill get cracking on that this week when midterms are finally over.

thanks for the support too. im also really happy with how its going so far. and im not even half way done yet!

18. Lookin' good in here, bro! Glad to hear the shoulder's feeling better. Keep up the good work!

19. Late as usual, but I'm in.
  20. Day 12 - 10 / 18 / 08

TRAINING
    CALVES
    Seated Calf Extensions
    100 x 20
    140 x 15
    180 x 15
    220 x 12
    260 x 12

Standing Single Calf Raises (each leg)
    BW x 12
    BW x 12
    BW+25lb plate x 12

Seat Calf Raises
    90lbs x 15
    135 x 12 (super slow, held peak contraction held for 1 second)

TRAPS
    DB Shrugs -superset- hammer strength pull down (viking grip) each arm
    80's x 15
    100's x 15
    120s x 12 -superset- 90lb x 12 E.A.
    120's x 12 -superset- 90 x 12 E.A.
    120's x 12 -superset- 90 x 12
    120's x 10 -drop- 100's x 12 -drop- 80's x 13

BB Behind-the-back Shrugs
    135 x 20
    225 x 15
    225 x 15
    225 x 12

ABS
    Crunches -superset-Hanging Knee Raises
    BW x 15 -superset- BW x 15
    BW x 15 -superset- BW x 12
    BW x 15 -superset- BW x 12

Rope Crunches -superset- Side Bends
    140 x 20 -superset- 25lb plate x 20 (each side)
    160 x 15 -superset- 45lb plate x 15 (each side)
    180 x 15 -superset- 45lb plate x 15 (each side)
    200 x 15 -superset- 35lb plate + 25lb plate (each side)

NOTES
    pretty epic workout. pretty fast paced, high volume, perfect form, amazing pump. i was getting some sick vascularity. the vein in my left shoulder looked like snake and all the veins in my arms were way more visible than normal.

libido is still high. aggression is getting a little higher along with focus, but only in the gym. durign the rest of the day i have an elevated mood, good focus, good energy, did i mention libido?

this week im going to do my best in replicating all exercises from week 1 to do a strength evaluation do gauge progress as im about half way thru the bottle right now.
  21. Day 13 - 10 / 19 / 08

today was an off day. had my mexican side of the family over for my grandma's 80th birthday. had tamales, rice, beans, and threw back a beer or two with some cousins and uncles.

also, im experiencing crazy DOMS in my traps, calves, and abs. i cant remember the last time i had DOMS in my abs to be honest. im responding really well to the higher volume, and it doesnt seem to be hinding gains as im feeling fuller, shirts are tighter, boxers are a little tighter around my thighs, and my pants feel the same, so im very happy with my progress so far. and its only been 2 full weeks.

chest and tris tmrw.

22. I don't know how you guys do those behind the back shrugs. I hate those things. I never feel comfortable doing them.

Sounds like a good day off. I LOVE Mexican food. It's the best cheat food there is. That reminds me that I have to stop by this place called Los Ponchos. It's the top rated Mexican restaurant in the area and I keep forgetting to try it. It's right on the water. Looks real good.

23. damn bro nice weights youre pushin!

24. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I don't know how you guys do those behind the back shrugs. I hate those things. I never feel comfortable doing them.

Sounds like a good day off. I LOVE Mexican food. It's the best cheat food there is. That reminds me that I have to stop by this place called Los Ponchos. It's the top rated Mexican restaurant in the area and I keep forgetting to try it. It's right on the water. Looks real good.
    i took me a while to get a good feeling from behind the back shrugs, but now i love them. i use it as a final move, or as a higher rep move because going too heavy is just too uncomfortable.

25. heres a picture of one of the many plates of food i had at my family get together.

tamales, spanish rice, and beans.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

26. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    its definitely a lot better. doesnt really click anymore. doesnt hurt all day like it used to. still a little bit of pain, but its minimal. i definitely need to get a closer look at it tho. only problem is i cant get an appointment until about 3 weeks from now. until then im just avoiding movements that cause pain as best i can.

youve also reminded me to write up the mini-review for osteo sport. ill get cracking on that this week when midterms are finally over.

thanks for the support too. im also really happy with how its going so far. and im not even half way done yet!
    That's an improvement, for sure. I know that it's helped the irritation of my right biceps tendon, and my hips and knees...Pain management, all good.

Just whenever you have the time. You can post it here (and in the [I]Applied Nutriceuticals[I] section, if you like).

You're welcome. It's important having a great supprt crew
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

27. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Wholy sh1t! You are doing reverse flys with 50's?! damn son
    No joke. I think I use 15s. How in the hell are you controlling those things?

28. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    No joke. I think I use 15s. How in the hell are you controlling those things?
    when you are sitting and doing them bent over(no homo), and the weights start under your knees, you can do a decent amount of weight. and my arms arent straight. my elbows are probably bent at like 135. i think you guys are thinking im doing like straight arm, super strict reverse flyes, where it nearly imitates doing em on the pec dec. this may call for a video.

29. Hey cant wait to see the results! I am doing the same thing you are doin, How much weight have you gained? I am on day 8, and have gained 4.5 lbs and noticed bigger pumps and stength increase. Enjoy!

---I also started eating ALOT, along with HIGH protein intake, lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mass Adipocide! (Partially-Sponsored, Joint Log)
    By Resolve in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 359
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 08:01 PM
  2. Tnubs feelin the magic of Joint Repair (sponsored)
    By tnubs in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 06:05 AM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 10:13 PM
  4. KJ's Ultimate Joint Repair Log (Sponsored)
    By kjkriston in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM