♦Peri-Workout Propulsion (Sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com

♦Peri-Workout Propulsion (Sponsored)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

♦Peri-Workout Propulsion (Sponsored)

Universal's newest product Intra-Aid is an intra-workout performance supplement - EAAs, hydrolyzed whey, fast carbs, electrolytes, beta-alanine, taurine...
    All the happy things we like to chug to give us that extra "boost" in the gym. For more info, check it out at: Intra-Aid!!!!

This morning I strode into the weight-room armed with a brand spanking new tub of Intra-Aid, courtesy of Hoomgar and the other fine folk of UN.

One scoop of it contents into my water-bottle, a few extra grams of dextrose and I was ready to rock. Even as just powder, the stuff tastes good (I got some on my fingers while rooting the scoop out of the tub) and smells good. I knew I was in for a HUGE treat, especially considering I'm accustomed to Bulk BCAAs and dex for peri-workout.

My workouts consist of full-body routines, 3-4 days/week, with undulating periodization and regular unloading. It's what I like, it works and it's put my recovery through the roof.

Today's Workout consisted of:
    1.ATG Squats: 275 : 3x12
    2. DB Rows Supersetted w/ 3.DB Bench: 90DBs: 3x12each
    4.Tricep Rope Pressdowns: 120: 3x12
    5.Seated Calf Raises: 270: 3x12 w/5sec held at stretch point between reps, Supersetted w/ 6.External Rotations: 20DBs: 3x12
    7. Arnold Presses: 50Dbs, supersetted w/ reverse wrist curls: 20: 3x12

I finished up and felt ready to do a whole other workout - I was psyched! Energy was still going strong and still felt I had plenty of muscular stamina. Too early to attribute it entirely to Intra-Aid, but it certainly played a part and made a difference. No BA "tingles", but I've become somewhat inured to those through past of beta-alanine, so I'm not surprised.

One other thing I would like to add - Intra-Aid dilutes very well. My water bottle holds 1 liter, and I will commonly drain it 1-2 times over the course of a workout (I drink a LOT of water). Today, after consuming about 2/3 of my bottles contents (i.e. Intra-Aid) I refilled it completely. One scoop of Intra-Aid had now been dissolved in approx. 1.67 liters of water, and honestly, it still tasted darn good!

So, overall first impression is definitely a good one - Intra-Aid hit all the right buttons for me, and I'm looking forward to Saturday's workout when I get to use it again!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up

Looking good bro. Have at it. I'll be following.

Hg
  3. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

My Vitals

Starting this log last night in rather a fatigued state, I forgot entirely to cover my own background and statistics:

24yo Male
    234lbs this morning
    Approx. 8-9%BF

Diet is currently carb cycling from above maintenance at about 3900cals/day on training days, down to either at or slightly below maintenance on recovery days. 1.5g Prot/lb BW, carbs change each day, and approx 120g healthy fat.

Other Supplements I am using: Fish Oil, Maltodex, Dex, Creatine Mono, Multi, VitC, ZMA, Bulk BCAAs, prot powders.

I am neither really cutting or bulking. Rather I am attempting to gradually continue gaining weight without any increase to my BF% and even decrease it if possible. Yes, it's a slow road to hoe, but I lift for my own benefit and don't compete so It's not like I have any pressing reason to suddenly pack on the pounds. I'm taking a slow, steady march up towards 250.

***NOW @ NP***
    •   

4. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Workout number 2!

All movements 4x6

Bodybuilder' s Front Squats: 245
    Supersetted w/Skull Crushers: 150 - PR

Cleans: 185
    SS'd w/Hammer Curls: 65lb Dbs

Incline Bench: 245 - PR!!!!
    SS'd w/DB Crucifix: 22.5lb Dbs

Standing Machine Calf Raises: 285
    Reverse Cable Curls: 50lb/arm

I have a sprained finger right now, preventing me from performing normal grip front squats. Instead I had to do them "bodybuilder style" which I dislike a lot, as my shoulders and biceps actually end up being the limiting factor in how much I can lift. I think I will sub in hack squats until my finger heals.

Also because of my finger, I am using a wrist strap on my left hand currently, to help me hold the various bars and dumbbells while my grip is compromised. I don't like that either.

What I do like is Intra-aid though! Holy Cow, I can pound myself into the dirt and keep right on going! For both workouts on the stuff so far, I have finished up and felt like "ok, what's next, I'm just warming up." Normally, I am dead on my feet. If this continues throughout my use of the entire tub, I will be adding this to my regular supp regimen.

Now, honestly, it's not like there anything magical or out of the ordinary substance in intra-aid - it's just well established ingredients combined in such a ratio that, so far, has provided great benefit. A good example of how a supp does not always need some new novel extract to be effective and worth using. Simply combining the tried and true can make all the difference.

***NOW @ NP***
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Great log and def sounds like you are experiencing the effects of recovery and so forth. I find I can definitely up the intensity in the gym with Intra aid.
  6. UniversalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post

What I do like is Intra-aid though! Holy Cow, I can pound myself into the dirt and keep right on going! For both workouts on the stuff so far, I have finished up and felt like "ok, what's next, I'm just warming up." Normally, I am dead on my feet. If this continues throughout my use of the entire tub, I will be adding this to my regular supp regimen.

Now, honestly, it's not like there anything magical or out of the ordinary substance in intra-aid - it's just well established ingredients combined in such a ratio that, so far, has provided great benefit. A good example of how a supp does not always need some new novel extract to be effective and worth using. Simply combining the tried and true can make all the difference.
    Nice. Subbed.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Subbed!!!
  8. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Welcome aboard gentlemen! Glad to have you.

Continuing to enjoy Intra-Aid immensely - for the record, I've set several PRs over the last week, and feel that "IA" helped in achieving them.

Yesterday's Workout: 8x3 (Yes, 8Sets of 3reps, try it, it's awesome)

Push Press: 195 PR!
    SS'd with Supinated Lat pulls: 285 (held in contracted position for 2sec each rep)

Good Mornings: 225
    SS'd w/Standing Machine Calf Single Leg Negatives: 300 w/5sec eccentric motion

Decline Bench: 275
    SS'd w/Behind the Back wrist curls: 185 (held for 3sec in contracted position)

The decline bench was a substitute for dips, as I forgot my dipping belt. Not my preference, but 275 gave me no trouble, which is encouraging. That might be a PR, but I vaguely recall hitting 285 on decline, so I'm not sure.

As for the push presses, I can do them in the smith machine with up to 245, but it just doesn't work the shoulders as well - so I bit the bullet and transitioned to free-bar. I can't move as much weight, but the shoulder workout is phenomenally improved.

***NOW @ NP***
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Destroying super sets and setting PRs... does it get any better?
  10. UniversalUSA.com

Continuing to enjoy Intra-Aid immensely - for the record, I've set several PRs over the last week, and feel that "IA" helped in achieving them.
    Honestly, how much do ya attribute the PRs to Intra-Aid?

And more importantly... Do ya like the taste? Hahahaha....
  11. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

I'm doing some movements that I have not done in a while, and I've gotten stronger in the interval since last perfroming them, so setting PRs on some things, like skull-crushers for example, is not too surprising to me.

For the incline press and push press, however, these are some of my favorite movements that I've been using consistently for a while and they've "jumped" up unexpectedly all of a sudden.

I do not think the actual strength increase can be attributed to IA, as I have been improving without, but I do attribute the increased stamina and endurance to it - eights sets of 195 for push press would've left me on the floor a month or two ago. FINISHING a workout with PR setting Incline Bench would've been extremely unlikely.

***NOW @ NP***
  12. UniversalUSA.com

I'm doing some movements that I have not done in a while, and I've gotten stronger in the interval since last perfroming them, so setting PRs on some things, like skull-crushers for example, is not too surprising to me.

For the incline press and push press, however, these are some of my favorite movements that I've been using consistently for a while and they've "jumped" up unexpectedly all of a sudden.

I do not think the actual strength increase can be attributed to IA, as I have been improving without, but I do attribute the increased stamina and endurance to it - eights sets of 195 for push press would've left me on the floor a month or two ago. FINISHING a workout with PR setting Incline Bench would've been extremely unlikely.
    Thanks for the honest feedback, R...
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Lookin good R. Keep pressin in for more each workout bro. The endurance is there with IA.

Hg
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Bolded strong statements. Very honest.
  15. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Another Intense Workout!

Missed my morning cup of coffee today, not that big a deal, but it is my equivalent to a pre-workout stim. Due to this, I went into the gym a little apprehensive, though I hardly could say I felt fatigued.

Anyways, filled my water bottle, which of course had Intra-Aid, dex and creatine mono in it, and chugged half of it immediately prior to lifting - while leaning against the squat wrack. Ended up being a pretty darn good way to go.

No stimulant effect obviously, but I did get a quick rise in energy, followed by the standard stamina that IA has been imparting.

Anyways, today's routine: 3x12

ATG Squats: 275
    DB Rows: 90
    DB Bench: 95
    External Rotations: 22.5
    Arnold Presses: 60
    Cable Tricep Pushdowns: 130

Squats I decided to stick to last week's weight, as I didn't go quite as ATG as I would have liked last time on some reps. Today, I destroyed them - there were cheek prints on the floor.

Rows stayed the same for the same reason (and I didn't use a brace or strap on my injured hand for the first time in several weeks, so my grip was lacking) - those are greatly improved as well.

Everything else increased nicely, though I did fail a rep on my bench - my bad hand just gave out and I dropped the Db onto my chest. Ouch. But I recovered and completed the set.

Intra-Aid - great during a workout and even decent as a pre-workout, whodathunk?

***NOW @ NP***
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Intra-Aid - great during a workout and even decent as a pre-workout, whodathunk?
    I have heard of a few combining shock therapy or other pre workout supps with it. Seems to do the trick just as well.
  17. UniversalUSA.com

Missed my morning cup of coffee today, not that big a deal, but it is my equivalent to a pre-workout stim. Due to this, I went into the gym a little apprehensive, though I hardly could say I felt fatigued.

Anyways, filled my water bottle, which of course had Intra-Aid, dex and creatine mono in it, and chugged half of it immediately prior to lifting - while leaning against the squat wrack. Ended up being a pretty darn good way to go.

No stimulant effect obviously, but I did get a quick rise in energy, followed by the standard stamina that IA has been imparting.

Anyways, today's routine: 3x12

ATG Squats: 275
    DB Rows: 90
    Cable Tricep Pushdowns: 130

Squats I decided to stick to last week's weight, as I didn't go quite as ATG as I would have liked last time on some reps. Today, I destroyed them - there were cheek prints on the floor.

Rows stayed the same for the same reason (and I didn't use a brace or strap on my injured hand for the first time in several weeks, so my grip was lacking) - those are greatly improved as well.

Everything else increased nicely, though I did fail a rep on my bench - my bad hand just gave out and I dropped the Db onto my chest. Ouch. But I recovered and completed the set.

Missing a morning cup of joe can ruin my day, hahaha...

If ya up the dose, it can serve as PWO cuz it's got the PRO and the CHO... That said, ya up the dose, ya up the tingles....
  18. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Worked out today without a spotter - my wife's away for the weekend. With that in mind, I made a few slight alterations to my routine.

4x6:
    Front Squats: 245 -weak hand began giving me issues, so last two sets were sub'ed w/:
    Hack Squats: 365
    SS'd with: Cable Skull Crushers: 190

Power Cleans: 190 PR!
    SS'd w/ Hammer Curls: 70lb Dbs PR!

Hammer Strength Incline Press Machine: 285
    SS'd w/ Db Crucifix: 22.5

Seated Calf Raises: 180
    SS'd w/ Reverse Cable Curls: 110

I barely ever use machines, and haven't touched a chest machine in years. Now I remember why. I was press 40lbs more than free bar and feel less worked out. Almost all activation seemed to come from my triceps cuz the grips are so freaking narrow! Seriously, I had trouble just getting into the machine, it being rather small and me being 6'4" with rather long arms.

The front squats hurt my hand, while the power cleans didn't, which I found interesting.

Also, that PR for the power cleans? Yeah, it was a piece o' cake! My pulls were high and my catches perfect through all four sets. Explosive lifts are hardly my strong point, though they are some of my favorite moves - typically 4-5reps is about my limit unless I go light (and why would I do that?). This is ANOTHER PR I'm chalking up to Intra-Aid, for the explosivity and the endurance.

***NOW @ NP***
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

You are a machine. Sounds like the endurance and intensity has definitely been kicked up a notch.
  20. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Thanks man! I'm just pushing hard and it's paying off. But proper nutrition and recovery is definitely a big part of the progress I'm making, and that's where Intra-Aid has been a bonus.

***NOW @ NP***
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Thanks man! I'm just pushing hard and it's paying off. But proper nutrition and recovery is definitely a big part of the progress I'm making, and that's where Intra-Aid has been a bonus.
    I couldn't agree more with proper nutrition. So many people neglect this area...glad to see you got things covered. Keep up the hard work.
  22. UniversalUSA.com

This is ANOTHER PR I'm chalking up to Intra-Aid, for the explosivity and the endurance.
    Guess ya ain't complaining. Congrats, R...
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up

Whoa! Were seeing PR's in every workout here now all of a sudden!! What's up R, you get your switch turned on bro? Lookin good man. Don't be afraid to use a little more if ya need it. Looks like the IA is really starting to help out during your sessions. Good stuff man.

Hg
  24. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

I always shoot for progress in my workouts - of one kind or another. Sometimes that's perfecting my form, sometimes adding sets or reps, and right now I've been adding weight quite frequently. Many factors are contributing to my increasing strength and stamina, but having workedout both with and without peri-workout nutrition, I do believe Intra-aid is one of those factors, as my performance of late has been exceptional in comparison with myself at other times.

***NOW @ NP***
  25. Banned

Intra-Aid looked like a great product until I saw the addition of carbs. Carbs during training will blunt the release of GH, and unless you are an endurance athlete carbs shouldn't be used peri-workout IMO as well as results to several studies.

The other part that bothers me with logs are all the PR's set. Is it vogue to say you set a new PR when logging or trying a supplement? But I digress...

The log does look solid, keep up the good work and set some new PR's...
  26. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

There are also plenty of studies that support the theory that peri-workout carbohydrates increase protein synthesis, by a significant percent, IIRC.

As for the PRs, I'm sorry, but I'm working hard here! If you don't want to appreciate that, fine. But I have every right to be excited and encouraged when I reach a new high.

I did not give Intra-Aid all the credit for my PRs - many times I have said that other factors have come into play, but I do feel that it is making a contribution to my progress.

As for GH release, yes the presence of insulin can stunt it's release, but the majority of GH release takes place while asleep. For that purpose, I take a nap after working out, following the post workout meal and insulin spike, when blood sugar has dropped and I'm feeling drowsy. Edit: furthermore, insulin is considered more anabolic than growth hormone, therefore, I place priority accordingly around my workout.

I can speak from experience that this method of training and nutrition has done more for me than any other over the past 2years that I have employed it and evenly recently continues to provide results: I'm up six pounds lean mass in the last six weeks.

So please, you are more than welcome to join in with my log, but don't just pop in to bag on me man.

***NOW @ NP***
  27. Banned

There are also plenty of studies that support the theory that peri-workout carbohydrates increase protein synthesis, by a significant percent, IIRC.
    A recent study just published also shows this. I still need to read the entire study, but for the time being here is the details:

# During exercise, CHO should be consumed at a rate of 30 - 60 grams of CHO/hour in a 6 - 8 % CHO solution (8 - 16 fluid ounces) every 10 - 15 minutes. Adding PRO to create a CHO:PRO ratio of 3 - 4:1 may increase endurance performance and maximally promotes glycogen re-synthesis during acute and subsequent bouts of endurance exercise.

# Ingesting CHO alone or in combination with PRO during resistance exercise increases muscle glycogen, offsets muscle damage, and facilitates greater training adaptations after either acute or prolonged periods of supplementation with resistance training.

As for the PRs, I'm sorry, but I'm working hard here! If you don't want to appreciate that, fine. But I have every right to be excited and encouraged when I reach a new high.

I did not give Intra-Aid all the credit for my PRs - many times I have said that other factors have come into play, but I do feel that it is making a contribution to my progress.
    You misinterpreted my post, and justifiably so. I posted in your thread, because you have more detail and also stated there are factors that might have contributed to your new PR's.

As for GH release, yes the presence of insulin can stunt it's release, but the majority of GH release takes place while asleep. For that purpose, I take a nap after working out, following the post workout meal and insulin spike, when blood sugar has dropped and I'm feeling drowsy. Edit: furthermore, insulin is considered more anabolic than growth hormone, therefore, I place priority accordingly around my workout.

I can speak from experience that this method of training and nutrition has done more for me than any other over the past 2years that I have employed it and evenly recently continues to provide results: I'm up six pounds lean mass in the last six weeks.

So please, you are more than welcome to join in with my log, but don't just pop in to bag on me man.
    Anywho, didn't mean to come off as I was bagging on ya. Just throwing my .02 around, because I am interested in this product, and was more or less processing out loud and want to hear some more feedback.

So, keep up the good work.
  28. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Ares, thank you for clarifying your post.

I appreciate the maturity and the reasonableness of your reply.

If it's more feedback on Intra-Aid you want, stick around, I'll keep it coming.

***NOW @ NP***
  29. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

The Mighty 10x3

Today's workout was a good accomplishment in my eyes. Having for the past 2weeks performed 8sets of 3reps on Tuesdays workout, I progressed today up to 10x3, keeping the weight constant at what I used last week.

This progression made a world of difference - my whole body feels worked harder than it has since the onset of this particular routine, and this is a goal I have been working towards since starting it.

For the entirety of today's workout, energy was high, drive fantastic and aggression through the roof! Best of all, my body was totally capable of keeping up with my mind right on through!

My rest intervals were practically non-existant! I was going from one movement in a superset to the next and back in as little time as it took me to transition from one to the other.

Intra-aid has been helping intensify my lifting, but holy crap! Today was by far the best workout on it yet!

I noticed an increase in aggression the last time I was in the gym as well. If it continues to occur, I would have to say it is the Inta-Aid! That is the only factor that has recently been added or altered to my regimen at all.

Anyways, the workout was:
    10x3
    Push Press: 190
    SS'd w/ Supine-Grip Lat-pulls: 285

Good Mornings: 225
    SS'd w/ Leg Press Calf Raises: 7plates per side w/5sec eccentric

Dips: BW+70
    Behind the Back Wrist Curls: 185 w/3sec held contracted

One more thing - I have mentioned how, at the end of a workout, I felt as though I were just warming up? That experience continued today: my mind was still going "c'mon, c'mon" even though I had already beaten my body into the dirt. The cool part, though, is that my body could've kept going if I had made it - the strength was still there.

***NOW @ NP***
  30. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Oh! Also, I was asked by one of the trainers today if I was a competitive BB'er - first time that ever happened! I was on cloud nine for the rest of my workout.

:bb:

***NOW @ NP***
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Thumbs up Welcome to page 2 ;)

Oh! Also, I was asked by one of the trainers today if I was a competitive BB'er - first time that ever happened! I was on cloud nine for the rest of my workout.

:bb:

Man, what next? Wild women chasing you around the gym? LOL!

:chick:

Good stuff so far bro

Hg
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

...so, wait, being chased by women at the gym doesn't happen to everyone? Sometimes I can barely lift, I'm so out of breath...

***NOW @ NP***
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

...so, wait, being chased by women at the gym doesn't happen to everyone? Sometimes I can barely lift, I'm so out of breath...

hmmmm I recommend more cardio. That should help, no?
  34. UniversalUSA.com

Gym membership: $50/month
    Being chased by beautiful women in the gym: priceless
  35. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Gym membership: $50/month
    Being chased by beautiful women in the gym: priceless
    Sounds like an awesome commercial to me!

***NOW @ NP***
  36. UniversalUSA.com

Sounds like an awesome commercial to me!
    I concur, hahaha...
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  201 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    hmmmm I recommend more cardio. That should help, no?
    *L* I think that would qualify as doing cardio...
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MrDead View Post
    *L* I think that would qualify as doing cardio...

Why is it that only the over 40 crowd gets my humor anymore? Props d-man

LOL!

Hg
  39. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Alright - Update's a little late; I've been in and out of the house alot.
    Last night I went to my little brother's Jr. High Football Game - he plays linebacker and running back. He freaking tore it up! 11tackles, 2forced fumbles, 100+yards rushing and a touchdown! They were playing their cross-town *****s and last night was the first time My bro's team ever beat them, so they were ecstatic. Nothing to do with the log, but I'm proud of my little bro - he rocked.

Anyways, not too much sleep the night preceding my last workout, so I entered the gym somewhat fatigued. Still, my aggression was up, though it began to taper as the workout progressed - understandable considering my tiredness. Intra-aid carried me through well, though - I made some progress and stamina endured to the end.

Workout: 3x12
    ATG Squats: 280
    DB Rows: 90 (held at contracted position for 1sec)
    Seated Calf-Raise: 180
    Cable Tricep Pushdown: 140

I worked on minimizing rest mainly, rather than increasing weight this workout, as a 5lb increase to each dumbbell just didn't seem quite reasonable yet - hopefully next week.
    I did increase squats by 5lbs - big deal "5lbs" - but it's still progress and squat is my weak lift. Last set there were a few reps that weren't quite atg, so I probably do 280 again next week and just nail it before adding more.

Additionally, I'ved notice my bodyfat has begun creeping up. Not a huge amount, but not a trend I'd like to continue - I'll be upping my cardio just a little bit to combat this. Adding a morning tabata of burpees and some HIIT to my regimen.

***NOW @ NP***
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Your brother sounds like a beast on the field. Hopefully you can get some solid rest this weekend. Seems like IA definitely helped carry ya through it. Great job responding to your body...
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ♦♦♦ What's your pre-summer PH cycle?
    By iSwole in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
  2. Pre/Peri/Post workout nutrition discussion
    By Ession in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 06:15 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 03:46 PM