BCAA (Extend) miracle supp for strength/body composition

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I've been a heavy supp-whore for years now. I actually have no clue anymore which supps were really effective and which weren't because I've taken dozens same time, I've made nice gains sure, also had some big fallbacks (light depressions/long lasting lethargy/illness etc). Best I've ever been was 220 Lb @ just below 10% BF, taking in 5000 Kcals a day. Stats roughly 2 months ago, 01/08/08: Length 6 feet, weight 198 Lb, BF 15%.

I decided I needed a reset, lots of ups and downs, lots of money spend on supps and some evil stuff, I was doing something wrong.

I adjusted my diet to absolutely standard, no supplements at all apart from 2 whey shakes ED.

Starting diet: 1850 cals, 150 gr Prot, 160 gr Carb, 65 gr Fat.
Coming from 2 whey shakes+milk, wholegrain bread + cheese, chicken breast, vegetables/fruit. 5 meals ED, Dinks: water & coffee.

Training:
Mo:
Squat 3x10
SLDL 3x10
Bench Press 3x10

Wo:
Squat 3x10
Clean&Press 3x10

Fri:
Squat 3x10
Deadlift 5x5
Pushups/Pullups 3 sets max reps

I really liked it this way, had nice and steady gains for weeks, focus on squats, increases every week, not every training, sometimes I would do a 220LB squat on monday, wednesday I would make it till 200LB, and then Friday 225LB. Gained strength while losing fat.

2 weeks ago I found an unused bottle of Extend while cleaning up my house (moving soon) and decided to add that to the mix. I removed 1 whey shake from my diet:

New diet: 1600 cals, 120 gr Prot, 145 gr Carb, 60 gr Fat.
+ 10 scoops Extend

Supplement Facts

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (11.5 grams)
Servings per Container: 90

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin B6 (as Pyroxidine HCI) 10mg 167%
L-Leucine 3.5g **
L-Glutamine 2.5g **
L-Isoleucine 1.75g **
L-Valine 1.75g **
Citruline Malate 1g **

So that would equate to 35g BCAA, 12.5g Glutamine, 5g Citruline Malate.

I have no idea how many cals that adds to my diet, 200 or so??

I just put 2 scoops at a time in a shaker, add water and use it as my drink. Spread out over the day. On training days I take 4 scoops just before training and 1 or 2 after.

Well anyway, since then my workouts have been amazing, I now add weight every single time, I even changed reps for squats from 3x10 to 4x10. Fat loss has accelerated quite a bit. This **** really works wonders!!! I've not been sore in the morning since then either..

I'm now at: weight 189 Lb, BF 12%. So I lost 9 Lb/3% BF in 7 weeks and gained significant strength, half of those results are from the last 2 weeks since replacing 1 whey shake with 10 scoops extend. My waistline is down 1.2 inch, my arms are up 0.2 inch, did not take any other measurements but my legs look thicker ;-)

I do not take any other supplements, only thing I've added is 6 fishoil caps a day starting this monday.

I really am amazed how I can keep adding weight to the bar on such a low calorie (and low protein ;-) diet), keep losing fat.

Ofcourse my goals have changed, I'm now mainly looking into getting stronger, not larger and to feel good, both mentally and phsyically. And it's better then ever now! :)

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from working out and again strength gains.

As a test I repeated Last Saturdays training which was:

Deadlift: 5x180, 5x220, 5x265, 1x330, 1x350
Squat: 10x180, 10x220, 10x240, 10x265

Today:
Deadlift: 5x180, 5x220, 5x265, 2x330, 1x360
Squat: 10x180, 10x220, 10x240, 10x275

Monday I only did Squats 10x180, 10x220, 10x240, 10x270

I simply keep adding 5-10 lbs each training, also increasing deadlift in 5 days with 10 lbs is not standard for me, I normally need 1 week to be able to deadlift my max at that time again.

In the 7 weeks mentioned above the first 5 weeks my strength gains were:
Squat from 180 to 225
Deadlift from 310 to 330

The last 2 weeks on extent:
Squat from 225 to 275
Deadlift from 330 to 360

I don't know what it is that is exactly causing this, I gained more in 2 weeks then in the 5 weeks before. I'm guessing I'm simply fully recovered again each workout which allows me to increase weights every single workout.

Now I'm not near what I used to lift when I was at my strongest but still, the acceleration in gains on extend while eating below maintenance and on low protein simply baffles me...

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I love xtend.
What flavor are you using?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Same here. I am mixing mine with Orange Juice and WMS with 3 caps of Neovar after workout. It's delicious.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Same here. I am mixing mine with Orange Juice and WMS with 3 caps of Neovar after workout. It's delicious.
Your not supposed to drink orange juice while taking creatine. You will have terrible stomach aches!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Your not supposed to drink orange juice while taking creatine. You will have terrible stomach aches!!
lol really? Been doing this for two weeks now without any problems at all..... It's actually a great combo with the WMS and Neovar.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Apparentley, orange juice is very acidic and you dont want to mix it with creatine.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
http://www.trulyhuge.com/creatinemonohydrateL14.html
Creatine is not destroyed in warm water. It should be solved in warm water! Creatine degrades at 303 degrees Celsius. Orange juice or other sources of citric acids will not degrade creatine into creatinine. If this were the case, creatine would never survive in our stomach which is much more acidic than citric acid. However, these juices will only deliver a medium insulin spike, for the best effect go for dextrose.
Any fast-acting carbohydrate source is the ideal choice, but almost any carbohydrate substance is a substantial step up from water. Basically, improving the transport of creatine monohydrate to its ultimate destination, the muscle cells, is dependent on the availability of insulin in the bloodstream. Insulin is released when the body senses large amounts of glucose (the broken-down form of carbohydrates) in the blood. It is then the job of insulin to transport the glucose into cells. Insulin however doesn't just take the glucose; it drives protein, fats, and other substances into the cells as well. And this includes creatine.

Since it's the presence of glucose that stimulates the insulin, you'll need carbohydrates mixed with your creatine. With many of Nutricraze's creatine products, this is already included. But with plain-old creatine monohydrate powder, you want to use the fastest acting carbohydrate source - the one that will release the most insulin. The best is probably grape juice, followed by orange juice (grapefruit and apple juice are a little slow). Basically, look for anything with a high simple sugar content, which includes sports drinks. A lot of fat and protein may slow down the insulin response to an extent. So if you're taking creatine post-workout, take it immediately with carbohydrates and wait 45-60 minutes before eating a large, protein-rich meal.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
looks like there were rumors about 3 years ago that this is bad for you.... but not so much any more.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I used to mix bulk CEE with orange juice, only thing to mask the ultrasharp taste a bit, never had any trouble from it. Now CEE never really worked for me, I hope it's not because of the ornage juice LOL.

P.S. nice DUKE sig :)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
1hp sorry for the thread hijack

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
its all yours now
please continue. lol

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Alright nevermind then.

BTW, congrats on the recomp / strength gains! That is the whole point about this thread. lol

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Alright nevermind then.

BTW, congrats on the recomp / strength gains! That is the whole point about this thread. lol
I'm really amazed, and that on below 2K cals. I dont think I ever gained this fast. Ofcourse I didnt workout 2 months before all this but the strength gains really exploded after adding extent. Adding weight 3 times a week is really impressive. I wonder when it'll stop lol :p

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
WOW! I would be skin and bones @ 1600kcal! That's crazy. Good luck, bro!

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
WOW! I would be skin and bones @ 1600kcal! That's crazy. Good luck, bro!
Yeah lol, well there's 55 grams of extent, probably 200 cals or so aswell, but still very very low!

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Squat: 10x180, 10x220, 10x240, 10x275
Little update:

Squat is up to 10x285lbs, added 5lbs on both friday and today.

increased cals a little, diet now including extent:

2150 cals, 207 gr Prot, 185 gr Carb, 64 gr Fat

Weight is up 3lbs to 192, waist/bf unchanged, had a cheat day on Saturday, lots of fastfood/pizza.

Going to get Diesel once nutraplanet has the new stock in :hammer:

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I've heard great things about Extend,.. never tried it personally, but with all them bcaa's you can't go wrong. Congrats!!!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Little update:

Squat is up to 10x285lbs, added 5lbs on both friday and today.

increased cals a little, diet now including extent:

2150 cals, 207 gr Prot, 185 gr Carb, 64 gr Fat

Weight is up 3lbs to 192, waist/bf unchanged, had a cheat day on Saturday, lots of fastfood/pizza.

Going to get Diesel once nutraplanet has the new stock in :hammer:
how far do you go down on ur squat?
if you go parallel to the floor thats an impressive amount bud.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
how far do you go down on ur squat?
if you go parallel to the floor thats an impressive amount bud.
I normally go below parallel, ATG, but on my topsets sometimes only to parallel, little "stage fright" perhaps lol.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I use the watermelon as well, but I sip it during my cardio days, makes a huge difference. Main thing I like is no creatine in it,for when I'm off creatine. I add Beta Alanine to my mix, and if I'm lifting, WMS. Nice log!!

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
I use the watermelon as well, but I sip it during my cardio days, makes a huge difference. Main thing I like is no creatine in it,for when I'm off creatine. I add Beta Alanine to my mix, and if I'm lifting, WMS. Nice log!!
I've ordered some "refreshing lemonade", should be in today actually, I'll let you know how it tastes ;)

I dont use creatine anymore, only one that really works for me is creatine mono but that really bloates me, including my face. No bloat with CEE but I also dont notice anything from it ;) Kre-alkylin same, no results, Swole V2 did work, little less bloat then mono but still bloat, but Swole V3 makes me nautious, I also tried the controlled labs creatines, also not much result.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I normally go below parallel, ATG, but on my topsets sometimes only to parallel, little "stage fright" perhaps lol.
wow man. 285 x 10 parallel is something to be proud of.
Keep up the good work.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I usually feel that no bloat = doesn't work, but that's my opinion. Some say to up carbs when on creatine and that it helps with the bloat, but I bloat no matter what, but, it did seem to help a bit. CEE I try and stay away from, personal preference, but I've heard it's harder on your kidneys. I usually don't respond as well to creatine as others, but responded real well to Size On. Thanks for letting me know how it will taste, appreciate it!! On a side note, ever try anything form Amino Vital? I've tried their stuff and had good results with it too, I also like the fact there's no artificial sweetner in some of their stuff. I'm going to give Intra Aid by Animal a whirl here soon too, I'll let ya know how that works out. When your cutting, I've found AA's and EAA's really help. Keep u p the good workouts!!

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks for the update on the lemonade flavor. I get bloat too, when I find a creatine that works. I feel no bloat = doesn't work, but that's my opinion. Some say upping your carb intake will help with the bloat, and it did a little for me. Makes sense since I don't take in a alot of carbs, and they are helpful for transporting creatine. I pretty much stay away from CEE, heard it's harder on your kidneys, and it doesn't work for me. Size On worked real well for me, kinda proves the carb thing in my mind and the bloat. but it also has glycerol in it too. On a cut, you can't go wrong with sucking down AA'a and EAA's. Ever try Amino Vital? I have and it's decent. I like it because some of the line has no artificial sweetners in it. Although it lacks the citruline mallate, it adds arginine. I'm going to try Intra Aid here soon from Animal, I'll let ya know how that goes. Take care!!

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Well the "refreshing lemonade" is in. It's a bit lemon like in taste and a little sharper and more chemical tasting. It's doable but I like watermelon way better.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Cool, thanks for the update on the lemonade flavor. I get bloat too, when I find a creatine that works. I feel no bloat = doesn't work, but that's my opinion. Some say upping your carb intake will help with the bloat, and it did a little for me. Makes sense since I don't take in a alot of carbs, and they are helpful for transporting creatine. I pretty much stay away from CEE, heard it's harder on your kidneys, and it doesn't work for me. Size On worked real well for me, kinda proves the carb thing in my mind and the bloat. but it also has glycerol in it too. On a cut, you can't go wrong with sucking down AA'a and EAA's. Ever try Amino Vital? I have and it's decent. I like it because some of the line has no artificial sweetners in it. Although it lacks the citruline mallate, it adds arginine. I'm going to try Intra Aid here soon from Animal, I'll let ya know how that goes. Take care!!
I bought some bulk unflavored BCAA's once, impossible to mix and very bad tasting. When I just put it in my mouth it wouldnt even wash down lol and stick between my teeth forever, yech. I capped some of it and gave the rest away lol.

Only tried extent beside that and love it obviously :)

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Next xtend order ill be grabbing some Beta Alanine and the orange flavor.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Noticed the effects from beta alanine supplementing on my 2nd day. I felt the "Tingles" for the first few times, everyone says it's like a Niacin flush. I used 2 grams each time before and after my workouts, then went to only before, and have pretty much stuck with that. Endurance went up a bit for me, as in 1 to 2 more reps, or cardio being a bit easier. I still take downtime from it like I do every supp, but at the price and the results, it's a staple of mine. Also heard from quite a few of my friends that the orange flavor in extend is the best, but I can't comment on it, never tried that flavor. Good luck with it.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this morning taking my "refreshing lemonade" serving didn't make me a happy man lol, it gets worse the more you take ;)

I'll grab some of those extent watermelon and beta alanine deals on NP..

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Strength up again today :)

Squat is now at 10x290
Deadlift 365

Had to push hard on squats, maybe some cumulative fatigue setting in finally, deadlifts felt easy.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Strength still going up:

Squat 10x300
Deadlift 1x375
Weight: 191lbs

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Final review

In the 7 weeks mentioned above the first 5 weeks my strength gains were:
Squat from 180 to 225
Deadlift from 310 to 330

The last 2 weeks on extent:
Squat from 225 to 275
Deadlift from 330 to 360
I'm going to wrap this up.

Final review/summary:

Strength gains in 5 weeks with no supplements at all:
Squat from 180 to 225 (10 rep max) +45
Deadlift from 310 to 330 (1 rep max) +20

Strength gains in 4 weeks (megadosing) Xtend:
Squat from 225 to 300 (10 rep max) +75
Deadlift from 330 to 375 (1 rep max) +45

I'm 99% sure the acceleration in strength gains is because of the fast recovery on Xtend. I'm squatting 3 times a week, deadlifting 2 times a week, and every training I'm fully recovered and able to add 5 lbs and make my reps.

Awesome, Xtend is a staple for me now.

Remember, below maintenance calory intake all 9 weeks. Lost 7 lbs BW, waist is down 1.4", arms are up 0.3".

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear it man!! It's pretty much gonna be a staple of mine, but I like adding WMS and beta alanine to it, and sip it throughout my workout. Deads 2x a week is rough man, kudos to you!!

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear it man!! It's pretty much gonna be a staple of mine, but I like adding WMS and beta alanine to it, and sip it throughout my workout. Deads 2x a week is rough man, kudos to you!!
Thanks :) Well I do light high reps 1 day, heavy low reps the other ;)

I'm gonna be adding beta alanine aswell since I get it for free with Xtend next order :)

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Cool, I've tried the light one time and heavy the next routine, but not with deads or squats. Worked pretty well for me, kept em seperated by 3-4 days, depending on how I felt. You'll like beta alanine, it hasn't let me down. Seems to give me at least 1 extra rep, or keep me from getting as tired during cardio. Took about 2 days to notice it, so no complaints. I used 2 grams to start, got crazy tingles, kinda like a niacin flush, backed it down to 1.5 grams, and still am getting the same results.

P

papagunz

Awards
Looks great man, I may have to try some BCAA megadose style. Scivation is currently sponsoring a BCAA study, I'm excited for the results.

1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Cool, I've tried the light one time and heavy the next routine, but not with deads or squats. Worked pretty well for me, kept em seperated by 3-4 days, depending on how I felt. You'll like beta alanine, it hasn't let me down. Seems to give me at least 1 extra rep, or keep me from getting as tired during cardio. Took about 2 days to notice it, so no complaints. I used 2 grams to start, got crazy tingles, kinda like a niacin flush, backed it down to 1.5 grams, and still am getting the same results.
For squats I do heavy 4x10 reps 3 times a week, it's no problem with megadose Xtend. Deadlifts actually each other training like:

Mo:
Heavy squat
Heavy deadlift

We:
Heavy squat
Cleans

Fr:
Heavy Squat
Light deadlift

Mo:
Heavy squat
Cleans

We:
Heavy squat
Heavy deadlift

Fr:
Heavy squat
Cleans

Last edited:
1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Looks great man, I may have to try some BCAA megadose style. Scivation is currently sponsoring a BCAA study, I'm excited for the results.
Nice!!! I'm sure it'll turnout positive ;)

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, a very cheap supplement with expensive results, can't beat it. Thanks for posting your workout. If I do 2x per week, first workout is usually the compound type, and second is usually the isolation/semi-isolation type, although I've been known to train "Instinctively" , meaning if I'm feeling it, I go for it. Always prefer to have a gameplan, but I listen to my body.