My new gym buddy... INTRA-AID! (SPONSORED)

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. New Member
    jonnyjames's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%

    Almost forgot!!!

    I quit my job at GNC and am now working at a badass supplement/smoothie shop! (which happens to be right next to the Gold's Gym I work at) So I made my own special intra-aid smoothie today!

    Ice, Berry Puree, One scoop of Intra-Aid, and 5g of creatine mono!

    It was delicious! I might start making this one every workout! The berry puree and intra-aid taste GREAT together!

  2. New Member
    jonnyjames's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%

    Day 8


    DAY 8

    Shoulders/Traps

    Mixed up my intra-aid with just water today, and had a pretty average shoulder workout. I didn't do to many sets but I went pretty heavy. I hit traps extra hard with lots of sets, and i'm sure they will be extra sore tommorow..... or will they...

    I believe intra-aid helped quite a bit with recovery from yesterdays workout because I wasn't even sore today! I am def. enjoying drinking it too, extra endurance and better recovery are NEVER a bad thing!

    More updates tommorow!
  3. UniversalUSA.com
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjames View Post
    Almost forgot!!!

    I quit my job at GNC and am now working at a badass supplement/smoothie shop! (which happens to be right next to the Gold's Gym I work at) So I made my own special intra-aid smoothie today!

    Ice, Berry Puree, One scoop of Intra-Aid, and 5g of creatine mono!

    It was delicious! I might start making this one every workout! The berry puree and intra-aid taste GREAT together!
    Puree, you say?
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Nice come back Jonny. Also kudos on landing the new job. the perks sounds great, and tasty

    Hg
  5. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    That puree sounds incredible!
  6. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1179
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I'm sub'd bro! I've been watching all these Intra-aid logs. I'm hoping to use it on a up-coming bulk, so the results you guys get will really determine use. Good luck
  7. UniversalUSA.com
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    I'm sub'd bro! I've been watching all these Intra-aid logs. I'm hoping to use it on a up-coming bulk, so the results you guys get will really determine use. Good luck
    Honestly, I think Intra-Aid could help when you're not bulking...
  8. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Honestly, I think Intra-Aid could help when you're not bulking...
    Its good either way in my opinion... would definitely help you follow through with your workouts on a decreased cal diet.
  9. New Member
    jonnyjames's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%

    Day 9


    Soooo.... we got free samples of BSN Volumaize today at work, so I decided I would give it a test run. Heres what I have to say about it....

    VOLUMAIZE IS SOME BOOOOLSHIIT!

    It does not even come close to intra-aid! My endurance wasn't shyt, pumps were average, and taste was.... shyt! Basically BSN volumaize is coolaid, with a lil waximaize and some other stuff...

    I definatley have to give props to Universal Nutrition for having a better all around Intra workout supplement!
    Looks like big bad BSN ain't putting out anything that comes close to you guys!

    Note- I apologize to Universal for straying away from Intra-Aid for a day, it won't happen again! I also apologize for my screwed up training schedule I have had latley, that has resulted in a not so consistent log! But I will continue to do my best to give my honest, unbias opinion on the wonderful product known as INTRA (DA MUHFUKIN SHYT) AID

    Thank You, and look forward to another in depth logging tommorow!
  10. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1179
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Honestly, I think Intra-Aid could help when you're not bulking...
    With the 5 potent components you guys put in this stuff, I'm sure it may become a stable for alot of people regaurdless of bulking /cutting or what ever your goals.
  11. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Keep hammering away Jonny. It's good to know your enjoying the IA. The harder you hit it, the more it helps for me.

    Hg
  12. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjames View Post
    Soooo.... we got free samples of BSN Volumaize today at work, so I decided I would give it a test run. Heres what I have to say about it....

    VOLUMAIZE IS SOME BOOOOLSHIIT!

    It does not even come close to intra-aid! My endurance wasn't shyt, pumps were average, and taste was.... shyt! Basically BSN volumaize is coolaid, with a lil waximaize and some other stuff...

    I definatley have to give props to Universal Nutrition for having a better all around Intra workout supplement!
    Looks like big bad BSN ain't putting out anything that comes close to you guys!

    Note- I apologize to Universal for straying away from Intra-Aid for a day, it won't happen again! I also apologize for my screwed up training schedule I have had latley, that has resulted in a not so consistent log! But I will continue to do my best to give my honest, unbias opinion on the wonderful product known as INTRA (DA MUHFUKIN SHYT) AID

    Thank You, and look forward to another in depth logging tommorow!
    No need to apologize. Just take it with a grain of salt and a bright smile knowing you have IA tomorrow. Nice to know you tried some others though... now you have an ever better comparison
  13. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1179
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Its good either way in my opinion... would definitely help you follow through with your workouts on a decreased cal diet.
    I think Im staying away from the decreased cal diet for a while I ended up loosing alot of weight on my last "cut" if you could call it that. That might be a plus for most ,but with my height and body structure I just looked to skinny. Im stickn to to bulk till I hit 225..lol
  14. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    I think Im staying away from the decreased cal diet for a while I ended up loosing alot of weight on my last "cut" if you could call it that. That might be a plus for most ,but with my height and body structure I just looked to skinny. Im stickn to to bulk till I hit 225..lol
    Bulking FTMFW!
  15. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    I think Im staying away from the decreased cal diet for a while I ended up loosing alot of weight on my last "cut" if you could call it that. That might be a plus for most ,but with my height and body structure I just looked to skinny. Im stickn to to bulk till I hit 225..lol

    Yea I second what B said. Bulk up man. Get where you want to be first. You can always cut back the fat later. Plus, the more lean muscle you build the more fat it will burn anyway. Just don't go crazy LOL!
  16. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1179
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Bulking FTMFW!
    Im going for gold status on this next bulk..lol
  17. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1179
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Yea I second what B said. Bulk up man. Get where you want to be first. You can always cut back the fat later. Plus, the more lean muscle you build the more fat it will burn anyway. Just don't go crazy LOL!
    Yeah, I need to get some more experience before I try a cut again. I'm thinking the same thing with the I can always cut the fat later. I've never had problem loosing weight just obtaining it.lol I like the bulky look.lol
  18. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Yeah, I need to get some more experience before I try a cut again. I'm thinking the same thing with the I can always cut the fat later. I've never had problem loosing weight just obtaining it.lol I like the bulky look.lol

    As long as you don't go over board and just tub out, a little bit makes you look bigger.
  19. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1179
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    As long as you don't go over board and just tub out, a little bit makes you look bigger.
    When I get to 230 like you bro I'll be happy. Sorry Jonny for high-jacking your log, just real interested in this stuff.
  20. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    Sorry Jonny for high-jacking your log, just real interested in this stuff.

    LOL yea, we got carried away, sorry about that Jonny.

    Look at it this way, we were keeping your log busy for you

    Hg
  21. New Member
    jonnyjames's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%

    DAYS 10 and 11!!!


    Day 10
    Well, my arm is giving me hell again so I hit some legs! Didn't go heavy but instead went for that pump n' deep burn with HIGH reps! I didn't get as much of the burn due to the BA in intra-aid but the workout went well. Again IA helped me push through my leg workout, despite my hatred for leg days!

    Day 11-Just biceps

    I feel that my biceps are really lacking so I am trying to dedicate a day to them so I can make sure that I completley demolish them. I did 20 sets of 4 dif. exercises- barbell curls, preacher curls, seated dumbell curls, and cable curls. Each exercise I did 5 sets, 3 heavy 6-8reps and 2 light 13-24reps

    I didn't have so much fun today for some reason, probably just an off day.

    Also I have to worry about the pain in my forearm, so form must be EXTREMLEY STRICT to make sure I don't screw up my arm more than I already have.
  22. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Never hurts to focus on form even when every thing is spot on anyway bro. Good on ya for listening to your body. No need pulling or straining something and getting side lined.
  23. New Member
    jonnyjames's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%

    Day 12!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Never hurts to focus on form even when every thing is spot on anyway bro. Good on ya for listening to your body. No need pulling or straining something and getting side lined.
    Yep. I totally agree, i've learned that potentially furthering the severity of an injury just isn't worth it.

    Day 12!
    Sholders/Traps/Abs

    Great shoulder workout today, I was able to hit em' hard and really exaust em' more than I am usually able to, usually I am bothered by shoulder discomfort/pain but today I tore it up!
    The IA is def. to thank!

    Abs went really well too, even though I hate doing them. I did just about every ab movement and machine I could think of, and felt like I could still continue afterwards!

    I am gonna probably be sore as hell tommorow!
  24. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjames View Post
    I am gonna probably be sore as hell tommorow!
    That just means progress.
  25. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    That just means progress.

    In this pain we find pleasure Sounds sick I know...

    :dl:
  26. UniversalUSA.com
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    With Intra-Aid, it's all pleasure, eh??
  27. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    With Intra-Aid, it's all pleasure, eh??
    Last night my IA was gone after the second exercise. A very disturbing tread I'm seeing lately...
  28. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Last night my IA was gone after the second exercise. A very disturbing tread I'm seeing lately...
    Every time that happens to me I look around the room dumbfounded and suspicious trying to see if someone else drank all of it.
  29. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Every time that happens to me I look around the room dumbfounded and suspicious trying to see if someone else drank all of it.
    Ha ha! It's true
  30. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    JOHNJESSICA20's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    1179
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Every time that happens to me I look around the room dumbfounded and suspicious trying to see if someone else drank all of it.
    LOL....
  31. UniversalUSA.com
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    Every time that happens to me I look around the room dumbfounded and suspicious trying to see if someone else drank all of it.
    I always find the culprit... But I can only stay mad at myself for so long, haha.
  32. New Member
    jonnyjames's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%

    sorry I haven't been posting as much as I should! i've been SUPER busy!

    I will give a good amount of updates tomm.!
  33. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjames View Post
    sorry I haven't been posting as much as I should! i've been SUPER busy!

    I will give a good amount of updates tomm.!
    Don't sweat it. I get swamped as well... hope everything is going good and the supps are treating you well.

    Looking forward to the updates.
  34. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjames View Post
    sorry I haven't been posting as much as I should! i've been SUPER busy!

    I will give a good amount of updates tomm.!

    LOL! Busy man Trust me when I say that we all know how it is buddy. We appreciate the feedback. Looking forward to seeing what you brought to the table.

    Hg
  35. UniversalUSA.com
    Universal Rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,779
    Rep Power
    967
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjames View Post
    sorry I haven't been posting as much as I should! i've been SUPER busy!

    I will give a good amount of updates tomm.!
    Nice...
  36. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    I always find the culprit... But I can only stay mad at myself for so long, haha.
    I was wondering if anyone caught this...
  37. New Member
    jonnyjames's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  223 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    306
    Rep Power
    233
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%

    Final Review!


    I am going to have to cut my log short, so first off I must appologize to Universal and its reps for my not so consistent log. I greatly appreciate the oppurtunity to be one of the first to use INTRA-AID!

    HERE WE GO!

    Taste- I wasn't too sure about the taste at first with Intra-Aid, but it definatley grew on me and I now really enjoy drinking it during my workout.

    Endurance- WAS THA SHYT! Better than Purple Wraath and Volumaize, in fact those to don't compare. I found myself spending more time in the gym than ever and was able to up my intensity without any extra fatigue.

    Recovery- I definatley noticed a difference here, I had to up my intensity quite a bit just to even feel sore the day after my workout.

    Overall- INTRA-AID is hands down the best IntraWorkout supplement I have used. In fact I recently placed an order for another tub and will be enjoying it soon! This one may become a staple for a while!

    Thank you to everyone who followed my log, if you have any questions, comments, or reccomendations on how I can improve future logs let me know!
  38. Senior Member
    King Con's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    916
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Great job on that final review... nicely done Double J
  39. Senior Member
    Hoomgar's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    1335
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thanks for the review JJ.

    Hg
  40. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyjames View Post
    ...

    Thank you to everyone who followed my log, if you have any questions, comments, or reccomendations on how I can improve future logs let me know!
    Thanks for the log. In the future, you might want to consider posting up #'s and the workouts you did to show progression. It helps give a log substance, also I know how things can get busy but you never did post those last few updates and left us hanging. Some guys put so much detail into one post that it would be longer than all 12 workouts. I'm not trying to be harsh, just giving you suggestions for future logs. Before and after-pictures are also useful, as well as final stats/lifts.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. LG Pre - N.O. - Intra goodies (Sponsored)
    By EMARTIN in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 09:40 PM
  2. Replies: 141
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
  3. Replies: 107
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
  4. Toyin' with Intra-Aid & Beta-Ala9 (sponsored)
    By TOYFORDOLET in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
  5. (Sponsored ) Smeton put's Universal's Intra-aid to the test
    By John Smeton in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in