Irish Cannon Gets Unnatural, Naturally - Part 2: CL's Blue Gene (sponsored) - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

Irish Cannon Gets Unnatural, Naturally - Part 2: CL's Blue Gene (sponsored)

Page 6 of 13 First ... 4567811 ... Last
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Logs lookin good broseph! I also share the same view on legs as far as hams go. SLDL and curls! Woooo
    I mean, seriously...what else is there to do other than SLDL, curls, and good mornings? It seems like it's either those, or just a variation of it. Such as DB SLDL, or seated/kneeling/standing leg curl rather than lying leg curl.

Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I mean, seriously...what else is there to do other than SLDL, curls, and good mornings? It seems like it's either those, or just a variation of it. Such as DB SLDL, or seated/kneeling/standing leg curl rather than lying leg curl.

Very true, a lot of people tend to over complicate legs i beleive. For a while all i did was squats and SLDL, maybe some extensions here n there or something.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Very true, a lot of people tend to over complicate legs i beleive. For a while all i did was squats and SLDL, maybe some extensions here n there or something.
    Yep, same here. I'd pump out 7 sets of squats, 4 sets of extensions, and 5 sets SLDL.

Sometimes I'd do lots of volume though and do Squats, Front squats, Leg extensions, leg curls, and sldl. Those were insane workouts.

Ever since I've broken up hams and quads I am able to do a couple exercises without feeling like death. It's nice. Every workout of mine has two leg exercises (either ham or quad) but it makes me not hate training them. I just knock them out first and then do everything else.
    •   

Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yep, same here. I'd pump out 7 sets of squats, 4 sets of extensions, and 5 sets SLDL.

Sometimes I'd do lots of volume though and do Squats, Front squats, Leg extensions, leg curls, and sldl. Those were insane workouts.

Ever since I've broken up hams and quads I am able to do a couple exercises without feeling like death. It's nice. Every workout of mine has two leg exercises (either ham or quad) but it makes me not hate training them. I just knock them out first and then do everything else.
    Me and my training partner just did this , this passed week and i loved it.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Me and my training partner just did this , this passed week and i loved it.
    Splitting up hams and quads?

I love doing it that way. You can really focus on each muscle group individually and it doesn't seem to ever make me sick. There really is no "leg day" for me anymore. Every workout I have has two leg exercises in it.
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Whatever those cool looking "sex lines" are called, they're coming in better now.

Now just help me get rid of the lower abdominal fat. Hopefully adding HIIT will burn it off.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

Whatever those cool looking "sex lines" are called, they're coming in better now.

Now just help me get rid of the lower abdominal fat. Hopefully adding HIIT will burn it off.
    Napalm!
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Napalm!
    I've tried, man. Ran two bottles.

I can't say it didn't do anything, but I can't really say it did either. At least in the area I really have trouble with it didn't do much.

My next stack + some HIIT should take care of it. The problem I foresee is even if I do get rid of it, I have a feeling it will be near impossible to retain the results. I feel that having that layer of fat in that area is just a genetic flaw. My sister has it as well.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome updates Irish. The endurance on BG definitely kicks butt
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I just woke up to find that my quads are not that sore at all. I'm very sad right now. Sad indeed.

I'll be switching up Leg Extensions for Front Squats next B1 workout. I don't know why I didn't do this yesterday anyways.
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I love front squats. I don't know why....I just do.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    I love front squats. I don't know why....I just do.
    So do I. They feel great. The only thing that's difficult about them is how they sort of cut off your air supply. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to pass out.
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

So do I. They feel great. The only thing that's difficult about them is how they sort of cut off your air supply. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to pass out.
    see if you can get some heavy kb's and then try them

It pretty much eliminates that problem.
    www.millenniumsport.net
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Today was an off day, so nothing to really report. I felt pathetically lazy all day. I haven't done anything out of the house to day with the exception of the grocery store.

I carbed up pretty well today. Just had some whole wheat pasta with a big chicken breast and some alfredo sauce. Before that I had some whole wheat ravioli with chicken. I've also been eating some sugar-free oatmeal cookies. I guess the cookies aren't "good carbs" but they're not HORRIBLE.

I'll be starting my HIIT after breakfast tomorrow. Schedule will probably be something like...

0900: Breakfast
    1000: Take Blue Gene and stretch, jump rope to warm up
    1030-1045: HIIT on spin bike
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Your quads reflect it
    NSCA - CSCS
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Def cuttin up bro! I like your idea or throwin legs into other workouts and not having a straight leg day and splitting up quads and hams. I may just try that out.
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

I feel like passing out on EACH AND EVERY leg day I do

True about front squats though, they are great, they work the core to a greater extent than regular squats, plus, they force you to stay up-right. I have a tendency to lean forward on conventional squats, think it is because my quads are much tighter than my hams. I should stretch them more but I am too lazy
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Def cuttin up bro! I like your idea or throwin legs into other workouts and not having a straight leg day and splitting up quads and hams. I may just try that out.
    You definitely should try it after you take your week off. I love doing it this way. I feel like I get a better concentration on the muscle. If you do legs all in one day, whatever exercise is last, or even the last two, are going to suffer from the first exercises you've done. If you only do two exercises, you won't have a problem with fatigue.
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quick Q:

Do you guys think it would be beneficial to buy AP if I would only be taking it for one-two days out of the week?

Since I carb up on Friday/Saturday night, but the rest of my diet is low carb, would it serve much of a purpose?
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    I feel like passing out on EACH AND EVERY leg day I do

True about front squats though, they are great, they work the core to a greater extent than regular squats, plus, they force you to stay up-right. I have a tendency to lean forward on conventional squats, think it is because my quads are much tighter than my hams. I should stretch them more but I am too lazy
    Are you making sure you look at the ceiling when you do your squats?
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Day 11

Today was my first day doing HIIT in a very long time. I have to say, it felt great!

I ate my usual big breakfast at around 9am. Got on the computer, sipped coffee, and read AM for a little while. Took my Blue Gene at about 11am, then hit the gym.

I stretched for about ten minutes, did some agility drills, and just screwed around in the group fitness room to get the blood flowing.

I hopped on the spin bike and warmed up for five minutes, then I did ten intervals at 30secs ON / 60secs OFF. I know that's a beginner pace, but I want to get my body used to it again.

I definitely built a good sweat and felt great during it. Although my legs were burning a bit anyways, I'm sure that without the Blue Gene it would have been much worse. My endurance was great, and I will be bumping up the amount of intervals next time. Probably to 13-15.

Since I carbed up yesterday, and I did HIIT this morning after breakfast (decently heavy carbohydrate meal), how should I handle my carbs today?
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I think ap once or twice a week would be beneficial. And you always look up at the ceiling when you squat?
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I think ap once or twice a week would be beneficial. And you always look up at the ceiling when you squat?
    Well not like straight up haha. I keep my head back, though. It helps to keep your back straighter. Do some air squats right now and try it out.
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Ive been practicing air squats a lot lately because my form reallly sucks. I really have a hard time not letting my knees go past my toes. I guess I gotta just keep practicing.
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ive been practicing air squats a lot lately because my form reallly sucks. I really have a hard time not letting my knees go past my toes. I guess I gotta just keep practicing.
    Ya, this seems to help that.

Assuming you aren't squatting in a cathedral, tilt your head back and look at where the wall meets the ceiling.

How do you do the bar placement?
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Placement? As in where on my back? I rest em on my traps
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

If you respond well to AP it may be worth it. I personally do not...which is why I ordered Slin from Lg Sciences to try out.
    www.millenniumsport.net
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Placement? As in where on my back? I rest em on my traps
    Have you tried placing the bar further back?

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    If you respond well to AP it may be worth it. I personally do not...which is why I ordered Slin from Lg Sciences to try out.
    That's actually not a bad idea to begin with. LG Sciences impressed me when I did the log for them. Maybe I should give Slin a go.
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Have you tried placing the bar further back?

That's actually not a bad idea to begin with. LG Sciences impressed me when I did the log for them. Maybe I should give Slin a go.
    Yeah I try and put it as far back as possible without it slipping. And yes its in a cathedral.
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Where the heck are all the SLIN logs? I thought there were supposed to be a few testers.
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Yeah I try and put it as far back as possible without it slipping. And yes its in a cathedral.
    Ahhh yes. I've been there myself. Downtown Orlando, correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

haha thats the one!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Where the heck are all the SLIN logs? I thought there were supposed to be a few testers.
    That i'm not sure of.

CraigMatthew is taking it right now though if you wanna ask him about it.
    www.millenniumsport.net
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

Quick Q:

Do you guys think it would be beneficial to buy AP if I would only be taking it for one-two days out of the week?

Since I carb up on Friday/Saturday night, but the rest of my diet is low carb, would it serve much of a purpose?
    ive been doing CKD the past 5 weeks, and i used AP for usually the first carb meals of the day, which are my biggest.

for example i dose AP with my WMS + XTEND cocktail post w/o which has 100g WMS and i take that about 20 mins after AP, which i dose in the locker room.

then saturday i use it for my breakfast with about 70 grams oats with about 8-10 grams brown sugar.

sometimes ill pig out on my carb ups and dose 2 ap's for an exceptionally large carb meal like a buffet.
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Have you seen much difference?

My breakfast meal has a pretty high amount of carbs, but other than that the only time I really have them in any high amount (50g+) is on Friday or Saturday night when I'm carbing up.
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

Have you seen much difference?

My breakfast meal has a pretty high amount of carbs, but other than that the only time I really have them in any high amount (50g+) is on Friday or Saturday night when I'm carbing up.
    i respond fairly well to AP, so yeah i feel a big difference when i use it for the carb ups. especially when going from about 20 grams/day sunday through friday, then 100g post w/o friday, i fill out instantly. and even saturday after ive already basically carbed up all day, i still feel that "food pump".

i say try it out a couple times. if you dont end up liking it, youll still have the rest of the bottle to try out later when your diet utilizes more carbs and you can dose it more consistently.
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I may give it a shot. I'll add it to my supps for consideration. My next stack is going to be pretty intense I hope.

Just a side note about the Blue Gene --- My appetite has been extremely high. About two hours ago I ate a large chicken breast, about 4oz of ground beef, ten spears of asparagus, and a half can of black beans and right now I am STARVING and have been for at least a half hour.

The HIIT may have something to do with it, but the appetite has been getting increasingly higher each day.
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

I may give it a shot. I'll add it to my supps for consideration. My next stack is going to be pretty intense I hope.

Just a side note about the Blue Gene --- My appetite has been extremely high. About two hours ago I ate a large chicken breast, about 4oz of ground beef, ten spears of asparagus, and a half can of black beans and right now I am STARVING and have been for at least a half hour.

The HIIT may have something to do with it, but the appetite has been getting increasingly higher each day.
    what ideas do you have for the next stack?
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    what ideas do you have for the next stack?
    Well, my staple supplementation is: Whey/Casein/Leucine/MultiVit/ZMA/CLA

The additions will probably be something like...

BlueUp/AX/ATD/Dicreatine Mal/BA/1-C/RPM/Clen/ECA/Cordygen5...and then AP if I decide to do that.
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

Well, my staple supplementation is: Whey/Casein/Leucine/MultiVit/ZMA/CLA

The additions will probably be something like...

BlueUp/AX/ATD/Dicreatine Mal/BA/1-C/RPM/Clen/ECA/Cordygen5...and then AP if I decide to do that.
    a leucine guy huh. did you used to use bcaa's? and if you did, do you notice a difference in recovery or muscle preservation?

after my sponsored mass fx and neovar logs, i think im going to definitely hit up a contolled labs run. start with blue gene, purple wraath, and white flood i think, and depending on how i like neovar, i will probably use that also. or might just do a whole AN stack: drive, rpm, neovar, maybe igf-2, or if their new products are released soon i may run one of those.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Irish Cannon Teams-Up with LG Science's T-911! (Sponsored)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 722
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 10:37 PM
  2. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
  3. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
  4. Replies: 344
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
  5. Irish Cannon Gets Loaded with LG Sciences (Sponsored)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 02:41 PM