Irish Cannon Gets Unnatural, Naturally - Part 2: CL's Blue Gene (sponsored)

Page 2 of 13 First 12347 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    ive seen a mayo made with olive oil, or has added olive oil. i need to buy it. im a big fan of mayo, im not sure why. it tastes like absolute garbage alone, but when mixed with something, its prety close to what i imagine heaven will be like.
    Yeah i have that new kind made with olive oil. I like it so far and the fats are great!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Irish you legs look diesel son!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Those are some solid 4x4 wheels there, bud.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

looking good man.

what flavor of the ATW lean and fit did you get? and how do you like it?

i want to do the velocity diet (except with ground oats for use with AP or neovar) sometime in the future and im considering using the chocolate one.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Thanks guys.

Rolandajoint, I bought the Chocolate flavor, but I have yet to try it. I just ordered it yesterday. I've still got about 5lbs left of my Scivation whey before I start using the Lean and Fit.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Well, I'm all packed up for tomorrow. Among multiple flasks of Jameson, cans of Guinness, and 10 self-rolled daks, I've got...

1 gallon of water
    1 gallon of Crystal Light w/ 40g L-Leucine (post-alcohol/before bed)
    2 pita pockets each stuffed with one can of tuna
    5 small packets of beef jerky (9g protein each)
    5 scoops of whey
    2 scoops of casein
    CLA and Vitamins
    1 capsule of ATD do get rid of that post-alcohol Estro

Ahhh...I love being prepared.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Mustard and salsa?! That sounds good! Im gonna try next time!

Irish, relora is the **** for getting rid of bellyflab! Id def give that a go. And you can see more separation in those abs man!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Well, I'm all packed up for tomorrow. Among multiple flasks of Jameson, cans of Guinness, and 10 self-rolled daks, I've got...

1 gallon of water
    1 gallon of Crystal Light w/ 40g L-Leucine (post-alcohol/before bed)
    2 pita pockets each stuffed with one can of tuna
    5 small packets of beef jerky (9g protein each)
    5 scoops of whey
    2 scoops of casein
    CLA and Vitamins
    1 capsule of ATD do get rid of that post-alcohol Estro

Ahhh...I love being prepared.
    40g of Leucine!! Well if that won't maximize protein metabolism, increase nitrogen retention, prevent catabolism and enhance insulin sensitivity, then I don't know what will.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I'm back and I'm alive...somehow. I'll post up pics from yesterday when I wake up from a much needed nap.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

Welcome back!
  11. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

glad to see the alcohol has completely eaten your liver yet
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Alright. Up from my nap, got in my fourth meal, and have ridded myself of a nasty headache.

I had a great time yesterday in Baton Rouge with two of my buddies. We left Ft. Walton Beach around 830am and got into BR at about 1245pm. We spent some time walking around LSU campus and tried to find their mascot, a tiger that they have inside some big outdoor cage; however, each student we asked kept telling us it was further and further so we quit the search, hopped in our car and went downtown to grab a bite to eat. I found a place online called Happy's Irish Pub, but when we got there it was just a watering hole so we went across the street to a place called The Roux House. I had a catfish poboy which was incredible. After that, we drove to the venue and got a front row parking spot and walked into the restaurant that the venue was connected to. I had some alligator for the first time and took a picture because I remember talking to some of you guys about 'gator meat. It was AMAZING. I also ordered a grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies, which turned out to be much better than when I make it. I honestly don't think I missed a meal the whole trip, nor do I believe I missed a drink. I think I had about 9 Scotches, 6 Guinness', and 2 Guinness mixed with cider and a German beer whose name I have forgotten.

Flogging Molly, as usual, played an excellent show. It had some insane energy. The place was sold out, and I was balls-to-ass with other dudes. Half the reason I drink when I'm at these shows is to get over my phobia of germs. You pretty much have to at these small venues.

A few songs into Flogging Molly's show there was a serious mosh pit going so I made my way to the back of it. Mosh pits piss me off. I don't understand them. I don't know why people can't just stand around and clap and jump a little maybe and enjoy the music. Why do people feel they need to push other folks around? Anyways, my buddy tells me he had to hold me back from beating the crap out of a couple guys. I don't remember that, but don't doubt it.

As I said, that's the last time for a LOOONG time that I'll be drinking or smoking or anything like that. I was unhealthy enough for five people. I had a good time, but I'm ready to get back on the health waggon. My self-esteem and productivity levels are so much better and I just feel like a better person for it. So, it's all health from here on out. Like I used to be.

We couldn't find a hotel room in BR because of all the hurricane victims that were staying at all the places. So we had to drive back home after the show. It sucked. We got back around 5am.

Here's some photos of yesterday...
    Attached Images Attached Images         
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Red face

Some more.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

Good times!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Oh, yes it was.

Day 1 of Blue Gene starts tomorrow!!!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

awesome pictures man.
  17. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I can't believe they're still using that backdrop...the album's been out forever, haha.

ps - I knew you'd dig on the alligator. That stuff was amazing when I had it the 2 times I had the chance to.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

Thank you to RenegadeRows and everyone else at Controlled Labs for allowing me to run their new product, Blue Gene.

To those of you that were keeping up with my PAL log on Anabolic Edge, you will know that this is Part 2 of my log. The main purpose is to compare the two products as far as effects/results and to discuss product stacking potential.

If at all curious, here is the link to Part 1 of my log: Irish Cannon Gets Unnatural, Naturally - Part 1: PAL's Anabolic Edge (sponsored)

For those of you unfamiliar with the product, Click Here to read more about it @ Nutraplanet.

Lets get started with my stats:
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 173 lbs (up 6 lbs from the start of my AE log)
    BF% (est.): 8-9%
    Body-type: Meso-Endo
    Ancestry: Irish American

Diet:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites (scrambled), 2 slices of Ezekiel bread w/natty peanut butter, 1/2 cup of fat-free plain yogurt, 1/2 cup of Ezekiel cereal, handfull of blueberries, 12oz of Smart Balance skim milk, 3 cups of coffee

Meal 2: 1 scoop of Scivation Whey, 1/2 cup steel cut oats

Meal 3: 2 Whole wheat pita pockets, each with 1 can of tuna, some light mayo, banana peppers, and romaine lettuce

Meal 4: 7oz. 93/7 ground beef, 1 slice fat free cheddar cheese

Meal 5: 1 scoop of Scivation Whey

Meal 6: 8oz chicken breast, 1/2 can of black beans, romaine lettuce salad

Meal 7: 1 scoop of ON Casein, 1tbsp natty peanut butter

Supplement schedule:

CLA: 4g daily

Whey/Casein: 1 scoop of whey taken twice daily, 1 scoop of Casein taken once daily

L-Leucine: 20g taken intra-workout

Multi-vitamin: 1 vitamin taken twice daily

Blue Gene: 5 caps preworkout

Training

I'll list what I HAVE been doing during my training sessions, but some of the lifts may change, and I will let you know what those will be.

My training schedule is somewhat elaborate. I have my entire body split up into two workouts, branching from those two splits I have a total of four workouts; a low-rep day (3-6reps), and a high-rep day (10-15reps) for each muscle group. I label my workouts as A1, B1, A2, and B2. Specifics:

A1 (High-rep): Chest/Hams/Arms/Calves

Chest: (Superset working sets)

Cable X-over: 2 warmups, 4 working sets
    Incline DB Press: 4 working sets

Hams:

Kneeling Leg Curl: 2 warmups, 4 working
    Good mornings: 4 working

Arms: (Superset all sets)

Overhead tricep press: 2 warmup, 4 working
    Preacher curl: 2 warmup, 4 working

Calves:

Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets

B1 (High rep): Quads/Delts/Back/Traps

Quads:

Leg extensions: 2 warmup, 4 working
    Squats: 2 warmup, 4 working

Delts: (Superset working sets)

DB Lateral Raises: 2 warmup, 4 working
    DB Reverse Grip Front Raises: 4 working

Back/Rear delts: (Superset working sets)

Seated Row: 2 warmup, 4 working
    Rear delt DB Flyes: 4 working

DB Shurgs: 4 working

A2 (Low rep): Chest/Hams/Arms/Calves

Chest: Flat Bench BB Press- 2 warmup, 4 working

Hams: Stiff Legged Deadlifts- 2 warmup, 4 working

Arms (Superset all sets):
    Tricep Pressdown: 2 warmup, 4 working
    Seated DB Hammer Curl: 2 warmup, 4 working

Calves: Seated Calf Raise- 4 working

B2 (Low rep): Quads/Delts/Back/Traps

Quads: Squats- 2 warmup, 4 working

Delts: Seated DB Press - 2 warmup, 4working

Back: Close Grip Pullup (weighted) - 2 warmup, 4 working

Traps: Rack Shrugs- 4 working

I lift three days a week, which means that each muscle group gets worked twice a week every other weeks. Example:

Week 1
    Mon:A1
    Wed:B1
    Fri:A2

Week2
    Mon:B2
    Wed:A1
    Fri:B1

My cardio days are Tue/Thur, and I do one hour of cardio at moderate intensity. I usually do 30min/20/10 on Stairmill/Treadmill/Spin Bike. The treadmill is done at 15% incline and 3.3mph.

I am currently on a break from lifting for a couple reasons. First of all, it's been ten weeks of hard training since my last week off, and I feel as though I need the recovery time. Secondly, I'd like to clear out anything that is still active in my body from the Anabolic Edge so that I can give Blue Gene a fair review.

I will be commencing this log on Thursday, September 25th. I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the start of it so all my brosefs could sub, and to give any new chappies to get involved and motivate me in my training.

Here's some of my pics starting from the beginning of the AE log up until this morning...
    scrub!
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    scrub!
    gifafi!
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

looks a like good way to go out Irish! Im a germaphobe too - so I feel ya. And Im not of fan of mosh pits either but when I get forced into them I go balls/wall! Lookn forward to the log man! Good luck!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    I can't believe they're still using that backdrop...the album's been out forever, haha.

ps - I knew you'd dig on the alligator. That stuff was amazing when I had it the 2 times I had the chance to.
    I was suprised myself to see they were using that banner still. They used it at the last show I went to in March when the album was just released.

I'll be dosing Blue Gene 20minutes before I eat Meal 1 tomorrow. I'm going to just take two tablets and see how I react unless either CTDeuce or Volcom wants to jump in and tell me it's not necessary to assess tolerance. If it's better I can take all 5tabs with my meal.

I also picked up some Primaforce ZMA which I'll be taking before bed from now on. I totally forgot about the stuff, and I remember I had liked it a lot when I took it a long while back. I figured $15 for two months worth was a good deal. I'll mix that with 4-5g of GABA.

Tomorrow is just a cardio day, BTW. I'll be typing up my numbers for my big lifts so I can assess Blue Gene's before and after effect on weights.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I hate douchey bodybuilders.

I just have to vent a little. I just saw some pictures of this guy that used to work out at my gym. Had that dumbass bodybuilder mentality. Thinks all other people in the gym that don't revolve their lives around muscle are subordinate. Struts around like he's tough **** but the guy ain't nothin'. Thinks he's huge but always wears pants to hide his legs that ain't ****.

What really set me off is the shirt he was wearing. It's like those Red/White/Blue shirts that has a guy throwing a punch and it says "Full Contact Fighter" which I respect those guys. His shirt had the same look to it but the silhouette was of Arnold flexing. I just hate that ****. This dude is probably 15%bf, 215lbs, and I'd LOVE to set him up with a 140lb full contact fighter that would completely kick his ass.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

I hate douchey bodybuilders.

I just have to vent a little. I just saw some pictures of this guy that used to work out at my gym. Had that dumbass bodybuilder mentality. Thinks all other people in the gym that don't revolve their lives around muscle are subordinate. Struts around like he's tough **** but the guy ain't nothin'. Thinks he's huge but always wears pants to hide his legs that ain't ****.

What really set me off is the shirt he was wearing. It's like those Red/White/Blue shirts that has a guy throwing a punch and it says "Full Contact Fighter" which I respect those guys. His shirt had the same look to it but the silhouette was of Arnold flexing. I just hate that ****. This dude is probably 15%bf, 215lbs, and I'd LOVE to set him up with a 140lb full contact fighter that would completely kick his ass.
    So true So true!
  24. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I was suprised myself to see they were using that banner still. They used it at the last show I went to in March when the album was just released.

I'll be dosing Blue Gene 20minutes before I eat Meal 1 tomorrow. I'm going to just take two tablets and see how I react unless either CTDeuce or Volcom wants to jump in and tell me it's not necessary to assess tolerance. If it's better I can take all 5tabs with my meal.

I also picked up some Primaforce ZMA which I'll be taking before bed from now on. I totally forgot about the stuff, and I remember I had liked it a lot when I took it a long while back. I figured $15 for two months worth was a good deal. I'll mix that with 4-5g of GABA.

Tomorrow is just a cardio day, BTW. I'll be typing up my numbers for my big lifts so I can assess Blue Gene's before and after effect on weights.
    I took all 5 pills the first day and I did get a nauseous feeling for a while. Then again, I didn't take them with food...and it only happened on the first day. Maybe assessing is a good idea...but with food, you may not need to.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  25. Registered User

I took all 5 pills the first day and I did get a nauseous feeling for a while. Then again, I didn't take them with food...and it only happened on the first day. Maybe assessing is a good idea...but with food, you may not need to.
    Yup I say go with all 5. The 2 is just to assess tolerance, but on non-stim products I usually do recommended dose. Blue Gene can be taken with or without food, but as Deucester stated sometimes its better to take with a little somethin-somethin to avoid any stomach discomfort.
  26. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

The Deucester...lolz
    www.millenniumsport.net
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Cool. About to have breakfast. I'll take all five then.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I took all 5 from beginning to end without any discomfort or gastrointestinal funky'ness, but I do have an iron stomach from all the wide variety of foods I eat.
    NSCA - CSCS
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Day 1

Just did cardio today. Took all five tablets of Blue Gene with breakfast, hung around the house and watched Saved by the Bell for an hour or so, then hit the gym. Had an excellent cardio workout. Stairmill for twenty, stairstepper for twenty, and the bike for twenty. Sweat my bollocks off. It was great. Focus was dead on. I powered through it even though I didn't have my MP3 player. Cake workout. Focus was real good.

I've never taken anything with Cissus in it, so I'm real excited to finally give this stuff a try, not to mention everything else that's in it.

The weather is beautiful here in Ft. Walton Beach, and I'm thinking about taking out the hog.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

Day 1

Just did cardio today. Took all five tablets of Blue Gene with breakfast, hung around the house and watched Saved by the Bell for an hour or so, then hit the gym. Had an excellent cardio workout. Stairmill for twenty, stairstepper for twenty, and the bike for twenty. Sweat my bollocks off. It was great. Focus was dead on. I powered through it even though I didn't have my MP3 player. Cake workout. Focus was real good.

I've never taken anything with Cissus in it, so I'm real excited to finally give this stuff a try, not to mention everything else that's in it.

The weather is beautiful here in Ft. Walton Beach, and I'm thinking about taking out the hog.
    would have been awesome if you could have watched saved by the bell DURING cardio.

good session tho man. im about to go do some fasted cardio myself.

also, do you have any joint or tendon issues that might gauge how cissus working? or is the cissus in BG gearded for its anabolic effects?
    i guess part 2 of that question is for renegade or someone from controlled labs.

nice strong start nonetheless
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I sometimes have squeeky joints and can always feel a little pain during squats; but other than that, no real huge issues. I'm sure I will be able to tell if the Cissus is affecting me though.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Let the fun begin! Get it Cannon!
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hman85 View Post
    Let the fun begin! Get it Cannon!
    Thanks, chap. I'm very excited to be back in the gym again. The week off was nice, but fortunately it went by quick. I was getting the itch to lift weights.
  34. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Lookn good man!
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I'm thinking about dropping my Ground Beef meal. It seems like I've been trying to cram that one in. I don't think it's quite necessary. When I was waking up earlier it was fine, but I've been waking up around 9am lately, and it just seems like I don't need it anymore. So, back to six meals.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Another 60 min cardio sessions with the mp3 Some people wonder how Stone Hendge was built, I wonder how you can do 60 min of stationary cardio without the mp3 Irish may be an Alien
    NSCA - CSCS
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Just crossed my mind. I can confidently project an improvement in your cardio-ability as a result of the Blue GENE. At that point you won't even need your mp3, you can just sing out loud to yourself.

Bring back them Irish Folklore songs
    NSCA - CSCS
  38. MST Reppin Hard!
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Just crossed my mind. I can confidently project an improvement in your cardio-ability as a result of the Blue GENE. At that point you won't even need your mp3, you can just sing out loud to yourself.

Bring back them Irish Folklore songs
    I will fly down there to have a workout/irish classics singing festival!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I will fly down there to have a workout/irish classics singing festival!
    HAHA
    NSCA - CSCS
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Another 60 min cardio sessions with the mp3 Some people wonder how Stone Hendge was built, I wonder how you can do 60 min of stationary cardio without the mp3 Irish may be an Alien

I can go in an 8hr mountainbiking race ANYTIME with my ipod , but I wouldn't last 3min on a stationary bike with or without one

Irish !
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Irish Cannon Teams-Up with LG Science's T-911! (Sponsored)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 722
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 10:37 PM
  2. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 05:04 PM
  3. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 05:34 PM
  4. Replies: 344
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
  5. Irish Cannon Gets Loaded with LG Sciences (Sponsored)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 02:41 PM