Irish Cannon Gets Unnatural, Naturally - Part 2: CL's Blue Gene (sponsored)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you to RenegadeRows and everyone else at Controlled Labs for allowing me to run their new product, Blue Gene.

To those of you that were keeping up with my PAL log on Anabolic Edge, you will know that this is Part 2 of my log. The main purpose is to compare the two products as far as effects/results and to discuss product stacking potential.

If at all curious, here is the link to Part 1 of my log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/102068-irish-cannon-gets.html

For those of you unfamiliar with the product, Click Here to read more about it @ Nutraplanet.

Lets get started with my stats:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 173 lbs (up 6 lbs from the start of my AE log)
BF% (est.): 8-9%
Body-type: Meso-Endo
Ancestry: Irish American

Diet:

Meal 1: 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites (scrambled), 2 slices of Ezekiel bread w/natty peanut butter, 1/2 cup of fat-free plain yogurt, 1/2 cup of Ezekiel cereal, handfull of blueberries, 12oz of Smart Balance skim milk, 3 cups of coffee

Meal 2: 1 scoop of Scivation Whey, 1/2 cup steel cut oats

Meal 3: 2 Whole wheat pita pockets, each with 1 can of tuna, some light mayo, banana peppers, and romaine lettuce

Meal 4: 7oz. 93/7 ground beef, 1 slice fat free cheddar cheese

Meal 5: 1 scoop of Scivation Whey

Meal 6: 8oz chicken breast, 1/2 can of black beans, romaine lettuce salad

Meal 7: 1 scoop of ON Casein, 1tbsp natty peanut butter

Supplement schedule:

CLA: 4g daily

Whey/Casein: 1 scoop of whey taken twice daily, 1 scoop of Casein taken once daily

L-Leucine: 20g taken intra-workout

Multi-vitamin: 1 vitamin taken twice daily

Blue Gene: 5 caps preworkout

Training

I'll list what I HAVE been doing during my training sessions, but some of the lifts may change, and I will let you know what those will be.

My training schedule is somewhat elaborate. I have my entire body split up into two workouts, branching from those two splits I have a total of four workouts; a low-rep day (3-6reps), and a high-rep day (10-15reps) for each muscle group. I label my workouts as A1, B1, A2, and B2. Specifics:

A1 (High-rep): Chest/Hams/Arms/Calves

Chest: (Superset working sets)

Cable X-over: 2 warmups, 4 working sets
Incline DB Press: 4 working sets

Hams:

Kneeling Leg Curl: 2 warmups, 4 working
Good mornings: 4 working

Arms: (Superset all sets)

Overhead tricep press: 2 warmup, 4 working
Preacher curl: 2 warmup, 4 working

Calves:

Standing Calf Raise: 4 sets

B1 (High rep): Quads/Delts/Back/Traps

Quads:

Leg extensions: 2 warmup, 4 working
Squats: 2 warmup, 4 working

Delts: (Superset working sets)

DB Lateral Raises: 2 warmup, 4 working
DB Reverse Grip Front Raises: 4 working

Back/Rear delts: (Superset working sets)

Seated Row: 2 warmup, 4 working
Rear delt DB Flyes: 4 working

DB Shurgs: 4 working

A2 (Low rep): Chest/Hams/Arms/Calves

Chest: Flat Bench BB Press- 2 warmup, 4 working

Hams: Stiff Legged Deadlifts- 2 warmup, 4 working

Arms (Superset all sets):
Tricep Pressdown: 2 warmup, 4 working
Seated DB Hammer Curl: 2 warmup, 4 working

Calves: Seated Calf Raise- 4 working

B2 (Low rep): Quads/Delts/Back/Traps

Quads: Squats- 2 warmup, 4 working

Delts: Seated DB Press - 2 warmup, 4working

Back: Close Grip Pullup (weighted) - 2 warmup, 4 working

Traps: Rack Shrugs- 4 working

I lift three days a week, which means that each muscle group gets worked twice a week every other weeks. Example:

Week 1
Mon:A1
Wed:B1
Fri:A2

Week2
Mon:B2
Wed:A1
Fri:B1

My cardio days are Tue/Thur, and I do one hour of cardio at moderate intensity. I usually do 30min/20/10 on Stairmill/Treadmill/Spin Bike. The treadmill is done at 15% incline and 3.3mph.

I am currently on a break from lifting for a couple reasons. First of all, it's been ten weeks of hard training since my last week off, and I feel as though I need the recovery time. Secondly, I'd like to clear out anything that is still active in my body from the Anabolic Edge so that I can give Blue Gene a fair review.

I will be commencing this log on Thursday, September 25th. I wanted to give everyone a heads up on the start of it so all my brosefs could sub, and to give any new chappies to get involved and motivate me in my training.

Here's some of my pics starting from the beginning of the AE log up until this morning...

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will probably be changing most of my high-rep exercises. If you guys have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm curious about Blue GENE myself, good luck!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm curious about Blue GENE myself, good luck!
I'm excited to see what the Blue Up + Blue Gene combo give you. If BG gives me some good results, and I see that the stack is doing good for you, I'm for sure going to be doing that in the future. I LOVED high-dosing Blue UP stim free.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
On a side note, tickets for the New Orleans Dropkick Murphys show on November 13th at the House of Blues just went on sale. I know some of you guys don't live too far from me, and I'll for sure be going to that show.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Subb'd!!!! Psyched this log is starting. Good luck bro, i'll be along for the ride!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks everyone. It should be another exciting log.

I'm going to try to put some vids up next week. I know a few people that work there in the mornings when I lift, so I'll just get them to take the video.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks interesting. I'll follow along and chip in every now and then :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did rather well today on my first exam of the semester. That's a load off my shoulders.

Just drank some chamomile tea with 4g GABA and 3mg Melatonin. Ya, I should sleep good tonight.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Here's some of my pics starting from the beginning of the AE log up until this morning...
...and the log "How the perfection gets more perfect" :)
Only the sky is the limit :head::woohoo:

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Nice man, I'll be following along, awesome pictures as well, KILLER quads and back thickness.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's GREAT to have all of you in here. This should be an excellent log, especially with all of this support, and I can't wait until it kicks off on Thursday. This down time is really killing me, but I know it's necessary for my recovery.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I decided to switch my protein brand from Scivation Whey to ATW Lean and Fit Meal Replacer. I don't know why I've never heard of this stuff before. It's basically whey isolate with fiber and vitamins. Only $32 for 5lbs at NP. Here are the supplement facts...

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 37.80 g
Servings per Container: ~60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 140 **
Calories from Fat 4
Total Fat 0 g 0%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g **
Cholesterol 6 mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 7 g 2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g 20%
Sugars 1 g **
Calcium 150 mg 15%
Phosphorus 60 mg 6%
Sodium 50 mg 2%
Potassium 150 mg 4%
Protein 27 g 54%
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 50%
Iron 35%
Vitamin D 50%
Vitamin E 50%
Vitamin K 50%
Thiamin 50%
Riboflavin 50%
Niacin 50%
Vitamin B6 50%
Vitamin B12 50%
Biotin 50%
Pantothenic Acid 50%
Iodine 50%
Chromium 50%
Zinc 50%
Folic Acid 50%
Copper 50%
Molybdenum 50%
Selenium 50%
Manganese 50%

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I decided to switch my protein brand from Scivation Whey to ATW Lean and Fit Meal Replacer. I don't know why I've never heard of this stuff before. It's basically whey isolate with fiber and vitamins. Only $32 for 5lbs at NP. Here are the supplement facts...

Supplement Facts

Calories 140 **
Calories from Fat 4
Total Fat 0 g 0%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g **
Cholesterol 6 mg 2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g 20%
Sugars 1 g **
Calcium 150 mg 15%
Phosphorus 60 mg 6%
Sodium 50 mg 2%
Potassium 150 mg 4%
Protein 27 g 54%
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 50%
Iron 35%
Vitamin D 50%
Vitamin E 50%
Vitamin K 50%
Thiamin 50%
Riboflavin 50%
Niacin 50%
Vitamin B6 50%
Vitamin B12 50%
Biotin 50%
Pantothenic Acid 50%
Iodine 50%
Chromium 50%
Zinc 50%
Folic Acid 50%
Copper 50%
Molybdenum 50%
Selenium 50%
Manganese 50%
Looks good, more proteins need fiber in them i think.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh, Rosie...I feel so honored to be graced with your presence every now and then.
LOL. I'll follow every day, but not necessarily SAY something (dolt :D)

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in buddy! Lookn thick bro! Tho I dont think you have enough pics up....lazy

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in buddy! Lookn thick bro! Tho I dont think you have enough pics up....lazy
Hopefully after this log I will look thicker and have lower bodyfat. I'd really like to drop that fat on the midsection. I don't think it will happen until I really strap down on my diet. Even then, I don't know.

But we will giz a go, ya?!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I plan on posting my pictures up from the jam I'm going to on Tuesday. I plan to be cabbaged as a fiddlers ***** all day; the last time for a long time!

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully after this log I will look thicker and have lower bodyfat. I'd really like to drop that fat on the midsection. I don't think it will happen until I really strap down on my diet. Even then, I don't know.

But we will giz a go, ya?!
From where you started, you can drop that fat. its all in the diet and cardio. you have the motivation. I think you should do a lean bulk with the blue gene and then get back on the diet serious after and stripp the rest of the fat off.imo

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
From what Ive seen Irish's diet is damn near flawless :blink:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always thought it was pretty good myself, which makes me wonder why I haven't gotten rid of that bottom layer of fat yet. I don't know what else I need to do. I've tried super low carbs, high carbs, low fat, extra protein. As far as supps I've tried thermos, topicals, EFAs, etc. I just don't know why it sticks around. I think it's really a genetic thing. I think the next thing I will try will be TTA/RK/Relora.

And to answer your question, Metroba, "Giz a go" simply means give it a go.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
looking forward to the pictures from the show. ive only seen em play once at a warped tour, but it was by far one of the coolest performances ive seen.

good luck with BG. tear it up!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
looking forward to the pictures from the show. ive only seen em play once at a warped tour, but it was by far one of the coolest performances ive seen.

good luck with BG. tear it up!
Glad to have you along.

This will be my third time seeing them. Always a great show.

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established

Yeah, get rid of that mayo Irish :icon_lol:

I was curious, which brand of CLA would you recommend? I was thinking of adding it to my stack.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, get rid of that mayo Irish :icon_lol:

I was curious, which brand of CLA would you recommend? I was thinking of adding it to my stack.
Smart Balance mayo - infused with ALA :thumbsup:

I use Nutraplanet's CLA Supreme capsules.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Smart Balance mayo - infused with ALA :thumbsup:

I use Nutraplanet's CLA Supreme capsules.
ive seen a mayo made with olive oil, or has added olive oil. i need to buy it. im a big fan of mayo, im not sure why. it tastes like absolute garbage alone, but when mixed with something, its prety close to what i imagine heaven will be like.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha. I've never been THAT into mayo, but I have to put something in my tuna to make it a little more moist; otherwise, it takes forever to go down the hatch.

Do any of you have suggestions for good shoes to lift in? I just bought some New Balance, which I normally like, but for some reason I don't care for how these fit. I really want to get some of the low-profile Pumas but they never have my size in the color I want.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I gave up mayo about a year ago. It was so weird putting salsa and mustard on my tuna sandwiches at first, but now I couldn't imagine throwing mayonnaise on them!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to do salsa and mustard, too. I seem to rotate all that stuff out.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

Supplement Facts

Calories 140 **
Calories from Fat 4
Total Fat 0 g 0%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g **
Cholesterol 6 mg 2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g 20%
Sugars 1 g **
Calcium 150 mg 15%
Phosphorus 60 mg 6%
Sodium 50 mg 2%
Potassium 150 mg 4%
Protein 27 g 54%
Vitamin A 50%
Vitamin C 50%
Iron 35%
Vitamin D 50%
Vitamin E 50%
Vitamin K 50%
Thiamin 50%
Riboflavin 50%
Niacin 50%
Vitamin B6 50%
Vitamin B12 50%
Biotin 50%
Pantothenic Acid 50%
Iodine 50%
Chromium 50%
Zinc 50%
Folic Acid 50%
Copper 50%
Molybdenum 50%
Selenium 50%
Manganese 50%

PM Marc from ATW. This protein is 50% whey, 50% micellular if i'm not mistaken. They didn't update the label until recently.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
PM Marc from ATW. This protein is 50% whey, 50% micellular if i'm not mistaken. They didn't update the label until recently.
Oh, okay. Hmm. I wonder how that will affect me. May be a good thing. Thanks for the info.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know why, but I looked decently dry this morning. The pictures don't really show it that well, but I had some real vascularity going and I looked real grainy. The only difference is that I've been taking about 5g of GABA at night.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
ive seen a mayo made with olive oil, or has added olive oil. i need to buy it. im a big fan of mayo, im not sure why. it tastes like absolute garbage alone, but when mixed with something, its prety close to what i imagine heaven will be like.
Yeah i have that new kind made with olive oil. I like it so far and the fats are great!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those are some solid 4x4 wheels there, bud.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
looking good man.

what flavor of the ATW lean and fit did you get? and how do you like it?

i want to do the velocity diet (except with ground oats for use with AP or neovar) sometime in the future and im considering using the chocolate one.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys.

Rolandajoint, I bought the Chocolate flavor, but I have yet to try it. I just ordered it yesterday. I've still got about 5lbs left of my Scivation whey before I start using the Lean and Fit.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'm all packed up for tomorrow. Among multiple flasks of Jameson, cans of Guinness, and 10 self-rolled daks, I've got...

1 gallon of water
1 gallon of Crystal Light w/ 40g L-Leucine (post-alcohol/before bed)
2 pita pockets each stuffed with one can of tuna
5 small packets of beef jerky (9g protein each)
5 scoops of whey
2 scoops of casein
CLA and Vitamins
1 capsule of ATD do get rid of that post-alcohol Estro

Ahhh...I love being prepared.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mustard and salsa?! That sounds good! Im gonna try next time!

Irish, relora is the **** for getting rid of bellyflab! Id def give that a go. And you can see more separation in those abs man!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I'm all packed up for tomorrow. Among multiple flasks of Jameson, cans of Guinness, and 10 self-rolled daks, I've got...

1 gallon of water
1 gallon of Crystal Light w/ 40g L-Leucine (post-alcohol/before bed)
2 pita pockets each stuffed with one can of tuna
5 small packets of beef jerky (9g protein each)
5 scoops of whey
2 scoops of casein
CLA and Vitamins
1 capsule of ATD do get rid of that post-alcohol Estro

Ahhh...I love being prepared.
40g of Leucine!! Well if that won't maximize protein metabolism, increase nitrogen retention, prevent catabolism and enhance insulin sensitivity, then I don't know what will.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm back and I'm alive...somehow. I'll post up pics from yesterday when I wake up from a much needed nap.