Irish Cannon Gets Unnatural, Naturally - Part 2: CL's Blue Gene (sponsored)

Page 11 of 13 First ... 6910111213 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Haha. Maybe fasting for a day was a good thing. We will see tomorrow. It's A2, so I've got both Flat Bench and SLDL. If those go up, then I'll be doing a one-day fast more often!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Your forearm looks AWESOME in that last pic!
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Your forearm looks AWESOME in that last pic!
    I second that, nice, powerful looking forearms.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.33%

I third it! Back still has me jealous!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Thanks, guys. I've never been happy with my forearms, though. I've never been happy with my arms in general. I think they suck. Sometimes I'll try shirts on and everything is tight except the sleeves. I don't wear tight clothes, but when I'm trying it on it makes me feel puny.

After tomorrow's workout I think I'm going to go chill on the beach. Weather is cooling down so I'm going to get out there and enjoy it. My bro is doing some EMT thing out there and they're grilling up some fish and he invited me to that. I'm all about free fish.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.21%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Thanks, guys. I've never been happy with my forearms, though. I've never been happy with my arms in general. I think they suck. Sometimes I'll try shirts on and everything is tight except the sleeves. I don't wear tight clothes, but when I'm trying it on it makes me feel puny.

After tomorrow's workout I think I'm going to go chill on the beach. Weather is cooling down so I'm going to get out there and enjoy it. My bro is doing some EMT thing out there and they're grilling up some fish and he invited me to that. I'm all about free fish.
    You said a mouthful.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.77%

i would like to know how are the cognitive effects of this product.......does it really put you in the zone or is it a mild stim type product? please give me a bit of detail on how it makes you feel after consuming bro. peace.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Quote Originally Posted by getsum27 View Post
    i would like to know how are the cognitive effects of this product.......does it really put you in the zone or is it a mild stim type product? please give me a bit of detail on how it makes you feel after consuming bro. peace.
    Surely.

Most of the affects are performance based, but not in any way similar to a stimulant. The strongest effects are on your athletic endurance, muscle fatigue, and libido.

The athletic endurance is the most pronounced. I seem to recover quicker after a set, and am able to cut my rest time in half.

Muscle fatigue has dropped quite a bit for me. I don't notice as strong of a lactic acid buildup during my sets, and am able to force out more power because of this. This is especially helpful on high-rep sets.

High libido speaks for itself.
  9. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

screw talkin about your forearms...where did you score those outrageous pants?!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Down 7lbs and stronger ... wild stuff!!!! Pics look great bro
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.38%

Surely.

Most of the affects are performance based, but not in any way similar to a stimulant. The strongest effects are on your athletic endurance, muscle fatigue, and libido.

The athletic endurance is the most pronounced. I seem to recover quicker after a set, and am able to cut my rest time in half.

Muscle fatigue has dropped quite a bit for me. I don't notice as strong of a lactic acid buildup during my sets, and am able to force out more power because of this. This is especially helpful on high-rep sets.

High libido speaks for itself.
    Awesome summary
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CTDeuce again.

The pants got my attention first...then the forearms

Lookin' awesome IC!
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.74%

LOL. I think those are swimming trunks.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

LOL. I think those are swimming trunks.
    Ya, what the hell?! LOL.

They're my board shorts. I live on the beach.
  15. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.86%

Ya, what the hell?! LOL.

They're my board shorts. I live on the beach.
    I don't care if they're your "wrestle with sharks shorts"...they're still funky fresh
    www.millenniumsport.net
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Hahah. I have a few pairs of funky fresh board shorts. Those are my favorites, though.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.62%

Lookin lean mane, keep it up!
  18. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.79%

Loven dem board shorts bro! I got me some wild ones too! Like multi colored japanese fighter plane style, everyone messed with me when I wear em but I know there the bomb diggity!

Pics look awesome as well buddy keep that ish up!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.77%

thanks for the info Irish......good stuff man!
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Alright, here's yesterdays update, today...

Day 23

Yesterday went how I expected. Since I had been sick, and it was a power-day, I figured my lifts would go down. Fortunately, the only lift this happened on was Flat Bench BB Press. I lifted my normal 230lbs off the bar and it felt wayyy too heavy for some reason. Since I didn't have a spotter, I decided to drop the weight to 205 and just work that. No big deal, though. I'm sure I'll be right back where I was, if not lifting more next bench press day.

I was down one rep on my first set of SLDL, but the other sets were the same.

I went up on my arm exercises. I was doing 165lbs on Close Grip Bench for 6reps and 45lbs on Alt. DB Curls for 6reps. I was focusing heavily on concentrated movements on both of these exercises. 3 second negatives.

I really wasn't in to my workout yesterday. I couldn't stop yawning. I think it's just the lingering effects of being sick.

Tomorrow is HIIT and I CAN'T WAIT! to get some of that in. It's been over a week since I've done any cardio.

This will be my last week of Blue Gene and I'm really going to take advantage of it. I'm really going to be pushing myself on each and every set.

If any of you guys see anything in those pictures that you really think I need to work on, please let me know!
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.38%

Awesome, good way to take advantage of it. I know getting sick throws you for a loop, but you bounced back quick and even a workout when your tired will help to boost your energy back up
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Awesome, good way to take advantage of it. I know getting sick throws you for a loop, but you bounced back quick and even a workout when your tired will help to boost your energy back up
    Ya, I sort of felt like going in for an extra HIIT session today, but I've gotta stay on schedule.

Does anyone know much about the good types of rice? I heard that Basmatti was good to eat, so I picked up some of that along with some veggies I'm going to steam, kidney beans, and a pork tenderloin I'm going to bake. That will be tonights dinner.

I decided I'm going to try some of this real good looking fruit/veggie juice I found. Instead of having fruit in the morning, I'm going to have 4oz of this stuff. It has apples, mangos, kiwis, spinach, broccoli, pineapple, and a few other things in it.
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.33%

Ya, I sort of felt like going in for an extra HIIT session today, but I've gotta stay on schedule.

Does anyone know much about the good types of rice? I heard that Basmatti was good to eat, so I picked up some of that along with some veggies I'm going to steam, kidney beans, and a pork tenderloin I'm going to bake. That will be tonights dinner.

I decided I'm going to try some of this real good looking fruit/veggie juice I found. Instead of having fruit in the morning, I'm going to have 4oz of this stuff. It has apples, mangos, kiwis, spinach, broccoli, pineapple, and a few other things in it.
    Looks yumtastic! Whats it called?
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

I think the brand is called "Naked" - I found it next to all the OJ, Pomegranate, and assorted juices. There's 32oz in it and it says it has 2lbs of fruit. Which means that's all it is. Looked solid.
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Forgot to mention that I have serious DOMS in my hams and down my entire back; mainly on the insides and stretching to the outsides of my lower back. Obviously all from the SLDLs. Chest is a bit sore, as are my arms.

I'm lovin' it.
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.33%

I think the brand is called "Naked" - I found it next to all the OJ, Pomegranate, and assorted juices. There's 32oz in it and it says it has 2lbs of fruit. Which means that's all it is. Looked solid.
    Funny I just bought that exact same thing from 7-11 yesterday
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Day 25

Just got done with my HIIT session. It was freaking INTENSE! I did twelve intervals of 30 secs on/60off on the spin bike. I really cranked up the resistance and pushed it as hard as I could. When I woke up with even more severe DOMS in my hams/glutes today I knew I was in for it.

My glutes have a serious pump going right now. My butt is sticking way out there. When I first got off the bike to wipe it down my legs kept giving out and I was stumbling all over the place.

I was sort of tricked into going out last night. It's hard to explain. Anyways, it sucked and now my lips are chapped from sucking Scotch out of the bottle. I didn't have a whole lot, maybe three Scotches and I had a beer with some dinner we got. I wasn't planning on any of that. Waste of time and money. I had planned on getting a lot of homework done last night but now I've got to do it all today.

I've revised my diet a little. Meal 1 has changed to...

2 whole eggs, 6 egg whites, 1 slice of fat-free cheese, 2 slices of Ezekiel toast with ~1.5tsp honey, 1/2cup steel cut oats, 4oz fruit/veggie juice, 24oz water, 1cup coffee

That meal contains the bulk of my carbohydrates since it is my pre-workout meal. On lifting days I immediately head to the gym after eating, on cardio days I wait about 1-1.5hrs before working out. I'd like to add maybe another 10g of protein to the meal.

I've got until Friday to utilize this amazing endurance and stamina from Blue Gene. Let's make it count!
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.74%

Man, I wish I could workout first thing in the morning after breakfast, but that requires me to get out of bed at 5:30, and, well, I'm just not a morning person.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Man, I wish I could workout first thing in the morning after breakfast, but that requires me to get out of bed at 5:30, and, well, I'm just not a morning person.
    Ya, man, it just works out for me really well to do it this way. My schedule is extremely lax, so I can pretty much do whatever, whenever.

It sounds much cooler than it is. I'm usually bored out of my mind.
  30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.33%

Yeah I wish I could workout in the mornings. I am such a bad morning person tho that it is a rarity. Lookin good Irish!
  31. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.79%

Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    Yeah I wish I could workout in the mornings. I am such a bad morning person tho that it is a rarity. Lookin good Irish!

You and me both. HATE mornings!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Appetite is insane right now. I want to eat everything in sight. I was tempted to make some rice with my dinner, but I held off. HIIT always revs up my metabolism.
  33. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.86%

Appetite is insane right now. I want to eat everything in sight. I was tempted to make some rice with my dinner, but I held off. HIIT always revs up my metabolism.
    I had a heavy appetite friday...it was outrageous. I'm back to normal now

I think i'm going to go with your advice and keep my cals in the same range i've been at. Somewhere between 2300 - 2800 I think is going to be my optimal range and i'll see where i'm at after 2 months or so.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

I had a heavy appetite friday...it was outrageous. I'm back to normal now

I think i'm going to go with your advice and keep my cals in the same range i've been at. Somewhere between 2300 - 2800 I think is going to be my optimal range and i'll see where i'm at after 2 months or so.
    Definitely! With carbs, all you need is enough to get you through your workout. I think way too many people overdo the carbohydrates. Just keep at it. I'm sure it will take some adjusting but you will find the sweet spot. Since I started cutting and took a step back to evaluate everything, it probably took me five months before I really knew what worked...diet-wise at least.
  35. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.86%

I already have a fairly good idea of what I needed to be at before I changed the types of routines I was doing. I think I am going to up about 300 cals (total around 2800) for this type of routine (mainly within 2 hours post w/o) and see if that will keep me fueled enough for my workouts.

I always lifted sissy weights for a bajillion reps or so in my neverending cut, haha. I'm now totally bored with that and ready to move forward and get some heavier weight up . I'm still lifting light as crap....but i'm going up each week!

Thanks for your help...I appreciate it!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

My schedule is probably going to be all out of whack for the next couple of days. I'll probably have to do my training in the evening. I think all my profs get together and plan tests and papers all in the same week just to throw me off my routine.

Tomorrow is B2 which is my heavy squat day. Hopefully my numbers will be UP! Legs are already pretty sore, though. Hopefully they will be okay by tomorrow.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  123 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Day 25

Just got done with my HIIT session. It was freaking INTENSE! I did twelve intervals of 30 secs on/60off on the spin bike. I really cranked up the resistance and pushed it as hard as I could. When I woke up with even more severe DOMS in my hams/glutes today I knew I was in for it.

My glutes have a serious pump going right now. My butt is sticking way out there. When I first got off the bike to wipe it down my legs kept giving out and I was stumbling all over the place.

I was sort of tricked into going out last night. It's hard to explain. Anyways, it sucked and now my lips are chapped from sucking Scotch out of the bottle. I didn't have a whole lot, maybe three Scotches and I had a beer with some dinner we got. I wasn't planning on any of that. Waste of time and money.
    That was me last weekend, TERRIBLE , I did not drink, I wish I did, would have erased it from my memory, HATED wasting the whole day after 'cause I felt sleep deprived :

I've got until Friday to utilize this amazing endurance and stamina from Blue Gene. Let's make it count!
    GIVE IT HELL IC !!!
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    That was me last weekend, TERRIBLE , I did not drink, I wish I did, would have erased it from my memory, HATED wasting the whole day after 'cause I felt sleep deprived :
    You know, it's funny. People always give me a hard time about not going out and doing stuff with them, and they blame it all on my bodybuilding; however, anytime I get myself to go out, I remember why I never go out in the first place. It's rarely ever that much fun. Not going out has nothing to do with my bodybuilding. - Don't get me wrong, I love to be outdoors and wakeboard and bike and all of that, but I'm talking strictly about nightlife.

Why was I born with such contemporaries? I have more fun with the older folks. They seem to understand me so much better.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.14%

A girl from class just called me and said class was cancelled and the paper isn't due until next week! Yayyy!!

Time to go crush some squats and shoulder presses!
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.74%

A girl from class just called me and said class was cancelled and the paper isn't due until next week! Yayyy!!

Time to go crush some squats and shoulder presses!
    Give it hell, bro!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Irish Cannon Teams-Up with LG Science's T-911! (Sponsored)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 722
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 11:37 PM
  2. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 06:04 PM
  3. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 06:34 PM
  4. Replies: 344
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM
  5. Irish Cannon Gets Loaded with LG Sciences (Sponsored)
    By Irish Cannon in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 03:41 PM