EasyEJL freshly BulletProof goes on the Assaualt (sponsored MusclePharm log)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

EasyEJL freshly BulletProof goes on the Assaualt (sponsored MusclePharm log)

From musclepharm's site

Maximizes Recovery and Repair
    Stimulation of Growth Hormone (HGH)
    Dream Big Grow Big
    Increase in Lean Muscle Tissue
    Enhanced Libido in Both Sexes
    Relief from Many Forms of Pain

SLEEP WHILE YOU GROW:
    The scientists at Muscle Pharm understand that quality sleep is absolutely essential to any bodybuilder wishing to max out his/her genetic potential. This is precisely why they have left no stone unturned in the pursuit of excellence and created a groundbreaking formula geared specifically toward not only initiating the sleep process, but actually maximizing it!
    http://musclepharm.com/pdf/BulletPro...ntFacts_v2.pdf

pity there isn't a straight jpg of the ingredients but click the link, its worth it

In a basically 20g serving blend it contains
    Muscle Recovery Matrix
    L-Glutamine
    HMB
    Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutyrate Monohydrate
    Beta Alanine
    Citruline Malate
    Gingerols (from ginger root) 20%
    HGH Night Growth Matrix
    L-Arginine HCL
    Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
    4-Amino-3Phenylbutyric Acid (phenibut)
    Mucuna Pruriens Extract (Standardized To 20% L-Dopa,
    L-Phenylalanine
    L-Tyrosine
    ZMA Blend
    Zinc (as monomethione and asparate)
    Magnesium (as asparate)
    Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL)
    Essential Amino Acid Blend:
    L-Threonine, L-Valine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine,
    L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Aspartic Acid,
    L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine,
    L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Cysteine HCL

which is ultra sweet in my book. A great combination of ingredients both for sleep purposes, as well as recovery.

Assault is just as interesting

Assaulting Pumps
    Supercharged Energy & Endurance
    Increased Focus & Training Intensity

Train Like A Un-Chained Beast:
    In the gym you will train like an unchained beast, pushing heavier weights, blasting through plateaus, and achieving muscle pumps that will threaten to split your skin! In the mirror you will see the physique you have always dreamed of!
    and the ingredients list is just as cool

So i'm officially starting the log tomorrow, however i've snuck some sampling in actually Assault says to use 1/2 scoop on non-workout days (to help with buildup of suma root i'm guessing) so i've done that yesterday + today, as well as tried bulletproof 1 nite. I must say i'm impressed so far, and i'm just waiting to try the first workout on assault tomorrow.
    I got a good energy boost from the 1/2 scoop, so a full scoop should be interesting. Bulletproof gave some crazy sleep, to the point where I think i'm going to dose less than a full scoop and see how it goes.

Right now I am on a relatively gradual cut, running at somewhere close to 2000 cals non-workout days, 2500 workout days. Staying with next to no carbs, other than saturday. Eating very clean, most foods all natural/organic, a mix of fish/dairy/beef/chicken for protein.

Workout routine is a vague relative of the SAIS routine, I think I may go for overall higher volume tho for a couple of weeks, with lighter weights. we'll see how tomorrow feels
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Final impressions:

Assault - I was happily surprised. I initially thought it was going to be similar to other preworkouts and yet it had a different edge to it. Stim free for one which I needed as i abuse my adrenals too much, as well as including Suma Root. I noticed a great pump and good intraset recovery every workout with it, and also kept that "thick" feel in the worked muscles for a good number of hours after workouts, similar to midway thru an x-factor cycle. Was really a nice feeling and I was quite surprised how both morning and evening workouts were without any stims. The only downside I saw honestly was pricing - on the musclepharm website its listed at $69.99 which is extreme. However there are regularly coupon codes available from Musclepharm, and I've seen some as high as 50% off the list price. At $35 a tub, the assault is a great buy. At 1 scoop preworkout, and 1/2 scoop other days a single tub lasts 6 weeks. I played with higher dosing for a week and found that I liked the workout about the same with 1 to 2 scoops, but definitely liked taking 3/4 to 1 scoop better on nonworkout days as a kickstart for my morning. So I'd think that a tub would last somewhere from 30-35 days depending on your workout schedule which is a bargain for $35. Another thing worth mentioning was no stomach upset even at higher doses. I'm likely picking up a tub particularly for use in evening workouts as it gives great non-stim assist. I also am considering it as a potential for regular use, as I definitely noticed something different with the suma root.

Bulletproof - I sadly didn't enjoy bulletproof as much as I had hoped, some of it was viruses fault, some of it my own. I believe I even mentioned at the start of the log shaking the container pre-usage and yet i kept forgetting to do that after the first day. my first week of use was great and about everything I expected and then it tapered off rapidly as far as putting me to sleep in the first place. It did continue to help me stay asleep to some extent and fall asleep after waking for the toilet. Also during this time however I was regularly woken up at night for all but the last week to 10 days of the log by one of 3 sick children - started with the baby, moved to the 12yo then finally to the 4yo, and the baby took the longest to get over it. So my sleep was screwed regardless, but i really didn't get much of the GABA flush and drowsiness after the first week, even after taking 3 days off and starting again. So I think not shaking each time probably had the gaba sift to the top with the container getting moved around casually on the counter, leaving that first week heavy on gaba, but the rest of the time light on it. Soooo I'm not sure entirely at this point whether bulletproof was a great product or not, and not sure whether i'll buy it in the future. I might to try again when none of the kids are sick and also remember to shake it daily if I do. at $35 with the sale I'm right on the fence about ordering some along with some assault to try again myself. Just money is tight with my daughter trying to raise money for a school trip and christmas coming up, car license renewal etc.

Overall i'd say Musclepharm has done a quite nice job with their initial launch, and i'd be willing to bet they will do well going forwards.

Note: if I can find my freakin measuring tape, i'll post final measurements here as well. Overall i'm thinking I didn't make any huge changes, but I see a little difference in forearms, and maybe a touch more on chest/back width
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

This space reserved for Steveo's mandatory "Good luck!" comment.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

Ahhh in early.
  5. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Im in broski!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Good Luck Easy, I attached the ingredient panels too.

:bruce2:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post

pity there isn't a straight jpg of the ingredients but click the link, its worth it
    Don't worry, homey. I got your back.

Oh yeah, count me in.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I'm in for the fun!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Answers

Interesting product! Good luck with this mate, I'll be keeping an eye on the log
  10. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'10"  251 lbs.
    Answers

subbed~~!!!
  11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

so last nite was 2/3 scoop of bulletproof and it worked exatcly like I want a prebed supp to work. It made me feel drowsy, but wasn't like a "go to sleep sledgehammer". I got a little of the gaba rush from it, and fell asleep nicely a short while later. woke a couple of times during the nite for bathroom, woke up for good after about 9hrs sleep, and not groggy.

didn't have time to take measurements as my wife wanted to go out to breakfast and I wanted to be sure to have time to work out and get to a vitamin shoppe demo by 12. I'll take em tomorrow. Was at 195 this morning, but since its a carbup day could easily be 197 tomorrow. or not, we'll see taking a full scoop of assault now, will work out in a few!
    This space for rent

12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I've been really wanting to try HMB. This looks like it could have a decent enough dose in it too. Hmm....
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

13. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i could even add more, i have plenty. I think given chemical + taste that i would prefer just adding leucine tho
    This space for rent

14. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Answers

Bullet Proof has an amazing blend. On paper, I like it more than any other prebed supp I've seen.

Lookin' forward to seeing it's actual performance.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  15. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

chest + shoulders, but ran out of time to finish

incline db press superset with reverse incline fly superset with incline fly
    45x10-20x10-20x10, 55x10-20x9-20x11, 60x8-15x12-25x10, 50x7-15x8-25x9

decline machine press superset with upright row superset wtih decline fly
    70x12-63x12-15x12, 100x8-63x10-15x13, 100x9-63x9-15x14

and outta time, have to shower and all. was going to do one more set like that, plus arnolds + laterals + front raises. i'll do those tomorrow.

was a good workout tho, plenty of energy for it, would easily have kept going if it wasnt for time
    This space for rent

16. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

wassup easy? ill be checkin in on you. I have yet to try bulletproof but i will in about 2 hours! Im curious on the taste. Assault is like a treat isnt it?!! haha i know you are loving it.
  17. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Rosie's watching from the sidelines...
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  18. Registered User
    Answers

Thumbs up

Subbed!
  19. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

2/3 scoop bulletproof last nite in very little water (4oz). felt good and then like an idiot i stayed up to watch a sucky movies, so when I finally tried to fall asleep I had a hard time. Still woke up pretty much DOMS free, so that was nice

back shoulders chest bis tris geez

extra wide grip (40-42 inches) pulldows superset with db shoulder press superset with bent over simultaneous db rows
    90x10-40x10-40x10, 120x10-40x10-40x7, 140x8-45x9-35x6, 140x8-45x7-0 (my lower back didnt enjoy the bent over rows)

high row superset with flat db chest press superset with ez curls
    140x7-45x10-63x10, 130x7-55x6-63x8, 120x9-45x7-63x7, 120x6-40x6-63x5

arnold presses superset with hammer curls superset with standing behind head triceps extension
    20x12-20x14-20x8, 20x10-20x11-20x6, 20x9-20x8-20x5

and i'm done. I'm expecting to hurt tomorrow. I had plenty of great CNS energy even given poor sleep. Liking assault a lot for that. I mixed the assault with 6oz of grapefruit juice and 4 oz of water. worked nice although blueraspberry + gfj aren't exactly a perfect mix taste wise. Definitely my muscles gave up before my mind did, which was nice. going to have to try a heavy squats + deadlifts morning and see how that goes. Liking assault alot so far!
    This space for rent

20. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

gfj and assault doesnt sound appealing to me at all LOL.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Interesting, must keep an eye on this one
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  22. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

I'm here to cheer on Easy into doing some cardio 15 minutes of sprints won't kill you, although it might feel like it!
  23. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    15 minutes of sprints won't kill you
    I'm not sure i'm willing to take the chance actually i've done well without cardio. The main reason I am cardioless now (if you look at my logs from last year I literally was doing ridiculous amounts of cardio) is that i can't see regular high volume cardio being a piece of my long term life. So i'm trying to make everything work with diet manipulation alone. So far i am slowly getting leaner.
    This space for rent

24. Muscle Pharm Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I've been really wanting to try HMB. This looks like it could have a decent enough dose in it too. Hmm....

There is over 1g of HMB in each serving
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

Have you thought about just adding in 30 min of steady walking cardio? Although honestly I'm leaning out without doing the amount of cardio she requires me to do.
  26. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

I'm not sure i'm willing to take the chance actually i've done well without cardio. The main reason I am cardioless now (if you look at my logs from last year I literally was doing ridiculous amounts of cardio) is that i can't see regular high volume cardio being a piece of my long term life. So i'm trying to make everything work with diet manipulation alone. So far i am slowly getting leaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Have you thought about just adding in 30 min of steady walking cardio? Although honestly I'm leaning out without doing the amount of cardio she requires me to do.
    MOST of getting lean IS in your DIET. Cardio isn't THAT necessary (helps burn extra calories (not that you need to if diet is manipulated right), and is good for keeping cardiovascular fitness up). Resistance training is more important (but we all knew that).

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  27. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

now that its cooling down, I may get back into the habit of some moderate bike rides with my 12 year old daughter again, cause that is fun as well
    This space for rent

28. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

last nite sleep was excellent, and today i have virtually no doms, just some light pec soreness. way less than usual
    This space for rent

29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    MOST of getting lean IS in your DIET. Cardio isn't THAT necessary (helps burn extra calories (not that you need to if diet is manipulated right), and is good for keeping cardiovascular fitness up). Resistance training is more important (but we all knew that).

True but she has me doing contest dieting, which sadly does require some cardio to get as lean as you need to be be to be competitive on stage.
  30. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

darn i was hoping for a chick fight
    This space for rent

31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Answers

darn i was hoping for a chick fight
    LOL don't you wish
    I know what works for me and she knows what works for her. In the end they are very similar it just depends on what your end result is for that stage in your life
  32. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

last nite took 2/3 bulletproof at around 10:30, was asleep by 11:10ish. woke up at 5 (on purpose) slugged a full scoop of assault and tried to work out

squats superset with incline db press superset with incline fly
    180x6-55x10-30x10, 250x6-55x4 since i was doing slow extra wide eccentrics (6 second) I overextended a little on 4th rep and overstretched my pec a little so didn't try for any more-20x10, 250x6-45x7 and didn't feel good-20x12

by this time I was feeling less than 100% motivated and even with the assault I couldn't quite get the CNS whoophm going to continue, plus it was already 6 which is my usual waking time. so next midweek workout i'm going to have to try something different. I may do my squats and deadlifts(was the other planned major exercise for today) saturday and sunday, and use wed for lighter exercises so i'm not taking such long set to set rests to catch my breath and let pulse stabilize
    This space for rent

33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Logs looking good so far! What flavor of Assault/Bullet Proof did youget?
    Formutech Nutrition | Online/Social Media Rep
    Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram for more promos!
    www.formutechnutrition.com |www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  34. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

blue ras for assault which is great, orange ras for bulletproof which is ok, nothing exciting

Liking both a lot so far
    This space for rent

35. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Answers

blue ras for assault which is great, orange ras for bulletproof which is ok, nothing exciting

Liking both a lot so far
    Raspberry is mmm mmm good! I hear the flavouring is pretty unbeatable, I should have some Assault/BP coming my way if customs ever lets it through lol.
  36. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

ive heard people fuss about BP's taste, I for one dont know wtf they are talking about, i must have alien taste buds cuz i think MusclePharm did a great job on it.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Answers

Blue raz sounds delicious!
  38. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

True but she has me doing contest dieting, which sadly does require some cardio to get as lean as you need to be be to be competitive on stage.
    I guess (but if you're dieting, and being as ridiculous as most competitors are, then you're not eating much anyways, which would decrease the need for cardio). I do ~20 minutes of cardio 6-7 days a week, simply because just doing resistance training would make me feel like I was standing still. And my "contest diet" (when I did it) was pretty much the same as my normal diet, LOL. Then again, I generally stay between 8-10% BF all year round. Soooo, shrug...Anyways, good luck for your competition

LOL don't you wish
    I know what works for me and she knows what works for her. In the end they are very similar it just depends on what your end result is for that stage in your life
    Well said. And you do what works for YOU, not anyone else!

39. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

sleep on bulletproof is still excellent, closer to 3/4 scoop now. preworkout I used assault at a heaping scoop, tomorrow will try 1.5 scoops just to see how it goes.

chest/bis
    incline db press superset with hammer curls superset with db fly
    45x10-20x10-20x10, 55x10-25x10-25x10, 60x8-25x10-25x10, 50x7-25x9-25x10

ez curls superset with decline press superset with concentration curls
    63x10-70x6???-25x10, 63x9-70x8-25x9 and enough

had a good pump by this point, and was feeling some stiffness/soreness in shoulder joints. the only hitting 6 for 70 is totally bizarre on decline press as I can usually do 90 for 10, and as high as 120 for 6-8 usually. so not really sure but my right shoulder was being non-cooperative painwise :P
    This space for rent

40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Easy do you use anything to loosen your muscles/joints up before lifting?? ie lineaments , heat rub, etc
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. MC Goes Into Combat Thanks to MusclePharm (Sponsored)
    By mrchristian in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 10:25 AM
  2. Prepare for War: Assault and Bulletproof Log
    By fightbackhxc in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 02:17 PM
  3. Lock, Stock, and Barrel LilPsych Gets Bulletproof (sponsored)
    By LilPsychotic in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 02:22 PM
  4. EasyEJL goes hardcore with Shred-XS-Hardcore (sponsored)
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 11:51 PM
  5. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 10:03 AM