EasyEJL freshly BulletProof goes on the Assaualt (sponsored MusclePharm log)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

From musclepharm's site

Maximizes Recovery and Repair
Stimulation of Growth Hormone (HGH)
Dream Big Grow Big
Increase in Lean Muscle Tissue
Enhanced Libido in Both Sexes
Relief from Many Forms of Pain

SLEEP WHILE YOU GROW:
The scientists at Muscle Pharm understand that quality sleep is absolutely essential to any bodybuilder wishing to max out his/her genetic potential. This is precisely why they have left no stone unturned in the pursuit of excellence and created a groundbreaking formula geared specifically toward not only initiating the sleep process, but actually maximizing it!
http://musclepharm.com/pdf/BulletProofIngredientFacts_v2.pdf

pity there isn't a straight jpg of the ingredients but click the link, its worth it :)

In a basically 20g serving blend it contains
Muscle Recovery Matrix
L-Glutamine
HMB
Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutyrate Monohydrate
Beta Alanine
Citruline Malate
Gingerols (from ginger root) 20%
HGH Night Growth Matrix
L-Arginine HCL
Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
4-Amino-3Phenylbutyric Acid (phenibut)
Mucuna Pruriens Extract (Standardized To 20% L-Dopa,
L-Phenylalanine
L-Tyrosine
ZMA Blend
Zinc (as monomethione and asparate)
Magnesium (as asparate)
Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine HCL)
Essential Amino Acid Blend:
L-Threonine, L-Valine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine,
L-Phenylalanine, L-Histidine, L-Lysine, L-Aspartic Acid,
L-Serine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Proline, L-Glycine,
L-Alanine, L-Leucine, L-Cysteine HCL

which is ultra sweet in my book. A great combination of ingredients both for sleep purposes, as well as recovery.

Assault is just as interesting

Assaulting Pumps
Supercharged Energy & Endurance
Increased Focus & Training Intensity

Train Like A Un-Chained Beast:
In the gym you will train like an unchained beast, pushing heavier weights, blasting through plateaus, and achieving muscle pumps that will threaten to split your skin! In the mirror you will see the physique you have always dreamed of!
and the ingredients list is just as cool

http://musclepharm.com/pdf/BulletProofIngredientFacts_v2.pdf

So i'm officially starting the log tomorrow, however i've snuck some sampling in :) actually Assault says to use 1/2 scoop on non-workout days (to help with buildup of suma root i'm guessing) so i've done that yesterday + today, as well as tried bulletproof 1 nite. I must say i'm impressed so far, and i'm just waiting to try the first workout on assault tomorrow.
I got a good energy boost from the 1/2 scoop, so a full scoop should be interesting. Bulletproof gave some crazy sleep, to the point where I think i'm going to dose less than a full scoop and see how it goes.

Right now I am on a relatively gradual cut, running at somewhere close to 2000 cals non-workout days, 2500 workout days. Staying with next to no carbs, other than saturday. Eating very clean, most foods all natural/organic, a mix of fish/dairy/beef/chicken for protein.

Workout routine is a vague relative of the SAIS routine, I think I may go for overall higher volume tho for a couple of weeks, with lighter weights. we'll see how tomorrow feels :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final impressions:

Assault - I was happily surprised. I initially thought it was going to be similar to other preworkouts and yet it had a different edge to it. Stim free for one which I needed as i abuse my adrenals too much, as well as including Suma Root. I noticed a great pump and good intraset recovery every workout with it, and also kept that "thick" feel in the worked muscles for a good number of hours after workouts, similar to midway thru an x-factor cycle. Was really a nice feeling and I was quite surprised how both morning and evening workouts were without any stims. The only downside I saw honestly was pricing - on the musclepharm website its listed at $69.99 which is extreme. However there are regularly coupon codes available from Musclepharm, and I've seen some as high as 50% off the list price. At $35 a tub, the assault is a great buy. At 1 scoop preworkout, and 1/2 scoop other days a single tub lasts 6 weeks. I played with higher dosing for a week and found that I liked the workout about the same with 1 to 2 scoops, but definitely liked taking 3/4 to 1 scoop better on nonworkout days as a kickstart for my morning. So I'd think that a tub would last somewhere from 30-35 days depending on your workout schedule which is a bargain for $35. Another thing worth mentioning was no stomach upset even at higher doses. I'm likely picking up a tub particularly for use in evening workouts as it gives great non-stim assist. I also am considering it as a potential for regular use, as I definitely noticed something different with the suma root.

Bulletproof - I sadly didn't enjoy bulletproof as much as I had hoped, some of it was viruses fault, some of it my own. I believe I even mentioned at the start of the log shaking the container pre-usage and yet i kept forgetting to do that after the first day. my first week of use was great and about everything I expected and then it tapered off rapidly as far as putting me to sleep in the first place. It did continue to help me stay asleep to some extent and fall asleep after waking for the toilet. Also during this time however I was regularly woken up at night for all but the last week to 10 days of the log by one of 3 sick children - started with the baby, moved to the 12yo then finally to the 4yo, and the baby took the longest to get over it. So my sleep was screwed regardless, but i really didn't get much of the GABA flush and drowsiness after the first week, even after taking 3 days off and starting again. So I think not shaking each time probably had the gaba sift to the top with the container getting moved around casually on the counter, leaving that first week heavy on gaba, but the rest of the time light on it. Soooo I'm not sure entirely at this point whether bulletproof was a great product or not, and not sure whether i'll buy it in the future. I might to try again when none of the kids are sick and also remember to shake it daily if I do. at $35 with the sale I'm right on the fence about ordering some along with some assault to try again myself. Just money is tight with my daughter trying to raise money for a school trip and christmas coming up, car license renewal etc.

Overall i'd say Musclepharm has done a quite nice job with their initial launch, and i'd be willing to bet they will do well going forwards.

Note: if I can find my freakin measuring tape, i'll post final measurements here as well. Overall i'm thinking I didn't make any huge changes, but I see a little difference in forearms, and maybe a touch more on chest/back width

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in broski! :dance:

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Interesting product! Good luck with this mate, I'll be keeping an eye on the log :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so last nite was 2/3 scoop of bulletproof and it worked exatcly like I want a prebed supp to work. It made me feel drowsy, but wasn't like a "go to sleep sledgehammer". I got a little of the gaba rush from it, and fell asleep nicely a short while later. woke a couple of times during the nite for bathroom, woke up for good after about 9hrs sleep, and not groggy.

didn't have time to take measurements as my wife wanted to go out to breakfast and I wanted to be sure to have time to work out and get to a vitamin shoppe demo by 12. I'll take em tomorrow. Was at 195 this morning, but since its a carbup day could easily be 197 tomorrow. or not, we'll see :) taking a full scoop of assault now, will work out in a few!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been really wanting to try HMB. This looks like it could have a decent enough dose in it too. Hmm....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i could even add more, i have plenty. I think given chemical + taste that i would prefer just adding leucine tho

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
chest + shoulders, but ran out of time to finish

incline db press superset with reverse incline fly superset with incline fly
45x10-20x10-20x10, 55x10-20x9-20x11, 60x8-15x12-25x10, 50x7-15x8-25x9

decline machine press superset with upright row superset wtih decline fly
70x12-63x12-15x12, 100x8-63x10-15x13, 100x9-63x9-15x14

and outta time, have to shower and all. was going to do one more set like that, plus arnolds + laterals + front raises. i'll do those tomorrow.

was a good workout tho, plenty of energy for it, would easily have kept going if it wasnt for time

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wassup easy? ill be checkin in on you. I have yet to try bulletproof but i will in about 2 hours! Im curious on the taste. Assault is like a treat isnt it?!! haha i know you are loving it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie's watching from the sidelines...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/3 scoop bulletproof last nite in very little water (4oz). felt good and then like an idiot i stayed up to watch a sucky movies, so when I finally tried to fall asleep I had a hard time. Still woke up pretty much DOMS free, so that was nice

back shoulders chest bis tris geez

extra wide grip (40-42 inches) pulldows superset with db shoulder press superset with bent over simultaneous db rows
90x10-40x10-40x10, 120x10-40x10-40x7, 140x8-45x9-35x6, 140x8-45x7-0 (my lower back didnt enjoy the bent over rows)

high row superset with flat db chest press superset with ez curls
140x7-45x10-63x10, 130x7-55x6-63x8, 120x9-45x7-63x7, 120x6-40x6-63x5

arnold presses superset with hammer curls superset with standing behind head triceps extension
20x12-20x14-20x8, 20x10-20x11-20x6, 20x9-20x8-20x5

and i'm done. I'm expecting to hurt tomorrow. I had plenty of great CNS energy even given poor sleep. Liking assault a lot for that. I mixed the assault with 6oz of grapefruit juice and 4 oz of water. worked nice although blueraspberry + gfj aren't exactly a perfect mix taste wise. Definitely my muscles gave up before my mind did, which was nice. going to have to try a heavy squats + deadlifts morning and see how that goes. Liking assault alot so far!

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
gfj and assault doesnt sound appealing to me at all LOL.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, must keep an eye on this one

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
15 minutes of sprints won't kill you
I'm not sure i'm willing to take the chance ;) actually i've done well without cardio. The main reason I am cardioless now (if you look at my logs from last year I literally was doing ridiculous amounts of cardio) is that i can't see regular high volume cardio being a piece of my long term life. So i'm trying to make everything work with diet manipulation alone. So far i am slowly getting leaner.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have you thought about just adding in 30 min of steady walking cardio? Although honestly I'm leaning out without doing the amount of cardio she requires me to do.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure i'm willing to take the chance ;) actually i've done well without cardio. The main reason I am cardioless now (if you look at my logs from last year I literally was doing ridiculous amounts of cardio) is that i can't see regular high volume cardio being a piece of my long term life. So i'm trying to make everything work with diet manipulation alone. So far i am slowly getting leaner.
Have you thought about just adding in 30 min of steady walking cardio? Although honestly I'm leaning out without doing the amount of cardio she requires me to do.
MOST of getting lean IS in your DIET. Cardio isn't THAT necessary (helps burn extra calories (not that you need to if diet is manipulated right), and is good for keeping cardiovascular fitness up). Resistance training is more important (but we all knew that).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
now that its cooling down, I may get back into the habit of some moderate bike rides with my 12 year old daughter again, cause that is fun as well :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
last nite sleep was excellent, and today i have virtually no doms, just some light pec soreness. way less than usual

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MOST of getting lean IS in your DIET. Cardio isn't THAT necessary (helps burn extra calories (not that you need to if diet is manipulated right), and is good for keeping cardiovascular fitness up). Resistance training is more important (but we all knew that).

True but she has me doing contest dieting, which sadly does require some cardio to get as lean as you need to be be to be competitive on stage.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
darn i was hoping for a chick fight :)
LOL don't you wish;)
I know what works for me and she knows what works for her. In the end they are very similar it just depends on what your end result is for that stage in your life :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
last nite took 2/3 bulletproof at around 10:30, was asleep by 11:10ish. woke up at 5 (on purpose) slugged a full scoop of assault and tried to work out

squats superset with incline db press superset with incline fly
180x6-55x10-30x10, 250x6-55x4 since i was doing slow extra wide eccentrics (6 second) I overextended a little on 4th rep and overstretched my pec a little so didn't try for any more-20x10, 250x6-45x7 and didn't feel good-20x12

by this time I was feeling less than 100% motivated and even with the assault I couldn't quite get the CNS whoophm going to continue, plus it was already 6 which is my usual waking time. so next midweek workout i'm going to have to try something different. I may do my squats and deadlifts(was the other planned major exercise for today) saturday and sunday, and use wed for lighter exercises so i'm not taking such long set to set rests to catch my breath and let pulse stabilize

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
Logs looking good so far! What flavor of Assault/Bullet Proof did youget?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
blue ras for assault which is great, orange ras for bulletproof which is ok, nothing exciting :)

Liking both a lot so far

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive heard people fuss about BP's taste, I for one dont know wtf they are talking about, i must have alien taste buds cuz i think MusclePharm did a great job on it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True but she has me doing contest dieting, which sadly does require some cardio to get as lean as you need to be be to be competitive on stage.
I guess (but if you're dieting, and being as ridiculous as most competitors are, then you're not eating much anyways, which would decrease the need for cardio). I do ~20 minutes of cardio 6-7 days a week, simply because just doing resistance training would make me feel like I was standing still. And my "contest diet" (when I did it) was pretty much the same as my normal diet, LOL. Then again, I generally stay between 8-10% BF all year round. Soooo, shrug...Anyways, good luck for your competition :)

LOL don't you wish;)
I know what works for me and she knows what works for her. In the end they are very similar it just depends on what your end result is for that stage in your life :)
Well said. And you do what works for YOU, not anyone else!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sleep on bulletproof is still excellent, closer to 3/4 scoop now. preworkout I used assault at a heaping scoop, tomorrow will try 1.5 scoops just to see how it goes.

chest/bis
incline db press superset with hammer curls superset with db fly
45x10-20x10-20x10, 55x10-25x10-25x10, 60x8-25x10-25x10, 50x7-25x9-25x10

ez curls superset with decline press superset with concentration curls
63x10-70x6???-25x10, 63x9-70x8-25x9 and enough

had a good pump by this point, and was feeling some stiffness/soreness in shoulder joints. the only hitting 6 for 70 is totally bizarre on decline press as I can usually do 90 for 10, and as high as 120 for 6-8 usually. so not really sure but my right shoulder was being non-cooperative painwise :p

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Easy do you use anything to loosen your muscles/joints up before lifting?? ie lineaments , heat rub, etc

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, here were my starting measurements from back at the start of july, at 193lbs

Chest 42
L Bi 14.25
R Bi 14
L forearm 11.25
R forearm 11.25 (betwen 1/4 + 1/2)
waist at pants 35.25
waist at belly button 35.25
shoulders 48.5 (kind of iffy on this measurement, doing it by yourself is always rough)

today at 198 i'm

Chest 43.5
L bi 14.5
R bi 14.5 (a hair bigger, maybe 5/8)
L forearm 11.25 (between 1/4 + 1/2)
R forearm 11.5
waist at pants 36
waist at belly button 36.25 but these are after breakfast, so maybe a bit off
shoulders 49.25

I'll remeasure waist tomorrow morning pre-eating if I remember to. I'm quite happy with the chest gain, and not bothered by the waist. The way pants fit is pretty much what they fit like back in july, so at most i think i'm only up 1/4 inch since then, if not actually down. We'll see tomorrow.

I feel sick today and got crappy sleep (yay, what a combo) but going to go do back anyhow

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
back + tris, i used 1.5 scoops of assault, it worked out nice :) still like more stimminess, so I took some extra caffeine :)

extra wide grip pulldowns superset with db deads
90x10-50x10, 130x10-80x10, 130x10-80x10, 130x8-80x7

skullcrushers superset with high rows
63x10-130x10, 63x10-110x12, 63x9-110x12

triceps pushdowns superset with db rows
70x10-40x10, 70x11-40x8, 70x9-40x10

reverse incline fly superset with chest supported incline triceps kickbacks
15x10-10x12, 10x8-10x10

and enough. skin splitting forearm pumps, and feeling swole and jacked :D I would have done a 3rd set on that last exercise, but my forearms were done for the day. wednesday will be shoulders/bis/tris. I think this organization of workout will work better for me.

nice sleep again last nite although I didn't get the gaba shortness of breath even tho I used a whole scoop. we'll see what happens tonite. If its the same tonite, then i'll take 2 days off and restart bulletproof after.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. I'm interested in hearing and seeing your results with this combo Easy. I value your opinions of products very highly. And I feel that diet is a bigger part of getting lean than just cardio alone of course. But we need to do cardio if for no other reason than the cardio-pulmonary-respiratory benefits it affords. :thumbsup:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Excellent point crader. I fail to mention this in my logs, but in addition to my 3 HIIT cardio sessions per week, I walk ALOT!! At least 4 days per week. And more like an hour each time. I can really clear my mind and meditate while I'm walking. I love walking my dog also. It all adds up in burning some extra calories and strengthening the heart. :thumbsup:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cool! Im in!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
up at 5 after not quite falling asleep till 12 :p

ez curls superset with upright row superset with standing ez bar tricep ext
63x10-63x10-63x10, 63x12-63x10-63x9, 63x10-63x8-63x7

db shoulder press superset with concentration curls superset with db tricep ext
40x9-35x9-25x10, 35x11-35x9-25x10, 35x10-35x8-25x8

reverse fly superset with tricep kickback superset with hammer curl
20x10-20x9-30x9, 20x8-20x9-30x8

front raise superset with tricep pushdown superset with dbs on preacher curl bench
10x13-70x15-15x15, 10x12-70x17-15x19

and done. was a great workout for 5 hrs sleep. bulletproof still working nicely but it cant create extra hours for me :D assault is giving nice pumps and a good feel throughout workout

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Easy, on nights when you only get 5 or so hours sleep do you wake up feeling a little extra groggy with the bullet proof? I know personally I had to put a timer on the lamp in my room so I would have light when I wake up because when I didn't I was hating getting out of bed when I took the bullet proof the night before and it was still dark....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
even at 7 hrs it seems to leave a lttle fog that disappears fast once im up and moving. well worth it as a side effect tho :l

have you played around more with the water amount & bulletproof? it seems to hit stronger and faster the less water you use

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I agree completely, I was trying to water it down because the grape flavor is pretty strong, but the past couple nights I was like F&&& it, just make it into a shot and kick it back fast. I was out like a light in about 20 minutes.