(Sponsored ) Smeton put's Universal's Intra-aid to the test

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. UniversalUSA.com
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I know Animal flex works well. Look at all the great stuff in it. Too pricey for me at the moment. I had to quit my job back in August due to my arm because people see me and think Oh he can do all the heavy lifting.and I just couldn't do it , I was coming home in severe pain thumping in my arm

anyways I have no money,this elbow has effected me career wise, sex wise, of course muscle wise and haven't had success finding a job with the economy like it is, and may not be able to find one for a while.
    Check your PMs brother...

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Universal Rep View Post
    Check your PMs brother...
    U is a great, great powerful being.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

Quote Originally Posted by B Con View Post
    U is a great, great powerful being.

x2 LOL! Viva La Universal!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

weight today 239. Ive been taking in 3 k per day and don't know why I got up to 239. I'll figure it out and I'm cutting. One day per week 3.5-4k(Sundays)

Seated alternate db curl 20 lbs- 20x's
    good news I warmed up with 5 lbs on left arm, 10 lbs, and did a few reps on 20 lbs with no pain.

reverse wrist curl 10 lbs-25 x's also did left hand on these. my left hand has a few loose things rollign around inside it, it pops and its like something was dislocated. hopefully its the cortisone shot and the layoff from working it.

Incline Nautilus calve press (Full Range Of Motion and I mean fullest possible) 2 plates and 25-10x's

started Intra-aid and mixed it with super cold water. Guys Bring ice cubes and let it sit or make sure you have a super cold machine(most water fountains aren't cold enough) it makes it taste wayyyy better. Sip on it and couldnt finish it because I would have threw it up if I drank it all at once, so sipped it though warmup sets to I think the Zane press.

Incline Nautilus Sumo Press 1 plate, 25, and 10= 20 x's

Incline nautilus zane press(Zane is feet close together at the bottom hitting the outer and lower quads especially)
    3P and 5 =10 x's
    2 plates and 10=20 x's

Massive tiredness in the head. Tomorrow I leave for a Family trip and will be back monday. thanks for your support Universal/Animal you guys are a great team and I couldn't recommend you enough.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.45%

Enjoy your trip to the Aquarium. It's quite nice. I used to take my wife's little sisters and they loved every inch of the place (I live a few hours away).
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

Thumbs up

Massive tiredness in the head. Tomorrow I leave for a Family trip and will be back monday. thanks for your support Universal/Animal you guys are a great team and I couldn't recommend you enough.

Very nice. You gave it what you had man. I agree the colder the better with the IA. Your doing a great job on the log here man.

Enjoy your weekend mate, rest up and recharge your mind and body! See you on the other side...

Hg
  7. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%

You lucky f*cker for getting this log...lol I was really wanting it too. It looks like a very-very solid product. Good luck I subb'n to the log now.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Have fun on the trip...

I agree with the ice cubes as well. Definitely makes the drink something I crave during workouts now.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

yeah i workout put two gym's for different exercise selection(one membership fee) didnt have my super cold water today(which the other gym has a ice cold machine) although it was good, not nearly as good.

I have good news I tried a few very light exercises and no pain. a few creaks here and there nothing major. Also did assisted pull ups with both hands, well see tonight and tomorrow how pain tolerance is.

Pec Dec Fly machine 555 lbs-15
    chest stretch on fly machine 25 lbs 1:00

Cutler cable raises(behind the baack cable raises)5 lbs 25 x's

one arm overhead tricep extensions 10 lbs-30 x's also did my injured arm like 10 reps or so

incline db row 60 -15 x's

db shrug 70-15x's

neck side to side -15lbs-15

pullup(both hands) 160-20 x's
    back hang(widegrip) 160 lbs 1:00

I am awaiting the day where I can at least go decent weight(for myself) and more reps. That's the next step.
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  10. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.36%

Rock on smeton!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

Good stuff man. Take back what is your bro!
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Sounds like a steady road back on track. Glad to hear it S!
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Sounds like a steady road back on track. Glad to hear it S!
    Thanks B.=)

cable top curls 15 lbs -25 x
    10 lbs on left arm 10 x's(well see how pain tolerance is tonight and the proceeding days)

Hammer Curls(elbow dressed semi-tightly) 15 lbs -25 x's

Leg press calves 90 lbs-15x's
    (Dante's Pre-contest style, I got this personally from the man=))

Leg curl 95lbs-25 x's

Smith close grip squats(just below parallel , pause, than return upward) 45 and 45=9 x's

I did the Intra-aid with about 15 oz of water it was compact and still satisfied my taste sense.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Anytime S. Do you find yourself slowly sipping or chugging the IA during the workout? Sometimes I look down and am shocked its no longer there
  15. UniversalUSA.com
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.93%

Anytime S. Do you find yourself slowly sipping or chugging the IA during the workout? Sometimes I look down and am shocked its no longer there
    On certain days, ya just gotta go with 50-60 oz... Dig?

Solid workout, SY...
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

depends. Today I sigged it(a combination) depends on how I think it is best utilized that day. anyone burp afterwards I always burpafterI drink it; although i seem to burp a lot from eating so much food and louder

Ive got good news Animal flex seems to be working or the cortisol shot or both...Today was the first day I used both hands on a couple exercises.

Incline Dumbbell press 35 lbs- 15 x's I felt some minor aches, nothing extreme that caused pain. I didn't get too intense since this is my first time trying my left side in months.

Life fitness shoulder press I warmuped up and coun't do the set. so this is just my right arm 10 lbs -30x's

Underhand cable push downs 20 lbs-18x's

did warmup on left and it told me no. so I did triceps kickbacks(loud popping sound,when i flex it back, it has gotten better in the last few sdays it seems, thinking its severe tricep tendinitis with 5 lbs than 10 lbs many reps

one arm cable row 45 lbs - 18 x's
    left 45 -10's next time will have to lower the weight with more reps

widegrip pullups (assisted) Both hands 160- 15 x's
    160 backhang 1:00

time will tell if I get a painful sore if so that was too much. if not time to go to work.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

I got great news regarding the situation Ive been in....

No pain today

Deadarm curls 15 lbs-15 x's

one arm cable curl 5 lbs-20 x's

Standing smith calve raises 25 lbs -13x's

Good mornings (very wide stance, toes pointed forward)15 lbs -20 x's

Smith Squats (wide grip stance) 45+25+25= 8 x's failed on nine couldn't get back up (these are just about ass to the floor, go to below parallel, pause a sec or two and return not no half squat stuff.

Inner Hip abductor 70lbs-25x's

Drank it and it gave me some nice energy to finish the workout. I was getting drain(I'm drained now) Life on a calorie restriction yeah) mixed Intra-aid with 20 oz of water worked well for me. Never tried the 50 ox might have to buy a gallon jug and try it good idea thoughout the workout!

Them Scivation guys put like 20 scoops in a gallon jug and drink on it half or all day
    Last edited by John Smeton; 10-20-2008 at 10:13 PM.
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.57%

No pain = near 100% or on 100%
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

I am very happy to hear no pain! Great work S!
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

yeah I'm excited. I'm not going to go too heavy or too hard just yet. its my first time doing this in five months. ease into it over the next month or couple of months. At least I'm able to lift. thanks for the support Univeral team and everyone else. It mean's a lot.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

That is great news SY! Glad to hear it.

yeah I'm excited. I'm not going to go too heavy or too hard just yet. its my first time doing this in five months. ease into it over the next month or couple of months. At least I'm able to lift. thanks for the support Univeral team and everyone else. It mean's a lot.
    Yes sir, slow and steady back into it my man. Train smarter not harder until it all comes back up.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Slow and steady is definitely the way to go here... don't wanna rush back into something. Trust me I know from tweaking my right knee... slowly easing into it again on heavy squats.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Low incline db press 30 lbs-20 x's
    Chest stretch 15 lbs-1:00

Homon 90 % db press 15 lbs-15

kickbacks 20 lbs 15 x's

one arm db rows 35 lbs- 15 x's

barbell rows (false grip ) 25 (on each side) 10 x

barbell shrugs 45 +45- 10 x's

pullup(middle grip) 160- assisted 10 x's
    back hang 160 lbs- 1:00

I think i overdid it today with either the db rows, the barbell rows or the shrug. My arm felt a little too much and back to the drawing board on these exercises, may have to cut them out. well see how sore elbow gets. On an up note no pain right now. Ice it good after workout.

Had the Intra-aid when I was running out of steam and it re-energized me. this product has my approval boys and girls and if you know me you know I test logs objectively. The taste is what sets it apart, along with the energy it gives you, when your steam is low.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

Take it easy on that arm/elbow issue man. No need getting set back again. Good on ya for testing the waters though. You got work done anyway. Had to feel good even if the arm didn't afterwards?

Hg
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Had the Intra-aid when I was running out of steam and it re-energized me. this product has my approval boys and girls and if you know me you know I test logs objectively. The taste is what sets it apart, along with the energy it gives you, when your steam is low.
    Very solid feedback. I hope your elbow gets better... heating pad, IB Profen, and ice FTW!
  26. Advanced Muscle Science Rep
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.74%

Low incline db press 30 lbs-20 x's
    Chest stretch 15 lbs-1:00

Homon 90 % db press 15 lbs-15

kickbacks 20 lbs 15 x's

one arm db rows 35 lbs- 15 x's

barbell rows (false grip ) 25 (on each side) 10 x

barbell shrugs 45 +45- 10 x's

pullup(middle grip) 160- assisted 10 x's
    back hang 160 lbs- 1:00

I think i overdid it today with either the db rows, the barbell rows or the shrug. My arm felt a little too much and back to the drawing board on these exercises, may have to cut them out. well see how sore elbow gets. On an up note no pain right now. Ice it good after workout.

I think your doing the right thing with these lower weights,but maybe you should take some time off buddy. I know the problem I had with my forearms we talked about a while back did'nt go away till I did just that. Good luck man I'll be following along.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNJESSICA20 View Post
    I think your doing the right thing with these lower weights,but maybe you should take some time off buddy. I know the problem I had with my forearms we talked about a while back did'nt go away till I did just that. Good luck man I'll be following along.
    I might do that and just do calves,thanks. Time will tell.

Alternate Db curls 10 lbs -20 x's strong squeeze at the top

Reverse wrist curls on knee 5 lbs-30 x's

Incline Nautilus calves 2 plates(F.R.O.M. pre contest ) 12 x's
    then I put on some extra weight just because I'm not training all out and did some Dc normal -10-15 stretch with 2 plates and 25. Then, did reverse calve raises a few sets(trib muscle-outer muscle)

Did the Intra-aid with 25 oz of very cold water..drank some then added more water. Yes it doesn't taste as gritty with added water. Like it more like this.

Life fitness leg curl machine #8 - 20 x's

Life fitness leg extension #8-30 x's
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

Most of us are the same way sm, we find that a little extra water makes it taste even better.

Hg
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

I'm taking super care of my elbow. I mean the best ever!yeah did the same thing with the intra-aid alot fo water. good as usual, when we as humans become accustomed to what we have we forget how lucky we are. ive been used to intra-aid and I'm grateful for this opportunity. I changed my training due to I'm really just very slowly getting back into lifting upper body at very light weights.I'd also like to say bcaa's are useful for muscle wasting on patients that have this and I feel this has greatly helped spar a few lbs. also hmb has been proven to be useful for muscle wasting(all hmb though is pre-cursor to meaning it converts [just like a prohormone] to leucine so i think Lucine would do the same thing, regardless hmb has been proven by Layne Norton)

chest Db floor press 30 lbs- many reps(could have gone a lot higher but didn't want to risk what happened last week. work smarter not harder) 3-4 sets warmup

life fitness side lateral machine 40 lbs- a lot of reps 15-20
    3 sets warm up

tricep kickbacks 20 lbs- 20 x's, 25 lbs, 10 x's
    elbow was popping pretty bad, no pain though. Tricep tendinitis , me thinks.

then worked my outer calves(trib something)

heres a tip put a dumb bell(or if you have ankle weights put them on) between your feet , get on a bench(your bed will work) hang your feet off and go up and down, works the hell out of your outer calves.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Biceps, forearms, back, abs, traps

went to another elbow specialist. I am hyperextensive (tendons & ligaments like loose rubber bands) esp in my upper body he says. (i was born like this) basically he said don't lock out because this causes major stress on a double jointed person and if it stays the same or gets worst he'll recommend his friend which specifically will do surgery to cut the inflammation out. time will tell he also said I'm doing the right thing by lifting lightly and accessing pain tolerance in relation to the weight utilized.

Mixed the Intra-aid with 25 oz and am going to have to start doing it with 30-50 oz. makes last longer and taste better. Intra-aid is some strong tasting stuff.

bicep curls 20 lbs- many reps
    slayermetal7 curls 25 lbs-20 at 5:00 in.
    YouTube - DC Training Back, Biceps, Forearms
    wide grip cable row 85-15
    pull downs 85- 15 x;s
    back hang 160 lbs assisted 1:00
    worked on lower abs
    shrugs on smith machine on a squat position. I put the bar on my traps since I don't think its a good idea to grip anything and just shrugs got up to 2 plates on each side for ten, nice and slow squeeze at the top so I felt every muscle in my traps filling with blood
  31. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.36%

shrugs on smith machine on a squat position. I put the bar on my traps since I don't think its a good idea to grip anything and just shrugs got up to 2 plates on each side for ten, nice and slow squeeze at the top so I felt every muscle in my traps filling with blood
    Have you tried using a standing calve machine to do shrugs?

Also, you may think about overhead shrugs with a dumbbell or barbell.
  32. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.36%

And the video is no longer available?

What was it of?

We're sorry, this video is no longer available.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Have you tried using a standing calve machine to do shrugs?

Also, you may think about overhead shrugs with a dumbbell or barbell.
    the gym I'm at now doesn't have one. I've thought about switching gyms.

I'm kind of hesitate of holding those atm. may try it and see.
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    And the video is no longer available?

What was it of?

We're sorry, this video is no longer available.
    sit at a cable row machine with a rope attached, lay back and hammer curl.
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Thanks for that video S. I am going to try those lying rope curls.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.04%

yeah there good for adding a new exercise in to forearms when the other exercise stagnates.
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

I was thinking, the only place at my gym to do them in on the seated cable row. That will get me some looks LOL!

I may be able to use the low cable pull attachment on my boys Weider bench? Gonna have to try these.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    I was thinking, the only place at my gym to do them in on the seated cable row. That will get me some looks LOL!

I may be able to use the low cable pull attachment on my boys Weider bench? Gonna have to try these.
    I was gonna drag a bench over to the cable crossovers...
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.81%

I was gonna drag a bench over to the cable crossovers...

Ah! Didn't think of that!
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Hoomgar View Post
    Ah! Didn't think of that!
    You're not the only mad scientist!

Similar Forum Threads