Status
Not open for further replies.
Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This will be a 30 day run of TNT Stack? (Testosterone Complex) By: NutraPlanet .

For full writeup, check out individual products/TNT page.

Expected Benefits:
Resveratrol has many remarkable properties. Personally I feel that its anti-aromatase properties are rather mild, however is should provide many other benefits as described above. The divanil will free up my testosterone, which when last checked was at the very top end of normal for my age. It may be downregulated, however I will try and get my free testosterone levels checked 3 weeks in if possible. I expect increased aggression, muscle growth and hair growth. Fadogia will help to keep my T levels as high as naturally possible.

Vital Stats:
Age 19
Weight: 165
Height: 6’0
Bodyfat: 11% (Tanita)

Training Experience:
Former Soccer/Runner in early high-school. Rugby in last 2 years. Past 2 university years it has been weight training & elliptical (less running due to sore knees). Lifting experience : 7 years, 3 serious.

Current Workout: Advanced GVT.
I have been doing regular German Volume Training (GVT) for the past 7 weeks, and have been very impressed with the gains. In order to keep switching it up, I will be starting on some advanced GVT on Day 5. Cardio will be decreased, with possibly some 15 minutes HIIT sprints, and the occasional fasted cardio to keep the fat gain minimal, but with my busy life style this will only hinder my gains I feel.

Dosing Protocol:
Trans-Resveratrol 200mg, 6x Daily Sublingual.
(I Will try to split throughout the day, 1st 200mg will be followed by 2nd 200mg 2 hours later.)
Divanex – 4x Daily, with meals
T-Force- 4x Daily, with meals.

Other Staple Supplements:
900mg Green Tea Extract/day
200mg Grape Seed Extract/day
4 x 1/4tsp Sesamin Oil
4g NutraPlanet CLA
10g FishOil
1100mg YG or 1 AP w/ High Carb Meals
Primaforce ZMA & 1-Carboxy, 1.6g Pre-Bed
1g Calcium + 1g Vit D, Odourless Garlic, CoQ10, 3g Vitamin C
NOW Adam
AppNut Neovar 2.0 (2 caps, 3x day for Piperine & Creatine), IGF-2 2caps pre-bed
Reset AD 2x/day
NOW Rhodiola 500mg 2x/day, NOW Nettle Root 250mg, 2x /day
Bulk Creatine Mono, Beta Alanine, BCAA’s, Various Protein Powders
JP8 towards the end once adrenals rested

Quick Intro:
I am just returning to my 3rd year Life Sciences in University. Had a week of in August after some dental surgery which provided my body some well deserved rest (I grew quite a bit that week), but also gained some fat going from my usual 7.5%  11% . Things will be very hectic for me, higher stress and possibly poorer sleep. I’m taking ZMA , 1-C and IGF-2 to help with this. I was off stims for most of the summer, fell in love with JP8 near the end, and am resting my adrenals with Reset-AD but may use JP8 since i have 2 more tubs of it and it is unbelievable. Also I started some Divanex before my surgery, but stopped while recovering. I started it up 2 weeks before, so add 14 days of Divanil at 4x/day to my log.

I eat clean, and don’t drink. I go out but you can have a good time without booze. I’ve posted pictures of my food before , but my typical diet is ½ lb oatbran, an omelette, chicken, fish and beef with tons of veggies&salad throughout the day. I’ll post up some pictures to tantalize you guys.

Comments and any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Let me know what to expect, tell me your favourite stories, and watch me gain more than old Hank Vangut! I don't have internet until Sunday at my apptment, so bear with me for infrequent updates.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sun Sept 7
DAY 1: Cardio

Workout: 50 Minutes Elliptical

Comments: My gym doesn’t open until 9 on the weekend, so I had some whey before my cardio while I waited for it to open. Trans-Resveratrol is a chalky tasting powder that doesn’t seem to absorb well sublingually, although to be fair I’ve never tried anything else lol. I’ll keep with this method, and some Neovar 2.0 for the bit that I do swallow. Anybody have some tips for sublingual?

DAY 2: Chest/Back

Workout:
1a) Pullups: 10,8,7,6,6 Pulldown : 130x 10,10,10,9,9 (Light)
1b) Decl. Bench 135x10,10,9,9,8,8,8,7,7,7
2a) Fly 4x8
2b) Low Row 4x10
Comments:
Not a bad workout, set the pulldown a bit light because I hadn’t been back at my university gym i.e. dungeon in a while. I really miss JP8 for energy and endurance, I think I’ll give it a go in a week or so. Any Reset-AD users got opinions on using a pre-WO drink 1-2x/week while on RAD?
As for body recomp, I felt a bit full in the morning so I think I ate too much last night. It’s the damn Choc. PB UP 2.0, I just go for the scooper and eat the powder. I’m going to have to hide it like the pistachios I occasionally attack (Salt cravings perhaps? I have a weakness for them)

Last night was the 1st tike I’ve taken 1-Carboxy in a long while (ran out), and true enough I woke up 50 minutes earlier today refreshed and about to hit the gym. :thumbsup:

Sublingual dosing notes: After 4 days and a few powdery mishaps, I think I'm going to stick with it. It takes 10+ minutes for it to disappear at all under my tongue, and even then it's not that easy or pretty. I'll still with it since it tastes pretty bland, but it is very inconvenient!

S

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
So you are spliting up the t-rez dose and placing it into solution or just straight under the tongue. I thought that buccal was between the check and gum.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you are spliting up the t-rez dose and placing it into solution or just straight under the tongue. I thought that buccal was between the check and gum.
Buccal is below the tongue. I'm taking half the cap right under the tongue, then taking the 2nd half 2 hours later. It takes a good while for it to disappear, I'd have to say about 10 minutes and you don't want to open your mouth otherwise you will see some odd white goop!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3- Legs

Workout:
Front Squat: 5x8
Lunges: 4x6
Front Squat: 4x8
Calf Presses 4x12
Leg Press 4x10

Comments:
Deviated away from the GVT because I wanted to do a little less work on the leg press and a bit more functional work.

Energy and aggression in the gym have been slightly above average without any stim use, which is definitely a positive although it has been like this for the past few weeks.

Day 5- Cardio
45 Minutes Fasted Cardio

Comments:
2 Neovar made me VERY hypo after my WO. I took my Trez instead of AP, and yet I was still very lightheaded so the Neovar has some very potent glucose disposal in my opinion. Noticed I've been unable to feel "full" on chicken, I need beef now for some reason. I will eat a regular meal with a lean protein, then go and eat some frozen ground beef just to feel full. Still knocking down tons of UP 2.0 Choc PB, that stuff is goood!

Tomorrow I'll do some JP8 + Deadlifts right in the morning, then HIIT, should be a crazy workout after being on RAD for a while.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6: Deads & Dips
Workout
Deadlifts: 5,7,6,7,6,2 (Exhausted)
2a)Dips: 12,10,10,10,8,8,7,7
2b) Trap Shrugs: 7x12

HIIT Sprints: 30s on/60s off, 10 sets.

Comments:
I took the JP8 + 20g WPI + 15 WMS and the nausea from JP8 was pretty instant, but it disappeared after a few minutes, I guess once I washed it out with water. Energy wasn't as insane as I've had from JP8 in the past, I think it might have needed more than 15 minutes to kick in. The HIIT sprints were brutal since i haven't done them in a while, I was huffing and puffing for a good while afterwards.

An odd side-effect I've noticed is no morning wood these past 2 days. I'm still taking my 1 tbsp coconut oil which without fail gives me rock-hard, not quite sure what might be causing this (perhaps just the stress from getting back into university). Libido was pretty crazy before, it's dipping a little now too. Perhaps it's some outside factor I can't put a finger on. I'll keep you updated!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed! All the best, bud!

V

vikinginc

Awards
  • Established
Ugh; I'm so damn mad I missed this NP special ! .. will it ever be in stock again?

Anyway, I'll be following ! Definitely wanting to see how this one's gonna go ! Bexst of luck !

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fri Sept. 12

DAY 7- Sprints

Workout:
12 Sprints, 30s on/60s off

Comments:
Sprints were a bit sluggish because I didn't have too many carbs before my workout. Adding an extra 2 to make up for any intensity that was lacking in my usual 10 sprints. Morning wood is back, must have just been the stress.

Still quite aggressive, always cursing inside my head now and the libido department is rocking. Actually kind of distracting in lectures lol.

As for the resveratrol effects, other than looking 10 years younger, not much to comment about yet. However the benefits are not something that are noticed immediately, so I am not expecting any instant gratification. I will evaluate my progress over the 30 days as a whole and hopefully this will allow be to discover any changes/effects.

Also the TNT deal was amazing, and the Trez was a steal. The next TNT stack will still be potent, although not quite as great as the 1st run. I guess we will call it Inner Circle ;)

Also I've been perfecting my sublingual dosing and it has got much better, however cracking a cap open in lecture is a bit awkward. Nonetheless it must be done, for science's sake!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...Also I've been perfecting my sublingual dosing and it has got much better, however cracking a cap open in lecture is a bit awkward. Nonetheless it must be done, for science's sake!

More grease to your elbows!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 8: Chest & Back
Workout
1a) Incl. DB Press: 10,10,10,9,8,8,7,7,7,7
1b) Chinups 5x Exhaustion Pullups 5x Exhaustion
2a) Low Rows 3x12
2b) Dips 3x Exhaustion

Cardio: 10 mins light jog

Comments:
Didn't have enough energy in the tank to do sprints after my workout. I ran to the farmer's market downtown before to pick up some bison steaks and local produce, I think that's what did me in. Felt rather exhausted after the gym today, I really pushed myself hard on the chins & pullups (Did machine pulldowns to pure xhaustion after every set). Not too motivated in the gym, and still taking no stims. Did JP8 once, but will give the Reset-AD a bit more time.

I've noticed an increase in sleep; up to about 9 hours. I think my quality of sleep may be low due to the noise from the road, just a hypothesis.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i found this......

The problem with sub-lingual delivery is that resveratrol is only soluble in oil (moderately) and solvents such as ethanol. You need to combine the resveratrol with a carrier such as an edible oil/emulsifier combination or a solvent such as DMSO or alcohol to obtain a significant degree of adsorption. Furthermore the problem with a solvent or oil is compounded by the fact that the quantity of the carrier needed to dissolve a meaningful amount of resveratrol would not be practical to use in a sub-lingual delivery modality.

For now the best option is taking resveratrol after consuming an oily food heps with bio availability. This is not because the resveratrol is dissolved in the oil but because the oil stimulates bile production in your your liver and delivery of this emulsifier to your stomach by the gall bladder. Taking resveratrol in the morning after breakfast may also help since bile levels are highest upon waking and tend to diminish towards evening.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sun Sept 14

Legs
Workout:
Squats ; 5x~8
StiffLeg DL: 4x6 (Haven't done in a while)
Walking Lunges DB: 3x7 (Never done before, usually reg. lunges)
Calf Presses (45s under high tension)
Supine Ab Plate Crunch (Plate is hands, touch to leg (1st time trying)
Swiss Ball Crunches
Supine Bench Leg Raises (4x12)
Front Squats : Not enough energy

Comments:
I tried a few new moves today to see if they would get me sore. The SLDL hit me pretty hard, the walking lunges I think the DB's were too heavy and so I didn't exhaust those muscles properly. The next day while doing sprints I was pretty dead in the legs, so it may have been a tougher workout then I realized.

The gym was killer hot and so I was sweating quite a fair bit, even before my cardio which shows that I did put a fair bit of effort in. The new ab exercise definitely make me feel it the next day. When trying to explain the workout/exercise, it made me think about how AM should have a exercise encyclopedia that we could add exercises to. Anybody like the idea?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mon Sept 15

HIIT Cardio
11 Sets of 30s Sprint/60s Rest

Comments:
Today was pretty hard to find the energy. My problem was I had a salmon wrap for breakfast, so I tried doing HIIT 90 minutes later with only 25g of complex carbs digesting... not enough energy. Plus I had sore legs from yesterday. Put in an extra sprint to make up for it. I noticed I was absolutely STARVING today. I packed some meatloaf, lasagna and a shake PWO, but I was feeling so hungry I had to run back to my appartment between 2 classes to get some more food (I suppose I could have bought something on campus, but that's junky!)

Also I haven't managed to get any pure ethanol, my chemistry dept. is leery of selling/giving me any go figure lol. I think I will still try sublingual despite the poor absorption hank mentioned. I will give it a few swirls in salivia after a few minutes, then just wash whatever is down w/ water. Hopefully it's better than straight up oral for all this effort!

S

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
I tried to split the dose like you have been doing and it was a huge pain.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will be running this stack early in the new year after my first Prime run, I will use it to bridge between Prime runs actually. I was thinking 9 weeks Prime break then 30 days TNT break 9 weeks Prime 30 days TNT. I will run TNT with Neovar.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tues Sept 16

Back/Shoulders

Workout:
Deadlifts: 6,7,6 2 (Not much energy/tired)
BB Trap Shurgs: 4x12
BB Shoulder Lifts: 3x10
Dips: 4x Exhaustion Supersetted w/ Shoulder Press 4x10 + Drop Sets

Comments:
Today was just an "off day". Didn't have enough energy to get through my deadlifts, my banana + yogurt + wpc shake didn't kick in enough, perhaps I needed more banana! The hamstrings are still sore from the SLDL, which I think negatively impacted my deads, and also made my sprints quite difficult. Also I think I may be getting sick or overtrained, because I can feel it in my body. I will probably take tomorrow off, no sprints. I'll run to go get groceries, but that's not as taxing on the CNS.

Resveratrol dosing is getting tedious to say the least. I've been perfect until now though, I byaccidentally swallowed the TRez with all my others pills I took in a baggie for PWO. I had some excellent sleep last night after a terrible Sunday night (Had a course decision on my mind and lost 1.5hrs easy).

I'll check the scale tomorrow, but I'm eat slightly above maintenance because I can see body comp fluctuations between my high carb WO days and low-carb days. I'm pseudo carb-cycling because I'll eat ~70g carbs before and after my workouts on my weight days which I won't do on my sprints days. I'm on a 5 day cycle though, so 3/5 of mod. high carbs isn't like the usual scheme. Libido and aggression are feeling about normal, no crazy stories/events to note. Still trying to assess Resveratrol's effects, but this will take time.

Dreamweaver By the New Year we should have a few nice natty additions you can do with the TNT stack if all goes according to plan. :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Dreamweaver By the New Year we should have a few nice natty additions you can do with the TNT stack if all goes according to plan. :)

Do tell...:hammer:

Are you taking your preworkout shake to close to your workout maybe... I know deads are hard with too much in your stomach... has a tendancy to make you feel tired. That's why I don't usuall do a pre - workout shake, I will eat a piece of fruit maybe but like my stomach to be nice and empty... Just a thought.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do tell...:hammer:

Are you taking your preworkout shake to close to your workout maybe... I know deads are hard with too much in your stomach... has a tendancy to make you feel tired. That's why I don't usuall do a pre - workout shake, I will eat a piece of fruit maybe but like my stomach to be nice and empty... Just a thought.
Well last week I had 12.5g WMS, 20g WPI, and 1.5 Scoops JP8 (So 12g carbs) and the lifts went much better. It's on morning when I need to workout before class that I do a shake beforehand.

Clearly WMS/WPI digests much quicker and I realize now I need something like that in the future, but I did a banana/yogurt/wpc shake because it tastes so good:aargh: I wanted a little treat lol. And yea my stomach was definitely too full, with icecubs included it's close to 1.3 L

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well last week I had 12.5g WMS, 20g WPI, and 1.5 Scoops JP8 (So 12g carbs) and the lifts went much better. It's on morning when I need to workout before class that I do a shake beforehand.

Clearly WMS/WPI digests much quicker and I realize now I need something like that in the future, but I did a banana/yogurt/wpc shake because it tastes so good:aargh: I wanted a little treat lol. And yea my stomach was definitely too full, with icecubs included it's close to 1.3 L
ahhhh well that's it then, deads are bad on a partially full stomach as are all the big lifts really...

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Rock on buddy. Again, like Hanks, don't want to read your observations quite yet. I'll be back though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks good... what are there 6 eggs in that omelette...

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks good... what are there 6 eggs in that omelette...
3 Whole Eggs, 1 cup (Roughly) Egg Whites, and 1/2c. Milk. I usually sautee the mushrooms, onions, peppers, zucchini and broccoli first. During the summer I was eating that for one meal, but now I split it into two to save time on cooking, and add extra cals through some pre-cooked ground beef, cheese etc.

OFF DAY/Cardio

Well I felt that I was over training, so I didn't do my usual HIIT sprints. I did however run 20 minutes across town to buy some cheaper groceries and back, plus a fair bit of running around on campus so it was a fair bit of cardio still.

I've leaned out a little bit from what I can see. Should be about 10% again.I think I'm going to up the cals a bit more, make full use of that extra testosterone. I can cut later, 10% if skinny enough. I don't eat junk anyways, and I find I don't put on fat as long as I don't eat too much before bed.

Also I seem to have a problem, I'm buying salad & ingredients faster than I can eat them. As you can see, I've upped the size of my bowl! There's some chicken tenders, no fat with this meal because I demolished my pistachio supply 30 minutes beforehand:fool2:

[/IMG]

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thurs Sept 18

Chest/Back
Workout:
DB Flat Bench
Chin ups & Pulls Ups + Pulldown afterward to exhaustion
Decl. BB Bench
DB Rows

Comments:
Not a bad workout. I downed 20g WPI, 20g WMS & 1.5 scoops JP8 and was expecting to be floored, but really only had an average workout (See below). I haven't had that much muscle growth in the past 2 weeks, but today I realized this was due to my increased caloric expenditure. During the summer I was eating this much and growing quite well, but I wasn't nearly as active b/c no school. This all clicken in when I after running back from physio volunteering when I was trying to fall asleep but was too damn hungry. Probably pounded down 500 cals before bed, which I really should be spreading out through the day.

So now my goal is up to up my calories by 600/day, eat more ground flaxseeds, almonds, broke open another 3lb bag of pistachios. I need to follow the adage, eat big!

Reset-AD Mini-Review

After close to 3 weeks on Reset-AD, I'm stopping. I was hoping to get really buzzed from JP8, but I honestly can't tell a difference between taking JP8 before my RAD run and after.

The reason for my lack of responsiveness to RAD is probably because my adrenals weren't as burned out as I thought. I finished school in late April, went on two 1-week vacations during the summer, and had a relatively relaxing May-August. I stayed off stims most of the time except for a tub of JP8 in late July/August. I have heard rave reviews from reliable friends, so I believe this product isn't designed for a person in my situation.

The benefits I was looking for from the write-up were " * Re-energize the effects & sensitivity towards stimulants
* Eliminates fatigue & stress caused by poor adrenal function
* Provides support for improved adrenal system function without removal from one's daily stressful environment.
* Works effectively with PreWorkout and Energy Supplements.

Resensitize your body to stimulants by taking control of your of adrenal health with Reset-A.D. and eliminate the root cause of your fatigue.

Recharge your stimulants with Reset-A.D. and put the explosiveness back into your workouts. "

In conclusion, unfortunately Reset-AD has not lived up to its' claims in my particular case. I would not purchase this product again, but considering its very reasonable price tag and results others have experienced, I would still recommend it to a friend that is suffering from symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Perhaps Anabloc Edge is PAL's product for me.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fri Sept 19

Legs/Core

Workout:
Squats (Deep): 3x6 + 2x10
Lying Plate Crunches 35lb; 4x10
Lunges; 4x5 (Tired from squats)
Calf Presses; 4x30s
DB Obliques; 4x10
Machine Horizontal Squat; 3x12

Comments:
Seems like a short workout, but was exhausting. Started off on the wrong foot because I missed my cell-phone alarm, damn thing was on snooze. So I didn't take my JP8-WPI-WMS mix I made the night before b/c the JP8 wouldn't kick in quick enough, so just did WPI & WMS. Didn't do stiff-leg deads so I can do some HIIT sprints and deadlifts tomorrow. I'm focusing hard on my core since I've slacked on it for a while.

An interesting side I hadn't realized is an increase in scalp sensitivity. I remember complaining about it about 2 weeks after starting divanil post-surgery and thought it was just my genetics (my dad has severe dandruff) , but Hank noticed it too. That was before I started the resveratrol, so I believe the Divanil is responsible for that.

Incase you missed it in my last post, I'm upping my cals by ~600-700/day. I've got all this testosterone free, I don't want to waste it. I've just picked up 5 lbs of cashews, pistachios and almonds :D And eggs are back on sale for $1.69/dozen, so I'm aiming for hypertrophy with minimal fat gain using my HIIT, Green Tea, CLA & Sesamin.

Here's today's lunch: My home-made Extra Lean Sirloin Angus Beef Burger on Sprouted WW Bread.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
So will TNT be available again and will it be the same TNT?

ETA??????????????????????/

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sat Sept 20

Deadlifts!
WOrkout:
Deads 245x 10,10,10,9,8,8,7.5,8.5,8.5,7 (9 total)
Leg Raises 4x10
HIIT Sprints, 11 sets

Comments:
Usually I do deads + shoulders tomorrow but I find it too tiring, so I decided to move my deadlifts up a day on their own. Absolutely killed my back, went back to GVT style vs. going a bit heavier for 5x5. The HIIT sprints really well, added in an extra set.

My hunger is big, but I'm pounding down tons of food. Upped to omelet to 4 eggs 1c. Egg whites + 1/2c. Milk each, and added an extra meal in. Going to bulk up , and I'm hoping to get 70% muscle to 30% fat atleast.

Technical Question: for those in the know about divanil; I know it's supposed to be cycled after 8 weeks. Does anybody know how the body regulates this; I believe it decreases total testosterone to adjust, but does it increase SHBG too?

Last edited:
Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sun Sept 21

Shoulders/Bi's

WOrkout:
DB Shoulder Presses 5x10
DB Obliques: 4x12
Preacher Curls; 5x5 + Hold to Exhaustion
Cleans ; 2 Sets, Traps sore from Deads yesterday
Tricep Pushdowns
Military Press; 4x12
Dips; 3xExhaustion
Body Weight Tricep Press (b/w benches)

HIIT: 10 Sprints
Comments:
Traps/Rhomboids were pretty sore for dead's yesterday in addition to lower back. Hams were fine. Everything went quite well in the gym today with no stims or anything. Had some great chili as a PWO meal; I had a solid pre-WO meal and BCAA's, so I didn't feel like I needed a carb boost.

Today I could see myself definitely leaner than yesterday despite upping my cals. My metabolism was fiery hot after those deads and sprints. On Monday, I felt a bit puffier from all the cals today so I know I'm over my requirements today, not quite as revved up as yesterday.

The hair/scalp itchiness is less noticeable, although still definitely sensitized (Gave it a scratch to check :lol: ) .

Monday : OFF DAY

No HIIT, No nothing. Barely ran around to class at all. Also I've kept my carbs ultra-low to give a shock to my body. Probably only about 30g over the whole day, and those are all from veggies (Green Beans, Peppers, Lettuce).
And my bison steak was overdone, bad evening lol. On the plus side, I got loaded up with some salt-free pistachios and cashews. The pistachios taste like arse though, they're a bit stale despite being bought yesterday!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tues Sept. 23

Chest&Back
Workout:
1a) DB Incl 10,10,7,7
1b) Pullups; 4x to Failure
2a) DB Decl; 4x8
2b) BB Rows; 4x12
3a) Dips 3x Failure
3b) Pullovers 3x12
4a) Pec Fly's 2x12
4b) Low Rows 2x12

HIIT: 10 Sprints

Comments:
Didn't finish strong because a gym working at the gym started talking about his weight training program for seniors and after almost 10 minutes I just didn't feel like getting back into the flow of things.

Not too much aggression to note, and my scalp isn't bothering my although the skin is still slightly oily (Washing my face when I wake up + showering PWO takes care of it, no acne to note).
Muscle density was very high last night after only having 30g of carbs; had some great striations in my chest without having worked out all day! This morning I took 35g WMS, 20g WPI, Swell, and 1.5 scoops JP8 for about 45g of carbs and I managed to have enough energy to do my weights & HIIT. I was worried about my glycogen stores but that seemed to be plenty.

Hunger is definitely up, even with me adding about 500 cals/day. I stopped doing as much HIIT, but getting back into it, I can see some more definition in my abs. Also increasing the ab work is hitting it from a 2nd angle. I really need to do some research and find some new ab moves to tear them up. I do swiss ball brunches, leg raises, cable pulldowns. I also started with a 35lb plate, lying on the floor with the plate in my hands, and meeting my legs above my body.

Side note: I have gone through 2lbs of UP 2.0 Chocolate Peanutbutter in exactly 20 days, while making only 1 shake. The rest was consumer straight powder :fool2:

Here's 2nd dinner. My angus burger on WW Sprouted Break + Frozen Veggies (Busy night).

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Hunger is definitely up, even with me adding about 500 cals/day. I stopped doing as much HIIT, but getting back into it, I can see some more definition in my abs. Also increasing the ab work is hitting it from a 2nd angle. I really need to do some research and find some new ab moves to tear them up. I do swiss ball brunches, leg raises, cable pulldowns. I also started with a 35lb plate, lying on the floor with the plate in my hands, and meeting my legs above my body.
You know what worked really well for me was doing slow, controlled sit ups on a decline bench with a dumbbell across my chest. I used to do them real heavy straight down the middle, and with a twisting motion (elbow to opposite knees) and they are killer.

Meal looks good!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wed. Sept 24

Legs
Workout:
1a) Squat; 6,7,8,8,4
1b) Ab Work 35lb Plate
2a) Standing Free-Weight Leg Extension; 4x10
2b) Pulley Crunches; 4x8
2c) Standing Calf Raises; 3x15
3) Machine Front Squats; 3x11

Comments:
Weighed in at 170 this morning :D Granted that was after PSlin, 150g Oatbran, 1/2c. Raspberries and probably ~1L of water for breakfast, but definitely still up. Abs are still coming back slowly, so I've managed a bit of a recomp this past week using HIIT.

I was able to really dig deep on the squats. The weight seems light, but I know it's a tough workout because it gets me sweating after just 3 sets. I get my thighs parallel and leave my ego at the door with the weights. Noticed some good development in my quads doing this; now some of my old pants are too tight! The upped calories are definitely helping.

One thing I keep doing that I need to fix is not eating a big enough dinner after volunteering on Tues/Thurs nights. I run (8 mins there and back) to a physio rehab clinic, but when I come back I'm usually hot and somehow this kills my apetite. I had that burger last night, but then 3 hours later, I have my usual pre-bed meal of Cottage Cheese, some veggies and coconut oil, I lie down and BAM my stomach feels f'in empty. Then I got an keep eating for like 15 minutes and still nippy.

Energy is quite good. I woke up at 6:30 to get in a nice oatbran breakfast , have 1hr, then hit the gym and still make it to class from 9:30. I'm pumped for 10x10 of Deadlifts + HIIT tomorrow. My metabolism is insane for the rest of the day, and I can see a difference in my stomach the next day.

I'll take some progress pics this weekend for you guys, it will be the 4 week mark. Oh and I've got bloodwork #'s for testosterone for you guys. I figured I'd get my yearly check up done now :woohoo:

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
hey man dininivl lowers total test because it increases free test think of it as a sesaw, but not so propotinal

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thurs Sept 25

Deadlifts
Workout:
Deadlifts: 10,10,10,10,9,9,10,8,8,8 (Losing Grip)
HIIT 9 Sprints

Comments:
Didn't get the full 10 sprints in b/c I got thrown off by helping this gorgeous blond try and adjust the seat of the bike RIGHT in front of my elliptical machine... Even if our gym had a TV or windows, I wouldn't be looking there! :icon_lol:

Today's summary: Insane Hunger. I usually make 2 of everything, so I don't have to cook twice. Today I've eaten the 2nd serving each time! Double chicken parmesan, I ate a monster omelet, basically anything and everything in sight. I even ate the banana I was saving for a strawberry-banana shake.

Weight was 168.5 in a slightly dehydrated state juding by my urine, so I'd say I'm about 169, which is up 4 lbs in under 4 weeks. Energy has generally been good, but I absolutely crashed this evening at 7pm. I ran back from my volunteer shift, then had some stew + AP, I think I went hypo because I was lying down on my bed for a while. Not enough carbs + revved metabolism = bad. Anyways I downed a few WW Biscotti and I was good to go. Will do photos on Saturday like I mentioned yesterday, and will try and post up a final review this weekend. My med school app is due Wednesday though, so it might be pushed back until Oct 1st evening.

1 of 2 Chicken Parmeggiana's.

Omelet (2nd Dinner, 9:30 PM) 70 CC Scooper for reference.

And if I don't get to bed soon you'll see the lasagna I was planning on eating for breakfast tomorrow consumed tonight lol.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
That is a diesel omelet. What'd you put in it?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
FINAL REVIEW of TNT

Ok after my workout today through some fluke I screwed up some bones in my right foot, and it's swollen up on me. Also this weekend is Queen's Homecoming, it's insane. It made Playboy's top 10 parties a while back. Road closed, 2 floor funnels, flipped cars, provincial police, you name it , it happens!

Back to my foot, it's not painful so I think 2 days off it should be all it takes, but I can palpitate the smaller bones that shouldn't be moving, so I'm going to stay off it. Therefore I took pics, these are 26 days in I believe. I'll post up a final review, but the pictures and weight say it all. 5 lbs (Weighed in again at 169.5 today pretty empty stomach).

Overall Progress:
Weight: 164.5 --> 169.5 +5 lbs
Bodyfat: Before = 11% (Tanita) After = Slightly Less (Visually& Personal Assesment)
Training Method: German Volume Training (10x10) with HIIT 3-4x/week.
For diet and other supps, see intro.

T-Rez
The benefits of trans-resveratrol are well established through clinical studies. It shows remarkable promise in cancer prevention and life extension, both long term effects that I wasn't able to evaluate in this log. It also have athletic benefits including increased endurance, which I was not able to comment upon because my cardio consisted of 15 minute HIIT sprints. These went considerably better when stimulated using a pre-WO formula like JP8, due to increased focus, determination and energy.

The main problem with resveratrol is its oral bioavailability. Even with the inclusion of absorption enhancers, the delivery method of choice is sublingual which has been proven to me much more effective. I attempted to dose 200mg sublingually, 4x day by splitting a cap and putting half the contents under my tongue. This would have been easier if I had 8mL of pure ethanol/400mg to help dissolve it in, but I made do with what I had. I still have a large supply of Trez left, and will continue this administration and will update my review if I notice any new effects.

Nettle
This is the heart of the stack in my opinion. My testosterone levels at 19 are naturally very high, so T-boosters can only elevate it so much before natural feedback kicks in. However freeing up SHBG leaves me with lots of Free Testosterone to use for building muscle. I noticed no gains for a week when returning for school, but this was because I didn't increase my calories to match the activity boost. Once I corrected this, the weight gain resumed. In all honesty, if I had upped it right away I feel I could have gained 7lbs in this 4-week time frame.

Side effects included an increased sensitivity in my scalp, although no shedding occured. I have hair like a carpet though, so it might have been a good thing! Originally I felt there might have been a bit of a libido boost, but putting everything in perspective I don't feel there was one. I mainly noticed increased aggression; I would slap myself a few times and then rip out 10 incredible sets from nowhere. This was very useful in combating fatigue at the end of some sets.

T-Force
The primary ingredients has studies showing an increase in testosterone levels, but there have also been studies with different conclusions. Overall I feel my testosterone rose; whether it was from the T-Force of simply an increase in free T due to divanil I can't stay. I do believe it imparted some benefit, and also the ZMA complex is very useful in providing the necessary building blocks for proper hormone synthesis.

Value:10/10
Normally I don't give 10's, but the initial run had 120 ct. T-Rez which made this a steal. The 60ct. with added Bioperine is a 9.5 . 2/3 components cost $60, so the 3rd is basically free.

Taste: N/A
The capsules are all reasonably small and easy to swallow.

Results: 10/10
Very impressed by 5 lbs in 26 days.

Overall Value:10/10
I hate giving so many 10's, but this stack has truly impressed me. I've run X-Factor which costs more and failed to respond. I do attribute a part of these incredible results to Coach Poliquin's German Volume Training, but the TNT stack played a large role in my success. I plan on making Resveratrol a staple for the near future, and will use Divanil again most definitely, so why not buy TNT and get T-Force for free?

Pictures before were on a chest day right after working out, so slightly pumped up. After pictures were taken post-HIIT sprints and a mild shoulder day, but not too pumped up. Weight measurements were done pre-WO, and I averaged 3 days to eliminate variations.
BEFORE ---> AFTER

BEFORE --> AFTER

Thank you to everyone that followed along ( Ninja-Reps & Comments were very helpful!). As always, feel free to ask any follow-up questions/details.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very important tidbit from my "final" review thread lol.
awesome review steve!
i have another friend who is just starting german volume training. i may have to try it myself.
how did you finish 4 weeks so quickly? obviously yours shipped earlier than mine.
Daang, lol. I knew I had extra Divanex b/c I had my own bottle and started 2 weeks early, and extra T-Rez b/c I was only doing 2/day but I couldn't figure out the extra T-Force. After I injured my foot yesterday and called the log, I wasn't all knocked up on pain meds and it seems like I missed a week in my calculations.

So that's 5 lbs in ~20 days. Clearly some fat gain, but even more impressive. I think I'll turn this into my 3 week review, and keep training upper body / deads if possible. I got an x-ray done and there's no fracture on my right metatarsals but it's swollen up and I'm limping. Alright so keep your eyes peeled on my log for hopefully another week of training. Perhaps I can hit that 7 lbs, I'll aim for 172 by next Saturday when I'll do a Tanita Body Comp + Weigh in!

PS I got no clue what I did to my foot. I trained shoulders, traps & bi's yesterday, did my usual HIIT. Jogged home, was trying to figure out why I was limping then noticed my right foot was all red, and some bones felt a bit out of whack. I thought it might be a stress fracture but nothing on the X-Ray. :confused:

I hit the farmers market today. Anybody know what that big green thing is? Got 2 nice fresh bison steaks too :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sat & Sun. Sept 28

Sat= Rest Day, Healing My foot

Sunday= Chest & Back
Weight=170
Workout:
1a) DB Bench; 10,10,10,10,9,8,8,8,7,8,8
1b) Chins; 4x Failure T-Bar Pulldowns; 6x9
2a) BB Rows; 4x12
2b) DB Incl Fly's: 4x8
3) Dips 3x Failure
4a) Pullovers 10,10, 4(Hold)
4b) Rear Fly's 3x10

Comments:
Since I wasn't doing HIIT b/c of my messed up foot, I figured I'd blast chest. This was about 80 minutes, which is longer than I've done in ages. Felt moderately sore, the volume is what my body needs. Weighed in at 170 again, moderately full.

It was time to update this log, I've been spending too much time in Volcom's brothel... er log :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mon Sept 29

Legs

Workout:
Squats; 10x10 Legs (100 reps woot!)
Free-Motion Leg Extension ; 3x10

Comments:
A friend was squatting, and he was doing 20lbs less than what I usually do, but I typically only do 5 sets so I wanted to see how 10x10 would go. I managed to do the full 10x10, so I'll be doing my regular weight 10x10 on Saturday. The aggression from the TNT stack helped me pull through the final through sets/reps. Lots of grunting , but I got it done! I'll see how sore I am tomorrow. My apetite is stellar though! I'm glad I brought 2 extra apples with my PWO meal, they were gone in no time!

And I know somebody is going to ask it, how am I doing squats w/ my messed up foot? Well I'm a sucker for punishment I guess. There's no fracture, I had it x-rayed. Not sure why it's swollen, but I iced it all-weekend and got the swelling down. It's a bit sore again, but I blasted the legs today. I think running to class was worse on it, I just can't stand walking. So damn slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.