Animal Pump or Shock Therapy? Which is it going to be?

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Human body experimentation. We live for it! What makes us grow best, helps us define the shape we want, look our best, be our strongest. We are on a constant quest for bigger and better things.

Larger muscles, more strength, better physique. We want it all and only hard work and discipline will get us there.

Universal/Animal is coming along for the ride to help us out. Lets see which product produces the best results in the gym. Animal Pump or Universal Shock Therapy?

It's time to do this...

This log starts today!

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

I am logging these workouts other places fellas so I take them and add my log specific comments and put them here.

=====

Today was Back & Biceps, here is how it went:

Pre-supps: SportPharma: 1 tab Amino Max, 3 caps BA9, 1 pack Animal Pump

Intra-supps: SportPharma: Just Creatine in Fruit Punch and water, 1 tab Amino Max

Back

Pullup: After a good rotator warm up I did a few assisted pullups to get warmed up...
Single Arm-5/5 - Both-5 Off to do some BW pullups this week...

Pullup: BW all 4 grip positions...
5/4/4/5/4 I had more in me both in reps and sets but I was being very careful with the sprain. It was talking to me, I was listening...

WGPD: Shovel Grip, increase weight on each set...
10/10/10 Feeling it here too on the heavy set, moving on...

BO BB Row: Increase the weight on each set...
10/10/10

One Arm DB Row: 3 sets per arm with fixed weight...
10/10/10 each arm...

-----

Biceps

BB Curl: Used the EZ-Curl bar alternating wide and narrow grip and pyramid the weight up on every other set then drop back 15 lbs for reps on the last 2 sets...
10/10-8/8-6/6-4/4-10/10 I saw veins today, very cool...

=====

Post-supps: SportPharma: 1 tab Amino Max, 2 Scoops Strawberry Just Whey

1 hr total time in gym, time to eat.

Today I started day 1 of Animal Pump. I worked back and had a familier friend along. I've missed using the A Pump. I could feel that good feeling drive coming on as I traveled to the gym. My pack was taken about 40 minutes before actually hitting the iron.

The comments above about reducing weight are due to an Abdominal sprain I am healing up right now but I had a rock hard pump in my biceps by the end of the EZ-curl bar curls just the same.

I am feeling the soreness kicking in on my back already so I know I got the job done.

Day 1 of A Pump down, 4 more to go.

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Pump day 2

Sunday 09/07 Shoulders, Traps & Calves...

Second day of Pump. Fury like a freight train at full speed in the gym last night. And I even pulled the red stim capsule out since it was late in the evening.

I had a solid pump going on in my shoulders and in my calves by the end. My calves were actually so hard they felt like boards.

I smacked out my sets with very little to no rests and was sweating like I was standing in the rain by about half way through.

I finished up in 40 minutes flat and felt that I could have done more but was asked to shut down the gym because it was late and the kids needed to get to bed for school in the AM.

I definitely love me some Animal Pump ;)

This is how it went down:

=====

Delts

Super Sets DB Side Lateral Raise & BB Upright Row - I did the same SS 3 times to get the burn going - all 3 SS done the same way...

SS1 No rests
DB Side Lateral Raise: Fixed weight alternating with upright rows...
10/10/8
&
BB Upright Row: Used EZ-Curl bar with fixed weight and alternated with Side lat raises...
10/10/9

1 minute rest and then SS2

SS2 No rests
DB Side Lateral Raise:
10/10/10 Power was coming up on these
&
BB Upright Row:
10/10/10 Feeling stronger than SS1

1 minute rest and then SS3

SS3 No rests
DB Side Lateral Raise:
10/8/7 Feeling it now
&
BB Upright Row:
10/10/8 Got the burn deep!

Seated BO Lateral Raise: Hit the rear delts with fixed weight for 6 sets...
10/10/10/9/9/8 10 second rests between sets...

-----

Traps

DB Shoulder Shrug: Fixed weight for 3 sets of 20...
20/20/20 20 second rests between sets...

BB Shoulder Shrug: Used the EZ-Curl bar behind the back with fixed weight for 3 sets of 20 and then in front for 3 more sets of 20...
20/20/20-20/20/20 20 second rests between sets...

-----

Calves

Standing DB Calf Raise: Done on a board with fixed weights using wide and narrow stance...
20/20/20/20 30 second rests between sets...

=====

40 minutes, felt great afterwards. Hot shower and off to bed after eats.

~Recharging

Hg

King Con

Awards
  • Established
That session just sounded intense. Great work HG. Love how you destroyed the supersets in 40 mins!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
That session just sounded intense. Great work HG. Love how you destroyed the supersets in 40 mins!

Trying to hang with the young cats like you Y. I figure if I can't hit one area, then I'll put in some time in other areas that need work anyway. No need sittin around pinning away about our injuries.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Trying to hang with the young cats like you Y. I figure if I can't hit one area, then I'll put in some time in other areas that need work anyway. No need sittin around pinning away about our injuries.

Definitely... no one needs an injury. Keep destroying it HG. I'm sure you can hang with me just fine.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Now my log is complete. I'd have been crushed if you didn't join me in here bro ... :)

Hg
The delay was for dramatic effect... You should know I got your back!!!:thumbsup: :djparty:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Yeah you know me and MD would definitely get ya.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Title change...

I changed the title of this log as it was stupid.

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 09/09 Chest & Triceps AP3

Had things to do and places to go last night. Got home, put on workout clothes, hit the gym...

Simple and effective.

Animal Pump workout #3

=====

Chest

BB BP: Increase weight on each set and then drop weight and rep to failure for 2 sets...
15/12/10/8/6/4/1-9f/5f The last 2 sets were to be 1RM but it wasn't heavy enough for the first set of the 2 and that was 15 lbs over my 1rm from 2 weeks ago - my failure sets were done with my 1rm weight from 2 weeks ago - 2 PR's here! Reps with previous 1rm and 1 for max weight...

Incline Flyes: 2 sets, increase weight and 2 more sets...
15/15-10/8 PR for max weight!

-----

Triceps

Skull Crushers: Used EZ-Curl bar and did 2 sets, increase weight and 2 more sets alternating wide and narrow grip...
10/8-8/5 PR for max weight!

Cable Pushdown: Used towel grip and increased weight on each set then dropped to starting weight on the last set and repped to failure...
20/10/8-26f

=====

50 minutes in the gym, shower then Pork BBQ, Potatoes Au Graton & Green Beens.

Was very sore last night. Woke up several times throughout the night from shoulder pain. LOL!

Thoughts:
- I can feel the Animal Pump drive coming up now...
- Pumps are becoming really tight, my triceps were like rocks last night and my chest was pumped out, wifey likes ;)
- Animal Pump might be helping me get lucky? :woohoo:

:dance:

Hg

King Con

Awards
  • Established
- Pumps are becoming really tight, my triceps were like rocks last night and my chest was pumped out, wifey likes ;)
- Animal Pump might be helping me get lucky? :woohoo:

Hg
LMAO. In the words of Arnold describing the pump, "I feel like I am in heaven...I am coming day and night."

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Always.

Whats on the agenda today?

Open for suggestions. My sprain is feeling better but still there are reminders. I don't feel I can get back into any squats or heavy leg work yet. I want to so bad but I need this thing healed. I guess I'll just do some leg ex, leg curl and calf work again unless you have any better ideas? I can mix this up with some shoulder work to since I wont be dominating legs. Man I tell ya bro this sux. Getting an injury that holds you back is like taking an 8 year old into an ice cream parlor and let him look around but don't let him get anything. Serious! grrrrrrr :frustrate

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Open for suggestions. My sprain is feeling better but still there are reminders. I don't feel I can get back into any squats or heavy leg work yet. I want to so bad but I need this thing healed. I guess I'll just do some leg ex, leg curl and calf work again unless you have any better ideas? I can mix this up with some shoulder work to since I wont be dominating legs. Man I tell ya bro this sux. Getting an injury that holds you back is like taking an 8 year old into an ice cream parlor and let him look around but don't let him get anything. Serious! grrrrrrr :frustrate

Hg
I completely understand...:aargh:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Pump #4

This abdominal sprain has been a real set back. I'm 3 weeks out of a good leg workout now so last night I figured I'd try some stuff and see how it goes now that this seems to be healing up better.

I set out to do some basic leg extensions and leg curls and then work calves a bit. I missed squatting so bad I figured I'd try some light stuff and so I did, light...

Added some shoulders and traps in at the end for a really weird and mixed up workout but I feel really good about it today...

Been getting some crazy workouts from the Pump.

Here is how it played out:

=====

Legs

BB Squat: Full ROM, no half or parallel stuff - went light but got some done...
Warm ups: Broomstick-10 / Bar - 10 then weighted and increase the weight on each set...
10/10/10/10 Felt good, the sprain is healing for sure! Very excited!...

Prone Leg Curl: Increase weight on each set...
20/15/10 Felt pain from these in the abdominal area a bit so I stopped at 3 sets...

Leg Ex: Increase weight on each set except the last set where I dropped back and repped out...
20/15/12/20 Feelin the burn...

Leg Ex Singles: One leg at a time with fixed weight for 3 sets per leg...
15/12/10 x2

-----

Calves & start in on shoulders...

Weird SS Calves & Shoulders LOL!
Standing DB Calf Raise: Used a board and a pair of 40's for 6 sets wide and narrow footing...
20/20/20/20/20/20 No rests! Alternating sets with the Reverse DB Laterals...
&
Reverse DB Laterals: New one, thanks Hollow1! - Fixed weight (light weight) for 6 sets alternating sets with the calf raises...
10/10/10/10/10/10 No rests!

Thought I'd pass out LOL! Walk out of garage and stretch for 1 minute...

-----

Shoulders

Super Set1 DB Side Laterals with Upright Rows...
DB Side Lateral Raise: Fixed weight alternating sets with the Upright Rows...
10/10/10 No rests!
&
Upright Row: Used EZ-Curl bar with fixed weight alternating sets with the DB Side Laterals...
10/10/10 No rests!

About to puke, rest 1 minute, drink more and repeat again same SS:

Super Set2
DB Side Lateral Raise:
10/7/6 No rests!
&
Upright Row:
10/8/7 No rests!

Piss break, more drink, trap time...

-----

Traps

BB SS: Used the EZ-Curl bar with fixed weight for 3 sets behind the back grip...
20/20/20

BB SS: Used the EZ-Curl bar again and increased 20 lbs for 3 more sets front grip...
20/20/20

Tight squeezes at the top of these. My traps need more work!

=====

Still some left in the tank but I'm at 1:25 in so I'm not starting anything else...

Slept sore, sore this AM. Ahhhhh, I love it ;)

Tomorrow is Back day!

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Great stuff, bro!!! Glad to see you getting it done, despite what life throws at ya!!!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Pump #5

I am still being held back a bit by the injury but it is getting better. For sure it put the smack down on my pullup goals. I could do more but it wont let me. I'm working back into it slowly so I can get there as fast as I can without being sidelined again.

I really had my best Animal Pump workout with this one. This was my last pack and I can tell already I need to get me another can of this stuff.

I worked Back only this Saturday. No extra bicep work. All by my lonesome now for over a month. I miss my lifting buddy.

Here is how it was done:

=====

WU on treadmill to get HR up and then rotator circuit with 5lb plates. After that I did some sets of assisted pullups to warm up with a few one arm pulls per side as well. Then off to the bars...

Back

Pullup: BW all 4 grips...
5/5/5/5 had more to give but the abdominals would not allow it...

WGPD: Went heavy this week, increase weight on each set and then drop and rep out on last set...
15/8/5/3/10

CGPD: Reverse grip, heavy set and increase weight on each set and then drop and rep out on last set...
15/10/8/6/8

Nose Pull: Fixed medium weight and push for failure on each set with no rests...
20/16/12/10/8/6 Still feeling these 2 days later...

Seated Cable Row: Heavy set and increase weight on each set and then drop and rep out on last set...
15/12/8/6/12

One Arm DB Row: Big drop set with no rests, started with 80's and dropped 10 lb per set alternating arms...
8/8/8/8/8/12 6 sets per arm...

BO BB Row: Under hand grip increasing the weight on each set...
15/8/6

BO BB Row: Over hand grip increasing the weight on each set...
10/8/6

=====

1 hour total time in gym included the treadmill time. Very fast pace this time around. Little to no rests at all with every exercise and very short set up times on each. I had a fire burning due to an over load of crap going on in my life right now and I channeled that aggravation into this workout. I am very sore still as of this AM which is 2 days later LOL!

It was so cool to see guys in the gym work with me allowing me to work through with them on the equipment. In most cases I was in and out to the next thing while they were still doing their sets. The pace in the gym on a Saturday morning there is laid back. A complete mirror image of what I had going on. I left the gym completely soaked! I had to pull my shirt and actually wring it out in the sink and then put a towel on my car seat to get hone as I was still dripping when I left. Hey, I got leather seats baby, I roll in style ;)

Iron therapy, never under estimate it's ability to rid your mind of petty crap!

Animal Pump is crazy, it truly does come on slow and steady and then just keep rolling. It's like a freight train.

Today is a rest and eat day and then tomorrow is chest & triceps. I got some smack planned and I will get some new PR's!

~doin this

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Shock #1 Tuesday 09/16 Chest & Triceps...

My Internet was down so I didn't get this in on Wednesday.

Used the ST for this one...

=====

I did 15 minutes on the treadmill and then hit the plates after a good warm up.

55 minutes on the iron and then out...

Chest

Rotator warm up with 5 lb plates and then 2 warm up sets of 15 with the Olympic bar before adding plates.

BB Flat Bench Press: Increase on each set to 1 RM weight for 2 sets and then moved on, no failure sets this week because I want to add a few other things in...
15/10/8/6/4/1/2 I got 2 reps on my second set that was to be 1 rep max. It was 15 lbs lighter than last week and I could tell but I also had some shoulder pain I was working around so that is why I backed off...

Incline DB Flyes: Increase weight on each set...
15/15/14/9 These were feeling heavy!

Seated Pec Deck: Increase weight on each set then drop back and rep out...
15/12/8/15

-----

Triceps

Super Set Tricep pushdown and skull crusher
Tricep Pushdown: Increase weight on each set alternating with skull crushers...
20/15/8 No rests...
&
BB Skull Crusher: Used EZ-Curl bar with fixed weight alternating with tricep pushdowns...
10/8/6 No rests...

Overhead Tricep Ex: Used EZ-Curl bar with fixed weight for 3 sets...
10/7/3 10 second rests...

=====

Feeling it today, eating big, loosing weight! WTH?

The ST delivers, the pump is not as rock hard as it gets with the Animal Pump. ST 1 down...

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Shock #2 Thursday Evening Legs 09/18

Simple basic stuff to get the job done. I was able to get close to my max weights again on squats! Very pumped about this!

ST pre...

It went down like this:

=====

Wheelz

Home Gym...

Lots of stretching, BW lunges and just over all warming up the legs and groins...

BB Squat: Full squats, you know how we roll, increase weight on each set and drop on last set for reps...
Warm up with broom stick-10x2/then bar x10 then weighted sets...
8/8/8/6/4/8 That 4 rep set is a PR! Max was 3 reps last time I did that weight...

Leg Ex: Fixed medium/heavy weight with scaled rep scheme...
20/16/14/12/10/8 20 second rests...

Prone Leg Curl: Fixed medium weight with scaled rep scheme...
16/14/12/10/8/6 20 second rests, feeling these a lot both in the hamms and in the abdominal area...

-----

Calves

Standing Calf Raise Calf blaster, fixed weight, 75 reps, 10 second rests...
30-12-11-11-7-4=70 10 second rests only, hoaky crap! Fire!

55 minutes...

=====

I believe the calf blaster was to be 70 reps? Gotta read up on that. Abdominal sprain held in there, it's sore today as it was last night but much much better. I was able to push it a little without re-injuring it so hopefully this will spur on even more healing and strength to that area.

~Moving along

The ST deff helped me get through this one as it was late. The stim affect is not the same as it is with A Pump. A Pump comes on slow and steady and lasts really long. The ST comes on quick and hard but wears off faster. This was good for me because it was now really late and I needed to get to bed.

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Great session!!! But... No 100's...? (*LOL*):icon_lol::duel::jaw::run:

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
looks good bro... consistent work here always. :hammer:

you know i know how you feel with that injury...
take your time and work back into it (like you're already doing)
and befoere you know it'll be gone and you'll be back stronger than ever. :clap2:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
looks good bro... consistent work here always. :hammer:

you know i know how you feel with that injury...
take your time and work back into it (like you're already doing)
and befoere you know it'll be gone and you'll be back stronger than ever. :clap2:

That is the plan bro. You know the game...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Shock #3 Saturday 09/20 Back and Biceps

Worked it at the New York Fitness Gym again this Saturday. Just me all by my lonesome...

Warmed up 17 minutes on the treadmill while I drank my pre-workout nutrition...

Mixed my ST with my Intra-Aid first serving and downed it on the Treadmill.

Spent 45 minutes on the weights. Hit it hard, fast and with precision...

Warm up with 5 lb plates and some weight assisted pullups, stretches to get good and warmed up and joints lubed...

Pullup: BW all 4 grips; 7/5/5/5
WGPD: 6 set drop set with no rests; 8/8/8/8/8/30
CGPD: Reverse grip, 6 set drop set no rests; 8/8/8/8/8/8
Seated Cable Row: Fixed weight tapered reps, 15 second rests; 20/16/12/8/6/4
BB Curl: Rack runner, dropped 10 lbs per set with no rests; 8/8/8/8/8/16

The ST is deff a good level of bang for your buck. The price point puts it way below a lot of other competitive products in cost but the performance is as good or even better in a lot of cases. I had a very nice pump going in my lats, shoulders and biceps when I left the gym.

Steak, Baked Potato, etc at Hoss's steak house...

Sleep, busy weekend.

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Shock #4 Tuesday 09/23 Chest & Triceps

Supps used:

Pre: SP Amino Max (1 tablet), ST (grape, 1 scoop)

During: Intra-Aid (2 scoops), SP Amino Max (1 tablet)

Post: SP Amino Max (1 tablet), 2 scoops Chocolate Just Whey in Skim Milk

55 minutes lifting after warm ups...

Flat Bench BB Press: Bar-20/ increase on each set then 2 sets at 1rm then drop and rep to failure for 2 more sets... 15/12/10/8/5/1/1/F/F

Incline DB Press: 2 sets, increase weight for 2 more... 15/15-15/12

Superset tricep pushdown alternated with skull crushers, fixed weight, no rests...
Tricep pushdown: 15/12/10
Skull crusher (EZ-curl bar): 15/12/10

Standing overhead tricep ext (EZ-curl bar): Fixed weight, W/N/W 10/8/6

DB Pullover: fixed weight, 10/10/20

Dinner: Baked Whiting, Green beans & Spanish Rice.

I left the gym last night with a much tighter pump than the last few workouts. My arms and chest both were super tight.

:bb3:

Hg

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Great session, Hg!!! Any clues as to which way you're leaning...?

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Great session, Hg!!! Any clues as to which way you're leaning...?
I'll be posting the last workout up here in a bit and I'll do my review today yet. I do know which way I'm leaning :afro:

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Shock #5 Thursday 09/25 Leg day

I had stuff to do last night so it was straight to the gym from work.

I wanted to throw some leg presses in. I was going for a PR because I could feel it was there but then it happened. My right knee shut down my game for the night...

Slammed my ST on the way to the gym, by the time I changed and got ready to workout, I was feeling good!

Leg Press: Increase weight each set... 12/12/12/5 more on this:

On the forth set things were rolling good, I could feel plenty of power in reserve and planned on getting 2 more PPS for a PR but half way back up on the 6th rep my right knee had a cracking/popping/pinching/hot feeling sensation. I had enough momentum and power in my left leg to get the sled up enough to lock it (I had the safety stop in so it would not have mattered either way if I would have had to come back down).

Feeling very concerned that a serious injury just took place I got up and out of the seat. To my surprize, it didn't hurt at all. Hmmm? So I know I don't dare try anymore leg pressing tonight, my PR is a wash. I figure I'll see if I can do some squats...

Did 10 reps BW only, felt fine, no issue, did 10 with the bar, all good, nothing! Flipped a pie on each side to start my sets and about 1/4 of the way down on the first rep (just enough to start feeling the weight) I felt a sharp pang in that right knee. I pushed back up with my left leg and rack the bar (I was in the cage with safety rails in place again so no worries either way). Shoot! I'm only 10 minutes into my workout and I'm done!

I don't need to tell you that the sweat I had started was now steaming off of me cause I was pissed! Screw it! Leg Curls! They should be OK right? They were, let's finish this...

Prone Leg Curl: Increase weight on each set... 12/10/8

Standing Hamm Curl: Used the Leg Ex machine increasing weight on each set doing 1 leg at a time of course, I'm standing here ;) LOL! 10/10/10 x 2 fire!

Figured I'd try some leg extensions and see how the knee feels...

Seated Leg Ex: Fixed weight, did sets of 8 1 leg at a time alternating with no rests then right into a high rep set with both legs before resting, then repeat... 8/8/8 each leg then 20 with no rests... 30 second rest, repeat, fire!

I held the last rep each time for a release of 30 seconds. Thought I'd pass out on the second run through. I was sweating to the point that there was drops falling off my forehead like it was raining. I had to go get a towel and mop up.

Standing Calf raise: 75 reps with only 10 second rests. There was no way i was making the 100 this week. I'll do it next week. calves were knotting up bad! I about puked from doing these... 75

45 minutes and out! I had to take my baby out for a Home Coming dress and shoes for the weekend.

Close estimates put my cals at 5800 yesterday! I need to rebehave! Gotta cut back fellas, gettin my chub on... NOT what I'm looking to do.

Feeling on ST, I don't often get a super good pump in my legs, last night was no different.

Hg

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Tally the votes...

I'm going to say it this way:

Each product, both Shock Therapy and Animal Pump have their place. If I had to choose one over the other for the rest of my life I would be upset.

I find that Animal Pump gives me drive that lasts a long time and a much harder pump in my muscles. I also feel better, not as nauseated and I feel stronger than I do on ST. All in all, I get way better results with this product over the ST. After taking AP I find I still have energy from it half the day later.

With Shock Therapy I find that I get a quick rush of energy that doesn't last as long and is a bit prone to upsetting my stomach as well as giving me a mild headache if I take it on an empty stomach. I do get good energy from it and a nice pump. The recover between sets is good. A few hours after the gym the rush is gone.

Given the way the two products work for me both have their place. When I workout in the evenings I like to use some ST because the rush comes on quick but then wears off in time for me to get to sleep at a reasonable time. Animal Pump is good for my Saturday morning workouts because that is when I hit it the hardest and then I'm not shot for the rest of the day after my workout as AP sticks with me. I can take AP in the evening but I have to take the red stim pill out.

All in all I like and will continue to use both products as I push for more with each workout.

My final vote for overall effectiveness and performance?...

It's got to be Animal Pump!

Hg