DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the Prime has arrived!!

This is a Log of my 20 year old son who is coming off 7 weeks of training in which he had not trained in over a year.

He is a large powerfull man 6'2" and as a lot of you know he had montrous lifts at 18 before he was injured. In the last 7 weeks we have been able to put around 10 to 12 lbs on him while losing around 8 lbs of fat. Muscle memory and youth are major factors here along with good diet 3500-4000 calories at 40/40/20. He does not normally do any kind of supplementation but was anxious to try prime out so I am letting him give it a go.

I will have pics and weight up before too long, I estimate him to be around 250. He has not started to lift anywhere near his potential yet so expect big strength and size gains here.

It's going to be a good one so stay tuned...

Before pics

DreamWeaver Gallery - My Photo Gallery

After pics

DreamWeaver Gallery - My Photo Gallery

Last edited:
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very cool. I wish I had that type of relationship with my dad. Will be following this. Good luck to your son!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed!

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
awesome, what a great father son relationship

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Should be pretty difficult to judge the effects of Prime with your son since his is already climbing back up a hill he has been on top of. Make sense?

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
subbed ... i wish me and dad had this relationship too !

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should be pretty difficult to judge the effects of Prime with your son since his is already climbing back up a hill he has been on top of. Make sense?
Yes there will be some difficulty, but you forget my experience, I will be able to pick up subtleties that others might miss, and remember I built him the first time I know what to expect. Plus knowing his psyche is a big factor here I will know when he's pushing harder even before he will. This is a good opportunity for study believe me.

On that note I was able to make some observations that are very intriguing. He did notice a difference but he was unable to put he's finger on it, he said it just felt different. He went and did a good workout with increased weights but I noticed he struggled a bit so it's not like there were any major strength increases. He really fought which I attribute to a plecebo effect brought on by the hype and the fact he was feeling different.

Now there were some interesting developments, I did the same routine and I was tanked, it was humid and that is a brutal routine. He did not look tired at all, and in fact I had a hard time keeping up with him on the way to the gym and on the way home, and it's usually the other way around as my conditioning at this point is superior. He did mention that he thought that the Prime allowed him to finish stronger with increased endurance. All I know is after a grueling workout he seemd fresh as a daisy....

One more thing I did notice briefly, he was looking very pumped, may have been because he worked harder than I have seen him do in a while, which could have been plecebo, his condition after the workout however, I don't thnk was...

Tommorow is squat day I will be watching him like a hawk.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok just talked to him, his sleep was the same but he did mention that he was much more sore than usual. This is likely due to the increased intensity but surprising still as this is week 3 of this routine.

Oh a few other things I did not mention, he will be doing 5 2 dosing but will split his off days Wed and Sun. Cuz he just started he will dose this sunday and this coming Wed will be his first off day. He will be running 6 a day. He never does supps so he insists on doing everything by the book..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Before pics are up (see link first post) and he weighed in at 255 which is a little higher than I thought.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kid looks tired as hell :lol: Get em puft!

treningsfrik75

treningsfrik75

Awards
hmm... got attention to his comment about soreness. I had my first workout on Prime yesterday and today I am extremely sore. Maybe its the extra intensity?? time will tell :)

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
On that note I was able to make some observations that are very intriguing. He did notice a difference but he was unable to put he's finger on it, he said it just felt different. He went and did a good workout with increased weights but I noticed he struggled a bit so it's not like there were any major strength increases. He really fought which I attribute to a plecebo effect brought on by the hype and the fact he was feeling different.
Dreamweaver this is NOT PLACEBO your son was feeling. I'm on my 4th day and can attest, something feels different. It is subtle, but noticable. Almost like an increased awareness of the strength you posess.. An all day "Mind-Muscle Connection" if you will. All I can say is I've never felt this before but I love it. I'm really getting excited as to the potential of this.

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
I can attest to soreness actually too... I know prime is supposed to help recovery and all but today (two days after leg workout) I can hardly get up the frikkin stairs.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah I would say the intensity was the difference when taking into account soreness.

Well it's leg day and I will be back to report on how things went.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh and after reading the FAQ we have decided to run 7 days a week. As long as he doesn't overtrain he'll be fine.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The leg workout went fairly well yesterday not a lot to report on the effects of Prime. He made progress and worked hard. Funny he is not experiencing the soreness he did from the first weekend.

I noticed some real improvement, as far as getting his technique back. We did some really intensive core training as well so he's going to be ready to go heavy when the time comes. One more week of this routine then we will do a 5/5/5/8/12 heavy cycle for 4 weeks then take a week off. This is going to get real interesting real soon.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
This should be good. I like how you are working with your son DreamWeaver, and we can get some objective feedback from a trainers p.o.v. Subb'd.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This should be good. I like how you are working with your son DreamWeaver, and we can get some objective feedback from a trainers p.o.v. Subb'd.
Yes my thoughts exactly it's going to be interesting from a point of view that is not the one using the product. He is not subject to the hype as he does not spend time on bodybuildiing sites to any feedback I get from is impartial.

Nothing really to report the last couple of days, business as usual. Today is day 5 and chest and back day, we'll have something to report soon.

He does say he feels a little different but seems at a loss to explain it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He had a good workout yesterday, very strong, not extremely heavy but fairly intense.

Damn he's looking huge, can't really attribute this to the Prime but he is getting bigger quickly, you can see it everywhere.

He is feeling some effects of that I have know doubt all be it that they are minor at this point. I expect big things soon though as we move into straight ahead power next week, that's where he rocks the joint...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I can't wait until my little boy is old enough to go to the gym with me. My 10yr old daughter goes, but she is getting lazy;)

I'm glad you guys enjoy sharing the experience.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking forward to the log, but like mentioned in your OP, he's got muscle memory going for him and will be growing fast. Try and ask him to note any changes vs. the previous weeks that his body is feeling. :thumbsup:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking forward to the log, but like mentioned in your OP, he's got muscle memory going for him and will be growing fast. Try and ask him to note any changes vs. the previous weeks that his body is feeling. :thumbsup:
I have seen him build before, I know his tendancies cababilities and moods. I will be able to pick up many sublties that may escape even his notice, but yah I will be asking him about his feeling etc...

I'll know when and how it works though, I guarantee that.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I am trying not to get too excited but it looks like it's kicking in, he had a tremendous workout last night where I noticed improved form, concentration and attitude. At the end of it all he was fresh as a daisy and feelin the buzz I could tell. He stated that he felt like he could keep on going.

Squat day tommorow and then next week, we move to heavy duty training!! We'll see what this stuff can do. His numbers won't be that impressive at first but I expect him to come close to 400 lbs (squats) for 5 reps in 4 weeks. This is still not what he used to do but this is a different style of training and he's only been back in the gym less than 2 months.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice squat day! We are still not going super heavy but I will revise my prediction he will probably get close to 500 before this is all done (if not over). The technique and the ease of the lifts are beyond what I could have hoped. He is talking about getting back into powerlifting at a competitive level. God knows how far he can go with a real strength coach.

So far Prime has delivered what it said it would, now were past the first week we'll see if it continues. This week we will start to go heavy duty. We'll start with managable weight and move up fairly quickly. At the end of this 4 weeks he should be lifting respectfully again.

I have to mention that although it is not our primary concern his body composition seems to have improved quite a bit as well. He's looking big and scary again. He weighed in at 254.6 which is down slightly from last week but he has put on muscle there is no doubt.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Hey DW, what's his routine look like if you don't mind me asking?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well this is his last week on this routine

Day 1
30 degree incline bench press 4 sets of 8 superset straight arm lat pressdown ss Lat pulldown

Decline db flies 4 X 8 ss bent over rows

Day 2

Giant set shoulders X 3 circuits
Prone rear delt flies drop 1 ss
Prone rear delt pressback drop 1 ss
Side lateral raise drop 1 ss
Front raise drop 1

Giant set arms 3 circuits
30 degree incline alt db curls drop 1 ss
XFace tri ext drop 1 ss
Prone db curl drop 1 ss
Rope tricep extension drop 1

Day 3 Legs

Squats 4 X 8
Leg Extensions ss Leg Curl 4 X 8
Seated calf ss Stand Calf 4 X 8

The routine is a good one to get him back into shape, I am not big on volume as less is usually more, with the prime he will be welcome to do an extra set or 2 but not a lot more.

His new routine starting this week

Day 1
Bench 5/5/5/8/12

Squats 5/5/5/8/12

Tbar Rows 5/5/5/8/12

Push Press 5/5/5/8/12

Will forgo cleans as this just makes his traps get too big.

Day 2

Leg Curls 5/5/8/12 ss Stiff Leg deads
Calf Raise 5/5/8/12
Decline Tri Ext 5/5/8/12 Might finish with a couple sets of close grip
Olympic Curl 5/5/8/12

Day 3
Mirror day 1 except 8/8/12 instead of 5/5/5/8/12

This is a good routine to push your lifts up.. he will signicantly increase his lifts on a weekly basis for 4 weeks.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well today's the day...heavy duty training. We will start out conservatively and add weight each week. After 4 weeks we should be able to have him lifting respectfully again.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, I was expecting good results but I have to say I am very, very impressed with what I saw last night...

I admittedly was a little conservative in what I had planned for him last night and thought maybe he would push the weight up a little but 50 lbs extra on the squats for 5 reps I didn't see that coming. 20 lbs extra on the bench for 5 reps I wasn't that surprised but it was still nice to see. Our goals seem laughable now, we are going to shatter them at this rate. He was squatting 365 like it was 225. Bench has never been his lift but he didn't miss a rep 5 X 275. These weights will go up significantly next week.

He is really enjoying this I can tell... His focus is extremely good, and attitude is better than I have ever seen it. I can tell he really feels good when he's training.

Body comp wise I am definitely seeing more size, not an extreme amount but he looks slightly leaner and more muscular.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Wow, great results so far! Prime looks very interesting...

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow impressive results

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
wow impressive results
Yah heavy squats and bench is a good barometer for what a supp may be doing for you stengthwise. I designed this routine with that in mind. I believe that this is the way your going to benefit most from this supp, hit it hard and heavy!!

treningsfrik75

treningsfrik75

Awards
He is taking big jumps in the strenght division.
Great stuff!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well some of it is muscle memory but that doesn't account for all of it there is something else going on here. I will reiterate he does not know how good this product is supposed to be he just likes it.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like things are going really well DW.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like things are going really well DW.
So far so good, here's another little tidbit, after that back breaking workout he should have been really sore, hek I sure as hell was and I couldn't do anywhere near the weight he was doing because of my injury. He was hardly sore at all, it's just not fair. I know he's young and all but damn!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Subcribing. Sounds like your son is doing well and he is lucky to have a Dad as involved as you are!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subcribing. Sounds like your son is doing well and he is lucky to have a Dad as involved as you are!
Thanks man, nothing more a Dad likes to hear than he's being a good father.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like your son is doing well and he is lucky to have a Dad as involved as you are!
Echoed. I have tried and tried and tried, but my father will not work out with me. Sadly, he is overweight and chooses to spend his life sleeping on the couch with the TV on in the background. :sad:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^bro hug......did you just grab my ass?!

treningsfrik75

treningsfrik75

Awards
My dad has never understood why I work out with weights.
What are you training for? he says. Never backing me up on this. But he is a great dad anyway.

Your son is lucky to have you share the same interests and backing him up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My dad has never understood why I work out with weights.
What are you training for? he says. Never backing me up on this. But he is a great dad anyway.

Your son is lucky to have you share the same interests and backing him up.
Yah you can still be a great father and not have the same interests but were both fortunate to have something we can share more time together.

Yesterday was a less intense workout but went very well, lol it involved some exercises that I excell in above him. He is a powerfull brute but with his powerlifting type past he didn't do a lot of arm work so I can outcurl him. At least I still have something over him. He did very well though and my superiority will be short lived. He was feeling really good and worked intensely he really has a superior work ethic when on Prime. He's always looking to push the weight up and uses very good form on all his lifts. He's looking bigger and leaner as well. Our scales ran out of batteries today so he didn't get a chance to weigh in. I will get some today I guess.