A log by jaymdubbs

What is Blue GENE™ ?

Serving Size: 5 Tabs (5950mg)
Servings Per Container: 30

• Controlled Release Formula
  • Stimulant Free Endurance and Stamina
  • Natural / Legal Power and Performance
  • Optimize Natural Hormone Levels and Recovery
Designed to help the serious athlete optimize mitochondrial biogenesis, hormone level ratios, and support oxygen rich blood cells during athletic performance and recovery, this stimulant-free formula means more endurance, power, and better recovery without pro-hormones or grey area compounds. No hormones means no post-cycle therapy, depression, or other risks associated with exogenous hormonal ingestion.

Cissus is a natural, cutting-edge anti-cortisol / anti-catabolic compound that has taken the supplement industry by storm. While more research is needed on the exact mechanism of it's anti-catabolic activity, we do know that the phytoconstituents are active and effective, improving the healing rate of tendons and ligaments (tendons and ligament function is essential for weightlifting strength and form). Acting as a natural glucocorticoid antagonist, Cissus may also have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.

Carnitine was added to the formula for it's numerous benefits, including recovery from intense training and reduced DOMS. When part of a CONTROLLED LABS stack / combo you have the ability to train harder AND more often. Users have reported enhanced energy, alertness, cholesterol levels, and fat utilization leading to a recomp effect. Another mechanism of action may be that carnitine enhances our 100% natural hormone levels during training including insulin-like growth factor.

Carao and Catuaba extracts work in synergy with other ingredients to help the target muscle group receive more oxygen, improving performance and strength. As a bonus, many users report a noticeable increase in libido.

Quercetin and Ginkgo Biloba (used for centuries in traditional Chinese medicine) provide a stimulant-free performance boost by increasing oxygen and circulation, giving the serious athlete a unique alternative to stimulant-based products. As a bonus, over time the formula may help support a healthy immune / respiratory system with potent anti-oxidant, anti-viral, and anti-allergen properties. Sodium Bicarbonate acting as a hydrogen buffer, helps reduce fatigue during training and enhance recovery between sets.... experience jitter-free endurance and stamina like never before.

lcariin, Grape Seed Extract, Griffonia Simplicifolia Extract, Apigenin, Luteolin and Niacin work in synergy to help increase bloodflow, natural growth hormone levels, and circulating levels of testosterone while keeping estrogen under control. The formula may even help with cholesterol ratio (cholesterol is the building block for testosterone).

Train harder than ever, push past a plateau, and recover fast.... with Blue GENE™

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
The Log:

INITIAL MEASUREMENTS
Weight - 181
Body fat - (using Tanita scale, lowest 6.4, highest 9.1)

DIET
Meal 1 - oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, 1 scoop whey
Meal 2 - Almonds/Peanuts, 1 scoop whey
Meal 3 - tuna/chicken/beef + veggies
Meal 4 (pre) - 1 scoop whey
Meal 5 (post) - 2 scoop whey
Meal 6 - tuna/chicken/beef, veggies, eggs
Meal 7 - 1 scoop whey w/PB

I will be following this diet very strictly. The only deviation will be when I go out to dinner with my girlfriend

[/b]SUPPLEMENTS[/b]
Controlled Labs Orange Triad
Controlled Labs Green Mag
Controlled Labs White Flood
Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
Controlled Labs BLUE GENE
Scivation Whey

ROUTINE
Day 1 - Chest/Tri/abs
Day 2 - Back/Bis
Day 3 - Legs/Shoulders/abs
Day 4 - off
Days 5, 6, 7 repeat

Cardio alternates between running and ellipical - roughly 3-4 mile runs or HIIT on the elliptical -

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 1 (8/31/08)

Day 1 - Chest (8/31/08)

Thoughts: Blasted chest today - no personal bests as I was focusing more on endurance today. Didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary in the gym (to be expected on first dose). Workout was roughly at 3PMish - fast forward to the evening and libido was crazy. Way too early to tell if it is actually BLUE GENE or placebo, but whatever it was it was great. Will take note and update as this log continues.

jonnyjames

jonnyjames

Awards
  • Established
Looks good man.:head: I'll be watching this one.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 2- Back/Bis (9/1/08)

Thoughts: Back and Bis - I have begun to not look forward to back days as much, due to the pain in my lower back - I only really notice it when doing a lot of weight with stiff-legged deadlifts. I def. am not throwing on as much weight as I used to - possibly a chronic strain or weak core muscles surrounding the area. I will begin to do more exercises to further strengthen my core (already pretty strong) to see if that can alleviate some of the strain on my back.

Repeat performance in the libido department. Again, too early to tell if its placebo or the BLUE GENE already taking effect.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Blue Gene on the radar - subbbbbed... :thumbsup:

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 3- Shoulders/Legs

Thoughts: I opted to for a higher volume workout today was my back was a little sore from jumping on trampoline yesterday. Shoulders felt good, but was reluctant to put strain on it.

Despite the slight pain, I was able to still nail out a decent leg workout (again, higher volume) while watching the pressure on my back.

Overall, a decent workout, but I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary from the BG yet, as my normal stack of GM, WF, PW is fairly baseline now -

I should note that I have been running this stack for a while now, and I am fairly certain I will be able to discern if and WHEN the BLUE GENE starts affecting my workouts positively.

So far, no increased performance to speak of (besides libido). Stay tuned

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
For sure! At least the libido department is goin strong :D

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 4 (9/3/08)

Chest/Tris

Thoughts: Unfortunately I wasnt able to workout as much as I would have liked to today - today was my fiancee's birthday and I got out of work late, so I had to make it quick - again I wanted to stress higher volume/endurance workout today, but had to shorten it to a High Intensity 5x5 with bench, incline, decline, flyes, dips, tri extensions, kickbacks and skull crushers -

strength was good - for bench, I usually alternate between chest workouts between the barbell and machine - so I can work the different angles and approach the lifts a little differently everytime (for instance, negatives and dropsets are a little easier and more efficent with the machine, but I get a better range of motion and TUT with free weights) it also depends on the pain threshold I have in my shoulder - today I was repping 315 on the machine - at this point i cant add any more weight as that is the entire stack - at some point I may need to completely go to barbell for a decent chest workout (unless I begin working on volume more frequently).

I will say that I didnt feel as fatigued as I normally do while lifting, and that was even having my protein shake at 3 and not working out until 6:30 (not the smartest thing, I know, but I usually am able to hit the gym by 5 or 5:30)

Overall - Have not noted much of a difference (only Day 4)

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Back/Bis

Thoughts: Today was one of those days I was psyched to workout and "had a pump" just thinking about working out (not really, but I know everyone knows the mindset).

I forgot to cook my lunch last night, so I had some peanut butter mixed with 2 scoops of chocolate whey - pretty damn delicious.

For some reason I felt very "depleted", despite the mindset I was in. Sometimes, I actually enjoy this feeling as I know the effects of White Flood will be amplified when I feel this way.

So today was back day - my second favorite day, and today I wanted to mix strength and endurance in my workout, so I warmed up with 8 sets of 10 wide grip pull ups. Wasnt feeling fatigued - I could have gone with sets of 15, but I wanted to conserve some energy for my back extensions and lat pulldowns (wanted to attempt 5 rep max today and finish 5th rep strong) at 225.

And I did it - typically I have to scale my warm up to allow me to hit the lat pulldowns at that weight, but not today. I honestly feel day 5 on Blue Gene is too early to tell anything, but again, I am eating at maintainence - recovery and endurace is as good as its ever been (if not better)

Libido is still crazy - wish the fiancee wasnt working so much lately hahaha

Tomorrow is off day (Friday).

Here is a random picture of the day:

Anytime I need a good laugh, just look for Jean Claude -

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 5 (9/5/08)Off

Thoughts: Not much to talk about today - didnt work out. Took the fiancee to dinnner. Recovery has been great as well.

Again, I have noticed positive a difference in libido.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 6 (9/6/08)Shoulders/Legs

Thoughts: Pretty good workout today. I felt like I had a lot of energy, and I literally was blowing through sets today. Capped it off with some jump rope, heavy bag work, and HIIT and I was spent.

Day 7 (9/7/08)Off
Thoughts: Wasnt feeling too great today (def. sick) so I decided to rest up today. Back at it tomorrow (Monday)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this is a good, no bs log. the way it should be-i like it.:thumbsup:

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 8, 9, 10

Day 8 Chest/Tricepts (9/8/08)

Thoughts: I always look to challenge myself, especially went testing new products. I do believe chest day is my favorite day, selfishly due to the fact i usually can get a really good pump going and I love how it feels.

So on Monday, I wanted to really push myself and mix strength with endurance. So I did as follows:

1 - 50 push ups x 4 sets (30 sec. rest) warmup (alternating hands and feet) emphasized tris too

2- 5 x 5 of 312 on bench machine with drop sets of 15 with 180 x 4 sets

3 - 30 dips x 6 sets ("drop" dips with assistance 50x3 on every other set) emphasized tris too

4 - Hammer strength incline 265x10x45sets - at this point my chest was torched

5 - decline bench - some crazy cable machine with range of motion -

6 - fly machine 180x12x4 with drop sets of 120x15x4 (i can do the entire stack at this particular gym but again, my chest was burning)

7- skull crushers (cant remember weight) but did heavy 6x6 with 15x4 dropsets

8 tricep extenstions with tri bar - 190x8x4 with 110 supersets 15x4

9 cable kickbacks 40x15x4

I still felt pretty good afterwards - hopped on the elliptical for a change for 40 mins.

Overall, DOMS wasnt too bad.

Day 9 Off (9/9/08)

Thoughts:Travelling all day on business - couldnt work out. I FELT GREAT, very slight DOMS.

Day 10 Chest/Tris....AGAIN 9/10/08

Thoughts:Before anyone knocks me for overtraining, I dont do this very often. I felt GREAT after the last session. To be honest, I had a perpetual pump all day that Ive only really felt when taking Anabolic Pump in the past. My chest didnt hurt, but I felt pumped all day (like I NEEDED to work it again)...... so thats exactly what I did.

And it payed off too. I hit heavies today, and easily maxed out on all my lifts - no PRS, but my usual 5x5s I was hitting 8 - 10 reps by 4 - 5 sets depending.

Cardio was great - 2 mile running hit followed by 20 hiit mins on elliptical.

I feel fantastic. Libido is freaking phenomonal as well.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
this is a good, no bs log. the way it should be-i like it.:thumbsup:

Thanks! While I am kind of sad that I dont have the views and responses as some loggers, I do try to keep my logs very to the point, so people dont have to sift through the garbage to get to what people really view these for - results!!!!!:dance:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks! While I am kind of sad that I dont have the views and responses as some loggers, I do try to keep my logs very to the point, so people dont have to sift through the garbage to get to what people really view these for - results!!!!!:dance:
for every response you get there are probably 30 others just browsing. it's nice to see a log where the results are there, without sorting through 10 pages of chit chat, good job.:clap2:

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea !

:dance:

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 11, 12, 13, 14

Day 11 Back/Bis (9/11/08)

Thoughts: Overall great workout on Thurs. Feeling a little depleted (but that is intentional). No PRs, but definately felt stamina and endurance was up a little.

Day 12 Off (9/12/08)

Thoughts: Off - took the fiancee out to dinner, went shopping (yikes) - sort of an unoffical carb up day. Libido still flying high :)

Day 13 Shoulders/Legs (9/13/08)

Thoughts: Hit 190 (repping 4x8s) on shoulder press. Not a PR, but this is the first instance I was repping 190.

My lower back is feeling better, and my poundages for leg exercises are going back up. Again, i need to focus on strengthening my core to support the higher weights.

Libido GREAT again.

Day 14 Chest/Tris (9/14/08)

Thoughts: Today was a heavy 5x5 for me today. Ended my bench, incline and decline with close grip bench burn outs to really fatigue the chest and tris. Felt great throughout.

Too early to comment on libido hahaahah. :dance:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Gotta love that 5x5. Good to hear the lower back is feeling better as well!

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 15 Back/Bis (9/15/08)

Thoughts: I would like to describe today as an ON day - it felt very similar to when i was on 11oxo last year, and the mass fx/ hyperdrol 2 stack. I had an alpha male mentality - intensity was good, stamina and endurance were kicking.

lifts were high, but no PRs. I should note today is the first day on the blue gene i felt "on" -

my mind has been elsewhere lately (i cannot divulge yet, I have to wait until a few things fall in place - its really exciting though) - but my workouts havent suffered at all.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
surprised you haven't noticed increased libido, it seems most of the loggers noticed this early on. oh well, i don't always respond like everyone else either. keep up the good work.:hammer:

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
surprised you haven't noticed increased libido, it seems most of the loggers noticed this early on. oh well, i don't always respond like everyone else either. keep up the good work.:hammer:

hahahaha i did note an increase in libido (see earlier posts)

I noticed the increase in libido right off the bat:dance:

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 16 SHoulders/Legs (9/16/08)

Thoughts: I experiened the ON feeling again today. Muscles felt full and hard, and I felt pumped pretty much all day (on a low carb day at that).

Stamina still better than normal. No new PRs - did some nice dropsets that I failured on, so the intensity is definately there.

Mood is still good, for the most part.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 17 Chest/Tris (9/17/08)

Thoughts: Another great workout - mood was good, strength was up , alpha male mentality still there. No PRs, but again the intensity and increases in the amount of weight are consistent.

Day 18 Off (9/18/08)

Much needed off day - I am exhausted because of the following annoucment...........

I previously mentioned I had a lot on my mind............

I am proud to say I have accepted a new job in Dallas, Texas!!!!! I will moving there at the end of the month - I am extremely excited, but at the same time terrified as I have lived in the Cleveland, OH area my whole life (family, friends, fiancee are all here too).

Any helpful tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I am proud to say I have accepted a new job in Dallas, Texas!!!!! I will moving there at the end of the month - I am extremely excited, but at the same time terrified as I have lived in the Cleveland, OH area my whole life (family, friends, fiancee are all here too).

Any helpful tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Wow, congrats Jay. What's the plans for you and your fiancee, if you don't mind me asking?

I think it will be a positive experience. Hook up at a gym, there you can network and make some new friends to show you around town.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Wow, congrats Jay. What's the plans for you and your fiancee, if you don't mind me asking?

I think it will be a positive experience. Hook up at a gym, there you can network and make some new friends to show you around town.

Thanks - well the fiancee is in grad school right now for the next two years. We were planning on getting married Fall of '10 or Fall of 11' depending on how busy she felt during grad school (she has 2 full years left). When she gets a job (and where) we will figure out what to do then. I will be making enough to where i can visit or fly her out every month or so. the new company i am working for has a few offices in columbus, so if i need to close that gap i will be able to after at least a year potentially.

I know Mr. Aries is from that area, I was going to try to network with him--

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

Thanks - well the fiancee is in grad school right now for the next two years. We were planning on getting married Fall of '10 or Fall of 11' depending on how busy she felt during grad school (she has 2 full years left). When she gets a job (and where) we will figure out what to do then. I will be making enough to where i can visit or fly her out every month or so. the new company i am working for has a few offices in columbus, so if i need to close that gap i will be able to after at least a year potentially.

I know Mr. Aries is from that area, I was going to try to network with him--
Yup, was gonna say John is from that area. I also know he works at a gym (or, used to, at least. Haven't spoke to him in a while.)

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 19, 20, 21

Day 19 Back/Bis (9/19/08)

Thoughts: The "ON" feeling is still evident, muscle hardness is slightly elevated. Hit the full stack today on isolated lat pulldowns (I would say PR but it was on a machine)

Libido still kicking.

Day 20 Chest/Tris (9/20/08)

Thoughts: did 3x20s today for that "extra" pumped feeling. my focus was to increase the weights after each set - if I didnt reach 20, I would rest pause until I did - felt the burn

I was drenched, but felt damn good

Day 21 Shoulders/Legs (9/21/08)

Thoughts: Again, I have been focusing on strengthening my core to get back to lifting the big weights with my legs - I still have to adapt my lifts, but I think Im getting back to my old self (still going to take it slow)

ON feeling still there - I really hope I feel like this the rest of the cycle - I will order some more if that is the case before - the addition of BLUE GENE with the purple wraath really helps me finish my workouts strong (i think, my endurace and stamina has been up since starting blue gene)

My apologies for the lack of daily updates - I have been extremely busy (but I will always post retroactive workouts as I have been doing

Initial Results (teaser) I would say that my time on BLUE GENE has been extremely productive so far -

I started at 181 and I am now at 178 at a lower BF (.4% change). Granted, the loss is partly water/glycogen and I would anticipate a tiny ity bity amount of muscle (but my strength and endurance has been increasing)

I have felt great the entire time on it, despite the added stress of moving and preparing everything for dallas. I feel leaner (but dont really look much leaner as I was pretty lean before)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice results!

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Day 22 OFF (9/22/08)

Thoughts: Off Day - needed to prep everything for packing

Day 23 Chest/Tris (9/23/08)

Thoughts: Excruciating rest pause workout - followed it up with light weight burn outs. No PRs but still having consistent strength

I really enjoy a mix of heavys with endurance/volume - it helps keep my intensity up.

Libido still up there :)

Day 24 Back/Bis (9/24/08)

Thoughts: Hit 225 5 times at lat pulldown (not a PR, but the most reps in a set Ive done it at 225 ) followed by drop sets and wide grip pull ups. My back was hurting afterwards -

ON feeling is still there (although not as prounced as it was before - this may be due to the stress from moving)

Day 25 Shoulders/Legs (9/25/08)

Thoughts: worked out this morning - unfortunately this was a status quo workout - I am lacking a little energy, so hopefully I can prepare to hit the weights hard again on Sunday when I have access to my gym

Day 26 Off (9/26/08)

Thoughts: I have posted this day in advance because I AM MOVING TO TEXAS AND WILL NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS UNTIL MONDAY!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!!

Day 27 Off (9/27/08)

Thoughts: Again - I will be moving, so I will post updates on Monday!!!!!

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 28, 29. 30

Thank you all for bearing with me until I had internet access. The cable company takes a while to get out here, but I FINALLY got everything together, so I am up and running normal now.

Day 28 Chest/Tris (9/28/08)

Thoughts: Having two days off in a row makes me pretty ancy, so I was teeming with joy when I was able to hit my new apartment complex's new fitness center. It has all brand new equipment (but is limited, but open for 24 hrs for late night sessions).

They had dumbells (no bar bells) and machines, so I adapted my workout to lift as heavy as possible with high volume.

Overall, felt pretty good despite fatigue from the 18 hour trek across the country.

Libido was good the entire trip. I made sure to take BLUE GENE a little before - slight difference taking it then versus taking it preworkout (i noticed this on days off when I did not lift, FYI)

Day 29 Back/Bis (9/29/08)

Thoughts: Running light on time, I hit the fitness center again - this had all the equipment I needed to have a really good back workout, but again I adapted the equipment for my needs and tore my back up (in a good way - cant comment on PRS as the weight amounts differ from brands of machines obviously. endurance and stamina was good.

Day 30 Shoulders/Legs (9/30/08)

Thoughts: Last work out on BLUE GENE - which is a pretty sad day for me:-(

Hit my new gym and they all new leg machines I have never used before, so I did some low weight barbell squats (lower back, I might have pulled something moving, but still felt decent) and other new machines to really work some new angles I typically dont work.

Endurance and stamina was great (possibly placebo due to a new gym, but even if it was, it was a great workout)

Did tons of cardio because I felt I could go forever (but these machines are the exact same ones I had at my previous gym)

Diet was actually SPOT ON during the move continuing into this week as well.

I will post my final review tomorrow with a detailed analysis of my experience!!!! Again, I hope I provided you all a no-BS log of BLUE GENE , so look for final review tomorrow!!!!!

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Well here it is, my final review. The past 30 days have been interesting to say the least. In a matter of two weeks I had to pack up shop and move 1300 miles away, from my family, friends, and my fiancee for an indefinite amount of time. Could be a year, could be two, could be four, who knows. Either way, it put a lot of stress on me to make this decision (the only time I was ever this conflicted was when my parents got divorced).

But I am not here to tell you my life story (although it would be interesting). I discussed the events mentioned above to put my training for the past 30 days in perspective. Normally, someone might say that they slacked off due to the stress, or the sheer amount of things to do in that short amount of time. That wasn't the case for this log. To be honest, it was the exact opposite.

I have thoroughly used every Controlled Labs product in the past (and I would like to think my training schedule supports this, as most people would say I "overtrain"), and so I know I am able to distinguish if something is working or not. So below, you will find a few categories/aspects of BLUE gene that I feel are important to note.

[/b]End Stats: 176
BF (at 65% hydration) 6.0 [/b] (I will state that I am not 6% BF, this is merely a measure of progress from my tanita scale that has margin for error. If i had to guess, I would be about 8% or a little under)

Training:

While on BLUE GENE, I hit a couple of PRs. I never plateaued, and I always showed some type of progression (whether it was putting up slightly more weight, or pumping out another set with an extra 4 reps). This is due in part to the synergy between my diet principles, training regiment, and supplementation. There has only really been a couple natural test boosters that made me feel "on" (which I compare to my first cycle of a PH (11oxo) ). I felt ON during this log after a couple weeks, despite the mental stress and fatigue I underwent during my move/job relo.

AFter I started feeling ON initially, my muscles were harder, I felt leaner (but there wasnt a significant correlation in terms of my weight, hydration level, and BF through my tanita scale). This was a similar feeling to a cycle of 11oxo. Again, dont expect PH numbers, but the effects are half the battle in pushing the intensity and motivation during workouts.

I was able to consistently have intense workouts, combined with 30-45 minutes of cardio, alternating between moderate level and HIIT exercises to really push myself to the limit. I really didnt comment much on my cardio throughout my log, due to the fact it remained consistent throughout the log. I was hesitant to change it up too much for fear of skewing results.

Libido

One of the other more prominent effects I witnessed of BLUE gene was the effect it had on libido - I noticed a significant increase at the end of week 1, and remained consistent throughout. I dont think I really need to elaborate on this, but stamina and intensity were increased, which is always welcomed. I am glad that I am off it now due to the fact of my fiancee being 1300 miles away would make things a bit more difficult.

Final Thoughts

I was really impressed with the ingredient profile of this product - no gray market extracts or ingredients for the people who really want to stay away from PHs. Unfortunately, I can't say that I am natural due to a few cycles, but I wont be taking any sort of PH in the future, thats for sure. Many companies are coming out with great natural alternatives, and BLUE gene is now one of my favorites. I really think the product (for me) delivered on what it said it would do.

What is interesting is that I was on maintenance calories and I ended up losing 5 pounds - but got stronger, had longer workouts, worked out more frequently, experienced little to almost no DOMS. I couldnt ask for more in a natural test booster.

I will say, if you have prior PH experience, this product may NOT be for you. I think some people may not realize this is a natural product and works differently than PH. It would still have its place in anyone's supplementation, but I imagine some people might expect too much out of it.

I loved this product, and would highly recommended it to anyone looking for a safe, natural test booster.

Thank you to Controlled Labs for the opportunity to test out this great product. I will be sure to add this to my arsenal on a regular basis (along with Blue UP!!!)

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Purchase a cowboy hat, boots, and a brush guard for your vehicle. :thumbsup:

My colleagues are trying to get me to purchase the boots and hat - i will need to be really persuaded for that hahaha:toofunny:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice review, i started blue gene on tuesday and haven't really noticed much yet. it seems like it took about a week for it to kick in?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great final review. Very informative. Thanks for the info.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice review, i started blue gene on tuesday and haven't really noticed much yet. it seems like it took about a week for it to kick in?
I am on day nine and I noticed the endurance increase within the first few days. I also noticed that it prevented any extreme "burn" from lactic acid buildup. Push yourself in the gym and I'm sure you will notice the difference.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am on day nine and I noticed the endurance increase within the first few days. I also noticed that it prevented any extreme "burn" from lactic acid buildup. Push yourself in the gym and I'm sure you will notice the difference.
thanks, today will be my first workout on blue gene, been working 12's at work.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Well here it is, my final review. The past 30 days have been interesting to say the least. In a matter of two weeks I had to pack up shop and move 1300 miles away, from my family, friends, and my fiancee for an indefinite amount of time. Could be a year, could be two, could be four, who knows. Either way, it put a lot of stress on me to make this decision (the only time I was ever this conflicted was when my parents got divorced).

But I am not here to tell you my life story (although it would be interesting). I discussed the events mentioned above to put my training for the past 30 days in perspective. Normally, someone might say that they slacked off due to the stress, or the sheer amount of things to do in that short amount of time. That wasn't the case for this log. To be honest, it was the exact opposite.

I have thoroughly used every Controlled Labs product in the past (and I would like to think my training schedule supports this, as most people would say I "overtrain"), and so I know I am able to distinguish if something is working or not. So below, you will find a few categories/aspects of BLUE gene that I feel are important to note.

[/b]End Stats: 176
BF (at 65% hydration) 6.0 [/b] (I will state that I am not 6% BF, this is merely a measure of progress from my tanita scale that has margin for error. If i had to guess, I would be about 8% or a little under)

Training:

While on BLUE GENE, I hit a couple of PRs. I never plateaued, and I always showed some type of progression (whether it was putting up slightly more weight, or pumping out another set with an extra 4 reps). This is due in part to the synergy between my diet principles, training regiment, and supplementation. There has only really been a couple natural test boosters that made me feel "on" (which I compare to my first cycle of a PH (11oxo) ). I felt ON during this log after a couple weeks, despite the mental stress and fatigue I underwent during my move/job relo.

AFter I started feeling ON initially, my muscles were harder, I felt leaner (but there wasnt a significant correlation in terms of my weight, hydration level, and BF through my tanita scale). This was a similar feeling to a cycle of 11oxo. Again, dont expect PH numbers, but the effects are half the battle in pushing the intensity and motivation during workouts.

I was able to consistently have intense workouts, combined with 30-45 minutes of cardio, alternating between moderate level and HIIT exercises to really push myself to the limit. I really didnt comment much on my cardio throughout my log, due to the fact it remained consistent throughout the log. I was hesitant to change it up too much for fear of skewing results.

Libido

One of the other more prominent effects I witnessed of BLUE gene was the effect it had on libido - I noticed a significant increase at the end of week 1, and remained consistent throughout. I dont think I really need to elaborate on this, but stamina and intensity were increased, which is always welcomed. I am glad that I am off it now due to the fact of my fiancee being 1300 miles away would make things a bit more difficult.

Final Thoughts

I was really impressed with the ingredient profile of this product - no gray market extracts or ingredients for the people who really want to stay away from PHs. Unfortunately, I can't say that I am natural due to a few cycles, but I wont be taking any sort of PH in the future, thats for sure. Many companies are coming out with great natural alternatives, and BLUE gene is now one of my favorites. I really think the product (for me) delivered on what it said it would do.

What is interesting is that I was on maintenance calories and I ended up losing 5 pounds - but got stronger, had longer workouts, worked out more frequently, experienced little to almost no DOMS. I couldnt ask for more in a natural test booster.

I will say, if you have prior PH experience, this product may NOT be for you. I think some people may not realize this is a natural product and works differently than PH. It would still have its place in anyone's supplementation, but I imagine some people might expect too much out of it.

I loved this product, and would highly recommended it to anyone looking for a safe, natural test booster.

Thank you to Controlled Labs for the opportunity to test out this great product. I will be sure to add this to my arsenal on a regular basis (along with Blue UP!!!)
Really great final review brother, thank you very much!!!!!! :bruce2:

Good luck with the new place!!!!