TheNinja's (sponsored) Anabolic Edge by PAL - LOG

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Stats: 6'1" @ 184 lbs
BodyFat: I estimated 13.5% bf (have a plastic calipers)
Body Type: Ecto (66%) / Meso (33%) - very thin growing up but have forced myself to gain muscle
Goals: Gain strength and size with minimal fat - Plan on somewhat clean bulking for 3 months
Goals Specific for this product cycle: Gain strength and size!
Medical issues: none
Past Supplements: Some experience with the basics like multivitamin, creatine, whey protein, BCAA, fish oils, etc. I've also logged IGF-2, Neovar, Neovar Recomped, Drive, RPM, and Leviathan.
Current: Multi, Whey, omega3, creatine mono.
Diet: In check for the most part. Try to eat fairly clean. Around 2200 maintenance so I plan on 2800 or more.
Workout: Typically a 3 day split - chest/tris, back/bis, legs/shoulders.
Cardio: ummm..not much ;) - some hiking, various weekend activity or evening walk.
Other: I love trying new products and see how they work for me. I'm cheap so I have to evaluate what is worth it in terms of $$ for performance.
Dosage split into 2 times a day: 2 pills - will try with food and without. Will also experiement with different times of the day and around workout time.

"Normal" Diet:
More here if people want it but roughly 2500-2800 calories, typically 45/30/25 split I'd say.

Pictures on Day 1 - Sadly, I'm a shell of myself from 4 months ago......Yes I flexed - I figure as long as I do the same pose for my after pics, it is fair :)

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Hey, do my pictures not show up for anyone else? They worked when I loaded them last night from home but I don't see them at work. Is my work blocking it or did they not upload properly?

Thanks

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Let's get this show on the road.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 (August 27)
Workout - Chest/Triceps :

Bench Press:
5 working sets

Incline Flys immediately into Inc.Press:
3 sets

Laying on the bench skull crushers:
3 sets

Narrow Grip Press:
3 sets

Pushups:

Diet: Normal (4 Anabolic Edge - without food today)
Overall Feeling: Maybe it was placebo, maybe it was AE, but I did feel some tightness in my muscles when I took AE in the morning. I can't say it helped my workout though.
Notes: No negative issues to speak of. I believe I felt happier. It's early.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 3 (August 29)
Workout - Back/Biceps/LEgs:

Ok, so not a "traditional workout" but I helped a buddy move his entire place for about 4 hours. I'd say not a bad workout. :)

Diet: Farily normal diet...pizza and beer after moving..yum! (4 Anabolic Edge - 2 without and 2 with food today)
Overall Feeling: It's tough to say if it helped with strength but I believe it helped a little with endurance.
Notes: I don't notice any crazy dreams or roid rage..heh. Overall though I do feel I have a better attitude...perhaps it's the AE, perhaps I'm happy to get free supps...time shall tell.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 (August 30)
Workout - Cardio +?? :

Again not a typical workout (I apologize for that) but instead I spent 5 hours moving wood chips and dirt around my yard. Backbreaking work!

Diet: Normal - extra water! (4 Anabolic Edge - with food today)
Overall Feeling: I got a pretty nice pump in my back and arms from working outside. Again, I can't speak to the strength increase b/c I don't have anything to measure it by at this point, but I can tell you that the pumps are getting better.
Notes: Them are some big pills! At first I didn't like the smell, but it's growing on me. Now I look forward to when I get to take them. It also seems like it generates some internal heat. Not like a fat burner/thermal, but defintely something going on there.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 (Sept.2)
Workout - Back/Biceps :

Bent Over Row:
5 working sets

T-Bar Row:
5 sets

Barbell Curl:
4 sets

Standing Hammer Dumbell Curl:
3 sets

Diet: Missed my afternoon shake :( (4 Anabolic Edge - 2am without food, 2pm with meal) I don't seem to notice a difference when taking with our without food really so I'll stop posting it now unless PAL is interested.
Overall Feeling: Nice. Felt nice and strong today. Good pumps, good strength. I'd call it a very lean, tight feel, not so much a bloated feel. Good strength. We'll see how the gains go over the course of the month.
Notes: I slept good after the workout. Don't know if AE contributes to sleep. Also it's hard for me to really get good sleep or deep dreams as I have a 3 month old who likes to wake up every 3-4 hours.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 (Sept. 4)
Workout - Chest/Shoulders/ (slight) Triceps :

Bench Press:
5 working sets

Military Press:
5 sets

Incline Press:
3 sets

Overhead standing tricep with dumbell:
3 sets

Pushups:
3 sets

Diet: I missed my afternoon shake again so I made up for it this evening with extra malto and WMS before, during and after workout (4 Anabolic Edge )
Overall Feeling: I always find that there is that sweet spot when taking a supplement where you say "ya, it's working.....OH YA, it's def. working!". Well today was that day for me! I felt powerful while lifting today. I was very focused and ready to rock and had an intense workout! I gotta say the other thing I really noticed was that I didn't get tired. I don't know if AE is marketed to help cardio but it definitely seemed to help my recovery time between sets.
Notes: I'm still amped while writing this. I notice a little more vascularity, nothing major yet. I'm also looking forward to some good sleep and recovery. We'll see if AE aids in that, gauging by how sore/tired I am tomorrow :)

BravoLima

BravoLima

Awards
So far so good Ninja! As far as endurance, it is one of the main benefits. Cliff notes:

Designed to rapidly increase ATP and Oxygen utilization
Increases Aerobic & Anaerobic Endurance
Enhances your body’s ability for Aerobic & Anaerobic Recovery
Modulates estrogenic receptors while controlling Aromatase
Boosts Natural Testosterone Levels

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
So far so good Ninja! As far as endurance, it is one of the main benefits. Cliff notes:

Designed to rapidly increase ATP and Oxygen utilization
Increases Aerobic & Anaerobic Endurance
Enhances your body’s ability for Aerobic & Anaerobic Recovery
Modulates estrogenic receptors while controlling Aromatase
Boosts Natural Testosterone Levels
Thanks man! - And about the cardio, that's awesome. Sometimes I purposely do not read the write-up of a product so I don't have any preconceived notions. It's like a blind test for me. I don't know exactly what the product is supposed to do otherwise I find that I might write a bunch of stuff that just agrees with the write-up. I just like to find out on my own :)

I have to apologize to PAL was well. Things were crazy so I wasn't by my computer to update this log, but I keep a handwritten one. From now on though I"ll be updating directly here.

Also - can you guys see my pictures?

Finally - that first picture is embarrassing, I don't think I really look that skinny, I think it was a bad pose or something.....more motivation I guess :)

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 11 (Sept.6)
Workout - Back/Biceps :

Bent Over Row:
5 working sets

T-Bar Row:
5 sets

Barbell Curl:
4 sets

3 sets

Diet: Pretty normal. Weekends are always odd b/c I don't have a real routine but I try to get enough calories in. I normally do but they are more spread between large meals and hanging out with friends as opposed to weekday small meals.
Overall Feeling: This is some nice stuff I tells ya! I really like the feeling. It's not like I'm pumped up jumping off the walls, but I just feel clean and fresh throughout the workout. Very focus but enjoying my time in the gym and not feeling fatigued. That's how I can best describe it I guess :)
Notes: Nothing odd to note. I would say it doesn't give me crazy dreams like some other supps, and I don't notice a huge increase in libido. However my sleeping patterns are odd with a 3 month old at home so it's hard to compare.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
looking good bro. BTW that is a crazy beard you got going in your pic :hammer:

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 (Sept. 8)

Bench Press:
5 working sets

Military Press:
5 sets

Incline Press:
3 sets

3 sets

Pushups:
3 sets

Diet: Normal as can be :) (4 Anabolic Edge )
Overall Feeling: Once again felt very strong and had great endurance. Also I think it may help with soreness. Perhaps I'm getting more used to lifting in a groove or something but I don't seem to have DOMS as bad. Then again, I haven't hit legs in a while....;)
Notes: I'm not sure if it's supposed to increase libido a ton, but I don't notice a huge change...maybe I'm getting old or something..lol. Anyway, nothing out of the ordinary to post at this time.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 14 (Sept.9)
Workout - Back/Biceps :

Modified T-Bar Row:
3 working sets ---- more on this below

Bentover Row:

Barbell Curl:
5 sets

3 sets

1/2 curls with dumbells from 90 degree and up rolling wrist in to try and get that nice peak/tightness:
2 sets

Diet: Normal. I had 5 AE today, didn't notice a ton of difference soon after.
Overall Feeling: I felt a great pump and strength on the sets that I actually did complete
Notes: I'm not blaming anyone, but for those who do it, please don't talk or try to get the attention of someone lifting, especially bent over rows or T-Bar rows.
I was lifting in my garage this time with the bar jammed in the corner doing modified T-Bar rows. I'm facing away from the door and someone opens the door and starts tapping the wall to get my attention. I continue the set until more tapping, at which point I (foolishly) turn to say "just a minute" when I feel a nice tweak in my back.
I thought I was in big trouble as I basically could not bend forward at an angle to even life 30 pounds without pain.
Being the trooper that I am :) I finish up with biceps and tried to keep good posture and set the weights on my table made of wine barrels since it was tough to bend over.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 (Sept.10)

Continuing taking the Anabolic Edge but am not lifting as it was a chore to even get our of bed today due to sore back.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 (Sept.13)

2-3 hours of yard work. Mostly trimming hedges and cleaning up. The back healed WAY better than I thought it would. It obviously was not a muscle strain and may have been some sort of out of alignment issue that may have realigned itself. Will test it out lifting heavy next week again.
Can't Wait!!!

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
First I want to sincerely apologize to Dave and Palo Alto Labs. I had some personal issues arise that basically took me away from the computer for a while. Then when I finally got my access back, I did not come back here right away as I was dissappointed with myself and embarrassed.
The good news is that I did continue to take hand notes though and will post my rantings tomorrow (Tuesday day) as it is past midnight. Again - I apologize to PAL and will be buying and running AE after the new year as well as I found it to be a VERY good supplement as I will post in my summary.

Day 21 (September 16)
Workout - Chest/Triceps :

Bench Press:
5 working sets

Incline Flys immediately into Inc.Press:
3 sets

Laying on the bench skull crushers:
3 sets

Narrow Grip Press:
3 sets

Pushups:

Diet: Normal (4 Anabolic Edge)
Overall Feeling: Feel great. Feel strong, fully rested and recovered, insane endurance.
Notes: I really like this stuff. It's hard for me to really find anything negative to say about it to be honest. Some slight weight gain - nothing huge though could just be slight fluctuation.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 23 (Sept.18)
Workout - Back/Biceps :

Bent Over Row:
5 working sets

T-Bar Row:
5 sets

Barbell Curl:
4 sets

3 sets

Diet: Standard + 4 AE
Overall Feeling: Lifts are defintely going up in weight. Also each set seems easier. Quicker recover between sets for sure! I will pay attention to recovery between workouts.
Notes: Sleep is good. Libido is good. I wouldn't say I notice a huge change in either one though. My libido has never been a problem though ;)

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 25 (Sept.20)
Workout - Cardio/Legs - Hike:

2 1/2 hour stenuous hike. Pretty decent climbs in a few areas.

Diet: A little off b/c of the weekend but overall calories were about the same....just in large meals and probably more junkfood :) + 4 AE
Overall Feeling: It has been a little while since my last hike, but I really think it helps. I was not looking forward to it as cardio has been a week point. It wasn't 1/2 as bad as anticipated.
Notes: Nothing terribly noteworthy to speak of. I did see a coyote on my hike :)

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Day 27 (Sept. 22)

Bench Press:
5 working sets

Military Press:
5 sets

Incline Press:
3 sets

3 sets

Pushups:
3 sets

Diet: Nizzormal (4 AE)
Overall Feeling: 6 days since my last chest day. I should be fully recovered and I am. I know I keep harping on it, but seriously the cardio/recovery is really noticable here!
Notes: Weight is about the same, maybe up 1-2 pounds.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Wrap Up

Pros:
Awesome recovery between sets and between lifting sessions!!
Nice strength gains.
Felt very tight, strong, yet lean. It wasn't a bloated feeling or a pudgy look.
Helped keep me focused and excited about lifting to see what the next affect would be.
Did I mention great cardio recovery during lifting and between sets :)

Cons:
Honestly I know it is helpful to a company to have some constructive feedback but I don't konw what negative to say.
I guess the smell initially is NOT good....but I got used to it and started to actually enjoy it :)
The pills were very large which might be tough for some people. But this is the tradeoff for taking only 2 pills per time as opposed to 4-5 smaller caps.

Final Notes: I want to apologize again to PAL for the huge break in the middle of the log postings. I'd probably run it for 60 days if/when I did it again as I feel like it was really in full effect towards the end.
Anabolic Edge is definitely something I'm interested in running again and would not hesitate to suggest it to a fellow lifter...whether that person is hardcore, or just looking for that extra edge.

Another huge Thank you to Palo Alto Labs for allowing me to try this product out.