SilentBob & PAL decimate September with Anabolic Edge (sponsored)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
That's right ladies and gentlemen. PAL and I are teaming up for one month of what I hope to be some pretty good growth. They have given me a bottle of their new product, Anabolic Edge to log for you all. Let's see what kind of trouble I can get in to. First off, we need to know what we're putting in our bodies:

Q. What is Anabolic Edge?

Anabolic Edge is the world’s first athletic performance enhancing product designed to promote extreme muscle growth while greatly enhancing your body’s muscle endurance. Anabolic Edge can be used alone for extreme muscle building effects or used as part of your post pro-testosterone cycle support. Users of Anabolic Edge can expect to experience impressive gains in overall athletic endurance and anabolic activity resulting in dense, lean muscle growth.

Q. What Does Anabolic Edge do?

• Designed to rapidly increase ATP and Oxygen utilization
• Increases Aerobic & Anaerobic Endurance
• Enhances your body’s ability for Aerobic & Anaerobic Recovery
• Modulates estrogenic receptors while controlling Aromatase
• Boosts Natural Testosterone Levels

Q. What sets Anabolic Edge apart from all the other natural anabolics?

Anabolic Edge works with your body to create the ultimate environment for maximum anabolic activity, enhanced energy and performance (without the use of stimulants), and increased oxygen utilization to help fuel your muscle and growth. Anabolic Edge’s anti-aromatase properties help to ensure that your testosterone production is utilized to the fullest extent without losing excess testosterone to estrogen conversion. The only way to pack on lean, dense muscle is to alter your body’s state of homeostasis towards a constant state of anabolism, thus allowing your muscles to consistently grow in size and strength rather than being broken down as a source of energy for the body.

Q. What is in Anabolic Edge?

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Servings Per Container: 60

Proprietary Blend 1586 mg †
Cordyceps Sinensis 8% Cordycepic Acid 0.4% Adenosine
Resveratrol yielding 98% Trans Resveratrol
Rhodiola Rosea. Ext 4% Rosavins
Sulbutiamine
Agaricus Bisporus Extract
Procyanadin
Ophiopogon Root

Q. How do I take Anabolic Edge?

For males under 200lbs:
For best results, take 2 tablets, 2 times per day. For best results, maintain use of Anabolic Edge for 4 to 8 weeks.
Further explanation of ingredients can be found here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/palo-alto-labs/100435-pal-introduces-anabolic.html#post1468067

Second, a little about SilentBob. I've been doing a total body circuit for about one month to create some confusion and get my muscles primed for growth in September. My intention is do work out using a 2 days on, 1 day off approach as followed:

Day 1 - Legs
Day 2 - Shoulders
Day 3 - Off
Day 4 - Chest/Tris
Day 5 - Back/Bis
Day 6 - Off

Due to having to work on Labor Day, I'm going to start my dosing on Monday and start my lifting routine on Tuesday, also gives me a day off after todays final total body workout.

I'll post my weight 1st thing in the morning. Right now I'm full of oats, wheat bread and natty pb so I'm carrying a little extra. This moves me right in to diet.

I plan on eating between 3000 and 3500 calories a day. I eat between 5 and 6 times per day. My diet primarily consists of:

Wheat Bread
Tuna
Sunflower Seeds
Apples
Natty PB
Oats
Whey
Walnuts
Fish Oil
Chicken
Beef

For the most part my diet remains fairly constant except for dinner, that varies from day to day. Just plugged in the numbers, I'm going to be eating between 550 and 700 calories per meal to accomplish my goal of 3000-3500 calories per day. :food:

A note for myself, a manageable way to do that and not alter my diet much is to stick with my can of tuna, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, apple, and 3 slices of whole wheat bread instead of 2 yielding 602 calories. :head:

It should go without saying but just in case, I'm looking to add some size while on this product. I know that one month isn't a long period of time, but I should be able to determine whether or not this product is aiding me in my goal.

What else am I taking while on Anabolic Edge:

Animal Pak
Anabolic Pump
Cold Fusion (about 1-2 weeks left)
Xtend
Beta Alanine
Fish oil
Gut Health
Noxidant

Welcome to the fray. Don't mind the goats.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
8-31-08

There's a lot of room for improvement, there's always room for improvement.

Last edited:
Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
let the games begin.

Last edited:
Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
reserved: for my overall opinion of the log once it's finished.

Hank’s Final Review of SilentBob’s Anabolic Edge Log

Workout and diet summaries: A+
Gotta give it up to bob, he logged every-frickin-thing! Reading his log you know exactly how many sets of keggles he did, how much rest he takes between sets, and if he did them unassisted. His workouts and diet looked kick ass! He logged almost daily. Truly impressive.

Product feedback: B+

I don't doubt that anabolic edge is an awesome product. the ingredient profile is sick! Bob's before and after photos were good. At least we all know that Bob isn’t some pussy who won’t show his face. But the review was lacking in any changes or improvement measures. Your imagination can run wild wondering if bob gained or lost weight, got stronger or weaker. It sounds like he experienced some endurance, but we all want to be huge and ripped! For this reason I give his product feedback a B.

Mindless Banter: B
Bob is one of the wittiest and most entertaining guys on the forum. Just his mere presence gives this category a solid B. it would have scored an A but there just wasn’t enough quality hijacks.

Cow Bell: C
We did get a string of cowbell posts but WE NEED MORE COWBELL!

Hot Chicks: D+
Don’t get me wrong, I truly appreciated the beautiful scantily clad women strewn about this thread. However, none of them were for ME!!! They mostly went to trauma. Dadams got a few and crader got a token male. I realize that trauma needs a lot of beautiful women, but he hogged them all!

Overall grade: B

Last edited:
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
sub'd.. best of luck on this run!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks interesting. Rosie's in :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
yo ho ho and a bottle of.....ugh...no drinking on log huh?

I am here :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
9-2-08, Day 2: Legs
5 minutes cardio (warmup)
5 minutes stretching
Squats: 135x10, 155x8, 175x8, 195x8
Gironda Leg Curls: 100x10, 110x10, 120x10, 130x10
Calf Raises: 150x10, 210x10, 255x10, 255x10
Walking Lunges: 20 steps (40lb,) 20 steps (60lb,) 20 steps (80lb,) 14 steps (80lb)
15 minutes HIIT bike
5 minutes stretching

Dietary Totals (as of 6:30pm)
Meal 1:
2 cups skim milk
1 cup oats
1 scoop whey

Meal 2:
3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
4 slices whole wheat bread
2 tbsp EVOO based butter

PostWO:
50g wms
20g xtend

15 minutes later:
1 cup oats
2 scoops whey

Meal 4:
1 can tuna
2 cups skim milk
3 slices whole wheat bread

Meal 5:
Lasagna

Meal 6:
1 scoop Milk protein isolate
1/4 cup walnuts

Totals:
3352 calories
264g protein
322g carbs (37 fiber)
112g fat (41 poly/27 mono)

Narrative:
I'm clearly not done eating yet, just wanted to give you all a glimpse in to how I organize my logs. Today was the 2nd day of Anabolic Edge and the 1st day of training w/ AE. Tomorrow is going to be shoulders. I can wait to destroy my rear delts. :twisted:

Song of the Day:
Let's start this party with a bang!
Kamelot - When the Lights are Down

Hot chicks for Trauma:
Straight bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s.

Last edited:
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I loved that song a lot...until the singer kicked in.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL I love you guys, always good for a laugh during a rough day:)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
9-3-08, Day 3: Shoulders
warmup 5 minute bike
Arnold Press: 20x10, 30x10 (warmup)

DB Shoulder Press: 40x10, 50x10, 60x10, 70x3+45x7
super-setted with
Lateral Raises: 10x10, 10x10, 15x7+10x3, 10x8+5x2
super-setted with
Rear Delt Raises: 10x10, 10x10, 15x8+10x2, 10x10

Shrugs(Backward Rotation): 30x10, 30x10, 30x10, 30x10
super-setted with
Shrugs(Forward Rotation): 30x10, 30x10, 30x10, 30x10
super-setted with
Shrugs: 30x10, 30x10, 30x10, 30x10

Military(Smith machine): 135x10, 135x8, 135x8, 135x8

Facepulls: 25x10, 30x10, 35x10, 40x10

Bradford Press: 50x10, 60x10, 70x10, 80x10

15 minutes HIIT bike
5 minutes stretching

Dietary Totals

Meal 1:
1 cup oats
2 cups whole milk
1 scoop whey isolate

Meal 2:
3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
4 slices whole wheat bread
2tbsp EVOO butter

Post W/O
50g WMS
20g xtend

15 minutes later
1 cup oats
2 scoops whey isolate

Meal 4:
Lean Body Gold bar

Meal 5:
8oz Ribeye
1 small baked potato
1 cup green beans

Meal 6:
1 scoop Milk Protein Isolate
1/3 cup walnuts

Totals:
3246 calories
265protein
299g carbs (40 fiber)
110g fat (35poly/31mono)

Narrative:
My glutes/hams are all sorts of sore. Walking lunges definately letting me know that I hadn't done them in a month. I can't say that I'm noticing anything from Anabolic Edge yet, but then again it's still very early in this log.

As for the rest of this evening, a lot of food to go and a lot of rest. Naturally, I will update my dietary totals as the evening progresses.

Song of the Day:
Edguy - Under The Moon

Something for crader:

Hot chicks for Trauma:

Last edited:
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Woohoo I get guy pics!

How is the diet going. I noticed now with mine that even after eating veggie carbs that I get super hot for an hour or so.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Diet's good. I'm gonna have to start throwing some greens pills back in since I always forget my veggies when I'm not at work (I've had off the last 6 days, no including labor day)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Six days huh, you lucky guy. I would kill for time off to get the house in order for fall.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong starting two exercises. Some people like to super-set or drop-set toward the end as a burn out, but I put them in the forefront because they require the most out of me, so it makes the most sense .

That's a nasty triple compound set, I've done something along those lines, it requires a lot of mental toughness aside from strength & stamina.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Strong starting two exercises. Some people like to super-set or drop-set toward the end as a burn out, but I put them in the forefront because they require the most out of me, so it makes the most sense .

That's a nasty triple compound set, I've done something along those lines, it requires a lot of mental toughness aside from strength & stamina.
It sucks, I'm not gonna lie. I think Mellancamp said it best, hurts so good. My delts were on fire when I started those shrugs. It was great!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sucks, I'm not gonna lie. I think Mellancamp said it best, hurts so good. My delts were on fire when I started those shrugs. It was great!
I love combining shoulders with traps. I normally combine traps with back, but on occasion I do them with shoulders and its actually a prime preference.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Updated diet. Dead on balls accurate 2 days in a row, right between 3000 and 3500, booya!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like my hot chicks, but the dudes need to go!!!! ;)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That huge eye ball is really cool, yet really creepy, yet really cool.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
9-4-08 Day 4: Off
Dietary Totals:

Meal 1:
1 cup oats
2 scoops whey isolate
1 fitsmart bar

Meal 2:
1 can tuna
1 apple

Meal 3:
1 can tuna
0.25 sunflower seeds
6 cups spinach
1 apple

Meal 4:
1 can tuna
0.25 sunflower seeds
6 cups spinach
1 apple

Meal 5:
3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
2tbsp fish oil

Totals:
3099 calories
247 protein
287 carbs (67 fiber)
107 fat (46poly/27mono)

Narrative:
I ate big today for being a day off of training :) 3000+ calories. Look at that fiber, 67g! I'm gonna be all sorts of regular in the morning.

Sunflower seeds are incredible if you didn't know. They have a similar nutritional profile to walnuts, a higher amino acid score, AND they cost substantially less than walnuts. A bag with 16 servings of sunflower seeds costs about 2 bucks whereas the same size bag of walnuts costs over 6 dollars! The kind I get are unsalted so they have no sodium, but they do make a salted version as well if you prefer. They have fewer omega 3s than walnuts but it's all relative when you're blitzing your system with fish oil.

Tomorrow I know I have listed as being chest, however I feel I would be doing my body a favor to have tomorrow as back day. The way I see it, by placing back day tomorrow it maximizes the distance between leg day (squats) and back day (deads.) If anyone sees a problem with this please let me know. My legs were all better today, however my neck is killing me. Stoopid shrugs, at least I know they did something.

Song of the Day:
Disturbed - Down with the Sickness

OOOOWAHAHAHAH!!!

Hot chicks for Trauma:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again bob... T1 is getting all the chicks... WTF? Of course that seems to be T1's life... getting all the chicks.

Adams

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Bonus Hot Chick for Needy 'Legends' :lol:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
9-5-08 Day 5: Back
5 minutes elliptical

Assisted Pullups: 10(+55lb), 10(+40lb), 8(+25lb), 6(+25lb)
SLDL: 135x10, 155x10, 175x10, 135x10
Hammer Strength Low Rows: 90x10, 110x10, 140x10, 160x10
Assisted Chinups: 9(unassisted), 8(+25lb), 6(+40lb), 8(+55lb)
Good Mornings: 45x10, 65x10, 95x10, 115x10

Seated Incline Curls: 25x10, 25x10
super-setted with
Straight Bar Curls: 25x10, 25x10

Hammer Curls: 25x10

15 minutes HIIT bike
5 minutes stretching

Dietary Totals

Meal 1:
1 cup oats
2 cups skim milk
1 scoop whey isolate

Meal 2:
1 can tuna
1 apple

Meal 3:
1 can tuna
0.25 cup sunflower seeds
6 cups spinach
1 apple

Meal 4:
1 can tuna
0.25 cup sunflower seeds
1 apple

Post W/O
50g wms
20g Xtend

15 Miuntes Later
1 cup oats
2 scoops whey isolate

Totals:
2902 calories
235g protein
297g carbs (62 fiber)
86g fat (41poly/17mono)

Narrative:
Today I felt like I left the gym early. I was in there for about 2 hours, but I didn't feel 'spent' like I normally do. Especially after a back day. I didn't go heavy on SLDL cause it was my first day back doing those for multiple sets.

One of the folks in the gym is a pro bodybuilder, came up and told me my form was perfect on em. Yeah, that made me feel pretty damn good.

Anyway, after my lift, I felt like I coulda lifted for a lot longer, but I knew I'd already been in there for too long so I forced myself to leave. Could the Anabolic Edge be kicking in?

Diet is almost done for the day, prolly have a milk isolate shake here in a little bit + some walnuts or something. I figure the shake will put me at 3000 and the walnuts will just be gravy to pad my calories. :)

Something I noticed in Hanks log. I should let it be known that this is how I normally eat. I'm not trying to make it look 'better' for the sake of the log. I've spent several months adjusting my lifestyle/eating habits to get to a point that is minimal in-so-far as protein shakes and getting most of my nutrition from whole foods.

I'm sure I'll get tired of tuna, but it's still one of the cheapest/convenient sources of protein available. Maybe I'll start adding mustard to it when it gets boring. Heck, putting it on bread added more life to it. I used to strictly eat it straight from the can.

Song of the Day:
Run DMC - It's Tricky

Hot Chicks for Trauma AND DAdams:

Last edited:
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
9-6-08 Day 6:Chest
DB Incline Chest Press: 40x10, 60x10, 65x10, 70x10, 75x10
super-setted with
DB Incline Flies: 15x10, 20x10, 20x10, 20x10, 20x10

DB Bench Press: 50x10
super-setted with
DB Flies: 20x10

Hammer Iso Decline: 150x10, 180x10, 230x10, 270x8
super-setted with
DB Decline Flies: 20x10, 20x10, 20x10, 20x10

Skull Crushers: 50x10, 60x10, 70x9
super-setted with
Close Grip Bench: 50x10, 60x10, 70x10
super-setted with
Dips: 10, 10, 10

Cable Cross Overs (High to Low): 15x10, 15x10
Cable Cross Overs (Low to High): 15x10, 15x8

15 minutes HIIT bike
5 minutes stretching

Dietary Totals

Meal 1:
1 cup oats
2 cups skim milk
1 scoop whey isolate

Meal 2:
1 Probar

Meal 3:
1 can tuna
3 cups spinach
0.25 cup sunflower seeds

Post W/O:
50g WMS
20g Xtend

15 minutes later:
1 cup oats
2 scoops whey isolate

Meal 5:
4 tbsp natty pb

Meal 6:
6oz Chicken Breast
1/2 cup rice
2 tbsp fish oil

Totals
3359 calories
244g protein
301g carbs (48fiber)
131g fat (41poly/39mono)

Narrative:
Wow. It felt great to do a full day of chest again. My numbers suck, I was all sorts of weak. It's good to be back!

My pecs and triceps were so tight today though during the lift. Recovery is gonna be great :)

I think that week two is gonna shine for Anabolic Edge, now that I'm back in the rhythm. :dance:

We're having chicken for dinner, ye-yeah! SHAKE AND BAKE! THAT JUST HAPPENED!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wacmF9_6WqU"]YouTube - Talladega Nights - Shake 'n' Bake[/ame]

Song of the Day:
Mudvayne - Not Falling
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFYgt1oePwY"]YouTube - Mudvayne - Not Falling[/nomedia]

Hot Chicks for T1 & DA:

Last edited:
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Log layout looks good.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Whoa! How have I been missing this epic journey!?

Bob... I am here. Everything is okay now.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Log layout looks good.
Thanks Rosie!

Whoa! How have I been missing this epic journey!?

Bob... I am here. Everything is okay now.
...Time to get naked and start the revolution?

Officially the sexiest Log on AM
^ See above...

Alright, updated diet. 3359 calories, booyah. Fiber was a little low today, still about 35, but low to me.
Tomorrow I'm gonna get some school work done and go to the grocery store. I need more tuna, spinach, sunflower seeds, and probably some apples.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Alright, updated diet. 3359 calories, booyah. Fiber was a little low today, still about 35, but low to me.
Tomorrow I'm gonna get some school work done and go to the grocery store. I need more tuna, spinach, sunflower seeds, and probably some apples.
yeah, your diet looks :head:

however, looks like you forgot to log the small children you eat.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
however, looks like you forgot to log the small children you eat.
No one is supposed to know about that! So much for this town, gotta run! Giggity giggity!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
9-7-08 Day 7: Off
Dietary Totals

Meal 1:
1 cup oats
2 cups skim milk
1 scoop whey isolate

Meal 2:
digorno thin crust
2 tbsp psyllium

Meal 3:
4 tbsp natty pb

Meal 4:
Fitsmart bar

Meal 5:
8oz steak
1 potato (medium)

Meal 6:
1 scoop milk protein isolate
2 tbsp fish oil

Totals:
3275 calories
193g protein
322g carbs (70fiber)
135g fat (25poly/42mono)

Narrative:
The word of the day was, and still is, DOMS. My chest is so sore! This is ridiculous. Thank goodness I'm not doing chest again until Friday at the earliest. Since it was an off day, no ladies and no music. :(

That's right, I had some Digorno pizza Sunday. I had half of it last week before I started the log and finished it off yesterday. Cheating is fun! Of course, to keep from having too much fun I chased it with 2tbsp of psyllium. I never made it to the grocery store, so I'll have to go this morning before work (gotta stock the break room :) )

Today is legs, should be fun! Mahna Mahna!!!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevYBsShxNs"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
with heavy thanks going to my girlfriend's daughter...i've seen that video more in the last 2 months than I ever cared to, haha

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
<----- Is frightened by that video.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
9-8-08 Day 8: Legs
5min cardio
5min stretching
Squats: 45x10, 135x10, 155x10, 175x10, 195x10
Gironda Leg Curls: 100x10, 110x10, 100x8, 80x10
wtf? Narrative.

15 minutes HIIT bike

Dietary Totals:

Meal 1
2 cups skim milk
1 cup oats
1 scoop ATW

Meal 2
1 can tuna
1 apple
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Meal 3
1 can tuna
1 apple
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
3 cups spinach

Meal 4
1 can tuna
1 apple
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Post W/O
50g WMS
20g Xtend

Meal 5
5 ATJ Protein Recovery Balls

Meal 6
3 whole eggs
3 egg whites
2 tbsp fish oil

Totals:
3315 calories
244g protein
326g carbs (54fiber)
115g fat (48poly/23mono)

Narrative:
Yeah, so I definately pulled/tweaked/whatever-ed a muscle in my lower back. Leg Curls felt like something bad was going to happen if I continued with my workout (calf raises, walking lunges) so I just hopped on a bike and kept my back firm against the seat. Sorry about wasting a leg day ya'll. Better than wasting the rest of the log though.

Definately gonna take some glutamine/enzymes(systemic) before I go to bed, gonna try and get this evil out of me. It doesn't hurt right now, and hasn't hurt since the lift, but I know it's there...waiting for me to tempt fate.

Again, I appologize for a sh*tty lift.

Tomorrow is shoulders. Not fatiguing myself today means I can push myself harder tomorrow!

Oh yeah, I meant to add a few days ago: when the log started I weighed 190lb. Still weighing 190 first thing in the mornings.

Song of the Day:
Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rs64Uahs10"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Gwen of the Day: