USP Prime Log

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
Right now, I am about in the 5th week of PCT for a 7 week cycle of M5aa/Trenx/Superdrol. I started at about 181, and am now at 192. With my highest weight being 195 at the end of my cycle.

The purpose of my cycle was jump improvement, and that is also my primary training goal right now. Strength increases will be primarily judged on the squat and bench press. Currently my vertical is 28" and at 5'11" I get just high enough to miss dunking. If this log goes as well as the official testers, my squat should increase enough to dunk.

I do expect strength increases due to the length of time I am away from my cycle and the number of supplements I have already been taking. I currently take Fish Oil, 7-OH, Green Tea Extract, NAC, Milk Thistle, Clomid/Nolva, Divanex, a multivitamin and am just finishing my bottle of Anabolic Pump.

My 2 bottles have arrived by mail and I am ready to roll.

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
After taking the first dose, I AM HUGE. My arms are pumped, I feel jacked, energy is out of control. MY LIFTS ARE UP 20%!!!!!

J/K, This rest of this log will be serious. I just hope the hype is real.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck this should be good and its nice to see a log pop up already!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Subscribing. I ordered 2 bottles myself and plan to roll it into my PCT after my 6 week Epistane cycle. You planning the 5on/2off approach or everyday scenario> Also, how many pills per day are you planning?

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
I plan to take 6 a day. I will probably be haphazard about taking days off. After the first two weeks, which I will take everyday to get it in my system, I will probably take 1 or 2 days off each week.

I plan on doing 2 upper body workouts a week, 1 leg day and 1 day of plyometrics. If I have time, I may do a 2nd leg day of different excercises or a 2nd plyometric day. I am not too worried about overtraining on Prime. I am skeptical of the writeup's reason for taking days off. Since my gym is far from my job, I won't be too tempted to train everyday. Also, shouldn't prime help recovery? It would be necessary to take it on off days.

remma777

Awards
good luck. if your trying to increase vertical there are other things you could do that would give you a few inches. squats are not really the best barometer. in hs i knew guys who couldnt squat 135 lbs but could jump out of the building. fwiw i used those strength shoes and it helped quiet a bit but that was in the mid late 90's they may have something better and cheaper. hopefully prime is a great product. the write up actually was not impressive to me at all. when the key ingredient was trib whatever i was skeptical. oh well. good luck.

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
good luck. if your trying to increase vertical there are other things you could do that would give you a few inches. squats are not really the best barometer. in hs i knew guys who couldnt squat 135 lbs but could jump out of the building. fwiw i used those strength shoes and it helped quiet a bit but that was in the mid late 90's they may have something better and cheaper. hopefully prime is a great product. the write up actually was not impressive to me at all. when the key ingredient was trib whatever i was skeptical. oh well. good luck.
I just finished a vertical jump program of 12 weeks. Improving from 25-28 inches with depth jumps, shock drops and all. Jump is Squat strength + plyometric ability. If you have great reactive strength, you can get a lot out of very little power. Still, better squat gives you a higher ceiling. That's why the fastest runners and highest jumpers commonly squat 3 times their bodyweight.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
In for a PRIME log...............

I hope you keep it real.

There is no magic pill........ If there was, it wouldnt be 30 bucks a bottle.........

Not saying Prime wont work.......Just stating, seems quite of few logs appear to contain a heavy portion or two of embellishment.

Good luck jumpin for the sky.

BTW, my bottles of prime arrived today. :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
subbbed .. gonna run my own log starting monday !

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
1. Subbed for a fellow vertical trainer.
2. I'm assuming you rocked out on plyometrics during the SD cycle?
3. Interested to see how Prime stacks up against the steroid cycle.
4. Hit me up if you want to switch up your training program, I'm currently following the Vertical Jump Bible from Kelly Baggett, and at 6'2" with a 33", I'm throwing down on fools. Probably raised my vertical at least 3-4 inches.

remma777

Awards
I just finished a vertical jump program of 12 weeks. Improving from 25-28 inches with depth jumps, shock drops and all. Jump is Squat strength + plyometric ability. If you have great reactive strength, you can get a lot out of very little power. Still, better squat gives you a higher ceiling. That's why the fastest runners and highest jumpers commonly squat 3 times their bodyweight.
i totally agree with you man. i just remember in hs and college that i used to play ball with this guys with chicken legs and they could jump a bit higher than me. I was squatting and doing all that **** you are doing now but i wasnt getting up as high as them. i am 6'3 and had a 33-34 inch vert. these ****ers at 38-40. but it is all good. i could jump pretty damn high for a vanilla face. anyways good luck to you i hope prime helps you achieve your goals. i will be watching this one for sure. stay classy

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best of luck buddy...

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
1. Subbed for a fellow vertical trainer.
2. I'm assuming you rocked out on plyometrics during the SD cycle?
3. Interested to see how Prime stacks up against the steroid cycle.
4. Hit me up if you want to switch up your training program, I'm currently following the Vertical Jump Bible from Kelly Baggett, and at 6'2" with a 33", I'm throwing down on fools. Probably raised my vertical at least 3-4 inches.
I was actually doing the Beginner program from the VBJ. I sprained my knee in the 2nd to last week. My squat is 325 for 3 reps ever since I stopped using a knee brace.

Right now, I am kind of on the Time Effciency program. I did ankle bounces, knees to chest, power skipping, and deep, rhymic lunges in the pool while rehabbing. Now I am looking to go to advanced excercises I can do in the yard at home. 1-leg step up jumps, shock drops, and sprinting.

I do think that I got better results on the end of my cycle and during my PCT with USP's Anabolic Pump. I am almost out of it right now, I purchased during the sale and don't feel like parting with $50+. I am starting to run out of protein, so a Nutraplanet order will probably come this week. Probably Muscle Milk and Casien. On the bubble is a 2nd bottle of Divanex and more NAC. My strength has remained through the first four weeks of PCT and I think AP, Divanex and 7-OH have a lot to do with that. I don't think that I am asking too much from Prime considering that a small strength increase combined with better plyometric ability should give me the 2 inches I need.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I was actually doing the Beginner program from the VBJ. I sprained my knee in the 2nd to last week. My squat is 325 for 3 reps ever since I stopped using a knee brace.

Right now, I am kind of on the Time Effciency program. I did ankle bounces, knees to chest, power skipping, and deep, rhymic lunges in the pool while rehabbing. Now I am looking to go to advanced excercises I can do in the yard at home. 1-leg step up jumps, shock drops, and sprinting.

I do think that I got better results on the end of my cycle and during my PCT with USP's Anabolic Pump. I am almost out of it right now, I purchased during the sale and don't feel like parting with $50+. I am starting to run out of protein, so a Nutraplanet order will probably come this week. Probably Muscle Milk and Casien. On the bubble is a 2nd bottle of Divanex and more NAC. My strength has remained through the first four weeks of PCT and I think AP, Divanex and 7-OH have a lot to do with that. I don't think that I am asking too much from Prime considering that a small strength increase combined with better plyometric ability should give me the 2 inches I need.
If you can handle the ball, 2 inches may be all you need. I remember being so frustrated about a year ago, because I could grab and hold with two hands on a standing jump, but couldn't throw it down because I couldn't control the ball. Luckily, something clicked/my hands got larger, and I'm able to dunk with ease now.

Check out jump squatting if you're into squatting and plyos...they beat the s*** out of the back squat, IMO.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
BTW, save your money and don't buy casein protein. Drink more milk instead; the protein content of milk is composed of 80% casein. I'd go for Drive/RPM as the replacement supplement.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sub

BB12

BB12

Awards
  • Established
sub'd.. best of luck

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Watching this, should be grounds for some interesting comparisons here.

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
subd to this. Started my prime yesterday so wanna see what everyone thinks.

dafox

Awards
  • Established
subbed... got mine in the mail today, but am waiting a whole month and a half to start :head: some pretty big claims on the box the bottle came in

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
dafox, those claims will still be there in a month in a half, u might as well hit it hard

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
Not really noticing anything for cardio today. Made an order for Muscle Milk and Divanex today, right in time b/c the Divanex is now sold out!

Either tomorrow or Thursday, I will do a workout consisting of mostly jump squats and plyometric drills. I am hoping from week to week I will be able to shave days here and there so that I can work legs more often. Not expecting to see any results these first two weeks, so I will probably give myself more recovery time until PCT is over. I sure would like to see some of those claims of needing to take days off from Prime to keep from working out, I am feeling the hangover from the long weekend. Energy was high going in, down in the dumps now.

I couldn't possibly wait to try Prime. I need to know if it works. I'd rather try it fresh now and have the experince of testing a mystery substance. If I waited, then I might be more angry if it didn't work and it would probably go into the back of the cabinet. Of course, if it works then I'm glad I started early and I would be happy to buy more.

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
Jump Squats went well today. Little rough on my previously injured knee. Both scales were removed at my gym, so I have no idea what I weigh.

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
Weight is at 193, good workouts this week, strength remained about the same. Libido is up from the Divanex. I do feel more willing to chalenge myself. After jump squats I wanted to do some olympic squats just to see if I could get up to my max. Of course, I have been focusing on my legs for a while and need to stay with my design for this to be a light week.

I will probably move legs up earlier in the week and do 2 days of legs with 10-12 sets each day. Chest day was pretty good, got a great pump, but I have been getting big time pumps for a while now.

Noticing a little appetite increase, but this weeks schedule has been hectic. Food intake is a little down and I missed a dose last night due to falling asleep early. When taking into account that this could happen in the future, I will take Prime everyday. 2 bottles should be 40 days and by then I will either gladly pay the $50 to stay on or discontinue.

So far I am very happy with my PCT. My reduced workload has helped to maintain my strength and I would love to stay above 190 until I decide to cut.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Cx3,

What kind of reps you working on with the squats? Lay that leg training out here so we can see it. For your size I think you could easily put another 75-100lbs on that squat.

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
I have a metal rod in my right leg, so my legs have lagged behind. I used to do a bodybuilding-type routine. Close-stance squats, high reps (10-12) and 10 sets of isolation excercises.

Every since I dropped both reps and sets for jump training, I have been making progress, but I am careful when raising the loads. My working set is 325 for 5 reps, for 4 sets. This is a wide stance, olympic squat, legs below parallel, but not ATG. My leg press is about 1000 pounds for 4 reps.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Does the rod in your leg limit you? 325x4x5 is some decent squatting for anyone. I was thinking it was your 1RM for some reason.

Have you ever tried any bottom postion squats? Everytime I have used them in the past my squat increased and since I have been dealing with some knee pain they are what I am using exclusively. I am also using singles for basically all of my sets.

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
I have trouble powering out of the bottom when doing ATG, even at low weights. Also, my vertical off my bad leg is terrible. Probably 12" for a one legged takeoff. My vertical for the other leg and a two leg jump is what I do by.

Do I need a smith machine or is a possible to do these squats from a power rack?

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never heard or seen anyone do bottom squats before but I just looked it up and it looks like it would be good to throw in every couple of weeks.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Here is a few vids of yours truly to just get a visual. I use a power rack. I have used homemade saw horses before I had my rack to do these. I don't really like the thoughts of a smith machine for anything but I guess it could work, but its just not going to be the same.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZYn33LdK0"]YouTube - Partial Pin Squat- 440lbsx1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFLNIIoCLSs"]YouTube - Partial Pin Squat- 405x5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8kdSf7jmQ"]YouTube - Partial Pin Squats- 315[/ame]

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are trying to build power out of the hole, you may want to consider taking the pins down a notch or two to assure you are at least getting to depth.

Best of luck!

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
My pins have me starting right around parallel. If I dropped the pins down to the next hole in my rack I'd never get under it. For me the hole isn't really the problem, its the area where I start the pin squats. Watch this lift from a few months back and you'll see the slow down point for me.

YouTube - Raw Squat 455lbs

Your advice may be spot on for Triple C though. If he has access to a rack that he can get down pretty low it may be worth the effort. But in reality you can't beat the simple plain old squat.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You ever try high box squats?

Triple Cs

Triple Cs

Awards
Box Squats today. Definately noticing a mental edge. Maxed out at 365, without a knee brace or any other equipment. My best workout before spraining my knee was 325x5 for 4 sets on free squat. For box squats, I did 325x5 and 365x2 for 2 sets, but with some assistance for the second rep on each set. Should I be able to free squat more than 365 or does box=free?

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
Well it depends on several things, but mainly it depends on box height. If you are on a high box its not going to be comparable to a full ATG free squat, its going to be more than the free squat. But, a low box will probably be a bit lower than the free squats. Box squats are tough and work great, but be aware that if you box squat for awhile and do no free squatting it may take you a bit to see the carry over. Although some people see it instantly.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
If you are trying to build power out of the hole, you may want to consider taking the pins down a notch or two to assure you are at least getting to depth.

Best of luck!
Thats some impressive weight...........it would crush me......

but its not what i consider ATG.........

My atg is this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWTmg4dHiKg"]YouTube - How to do the Asian squat[/ame]

im at 185 on the bar and its hard coming out the hole for me. If one can get to impressive weights with this form its all gravy.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ nice video!