Mordecai22 Animal Pump Vs. Shock Therapy Log

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Hey guys another lucky one of getting to sample the Animal Pump vs. Shock therapy Supps. I messed up yesterday and didn't realize we were supposed to take Animal first so i ended up taking shock. I will save that review for later.

As for Today with Pump. I took on my drive to the gym about 40 minutes prior to getting there at 6:15 AM. Today was leg day today for me. While when i arrived i didn't notice any excess energy or pump once i started lifting i did notice a good focus on all my movements. Definitely a plus for me. I could really feel and focus on my quads and hamstrings. It just provided a really good mental focus. I didn't feel much pump but i rarely ever do on legs. Unfortunately I had to skip calves today and will make them up tomorrow.

Another plus is that the Focus is carrying over to work and I able to get a ton done right now!

I will update again tomorrow as well. I usually try to get to the gym Monday - Friday taking off Saturday and Sunday.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Can't wait to see how this turns out.:thumbsup:

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Day 2 of Animal....went great. Today I worked out Biceps, abs and tossed in my calf workout that I wasn't able to fit in yesterday. I have to say the focus that i saw again today is great. I really don't have trouble with concentration and focus on biceps but today was just a little extra and could feel a really good pump. Same goes with Calves. Where i noticed it the most was doing abs. I was really able to hold my abs tight through the entire motion and feel the entire movement. I have to stay it was definitely up there with one of the best ab workouts i have ever had.

Again as yesterday the focus has carried over to work. To reflect back on yesterday i could really tell a difference in focus into the early afternoon. The same as yesterday I took Pump at 6:15 AM and got to the gym at 7. So for the focus to last into the afternoon I was definitely pleased.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Day 2 of Animal....went great. Today I worked out Biceps, abs and tossed in my calf workout that I wasn't able to fit in yesterday. I have to say the focus that i saw again today is great. I really don't have trouble with concentration and focus on biceps but today was just a little extra and could feel a really good pump. Same goes with Calves. Where i noticed it the most was doing abs. I was really able to hold my abs tight through the entire motion and feel the entire movement. I have to stay it was definitely up there with one of the best ab workouts i have ever had.

Again as yesterday the focus has carried over to work. To reflect back on yesterday i could really tell a difference in focus into the early afternoon. The same as yesterday I took Pump at 6:15 AM and got to the gym at 7. So for the focus to last into the afternoon I was definitely pleased.
Solid. With Animal Pump, people often talk about the "pump". But for me, the pump is often more about variables outside of the supp. What I really like about the product is what you're describing--the added "focus".

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Day 3 on Pump. My workout today just consisted of Shoulders and a some cardio. I have to say i didn't really feel the focus and concentration today that I had felt the previous 2 days. I don't want to rush and say Pump wasn't working as I have been under some stress lately with work and accepting a new job yesterday. So most likely the stress is just taking it's toll my body. I was able to eek out an extra rep or two though so I'll give it credit there. As with the previous 2 days I took Animal Pump at 6:15 AM and arrived at the gym at 7. As I write this the focus and concentration I have had the previous 2 days is the same at work. Kudos for that. It has made the days fly by.

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
My apologies as apparently I didn't post Day 4 last week so i'll do a quick summary here. I didn't have a real intense workout on Friday i just needed to finish out the week so I worked Triceps, abs and tossed in a couple sets on Bi's since i had some extra time. I did seem to have a little more energy on Friday but nothing like the energy from a NO product. The focus and ability to really push through for a couple extra reps was great as it was all week. I can really see Animal really becoming a regular product for me.

Okay now on to Day 5 of PUMP! Wow! I had such a great workout this morning. I went heavy on chest and back. Coming off 4 weeks of doing supersets and going back to heavy i was a little worried. But i have to say i was able to really push some weight around this morning with the focus I have come to love from Animal Pump. I have an energy today that I haven't felt in a long time. I didn't want to leave the gym this morning. I am so thankful I got chosen for this comparison after 5 days of Animal Pump. The mental focus that continues on into the day is just the icing on the cake. In 5 days i never felt like I was just going through the motions at the gym. I always felt focused and like i was getting a great workout. Tomorrow I will start up on Shock Therapy.

One more thing day 4 and 5 I took Pump the same as the previous 3 days. At 6:15 AM and then got to the gym at 7.

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
How did the job thing go?

Everything went great for the job. I accepted the new job last week and put my 2 weeks in at my current job on Friday. Now only 2 more weeks of driving 164 miles a day. It will be so nice to have a 25 minute commute and an extra 2 hours a day. Now i just need to find a new gym. Thanks for asking.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Everything went great for the job. I accepted the new job last week and put my 2 weeks in at my current job on Friday. Now only 2 more weeks of driving 164 miles a day. It will be so nice to have a 25 minute commute and an extra 2 hours a day. Now i just need to find a new gym. Thanks for asking.
Awesome brother, congrats. Ouch--164 miles. Shorter commute means less stress and more time to eat and hammer the iron--what it's all about.

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
It's Shock Time! Let me start by saying this was really day 2 of Shock Therapy as I didn't know Universal Wanted us to run pump first till after I took it that morning. So I will post both day 1 and 2 here.

Day 1 of Shock Therapy.
I took shock therapy for the first time on 8-25-08 last monday. I have to say at first I loved the energy I got from it. I took it about 30 minutes prior to hitting the gym and was ready to go when i got there. I worked chest and back that day. Everything was good till i started lifting. I felt very jittery and unfocused. It really hindered my workout. I just couldn't seem to push through the excess energy and jitteriness that I had from Shock. It just felt like every thing I worked for chest i was going to drop almost. For my back more of the same. I was just shakey if that makes sense the whole time i was lifting. Now I don't have much caffeine in my diet so that may play a roll in how it affected me. Other than a cup of coffee in the morning it's usually water the rest of the day for me. I was really put off after my first use of shock.

Day 2
This morning was my 2nd day of shock and i have to say it was a much better experience than the first day. I was very skeptical this morning as I drank it down. I mixed the Shock with Glycergrow which was great as it flavored the GG up nicely. I really like it being a powder as opposed to taking a handful of pills. Especially while trying to drive. I drank it down 40 minutes to hitting the gym this morning. The grape is tasty. It gave me a good energy in this gym this morning as I worked my shoulders and abs. I didn't experience the jitteriness I did on my first day. I can't say that i felt as focused as I did on pump though either. I don't want to say that was Shock's fault at this point though. I am starting a new program this week and i went a little heavier on a few sets than i should have and I think that really played a big roll in the focus but on the other hand I had some good energy this morning to really push on the heavier weights. So far at work I don't feel particularly focused but not scatterbrained with too much energy either. At this point I am looking forward to tomorrow's leg workout to see how Shock holds up there. I will post my workout for today on my log as soon as I get a chance. I can't believe they expect me to work while i am at work. Seems a little drastic to me.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
It's Shock Time! Let me start by saying this was really day 2 of Shock Therapy as I didn't know Universal Wanted us to run pump first till after I took it that morning. So I will post both day 1 and 2 here.

Day 1 of Shock Therapy.
I took shock therapy for the first time on 8-25-08 last monday. I have to say at first I loved the energy I got from it. I took it about 30 minutes prior to hitting the gym and was ready to go when i got there. I worked chest and back that day. Everything was good till i started lifting. I felt very jittery and unfocused. It really hindered my workout. I just couldn't seem to push through the excess energy and jitteriness that I had from Shock. It just felt like every thing I worked for chest i was going to drop almost. For my back more of the same. I was just shakey if that makes sense the whole time i was lifting. Now I don't have much caffeine in my diet so that may play a roll in how it affected me. Other than a cup of coffee in the morning it's usually water the rest of the day for me. I was really put off after my first use of shock.

Day 2
This morning was my 2nd day of shock and i have to say it was a much better experience than the first day. I was very skeptical this morning as I drank it down. I mixed the Shock with Glycergrow which was great as it flavored the GG up nicely. I really like it being a powder as opposed to taking a handful of pills. Especially while trying to drive. I drank it down 40 minutes to hitting the gym this morning. The grape is tasty. It gave me a good energy in this gym this morning as I worked my shoulders and abs. I didn't experience the jitteriness I did on my first day. I can't say that i felt as focused as I did on pump though either. I don't want to say that was Shock's fault at this point though. I am starting a new program this week and i went a little heavier on a few sets than i should have and I think that really played a big roll in the focus but on the other hand I had some good energy this morning to really push on the heavier weights. So far at work I don't feel particularly focused but not scatterbrained with too much energy either. At this point I am looking forward to tomorrow's leg workout to see how Shock holds up there. I will post my workout for today on my log as soon as I get a chance. I can't believe they expect me to work while i am at work. Seems a little drastic to me.
Different strokes for different folks. Some prefer the kick of Shock, others the clean energy of Pump. Some prefer powder, others, pills, yadda yadda.

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Here we go for Day 3 of Shock. I did Bi's and Tri's this morning. What a great workout. I took Shock 40 minutes prior to getting the to gym mixed with Glycergrow again. About 10 minutes after consumption I was really feeling the energy. I couldn't sit still in my truck and I still had another 30 minutes to drive. By the time i got to the gym I was almost running through the door with the excess energy. As i have stated before this is just a bit too much for me. I don't like the jittery out of control feeling. Aside from that I had a great arm workout this morning. I have never been a real vascular person and they were showing this morning. In addition the pumps were great. My arms felt like the skin was going to tear. I was really impressed with the pumps this morning. Only down side is that now that it's subsided my shirt is loose around my arms again. But damn that was a great feeling for a while.

My mistake on leg day today that will be tomorrow. Gym being closed on Monday has been all off schedule.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Here we go for Day 3 of Shock. I did Bi's and Tri's this morning. What a great workout. I took Shock 40 minutes prior to getting the to gym mixed with Glycergrow again. About 10 minutes after consumption I was really feeling the energy. I couldn't sit still in my truck and I still had another 30 minutes to drive. By the time i got to the gym I was almost running through the door with the excess energy. As i have stated before this is just a bit too much for me. I don't like the jittery out of control feeling. Aside from that I had a great arm workout this morning. I have never been a real vascular person and they were showing this morning. In addition the pumps were great. My arms felt like the skin was going to tear. I was really impressed with the pumps this morning. Only down side is that now that it's subsided my shirt is loose around my arms again. But damn that was a great feeling for a while.

My mistake on leg day today that will be tomorrow. Gym being closed on Monday has been all off schedule.
You have tried cutting back on the dose of Shock, right?

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Cutting back a lil should def help reduce that jittery feeling.

Nothing beats that pumped up feeling though. Expanding shirts is always a plus. :thumbsup:

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Day 4 of Shock. Even after cutting back and still feeling the jitteriness I said F it and went all in this morning knowing that I was about to embark on a journey to destroy my legs. I must be building a little tolerance as I did not have the jitters this morning and was just feeling a good amount of energy entering the gym. Of course that could be because its Friday and I am exhausted from this long 4 day work week. LOL! Either way I had a real good mood and energy at the gym this morning. It was leg day for me today and it was a good one. I went up on a lot of my lifts. I just felt like i had more to give so i went for it. I was able to go up on Squat, leg press, deadlift and lunges. The others for my Hams stayed the same but it was good workout day to say the least. In contrast to Pump the focus isn't there its just a general energy boost. So while i did have that great focus i did with pump I had the energy to push around some more weight for the same reps. So while i planned on doing cardio this weekend with some biking and running I have a feeling those will be out of the question at this point. I will instead be cringing at every step I take. It's only been 2 hours since i left the gym and my legs are already killing me. I still have a good amount of energy as well. While the energy is great I really miss the focus of pump at this point.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like an intense session. Sounds like SUTAS is setting upon you. SUTAS = Stick Up the Ass Syndrome b/c that's how you're gonna be walking.

Fabulous One

Awards
  • Established
I loved that smooth energy and focus I got from the Pump sample. It will be a few months before I can grab a few cans of it but when I can its going to the one I go for. I'm not out for a "pump" in my training, I want strength gains and thats what I could feel with the Animal Pump.

Mordecai22

Mordecai22

Awards
Day 5 of Shock Therapy

My last day of Shock Therapy. It was what i have come to expect from Shock. A real good amount of energy and a little pump. I had one of those workouts where you just seem to go backwards this morning. I just seemed to be off and all my weights and lifts were lower. Obviously I can't blame that on shock but I had to wait a while to write my final write up as I was so discouraged. With all that said I still feel I had a good workout. I took Shock mixed with Glycergrow 30 minutes prior to the gym and the energy was in full effect when i got there. I came in full bore ready to tear up my chest and back. I just seemed to be weak today but I really think that the boost from Shock helped me to stick it out and push through my workout. No focus from it just the usual energy rush. I will have my workout up in my online tracker shortly as well.

All in all I really like Pump better. For me it I enjoyed the concentration and focus i was able to get on my lifts. I feel that i get more from that than just the bouncy energy. I'll do my write up in the Poll log as well when i get a chance. I want to thank universal for letting me do this log. If there is anything else I can expand on let me know. Seeing as i have never taken either prior to this i can say my opinions were unbiased and I do plan on purchasing some pump in the near future.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I agree with ya. I prefer Pump. It comes on slower, smoother, but it sticks with ya throughout, day in, day out...