L-Gear Lipotropic Protein

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so i bought a tub of their new protein to give a try. It's a gemma protein, so its a completely new experience for me. I paid $30 shipped for roughly 69 servings. I took my first serving this morning in milk and this is what i thought..... First sip i was a bit disgusted by the texture, but taste wasn't too bad. I adjusted to the texture and the taste isn't the greatest, but the texture plays a big role in the taste if that makes any sense. Its a very think type of shake even with just one scoop. I doubt I will see any change of body composition any different from whey but who knows. I know they are or were working on a PB flavor and think that will suit this texture 200% better than chocolate. I will try it in water after a workout and see how the texture is then.

First impression and recommendation is that if you want to try something new and cheap, its not that bad. If you have no interest in gemma protein, well then, i would just pay the extra 2-3 bucks and buy some whey. Overall benefit of gemma if any, I can't tell yet, but will post back. Honestly not a bad product, just different.... Kinda like drinking skim milk for years and then having a glass of whole milk..

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the feedback bro, it is always appreciated!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Just a little update. I've actually grown very fond of this in milk and enjoy the taste. I've been out of the gym due to another damn sinus infection, but tried it in water this morning. IMHO, it tastes much better in milk, but i'll probably grow to like it in water also. Overall i'm happy with the product and would buy it again. You just have to get over the fact its something different and adjust to the consistancy and taste.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a little update. I've actually grown very fond of this in milk and enjoy the taste. I've been out of the gym due to another damn sinus infection, but tried it in water this morning. IMHO, it tastes much better in milk, but i'll probably grow to like it in water also. Overall i'm happy with the product and would buy it again. You just have to get over the fact its something different and adjust to the consistancy and taste.

Yup thats for sure! Its definately a different texture, but its a pretty good taste and the price is right too!