Volcom's, Controlled Labs' - Look good in dem BLUE GENE(s), Sponsored Log

Page 40 of 64 First ... 3839404142 ... Last

  1. Way to go big guy! Great log, I'm definately looking forward to future logs from you bro.

    You just wait, I'll be throwing those 100s up soon myself.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!


  2. For real, what's left to add?

    Hella review bro, truly comprehensive & insightful. Well played thruout..
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    For real, what's left to add?

    Hella review bro, truly comprehensive & insightful. Well played thruout..
    Thanks Chef Snag, I guess I could have included some recipes, that would have been pushing it.
    NSCA - CSCS
  4. Intermission in Volcom's Log


    I am already in the works, preparing a new opening page of the second portion of this log, but until then, here's a little something to elevate the testosterone.

    K-1 Greatest Knockouts, enjoy

    NSCA - CSCS
  5. Greatest Submissions


    This is sick, especially at 1:25. If you don't care for submissions, at least check out 1:25.

    NSCA - CSCS

  6. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I am already in the works, preparing a new opening page of the second portion of this log, but until then, here's a little something to elevate the testosterone.

    K-1 Greatest Knockouts, enjoy

    this was awesome. and i think that is the only time ive ever enjoyed watching fighting. is this just kickboxing? muay thai? im lost haha

  7. kickass final review man! Whats with the grammer tho jus playen lol. Lookin forward to the rest of this log. Recipes, pics of food, vids, workout ideas! What more could I ask for! Im your number one fan Volcom! Will you please sign one of my tits?!
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions

  8. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    this was awesome. and i think that is the only time ive ever enjoyed watching fighting. is this just kickboxing? muay thai? im lost haha
    Yeah, K1 is primarily Muay Thai and Kick Boxing. It's a striking based fight organization, whereas, UFC has more of the MMA aspect, striking and ground.
    NSCA - CSCS

  9. Quote Originally Posted by metroba View Post
    kickass final review man! Whats with the grammer tho jus playen lol. Lookin forward to the rest of this log. Recipes, pics of food, vids, workout ideas! What more could I ask for! Im your number one fan Volcom! Will you please sign one of my tits?!
    You had me at hello.
    NSCA - CSCS
  10. The Second Coming


    IN SEARCH OF STRENGTH

    As many of you observed, Blue GENE, in my own experience, produced proof positive effects over muscle endurance and general stamina, as evidenced by my post-cycle muscle endurance assessment and by my progressive ability to increase the volume of my workouts. However, although I assuredly experienced strength increases in my normal routine, this increase in strength was not reflected in my post-cycle muscle strength performance. Muscle endurance and stamina was actually one of Blue GENE premier mission statements and in that aspect, it did deliver.

    I am continuing my previous Blue GENE run without a break in stride. I have not stopped taking my daily doses since my final evaluations. Tomorrow, will technically be the very last dose of my original bottle and then I will continue with my own stash. The second portion of this log will entail two significant aspects. Number one, it may or may not be the first, full 60 day run of Blue GENE, and secondly, I will be adding Blue UP, to stack with my continued Blue GENE use.

    In re-addressing my intro, we discovered (in my experience), that Blue GENE was very effective in promoting muscle endurance and general stamina. My log workouts reflected a progressive increase in strength, but for whatever reason, took an ambiguous outcome.

    By Objective Outcomes:

    1. Muscle Endurance and Muscle Stamina - verified.
    2. Muscle Strength - ambiguous

    Initially, I wanted my Blue GENE/Blue UP combination (hereby described as Blue Balls Stack) to be geared toward a focus on strength, as muscle endurance and general stamina has been established by Blue GENE (and will be an assumed, continuing effect), and perhaps the boost in strength might be assisted by the inclusion of Blue UP.

    I did yet another strength evaluation, only this time using Dumbbells, rather then Bench Press. I did this for two reasons, number one, for the sake of convenience and secondly, consistency and therefore, accuracy. When I bench, I need to ask two strangers for assistance, one to film and one to spot, whereas, with dumbbells, I only need to harass one stranger for help filming. Also, bench press performance is often times like dead lifts for me. The inconsistencies of the phenomenon of, “sometimes I’m ON and sometimes I’m OFF” is a gambling factor when testing is involved. For me, whether it’s a physiological or biomechanical issue, dumbbells seem to be more consistent in reflecting what I am capable of performance wise. For whatever reason, as counter intuitive as it may seem, my balance feels more stable and comfortable as compared with the bench press.

    I full heartedly do not believe my final post-cycle strength evaluation was a true and accurate reflection of my current upper torso strength, which is why I wanted to make the switch to dumbbells, but, Que Sera Sera, it’s a new chapter.

    I performed my Pre-Blue Balls Stack, strength assessment using the 125lbs Dumbbells and this is where I arrived at an “issue.” I expected to perform 5-6 reps, upward of 7 reps, and in my mind, projected a final outcome of 10 solid reps. My dilemma occurred when I nailed 10 reps with the 125lbs Dumbbells during my Pre-BB Stack assessment. This basically eliminates a true, Strength Evaluation, as my range is right in the meat of a hypertrophy zone. Therefore, I came to the conclusion of carrying on my workout routine as generic bodybuilding routine as I had been doing, and see how the BB Stack effects strength, in a hypertrophic focused routine.

    I don’t ever build up to 125lbs Db’s in a regular routine. 105lbs to 115lbs Db’s at best, this way you guys know I won’t be specifically training in a manner that would inherently improve my numbers, such as a routine that frequents the 115-125lbs range. Again, I want to assess how the BB Stack would benefit the average joe, not a specific strength athlete. At the end of this run, I may take another bench evaluation for kicks, we'll see.

    Half time is over and now its on to the 3rd and 4th quarter.

    Pre Blue Balls Stack, Strength Assessment
    - Body weight 211lbs.
    - 125lbs Db's x 10 reps

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KuS6ePR5-g"]YouTube - 125lbs Dumbbells x 10 reps[/ame]
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   
       


  11. Hollllaaaaaa!!!!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Hollllaaaaaa!!!!
    Every log needs at least one Irishman

    Errrr... every log needs the already subscribed Irishman to stay... Not sure how this works, its a first for me
    NSCA - CSCS

  13. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    This is sick, especially at 1:25. If you don't care for submissions, at least check out 1:25.

    1:14 - Rumina Sato with the flying armbar FTW. Here's the whole fight (all 6 seconds of it):

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8_FevrLdaw"]YouTube - Rumina's Flying Armbar[/ame]

  14. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    IN SEARCH OF STRENGTH

    As many of you observed, Blue GENE, in my own experience, produced proof positive effects over muscle endurance and general stamina, as evidenced by my post-cycle muscle endurance assessment and by my progressive ability to increase the volume of my workouts. However, although I assuredly experienced strength increases in my normal routine, this increase in strength was not reflected in my post-cycle muscle strength performance. Muscle endurance and stamina was actually one of Blue GENE premier mission statements and in that aspect, it did deliver.

    I am continuing my previous Blue GENE run without a break in stride. I have not stopped taking my daily doses since my final evaluations. Tomorrow, will technically be the very last dose of my original bottle and then I will continue with my own stash. The second portion of this log will entail two significant aspects. Number one, it may or may not be the first, full 60 day run of Blue GENE, and secondly, I will be adding Blue UP, to stack with my continued Blue GENE use.

    In re-addressing my intro, we discovered (in my experience), that Blue GENE was very effective in promoting muscle endurance and general stamina. My log workouts reflected a progressive increase in strength, but for whatever reason, took an ambiguous outcome.

    By Objective Outcomes:

    1. Muscle Endurance and Muscle Stamina - verified.
    2. Muscle Strength - ambiguous

    Initially, I wanted my Blue GENE/Blue UP combination (hereby described as Blue Balls Stack) to be geared toward a focus on strength, as muscle endurance and general stamina has been established by Blue GENE (and will be an assumed, continuing effect), and perhaps the boost in strength might be assisted by the inclusion of Blue UP.

    I did yet another strength evaluation, only this time using Dumbbells, rather then Bench Press. I did this for two reasons, number one, for the sake of convenience and secondly, consistency and therefore, accuracy. When I bench, I need to ask two strangers for assistance, one to film and one to spot, whereas, with dumbbells, I only need to harass one stranger for help filming. Also, bench press performance is often times like dead lifts for me. The inconsistencies of the phenomenon of, “sometimes I’m ON and sometimes I’m OFF” is a gambling factor when testing is involved. For me, whether it’s a physiological or biomechanical issue, dumbbells seem to be more consistent in reflecting what I am capable of performance wise. For whatever reason, as counter intuitive as it may seem, my balance feels more stable and comfortable as compared with the bench press.

    I full heartedly do not believe my final post-cycle strength evaluation was a true and accurate reflection of my current upper torso strength, which is why I wanted to make the switch to dumbbells, but, Que Sera Sera, it’s a new chapter.

    I performed my Pre-Blue Balls Stack, strength assessment using the 125lbs Dumbbells and this is where I arrived at an “issue.” I expected to perform 5-6 reps, upward of 7 reps, and in my mind, projected a final outcome of 10 solid reps. My dilemma occurred when I nailed 10 reps with the 125lbs Dumbbells during my Pre-BB Stack assessment. This basically eliminates a true, Strength Evaluation, as my range is right in the meat of a hypertrophy zone. Therefore, I came to the conclusion of carrying on my workout routine as generic bodybuilding routine as I had been doing, and see how the BB Stack effects strength, in a hypertrophic focused routine.

    I don’t ever build up to 125lbs Db’s in a regular routine. 105lbs to 115lbs Db’s at best, this way you guys know I won’t be specifically training in a manner that would inherently improve my numbers, such as a routine that frequents the 115-125lbs range. Again, I want to assess how the BB Stack would benefit the average joe, not a specific strength athlete. At the end of this run, I may take another bench evaluation for kicks, we'll see.

    Half time is over and now its on to the 3rd and 4th quarter.

    Pre Blue Balls Stack, Strength Assessment
    - Body weight 211lbs.
    - 125lbs Db's x 10 reps

    YouTube - 125lbs Dumbbells x 10 reps
    Subbed! Errrr... Wait. I'm already subbed. Dude, you are a strong mother****er, man! Damn!

  15. Another masterpiece in the making...

  16. Just when I thought I could catch up, Sam's gotta go and post another ridiculous feat of strength.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Just when I thought I could catch up, Sam's gotta go and post another ridiculous feat of strength.
    It's an insecurity thing.

    I actually surprised myself, and it sort of threw my entire initial premise out the window, but it worked out. Thanks SB
    NSCA - CSCS

  18. Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    Another masterpiece in the making...
    Thanks dragonfly,

    I'll try my best, but truly, the best part of my logs are the varying personalities. Ya'llz make it fun.
    NSCA - CSCS

  19. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    Subbed! Errrr... Wait. I'm already subbed. Dude, you are a strong mother****er, man! Damn!
    Hai!!!

    Thanks Shaddow,

    The wind was blowing my direction, and you know how your lifts can benefit when the wind is in your favor.
    NSCA - CSCS

  20. I'm so getting a video of my SLDLs tomorrow.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    I'm so getting a video of my SLDLs tomorrow.
    "ain't nut'n to it but ta do-it" - Snoop Dogg

    I'm not 100% sure how that applies, but its the first thing that came to my mind.
    NSCA - CSCS

  22. Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    1:14 - Rumina Sato with the flying armbar FTW. Here's the whole fight (all 6 seconds of it):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8_FevrLdaw
    Rumina Sato is too gangster for words. His monkey jitsu is ridiculous!
    NSCA - CSCS

  23. i tried your leg routine today, well at least the squat part.

    my thoughts: a couple things. firstly. ouch. secondly. holy crap. and lastly. jello, only word that comes to mind when i try to walk.

    good stuff tho man. im going to start doing that i think more often as PART of my leg routine. i used the bar instead of DB's tho. that 1 minute hold after the squats, lord have mercy.

    any who, thank you sir. ill probably have to be wheel chaired around campus tmrw for my first day of school

  24. F*cking Fantubulous (yes my own creation of a word...I'm innovative like that ) way to go out with a bang bud. That final writeup of yours is epic...BTW...the videos were good stuff too. Honestly, if you continue on bud at your rate, I could see you competing at a professional level someday...you have the power and the talent for sure.

    Its always a pleasure to check in on your logs bud.

    Cheers to ya!

    -Sean-
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    If you've ever browsed my logs, the words intrude or hijack don't exist in my vocabulary

    Thank you very much.
    Very true lol, as I post this on page 40. There's so many posts that I missed lots, but I got a general feel of the progress and liked the way you recorded stuff

  26. Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    i tried your leg routine today, well at least the squat part.

    my thoughts: a couple things. firstly. ouch. secondly. holy crap. and lastly. jello, only word that comes to mind when i try to walk.

    good stuff tho man. im going to start doing that i think more often as PART of my leg routine. i used the bar instead of DB's tho. that 1 minute hold after the squats, lord have mercy.

    any who, thank you sir. ill probably have to be wheel chaired around campus tmrw for my first day of school
    Wow, good job. Seriously, I'm impressed you went through with it
    NSCA - CSCS

  27. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    F*cking Fantubulous (yes my own creation of a word...I'm innovative like that ) way to go out with a bang bud. That final writeup of yours is epic...BTW...the videos were good stuff too. Honestly, if you continue on bud at your rate, I could see you competing at a professional level someday...you have the power and the talent for sure.

    Its always a pleasure to check in on your logs bud.

    Cheers to ya!

    -Sean-
    Thanks Sean, I appreciate the kind words and you stopping by. I also appreciate the innovations you bring
    NSCA - CSCS

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Very true lol, as I post this on page 40. There's so many posts that I missed lots, but I got a general feel of the progress and liked the way you recorded stuff
    Thanks Steveo, I'm glad you dropped in!

    Yeah, there is a lot to sort through, probably a bit too much, but you're part of the early bird crowd for the second half of this log, so you're in good shape!
    NSCA - CSCS

  29. Quote Originally Posted by SamBoz19 View Post
    F*cking Fantubulous (yes my own creation of a word...I'm innovative like that )
    that's funny. yeah, i swear to you me & my buds created the word "ginormous" one day after an especially impressive workout circa 1998, i was swelled to the hilt, trying to describe the pump i felt, and this tumbled out as describing gigantic/enormous.. we used this phrase regularly after that.. so imagine our surprise like 5 yrs. later when we're sitting around watching ESPN, and Stuart Scott comes on spitting out the word ginormous after describing a football hit.. now it's like in the dictionary or something i think, ahahaa.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I performed my Pre-Blue Balls Stack, strength assessment using the 125lbs Dumbbells and this is where I arrived at an “issue.” I expected to perform 5-6 reps, upward of 7 reps, and in my mind, projected a final outcome of 10 solid reps. My dilemma occurred when I nailed 10 reps with the 125lbs Dumbbells.
    What a dilemma! Damn! I only wished I had seen this video before my workout this morning. Seeing you gut out that tenth rep would have surely inspired me to gut a few more out this morning. Awesome job my brother.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

    "Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 361
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 02:33 PM
  2. Controlled Labs BLUE GENE vs. CTDeuce! **sponsored**
    By CTDeuce in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 481
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 03:58 PM
  3. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
  4. Replies: 185
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 09:56 PM
  5. Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Log in
Log in