1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

10,000 views, man ?! cheeeeesussss ...
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

- My Quest To Reach 200 lbs. Is Officially In The Making!

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I wonder if I'm receiving an extremely enhanced muscle recovery or at the very least, anti-inflammatory effects from my stack. I'm not taking any fish oils, so it wouldn't be from that. Either way, very cool....
    The way to test that would be to do an exercise you haven't done in a while, give it 110% and see how sore you are the next day. Eg. Go load up some super-heavy Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, and see how your hams are the next day.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    The way to test that would be to do an exercise you haven't done in a while, give it 110% and see how sore you are the next day. Eg. Go load up some super-heavy Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, and see how your hams are the next day.
    Do an all-out deadlift attack !!!!

.. damn it .. you and your lower back can't yet ..
    VikingInc On a Fat-SMOLDERING Journey, Sponsored by Southland Performance Products

•   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    10,000 views, man ?! cheeeeesussss ...
    This thread is as bad as the Beatdown...
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Powerlifting (somewhat similar to weightlifting) puts you outside the bounds of bodybuilding in that it allwos you to utilize different mechanisms to build strength. Anything that enhances strength can then be advantageous in bodybuilding principles - more strength, more weight you can push = more hypertrophy. All forms of lifting can ultimately be useful for bodybuilding brother!
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.86%

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Powerlifting (somewhat similar to weightlifting) puts you outside the bounds of bodybuilding in that it allwos you to utilize different mechanisms to build strength. Anything that enhances strength can then be advantageous in bodybuilding principles - more strength, more weight you can push = more hypertrophy. All forms of lifting can ultimately be useful for bodybuilding brother!
    100% agree with you.

7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by vikinginc View Post
    Do an all-out deadlift attack !!!!

.. damn it .. you and your lower back can't yet ..
    No need to rub it in

I'm just kidding. I've done the Smith, Throat Presses before, and I do enjoy that extra, deep stretch, but I normally perform my presses around mid chest level. Especially if I'm already considerably fatigued.

Currently, I'm only on Blue GENE and Blue UP. It's uncharacteristic of me to run such a limited stack, but I thought it'd be a good and relevant extension of my sponsored experience with Blue GENE. I figured I'd add the Blue UP to have a Controlled Labs La Cosa Nostra experience.

It was apparent that Blue GENE provided some added strength and a lot of added muscle endurance and general stamina, therefore, I wanted to see if adding the Blue UP might increase the strength aspect and making the Blue Balls Stack a potentially, well and rich stack.
    NSCA - CSCS
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The primary responses I'm eliciting with my current "power program" is more so conditioning, which is great. I'm not pushing those upper limits of maximal output or anything, but performing power with volume, which isn't very conducive to "power lifting," but I'm performing them for the kcal burn and metab benefits. I suppose it's my form of cardio

But I hear ya, strength and hypertrophy ultimately go hand in hand. I can smell with the Snag is cook'n.
    NSCA - CSCS
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.12%

10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

dood that crossfit was intense. it was ketteball swinging with a 53lb KB, tire flips, and burpees, 3 rotating stations for 20 minutes. **** was hard!

and saturday at goddard, its going to be 1 mile run, then 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, and 300 air squats, and to finish it all off, another 1 mile run.

its a good feeling when you spend all your time worried about strength and muscle mass, then do some strength and endurance workouts, and you dont come out puking. although i think saturday may demolish that feeling.

anyways, impressive workouts bro. seems like blue gene is doing very very well for you. are you noticing any extra from adding blue up?

another side note: i am currently in fear that i have a SLAP tear.
    Superior Labrum from Anterior to Posterior. The SLAP tear occurs at the point where the tendon of the biceps muscle inserts on the labrum.
    do you have any recommendations for a local sports medicine doctor?
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

Quote Originally Posted by rolandajoint View Post
    dood that crossfit was intense. it was ketteball swinging with a 53lb KB, tire flips, and burpees, 3 rotating stations for 20 minutes. **** was hard!

and saturday at goddard, its going to be 1 mile run, then 100 pull ups, 200 push ups, and 300 air squats, and to finish it all off, another 1 mile run.

its a good feeling when you spend all your time worried about strength and muscle mass, then do some strength and endurance workouts, and you dont come out puking. although i think saturday may demolish that feeling.

anyways, impressive workouts bro. seems like blue gene is doing very very well for you. are you noticing any extra from adding blue up?

another side note: i am currently in fear that i have a SLAP tear.

do you have any recommendations for a local sports medicine doctor?
    That Goddard workout sounds a bit excessive! But good luck with that.

I believe there is as sports medicine facility in La Verne. I contacted them awhile ago for an internship, but I don't personally know of any. What does your shoulder feel like? What kind of symptoms do you have?
    NSCA - CSCS
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

That Goddard workout sounds a bit excessive! But good luck with that.

I believe there is as sports medicine facility in La Verne. I contacted them awhile ago for an internship, but I don't personally know of any. What does your shoulder feel like? What kind of symptoms do you have?
    sharp pain in my shoulder when doing a flat, incline, or overhead press movement. flye type movements feel good, front and side raises feel fine, vertical rows feel fine, bi and tri movements feel fine, just presses.

i was reading an article in MD (ask the doc) and someone asked about shoulder pain so he described a SLAP tear, and right away i got a little nervous. i called the orthopedic doctor i have gone to before, but the earliest appointment i could get was like oct 20.

which place in la verne are you thinking of?
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Mike should have taken that Olympia where Arnold jumped in at the last minute, 1980? I believe. That was a bad case of celebrity scoring.
    Yeah, as much as I love Arnold, I agree with you here. Mentzer was full, dense, and shredded. Arnold had just finished filming Conan the Barbarian and decided to hop in at the Olympia and "receive" another Sandow. He looked good, but not good enough to beat Mike that day. Mentzer was bitter about this for the rest of his life.
    THE PAIN YOU ENDURE TODAY WILL PRODUCE THE POWER YOU ENJOY TOMORROW!!

"Ye are gods, and all of you are children of the most High."
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.16%

Oh I like that post there brutha snag! I have seen plenty of very well-built powerlifters. They do higher rep assistance exercises in their training. I've read some of Bill Kazmeirer's routines and he would do flyes for chest and side laterals for delts. Both with 100 lb. DB for 10 reps each. He was thickly muscled. Ed Coan is also really built well. One can turn the strength he gains from some powerlifting over into bodybuilding training. I think of Ronnie Coleman here. Johnnie Jackson. The 2 styles of training complement each other very well. By the way snag, your new avatar looks great. You look totally buff. The side chest shot was great too, but it's nice to see a new shot. Looks awesome bro.

15. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Thanks TG! Much appreciated.

Yeah Kaz was a beast back in the day for sure. Coleman & JJ are perfect examples of this premise. A current strongman who I am just in awe of is Mariusz Pudzianowski. I mean, the dude is off the chain, and you talk about developing a body thru various training protocols: competitive boxer for years, been doing karate since he was 11, strongman comps since his 20's -- and could step on a bb'ing stage and place well if not win the thing outright! Freak benched 350 lbs. when he was 16! And I hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night, he grubs on chocolate! Fascinating individual..
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.16%

Thanks TG! Much appreciated.

Yeah Kaz was a beast back in the day for sure. Coleman & JJ are perfect examples of this premise. A current strongman who I am just in awe of is Mariusz Pudzianowski. I mean, the dude is off the chain, and you talk about developing a body thru various training protocols: competitive boxer for years, been doing karate since he was 11, strongman comps since his 20's -- and could step on a bb'ing stage and place well if not win the thing outright! Freak benched 350 lbs. when he was 16! And I hear when he wakes up in the middle of the night, he grubs on chocolate! Fascinating individual..
    Mariusz is an unusal individual for sure. He is great in so many areas. He is the perfect strongman. He is solid in the static events like the squat, deadlift, and bench type events and good in the cardio-type of events like the heavy drag and carry events. He's good with the stones. He just needs to work on grip strength a little more. He's already tied with Jon Pall Sigmarssin, and Magnus Ver Magnusson with 4 title wins. And he will be the first man to be able to say that he's the 5 time World's Strongest Man Champion!! Go Polish Power!! http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flor2pmSeX0

17. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Nice vid! Yeah Magnus was enjoyable to watch as well. He was the first guy I really paid attention to on that circuit. Kaz pre-dated my interest in that aspect, so I never saw him perform while he was in his prime. I was all about Ahnold & Lou back in those days..

On a totally random side note: geeez, anybody seen Cory Everson lately? WTH, she's looking rough!

EDIT: I guess she is 50 now, but still..
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

Again, I have diminished DOMS. My chest is thee most susceptible muscle group to DOMS and following last night's chest workout, I feel pretty okay. I am sore, but not sore to the degree that I'm used to. Diminished DOMS seems to be a recurring theme from my Blue GENE/Blue UP experience.
    NSCA - CSCS
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

Great video thunder, that guys an animal. It's kind of crazy that he was clean and jerking those tires, because his C&J form is horrendous, that's all muscle & momentum he's using. That just means WITH proper form, he'd be toying with that thing, Sheeese!
    NSCA - CSCS
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

sharp pain in my shoulder when doing a flat, incline, or overhead press movement. flye type movements feel good, front and side raises feel fine, vertical rows feel fine, bi and tri movements feel fine, just presses.

i was reading an article in MD (ask the doc) and someone asked about shoulder pain so he described a SLAP tear, and right away i got a little nervous. i called the orthopedic doctor i have gone to before, but the earliest appointment i could get was like oct 20.

which place in la verne are you thinking of?
    Covina Hills Sports Medicine
    1335 W Cypress Ave., Ste 100
    San Dimas, CA 91773-3538
    (909) 305-1383

Fortanasce & Associates Physical Therapy Sports Medicine Center
    1275 Foothill Blvd
    La Verne, CA 91750-3324
    Primary phone
    (909) 593-1200

This next guy is a Professor of PT at USC. Probably the best over-all guy anywhere around here.

Gary Souza
    Diamond Bar Physical Therapy
    (909) 861-1908 gmspt.com
    1370 Valley Vista Dr, #145, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
    NSCA - CSCS
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Covina Hills Sports Medicine
    1335 W Cypress Ave., Ste 100
    San Dimas, CA 91773-3538
    (909) 305-1383

Fortanasce & Associates Physical Therapy Sports Medicine Center
    1275 Foothill Blvd
    La Verne, CA 91750-3324
    Primary phone
    (909) 593-1200

This next guy is a Professor of PT at USC. Probably the best over-all guy anywhere around here.

Gary Souza
    Diamond Bar Physical Therapy
    (909) 861-1908 gmspt.com
    1370 Valley Vista Dr, #145, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
    sweet deal. are these places you have used or know someone that has used em? or just places you know of?
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

sweet deal. are these places you have used or know someone that has used em? or just places you know of?
    I contacted them during my internship search. Gary Souza stands out the most. He is widely recommended by people at MY work, and he is a hard sought after internship by Cal Poly and Fullerton students. Gary has a wide spread reputation.
    NSCA - CSCS
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

I believe Gary Souza is a current professor of PT at USC
    NSCA - CSCS
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%
    NSCA - CSCS
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%
    NSCA - CSCS
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Damn, is today's theme "PAIN" or what?? Sheesh.

That chick in the first one was laying pretty still for her ankle being like that, I'd be writhing around like a madman.

Couple ppl in that 2nd one look like they should have broken necks, specifically the gymnast & the diver (OUCH!).

Brutal man..
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

2008 Mr. Olympia Posedown; The Blade v The Jay

Last edited by VolcomX311; 10-03-2008 at 07:15 PM.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

Guess Who These Two Are?

The second guy is pretty obvious, but go ahead, guess.

NSCA - CSCS
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

No, its not Snag........ nope, not Shaddow either... ..... .... Thomas? No, not Thomas, keep going. C'mon, aside from the fact neither Snag, Shaddow or Thomas are African American... I know, I know, that rub on tan can be misleading, so keep trying.

I'll rep you if you get it right.
    NSCA - CSCS
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.12%

That was a pretty irresponsible takedown attempt to rip her knee apart like that... That's a career ender - and a complete lack of respect for a fellow fighter.

Makes me actually want to punch that b*tch.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    That was a pretty irresponsible takedown attempt to rip her knee apart like that... That's a career ender - and a complete lack of respect for a fellow fighter.

Makes me actually want to punch that b*tch.
    Sigmund Freud! what?.. nevermind.

I hear ya Timber, as a fighter yourself I'm sure it rubbed you the wrong way, but then again, your Ike Turner tendencies aren't that uncommon
    NSCA - CSCS
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.12%

Haha, I'd never hit a girl.

Unless she deserved it.

Seriously though - that take down was executed irresponsibly and completely WRONG. That girl should be making pancakes - NOT fighting.
  33. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Kinda looks like Quincy Taylor, but I don't think I've seen QT that conditioned before..
  34. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Actually that's gotta be Victor Martinez, calves give him away..

Is the second one JJ?
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

Kinda looks like Quincy Taylor, but I don't think I've seen QT that conditioned before..
    and don't worry, these two aren't unfamiliar, closet pro's that nobody has ever heard of. Guess again.
    NSCA - CSCS
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.31%

Actually that's gotta be Victor Martinez, calves give him away..
    I can see where you would get Victor from, looking back with Victor in mind makes it seem like a very convincing guess, however,

place your last bet and I'll have to wait for someone else to make a stab before I reveal, correct or incorrect.
    NSCA - CSCS
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.1%

No, its not Snag........ nope, not Shaddow either... ..... .... Thomas? No, not Thomas, keep going. C'mon, aside from the fact neither Snag, Shaddow or Thomas are African American... I know, I know, that rub on tan can be misleading, so keep trying.

I'll rep you if you get it right.
    Come on... I am NOWHERE NEAR either one of those guys... Or Snag or Thomas. Seriously... I'm just a little guy! LOL!
  38. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Hmmmm.. well in the meantime, to quote some Rocky: "Cut me Mick, cut me.." - give me the Blade. Dex is just way too symetrical, blows Jay's look away. Cutler just got too damn big. Looks ridiculous.
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.1%

David Henry and........
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.
    Level