Napalm log (unsponsored)

solguy

Awards
Just received my first bottle of Napalm - I am trying to lose some stubborn stomach and chest fat.

I'm eating a clean diet and doing 45 min of morning cardio 6 days a week.

I have to get my exact weight today, but I'm 5' 11.5" and around 180 lbs, probably 21-22% bf.

Here are my starting measurements (I know, I have a lot of work to do):

Neck 15
Shoulders 46.5
Bicep 11.5
Chest 39
Waist (narrowest) 33
Waist (widest) 37.75
Hips 40.5
Thigh 23
Calf 14

I taking BCAAs before my morning cardio with Green MAGnitude.

After I lean up I'm going to bulk up to try to put some lean mass on. I'll keep this log updated as often as I can!

solguy

Awards
Working on pics - don't think I want to post them though, I'm a complete newbie, don't have much to show for it.

What's subd?

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
haha that's fine.
you can come check out my log. I dont have much to show either but I posted pics.
subd means I put my post here so I can be subscribed to this thread. now it tells me when people post here so I can keep up to date!
Welcome aboard!!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea don't feel pressed to post pics. Personally I used Napalm at about 7-8% bf and I know it is recommended for use to get rid of the last bit of body fat. I would suggest you hold off on it, and try a fat burner like Leviathan, Recreate, Lipo AM/PM, Reduction.. there's tons.

Anyways good luck, and if you got any Q's just ask, I've gone thru 2 bottles of Napalm.

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
yeah i ordered some reduction and napalm,,,im not sure what my body fat % is,,2 years ago it was 18% but right now im weighing the about the same and im WAYYY stronger so that means it HAD to go down correct? BUT ANYWAYS

anyone heard good results from reduction i like controlled labs products so when i saw this on sale i went for it. ive taken it like 3 days now and i think im getting a little bit firmer on my love handles but im not sure....i need to figure out my bf%,,,is there some sort of a formula to figure this out?

One Shot

One Shot

Awards
and napalm ive been told is good stuff but im thinking its something you use when you have a lower bf%,,,so what im asking is 15% too high to get results from napalm or no?

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
yeah i ordered some reduction and napalm,,,im not sure what my body fat % is,,2 years ago it was 18% but right now im weighing the about the same and im WAYYY stronger so that means it HAD to go down correct? BUT ANYWAYS

anyone heard good results from reduction i like controlled labs products so when i saw this on sale i went for it. ive taken it like 3 days now and i think im getting a little bit firmer on my love handles but im not sure....i need to figure out my bf%,,,is there some sort of a formula to figure this out?

I'm using redduction right now and I have been pleasantly suprised. It's working really well. I'm subbd also because i'm curious about this product. Good luck pal I'm pulling for you.

Longtorso

Longtorso

Awards
JMO of course, but based on your measurements you're likely to lose plenty with moderate cardio, actual lifting, a really clean diet (i.e. LOGGED DAILY) and lots and lots of water. Not knocking Napalm, but you sound like you've got some easy weight loss & muscle gain waiting for you if you just give it 6-8 weeks of real effort.

And a fat burner will go a long way to jack your base metabolism. I've tried several (VPX Meltdown, Xyience, Hydroxycut) but the one that seems to work best for me is Biotest HotRox. I'm not a Biotest fanboy by any means, but HotRox works well for me (although I do notice a decrease in effect after 2-3 weeks).

I had tried to make gains for years, but never had much success until I really looked at my diet. It was **** - I ate like a 14 year old girl, and had a body like one because of it. Water and Fiber are keys! You should be getting well over a gallon a day.

My measurements nearly matched yours a year ago (a little bigger throughout my trunk, smaller in the hips), and I dropped 35#, and then gained 18# of muscle. I'm a lot taller (6'3") but my 12" biceps are now 16"..... I started with a 3 day/week "total body training" routine that really focused on core/large muscle groups, I now am doing 4-day splits with slightly more focus, but still lots of core/big muscle movement stuff. Cardio alone is OK but will only take you so far, and done correctly lifting is _plenty_ aerobic.

Good luck!

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You can get results from Napalm at a higher bodyfat percentage, it's just harder to see the results.

Going from 20% to 18% probably won't be quite as visible on your abs as 10% to 8%.

solguy

Awards
Thanks for all the input guys.

I already got a bottle of Napalm - the stuff is pretty cheap so I'm going to give it a try anyways. The way I figure it, fat is fat, whether it's part of 20% bf or whether it's the last few % you're trying to get rid of. Why does Napalm work on one but not the other? Maybe someone can explain this to me.

My diet is pretty good, getting plenty of protein, eating almost no simple carbs (trying to stick with the Ezekiel stuff). My metabolism is plenty high (I'm hypothyroidic and take T3, so my T3 is now at the highest limit of normal).

I want to lose a bunch of BF to see if I can get my cholesterol down. Doc says it's genetic and there's nothing I can do about it, wants to put me on Lipitor in a few years. I want to get rid of the fat and see what my numbers are.

I'm not expecting a 6 pack from the Napalm. But I have dropped 15 lbs before and haven't seen too much of a difference in my stomach area, I lose the fat elsewhere. We'll see what sort of a boost Napalm will give me.

The cardio is all in addition to my lifting routine. I'm doing 3 days a week, full body. I have weak abs and scoliosis so I can't do any big compound movements yet.

solguy

Awards
Day 1:

Woke up 8:15am
preworkout:

1 scoop Green MAGnitude, 2 scoops Scivation Xtend BCAAs (13grams - too little??)
applied 3 pumps Napalm to stomach and love handles

workout:
30 min elliptical, level 1, 3.65 miles.

meal 1 postworkout:
12 oz 1% milk, 1 scoop EAS whey protein
1 banana

meal 2:

2 nutri-grain low fat waffles
1 tablespoon Promise margarine
3 eggs
1 slice 2% American cheese

meal 3:
hormel all natural ham
2% american cheese
ezekiel bread

meal 4:
1 scoop protein in water
1 scoop Green MAGnitude

workout:
3x8 assisted pullups (80 lbs assist)
3x8 45 lb dumbell flat bench
3x8 30 lb dumbell shoulder press
3x8 90 lb inverted squat (i can do more, but have weak abs and scoliosis, have to be careful w hurting my back)
3x10 pushups
3x8 bicep curls, 25 lb dumbell
3x8 behind-the-head sitting tricep extensions, 35 lbs

meal 5:
ezekiel pasta with meatballs

9:30 pm applied 3 pumps Napalm to abs (just gonna concentrate on my abs as per Sir Savage)

Agent Orange

Agent Orange

Awards
What do you think of Green Mag? It taste awesome if you mix it with Purple Wraath and/or white flood. That kind of mix is sic pre cardio.:head:

solguy

Awards
What do you think of Green Mag? It taste awesome if you mix it with Purple Wraath and/or white flood. That kind of mix is sic pre cardio.:head:
Green Mag tastes fine, I mixed it with the Xtend stuff. I'm staying away from NO stuff, I heard it increases free radicals and increases your risk of cancer.

riskerz

Awards
What does "NO" mean? sorry im a newbie, sub'd this also

solguy

Awards
Nitric Oxide.
Savage,

Any thoughts on my question?

"Napalm says do not exceed 3 pumps at one time. Does that mean at each application site? I.e. can I use 3 pumps on my stomach and 3 pumps on each love handle, or does that mean 3 pumps TOTAL on my whole body?"

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whoops, sorry man, missed your question.

You should concentrate on one area at a time on your body. Your abs, for example. So apply no more than three pumps at a time on your abs. 10-12 hours later, repeat.

Now, once you get your abs where you want them, then you can move on to the next area of your body.

So in other words, no more than three pumps total at a time.

solguy

Awards
Whoops, sorry man, missed your question.

You should concentrate on one area at a time on your body. Your abs, for example. So apply no more than three pumps at a time on your abs. 10-12 hours later, repeat.

Now, once you get your abs where you want them, then you can move on to the next area of your body.

So in other words, no more than three pumps total at a time.
Got it. Also, how long before it "soaks in." I put it on before my morning cardio and shower 2 hrs later. Will it wash off?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it will.

Plus, you're probably sweating a good deal of it off when you're doing cardio.

Cardio --> Shower --> Napalm

solguy

Awards
Day 4:

No noticeable difference yet, but it's only been 4 days! I have dropped a few pounds - I'm down to 182 from 185 or 186. I've been keeping up the morning cardio and keeping my cals down.

Today's upper body workout:

3x6 dumbbell flat bench - 55 lbs
3x7 assisted pullups (70 lbs of help)
3x8 side cable lateral - 10 lbs
3x8 single arm cable flys - 15 lbs
3x8 dumbbell curl - 25 lbs
3x8 behind the head tricep extensions - 45 lbs
Cable crunches

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd recommend weekly measurements, on the same day, first thing in the moring on an empty stomach, BTW.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie is butting in real quick...

If you're weighing the same but "way stronger" you SHOULD have more muscle mass, and a little less fat, but not necessarily. You could just be what you were before, but stronger.

As for "figuring out your BF%", go and get a 6-8 site skinfold test done (scales that tell you your BF% are WAY out, and completely UNreliable!) There are equations for calculating BF%, yes...

and napalm ive been told is good stuff but im thinking its something you use when you have a lower bf%,,,so what im asking is 15% too high to get results from napalm or no?
The higher BF% you are, the less noticeable any results from ANY sort of fat-burner (topical or oral) will be. If you were say 8% BF and wanting to SEE a difference (if the product works), then it would be far more obvious dropping to 6% BF from 8%, then going to 13% BF from 15% (as Sir Savage pointed out), if you understand. But hey, each to his own. Sometimes you have to see for yourself to get what everyone else tells you (or to see something completely UNexpected, since everyone reacts to products differently; for me, at 9.5% BF (bearing in mind that I am a FEMALE), the Napalm did NOTHING and made NO visible changes).

If you're looking to lose BF, I would recommend that you manipulate your diet and training FIRST, to get to down to at least 10% BF, and then, if you still want to, think about adding in a fat-burner AFTER that.