Jackellpets 'Running the USPLabs Rack' Log

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
AM'ers.

Over the last four months have been going through a bulking phase – gains have been satisfactory; however have hit a level where fat gains are a little too much for comfort.

After making adjustments to diet, adding in some light cardio, I sought advice from Mulletsolder on how to best utilise my stash to achieve my goals:

*Continue to make lean muscle gains.
*Minimising fat deposition, or optimally reduce body fat if possible.
*No loss of strength, maintaining endurance.

The programme of supplementation mirrors that of B5150, as that it is based on early morning fasted workout.

Basically all USPLabs products have been utilised – with the exception of SuperCissus which is still to arrive.

Diet:

Has been up to 4,500 – 5,000 calorie day bulking diet for the last 4 months. No junk, but slightly dirty. Plenty of dairy, eggs, fruit etc. Food intake spread over 7 meals – two of which are small protein shakes.

Recently reduced to 3,500 – 4,000 calorie range (maintenance approximately 3,000) to maintain growth.

Diet and Supplementation:

Differs between workout and non-workout days. Basically I do not take Zap or P-Slin on non-WO days, and restrict PowerFull to night time doses only.

Below is a typical workout day with examples of meals. Im not a true calorie counter, rather an estimator that adjusts by results:

1hr pre-WO: 3x PowerFull, 4x Zap, ½ dose of Poseidon with BCAAs
0.5hr preWO: 2x ReCreate, 1x Anabolic Pump, ½ dose of Poseidon with BCAAs
Peri-WO: 1 dose Poseidon with BCAAs

During stretching: 1x P-Slin
Post WO: 40g whey, 60g dextrose, 30g SizeOn, 5g Spirulina

1hr postWO:
(Oats, banana, whey, full cream milk)

11pm Snack:
(nuts, muesli bar etc

1pm meal: 1x Anabolic Pump
(2x roast beef or chicken snitzel sandwiches on whole meal bread with salad, or Asian stirfry etc)

3pm: 1x ReCreate

3.30pm Snack
(nuts etc)

5pm Meal:
(30g whey with full cream milk)

7.30pm meal: 1x Anabolic Pump
(Steak, veg and sweet potato, chilli con carne w. brown rice, meat/veg omelette w. pasta etc.)

9.30pm Meal:
(Greek yoghurt with whey, fish oil, Vit C)

10.30pm: 2x PowerFull

General Stats:

Height:188cm/6'2" Weight:104kg/228lb Age:34

Workout:

Early AM - 6am unless Sunday 9am

Current 3-day split. Last 3 months have involved muscle endurance with tri-sets and supersets, changes every month. Weight has been increasing as reps decrease.

Current is push/pull supersets on opposing muscle groups. eg squats/military press. Rep Range 10,10 with 2 minutes interest rest. Rep speed at pace maintaining control and range. Exercise type is dominated by compound movements.

Sunday: Back/Chest
Monday: HIIT (spin)
Tuesday: Legs/Shoulders
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Off
Friday: Bi's/Tri's
Warm up 5min light cardio, WO 30-40 minutes, Moderate Cardio: 30-45min, Stretching 10 minutes.

Notes:

After powering all my workouts to date by P-Slin meals, I was a little apprehensive of fasting. The following is from B5150’s log:

To tell you the truth, fasted states in conjunction with products which induce, and following, utilize lipolysis are absolutely fantastic. If you are lifting immediately after waking, may I suggest forgoing the Pre-WO shake? Glucose provides only 1/3 of the energy for anaerobic cellular reactions, and the combination of both PowerFULL and ReCreate modulating lipolysis pathways produces very strong workouts.
Whether we choose to utilize them or not, the process of lipolysis liberates stored fatty acids into our blood stream in the form of triglycerides - by engaging in anaerobic exercise, we use these newly liberated FFAs for cellular exertion (as I said, fatty acid oxidation comprises about 2/3 energy use in an anaerobic movement).
This protocol merely utilizes energy which would have been wasted in a normal protocol, while ensuring that proper Post-WO nutrition is undertaken.
I’ve got some big changes coming up in my training regime that lead to low reps, max weight, high sets in the upcoming 8 weeks – this log will look at the effects the new supplementation programme on aspects such as strength, endurance, mind-muscle connection, weight/Comp changes etc in a commentary format.

All comments, critique etc more than welcome!

So lets: Run the USPLabs Rack!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Some other info of interest:

Body Type:

Your score is 2.

Your body is closest to a Mesomorph. You have a naturally fit body but to maintain it or improve it you should exercise and diet correctly for your type. Strength training can be done more often and for longer sessions then would be good for an Ectomorph, but you must still be carefull not to overdo it. You should train with moderate to heavy weighs and at a moderate pace, not resting too long between sets. You will find you gain muscle quite easy (some women and even men might not want to get too bulky, but this won't happen suddenly. When you are happy with your muscle size simply train to maintain it). Stick to a good healthy diet to keep you lean and muscular, and watch for any slow creeping fat gains. Engage in and enjoy aerobic activities, sports, etc. but do not overdo.
Carb Type:

Type II Carb Reactives are similar to Carb Non-Responsives, save for the fact over consumption of carbohydrates can lead to what are known as ‘sugar-bellies’.
I've found I still need to taper my carb intake throughout the day - especially for my evening meal.

Metabolic Type: Type 2 Protein

Try to eat according to the following ratios:

45%-50% Protein (Proteins = Meat, Fowl, Seafood, Dairy)
30%-35% Carbohydrates (Carbohydrates = Fruits, Vegetables, Grains)
20% Oils/Natural Fats (Fats = Butter, Oils, Fatty Foods - ex. nuts, seeds, cheese, other fatty foods)
Your metabolic type should do better with an overall higher percentage of proteins relative to carbohydrates and fats/oils

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you're planned for progress! Best of luck.

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
Sweeeet start!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Week 2

12 August 2008: Leg/Shoulders

Woke up sore as hell from Sunday and Mondays sessions. Tried to postpone with my trainer until Wednesday but he couldn’t fit it in.

Got a good night sleep in – 10hours, which is usually 4 more than I usually get.

My forearm tendons still ache to hell after certain pull exercises – all part of the fun. They’re slowly coming good, but looking forward to the SuperCissus arriving.

Workout:
(all in kg – x2.2 for the metric-impaired):

5 minutes Row Machine warmup.

Squats superset with BB Military Press
(10-10 reps, 100-50kg, 3 sets)

Leg Press superset with Upright Rows
(10-10 reps, 320-45kg, 3 sets)

Single Leg DB Lunges superset with DB Lateral Raises
(10-10 reps, 17.5-10kg, 3 sets)
Lat Raise weight increased to 12.5kg on last set

30 minutes moderate cardio on Cross-trainer
10 minutes stretching

Workout Notes:

Although feeling tired, my strength was certainly up. This particular workout really shakes up my CNS – I generally take two days off training after this.

The squats have only just come back into the regime after a 3 month hiatus. I’m finding I need to stretch more often than I’m used to.

Increased lat raise weight on the last set – this has been a previous weakness I’ve been working on. Last 2 reps were assisted, but pretty stoked with myself.

Supplementation Notes:

I started this supplementation regime the beginning of last week. Naturally there is anticipation of an adjustment period which I thought would include some degree of strength loss or endurance.

To date, have certainly noticed at slight loss of endurance in the first week. Not so much the second, with no loss of strength whatsoever.

The inclusion of ReCreate has really jacked up my metabolism – like my previous experience my hunger levels are through the roof, however should subside in a week or so. I am eating more nuts in between meals to keep the cravings at bay, however they are not sugar or junkfood related.

The inclusion of Anabolic Pump preWO without carbs has not induced any feeling of hypoglycemia – although Mullet Soldier assured me it wouldn’t, I still felt apprehensive about it.

However, 15 minutes after taking the P-Slin at the end of the session, you need to have that large influx of carbs handy. I usually sip it during stretching, then neck the rest before hitting the shower. You can literally feel all the carbs, creatine etc getting sucked into your muscles – it’s quite a rush.

The combo of ReCreate and Core Zap ensures my mental alertness remains high without being buzzed out (even if the body feels fatigued) – a large part of my workload is interpreting data and reporting to non-technical audiences so requires this edge.

Also - my water intake has gone through the roof as well. I was already drinking approximately 5L - now it's about 7-8L.

Coming Up: Bicep/Tricep Workout

Last edited:
DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did I miss this. Following along bro.

Adams

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cheers - hope the format is not too lengthy - can adjust things on the hop.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
About bloody time - I've just run out of P-Slin as well!

Label/Receipt Number: CJ21 xxxx xxxx S

Your item cleared customs in AUSTRALIA at 8:48 AM on August 11, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

CDCDCD

Awards
jumpin in.. looks saweeeet keep that water going bro

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
You know I'm in man! Nice layout and detail!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cheers CM!

It's my virgin log, so I've bastardised bits and pieces from other logs into something that works for me.

As mentioned earlier, if you find it a bit long-winded sing out.

Last edited:
DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
great detail so far, I will be follwoing. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Rhys26

Awards
I am in :)

Did you do that Body/Carb/Metabolic type test on bb.com?

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
Need to put weight lifted in lbs LOL I'm from America... WHAT'S A KG?! lololol

extremenergy3

extremenergy3

Awards
  • Established
haha kg's are what the rest of the world use... catch up America :p
Stupid Americans... :icon_lol:

I should change my log numbers to kg then!

225 = 2 plates on each side :)

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Week 2

Update: 14 August 2008 Notes

My package from NP arrived today. Inside the long awaited SuperCissus and the unflavoured Nimbus Nutrition Swell I picked up on sale.

The Swell I’m going to supplement as outlined previously as Poseidon.

The SuperCissus I’m going to supplement as outlined for achieving an anabolic effect – hopefully this is going to sort out my forearm tendon issue.

Also, had a good read through BoroBulker’s PowerFull FAQ. Check the link out below:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/101332-usplabs-powerfull-f.html#post1487859

I have been taking PowerFull about 60 minutes preWO – this has been to previous supplementation programmes including carbs peri-WO.

After reading the article going to bring it forward to 30 minutes preWO.

My revised protocol is as follows:

60min pre-WO: 4x Zap, ½ dose of Swell with BCAAs
45min preWO: 2x ReCreate 1x SuperCissus
30min preWO: 3x PowerFull, 1x Anabolic Pump, ½ dose of Swell with BCAAs
Peri-WO: 1 dose Swell with BCAAs

During stretching: 1x P-Slin
Post WO: 40g whey, 60g dextrose, 30g SizeOn, 5g Spirulina

1hr postWO: 1x SuperCissus
(Oats, banana, whey, full cream milk)

11pm Snack:
(nuts, muesli bar etc)

1pm meal: 1x Anabolic Pump 1x SuperCissus
(2x roast beef or chicken snitzel sandwiches on whole meal bread with salad, or Asian stirfry etc)

3pm: 1x ReCreate

3.30pm Snack: 1x SuperCissus
(nuts etc)

5pm Meal:
(30g whey with full cream milk)

7.30pm meal: 1x Anabolic Pump, 1x SuperCissus
(Steak, veg and sweet potato, chilli con carne w. brown rice, meat/veg omelette w. pasta etc.)

9.30pm Meal:
(Greek yoghurt with whey, fish oil, Vit C)

10.30pm: 2x PowerFull

Anyone care to comment on this – in particular the SuperCissus dosages?

Also, I’ll be digging up my heart rate monitor for my Polar – get some baseline calorie expenditure readings.

Last edited:
Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I'll be starting my stack this weekend mate! look out!!!! ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How did i miss this til now?? :confused:

well i am in for the rest of this :cool:

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
here to support a fellow kiwi, even if he does live in oz

Here's a little taste of home bro - jugs, piss & buds :lol:

Jake the Muss Heke, In da Pub

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
haha excellent post B! that Jake Versus Uncle Bully (sp?) fight is sick!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Couple things...

1. Log looks AWESOME!

2. Thanks for repping our new PowerFULL FAQ.

3. I cant wait to see your progress, this stack is awesome.

4. I am interested to see how ZAP works for you.

5. I am interested to see how changing your PowerFULL dosing effects you.

6. I have seen the best effects of SuperCissus Rx at 5 doses, split throughout the day. When i increase to 6, i so nothing different.

7. I am subb'ed and in this until the end.

8. Good luck, your ganna get swole and lean!!!!!!!!!!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Week 2

Update: 15 August 2008 Biceps/Triceps

Broken sleep – needed to urinate a fair bit through the night – will discuss later on. Felt reasonably refreshed though, and workout wasn’t until 0700 as opposed to the usual 0600-6300 kick-off.

Lets get straight into the workout details:

Workout:

No Cardio Warm Up today

BB Curls superset with Narrow-Grid BP
(10-10 reps, 40-42.5-45kg/60-70-72.5kg, 3 sets)

Seated DB curls superset with Skullcrushers
(10-10 reps, 15kg/30-40kg, 3 sets)

Cable Pushdowns superset with DB HammerCurls
(10-10 reps, 60kg/15-17.5kg, 3 sets)

10 minutes stretching

Workout Notes:

As noted before, after going from P-Slin-powered workouts to this regime, I’ve been apprehensive on loss of strength, or at least some kind of plateau. Throw that idea out the door - today’s numbers speak for themselves:

Personal Bests on the following:

BB curls, Narrow-grip BP, DB Hammer Curls.

*Narrow-grip BP – trainer kept loading on plates – last rep of last set was assisted.

*Hammer Curls were assisted on the last 2 reps of the last 2 sets, despite the tendon ache (and this seems to have a little less pressure on the forearms).

Note that these incremental increases in weights lifted are approximately in line with my prescribed programme – not to be confused with ‘what the hell, lets bust up some PBs’ (still stoked about it though!)

Supplementation Notes:

SuperCissus: was added in yesterday afternoon. Obviously I wasn’t expecting an overnight improvement in the tendon issue, but at least the ball is rolling. One thing noted was an increase in urination during the night – anyone experienced this before?

PowerFull: Dosage timing change – mindset during the workout wasn’t as ‘deep’ if I can use that term – the full cognitive effects kicked in more when I was doing the cardio. I really wasn’t in the mood for cardio, so it helped me zone out.

ReCreate: Still hungry as a wolf – noticed today during cardio I had the heat, but little in the way in sweats

P-Slin: I feel 90g carbs is insufficient – I was still feeling slightly hypo until I got to the office to eat the next meal. I’ll add in a banana (whole food a preference) to eat say after I shower and change.

Core Zap: 60 minutes preWO works well for me – could maybe do with upping the dosage, or throwing a couple of RPMs on top. The Zap/ReCreate still gives that ‘Loved Up’ vibe – clean, bounce through the day like a laundry detergent ad!

Nimbus Swell: How could Poseidon be improved? Throw in the added goodies found in Swell and you’re good to go. I had a dose yesterday afternoon –flush/tingle city! The two doses I thought we’re probably optimal – with the 3g of leucine present, and reducing the added BCAAs to 8g as opposed to the usual 10g. First divided up with the preWO supplementation. The second periWO, but I refill my water bottle when it reached half-full on 2 occassions.

General Notes:

Found my heart rate monitor to get some base calorie expenditure readings. Put it on at 0600 when commencing supplementation – and plan to keep it on 24hrs.

Wake to Workout: 176cal
Workout: 544cal
Cardio: 530cal
Ex-Gym until 17.30: 1,866cal
Total for 11.5hrs: 3,166cal

This is a lot larger that I thought, so will be expecting larger readings on my other 2 workout days. Surprised that an arm workout would generate that sort of expenditure over 30min - a reflection of the intensity I guess.

Got some measurements to take as well – will post them at a later date.

Coming Up: Chest/Back (Sunday)

Last edited:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
awesome start bro, I am in on this one as well. Good luck

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dense stack, bud! I'm in! Looking forward to those Kangaroo recipes, too! :D

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
you are def running an great stack gonna keep my eyes out on this 1!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The programme of supplementation mirrors that of B5150, as that it is based on early morning fasted workout.
Glad to see you getting started on this.
The inclusion of Anabolic Pump preWO without carbs has not induced any feeling of hypoglycemia – although Mullet Soldier assured me it wouldn’t, I still felt apprehensive about it.
The longer I have run AP the less likely I am to get hypo at all, even hours after if I forget to eat. I have made a point to wait to eat at least a half hour now. My appetite becomes intense and then it seems to suck up the carbs real good.
However, 15 minutes after taking the P-Slin at the end of the session, you need to have that large influx of carbs handy. I usually sip it during stretching, then neck the rest before hitting the shower. You can literally feel all the carbs, creatine etc getting sucked into your muscles – it’s quite a rush.
I usually pass out and get myself a good cat nap and then get up and eat again :)
Anyone care to comment on this – in particular the SuperCissus dosages?
I cap mine from raw material and run it at 1g x 3. One pre workout and one 2x throughout the day.
As noted before, after going from P-Slin-powered workouts to this regime, I’ve been apprehensive on loss of strength, or at least some kind of plateau. Throw that idea out the door - today’s numbers speak for themselves:
Been living it for quite some time.

One word of advice - don't be affraid to add an extra day off between your split. Or at least get a lot more extra rest. Your CNS with thank you and you will see it reflected in body composition and subsequent perfromance.

Good luck!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Week 2

Update: 16 August 2008 Notes

From Friday PM to Sunday AM is my 2 days cycled off PowerFull.

Friday night’s sleep is usually okay, Saturday night not as deep – this also means Sunday’s workout has no PowerFull supplementation included in the preWO stack.

This also means recovery between Friday and Sundays workout is not going to be as strong (and generally isn't)

A little tricep soreness from Friday’s heavy session, not too bad.

Forearms are aching like hell – deep heat and Volarin gel rubbed in took a bit of the sting out. After a good dose of Poseidon and my arms shaped like claws, my bro reckoned I looked like Dr Zoidberg! (lol).

Update for Friday’s calorie count:

Wake to Workout: 176cal
Workout: 544cal
Cardio: 530cal
Ex-Gym until 17.30: 1,866cal
17.30-0600: 1,459cal
Total for 24hrs: 4,625cal

This is a lot higher than anticipated – especially for the last segment. Unfortunately I did not take a reading before bed, so cannot indicate how much I am burning during sleep.

Originally I was looking reduce my daily calorie intake to 3,500 – 4,000, however these numbers indicate 5,000 should be the target for continued growth.

Fortunately today I brought a new blender (old one shat itself), so to keep the calories up Im going to add one of my favourite ‘superfood shakes’ into the diet. Ingredients as follows:

4 whole eggs
1 scoop of whey
1 cup oats
1 med banana
Some blueberries
5g Spirulina powder
250ml full-cream milk
Ice cubes

Approx. 1,000cal and delicious!

This is blended before workout, put into a thermos and taken to work. Will get about three serving which will be timed at 1100, 1530 and 1700 meals.

There are pros and cons of whole raw eggs – some are scared of salmonella etc. I’ve been eating them for ages and had no problems. End of the day they are nutrient-dense, and should be part of any true bulking diet.

Ive got some Kangaroo fillets marinating in red wine and garlic at home – will be posting some nutritional info on that at a later stage. (Yes, Australians eat their national symbol!)

Coming Up: Chest/Back (Sunday)

Will be addressing some of B5150’s comments (much appreciated) with the next post, thanks for the support in general AMers!

Last edited:

Rhys26

Awards
Yeah those cals you are burning look quite high. Are you quite active while at work?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah those cals you are burning look quite high. Are you quite active while at work?
No. Unless out in the field (which is every 2 months or so), I sit in front of a computer and spent probably too much time on AM!

I believe in part it's because my metabolism is cranked so high.

Rhys26

Awards
No. Unless out in the field (which is every 2 months or so), I sit in front of a computer and spent probably too much time on AM!

I believe in part it's because my metabolism is cranked so high.
But the heart rate monitors just go off your heart rate. Unless you are getting very excited or stressed at work?

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But the heart rate monitors just go off your heart rate. Unless you are getting very excited or stressed at work?
....and age, weight.

In general, I am not a particularly stressfull person - I use the gym as an outlet and a life balance.

I do drink about 4-5 cups of black and green tea a day. The noticable difference is the ReCreate - that stuff totally cranks me up - thermo and appetite.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Week 3

Update: 17 August 2008 Chest/Back

Went to bed on a bad note, sleep was restless, woke up in a bad mind-space. Because the workout was a little later in the morning (0900) – I stayed up later and had two dinners.

Decided to up my Core Zap dosage from the recommended 4 to 6 caps.

Forearm ache moderate, used deep heat and Volarin gel to take a bit of the sting out.

Workout was solo, without a partner or spotter.

Workout Details:

Cardio Warm Up: 5min on Rower

Flat BB Press superset with BB Rows
(10-10 reps, 60-62.5-65kg/60-65-75kg, 3 sets)

Inclined BB Press superset with Pullups
(10-10 reps, 60-55-57.5kg/BW+5kg, 3 sets)

Flat DB Flys superset with Seated Cable Rows
(10-10 reps, 15kg/Stack-Stack+5kg, 3 sets)

10 minutes stretching

Workout Notes:

This is week 2 of returning to BBs over DB pressing after 3 months off. Previously used to fry my anterior delts, however the work done in between appears to have sorted this problem out. Okay numbers, could have gone a little heavier on the rows. Triceps a little fried after the last set.

After my first set of inclined BB got spooked. It wasn’t a good set, and left me apprehensive for the second and third. This NEVER happens – I’m usually the complete opposite with ALL sets ie hungry.

I had a slight headache forming as well – could have been from the extra Zap.
I pulled the weight right back – in hindsight the starting weight was probably a bit ambitious after the flat bench. No problems with the pull-ups.

Being spooked brought out some aggression for my last group of supersets. Hammered the cable rows with an additional 5kg plate on top of the stack. Good contractions and rhythm throughout the three sets – brought some satisfaction back into the workout.

Supplementation Notes:

SuperCissus: Too early to expect any effects on the tendon issue.

PowerFull: No dose – and like always, I don’t like having that ‘depth of mind’ absent from the workout.

ReCreate: Difference today is I was sweating like Michael Jackson at a sleepover (like that one StrategicMove?) – particularly during cardio.

P-Slin: Added in a medium-sized banana about 10minutes after the shake. That adds in an additional 27g carbs – 14g of which are sugars. Total = 117g. Seemed to do the trick.

Core Zap: As mentioned took 6 caps – 2 above recommendation. I did have more of the sweats, but I think it was too much overall stimulant (and I have a reasonably high tolerance to stims) – I wouldn’t recommend it.

Nimbus Swell: As before – great stuff. Will spike the periWO cocktail with an additional scoop of plain Poseidon as a test.

General Notes:

Used my heart rate monitor again to record the difference in calorie expenditure between smaller and larger muscle group workouts.

WarmUp: 100cal
Workout: 600cal
Cardio: 541cal
Total: 1,241 cal
Extrapolated total expenditure (for 24hrs): 4,615 cal

Surprisingly, this is slightly less calories than Friday’s arm workout, especially considering there is an additional 100cal expenditure from warmup. Could be lower intensity at play – will record again when workout is repeated with trainer.

In reply to B5150:

The longer I have run AP the less likely I am to get hypo at all, even hours after if I forget to eat. I have made a point to wait to eat at least a half hour now. My appetite becomes intense and then it seems to suck up the carbs real good.
I have also had this discussion with PMiller – I’ve been taking AP since January, and find 20-30 minutes is a better window before eating. I thought an hour or so might be stretching it, but apparently not. Totally agree on the appetite intensity, add in the effects that ReCreate has on my appetite and I feel like I could eat a horse between two bread trucks.

One word of advice - don't be afraid to add an extra day off between your split. Or at least get a lot more extra rest. Your CNS with thank you and you will see it reflected in body composition and subsequent perfromance.
I felt today’s workout reflected this – to be honest I knew my body wasn’t quite up for it. Preferably I would like to have a rolling programme that was independent of the week, however my trainer is highly regarded and is difficult getting in sessions that fit in with everything else.

This upcoming week I’m going to drop the Friday Bicep/Tricep workout, and bring the Chest/Back workout forward – it’s been a while since I’ve had my trainer supervising this day, and we can jack up the intensity. Should give the CNS (and my God-foresaken forearms) a bit of breathing space.

Below is some updated measurements – baseline is the beginning of the bulk (92kg/11%BF):

3-Apr-08/12-Aug-08

Chest: 104.0/110.0
Waist: 91.0 / 97.0
R Arm: 33.0 / 40.5
L Arm: 34.0 / 40.0
R F/Arm: / 31.5
L F/Arm: / 31.0
R Thigh: 57.0 / 63.5
L Thigh: 58.0 / 64.5
R Calf: / 40.5
L Calf: / 40.0

As you can see – the waist has completely blown out, as that is where I keep most of my fat. Legs and upper body have very little. Noticably, have lost a bit of visible vascularity through the arms, but as to be expected.

Weight Post Workout: (empty stomach)

102.6kg – I’m not entirely sure what to expect weight wise, I guess the indicator will be if weight starts dropping off by any great margin, then I need to eat more.

Coming Up: HIIT Cardio (Cancelled – need more rest)

Postscript:

*It’s 1700 in the afternoon and I’ve still got that a slight headache. Water intake is high, so it’s certainly not hydration-related.

*Massive thermogenic effect with mild sweats.

*Forearm pain a little more sublime – could this be the amazing effects of SuperCissus? (I hope to hell it is!)

Last edited:
b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
this is a really good log, very detailed

keep this up and i'd think you'd be worthy of a sponsered log, guys at A.N take notice, worthy tester here.

reps
:thumbsup:

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Update: 16 August 2008 Notes

Ive got some Kangaroo fillets marinating in red wine and garlic at home – will be posting some nutritional info on that at a later stage. (Yes, Australians eat their national symbol!)
So they should !

Kangaroo meat 5 times more CLA than lamb(Media Release - Ref 2004/67 - Apr 23 , 2004 )

The meat of Australia's bush kangaroo may be the highest known source of the healthy fat CLA, an Australian scientist has discovered.
CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) has been shown to reduce body fat in humans and has also been researched for its anti-carcinogenic and anti-diabetes properties.
It is already available, isolated from a plant source, for use in supplements and functional foods. But some researchers have also investigated the effects of increasing the content of CLA in food sources, such as dairy products, beef and lamb, in order to life our dietary intake of CLA.
However PhD student at the University of Western Australia Clare Engelke has found that the meat-fat of the Western Grey kangaroo in some circumstances has up to five times higher CLA content than lamb.
"Australian pastoral lamb is considered to be a relatively high source of CLA, so I was surprised to find the levels in kangaroos were that much higher in comparison," Engelke said.
Her study is believed to be the first research on CLA levels in kangaroos available in the public domain.
In collaboration with the University of Adelaide, Ms Engelke compared CLA levels in Western Grey kangaroos and lambs from the Badgingarra region in Western Australia and analysed tissue samples of other Western Greys, Red and Eastern Grey kangaroos from different areas of Australia.
CLA is produced in the stomach and tissues of ruminant animals such as sheep and cattle during the digestion process. Although kangaroos are not a true ruminant, they also ferment food in their foregut.
The meat is also very lean, with a 2 per cent fat content, and has high levels of protein, iron and zinc.
Engelke is now working to identify which microorganisms and circumstances are responsible for CLA formation and why kangaroo meat appears to be the highest known source of these healthy fats.
If successful, it may be possible to increase the CLA content of other meats and products to increase potential health benefits to consumers.

PS. Great log JKP :thumbsup:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks like great minds think alike Dragonfly!

That was the exact article I found as well - thanks for the contribution!

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
Roo's got a bit more protein than croc and yeah, it is quite cheap too

per 100g ------------- prot(g)----fat(g)-----E(kJ)

Crocodile-------------- 21.1-------1.9------436
Chicken Breast---------20.2-------10.2-----720
Beef Sirloin-------------19.3-------16-------921
Kangaroo---------------24---------1-3-----500
Lean Lamb------------- 22---------2-7-----530
Lean Beef --------------22---------2-5-----500