Kaleyrae is burnin' body rubber with Lipotrophin-PM & Napalm!

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0

    Talking Kaleyrae is burnin' that body rubber with Lipotrophin-PM & Napalm!


    .
    Thank you everyone for coming to follow my log. It's my first log on Anabolicminds. I would like to thank my boyfriend Texaslifter89 for giving me Lipotrophin-PM and motivating me to attain my goals. Also, I thank Rodja for being so kind to send me some Napalm.

    Stats:
    Ht: 5'6
    Wt: 133
    BF%: My guess is somewhere between 17-19.
    I'm trying to find someone who can give me an accurate reading!
    No luck yet! (And, those hand-held readers are a joke!)

    Supplements:
    Lipotrophin-PM


    Napalm


    Goal:
    Short: 15%
    Long: 125 LBS @ 14%

    Diet:
    Calories:~1550
    Carbs: 55%
    Protein: 25%
    Fat: 20%

    Training:
    Varies day to day
    Mon. - Upper Body
    Tues. - HIIT Cardio
    Wed. - Full-Body
    Thurs. - HIIT Cardio
    Fri. - Off Day
    Sat. - HIIT Cardio + Lower Body
    Sun. - Off Day


    Pictures:
    BEFORE

  2. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0

    Lightbulb Lipotrophin-PM write up


    The Applied Nutriceuticals research team is proud to introduce Lipotrophin-PM, The most effective non-stimulant thermogenic available that actually outperforms most of the stimulant-based fat-burners on the market today! This highly effective formulation was developed through our exhaustive research into nearly one-hundred different ingredients currently used in various weight-loss products on the market, along with an in-depth analysis of the potential benefits of several newly discovered compounds. Lipotrophin-PM is the result of that research.

    The absence of stimulants makes this product ideal for nighttime use. Conversely, since it also has no sedative effects, users who prefer not to use stimulant-based products during the day can use Lipotrophin-PM in the morning and mid-day with outstanding results. This is due in part to the effects of the L-Dopa, which is converted in the body to the hormone dopamine. Dopamine stimulates the pituitary's secretion of growth hormone; amplifying the action of fat-burning hormones, stabilizing blood sugar and triggering muscle hypertrophy; all while promoting a deeper, more restful sleep.

    Lipotrophin-PM also contains corosolic acid, of which the positive effects on blood sugar are only recently being understood. Clinical research has proven that corosolic acid increases glucose transport into insulin-sensitive muscle tissue, while decreasing glucose transport into fat (adipose) cells. The result is increased serum insulin sensitivity which helps stabilize and lower blood sugar levels. Individuals with type-2 diabetes can benefit greatly from this compound due to its effects on blood sugar and fat metabolization.

    Lipotrophin-PM attacks fat cells from yet another angle; by stimulating thyroid production of T4 and its subsequent conversion to T3 - two powerful hormones that play a direct role in increasing your metabolic rate. It also suppresses the production of the stress hormone cortisol, which promotes the deposit of fat in the midsection while having catabolic effects on lean muscle. On top of it all, by maintaining consistent blood sugar levels (especially in the evening) Lipotrophin-PM helps prevent those dreaded night-time hunger cravings that can ruin an entire day of otherwise healthy dieting.

    Another benefit of Lipotrophin-PM is that it is an extremely effective appetite suppressant. It curbs hunger and cravings through increased CCK, a hormone that works with the central nervous system to signal satiety. It also allows less fat to be digested by slowing the release of pancreatic lipase, which is an enzyme that digests dietary fat that would otherwise be stored as adipose tissue (body fat). On the contrary, Lipotrophin-PM increases the use of fat for fuel over carbohydrates, so you burn more fat and store less, while feeling less hungry.

    In addition to all of its incredible fat-melting properties, Lipotrophin-PM is also a powerful anti-catabolic; helping you maintain and grow lean muscle that is often sacrificed when dieting. Regular use of Lipotrophin-PM will shift your body's energy source from using glycogen and protein to using fat for fuel instead. This helps preserve skeletal muscle, which would otherwise be relied upon more heavily for fuel without Lipotrophin-PM. In conclusion, Lipotrophin-PM is the one of the most researched fat-burners available, and whether you use it by itself or stack it with our stimulant-based Lipotrophin-AM, you'll see and feel dramatic results faster than you ever thought possible, without paying the premiums demanded by the over-hyped and watered-down national brands. The result will be a leaner, stronger, healthier you.
    Last edited by kaleyrae90; 08-05-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Lipotrophin-PM Write Up
  3. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    saved 2
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    saved 3
  5. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0

    Final Review


    .....
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kaleyrae90 View Post
    Thank you everyone for coming to follow my log this is my first log on Anabolicminds.I would like to thank my boyfriend Texaslifter89 for giving me this in helping me attain my goals with Lipotrophin-PM and also Rodja for being so kind to send some Napalm.

    Stats:
    Ht:5'6
    Wt:136
    BF%:19% (rechecking tomorrow)

    Supplements:
    Lipotrophin-Pm


    Napalm


    Goal:
    Short:15%
    Long: 125 LBS @ 14%

    Diet:
    Calories:~1200
    Carbs:55%
    Protein: 25%
    Fat: 20%

    Training:
    Varies day to day

    Pictures:
    Coming Tomorrow
    Good luck, girl....I would recommend a HIGHER calorie intake though. 1200 is awfully low! Find your maintenance calories and only go as low as 500 BELOW that, and cycle calories (i.e. high and low calorie days); this will actually work better than constant low calories all the time (remember that you DON'T want your metabolism slowing down)...Make sure that you're doing SOME resistance training, too, and not just hours of cardio (resistance exercise is BETTER for losing fat than juts cardio; and HIIT cardio means less time spent doing cardio for the same benefits)...Also, DON'T be too concerned/focussed on what the SCALE WEIGHT says (muscle is heavier than fat, and even if you are 14% bodyfat, you may be heavier tham what you WANT to be, but will still LOOK better; get what I mean?); body COMPOSITION is far more important...Just a few suggestions...I will be following along...
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Good luck, girl....I would recommend a HIGHER calorie intake though. 1200 is awfully low! Find your maintenance calories and only go as low as 500 BELOW that, and cycle calories (i.e. high and low calorie days); this will actually work better than constant low calories all the time (remember that you DON'T want your metabolism slowing down)...Make sure that you're doing SOME resistance training, too, and not just hours of cardio (resistance exercise is BETTER for losing fat than juts cardio; and HIIT cardio means less time spent doing cardio for the same benefits)...Also, DON'T be too concerned/focussed on what the SCALE WEIGHT says (muscle is heavier than fat, and even if you are 14% bodyfat, you may be heavier tham what you WANT to be, but will still LOOK better; get what I mean?); body COMPOSITION is far more important...Just a few suggestions...I will be following along...
    Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, 1200 cal/day isn't really set it stone just yet. I know I used to be obsessed with scale weight. You're right though, it's more of how you look & BF% than numbers on the scale. So what kind of resistance training do you suggest? And what about number of calories/day?
  8. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Answers
    0


    in for the girlfriend! Good luck!!
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  9. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0

    Resistance Training and Estimanting Energy Expenditure Calculations


    Quote Originally Posted by kaleyrae90 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, 1200 cal/day isn't really set it stone just yet. I know I used to be obsessed with scale weight. You're right though, it's more of how you look & BF% than numbers on the scale. So what kind of resistance training do you suggest? And what about number of calories/day?
    Losing Fat

    You will lose fat by dieting alone, but not as effectively as you would using a calorie controlled diet AND exercise plan. If you just dieted, you would end up as a smaller version of yourself right now. Exercise helps you to build muscle (which helps you to burn more calories and lose more fat in the process), as well as helping you feel good about yourself, and providing a way to distress.


    Exercise Programme for Fat Loss

    The best exercise programme for losing fat is one that includes weights, cardio (mostly in the form of high intensity stuff), and some flexibility (just to help your joints).

    For resistance training it depends on what experience you have. I would highly recommend that you do some research and looking of your own, to see what's out there, and to experiment with different things. However, here is a quick rundown on some stuff you could do:


    Resistance Training

    If you are a beginner, you can start off with 2 days per week (full-body sessions, look at my log for some ideas of what you could do here for these). Otherwise, I would recommend a 3 or 4 day split. Each bodypart should be trained ONCE a week; this gives it plenty of time to recover before the next training session. For example, Monday = Legs & Abs, Tuesday = Chest & Back, Thursday = Shoulders & Traps, Friday = Arms & Abs. (You only need to do Abs twice a week; it woks the same as any other bodypart). Exercises that you should be doing are multijoint, compound exercises, as they use more than one muscle, and are the most effective for not only building muscle, but also in burning fat, because they are recruiting more of your body to perform the exercise than isolation exercises (these are a waste of time unless you are looking for a pump close to competition, really). The best compound exercises that you can do are the squat and the deadlift, as they use pretty much EVERY muscle in your body. Other compound exercises that are good to include are the power clean, bench press, shoulder press, pull-ups, dips, as well as calf raises (the only isolation exercise that’s really good).You should be doing at least 2 exercises for each muscle group, with 4 sets of 6-10 (even up to 12) reps per exercise, with 1-2 minutes recovery in between (the shorter the recovery, the lighter your weights will possibly be, which will give you a ‘cardio’ workout as well). You should never spend longer than 45-50 minutes in total lifting (i.e. your session should take that long from the time you walk in to the time you walk out, excluding if you do a warm-up – and this is strictly your own preference); otherwise you become too catabolic and end up losing muscle. You also need to change your weights programme around slightly every 4-6 weeks, just so that your body does not get used to it and stop adapting. This can be as little as changing the order of exercises in a session or the number of sets and/or reps that you do for an exercise (and it only needs to be one exercise changed at a time, small adjustments over the weeks).

    Here’s a sample resistance plan:

    Legs & Abs:
    1. Barbell (BB) Squat 4 x 8-10 (can do this either front or back)
    2. BB Deadlift 4 x 6-8
    3. Standing Calf Raises 6 x 6 (This set-rep combination has given me the best development and definition in my calves).
    4. Abs – ~100 reps total of any ab exercises (stick to the basics, like crunches, weighted crunches, rope crunches, knee raises, hanging knee raises, etc.) – i.e. 3-4 exercises of 10-15 reps per exercise, done as a superset, with 30-60 seconds recovery in between

    Chest & Back:
    1. Flat BB Bench Press (BP) 4 x 8-10
    2. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x as many as possible (this is a VERY hard exercise, and if you can only do 1-2 to start with by yourself, put a bench under your feet, so that you can start yourself up at the top, and then lower yourself SLOWLY for a negative rep; this still works the muscle big-time!) – i.e. aim for 6-8 reps, and do whatever you can by yourself and then do negative reps to make it up to 6-8
    3. Incline BB BP 4 x 8-10
    4. 4. Bent Over BB Row 4 x 8-10
    NB: You may want to use dumbbells (DB) instead of the BB for BP; it’s your preference, really.

    Shoulders & Traps:
    1. Seated BB/DB Shoulder Press 4 x 10
    2. Standing DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10-12
    3. Lying DB Rear Raises 4 x 10-12
    4. DB Shrugs or BB Upright Row 4 x 8-10

    Arms & Abs:
    1. Dips 4 x as many as possible (you can do bench dips if you want instead, where you put your hands shoulder-width apart on a bench and your feet on the floor, knees bent at 90 degrees, thighs parallel to the floor, and lower yourself until your elbows are at 90 degrees flexion) – this is a very hard exercise.
    2. Close-Grip Flat BB BP 4 x 6-8
    3. Standing Close-Grip BB Bicep Curl (BC) 4 x 8-10
    4. Incline DB BC 4 x 8-10
    5. Abs - ~100 reps total

    This is just a basic sample programme. You may want to do a different split – i.e. push/pull, or upper body/lower body etc. Whatever suits you is ok.

    Be sure that you ALWAYS use good form for EVERY exercise; otherwise you are putting yourself at risk for injury. All reps should be CONTROLLED and with good form (don’t cheat). It’s not about how MUCH you can lift, but how WELL you lift. You WILL get stronger as you keep at it (although maybe not so much when trying to lose fat, but this depends on the individual).

    Make sure that you have a protein shake with some simple sugar (i.e. fruit smoothie with ice and protein powder is great here) as soon as possible after your resistance training, and then a PROPER meal (i.e. including ~50 grams of complex CHO, ~30 grams of protein, fibrous CHO) about 30 minutes after your post-workout shake.


    Cardio

    Long, slow cardio burns calories, yes, but you are doing that for a long period of time. The most effective way to burn fat through cardio is to do a) Interval training (i.e. efforts), or b) do your cardio at a HIGHER intensity (i.e. just going out and running as fast as you can over a certain distance, instead of 45 minutes at a 60% HRmax). Forget about the ‘Fat Burning Zone’; the harder you work during cardio, the more fat you will lose. When I first attempted to lose fat (and I still do this NOW) I did something called ‘Guerrilla Cardio’ (GC). It is tabata intervals done sprinting (instead of on a bike). All you do jog lightly for 4 minutes as a ‘warm-up’; then you do 8 x 20 seconds hard-out-as-fast-as-you-can sprints/efforts, and jog easy for 10 seconds after each one; finishing with a 4 minutes easy jog ‘cool-down’. I do GC (or variations of it; now I increase how many efforts I do, and sometimes do up to 32) 3 days a week, with a rest day between each one, as it is very hard and takes a lot out of you. If you do this, and you are doing weights and eating to lose fat, then you will most definitely see results. If you feel that you NEED to do MORE cardio, you can do brisk walks every other day, or perhaps a run (but no MORE than 30 minutes; after 30 minutes of running you are very catabolic and are likely to lose muscle, which you don’t want to happen). Skipping, stair sprinting/running, or rowing, are the next highest calorie burners after sprinting. Some people will tell you that you need to be doing 2 hours of cardio a day, or double cardio sessions, to lose fat, but as long as you are eating RIGHT, doing weights 2-4 times per week, doing cardio 3 or more times per week for 12-30 minutes per day (depending on the intensity; the higher the intensity the shorter you do it for!), and allowing your body to RECOVER (this is VERY important; if you do TOO much, then your body won’t be able to recover properly and you won’t get the results you want, since your body only adapts and gets results in the RECOVERY time!), then you will lose fat!


    Flexibility

    Just stretch for 10-20 minutes per day, preferably AFTER you have done either cardio or weights, while your muscles are still warm. This just makes sure that you can move freely and easily.


    Remember that MORE is not always best! You want maximal results for minimal time. You also need to remember that some of this is experimental, and about finding what works best for YOU, since everyone is different and responds differently to diet and exercise.


    Calculating Energy Expenditure

    I've attach the calculations for estimating your 'maintenace' calories (this is the method that I use for clients in estimating their energy expenditure (otherwise I get them to record everything they do for a day and then go through energy expenditure tables for that, but that takes ages), and is easy enough to do). I would suggest that you decrease your calories by 200 calories from maintenance initially, and see what the results are at the end of the week, and then decrease by 100 (but no more than 500) a week if you're not happy with things. Or you could calorie cycle; this is when you do 2-3 days of fat-loss calories (i.e. 100-500 less than maintenance calories), and then 1-2 days of higher calories (i.e. either maintenance or bulking (up to 500 (or more) ABOVE maintenance calories) calories).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Losing Fat

    You will lose fat by dieting alone, but not as effectively as you would using a calorie controlled diet AND exercise plan. If you just dieted, you would end up as a smaller version of yourself right now. Exercise helps you to build muscle (which helps you to burn more calories and lose more fat in the process), as well as helping you feel good about yourself, and providing a way to distress.


    Exercise Programme for Fat Loss

    The best exercise programme for losing fat is one that includes weights, cardio (mostly in the form of high intensity stuff), and some flexibility (just to help your joints).

    For resistance training it depends on what experience you have. I would highly recommend that you do some research and looking of your own, to see what's out there, and to experiment with different things. However, here is a quick rundown on some stuff you could do:


    Resistance Training

    If you are a beginner, you can start off with 2 days per week (full-body sessions, look at my log for some ideas of what you could do here for these). Otherwise, I would recommend a 3 or 4 day split. Each bodypart should be trained ONCE a week; this gives it plenty of time to recover before the next training session. For example, Monday = Legs & Abs, Tuesday = Chest & Back, Thursday = Shoulders & Traps, Friday = Arms & Abs. (You only need to do Abs twice a week; it woks the same as any other bodypart). Exercises that you should be doing are multijoint, compound exercises, as they use more than one muscle, and are the most effective for not only building muscle, but also in burning fat, because they are recruiting more of your body to perform the exercise than isolation exercises (these are a waste of time unless you are looking for a pump close to competition, really). The best compound exercises that you can do are the squat and the deadlift, as they use pretty much EVERY muscle in your body. Other compound exercises that are good to include are the power clean, bench press, shoulder press, pull-ups, dips, as well as calf raises (the only isolation exercise that’s really good).You should be doing at least 2 exercises for each muscle group, with 4 sets of 6-10 (even up to 12) reps per exercise, with 1-2 minutes recovery in between (the shorter the recovery, the lighter your weights will possibly be, which will give you a ‘cardio’ workout as well). You should never spend longer than 45-50 minutes in total lifting (i.e. your session should take that long from the time you walk in to the time you walk out, excluding if you do a warm-up – and this is strictly your own preference); otherwise you become too catabolic and end up losing muscle. You also need to change your weights programme around slightly every 4-6 weeks, just so that your body does not get used to it and stop adapting. This can be as little as changing the order of exercises in a session or the number of sets and/or reps that you do for an exercise (and it only needs to be one exercise changed at a time, small adjustments over the weeks).

    Here’s a sample resistance plan:

    Legs & Abs:
    1. Barbell (BB) Squat 4 x 8-10 (can do this either front or back)
    2. BB Deadlift 4 x 6-8
    3. Standing Calf Raises 6 x 6 (This set-rep combination has given me the best development and definition in my calves).
    4. Abs – ~100 reps total of any ab exercises (stick to the basics, like crunches, weighted crunches, rope crunches, knee raises, hanging knee raises, etc.) – i.e. 3-4 exercises of 10-15 reps per exercise, done as a superset, with 30-60 seconds recovery in between

    Chest & Back:
    1. Flat BB Bench Press (BP) 4 x 8-10
    2. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x as many as possible (this is a VERY hard exercise, and if you can only do 1-2 to start with by yourself, put a bench under your feet, so that you can start yourself up at the top, and then lower yourself SLOWLY for a negative rep; this still works the muscle big-time!) – i.e. aim for 6-8 reps, and do whatever you can by yourself and then do negative reps to make it up to 6-8
    3. Incline BB BP 4 x 8-10
    4. 4. Bent Over BB Row 4 x 8-10
    NB: You may want to use dumbbells (DB) instead of the BB for BP; it’s your preference, really.

    Shoulders & Traps:
    1. Seated BB/DB Shoulder Press 4 x 10
    2. Standing DB Lateral Raises 4 x 10-12
    3. Lying DB Rear Raises 4 x 10-12
    4. DB Shrugs or BB Upright Row 4 x 8-10

    Arms & Abs:
    1. Dips 4 x as many as possible (you can do bench dips if you want instead, where you put your hands shoulder-width apart on a bench and your feet on the floor, knees bent at 90 degrees, thighs parallel to the floor, and lower yourself until your elbows are at 90 degrees flexion) – this is a very hard exercise.
    2. Close-Grip Flat BB BP 4 x 6-8
    3. Standing Close-Grip BB Bicep Curl (BC) 4 x 8-10
    4. Incline DB BC 4 x 8-10
    5. Abs - ~100 reps total

    This is just a basic sample programme. You may want to do a different split – i.e. push/pull, or upper body/lower body etc. Whatever suits you is ok.

    Be sure that you ALWAYS use good form for EVERY exercise; otherwise you are putting yourself at risk for injury. All reps should be CONTROLLED and with good form (don’t cheat). It’s not about how MUCH you can lift, but how WELL you lift. You WILL get stronger as you keep at it (although maybe not so much when trying to lose fat, but this depends on the individual).

    Make sure that you have a protein shake with some simple sugar (i.e. fruit smoothie with ice and protein powder is great here) as soon as possible after your resistance training, and then a PROPER meal (i.e. including ~50 grams of complex CHO, ~30 grams of protein, fibrous CHO) about 30 minutes after your post-workout shake.


    Cardio

    Long, slow cardio burns calories, yes, but you are doing that for a long period of time. The most effective way to burn fat through cardio is to do a) Interval training (i.e. efforts), or b) do your cardio at a HIGHER intensity (i.e. just going out and running as fast as you can over a certain distance, instead of 45 minutes at a 60% HRmax). Forget about the ‘Fat Burning Zone’; the harder you work during cardio, the more fat you will lose. When I first attempted to lose fat (and I still do this NOW) I did something called ‘Guerrilla Cardio’ (GC). It is tabata intervals done sprinting (instead of on a bike). All you do jog lightly for 4 minutes as a ‘warm-up’; then you do 8 x 20 seconds hard-out-as-fast-as-you-can sprints/efforts, and jog easy for 10 seconds after each one; finishing with a 4 minutes easy jog ‘cool-down’. I do GC (or variations of it; now I increase how many efforts I do, and sometimes do up to 32) 3 days a week, with a rest day between each one, as it is very hard and takes a lot out of you. If you do this, and you are doing weights and eating to lose fat, then you will most definitely see results. If you feel that you NEED to do MORE cardio, you can do brisk walks every other day, or perhaps a run (but no MORE than 30 minutes; after 30 minutes of running you are very catabolic and are likely to lose muscle, which you don’t want to happen). Skipping, stair sprinting/running, or rowing, are the next highest calorie burners after sprinting. Some people will tell you that you need to be doing 2 hours of cardio a day, or double cardio sessions, to lose fat, but as long as you are eating RIGHT, doing weights 2-4 times per week, doing cardio 3 or more times per week for 12-30 minutes per day (depending on the intensity; the higher the intensity the shorter you do it for!), and allowing your body to RECOVER (this is VERY important; if you do TOO much, then your body won’t be able to recover properly and you won’t get the results you want, since your body only adapts and gets results in the RECOVERY time!), then you will lose fat!


    Flexibility

    Just stretch for 10-20 minutes per day, preferably AFTER you have done either cardio or weights, while your muscles are still warm. This just makes sure that you can move freely and easily.


    Remember that MORE is not always best! You want maximal results for minimal time. You also need to remember that some of this is experimental, and about finding what works best for YOU, since everyone is different and responds differently to diet and exercise.


    Calculating Energy Expenditure

    I've attach the calculations for estimating your 'maintenace' calories (this is the method that I use for clients in estimating their energy expenditure (otherwise I get them to record everything they do for a day and then go through energy expenditure tables for that, but that takes ages), and is easy enough to do). I would suggest that you decrease your calories by 200 calories from maintenance initially, and see what the results are at the end of the week, and then decrease by 100 (but no more than 500) a week if you're not happy with things. Or you could calorie cycle; this is when you do 2-3 days of fat-loss calories (i.e. 100-500 less than maintenance calories), and then 1-2 days of higher calories (i.e. either maintenance or bulking (up to 500 (or more) ABOVE maintenance calories) calories).



    You are an angel! Thank you so much! I'm going to see if I can get Austin to help me set up a good w/o routine tonight or tomorrow. I hear him trying to explain it to me all the time but it's nice to actually see it written out. I'm going to start taking 4 Lipo-PM/day. We'll see how it goes Thanks again for everything!
  11. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kaleyrae90 View Post
    You are an angel! Thank you so much! I'm going to see if I can get Austin to help me set up a good w/o routine tonight or tomorrow. I hear him trying to explain it to me all the time but it's nice to actually see it written out. I'm going to start taking 4 Lipo-PM/day. We'll see how it goes Thanks again for everything!
    Not a problem at all, lady. Glad I can help you out. If you need any more help let me know, aye

    PS. I would NOT recommend doing weights daily; your body NEEDS time to RECOVER!!! As for cardio, you still need to have a COMPLETE DAY OFF for rest and recovery. (You can use my logs for ideas, but I would NEVER recommend that anyone ELSE does what I do. I like to seriously **** my body up, and have been training for years, so it can handle it).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,400
    Answers
    1


    In for my brother Tex's lady log. Lookin forward to how you set this up.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. Registered User
    Craigmatthew's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,010
    Answers
    0


    good luck with the goals, and well done Guejsn with the useful tips
  14. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Craigmatthew View Post
    good luck with the goals, and well done Guejsn with the useful tips
    That's what I'm here for, silvertongue
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  15. Registered User
    Outside Backer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,629
    Answers
    0


    this should be quite interesting looking forward to this
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  16. CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
    Board Sponsor
    Usf97j4x4's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,154
    Answers
    0


    Lipo PM is one of my favorite fat burners... I LOVE IT

    GL
  17. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    this should be quite interesting looking forward to this
    So am I!
  18. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Usf97j4x4 View Post
    Lipo PM is one of my favorite fat burners... I LOVE IT

    GL
    I can't wait to see if I get results
    What made it so different for you than other fat burners??
  19. Registered User
    Inarius's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,377
    Answers
    0


    subd
    SFW and GFH
  20. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0


    Glad to hear you've heard about HIIT, it's how I managed to get myself shredded last summer, and it saves you lots of time. I like doing it after workouts except for leg days. Tabita 2:1 is brutal, I usual do 1:2, 30s sprint 60s rest for 10 intervals but that's just what I've got used to. 45-60 minutes of elliptical work is another favourite of mine, and I've done it so long that I can zone out and manage to read a book/do crosswords etc. while getting in my cardio!

    I've got a bottle of Lipo AM and PM here that I'll probably use in the future myself too. Good luck on your workout plan/diet!
  21. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Answers
    0


    day 1 tonight baby! gonna get after this
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  22. Registered User
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,298
    Answers
    0


    subbed for sure! good luck!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  23. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    subbed for sure! good luck!
    thanks!!
  24. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Glad to hear you've heard about HIIT, it's how I managed to get myself shredded last summer, and it saves you lots of time. I like doing it after workouts except for leg days. Tabita 2:1 is brutal, I usual do 1:2, 30s sprint 60s rest for 10 intervals but that's just what I've got used to. 45-60 minutes of elliptical work is another favourite of mine, and I've done it so long that I can zone out and manage to read a book/do crosswords etc. while getting in my cardio!

    I've got a bottle of Lipo AM and PM here that I'll probably use in the future myself too. Good luck on your workout plan/diet!
    Yeah an hour of the elliptical is what i usually do. Crank up the resistance and it kicks my butt!!! BTW, what's tabita? Teehee I'm still a newb
  25. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kaleyrae90 View Post
    Yeah an hour of the elliptical is what i usually do. Crank up the resistance and it kicks my butt!!! BTW, what's tabita? Teehee I'm still a newb
    i never thought i would hear you say..newb. Ahaha. did you get any emails back yet?
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  26. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    i never thought i would hear you say..newb. Ahaha. did you get any emails back yet?
    I am a newb, though. Idk what else to call myself. I still gotta learn the ropes No emails ...yet.
  27. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kaleyrae90 View Post
    I am a newb, though. Idk what else to call myself. I still gotta learn the ropes No emails ...yet.
    hmm alright. i guess we will talk to court before going to ikea bub
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  28. Board Supporter
    metroba's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,064
    Answers
    0


    Setup looks good! Good luck with this!

    Subbd
    Body Performance Solutions
    Home: http://bpsnutrition.net/
    Facebook: @Body Performance Solutions
  29. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,259
    Answers
    0


    Good luck!! I'm also using the PM beofre bed as one of my fat burners.
  30. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Answers
    0


    Best of luck with this log! I'm in to see your transformation.

    BTW - That austin is a pretty good guy.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  31. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Best of luck with this log! I'm in to see your transformation.

    BTW - That austin is a pretty good guy.
    haha you know it john!
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  32. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Good luck!! I'm also using the PM beofre bed as one of my fat burners.
    Oh really? How long have you been taking it? Have you seen any results yet?
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    crader's Avatar
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,259
    Answers
    0


    Well I started contest prep on Monday so I started it then. I'm scheduled to take three diff fat burners a day So nothing really yet, but i do sleep well on it. Some wild dreams lately though?
  34. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Best of luck with this log! I'm in to see your transformation.

    BTW - That austin is a pretty good guy.
    Thank you!! Yes, I got quite a good catch if I may say so myself
  35. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,174
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kaleyrae90 View Post
    Yeah an hour of the elliptical is what i usually do. Crank up the resistance and it kicks my butt!!! BTW, what's tabita? Teehee I'm still a newb
    TABATA is 2:1 effort:rest/easy intervals. It can be done in any mode, but is usually associated with doing it on a bike/cycle ergometer. I do mine on both a bike and sprinting (i.e. running). I do 4 min warm-up/easy, the do 8 x 20 second efforts followed by 10 seconds "rest"/easy, and finish with 4 min cool-down/easy. It's very short and simple, but VERY effective, especially in helping lose fat (works for me).
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  36. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    TABATA is 2:1 effort:rest/easy intervals. It can be done in any mode, but is usually associated with doing it on a bike/cycle ergometer I do mine on both a bike and sprinting (i.e. running). I do 4 min warm-up/easy, the do 8 x 20 second efforts followed by 10 seconds "rest"/easy, and finish with 4 min cool-down/easy. It's very short and simple, but VERY effective, especially in helping lose fat (works for me).
    Oh that sounds good. So would that also work on the elliptical? That's my all time fave
  37. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    Well I started contest prep on Monday so I started it then. I'm scheduled to take three diff fat burners a day So nothing really yet, but i do sleep well on it. Some wild dreams lately though?
    Wild dreams? That doesn't sound too good haha I don't need anymore of those. I like it so far... I feel really rested when I wake up. It has to be the Lipo-PM because that never happens for me. So what other fat burners are you taking?
  38. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,149
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    TABATA is 2:1 effort:rest/easy intervals. It can be done in any mode, but is usually associated with doing it on a bike/cycle ergometer I do mine on both a bike and sprinting (i.e. running). I do 4 min warm-up/easy, the do 8 x 20 second efforts followed by 10 seconds "rest"/easy, and finish with 4 min cool-down/easy. It's very short and simple, but VERY effective, especially in helping lose fat (works for me).
    Tabata makes me hate life. I can do a 1:1 ratio on a treadmill at 11MPH on 6% grade, but the increased pace of Tabata is painful, especially if you try it in TX heat.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  39. Registered User
    TexasLifter89's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8,239
    Answers
    0


    tabata sounds like it could give me some nasty shin splints.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  40. Registered User
    kaleyrae90's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  133 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    121
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Tabata makes me hate life. I can do a 1:1 ratio on a treadmill at 11MPH on 6% grade, but the increased pace of Tabata is painful, especially if you try it in TX heat.
    That's no bueno... hah that kinda scared me
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. TREN INFERNO, Burnin the fat away
    By DBdude in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 08:55 PM
  2. Orangatang's Burnin' with Purus Fat Smack (sponsored)
    By Orangatang in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 10:45 AM
  3. Napalm as body cream?
    By strategicmove in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 12:42 PM
  4. rubber seals ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in