EcdyMorph - 99% 20hydroxyecdysone in Crystalline Form

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those who didn't follow along in the Ecdysterone thread :) all I did was copy and paste.

Enjoy and long live Ecdy! ;)

Ingredient Source

EcdyMorph (99% 20-hydroxyecdysone) is extracted from the herbaceous perennial plant Rhaponticum Carthamoides. The same plant source used in human and animal studies . Most ecdysterone products sold in the market today use an extract derived from Cyanotis Vaga. This is a much cheaper extract and is usually only standardized to 40-70% 20-Hydroxecdysone.

Extraction Method

EcdyMorph is produced using an extensive series of procedures to reach a purity of 99% 20-hydroxyecdysone. The final step in the process is super critical CO² extraction. This process creates material in a crystalline form. This formation of crystals differentiates EcdyMorph from other ecdysterone extracts. The difference can be seen using X-ray crystallography. This may explain why a 20-hydroxyecdysone extract with puritiy greater than 99% can be considerbly more effective than a slightly less pure extract.

Ecdymorph Dosing

There is controversy as to how much ecdysterone someone must consume to obtain desired results. The debate has risen due to the various extracts that have been used in the many different ecdysterone containing products. The quality of the ecdysterone extract greatly influences effectiveness. We have found that a 20 mg dose off a 99% 20hydroxyecdysone in crystalline form is effective and should be taken two to threes times a day. Ecdysterone has a relatively short half life, so frequent dosing is necessary. Many companies using a cheaper, lesser pure extracts suggest consumers to take much higher amounts to receive benefits. We are convinced that 20 mg of EcdyMorph is more beneficial than several hundred milligrams of a Cyanotis Vaga ecdysterone extract.

The Science and Clinical Studies

Phytoecdysteroids, which are structurally identical to insect molting hormones, produce a range of effects in mammals, including increasing growth and physical performance. They also have been reported to have effects in lowering of cholesterol, and management of healthy blood glucose levels.

There have not been numerous human studies done on ecdysterone . More importantly, very few studies have been conducted using a 99% 20-hydroxyecdysone extract. There is a particular study done with athletes published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. It was titled: “Effects of Methoxyisoflavone, Ecdysterone, and Sulfo-Polysaccharide Supplementation on Training Adaptations in Resistance-Trained Males”. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129166/ This was a very disappointing study. This study was most likely designed to discredit the effectiveness of ecdysterone as a nutritional supplement. They used a cheap ecdysterone extract and had the athletes take one single dose daily. The study was designed to fail and was most likely funded by a company that didn't have ecdysterone in their product line. At the time of the study there were a couple good ecdysterone products available that contained a 97% 20-hydroxyecdysone. These product were effective at dose ranging from 10-20 mg.

There have been two recent studies with a 99% 20-Hydroxyecdysone on mice suggesting its ability to increase muscle protein synthesis, reducing body fat, and produce an anti-diabetic effect. The studies are very interesting and can be found on the internet. The studies are listed below.

20-Hydroxyecdysone increases fiber size in a muscle-specific fashion in rat. Phytomedicine: International Journal of Phytotherapy & Phytopharmacology; September 1, 2008, Volume: 15 Issue: 9 Page: 691(8)
20-Hydroxyecdysone decreases weight and hyperglycemia in a diet-induced obesity mice model. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:433-439, 2009.

The results of these studies were very impressive. We realize that consumers are not Rodentia, but the findings support anecdotal evidence collected throughout the years from consumers who used products containing Ecdymorph (99% 20-hydroxyecdysone).

The most interesting study with ecdysteroids done to date was published in 2008. Phytoecdysteroids Increase Protein Synthesis in Skeletal Muscle Cells. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2008, 56, 3532–3537. This study not only measured an increase in protein synthesis, but also suggested how ecdysteroids work. The conclusion of the study: "In mammals, which seem to lack homologous receptors, the molecular mechanisms of ecdysteroid action are still unknown. Although our findings suggest that ecdysteroids may be mediated by a pathway that converges on the PI3K pathway, rather than on the androgen receptor pathway, more study is needed to confirm this hypothesis".

Other notable studies:

* Chermnykh, N.S., et.al. (1988). The action of methandrostenolone and ecdysterone on the physical endurance of animals and on protein metabolism in the skeletal muscles. Farmakol. Tok. (USSR). 51, 57-60

* Simakin, S. Yu., et al., (1988). The Combined Use of Ecdisten and the Product 'Bodrost' during Training in Cyclical Types of Sport. Scientific Sports Bulletin, No. 2

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

1973Hessian

Awards
So, I'm just wondering if you can tell me where I can find/purchase 20-Hydroxyecdysone/20-Hydroxyecdysterone that is 99%.
Any help finding a product of this quality would be Greatly appreciated. Thanks! Sincerely, Mike

1973Hessian

Awards
Hey, Thanks! I appreciate that man.
I searched & searched & couldn't seem to find it anywhere.
Yes, I have used 20-Hydroxyecdysterone before but it was a "weaker" quality supplement, not 99%.
So No, I've never used it at that potency.
That may be why although I thought that it helped a little bit, I didn't get the results I was hoping for or expecting.
Thanks again. Once I can get some & have ample time to try it out, I'll try to let you know how it works for me.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I know this is off subject, but I keep going back to my 'cycle' of Animal Test and M-Stack being the best natural program I ever experienced, and I think the difference was two fold: TURKESTERONE, and to a lesser extent yet still important, Arachidonic Acid.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know this is off subject, but I keep going back to my 'cycle' of Animal Test and M-Stack being the best natural program I ever experienced, and I think the difference was two fold: TURKESTERONE, and to a lesser extent yet still important, Arachidonic Acid.
How many packs of each did u ran a day and for how long?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Grayson Supplements 12
Ari Gold Product Reviews 1
Whacked Supplements 5
StackedCop I-Force Nutrition 232
StackedCop Supplement Logs 162