New tone of the show.

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Pocono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cogrick2 View Post
    Carl recently said that he has to be careful revealing whatever is happening to him and I take him at his word. Might you be satisfied if he simply said that whatever is happening with him does not change his exercise suggestions for the rest of us? He almost said as much by saying that his condition is inherited. He also said recently that he would talk more about his experience in the future, possibly after his full recovery.
    I did not hear him make these comments. In my original post i stated "I have not heard him come right out and make an announcement telling us what his condition is - if he did, then i missed it." I threw that out there to be corrected if necessary because the only comments I heard him make were very elusive. If I heard him make those disclosures I would not have posted. I listen to the shows in their entirety except for the occasional 1 hour infomercials but somewhere i didn't pick it up. So I stand corrected on posting.

    Back to the original post topic - I don;t think the tone of the show has changed in the year I have been listening and I have gone back and listened to archives as well they all sound the same to me. And I don't mind the commercials. I have purchased from several or his sponsors all money well spent. If it became a listener funded show I would be okay with that. There is too much good info to miss out on.

  2. Registered User
    bigwade's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  329 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    147
    Answers
    0

    I don't feel I'm delusional but, I did feel that your post was a personal attack. That's why I posted in the first place. I'm not on any defensive high horse. Carl is readily accessible. If the need to know is that big of a deal, simply message him and ask and he can, Carl, determine if he chooses to share any info with you.
  3. Registered User
    Pocono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwade View Post
    I don't feel I'm delusional but, I did feel that your post was a personal attack. That's why I posted in the first place. I'm not on any defensive high horse. Carl is readily accessible. If the need to know is that big of a deal, simply message him and ask and he can, Carl, determine if he chooses to share any info with you.
    I get the sense that you didn't comprehend my first post or follow up. Go ahead and re-read and feel free to get back to me with any questions.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    bigwade's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  329 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    147
    Answers
    0

    You've long answered any questions I would have, trust me. When you're done talking out of both sides of your mouth, let everyone know. Simple, you were bashing Carl,end of report. I called you on it. From here, if you want the last word, it's yours.
  5. Registered User
    coolpapa's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jsfu View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the tone of the show is changing negatively? It's like the neighbor that does you a favor, but then comes back expecting you to do them an even bigger one. Rob Regish is getting an awful lot of exposure, and if anyone hasn't boughten the blueprint yet, they probably aren't going to. And now the cross promotion with Rob praising other products. Ugh.

    There was discussion some months ago about charging a subscription to listen to the show, and cut out the advertising. Now we have hard-sell advertising, and pay programming?

    I've been listening to the show since almost the beginning, and I thank Carl for all of his hard work over the years. I don't think the show will continue to be successful on it's current path.

    BTW, what other podcasts do you guys listen to?
    I think you were essentially saying the Blueprint power hour is getting bit old, if so, I would agree. But Ive been listening to Carl almost from the start and I think he's pretty much covered everything having to do with physical culture...lol. Once you start to get low on ideas and such I mean what are you gonna do for a daily podcast?! Its nothing at all against Wade or Rob because I like those guys. But I think I understand where you were trying come from. Ive learned a great deal from Carl's show so I cant stand to even think that I am bashing the dude...so thats not what Im doing. Just my opinion.
  6. Registered User
    Cogrick2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    158
    Answers
    0

    I still enjoy the Power Hour very much. Quite frankly, I'm surprised by how often in the short lifetime of the Power Hour Rob has repeated an idea that I either forgot or did not hear completely. This is largely due to the way in which I usually listen (at work, attention not always dedicated to the podcast). I usually play the Power Hour episodes twice, as I do with Adel Moussa's, and I still miss and forget stuff!
  7. Registered User
    southsideguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    405
    Answers
    0

    Any company that puts creatine in a patch is suspect to me. Sorry; just sayin....
  8. Registered User
    neverfail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1
    Answers
    0

    Pocono, I couldn't help but tell you I totally agree with how you addressed your concerns. In addition you articulated all your points well. At no time did I feel you attacked Carl in any way! Some people just need to re read things but even then it won't matter. You can't shake a closed hand/fist.
  9. Registered User
    ryanp81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,123
    Answers
    0

    The show seems to be running stagnant as of lately to some but in all honesty I don't get tired of hearing Brooks and Rob on the show, I would like to hear more of the likes of Vince Andrich, Mike Mahler and Matt Cahill on it again...
  10. Registered User
    southsideguy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    405
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanp81
    The show seems to be running stagnant as of lately to some but in all honesty I don't get tired of hearing Brooks and Rob on the show, I would like to hear more of the likes of Vince Andrich, Mike Mahler and Matt Cahill on it again...
    Agreed
  11. Registered User
    stephenlay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29
    Answers
    0

    I think it is hard to find a perfect balance of show content that everyone always likes. I am more science minded and love the new research interviews and Adel's time. I know the Blueprint Power Hours is very popular but I sometimes miss those. Overall there is not another radio show I have found that I enjoy more.
  12. Registered User
    Mixelflick's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    500
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by stephenlay View Post
    I think it is hard to find a perfect balance of show content that everyone always likes. I am more science minded and love the new research interviews and Adel's time. I know the Blueprint Power Hours is very popular but I sometimes miss those. Overall there is not another radio show I have found that I enjoy more.
    Thanks so much man, I put everything I have into every Blueprint Power Hour and strive to give people something they can take away from EVERY show and put into practice THAT day. That's what I'd want, if I was listening.

    I also try to remain as objective as possible, in terms of supp recommendations, and keeping a healthy balance between those and training/dietary related questions. For example, most of my supp recommendations will include a brand name AND the equivalent active ingredient. If I'm talking about GammaGH for example (a non-SHR sponsor company btw), I'll also cite the fact it's simply HPLC/HPCS 100% pure GABA. I often go further than that, like items you'll find at your local grocery store...

    One BP Tip of The Day I recommended a VERY common herbal blend inclusive of Tumeric-Curcumin/Fenugreek and 8 other bodybuilding super-herbs. It's likely in the spice aisle of your local grocery store today. And even used at 2g/day, it'll run you a whopping $.21cents/day to realize some pretty cool benefits.

    Anyway, I appreciate everyone's comments here both positive and negative. I'll use them to continue to refine the Power Hour, because it's YOUR show - and I want to give you the BEST possible answers to whatever question it is that you have...
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  13. Registered User
    jsfu's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12
    Answers
    0

    Started listening to the show again, and I would like to revise my previously-stated opinion. The show comes across as much more positive now, and I think this meshes with the goal of reaching super-humanity.

    Thanks Carl and Alisa.
  14. Radio Host
    Board Sponsor
    triceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,235
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jsfu View Post
    Started listening to the show again, and I would like to revise my previously-stated opinion. The show comes across as much more positive now, and I think this meshes with the goal of reaching super-humanity.Thanks Carl and Alisa.
    I have to first apologize for not reading this thread thoroughly prior to this post. I think it can be said the SHR is an organic show. As such, the tone of the show and the freshness of it's content may ebb and flow. I was reading some of the 2012 posts and agree that it may have gotten a bit stale. I have hired two people to help with the content of the show. In the early years I was able to keep my ear to the ground for content. Today the show requires so much more attention in more administrative capacities and those are my hats to wear. I hired Ginny RoBards who is brilliant and diligent at focusing on scientific rigor and accuracy to help me find the topics that fit the mission of the show. I also hired Alex Leaf to handle additional guest and show topics as well as the Newsletter and his new role as News Director (I will explain more shortly). Elliott Turton is doing a lot of the production work that I had to do and then there's is Alisa who catches all the fall-through-the-crack items that slip from my hands.GCN - the syndication arm of the Alex Jones show Infowars - has just signed SHR. They are going to syndicate the show into as many of their 500+ affiliate markets as possible over the new couple years. Ted Anderson - owner of GCN - reached out to Alisa and I 2 month ago and said he LOVES the show and what we are doing and wants to add us the the Genesis Communications Network. He believes, as I do, that we can have an real impact on people's health. As a result of the syndication we have to have some new elements in the production of the show. One, namely, a 5 minute news segment at the top of the hour. So instead of the show starting right at 12:00 PM ET it will start at 12:06PM ET as the 5 minutes of news and one commercial break will precede. Alex and Elliott will be working together to produce a top notch news segment that should be very different from the mainstream news of other shows. Ours will not pander to the headlines of press releases but instead deliver the REAL info the mainstream is too timid or corrupt to announce.As I type this it occurs to me that I have done a terrible job at communicating to those of you (jsfu as well as all who read this) just what goes on here. And you've all been so loyal to the show for so long. I take all of your criticisms to heart and avoid being too intoxicated by the compliments. Sit tight because shortly the country will have a better grasp of just what being part of this Super Human Community really means!With complete humilityCarl
  15. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    I have to first apologize for not reading this thread thoroughly prior to this post. I think it can be said the SHR is an organic show. As such, the tone of the show and the freshness of it's content may ebb and flow. I was reading some of the 2012 posts and agree that it may have gotten a bit stale. I have hired two people to help with the content of the show. In the early years I was able to keep my ear to the ground for content. Today the show requires so much more attention in more administrative capacities and those are my hats to wear. I hired Ginny RoBards who is brilliant and diligent at focusing on scientific rigor and accuracy to help me find the topics that fit the mission of the show. I also hired Alex Leaf to handle additional guest and show topics as well as the Newsletter and his new role as News Director (I will explain more shortly). Elliott Turton is doing a lot of the production work that I had to do and then there's is Alisa who catches all the fall-through-the-crack items that slip from my hands.GCN - the syndication arm of the Alex Jones show Infowars - has just signed SHR. They are going to syndicate the show into as many of their 500+ affiliate markets as possible over the new couple years. Ted Anderson - owner of GCN - reached out to Alisa and I 2 month ago and said he LOVES the show and what we are doing and wants to add us the the Genesis Communications Network. He believes, as I do, that we can have an real impact on people's health. As a result of the syndication we have to have some new elements in the production of the show. One, namely, a 5 minute news segment at the top of the hour. So instead of the show starting right at 12:00 PM ET it will start at 12:06PM ET as the 5 minutes of news and one commercial break will precede. Alex and Elliott will be working together to produce a top notch news segment that should be very different from the mainstream news of other shows. Ours will not pander to the headlines of press releases but instead deliver the REAL info the mainstream is too timid or corrupt to announce.As I type this it occurs to me that I have done a terrible job at communicating to those of you (jsfu as well as all who read this) just what goes on here. And you've all been so loyal to the show for so long. I take all of your criticisms to heart and avoid being too intoxicated by the compliments. Sit tight because shortly the country will have a better grasp of just what being part of this Super Human Community really means!With complete humilityCarl
    Carl is top notch.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How to tone my stomach?
    By RAZORBACK09 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 03:27 PM
  2. Best cycle for a woman to cut and tone?
    By kashmoney72 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 04:55 PM
  3. Best cycle for a woman to cut and tone?
    By kashmoney72 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 02:56 PM
  4. tone my butt?
    By rnmills123 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:21 AM
  5. Wife needs to tone her legs
    By badbart in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 08:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in