New tone of the show.

jsfu

Awards
Does anyone else feel like the tone of the show is changing negatively? It's like the neighbor that does you a favor, but then comes back expecting you to do them an even bigger one. Rob Regish is getting an awful lot of exposure, and if anyone hasn't boughten the blueprint yet, they probably aren't going to. And now the cross promotion with Rob praising other products. Ugh.

There was discussion some months ago about charging a subscription to listen to the show, and cut out the advertising. Now we have hard-sell advertising, and pay programming?

I've been listening to the show since almost the beginning, and I thank Carl for all of his hard work over the years. I don't think the show will continue to be successful on it's current path.

BTW, what other podcasts do you guys listen to?

skunkman

Awards
I just started listening myself and really like the show, but if a pay wall is put in place I would most likely stop. I looked around for some other podcasts but nothing that really sparked my interest. Would be interested to here of any other shows of this nature myself.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
I get emails from listener saying they wish there were no commercial s and that they would pay for a commercial free version.. this is why I have discussed this option.. the show will continue to have advertisers and remain free to the public.. as far as your suggesting the show has become negative and then stating that Rob Regish gets too much airtime... how is this a negative tone? So he promotes products he likes. He gets no remuneration for those statements. Its what he believes. So how is this "negative" tone?

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone else feel like the tone of the show is changing negatively? It's like the neighbor that does you a favor, but then comes back expecting you to do them an even bigger one. Rob Regish is getting an awful lot of exposure, and if anyone hasn't boughten the blueprint yet, they probably aren't going to. And now the cross promotion with Rob praising other products. Ugh.

There was discussion some months ago about charging a subscription to listen to the show, and cut out the advertising. Now we have hard-sell advertising, and pay programming?

I've been listening to the show since almost the beginning, and I thank Carl for all of his hard work over the years. I don't think the show will continue to be successful on it's current path.

I can appreciate your perspective, but am struggling to understand a few things...

I'm not sure what negative tone you're referring to? Every show I've heard has been exceedingly positive, especially insofar as helping to answer people's questions/drop useful tips. You will hear some ranting vs. the FDA, but given their attempts to dictate our food supply, etc. I feel it's well warranted. In terms of my airtime - I have a standing slot of 1hr out of 10hrs of programming every week. I share the roundtable series on Strength and Hypertrophy with Wade Johnson, and we do those shows at most twice/month.

I do use and recommend other companies products. You may have noticed many of these aren't even SHR sponsors, I hope? In fact, in many cases I refer to supps by their generic names (i.e. "GABA"/EAA's etc.). Will I recommend Craze? Yes, I will b/c I've used and liked it. In the same breath, I'll usually recommend Ephedrine from vendors not associated with the show, or how to go about getting it from your local drugstore.

If there's something you think I/we could be doing better, I'm all for it. The vast majority of the feedback we get is positive, and I hope you can understand some of my points here.

Many thanks..

jsfu

Awards
I get emails from listener saying they wish there were no commercial s and that they would pay for a commercial free version.. this is why I have discussed this option.. the show will continue to have advertisers and remain free to the public.. as far as your suggesting the show has become negative and then stating that Rob Regish gets too much airtime... how is this a negative tone? So he promotes products he likes. He gets no remuneration for those statements. Its what he believes. So how is this "negative" tone?
One thing that really turns me off is the "spend a buck" lectures. Like when Brooks wasn't getting buys for his online seminar and you brought him on for a short segment and lectured about how people need to be investing their health, training library. Or in the BP Power Hours, you guys talk like listening to Rob without buying the Blueprint makes you cheap. I bought the BP, maybe a year ago, by the way, to support Rob and the show. Here and there, fine, but it's almost like a mantra now.

The negativity is also a general observation. Carl, you can no doubt start asking yourself how you are feeling when you do the show in the future, and decide. Am I being positive? Am I being negative?

@Rob, yes I realize that you promote many products, not just the sponsors.

Look guys, I'm not here to start a pissing match with you. I was more interested in hearing from other listeners to see if they agreed with my observation. I've enjoyed listening to the show, and appreciate both of your hard work. It's your ball, and you can play the game however you want.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One thing that really turns me off is the "spend a buck" lectures. Like when Brooks wasn't getting buys for his online seminar and you brought him on for a short segment and lectured about how people need to be investing their health, training library. Or in the BP Power Hours, you guys talk like listening to Rob without buying the Blueprint makes you cheap. I bought the BP, maybe a year ago, by the way, to support Rob and the show. Here and there, fine, but it's almost like a mantra now.

The negativity is also a general observation. Carl, you can no doubt start asking yourself how you are feeling when you do the show in the future, and decide. Am I being positive? Am I being negative?

@Rob, yes I realize that you promote many products, not just the sponsors.

Look guys, I'm not here to start a pissing match with you. I was more interested in hearing from other listeners to see if they agreed with my observation. I've enjoyed listening to the show, and appreciate both of your hard work. It's your ball, and you can play the game however you want.
I appreciate your comments/feedback man, and will take them to heart.

On this week's BP Power Hour for example, I'll be detailing a "Recession Intra Workout" recovery drink - for which 3 out of the 4 ingredients will be bought at your local supermarket. The other ingredient will be referred to in generic terms.

Many thanks, I appreciate your input...

vinnietrt

Awards
A few observations...
First I actually like the advertising on the show. I had never heard of ageforce before, and would have been spending a ton of money buying compounded pregnenolone and dhea separately. Not only is it cheaper in price, but my recent blood work proves its the real deal. Every contact I've had with anyone associated with Carl and shr has been genuine and sincere as well as extremely helpful. Folks, in this industry finding integrity is rare. We've all been screwed millions of times, I think when you find the good people and products give them the platform they have earned and lets all benefit. As far as Rob, I have not bought the blueprint (yet) but the man had answered several of my questions and does not ever hold any of his knowledge back based on how much cash he's received from you. Try finding that from weider, twin lab, muscle tech or anyone else. And his is real advice not just pc textbook answers.

As to the negativity, I'm not sure if you're referring to the FDA or monsatan rants, but if so I can say I've learned a lot from those rants! I honestly think every think Carl presents on the show is for the good of his audience. Not bashing for the sake of bashing.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A few observations...
First I actually like the advertising on the show. I had never heard of ageforce before, and would have been spending a ton of money buying compounded pregnenolone and dhea separately. Not only is it cheaper in price, but my recent blood work proves its the real deal. Every contact I've had with anyone associated with Carl and shr has been genuine and sincere as well as extremely helpful. Folks, in this industry finding integrity is rare. We've all been screwed millions of times, I think when you find the good people and products give them the platform they have earned and lets all benefit. As far as Rob, I have not bought the blueprint (yet) but the man had answered several of my questions and does not ever hold any of his knowledge back based on how much cash he's received from you. Try finding that from weider, twin lab, muscle tech or anyone else. And his is real advice not just pc textbook answers.

As to the negativity, I'm not sure if you're referring to the FDA or monsatan rants, but if so I can say I've learned a lot from those rants! I honestly think every think Carl presents on the show is for the good of his audience. Not bashing for the sake of bashing.
I appreciate your comments man, really do.

This is YOUR show, so far as I'm concerned. I took everything jsfu wrote to heart and thought long and hard about it these past few days. If you listen to today's show, I did my absolute best to keep his concerns in mind. I hope you found it a step in the right direction, because I want every episode better than the last.

If anyone else thinks we can be doing something better, I'm all ears. I spent 30 years being lied to, upsold and scammed. And I'll be damned if I turn around a do that to anyone else. I ain't perfect, but that's what I strive for every show. I want everyone who listens to walk away with at least one piece of information they can put into practice today, to better their training. That's never going to change...

asdfvtn

Awards
I'd stop listening if there's a premium. Tons of other things to listen to..

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get emails from listener saying they wish there were no commercial s and that they would pay for a commercial free version.. this is why I have discussed this option.. the show will continue to have advertisers and remain free to the public.
Key word here is option. If you don't mind the commercials, then continue listening to it as is. If you hate the commercials then feel free to upgrade to the premium show to avoid said commercials. A lot of podcast and internet radio shows have moved in this direction. Carl isn't offering a payment only show, he's giving his listeners choices which is something everyone can appreciate. IMO this is a smart business move that has no repercussion on lay listeners what so ever.

Cogrick2

Awards
I feel like SHR is better than ever. The shows continue to be surprising. The BP hour is great. Wade Johnson's success and thoughts pair well with Rob's. Carl is authentic. I love it.

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I don't like is the age force stuff, other than that the show is ok.

I love it when Rob is on there

firefighterma

Awards
What's wrong with the age force stuff?
I could agree with that. Ive bought many a product through Carls recommendations. Some have become staples. I was about to invest in the Age Force fat loss patch and THAT morning he had Steve on and damn was I put off. The guy made it blantantly obvious he was reading straight off a sheet when he was trying to phonetically read the names of Isoleucine and tryptophan. Not even being able to speak the names of main ingrediants (not to mention that given the way these guys are supposed to be "cutting edge" that these amino acids should be more familiar to him than his children) was enough for me to steer well clear of Age Force and turn the show off early for the first time.

Cogrick2

Awards
I appreciate Steve maintaining the supportive relationship with superhumanradio as well as his helpful emailed responses to my questions, but it does concern me when he does not indicate as much understanding of the products as I would like. I am happy that he has become increasingly knowledgeable about the products and human physiology, and that he reads responses from the R&D team of the company that communicate what is likely a group of strong scientific minds that perform the company's research & development.

vinnietrt

Awards
I'll say this my blood work has proven to me that their patches do indeed work. I've also had several email conversations with Steve and he has always been extremely helpful. Like I've said before, you can't just email joe weider or and other owner of a company and get a fast response or any at all for that matter.

jsfu

Awards
I'll say this my blood work has proven to me that their patches do indeed work. I've also had several email conversations with Steve and he has always been extremely helpful. Like I've said before, you can't just email joe weider or and other owner of a company and get a fast response or any at all for that matter.
Steve Lapidus and Joe Weider? Not the same thing.

On another note, what if all those identical looking patches were just square bandages and the only active ingredient in the adhesive was placebo?

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Steve Lapidus and Joe Weider? Not the same thing.

On another note, what if all those identical looking patches were just square bandages and the only active ingredient in the adhesive was placebo?
There are people who are using the DHEA + Pregnenolone patch and have pre and post usage blood work. If the patch was just adhesive their blood levels wouldn't show anything new. They show considerable elevations in DHEA and Pregnololne levels. and according to one individual, better than his oral supplementation. Its not just adhesive. Just like a nicotine patch is not just adhesive. I'm not expecting everyone to grab on to the patch products. Transdermal patch delivery is a main steam vehicle these days.

bigwade

bigwade

Awards
I have just joined the forum. So, I'm behind on a bunch it appears. As for the tone of the show, I have seen no difference, however; I'm certainly open to anything that people would want discussed. Whatever would make it a better and more informative show for the listeners, I'm for at least listening to.

Cogrick2

Awards
There are people who are using the DHEA + Pregnenolone patch and have pre and post usage blood work. If the patch was just adhesive their blood levels wouldn't show anything new. They show considerable elevations in DHEA and Pregnololne levels. and according to one individual, better than his oral supplementation. Its not just adhesive. Just like a nicotine patch is not just adhesive. I'm not expecting everyone to grab on to the patch products. Transdermal patch delivery is a main steam vehicle these days.
I could say a lot in response - but I'll just say I 'think' I have blood test evidence of the patches working and qualitatively, the DHEA/Preg. patches increase my libido. I am working to resolve some questions I have about recent blood test results. I hope to say more soon.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have just joined the forum. So, I'm behind on a bunch it appears. As for the tone of the show, I have seen no difference, however; I'm certainly open to anything that people would want discussed. Whatever would make it a better and more informative show for the listeners, I'm for at least listening to.
Welcome to Anabolic Minds forum Wade!
I was actually just browsing around to find you. Steve told me you might be popping in.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice.

If you or Carl have time I wouldn't mind taking a look at your numbers. I have yet to get any testing done with my patches. It would be nice to see someone get before/afters on our newest patch.
I just received mine yesterday.

Cogrick2

Awards
Very nice.

If you or Carl have time I wouldn't mind taking a look at your numbers. I have yet to get any testing done with my patches. It would be nice to see someone get before/afters on our newest patch.
I just received mine yesterday.
How are you thinking blood test results might change after using the amino acid patches?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How are you thinking blood test results might change after using the amino acid patches?
I figure blood leucine levels before application and 8 hours after would be different, showing elevated levels after application.

bigwade

bigwade

Awards
I am currently using, in the 2nd week, CoQ10, B-12, Fat burner and NO patch and the amino patch is on the way. I'm looking forward to trying them and seeing the results. I'm going to start a training journal here as well for anyone interested in how an old guy trains and welcome feedback.

Cogrick2

Awards
I am currently using, in the 2nd week, CoQ10, B-12, Fat burner and NO patch and the amino patch is on the way. I'm looking forward to trying them and seeing the results. I'm going to start a training journal here as well for anyone interested in how an old guy trains and welcome feedback.
Great news! I hope you see a benefit and look forward to tracking your progress.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice and welcome. I love the patches

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

westcoastd

Awards

I have been listening to the show for over a year.
The tone hasn't changed at all, and Rob Regish has provided a ton of insight outside of the blueprint. If you feel when he is on that its all about selling more copies of the blueprint, then we are listening to different shows.

There is no free lunch - if you want SHR to be free then you have to be willing to have commercials and sponsors like Rob. I think they manage that balance quite well.

Rob and Carl, I think the show is better than ever. The only thing I would change in a perfect world is to ask some of your sponsors to tone down some of the adds - the loud guitar riffs and some dude shouting about a prohormone that *****s AAS is a bit annoying. If it was a bit classier and less in your face it would make it much easier to listen though. Minor complaint tho.

BPPH is my favorite segment. Casual Fridays my least fav.

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
I could agree with that. Ive bought many a product through Carls recommendations. Some have become staples. I was about to invest in the Age Force fat loss patch and THAT morning he had Steve on and damn was I put off. The guy made it blantantly obvious he was reading straight off a sheet when he was trying to phonetically read the names of Isoleucine and tryptophan. Not even being able to speak the names of main ingrediants (not to mention that given the way these guys are supposed to be "cutting edge" that these amino acids should be more familiar to him than his children) was enough for me to steer well clear of Age Force and turn the show off early for the first time.
I believe the guy was an ex car salesman. Carl should have the actual R&D member on the show, not some executive who doesnt have a clue about his own products. Notice how Carl "pushes him along " through the entire interview?

Pimp job...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So Hes not a science guy. I could understand why you feel that way.

Pocono

Awards
I have been listening to the show for over a year now and I think it has provided me with a wealth of information. I think Carl is doing a lot of good for the health of his listeners on an individual basis as well as keeping us up to date on what is going on in the regulatory and medical services industry. Rob and Brooks are my favorite guests as well. The only shows I skip through are the ones where advertisers are interviewed for an hour at a time pimping their products. I don't mind the commercials.

In recent weeks however I have heard Carl make several brief and elusive comments about this life threatening condition he has worked himself into caused by weight lifting, but I have not heard him come right out and make an announcement telling us what his condition is - if he did, then i missed it. I don't understand how he can keep his medical condition a quasi secret when he is on the air everyday telling all of us the benefits of weight lifting. This seems contradictory.

Additionally in recent weeks I have heard numerous comments about how he hasn't been working out on a regular basis anymore and how he doesn't have time to do this or time to do that, but he mentioned he only spends an hour a day preparing for his two hour radio show. I guess what I want to ask is, is Carl losing his $hit?

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, what makes you think Carl has an obligation to share every part of his life? If and when he wants to talk about something, I'm sure he will! Do you want to let everyone know every detail about your life?

bigwade

bigwade

Awards
I've got to agree with Daniel. On one hand you reverse Carl with what he's offered and what you've taken away from it and then spend the next paragraph basically bashing him and then go on to say is Carl losing his S%&T. But you listen and, you have received what you was a wealth of information...well, which is it? Look, I know Carl personally and have for years. If you are taking a "wealth" of information from the show, then why does his prep time, or even lack thereof, mean anything? What I see here is a poor attempt at bashing someone.

Pocono

Awards
You both appear delusional.

I am not holding myself out over the airwaves prophesying the benefits of weightlifting as Carl is, so no I don't share every detail of my life. Carl in his chosen path pushes the benefits of weightlifting and he certainly shares many minute and personal details of his personal life, so if he is going to start making statements about a "life threatening" condition he has brought on by the very activity he preaches about on a daily basis, he should either come clean with us like his does with his other personal issues, or keep these elusive facts to himself until he is either ready to talk or put it behind him, because right now I cant help but question this as disingenuous behavior. His show prep time means nothing to me, and I realize he has some family issues going on, but when I hear repeated complaints about how he hasn't been working out, and he is short in time, I was surprised when I heard him say prep time was 45 minutes per show. It's like going to church on Sunday and listening to the priest talk about all of the cardinal sins he commits during the week. It doesn't hurt to stop and ask if the the wheels are coming off the cart. Otherwise you're only doing yourself a disservice. In any case I wish Carl well. So you two need to get off of your defensive high horse and actually think about what I wrote and put two and two together.

Cogrick2

Awards
I've never heard that he preps only 45 minutes per show. If so, it's working well! I am sure he spends a lot more time doing research so he can stay informed (and find / maintain contracts and relationships with advertisers, and find / schedule guests, and so on...).

I think your post, Pocono, would have been received better if you had asked a question. Carl recently said that he has to be careful revealing whatever is happening to him and I take him at his word. Might you be satisfied if he simply said that whatever is happening with him does not change his exercise suggestions for the rest of us? He almost said as much by saying that his condition is inherited. He also said recently that he would talk more about his experience in the future, possibly after his full recovery.

Pocono

Awards
Carl recently said that he has to be careful revealing whatever is happening to him and I take him at his word. Might you be satisfied if he simply said that whatever is happening with him does not change his exercise suggestions for the rest of us? He almost said as much by saying that his condition is inherited. He also said recently that he would talk more about his experience in the future, possibly after his full recovery.
I did not hear him make these comments. In my original post i stated "I have not heard him come right out and make an announcement telling us what his condition is - if he did, then i missed it." I threw that out there to be corrected if necessary because the only comments I heard him make were very elusive. If I heard him make those disclosures I would not have posted. I listen to the shows in their entirety except for the occasional 1 hour infomercials but somewhere i didn't pick it up. So I stand corrected on posting.

Back to the original post topic - I don;t think the tone of the show has changed in the year I have been listening and I have gone back and listened to archives as well they all sound the same to me. And I don't mind the commercials. I have purchased from several or his sponsors all money well spent. If it became a listener funded show I would be okay with that. There is too much good info to miss out on.

bigwade

bigwade

Awards
I don't feel I'm delusional but, I did feel that your post was a personal attack. That's why I posted in the first place. I'm not on any defensive high horse. Carl is readily accessible. If the need to know is that big of a deal, simply message him and ask and he can, Carl, determine if he chooses to share any info with you.

Pocono

Awards
I don't feel I'm delusional but, I did feel that your post was a personal attack. That's why I posted in the first place. I'm not on any defensive high horse. Carl is readily accessible. If the need to know is that big of a deal, simply message him and ask and he can, Carl, determine if he chooses to share any info with you.
I get the sense that you didn't comprehend my first post or follow up. Go ahead and re-read and feel free to get back to me with any questions.

bigwade

bigwade

Awards
You've long answered any questions I would have, trust me. When you're done talking out of both sides of your mouth, let everyone know. Simple, you were bashing Carl,end of report. I called you on it. From here, if you want the last word, it's yours.

coolpapa

Awards

I think you were essentially saying the Blueprint power hour is getting bit old, if so, I would agree. But Ive been listening to Carl almost from the start and I think he's pretty much covered everything having to do with physical culture...lol. Once you start to get low on ideas and such I mean what are you gonna do for a daily podcast?! Its nothing at all against Wade or Rob because I like those guys. But I think I understand where you were trying come from. Ive learned a great deal from Carl's show so I cant stand to even think that I am bashing the dude...so thats not what Im doing. Just my opinion.

Cogrick2

Awards
I still enjoy the Power Hour very much. Quite frankly, I'm surprised by how often in the short lifetime of the Power Hour Rob has repeated an idea that I either forgot or did not hear completely. This is largely due to the way in which I usually listen (at work, attention not always dedicated to the podcast). I usually play the Power Hour episodes twice, as I do with Adel Moussa's, and I still miss and forget stuff!

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
Any company that puts creatine in a patch is suspect to me. Sorry; just sayin....

neverfail

Awards
Pocono, I couldn't help but tell you I totally agree with how you addressed your concerns. In addition you articulated all your points well. At no time did I feel you attacked Carl in any way! Some people just need to re read things but even then it won't matter. You can't shake a closed hand/fist.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
The show seems to be running stagnant as of lately to some but in all honesty I don't get tired of hearing Brooks and Rob on the show, I would like to hear more of the likes of Vince Andrich, Mike Mahler and Matt Cahill on it again...

southsideguy

southsideguy

Awards
  • Established
The show seems to be running stagnant as of lately to some but in all honesty I don't get tired of hearing Brooks and Rob on the show, I would like to hear more of the likes of Vince Andrich, Mike Mahler and Matt Cahill on it again...
Agreed