• Established
SHR 7/20 @ 10:00AM PT / 1:00PM ET

Eating In Harmony With Your Metabolism

Guest: Jim Marlowe

Listen LIVE using the LIVE Player above

Norcal Mike

Norcal Mike

Awards
Metabolic Typing (MT) sounds like it may have some merit, but I wonder about the boundaries placed on the spectrum to keep people within functional, healthy ranges. I am concerned that MT may accommodate less-than-ideal macronutrient intakes for those on the extremes, but claim to feel better out there. Might a "protein type" drive their body too acidic? Might a "carb type" just be hanging onto their typical treatment for symptoms of hypoglycemia? How do you get a carb type adapted to burn fat again if they have eaten lots of bread and pasta for years? Would Mr. Marlowe agree that the individual might benefit from going ketogenic for a period of time to ramp back up their fat-burning machinery?

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Metabolic Typing (MT) sounds like it may have some merit, but I wonder about the boundaries placed on the spectrum to keep people within functional, healthy ranges. I am concerned that MT may accommodate less-than-ideal macronutrient intakes for those on the extremes, but claim to feel better out there. Might a "protein type" drive their body too acidic? Might a "carb type" just be hanging onto their typical treatment for symptoms of hypoglycemia? How do you get a carb type adapted to burn fat again if they have eaten lots of bread and pasta for years? Would Mr. Marlowe agree that the individual might benefit from going ketogenic for a period of time to ramp back up their fat-burning machinery?
I will pose this question when he's back on first week of August....

envibladez

envibladez

Awards
Also due to the fact that metabolic typing is based upon a questionnaire(if im not mistaken)......Wouldn't the things we have been taught or the habits we have adapted influence our answers to the questions??
hmmm just dont know how they make sure that it is truly accurate!?!?!