SHR LIVE 7/20 Eating In Harmony With Your Metabolism
- 07-20-2011, 08:39 AM
- 07-23-2011, 10:40 AM
Metabolic Typing (MT) sounds like it may have some merit, but I wonder about the boundaries placed on the spectrum to keep people within functional, healthy ranges. I am concerned that MT may accommodate less-than-ideal macronutrient intakes for those on the extremes, but claim to feel better out there. Might a "protein type" drive their body too acidic? Might a "carb type" just be hanging onto their typical treatment for symptoms of hypoglycemia? How do you get a carb type adapted to burn fat again if they have eaten lots of bread and pasta for years? Would Mr. Marlowe agree that the individual might benefit from going ketogenic for a period of time to ramp back up their fat-burning machinery?
07-23-2011, 10:54 AM
07-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Also due to the fact that metabolic typing is based upon a questionnaire(if im not mistaken)......Wouldn't the things we have been taught or the habits we have adapted influence our answers to the questions??
hmmm just dont know how they make sure that it is truly accurate!?!?!
Similar Forum Threads
- By triceptor in forum Super Human RadioReplies: 2Last Post: 06-07-2011, 07:47 AM
- By Berserko in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2009, 05:58 PM
- By cumkwakka in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2009, 05:43 AM
- By tengle56 in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 04-12-2009, 05:30 PM
- By bigdave in forum Weight LossReplies: 5Last Post: 12-05-2007, 11:51 AM