Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha....i love the intro...

airvine91

Awards
I've heard Flex refer to bodybuilding drug use as sports technology drugs. I always thought that was a cute way of saying anabolic steroids and hgh/insulin. But he said it goes way beyond what the basic gym drug user does. And that made me wonder... They must really have some crazy things that the general public isn't even aware of. Does it really go beyond AAS and Peptides?

ben61820

Awards
i loved this interview. I have been way on the strength side of things since i started lifting, all but eschewing all hypertrophy based work. But i gotta say the more and more i listen to bodybuilders on SHR the more i am impressed by them. i have zero interest in competeing but i'd be lying if i said i wasnt thinking about doing some more hypertrophy based supplemental work and rep schemes.

airvine91

Awards
i loved this interview. I have been way on the strength side of things since i started lifting, all but eschewing all hypertrophy based work. But i gotta say the more and more i listen to bodybuilders on SHR the more i am impressed by them. i have zero interest in competeing but i'd be lying if i said i wasnt thinking about doing some more hypertrophy based supplemental work and rep schemes.
I've switched all of my training to strength training with 3-4 sets of hypertrophy emphasis excersices at the end of my workouts. I have had better results in both strength and size than doing either alone. Only drawback is recovery time is longer, but I'm loving this training style. I feel I hit all the muscle fibres and stimulate the CNS fully. On days I feel my CNS isn't recovered enough to train with my heavier poundage I'll just focus on ancillary groups and do mild strength/hypertrophy.

Oh and lately I've taken the advice from Brooks Kubic/Carl and do static holds with weight beyond what I could train with to stimulate the CNS and build up that connective tissue. Floor Press lockouts, and Squat Lockouts with massive weight. That has helped in all aspects of my physique/strength.

ben61820

Awards
with the same exercise? Like say with the OH press youd do your strength-focused worksets of say five reps and then when done with those work sets you'd lessen the weight and do like three more sets with 8-10 reps or something?

airvine91

Awards
with the same exercise? Like say with the OH press youd do your strength-focused worksets of say five reps and then when done with those work sets you'd lessen the weight and do like three more sets with 8-10 reps or something?
For instance. Yesterday was my designated shoulder day. I did 4 sets of OH press in a 5/3/1 style. I then went on to do my high row, or upright row are some call them. I did a similar 5/5/5 with that. Once I did those I went on to the hammer strength shoulder press and did another 5/3/1. Once that was all done it was simply cable side raises, nautilus delt press, and dumbell shoulder presses with the 8-12 for a full contraction and range of motion. After all that I just did 4 sets of shrugs with 100lb and 125lb dumbells. I find dumbell shrugs to be the best for traps and i get to build my grip strength as well.

Needless to say my shoulders are shot this morning.