1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.16%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jeffh3c View Post
    Hormone replacement and dealing with ignorant doc's who are otherwise good.
    sounds like the show they did yesterday
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.56%

Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    sounds like the show they did yesterday
    Listening to it now. Thanks!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.56%

How about a show with Dr Squat or someone flom EliteFts.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.41%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

I was listen to an old show of yours on melatonin and wondering if u could do another show on it
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.41%

Preliminary Study of the Vasorelaxant Effects of (+)-Nantenine, an Alkaloid Isolated from Platycapnos spicata, in Rat Aorta
    Francisco*Orallo, Alejandro*Fdez.*Alzueta
    Departamento de Farmacología, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
    Abstract

In this work, the potential vasorelaxant activity of (+)-nantenine, an alkaloid isolated from Platycapnos spicata, was studied for the first time in rat aorta. (+)-Nantenine (3 - 30 μM) totally relaxed, in a concentration-dependent manner and with almost equal effectiveness, the contractions induced by noradrenaline (NA) or by a high KCl concentration (60 mM) in intact rat aortic rings. Mechanical removal of endothelium and/or pretreatment of aorta rings with glibenclamide (10 μM) or tetraethylammonium (TEA, 2 mM) did not significantly modify the vasorelaxant effects of this aporphine alkaloid. In the experiments in Ca2+-free medium, (+)-nantenine (10 μM) had no effect on caffeine-induced contractions. Furthermore, in the studies with radiolabelled Ca2+, (+)-nantenine (3 - 30 μM) did not modify the basal uptake of 45Ca2+ but decreased, in a concentration-dependent fashion, the influx of 45Ca2+ induced by NA and KCl in endothelium-containing and endothelium-denuded rat aortic rings. In addition, (+)-nantenine (3 - 30 μM) was ineffective to scavenge superoxide anion (O2-) radicals generated by the hypoxanthine (HX)-xanthine oxidase (XO) system and/or to inhibit XO activity. These results indicate that: a) the vasorelaxant effects of (+)-nantenine in rat aorta are due, at least in part, to a blockage of Ca2+ influx through transmembrane calcium channels, b) the activation of ATP-sensitive K+ channels (KATP) and large conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels (KCa) present in smooth muscle cells, the presence (integrity) of endothelial system, an inhibitory action on XO enzymatic activity and/or O2- radicals scavenging properties are not involved in the vascular effects of (+)-nantenine in rat aorta described above. Just an interesting article I came across Thought a show about this compound or similar compounds might make a good show
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.8%

Ric Drasin would be a win win.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.92%

Hey Carl,

I've been training my girlfriend more and more, and I liked the show you had with Alicia Fong on womens training strategies.
    I would love to hear more from pro bikini chicks, or pro fitness girls, and learn more about their training first-hand.

Also, you used to have Matt Cahill as the supplement guru a while back. Now he's with DS sports, and there was that independent study on activate xtreme:

Clin Chim Acta. 2011 Oct 9;412(21-22):1999-2001. Epub 2011 Jul 12.
    A novel case of a raised testosterone and LH in a young man.
    McDonald TJ, Perry MH, Jones AG, Donohoe M, Salzmann MB, O'Connor J.
    Source

Clinical Chemistry, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, Exeter, UK.
    Abstract

A 19 year old male attended his GP with a history of "fluid retention", lack of libido and erectile dysfunction. He was found to have a high serum testosterone, and a raised luteinising hormone. After further investigations, the patient admitted to taking a supplement called ActivaTe Xtreme, obtained from an internet source, to address his low libido. ActivaTe Xtreme contains active ingredients which increase serum testosterone levels by several independent mechanisms that are not associated with luteinising hormone suppression. Urine analyses for synthetic anabolic steroids were negative, and urinary testosterone, epitestosterone and other androgens were normal. This biochemical pattern is not the same as that seen with anabolic steroids (i.e. raised testosterone, suppressed luteinising hormone and abnormal urine steroid profile). The issue of self medication with performance enhancing compounds needs to be carefully considered in order to avoid expensive and invasive investigations, missing an underlying pathology or misdiagnosing a patient. This case also raises the spectre of yet another "performance enhancing" product that may cause difficulty for those trying to ensure that sport remains on a "hormonally" equal basis.

Copyright © 2011. Published by Elsevier B.V.

PMID:
    [PubMed - in process]

Also they're finally getting around to releasing their new preworkout, which has been in the works for at least a year. I think it would be great to have him on.
    I'd like to know more about the 'latest & greatest' supplements hitting the market (like ursolic acid from PA). Let's hear what's new and what's hot, that kinda stuff.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Hey Carl, I mentioned it on your Facebook page, but I think eating Paleo and working out on a budget would be a great idea for a show. Also supplements on a budget
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

I would be very interested in listening to a show on the benefits Hydrogen Peroxide therapy.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.8%

James Levine from the Mayo Clinic

Important researcher in the new field of inactivity studies. They can studied the effects of sitting and it ain't good.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  85 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

hello carl.. i would very very interested on a show about bodybuilders adn non alchocholic fatty liver...i was resently diagnosed with this condition

though i m far from fat ( prety lean actually) and leading the bodybuilding lifestyle with ntrition and exercise..i have used AAS fpor the past 3 years moderately though..my hypatologist doesnt give an extract answer for what might caused this..he gave e the green light to eat as much protein as i want but keep an eye on sugars and oo many carbs.keeping my healthy fats high..
    so a show about this condition . nutrition whith this condition? what macros? and what about AAS? what compounds would be safe to use and how much? in what duration? what about ancilaries?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  85 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31%

also carl to continue the previous message...what OTC SUPS CAN i safely consume? what can i take to keep my liver healthy while on this condition? and is there something i can do to reverce this condition? as far as exercise nutrition supplement oe else?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.8%

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    hello carl.. i would very very interested on a show about bodybuilders adn non alchocholic fatty liver...i was resently diagnosed with this condition

though i m far from fat ( prety lean actually) and leading the bodybuilding lifestyle with ntrition and exercise..i have used AAS fpor the past 3 years moderately though..my hypatologist doesnt give an extract answer for what might caused this..he gave e the green light to eat as much protein as i want but keep an eye on sugars and oo many carbs.keeping my healthy fats high..
    so a show about this condition . nutrition whith this condition? what macros? and what about AAS? what compounds would be safe to use and how much? in what duration? what about ancilaries?
    Not the right forum but some suspect high fructose corn syrup causes this.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.8%

Beth Levine, M.D. about her recent study on Exercised induced autopathy.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.5%

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    also carl to continue the previous message...what OTC SUPS CAN i safely consume? what can i take to keep my liver healthy while on this condition? and is there something i can do to reverce this condition? as far as exercise nutrition supplement oe else?
    A while back I was also diagnosed wit NAFLD, and after watching what I ate and exercising for 3-6 months, there was no appreciable change in my liver. My energy levels were in the crapper, and it was all I could do to move. My endocrine system crashed at about the same time, further exacerbating an already low energy situation. I did some research on the condition online, and after much searching I ran across an article that said in essence that fatty liver disease was a disease of a choline deficiency. Knowing one the richest sources (and cheapest) sources of choline was lecithin, I bought a container and thought this will never work, but I'll give it a try. I took a teaspoon full the first day in the morning, and one at night. Second day, same thing. The third day, I thought I wonder if this is ever going to work as I got out the container in the morning, only to realize that the "fullness" that I had experienced in the area of my liver was GONE. I started taking a tablespoon 2x per day after that until the symptoms were gone and my liver enzymes returned to normal.

I know most people here are not fans of soy, and I am not either, with the exception of soy lecithin. There are gmo free soy lecithins available, for those who are interested.

Corky
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.93%

Hey Carl! I would like a show that covers the benefits and negatives of cooking food. Which foods must be cooked and which are better raw. Thanks!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.93%

And also an other interview with Ori Hofmekler .
  18. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Another with Matt LeLonde and Robb wolf on actual eating for different people and goals. Say 18-25 male and female etc and so forth as well as goals like body comp and performance.
    People still Wonder how to fuel for fat loss also
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.72%

Should you train when you've got a cold (or any other illness)? The idea came to me in the obvious way* found this Mike Mahler article on tnation titled sick_go_train (can't post URL, sorry), and went training with a head cold. So-so session, but I was glad it was not Legs day! what do you think?

* note to self: always carry some vit. C in the car! when used immediately on the first hint, it usually averts the cold.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.59%

How's it going Carl, hope all is well! I listened for the first time back when you had Rick Green of Celldyne on and were discussing Folstaxan.(if I'm not mistaken) You have an excellent program, just wanted to offer my thanks for all the GREAT info! Keep up the good work!
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Young JD View Post
    I was listen to an old show of yours on melatonin and wondering if u could do another show on it
    I second this one.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.86%

An episode is replaying right now with Dr. John McCarty and I would love to hear an updated show about spirulina. There are a lot of green powder supplements with this stuff out there, and I wonder about their efficacy.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Cogrick2 View Post
    An episode is replaying right now with Dr. John McCarty and I would love to hear an updated show about spirulina. There are a lot of green powder supplements with this stuff out there, and I wonder about their efficacy.
    It's on again right now. I would enjoy hearing this as an archived show so I can rewind it. Doctor John McCarty presents dense, quality information about the health benefits of spirulina.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.93%

I would love a show with Charles Poliquin!
  25. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiFit
    I would love a show with Charles Poliquin!
    Already been...check archives...#487
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.93%

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Already been...check archives...#487
    Thanks for the info! I'll download it at once . I wouldn't mind if he came to the show again, though.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.41%

Could you do a show on ds craze with Patrick Arnold and Matt Cahill as a guest could be a good show
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.86%

Quote Originally Posted by Young JD View Post
    Could you do a show on ds craze with Patrick Arnold and Matt Cahill as a guest could be a good show
    Carl said on Facebook that he has spoken with Cahill about doing a show but current litigation prevents him from doing so. That is going to be an interesting show!
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.08%

Carl has likely already plowed this ground- but a show spent on HRT for newbies (men entering their 40's- not necessarily new to anabolics/hgh). Carl has a lot of good insight to add on this topic.
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.53%

Not sure if you've heard of this from Stanford University News ..
    Stanford researchers' cooling glove 'better than steroids' – and helps solve physiological mystery, too

The temperature-regulation research of Stanford biologists H. Craig Heller and Dennis Grahn has led to a device that rapidly cools body temperature, greatly improves exercise recovery, and could help explain why muscles get tired.

It's on the stanford.edu website under news. Cannot post link here because of having too few posts.

It'd be interesting if you could get the researcher(s) on the show to discuss this further.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.8%

This article is infuriating. Paleo blogger censored. Maybe give him some air time...

beaufortcountynow.com/post/4728/paleo-diet-blogger-expects-to-lose-first-round-of-free-speech-lawsuit dot HTML
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.86%

Thank you for bringing attention to this issue, stephenlay.
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.86%

Does anyone else have trouble hearing Adel Moussa, at least sometimes? Carl, can you please consider summarizing his recent statements more frequently? I know this is difficult because his thoughts are complex.This would be especially helpful for me when he discusses multiple physiological compounds (like adiponectin).

Also, about melatonin (above post): I imagine there's some newer research you could discuss in a future podcast.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.8%

Cogrick2 I can hear him in as much as the audio quality is not being bad but he does cover a lot of material quickly. I am certainly a little lost at times on following everything in its fullest detail. I also appreciate that it is not dumbed down as it forces me to step up my knowledge. I read Adel's material on Suppversity too. I tend to listed to that stuff more than once.

I know Carl is downloading articles and maybe as part of this an Adel Summary of sorts could be part of it...

Easy for me to create more work for someone else
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  75 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.1%

Perhaps a show about the importance of shoulder and hip health. Injury prevention, rehabilitation and exercise discussions
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.8%

There is one talking about shoulder health. I heard it the other day listening to older shows. Pretty good show but I am not sure the name. Maybe search shoulder to find it.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.86%

I feel like Rob Regish and Wade Johnson have talked about shoulder health but I have no idea which episode.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.15%

I think that a show about internet addiction, more specifically porn addiction, would make for a fascinating topic. I just watched a TED presentation and it has shed allot of light on my own behavior. Having been a consumer for the last decade I see many, if not all, of the issues associated with this addiction present in my own life. I believe more information would not only be enlightening for myself but many other listeners as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSF82AwSDiU
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.89%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

It might be interesting to have a roundtable discussion on bulking/cutting cycles vs. "lean bulking" throughout a year, highlighting the differences in results (lets say "on-stage" results) between a relaxed or aggressive bulk compared to a "lean bulk," and how to decide which one to employ - more importantly, whether the bulk and cut phases is not appropriate for a natty bodybuilder OR whether it actually is not just appropriate but superior to lean bulking. May have already been done - just throwing this idea out there.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  143 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.93%

I'd like to hear a show about prehab exercises and how to implement them to a strength training program.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Last show
    By GrowthMan1 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 09:05 PM
  2. My Show
    By TheMouth in forum MMA
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 04:38 PM
  3. I'm off to the show
    By Rodja in forum MMA
    Replies: 21