Training intensity on steroids

NoFinishLine

Awards
Push the limits, heavier weights, more sets? work out more often during the week? What you guys think on this subject

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Push the limits, heavier weights, more sets? work out more often during the week? What you guys think on this subject
My opinion based on my experience, 2-day Split, every body part 2x week. I do close to the same volume. I just like to work the muscle more to take advantage of the anabolic effects. I usually do 1 warm up set and 3 working sets for each exercise. If time is tight I usually cut a bicep/tricep exercise. I do not do deads while "ON" as I have a tendency to get nasy pumps.

I attached a sample Split. 2days on, 1 day off, 2 days on...

Attachments

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Things that need to be considered when asking this question; how much overall training experience do you have.

Have you ever trained using anabolics.

Anabolic Steroids promote increased muscle contractile stength. The produces the capacity to move more weight.

Anabolic Steroids promote increased muscle recovery.

None of this considers your connective tissue strngth. Tendon and ligament damage is very common for first time users as well as inexperienced trainers who are also first time users.

That real sore feeling may not be a good thing.

I only mention this because you make no reference to experience.

Please excuse my inherent cynicism this morning :)